Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 10:24:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Colorado is shall issue, doesn't give a shit about mag restrictions outside of Denver, and had reciprocity with any state which recognizes our CCWs including yours.  We are a fairly liberal state yes, but our gun laws are pretty damn good still
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:  With my California, New Hampshire, Utah & Arizona permits, plus constitutional carry, there are very few places I cannot legally carry.  LEOSA does not exempt you from California’s mag capacity restrictions BTW.

NY, communist New England, & Colorado I believe, as well as all the islands.  You get California b/c you live in a conservative county.  As a non-resident, I can't get a California permit, theoretically I could get a non-resident NY permit, but not for NYC.

I need to pick up a N Dakota permit, that would give me Washington & Minnesota, I think, that I don't have w/ my Texas permit.  For awhile, an ARFCOMer ran a US map that you could enter the permits you had & it would show you where you could & couldn't go.  I had fun adding repeated non-resident permits (that I don't have) and eventually you'd overrun the buffers & the whole map would turn green, lol.  There are a couple of decent similar maps out there.

I don't particularly want to travel all over the US regularly, but it would be nice to hold most of my Constitutional birthright in my hands.  It's frustrating that Americans have to go about unarmed in their own country.

Colorado is shall issue, doesn't give a shit about mag restrictions outside of Denver, and had reciprocity with any state which recognizes our CCWs including yours.  We are a fairly liberal state yes, but our gun laws are pretty damn good still

I was talking about where he couldn't carry.  He's a lucky Californian, lives in a county where he can get a carry permit.  But California recognizes no other states' permits, so Colorado doesn't recognize theirs.  Colorado recognizes no non-resident permits, so none of his out of California permits will work, and Colorado doesn't issue non-resident permits.  Upshot is Californians can't carry in Colorado w/o LEOSA, or they have to buy or rent property outside California to become a resident in another state.  New Yorkers also can't carry in Colorado.

Amusingly, Mexicans w/ enough bribe money can get carry permits, as can permanent residents.  They can only legally carry .38 Specials or .380s, though .327 Magnum & .30 Super Carry may become the new hot legal rounds down south.
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 10:49:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

What about multiple troll accounts on Arfcom
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Serious question, and not trying to be an ass or call you out. Hell, I'm not even sure if we have any New Mexico L.E. here, so not trying to White Knight for them.

But, you put a lot of work and hours into getting a Law Degree and passing the BAR, and then putting in the work doing the job for years. I assume that since you moved you are going to Motion the Utah BAR for Reciprocity?

Would you be ok if a rich celebrity (I know you are the real celebrity, but go with me here) went to the Utah (or NY) and bought themselves a Law Degree without ever stepping foot in Law school, paid to pass and not even take the BAR, and bought themselves a Law License (forgive me if I have the steps and/or terminology wrong)? Would you just be good for them they fucked the system?

If so, where does that end?

Stolen Valor in a Army Surplus bought uniform to get free pancakes at IHOP? Fuck the system.

Printing up a fake Handicap Placard to park closer to the store? Fuck the system.

Collecting Welfare when really an able bodied person that could work but is lazy? Fuck the system.

By the way how much can I pay Site Staff here to be made a Moderator? I want to carry a timeout button. Fuck this system.

ETA: I know I have to send pics instead money for favors here......

So you think the 2nd amendment is something you should have to have do all the above for?

Everyone should be able to carry nationwide.

Using gun industry or military connections to impersonate being a police officer is shady as fuck.

Both are true.

What about multiple troll accounts on Arfcom

There used to be a guy taking care of those
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 10:54:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Real question, not trying to fling arguments your way, but do you have knowledge of the “education” levels and the kind of responsibility a lot of those names on that list have had in their adjacent careers?
Whether you think they should’ve gotten a volunteer badge or not — valid opinion open to polite discussion. But blanket-calling some of those heroes “douchebags” really blows by the combined hundreds of years of service and some grueling physical and personal sacrifices they’ve given to the USA.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So many douchebags….. they want all of the privledges but none of the responsibilities or education.

Real question, not trying to fling arguments your way, but do you have knowledge of the “education” levels and the kind of responsibility a lot of those names on that list have had in their adjacent careers?
Whether you think they should’ve gotten a volunteer badge or not — valid opinion open to polite discussion. But blanket-calling some of those heroes “douchebags” really blows by the combined hundreds of years of service and some grueling physical and personal sacrifices they’ve given to the USA.

They were in a conspiracy with a corrupt police chief to impersonate law enforcement. That they did so in order to carry guns nationwide doesn’t make it any less shady.
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 10:59:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Its okay, he's a former Tier One dude. Many on here have given him a pass since he's a vet bro trying to fight off those demons with a booze bottle daily. Its okay to be a fake cop and shoot somebody as long as you can get on a podcast and wow the crowd after your court hearing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Didn't someone use the badge, a gun, and holster leather on the cover of their catalog ?

One of the "deputies".

https://kval.com/news/local/police-take-man-into-custody-for-unintentionally-shooting-another-person
Its okay, he's a former Tier One dude. Many on here have given him a pass since he's a vet bro trying to fight off those demons with a booze bottle daily. Its okay to be a fake cop and shoot somebody as long as you can get on a podcast and wow the crowd after your court hearing.

Hero worship is real
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 11:37:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If you're the Kel I think you are, we've met.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
If you're the Kel I think you are, we've met.

Aloha, sir! Always good to hear from the old LF crew!

Quoted:
Nobody said they weren't well trained

There were people in this thread saying exactly that. I just was pointing out that this assumption was far from true.

Quoted: but the problem with that part of your argument is that they weren't using those skills to better Lake Arthur so mentioning their skills is silly.

However, that’s also an assumption or guess that is simply not correct.

Quoted:
It's been way too long so I don't remember the details of the whole ordeal but I thought most of it was the chief wanting to rub elbows with dudes he thought were cool.

I do remember the details and there was a lot more to the story than what a journalist with a political angle wrote about the program.

Summary: Not defending anyone, not kissing any war-hero butt, not saying police work doesn’t require its own training, experience, and professionalism. I’m just making an appeal for politeness towards the volunteers - this thread is full of flat-out assumptions on the people’s character, their motivations for volunteering, as well as displayed ignorance of what was done for the community there.
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 11:51:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

They were posting badge pics in major gun rags. So, no.
View Quote

Seems that the spotlight on the program wasn't all that bright until the 'Robert Mercer bodyguards' story came to light.
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 12:00:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Seems that the spotlight on the program wasn't all that bright until the 'Robert Mercer bodyguards' story came to light.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They were posting badge pics in major gun rags. So, no.

It all fell apart when a drunk who did not live in NM, yet was somehow a reserve cop there, negligently shot a family member in another state.

Link Posted: 4/16/2022 10:16:47 PM EDT
[#8]
View Quote

Did you even read the article?  It discounts your entire statement.  If you read it you would see most departments require at least an associates and many require a bachelors for entry level.  Moving on to specialities or up the ranks will often require a masters and a shit ton of professional education.

This isn’t about length of time or educational requirements.  It’s about faking a certification.

However, by your logic, a lawyer goes to school longer than a 737 airline pilot, so it’s ok for him to fake a pilots license.

Or, a medical doctor goes to school longer than a lawyer, so a doctor can fake a bar certification.

Brilliant.
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 10:44:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I think calling them badge bunnies may not be correct.  More likely they wanted the perceived ability to carry (almost) anywhere.
View Quote

LEOSA because only blue lives matter.
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 10:47:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I was talking about where he couldn't carry.  He's a lucky Californian, lives in a county where he can get a carry permit.  But California recognizes no other states' permits, so Colorado doesn't recognize theirs.  Colorado recognizes no non-resident permits, so none of his out of California permits will work, and Colorado doesn't issue non-resident permits.  Upshot is Californians can't carry in Colorado w/o LEOSA, or they have to buy or rent property outside California to become a resident in another state.  New Yorkers also can't carry in Colorado.

Amusingly, Mexicans w/ enough bribe money can get carry permits, as can permanent residents.  They can only legally carry .38 Specials or .380s, though .327 Magnum & .30 Super Carry may become the new hot legal rounds down south.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:  With my California, New Hampshire, Utah & Arizona permits, plus constitutional carry, there are very few places I cannot legally carry.  LEOSA does not exempt you from California’s mag capacity restrictions BTW.

NY, communist New England, & Colorado I believe, as well as all the islands.  You get California b/c you live in a conservative county.  As a non-resident, I can't get a California permit, theoretically I could get a non-resident NY permit, but not for NYC.

I need to pick up a N Dakota permit, that would give me Washington & Minnesota, I think, that I don't have w/ my Texas permit.  For awhile, an ARFCOMer ran a US map that you could enter the permits you had & it would show you where you could & couldn't go.  I had fun adding repeated non-resident permits (that I don't have) and eventually you'd overrun the buffers & the whole map would turn green, lol.  There are a couple of decent similar maps out there.

I don't particularly want to travel all over the US regularly, but it would be nice to hold most of my Constitutional birthright in my hands.  It's frustrating that Americans have to go about unarmed in their own country.

Gotcha. That said, I can only speak for myself and I treat a CCW as a CCW regardless of reciprocity
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 10:48:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
At the end of the day, they were not real cops and could not legally carry under LEOSA.

Hell, they couldn't legally carry in NM.
View Quote
Do you think the cred holders knew this?

Imagine getting a text while in NY armed that your creds are worth shit cause the scheme got blown up.

I was at a pistol class once where an out of stater was informed you needed a permit to merely possess a pistol in NY. I'll never forget the "oh fuck" look on his face.
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 11:06:28 PM EDT
[#12]
The most disturbing thing about these threads is the pearl clutching, when every freedom loving citizen supporting police department should be finding any excuse under the sun to hand out LEOSA creds as a “fuck you” to fed overreach and anti-freedom laws in other states.

You’d think out supposed freedom loving members would be all about it. But… nope.
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 11:14:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 11:33:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Bama-Shooter:
They knew exactly what they were doing. Every one of them.
View Quote

And you know all of the volunteers personally so you can authoritatively and accurately make that claim?

Link Posted: 4/16/2022 11:36:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
They were not legit cred holders.
It's why they did it.
The vast majority could have got legit a reserve position in their home states. If they went through their states POST.
View Quote
I don't get it. Wasn't the point to get LEOSA benefits?

So say I have "creds" from this agency. I get in a shooting or something. I get investigated and it comes to light I'm not covered by LEOSA. I'm fucked.
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 11:46:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Why hasn't OP posted since the start of thread?
Could it be he has on a different account
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 12:36:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:  I don't get it. Wasn't the point to get LEOSA benefits?

So say I have "creds" from this agency. I get in a shooting or something. I get investigated and it comes to light I'm not covered by LEOSA. I'm fucked.
View Quote

But you're not dead.  Whereas, if you'd been caught w/ a gun in many jurisdictions w/o an apparent LEOSA cred, you'd've been fucked before someone tried to mug you.
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 7:31:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

It's why they did it.

The vast majority could have got legit a reserve position in their home states. If they went through their states POST.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
At the end of the day, they were not real cops and could not legally carry under LEOSA.

Hell, they couldn't legally carry in NM.
Do you think the cred holders knew this?

Imagine getting a text while in NY armed that your creds are worth shit cause the scheme got blown up.

I was at a pistol class once where an out of stater was informed you needed a permit to merely possess a pistol in NY. I'll never forget the "oh fuck" look on his face.

It's why they did it.

Link Posted: 4/17/2022 7:32:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

If you think that’s true report it to site staff. They have ways of checking that out
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 8:51:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

If you think that’s true report it to site staff. They have ways of checking that out
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup. @jon101st hit the hall monitor button.
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 8:59:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The most disturbing thing about these threads is the pearl clutching, when every freedom loving citizen supporting police department should be finding any excuse under the sun to hand out LEOSA creds as a “fuck you” to fed overreach and anti-freedom laws in other states.

You’d think out supposed freedom loving members would be all about it. But… nope.
View Quote

Agreed
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 9:14:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

"Honorary" or "special" credentials will often not include the statement that a full time or fully credentialed officer (like a reserve in my state) carry indicating the bearer is authorized to carry a firearm and has the certified authorty to make arrests as outlined or defined in (insert state law defining what a sworn police officer is)
View Quote

Exactly, Honorary does not equal Reserve or Intermittent status in states I’m familiar with.

Reserve should have academy training and certification, as well as periodic training updates, FTO sign offs etc. They meet (and keep up) sworn LE status. I’ve seen depts where the reserve (some places call them specials and that gets confusing) are former retired officers from that or neighboring departments. They work a shift here or there, or special details / large events, etc.

The honorary badges convey no legal authority or arrest powers. I’d liken them to honorary PhDs that colleges give out willy nilly.
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 9:18:08 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:  The most disturbing thing about these threads is the pearl clutching, when every freedom loving citizen supporting police department should be finding any excuse under the sun to hand out LEOSA creds as a “fuck you” to fed overreach and anti-freedom laws in other states.

View Quote

Say a state effectively deputizes its adult population & issues all their non-felon adults LEOSA creds.  LEOSA would be rewritten in about .87 seconds to exclude those folks.
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 9:35:00 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

I've paid for training from Chuck. He's incredibly open about the wake up call that incident was, and how badly he'd slipped down the path of addiction. He sought help, got treatment, and to my understanding, has been sober since that incident. He obviously made mistakes, but it seems kind of low to bash a guy who's owned his fuck ups and turned his life around, not to mention kicked his drinking habit.
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 11:03:43 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:  I've paid for training from Chuck. He's incredibly open about the wake up call that incident was, and how badly he'd slipped down the path of addiction. He sought help, got treatment, and to my understanding, has been sober since that incident. He obviously made mistakes, but it seems kind of low to bash a guy who's owned his fuck ups and turned his life around, not to mention kicked his drinking habit.
View Quote

This is GD!  Once you fuck up, you're dead to us forever, unless you're Wilson Combat, Benchmade, or Springfield.  Only they have redeemed themselves.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 11:07:30 AM EDT
[#26]
I'll buy one.

Link Posted: 4/17/2022 12:02:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

This is GD!  Once you fuck up, you're dead to us forever, unless you're Wilson Combat, Benchmade, or Springfield.  Only they have redeemed themselves.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  I've paid for training from Chuck. He's incredibly open about the wake up call that incident was, and how badly he'd slipped down the path of addiction. He sought help, got treatment, and to my understanding, has been sober since that incident. He obviously made mistakes, but it seems kind of low to bash a guy who's owned his fuck ups and turned his life around, not to mention kicked his drinking habit.

Not one word there about impersonating a police officer for personal gain.
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 12:29:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is it impersonating a police officer if an agency is willing to send you out on patrol as a working police officer?  Walking into a Wendy's and flashing your CCW badge to get the discount - that's impersonating a police officer.  Taking the offer of LEOSA creds and actually patrolling the town a few times a year, that's an agency taking a huge risk w/ undertrained cops.

I don't think the thin blue line quite understand how much the rest of us envy your LEOSA privilege, and how much you are resented for it.  I could become a reserve officer - 6 months of full time training @ my local community college, then a good bit of street work to get past my apprenticeship.  I don't have that kind of time, and that much training shouldn't be needed for me to carry a handgun in California or NY, not to mention the continuing reserve commitment.  I don't need to know how to respond to calls, kick in doors, or wrestle suspects to the ground & cuff them to understand the laws on lethal force in the state I happen to be in, and to actually shoot a mugger, rapist, burglar, carjacker, or murderer in the act.

So good on our fellow ARFCOMers for finding temporary LEOSA creds, and I hope the free states can come up w/ some limited Reservist police category that satisfies the Federal LEOSA requirements that doesn't take 3-9 months of full-time training.
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 12:51:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
But you're not dead.  Whereas, if you'd been caught w/ a gun in many jurisdictions w/o an apparent LEOSA cred, you'd've been fucked before someone tried to mug you.
View Quote
So they'd pass a cursory check? Like a traffic stop?
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 1:41:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 2:03:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
So they'd pass a cursory check? Like a traffic stop?
View Quote

Sure.  Is a NYC officer even going to know where New Mexico is?  Some years the IRS doesn't.
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 2:24:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

A person is either qualified or they are not. Most of those who did the "pay to play" scheme could have joined a reserve program in their state and got POST certified.

They were not even legal in NM.

Want LEOSA? Get the proper creds.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A person is either qualified or they are not. Most of those who did the "pay to play" scheme could have joined a reserve program in their state and got POST certified.

I think the defenders of the police impersonators don’t realize how much fraud and corruption was in this scam. Including but not limited to drug trafficking and sex crimes with minors.

Or they are blinded by hero worship.
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 2:57:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I think the defenders of the police impersonators don’t realize how much fraud and corruption was in this scam. Including but not limited to drug trafficking and sex crimes with minors.

View Quote

So like a regular police department?  We just had a trained, certified detective busted for running stash houses, lol.
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 3:06:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

So like a regular police department?  We just had a trained, certified detective busted for running stash houses, lol.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lock him up.

How does that justify fraud and impersonation?https://www.krqe.com/news/playing-cop-the-lake-arthur-badge-scheme-2/amp/
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 3:06:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

As opposed to credential worship?
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 3:26:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Lock him up.

How does that justify fraud and impersonation?https://www.krqe.com/news/playing-cop-the-lake-arthur-badge-scheme-2/amp/
View Quote

It's not fraud and impersonation on the reserve officer's part if they're actually pulling shifts in town as some of those officers did.  It may be an utter failure of that Dept's training & certification program which would be a matter for the state dept certifying agency.

Given two of my local Dept's have actually murdered people in their own homes, I don't see the Lake Arthur scheme as a particular threat to the public - I'm more worried about the certified Drug Warriors that might shoot me in my own house.
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 3:32:15 PM EDT
[#37]
"At the end of the day, they were not real cops and could not legally carry under LEOSA.

Hell, they couldn't legally carry in NM."

I'm waiting on the dentist to jump in and lie about them serving on a mysterious Federal task force again.
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 4:00:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Examples? Source? That's a big claim on the surface.
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 4:13:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 4:59:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

It's not fraud and impersonation on the reserve officer's part if they're actually pulling shifts in town as some of those officers did.  It may be an utter failure of that Dept's training & certification program which would be a matter for the state dept certifying agency.

Given two of my local Dept's have actually murdered people in their own homes, I don't see the Lake Arthur scheme as a particular threat to the public - I'm more worried about the certified Drug Warriors that might shoot me in my own house.
View Quote

You also miss the point and call them something that they weren't, "reserve officers".  

As for "drug warriors" shotting people in their homes, Lake Arthur has you covered:

"Even though Texan Allan Brooks is not a certified police officer, he used his Lake Arthur credentials to take part in a 2015 drug task force raid in Artesia. While trying to serve a warrant the suspect in the case was shot and killed. According to State Police investigators, Brooks was one of three who fired his weapon. Brooks was not charged."

Oh and bad apples and all that...
"When ex-Navy Seal James Dennis “JD” Smith was charged with drug smuggling by the DEA in North Carolina last year, he carried Lake Arthur police credentials. Smith was indicted on the charges and will face a jury trial later this month. Lake Arthur’s Mayor admits Smith was a Reserve Officer and says his Commission was revoked after his arrest."

https://www.krqe.com/news/playing-cop-the-lake-arthur-badge-scheme-2/
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 6:08:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

You also miss the point and call them something that they weren't, "reserve officers".  

As for "drug warriors" shotting people in their homes, Lake Arthur has you covered:

"Even though Texan Allan Brooks is not a certified police officer, he used his Lake Arthur credentials to take part in a 2015 drug task force raid in Artesia. While trying to serve a warrant the suspect in the case was shot and killed. According to State Police investigators, Brooks was one of three who fired his weapon. Brooks was not charged."

"When ex-Navy Seal James Dennis “JD” Smith was charged with drug smuggling by the DEA in North Carolina last year, he carried Lake Arthur police credentials. Smith was indicted on the charges and will face a jury trial later this month. Lake Arthur’s Mayor admits Smith was a Reserve Officer and says his Commission was revoked after his arrest."

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  It's not fraud and impersonation on the reserve officer's part if they're actually pulling shifts in town as some of those officers did.  It may be an utter failure of that Dept's training & certification program which would be a matter for the state dept certifying agency.

So, they're just like any other department then?  The Mayor himself calls them Reserve officers.
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 6:14:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

They were not legal by NM POST standards. They were not legit. They were frauds and impersonators.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  It's not fraud and impersonation on the reserve officer's part if they're actually pulling shifts in town as some of those officers did.  It may be an utter failure of that Dept's training & certification program which would be a matter for the state dept certifying agency.

They were not legal by NM POST standards. They were not legit. They were frauds and impersonators.

Agreed they weren't legal by state standards, & the town failed at certifying their officers.  That doesn't make an individual reservist a fraud or an impersonator if he was told he was a legit officer, given a badge, and met the reserve duties of the program as it was outlined to him.  At least some of the reservists did patrols in the town.

The town/police department was running an illegal scheme for cash - that in itself may be a fraud, that doesn't make all the reservists frauds or impersonators.  You have to demonstrate the individual officer knew that state laws were being violated - I certainly pay no attention to how other states certify their peace officers and I can certainly see some town figuring out some deputization scheme to raise money & gain manpower.  NM has always seemed a bit backwards to me, how did the individual officers know it wasn't legal?
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 6:43:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

So, they're just like any other department then?  The Mayor himself calls them Reserve officers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The mayor was fooled by a con man
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 6:58:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Harry Lee, the old Sheriff of Jefferson Parish Louisiana was a regular at a restaurant I ran in Metairie back in the late 90s.  I was also hunting buddies with some guys on the Jefferson Parish SWAT team.  There was a string of robberies going on in the area and one day one of the SWAT guys brought me a badge and card and told me I was now a Reserve Deputy and I should carry at all times.  

I think this was before you could get a statewide CWP, could be wrong.

Link Posted: 4/17/2022 7:05:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Harry Lee, the old Sheriff of Jefferson Parish Louisiana was a regular at a restaurant I ran in Metairie back in the late 90s.  I was also hunting buddies with some guys on the Jefferson Parish SWAT team.  There was a string of robberies going on in the area and one day one of the SWAT guys brought me a badge and card and told me I was now a Reserve Deputy and I should carry at all times.  

View Quote

I remember hearing stories about Lee all the way over here in Florida. That guy was a legend!
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 7:06:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
This oughta bring the LaRue haters out of the woodwork.
View Quote

This is what I imagine when they play wannabe, lol

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/17/2022 7:08:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:  Harry Lee, the old Sheriff of Jefferson Parish Louisiana was a regular at a restaurant I ran in Metairie back in the late 90s.  I was also hunting buddies with some guys on the Jefferson Parish SWAT team.  There was a string of robberies going on in the area and one day one of the SWAT guys brought me a badge and card and told me I was now a Reserve Deputy and I should carry at all times.  

View Quote

You're a fraud & an impersonator!  
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 7:14:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

No training!?!?!

Link Posted: 4/17/2022 7:18:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  Harry Lee, the old Sheriff of Jefferson Parish Louisiana was a regular at a restaurant I ran in Metairie back in the late 90s.  I was also hunting buddies with some guys on the Jefferson Parish SWAT team.  There was a string of robberies going on in the area and one day one of the SWAT guys brought me a badge and card and told me I was now a Reserve Deputy and I should carry at all times.  

What do the laws of the state of Louisiana Sheriffs have to do with “reserve officers” in New Mexico?

Norwood proposed forming a Lake Arthur posse of sorts, a group of volunteers called Reserve Officers who could help keep the village safe. Because reservists are not certified police officers, under New Mexico law they do not have law enforcement powers to act on their own and they cannot make arrests.

Link Posted: 4/17/2022 7:23:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

What do the laws of the state of Louisiana Sheriffs have to do with “reserve officers” in New Mexico?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In Louisiana do you get the goat leggings w/o having completed the prerequisite training hours?  if so he's GTG
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top