Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Israel currently under attack (Page 803 of 953)
Page / 953
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 2:50:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Go idf
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 2:57:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Hunter8282:

How are they still launching rockets?
View Quote

Because they have a lot of them.   Almost all of these rockets are essentially scaled up fireworks or the Estes model rockets you can buy at hobby stores. With an hours worth of training, you can make these things in your garage. Especially since quality control or safety isn’t a priority.

You can store dozens of them in your kitchen pantry and launch them from a single length of angle iron you lean up against anything.  And this is happening.

You also have the reality that many are launched from hospitals, schools and mosques.  

Link Posted: 11/17/2023 3:04:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Saltwater-Hillbilly:

Unfortunately for everyone, the so-called "Masters of the Universe" took the wrong lessons from the fall of the Berlin Wall.  There were essentially two schools of thought on how things would pan out; for simplicities sake (therefore risking gross simplification), the "Fukuyama" school and the "Huntington" school.  Francis Fukuyama wrote the famous essay "The End of History and the Last Man" in which he posited that all of the major historical issues had all been settled by the fall of Communism, that every major question had more-or-less been settled, that the world would be governed by some form of liberal democracy and all of the economics would be capitalistic.  With no "Big Questions" left to settle, Fukuyama feared that people would become  Nietzsche's "Last Man"; not really concerned with any big issues and consumed by mediocrity.  Well, to the folks who were large and in charge, a world of sheep-like consumers with them in the role of the " bermensch" leadership, divorced from Christian concepts of morality, and power being the end in itself, to rule them seemed optimal.  Therefore, allowing all of these radical movements "space to destroy" over relatively trivial issues was actually seen by them as a way to distract the disaffected from major issues by slowly coopting them into the Last Man "Borg" while in the interim using them as a wedge to keep the majority of the Borg distracted from the major issues as well.  Ultimately, the goal was to create a culture based on the "Last Man" worldwide.  As Thomas Friedman put it, "No two countries with McDonalds ever went to war against each other" (which is no longer true, but it briefs well as a corporate bullet point).  Conversely, my man Samuel Huntington predicted a "Clash of Civilizations", where all of the previous ethnic, racial, geographic, and religious divisions would come to the fore and be drivers of major instability; essentially, Huntington was saying that the Cold War was actually a stabilizing influence on geopolitics and that, far from being dead, History would soon start speedballing Coke and Meth and lead to worldwide instability, with new alliances, coalitions, and empires forming to challenge the existing western order creating escalating worldwide instability.  This is not something the International Bright Young Things nor the Emerging Global Establishment wanted to hear.  By trying to coopt the Third World, the western leaders have essentially destabilized the world, and their place in it.  To counteract this, they are trying desperately to hammer the "round peg" of a Fukuyama worldview into the square hole of a Huntington reality, which is accelerating the destabilization.
View Quote

Get both?
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 3:10:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: michigan66] [#4]
Originally Posted By neshomamench:

The Jews that support what happened are very few in number.  They just get lots of airtime.

As has been said in this thread, they are like the Jewish version of the Westboro Baptist Church.

The Jews calling for a ceasefire, that is a larger group but still a minority.  It is made up almost entirely of secular Jews…outside of a Israel.   These Jews also get lots of airtime.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kychas:
“On top of it, people comment how divided the US is.  We do not seem so divided as the Jews, who have factions that appear to support Hamas and what it did in Israel.  That's insane. “

Any red state could be completely destroyed and 10% of the population (left wackos) would cheer
We have are own problems also

The Jews that support what happened are very few in number.  They just get lots of airtime.

As has been said in this thread, they are like the Jewish version of the Westboro Baptist Church.

The Jews calling for a ceasefire, that is a larger group but still a minority.  It is made up almost entirely of secular Jews…outside of a Israel.   These Jews also get lots of airtime.  

I thought they took their Palestinian flags down in Mea Shearim.  

Guess not.Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/17/2023 3:16:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: neshomamench] [#5]
Originally Posted By michigan66:

I thought they took their Palestinian flags in Mea Shearim.  

View Quote

I don’t understand your statement ?
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 3:19:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: guns762] [#6]
North Gaza is going to be secure in a matter of days now from the looks of it.

I suppose than IDF will push into South Gaza and start taking it block by block until they have the entire West Bank under occupation status.  I've observed that they're using a lot of their units that formerly occupied the West Back back in 2005, which I imagine is a sign that those units will return to the security responsibilities once the whole of the West Bank is secure.

As far as the Hosptial having tunnels or not having tunnels, doesn't really matter, because regardless it had to be taken as part of the operation.  

I don't expect this campaign to be too eventful from here on out.  IDF have this well in hand with their serious overmatch.  
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 3:19:57 PM EDT
[#7]

Guess not.https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/501718/IMG_1508_jpeg-3030844.JPG

View Quote

Apparently Israel lacks an adequate number of mental hosptials just like we do.
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 3:23:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: neshomamench] [#8]

Guess not.https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/501718/IMG_1508_jpeg-3030844.JPG

View Quote

Ah, I understand now.

This proves my point.

It is a small faction.

Mea Sherim has around 10000 or so residents. It is a single neighborhood in Jerusalem.

And this is where you see this stuff concentrated.  

Most everyone else, including the millions of other Orthodox, think they are out of their minds. It really is like the Westboro crazies but Jewish.

Link Posted: 11/17/2023 3:34:42 PM EDT
[#9]

View All Quotes

Forgot to put 'down' in originally.  That neighborhood had Palestinian flags hanging over the main street.  A Youtuber who went there a few weeks ago noticed they'd taken them down.
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 3:40:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jack19] [#10]
[Deleted]

This was the Nobel Post.

Deleted by whom and for what? lol

Truth? Without the benefit of conversation?

At least ID yourself.
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 3:45:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: guns762] [#11]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 3:48:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 3:55:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Saltwater-Hillbilly] [#13]
Originally Posted By tortilla-flats:

Get both?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tortilla-flats:

Unfortunately for everyone, the so-called "Masters of the Universe" took the wrong lessons from the fall of the Berlin Wall.  There were essentially two schools of thought on how things would pan out; for simplicities sake (therefore risking gross simplification), the "Fukuyama" school and the "Huntington" school.  Francis Fukuyama wrote the famous essay "The End of History and the Last Man" in which he posited that all of the major historical issues had all been settled by the fall of Communism, that every major question had more-or-less been settled, that the world would be governed by some form of liberal democracy and all of the economics would be capitalistic.  With no "Big Questions" left to settle, Fukuyama feared that people would become  Nietzsche's "Last Man"; not really concerned with any big issues and consumed by mediocrity.  Well, to the folks who were large and in charge, a world of sheep-like consumers with them in the role of the " bermensch" leadership, divorced from Christian concepts of morality, and power being the end in itself, to rule them seemed optimal.  Therefore, allowing all of these radical movements "space to destroy" over relatively trivial issues was actually seen by them as a way to distract the disaffected from major issues by slowly coopting them into the Last Man "Borg" while in the interim using them as a wedge to keep the majority of the Borg distracted from the major issues as well.  Ultimately, the goal was to create a culture based on the "Last Man" worldwide.  As Thomas Friedman put it, "No two countries with McDonalds ever went to war against each other" (which is no longer true, but it briefs well as a corporate bullet point).  Conversely, my man Samuel Huntington predicted a "Clash of Civilizations", where all of the previous ethnic, racial, geographic, and religious divisions would come to the fore and be drivers of major instability; essentially, Huntington was saying that the Cold War was actually a stabilizing influence on geopolitics and that, far from being dead, History would soon start speedballing Coke and Meth and lead to worldwide instability, with new alliances, coalitions, and empires forming to challenge the existing western order creating escalating worldwide instability.  This is not something the International Bright Young Things nor the Emerging Global Establishment wanted to hear.  By trying to coopt the Third World, the western leaders have essentially destabilized the world, and their place in it.  To counteract this, they are trying desperately to hammer the "round peg" of a Fukuyama worldview into the square hole of a Huntington reality, which is accelerating the destabilization.

Get both?

We will have both...for a while.  However, a soft "anarcho-tyranny" with a smiley face will not mobilize masses of westerners to give their fortunes, lives, and sacred honor to defend a bunch of cynical autocratic "experts" whose glaring incompetence becomes increasingly apparent from being consumed by their former "pets".  We are reaping the products of that which we have sown over the last 30 years.  Unfortunately, absent a mass "Road to Damascus" we will keep following the wrong road until most of the current "elites" are removed or deposed, which will probably come after things have devolved so badly that the turd outcomes are too numerous and big to polish with failed academic theories and transparently self-serving justifications.
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 3:59:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jack19] [#14]

Emily Hand, who turns 9 years old on Friday, Nov. 17, is one of 32 children who were taken hostage by Hamas during its Oct. 7 terror attack on Israel. Her father, Thomas, was told early on that she had been killed.

There will be no "Cease Fire."

Link Posted: 11/17/2023 4:02:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By KaerMorhenResident:

View All Quotes

You can be Jewish and anti-Zionist.

Zionism is simply an ideology.
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 4:02:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By BM1455:
View Quote

They need to let the media see that before blowing it up.
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 4:10:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jack19] [#17]
Originally Posted By Billybob2002:

View Quote

No, you can't. While widely held to be different, there is no difference.

Anti Zionist IS Anti Jewish. Self hating Jews are a thing.

It's just obfuscation.

Don't start wars you can't win.

Link Posted: 11/17/2023 4:15:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Ivy league again showing how smart and superior they are:

Link Posted: 11/17/2023 4:18:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BM1455] [#19]

Link Posted: 11/17/2023 4:22:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Not sure what happened in above post...

Link Posted: 11/17/2023 4:25:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 4:25:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Billybob2002] [#22]
Originally Posted By Jack19:

Anti Zionist IS Anti Jewish.
View All Quotes

Anti Zionist IS Anti Jewish.

What about Neturei Karta?

I just noticed your edit. You cannot automatically call somebody self-hating because they don't support an ideology.
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 4:28:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BM1455] [#23]

For some reason I can't post tweets from war mapper on X anymore.  There is a new map for those who want to go look for it.
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 4:36:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By texashomeserver:
View Quote

Given they've been at war with Israel since 1987, Hamas probably has multiple bunkers that are capable of being command posts.
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 4:41:55 PM EDT
[#25]
https://a57.foxnews.com/livenews.foxnews.com/images/2023/11/624/351/a359a2d80d152ffa54f50097e0e96fb1.jpg?tl=1&ve=1

Emily Hand, who turns 9 years old on Friday, Nov. 17, is one of 32 children who were taken hostage by Hamas during its Oct. 7 terror attack on Israel. Her father, Thomas, was told early on that she had been killed.

There will be no "Cease Fire."

View Quote

Destroy Hamas so that Hamas can never return.
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 4:47:33 PM EDT
[#26]

I suppose than IDF will push into South Gaza and start taking it block by block until they have the entire West Bank under occupation status.  I've observed that they're using a lot of their units that formerly occupied the West Back back in 2005, which I imagine is a sign that those units will return to the security responsibilities once the whole of the West Bank is secure.

As far as the Hosptial having tunnels or not having tunnels, doesn't really matter, because regardless it had to be taken as part of the operation.  

I don't expect this campaign to be too eventful from here on out.  IDF have this well in hand with their serious overmatch.  .
View All Quotes

I don't expect this campaign to be too eventful from here on out.  IDF have this well in hand with their serious overmatch.  .

They haven't secured all of the "above ground" of Gaza City yet, much less the underground.  In 2014 they were in Gaza 50 days and everyone agrees they left without finishing the job.  They can't do that again.

I don't expect this campaign to be too eventful from here on out.  IDF have this well in hand with their serious overmatch

If it's uneventful from here on out, it is a sure bet Hamas' offensive war capabilities will not have been seriously degraded.  I'd love nothing better than to be proven wrong, but I've seen the "Mission Accomplished"' overconfident attitude one too many times.
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 5:08:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: josepha1] [#27]
GAZA LIVE : Palestine,GAZA | Multi-cams | Stream#94

Close incoming

Loud noises
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 5:11:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Might be arty firing at the border into Gaza.  There was something that flew up into the air that looked like it may have been a SAM way in there in Northern Gaza.
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 5:22:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 5:34:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brass] [#30]
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 5:48:27 PM EDT
[#31]
‘We’ve met every goal set for Gaza operation, and it’s only the beginning,’ Hanegbi says

National Security Council chairman Tzachi Hanegbi says the IDF is marking three weeks since the launch of its ground incursion in Gaza and is now operating in the heart of Gaza City, striking every target that it wanted.

Thousands of terrorists have been killed including senior members of Hamas’s leadership, Hangebi says. “All of the goals set by the security cabinet have been met, and as the prime minister said, ‘This is only the beginning,'”

We’re determined to reach the end of the battle, and the end of the battle will be the end of Hamas,” he says.

“We will not stop until all of Hamas’s and Palestinian Islamic Jihad’s military and leadership capabilities are eradicated,” Hanegbi adds.

This appears to be one of the first times that the PIJ has been included in such statements regarding Israel’s war aims.

‘We’ve met every goal set for Gaza operation, and it’s only the beginning,’ Hanegbi says
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 5:54:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 5:59:15 PM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

The anti-zionist Hassids believe that only god can establish Israel, so they oppose it being done by men.
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 6:20:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By MikeSSS:
[Deleted]Once again, we are going to discontinue the thread sliding or posts will be removed.  If you want to discuss a different topic, start a new thread
View Quote
Thank you!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 6:44:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By MMD:

National Security Council chairman Tzachi Hanegbi says the IDF is marking three weeks since the launch of its ground incursion in Gaza and is now operating in the heart of Gaza City, striking every target that it wanted.

Thousands of terrorists have been killed including senior members of Hamas’s leadership, Hangebi says. “All of the goals set by the security cabinet have been met, and as the prime minister said, ‘This is only the beginning,'”

We’re determined to reach the end of the battle, and the end of the battle will be the end of Hamas,” he says.

“We will not stop until all of Hamas’s and Palestinian Islamic Jihad’s military and leadership capabilities are eradicated,” Hanegbi adds.

This appears to be one of the first times that the PIJ has been included in such statements regarding Israel’s war aims.

View Quote

I’m rooting for ample beach-side parking!

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/17/2023 6:47:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 6:54:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jack19] [#37]

I just noticed your edit. You cannot automatically call somebody self-hating because they don't support an ideology.
View Quote

Yeah, I can and many do.

Your "Palestinian" anti Zionist friends think so. Hamas uses "Jew" and "Zionist" interchangeably.

The self haters, meh, whatever.
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 7:19:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: michigan66] [#38]
Haaretz: The Munitions U.S. Supplied Israel for Gaza War

Highlights:
An internal Pentagon document revealed by Bloomberg on Wednesday details the requests made by "a senior Israeli leader" in late October. The list includes:

2,000 Hellfire laser-guided missiles
36,000 rounds of 30mm ammunition for Apache gunships
3,000 M141 bunker-buster shoulder fired rockets
400 120mm mortar rounds
200 Switchblade 600 dive-bombing drones
Israel will be given back the two Iron Dome batteries it had sold to the U.S. Army
312 Tamir interceptors to be returned that were sold to US Army
57,000 155mm shells
75 armored Joint Light Tactical Vehicles
5,000 PVS-14 night vision devices
20,000 M4A1 rifles
View Quote

Article:
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 7:20:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: michigan66] [#39]
Dupe
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 7:30:28 PM EDT
[#40]

Highlights:

Article:
Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

36,000 30mmm rounds for the Apache's doesn't seem like it's neckbearding enough to me.
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 7:33:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: michigan66] [#41]

36,000 30mmm rounds for the Apache's doesn't seem like it's neckbearding enough to me.
View Quote

Based on the headline I was expecting a lot more of everything.
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 7:34:06 PM EDT
[#42]

Awesome!  
View All Quotes

Awesome!  

Link Posted: 11/17/2023 7:42:20 PM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes

The majority of that looks like stuff for a much bigger throw down with Hezbollah.
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 7:45:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By MMD:

View Quote

As I've said from the beginning, Hamas done fucked up big time this time!
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 7:51:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Billybob2002] [#45]

Yeah, I can and many do.

Your "Palestinian" anti Zionist friends think so. Hamas uses "Jew" and "Zionist" interchangeably.

View All Quotes

Yeah, I can and many do.

I never claimed that an anti-Zionist cannot be an antisemitic. Heck there are antisemitic Christian Zionists.

For example, John Hagee, founder of Christian Zionist organization Christians United for Israel, said Hitler was a half breed Jew and other antisemitic shit in the past. Well, your Ambassador to the United Nations, Gilad Erdan, and other Israeli diplomats in October attended an event called Night to Honor Israel hosted by him.

How about that!
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 8:10:00 PM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes

Highlights:

Article:
Click To View Spoiler

lol, and 57,000 155mm rounds is currently about two months of production from US.

Link Posted: 11/17/2023 8:20:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By xd675:

No.

That would be a half measure.

End this.  The only terms must be unconditional surrender.  Anything less drags yet another generation into endless conflict and suffering.

Unconditional surrender is the only humane solution.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By xd675:
Originally Posted By cyclone:
Originally Posted By batjka104:
Body of murdered Israeli hostage Noa Marciano had been found in Shifa Hospital's morgue and taken back to Israel.

She was 19 years old.

There are probably more dead hostages to be found in the coming days.......then they should exact a 10-1 ratio for Hamas and kill everything that raises a finger against them

No.

That would be a half measure.

End this.  The only terms must be unconditional surrender.  Anything less drags yet another generation into endless conflict and suffering.

Unconditional surrender is the only humane solution.
IDF cannot stop until there are 50,000 dead hamas solders. hamas has stated there are 11,000 dead so maybe 20% hamas

Qutar and Iran is another day
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 8:21:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By fike:

The majority of that looks like stuff for a much bigger throw down with Hezbollah.
View Quote

Makes sense.  I think Israel is going after them shortly--they've said they learned from their error of considering intentions instead of capabilities when they developed Oplans for dealing with Hamas.  

Using that logic, there is no way they can leave Hezbollah with 100K rockets.  Currently Israel and Hezbollah have developed certain rules on how they fight each other based on the fact that neither of them wants a repeat of the 34-day Lebanon war that turned out badly for both of them.  I can't see how Israel can continue following the "rules" knowing that when they least expect it Hezbollah might do their own 7 October with deadlier results.
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 8:26:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By CarmelBytheSea:

1990s deja vu
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CarmelBytheSea:

Unfortunately for everyone, the so-called "Masters of the Universe" took the wrong lessons from the fall of the Berlin Wall.  There were essentially two schools of thought on how things would pan out; for simplicities sake (therefore risking gross simplification), the "Fukuyama" school and the "Huntington" school.  Francis Fukuyama wrote the famous essay "The End of History and the Last Man" in which he posited that all of the major historical issues had all been settled by the fall of Communism, that every major question had more-or-less been settled, that the world would be governed by some form of liberal democracy and all of the economics would be capitalistic.  With no "Big Questions" left to settle, Fukuyama feared that people would become  Nietzsche's "Last Man"; not really concerned with any big issues and consumed by mediocrity.  Well, to the folks who were large and in charge, a world of sheep-like consumers with them in the role of the "Übermensch" leadership, divorced from Christian concepts of morality, and power being the end in itself, to rule them.  Therefore, allowing all of these radical movements "space to destroy" over relatively trivial issues was actually seen by them as a way to distract the disaffected from major issues by slowly coopting them into the Last Man "Borg" while in the interim using them as a wedge to keep the majority of the Borg distracted from the major issues as well.  Ultimately, the goal was to create a culture based on the "Last Man" worldwide.  As Thomas Friedman put it, "No two countries with McDonalds ever went to war against each other" (which is no longer true, but it briefs well as a corporate bullet point).  Conversely, my man Samuel Huntington predicted a "Clash of Civilizations", where all of the previous ethnic, racial, geographic, and religious divisions would come to the fore and be drivers of major instability; essentially, Huntington was saying that the Cold War was actually a stabilizing influence on geopolitics and that, far from being dead, History would soon start speedballing Coke and Meth and lead to worldwide instability, with new alliances, coalitions, and empires forming to challenge the existing western order creating escalating worldwide instability.  This is not something the International Bright Young Things nor the Emerging Global Establishment wanted to hear.  By trying to coopt the Third World, the western leaders have essentially destabilized the world, and their place in it.  To counteract this, they are trying desperately to hammer the "round peg" of a Fukuyama worldview into the square peg of a Huntington reality, which is accelerating the destabilization.

1990s deja vu

Pretty much.  Out elites seem to have a love of 1) doubling down on failure, and 2) repeating the mistakes of the past.
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 8:27:56 PM EDT
[#50]
I would love to know the number of bombs dropped on Gaza already.  They have leveled a damn big playing field and show no real signs of slowing down from the noise coming out of my speakers.
Page / 953
Israel currently under attack (Page 803 of 953)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top