BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 54
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 8:52:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

An establishment speaker will never permit any real investigation of the swamp as it will expose them.

There will never be any real accountability for the endless crimes committed by the swamp if an establishment member is speaker.

You will only get words and demands for cash from McCarthy and his ilk.  Poeple forget Romney's son has ties to HUnter's business dealings through Rosemont Seneca.

https://centipedenation.com/first-column/throwback-biden-pelosi-kerry-and-romney-ukraine-corrupt-dealings/
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is not a win for America if we don’t elect a Speaker. Once we have a Speaker, we can start hearings on the Biden family and Mr. 10%. The Democrats spent two years holding hearings to destroy Trump. There is some pretty strong evidence tgat Biden and his fa,ily have violated federal laws. Congress should be investigating this ASAP.

The last thing we need is six years of an unchecked Biden administration.

An establishment speaker will never permit any real investigation of the swamp as it will expose them.

There will never be any real accountability for the endless crimes committed by the swamp if an establishment member is speaker.

You will only get words and demands for cash from McCarthy and his ilk.  Poeple forget Romney's son has ties to HUnter's business dealings through Rosemont Seneca.

https://centipedenation.com/first-column/throwback-biden-pelosi-kerry-and-romney-ukraine-corrupt-dealings/

I would argue that Romney is no longer a Republican. In fact, I am not sure he ever was.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 8:52:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

It is not a win for America if we don’t elect a Speaker. Once we have a Speaker, we can start hearings on the Biden family and Mr. 10%. The Democrats spent two years holding hearings to destroy Trump. There is some pretty strong evidence tgat Biden and his fa,ily have violated federal laws. Congress should be investigating this ASAP.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It’s a win for America that they can’t seat a speaker.

You think Kevin McCarthy or any of the other useless swamp "R's" are going to move forward with hearings on Biden!?

Ahahahahahahaha!!!! Ahahahahaha!!!

Fucking R's are just about as corrupt.

Link Posted: 1/3/2023 8:53:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 8:53:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Trump endorsed McCarthy, MAGA is fully backing the Swamp.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe the democrats cant do that and maintain the illusion of the GOP establishment being a viable counter party.

If the Dems cross over it will clearly highlight the establishment protecting itself and can be used to people waking up to how both sides work together to fuck us.

Today was a disaster for the GOP establishment, and the overall establishment in general.  They dont have many good moves left without either making major concessions to MAGA, or pulling the mask off and identifying themselves as enemy from within.
Trump endorsed McCarthy, MAGA is fully backing the Swamp.

Trump won in 2016 on essentially the Tea Party platform, rebranded as MAGA.  MAGA is not "fully backing the swamp", because MAGA does not belong to Trump.  MAGA is a populist movement of The People.
Trump is throwing one of his patented "wtf is he thinking" curveballs.  Just like "take the guns first" and the bumpstock thing.  There are a number of reasons Trump might endorse McCarthy, others have done a good job pointing out some of them.  

Just my opinion.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 8:54:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I would argue that Romney is no longer a Republican. In fact, I am not sure he ever was.
View Quote

Here's a clue.. NONE of them care about turning the ship around. It's all voting for their best interests in lining their pockets.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 8:54:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

You think Kevin McCarthy or any of the other useless swamp "R's" are going to move forward with hearings on Biden!?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It’s a win for America that they can’t seat a speaker.

I guess we should hope they elect Pelosi. She knew how to f with Trump.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 8:55:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would be interesting.  McCarthy gives deal to (D)'s to push him over the edge since they won't win anyway.  That could create some drama.  McCarty works with (D)s to defeat Jordan headline.

What kind of a Republican would endorse McCarthy anyway?
Trump

Trump is just proving he only attaches his name to someone he thinks will win.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 8:56:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Here's a clue.. NONE of them care about turning the ship around. It's all voting for their best interests in lining their pockets.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess we should all just stay home or maybe vote for the Democrats because they are all the same.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 8:56:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 8:58:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It's almost guaranteed they will fuck it up, it's what they do best.
View Quote

Have you considered they don’t want control because they know the investigations would expose their corruption.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 8:58:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

They don't have to cross the aisle. Nothing can be done until a speaker is elected. How many independent voters will vote Republican when we cannot elect a Speaker. We will be one a party country with the same party controlling both Chicago and the US government. Guess which party that would be?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
For all of you complaining about McCarthy, who do you want to be the Speaker? You have to pick someone who can be elected and is not a Democrat. That is right, you cannot vote for Pelosi. It would be nice if it was someone who wants the job.

Do any of you realize how bad this makes the Republicans look? To put it another way, do you want another two years of total Democratic dictatorship because that is what we will get.

If the Republicans can't come together on him when he is the only one who wants the job who could possibly win explains why nothing can get done. The democrats don't have a problem voting as a block but we haven't learned to look at the big picture. You need to present a united front when dealing with the opposition. Any differences within the party should be resolved in private. If we can't learn this lesson now, we are doomed to failure of our own making.

I'll take any number of members of the house that have been demanding accountability.

I dont care how this makes the Republican party as a whole look.  This is the civil war within the GOP coming to a head.  Pro freedom needs to win or we continue down the road the GOP establishment has lead us for decades.

If the GOP establishment wants to cross the isle and vote in a democrat as speaker I'm good with it.  It marks them clearly as enemy and makes it easier for us to remove them.  Without rooting these people out of the GOP nothing will ever change, they will block it or leave things easily reversed by the next political swing.

They don't have to cross the aisle. Nothing can be done until a speaker is elected. How many independent voters will vote Republican when we cannot elect a Speaker. We will be one a party country with the same party controlling both Chicago and the US government. Guess which party that would be?
You sound "concerned." This shit is inside baseball that will be done by the weekend and won't matter a shit after that.

My choice? I'd like Jordan. That won't happen, so I'd take Scalise. If there is to be a compromise candidate, Scalise will be it.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 8:59:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 8:59:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I guess we should all just stay home or maybe vote for the Democrats because they are all the same.
View Quote

I agree. Keep voting. Its working awesome.

Link Posted: 1/3/2023 8:59:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

That sounds like a great plan, Do you plan on celebrating your victory with a nice hemlock toast.

ETA In case anyone doesn’t know it, Hemlock is a deadly poison. I would not suggest drinking it.
View Quote

It’s better than voting for someone who lies to me.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 9:03:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Most Republicans on Capitol Hill are Democrats.

No Democrats on Capitol Hill are Republicans.

Democrats, and RINOs, are the cause of all of the problems.

People towing "the party line" are blind, complicit or both.

Link Posted: 1/3/2023 9:05:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would be interesting.  McCarthy gives deal to (D)'s to push him over the edge since they won't win anyway.  That could create some drama.  McCarty works with (D)s to defeat Jordan headline.

What kind of a Republican would endorse McCarthy anyway?
Trump

Recently, after he heard there was opposition? How principled...
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 9:06:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Pumping your enemy for information isn't working across the aisle. It is gathering intelligence.
View Quote

That reminded me of this

[youtube]Ssw8Hmgyuxc?t=203[/youtube]
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 9:08:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

My first suggestion would be to tell us who your rep is becuase that might help determine possible solutions.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My rep was just sworn in this morning and I'm not having any luck finding contact info for him online.  Any suggestions?

My first suggestion would be to tell us who your rep is becuase that might help determine possible solutions.  

That would be Alabama 5th Congressional district Representative Dale Strong.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 9:08:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

It's better than voting for someone who lies to me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That sounds like a great plan, Do you plan on celebrating your victory with a nice hemlock toast.

ETA In case anyone doesn't know it, Hemlock is a deadly poison. I would not suggest drinking it.

It's better than voting for someone who lies to me.

Link Posted: 1/3/2023 9:09:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Recently, after he heard there was opposition? How principled...
View Quote

mccarthy shouldn't be surprised. trump is just treating him like the 2A
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 9:09:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 9:11:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

He was and is a RINO. He doesn't need to switch parties, He enjoys the role of Party Crasher.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 9:13:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 9:13:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
McCarthy should step back and endorse Jordan.
View Quote

This here.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 9:15:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Been telling people neither side has any good attributes anymore..And none care for any of us..Only themselves..Not that hard to figure that out if you just observe a little..And stop being blindly lead by either evil side..
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 9:15:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Trump will support whichever way the wind blows. He has a lot of debts being called in. He wants to do another 4, so he has to let it play out. Now is not the time to piss off the party.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 9:17:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
McCarthy should step back and endorse Jordan.
View Quote

Won't, Establishment only supports Establishment.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 9:18:09 PM EDT
[#28]
I say give the speakership to the congressman who has been in congress the longest with the least net wealth.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 9:21:44 PM EDT
[#29]
20 votes for Jordan on the 4th round.

Biggs Republican Arizona
Bishop (NC) Republican North Carolina
Boebert Republican Colorado
Brecheen Republican Oklahoma
Cloud Republican Texas
Clyde Republican Georgia
Crane Republican Arizona
Donalds Republican Florida
Gaetz Republican Florida
Good (VA) Republican Virginia
Gosar Republican Arizona
Harris Republican Maryland
Luna Republican Florida
Miller (IL) Republican Illinois
Norman Republican South Carolina
Ogles Republican Tennessee
Perry Republican Pennsylvania
Rosendale Republican Montana
Roy Republican Texas
Self Republican Texas

My Rep is Wagner from MO-2. I've tweeted, emailed, and called.  Not likely to do much good, I suspect she's entrenched in the establishment.  She's a veteran representative, but my district is newly drawn.  Will have to see.

If your Rep is not in the above list, what are you doing about it?
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 9:22:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

As I understand it, neither one of them wants the job. Am I wrong?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
For all of you complaining about McCarthy, who do you want to be the Speaker? You have to pick someone who can be elected and is not a Democrat. That is right, you cannot vote for Pelosi. It would be nice if it was someone who wants the job.

Do any of you realize how bad this makes the Republicans look? To put it another way, do you want another two years of total Democratic dictatorship because that is what we will get.

If the Republicans can’t come together on him when he is the only one who wants the job who could possibly win explains why nothing can get done. The democrats don’t have a problem voting as a block but we haven’t learned to look at the big picture. You need to present a united front when dealing with the opposition. Any differences within the party should be resolved in private. If we can’t learn this lesson now, we are doomed to failure of our own making.

The problem is nothing will get done with McCarthy as speaker either. He will likely be another John Boehner or Paul Ryan. All that will happen with them is they will block the most radical stuff from being passed by the democrats. Which is important but with the GOP holding the majority of seats that seems likely to be the case regardless who gets the speakership.

I'd prefer Jordan or Scalise.

As I understand it, neither one of them wants the job. Am I wrong?

I am not sure about that. I bet they'd take it if elected.

If not someone better then McCarthy would.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 9:26:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Great commentary from Wade Miller (great staffer/lobbyist). This is a fight against the political establishment that screws gun owners in these omnibus bills and other bipartisan piece of trash they push.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/122381/Screenshot_20230103_183008_jpg-2659543.JPG

And here is Rep. Byron Donaldson of Florida.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/122381/Screenshot_20230103_182924_jpg-2659549.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/122381/Screenshot_20230103_182938_jpg-2659550.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/122381/Screenshot_20230103_182950_jpg-2659551.JPG

He switch his vote to Jordan on the third go around. It appears he is now standing for principle over party and will not support McCarthy.
View Quote

Florida reps are on the mark on this issue.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 9:26:45 PM EDT
[#32]
This is great. Conservatives held their ground, and everyone has been able to identify the conservatives that sold out. The people saying that both parties are the same will be further vindicated if there's some kind of coalition agreement between Democrats and Republicans. Without a speaker, Republicans won't be able to hold useless hearings about Hunter Biden's laptop and distract from the border crisis and everything else. Republican leadership is going to have to compromise with the base or be humiliated.

The slim Republican majority is completely ungovernable (worse than what Boehner had in 2013), so I hope that the votes keep failing and this goes on for at least several weeks. Who knows though, maybe it will end tomorrow.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 9:29:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually Romney is a Republican.

It's what we thought Republicans were that needs to change.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 9:29:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Biggs Republican Arizona
Cloud Republican Texas
Clyde Republican Georgia
Crane Republican Arizona
Gaetz Republican Florida
Gosar Republican Arizona
Luna Republican Florida
Roy Republican Texas
Self Republican Texas

My Rep is Wagner from MO-2. I've tweeted, emailed, and called.  Not likely to do much good, I suspect she's entrenched in the establishment.  She's a veteran representative, but my district is newly drawn.  Will have to see.

View Quote

Mine is on the list.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 9:36:12 PM EDT
[#35]
I recommend KM keeps making empty threats to Congress Critters, and issuing paper thin bluffs that are easily dispelled.

Hey, isn't threatening a member of Congress a felony?
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 9:37:14 PM EDT
[#36]
I didn't read the entire thread but has anyone mentioned that the next speaker of the house could very potentially end up POTUS if FJB keels over and the Whore gets "removed" for "reasons"?

I wonder if this has something to do with the hold outs that won't fall in with the party line ....  things that make you go hmmm
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 9:39:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I didn't read the entire thread but has anyone mentioned that the next speaker of the house could very potentially end up POTUS if FJB keels over and the Whore gets "removed" for "reasons"?

I wonder if this has something to do with the hold outs that won't fall in with the party line ....  things that make you go hmmm
View Quote

That whole Establishment thing again.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 9:42:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Republicans have been ideologically across the board since the Antebellum years.  They've spanned from well to the Left to the far Right.  That has not changed.  The GOP has always been heterogenous.  The Democrats over the years have swung back and forth between ideological diversity and homogeneity as well as from the Right to the Left in terms of where their center lies.  Right now they are trending closer to homogeneity.

Republicans like Romney have been influential in the GOP for the entire post-war era.  The conservative movement managed to push things back to the Right, along with the conversion of Southern Democrats on the Right to Republicans, but the center of the party has only been more than just barely Right-of-Center for fleeting moments.  Even Trump's movement is an amalgamation of groups from the Left and Right (as well as groups that themselves draw their ideology from both sides of the spectrum, like the national populists, who have a lot in common with the Left).

The neoconservative movement's victory at the end of the 1990s is what has given us the present establishment and kept our party close to the Center.  We are still dealing with the legacy of their victory, which culminated in the election of Bush.  One of the movement's founders, Kristol, even said that the goal of the movement was to convert conservatism and the GOP against their collective wills into something more suitable for progressive governance (which is why some of their major figureheads, like Max Boot, so easily switched to the Democrats in the wake of Trump winning the nomination in 2016).
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 9:44:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Mine is on the list.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Biggs Republican Arizona
Cloud Republican Texas
Clyde Republican Georgia
Crane Republican Arizona
Gaetz Republican Florida
Gosar Republican Arizona
Luna Republican Florida
Roy Republican Texas
Self Republican Texas

Mine is on the list.

Mine is a democrat who scissors with Merkowski. There is a moaning sound that occasionally comes over the mountains that people thought were Yeti’s eating a moose, but we know better.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 9:58:02 PM EDT
[#40]
I emailed my Congressman (Cline) for Jordan.  McCarthy will get nothing done, he'll be another Ryan and just block the most radical stuff.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 10:00:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Keep an eye out for him...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well it's Dan Crenshaw, sooo...

Keep an eye out for him...

Eye see what you did there.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 10:01:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Remember when Trump was elected and Republicans controlled 3 branches of govt and got nothing accomplished?  Thank Rinos.  Thank the establishment.  Thank the Swamp.  

IF McCarthy gets the job it'll just be more of the same controlled opposition and we will all get McFucked over on issues that matter while insane sums of tax dollars are just pissed away.

I for one am tired of being McFucked by people who claim to be on my team.
View Quote
[Whispers in your ear @FJB247] Trump endorsed McCarthy for Speakership.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 10:02:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Trump has a known history of throwing wild curveballs.  This is one of them.  It is very possible that Trump's internal polling may have flipped him, and now he wants to play nice with the RINO majority.  My overall point still stands.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is a perfect microcosm of why the Republicans hate Trump.  Those handful of Reps who voted for Jordan know that McCarthy is a swamp creature and refuse to go along with a party that sells us out to the Leftist agenda at every turn for 30 shekels every time.  Trump was exactly the same thing to them.  Going back to the Obama years.........so was the Tea Party.

Every time the national government takes a collective corrupt turn to the Left, an empowered and principled right wing sect comes to power among the grass roots Republicans in response.

Every time that small contingent of principled right wingers raise their heads and their hands, the Judases of the GOP work with the Democrats to crush them.

And every time, the establishment has to get more and more openly blatant in their cheating to win subsequent elections.

Something has to give because while you can crush the electorate, you can't crush their desire for freedom, fairness, and self determination.  It's going to boil down to all those Fed LE folks who swore an allegiance to the Constitution.  Do they finally start cracking down on the cheating corrupt politicians, or the right wing grassroots citizenry and the Reps they occasionally manage to get put into office?
Ummmm.... Trump endorsed McCarthy for Speakership.

Trump has a known history of throwing wild curveballs.  This is one of them.  It is very possible that Trump's internal polling may have flipped him, and now he wants to play nice with the RINO majority.  My overall point still stands.
So, Trump has no spine and folded like a cheap suit to the RINOs.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 10:05:57 PM EDT
[#44]
MTG for Speaker of the House ... and tomorrow all the Marxist Bullshit in the House of Representatives comes to a screeching halt.

McCarthy =
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 10:07:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Over the years I've gotten the impression that he'd rather be seen as endorsing someone that appears likely to win rather than a better person that is likely to lose.  It's one of the flaws of the human ego.

ETA I'd bet the house that his endorsement has nothing to do with any love for McCarthy,  it's more about him being seen as picking a winner.  That and McCarthy probably blew a bunch of smoke up Trump's ass about what he would or wouldn't do as speaker.
View Quote

Very much agree. Trumps biggest flaw. He will not support an underdog.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 10:09:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Hannity is on full offense for McCarthy. I guess Paul Ryan has sent the email.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 10:11:40 PM EDT
[#47]
The next speaker of the house being installed ....

Link Posted: 1/3/2023 10:14:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Swamp will get their man. By that I mean ANYONE that is selected will be swamp in short order
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 10:23:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is not a win for America if we don't elect a Speaker. Once we have a Speaker, we can start hearings on the Biden family and Mr. 10%. The Democrats spent two years holding hearings to destroy Trump. There is some pretty strong evidence tgat Biden and his fa,ily have violated federal laws. Congress should be investigating this ASAP.

Almost every Republican is a Democrat. Almost Every Democrat is a Socialist/Communist.

We need a real 3rd Party.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 10:25:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 54
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top