Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 1:22:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Holy shit, I know you've only been here a couple years, but have you missed my numerous posts about how republicans have been instrumental in passing every gun control law we currently have?

Do I really need to post again the congressional votes by republicans that put gun laws on the various presidents' desks?

At this point, it should be a tacked thread, because I get so sick of posting it for those of you who are too ignorant or lazy to research it yourself.

NFA, GCA, NICS, AWB would NEVER have made it to the president's desk without republican congressinal votes. That's a fact. Check it.
View Quote

So you agree with me that not all republicans are pro gun then...
My point to OP against going straight ticket, not all Rs are Pro2A.
Nor are conservative in nature, to defend what is current/traditional, averse to change/progression.
That We have to do more on our part and that includes doing homework on who's running for election/re-election? Attend rallys? Stop hiding behind Muh jobz and familyz?
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 1:27:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Or, you know, get elected to office and actually work on making the laws, rather than yelling at other people to do it.
View Quote
Buy my hats to fund my campaign and I will.
Attachment Attached File

Think Trump is bad on Twitter?
I'll make him look like an amatuer.

Fuck. I'm not old enough to run for president. Welp. That blows.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 1:29:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
To be fair, it's a logical choice for people who cannot see past the next election. Given facts like US retirement savings rates, can you really demand low time preference from our population?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why would any sane person promise to do that? It completely removes any power that they might have had.
To be fair, it's a logical choice for people who cannot see past the next election. Given facts like US retirement savings rates, can you really demand low time preference from our population?
That is a very astute way to sum up our current situation and team politics.
Unfortunately it will be ignored/derided by those who are more concerned with their team winning, than their rights being honored.
Before some of you guys call me a never Trumper, I left the republican party the day after I voted in my states primary for governor, but they nominated a "Republican" who ran on banning "assault weapons".  Sorry, but I will never vote for anyone who says they want to take my rights away.
I voted lesser of evils in my youth, but eventually saw that the lesser evil just got more evil every election. The longer you fall into that trap, the more evil the candidates you support become.
If you keep voting for people who work to deprive you of your rights, how do you expect to keep, or even advance, your rights?

Edited to add: OP, were you in VA on 1/20/20?  I was, and drove 7.5 hours to be there with a passenger van full of like minded people.  I guess you did your part when you voted for "republicans" who passed red flag laws, and took the RKBA away from those under 21.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 2:28:00 AM EDT
[#4]
I remember when everyone on this site called me a piece of shit for not supporting McCain.  And now look at how he is viewed.  Even though I held my nose and voted for him, I hated it.

I also remember when everyone on this site called me a piece of shit for not supporting Romney.  And now look at how he is viewed.  I decided to not hold my nose and didn't vote for him.

Then along comes Trump.  And most of the same people are treating me the same way.  And at this point, they scream it louder.

It's amazing to me that a Republican can tell congress to not repeal Obamacare, and Republicans cheer.  It's amazing to me that a Republican can push gun control, and Republicans cheer.

Being on the ground here in VA and being involved has made me realize that the people do not understand freedom, and that people fear it.  And that the fear lives on both the R and D side of the aisle.  Mix that in with how ridiculously tribal people have become, and you have our country.

For example, in some of the VA gun groups, people called Governor Northam a TYRANT who doesn't care about the safety of children for wanting to get rid of mandatory annual automotive safety inspections.  In this scenario, Republicans immediately pulled out all of the anti-gun tactics.  "Blood will flow in the streets", "HE DOESN'T CARE ABOUT CHILDREN", posting pictures of cars in poor condition and saying "This will be the future of VA and we're all going to die".

Someone earlier in the thread said that "Never Trumpers only show up in groups".  Let me assure this person, that there's no more lonely person in a political conversation than a person who consistently wants government to be smaller.

Everyone pushing big government for generations is what made VA get swallowed up by DC.  That includes Trump.

And I might actually vote for him this time around because he's actually been more conservative than I thought he would be.  But it was a low bar to begin with.  However, I still think he's a piece of shit and a symptom of all of our failures as a country.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 2:41:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
How does someone become so arrogant that they can piss their vote away because of ideals ...
View Quote
Isn't the whole idea of voting to vote based upon your ideals/principals?

What are you advocating?  Voting based on team, race, party, gender, income, social justice?
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 4:40:31 AM EDT
[#6]
It was a bad move.  Not a deal-breaker for me personally, but it was another bow to allowing ATF "legal interpretation".

I still wish they would be held to account for (among numerous other things) F&F.  But they just keep getting a pass.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 4:49:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Calling everyone who can clearly see that trump sucks on guns never trumpers  is no better than the commies calling us all nazis or all whites racist.
It’s a pussy move for someone who can’t win the argument or face facts.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 5:42:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 5:52:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
22 democrats in Virginia ran unopposed and the OP blames nevertrumpers. WTF am I missing ?
View Quote
There’s a loud and shrill group in GD who have an unhealthy psychological fixation on people who don’t worship their leader causing them to post all manner of retarded shit?
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 9:16:12 AM EDT
[#10]
The NTs who refuse to vote for the lesser of two evils are still affected by the laws that the greater evil will pass when they are elected because the NTs stayed home.

Good job, geniuses!
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 9:20:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
NY is full of these anti gun "conservatives" We have a guy who runs one of the NY 2a groups who supports banning 80% receivers. Bumpstocks/80%/AKs "aren't the hill to die on"  They'll back an 80% lower ban when Trump pushes it and keep up the "sorry your girl lost" song
View Quote
And he sits on the NRA board. The best is looking at archived threads here and seeing "Tom King for NRA Board" sig lines.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 9:21:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
NY is full of these anti gun "conservatives" We have a guy who runs one of the NY 2a groups who supports banning 80% receivers. Bumpstocks/80%/AKs "aren't the hill to die on"  They'll back an 80% lower ban when Trump pushes it and keep up the "sorry your girl lost" song
View Quote
And they shit bricks when they move here and find out about shall issue and no registering pistols to the back of a concealed carry permit...
YOU MEAN, ANYONE CAN GET A CONCEALED CARRY PERMIT AND THE PISTOLS AREN'T REGISTERED!?
Why that's insane...
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 9:21:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 9:24:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The former "leader" of the MTGOP voted for Hillary in 2016 and supports Katshit for 2020.

Fucking nevertrumpers should form their own Whig party.

Going to call them out at a MTGOP event tomorrow.
View Quote
He must be one of those open borders idiots.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 9:40:23 AM EDT
[#15]
My dad—a dancing with the stars conservative, even he would probably knock your teeth out if you said you weren’t voting for GE.

Even he, the man who looks at NFL stats all day long has woken up to the Dems and NT shit.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 9:42:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The Dems voted in higher numbers than the Republicans.
I don't blame that on NeverTrumpers.
View Quote
No, Virginia was recently gerrymandered by the Dems.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 9:45:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
My dad—a dancing with the stars conservative, even he would probably knock your teeth out if you said you weren’t voting for GE.

Even he, the man who looks at NFL stats all day long has woken up to the Dems and NT shit.
View Quote
Whoa you mean you agree with me that the only way to get people to actually care and get off the couch is to have a dem in charge.

How many times did your dad call President Trump to thank him for banning bump stocks/calling Rick Scott and congratulating him on his law?
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 9:45:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 9:46:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 9:47:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Whoa you mean you agree with me that the only way to get people to actually care and get off the couch is to have a dem in charge.

How many times did your dad call President Trump to thank him for banning bump stocks/calling Rick Scott and congratulating him on his law?
View Quote
Who are you rooting for this time.....Bernie, Buttplug or Little Mikey?
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 9:48:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 9:50:51 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
Beyond hoping that it isn’t Bloomberg I don’t care.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 9:52:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Nevertrumpers and liberals destroy everything they touch
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 9:56:25 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 9:58:22 AM EDT
[#25]
Either way, people made a decision. The only way they are gonna change is if they see real/tangible reasons to change. The average American is selfish; what's in of for me. Our society created and fosters that attitude/conduct. Bitching at/about someone's decision/beliefs, misinformed as they might be, won't change them. They need personal reasons to want change, or they'll just become defensive, dig in deeper, and tune you out. Go down to your local church and start asking people in the parking lot to support/justify their actions/beliefs and you'll see what I mean.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 9:59:18 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 10:00:46 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 10:03:42 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 10:03:52 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

^ this is some weapons grade stupid.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 10:04:40 AM EDT
[#30]
Image removed, COC-6~guns762
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 10:08:00 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 10:10:51 AM EDT
[#32]
The Republican Party of VA, RPV, is filled with country club RINOs and nevertrumpers. They have not won a statewide election since 2009 and can’t figure out why.

Ken Cuchinelli would have been a great Governor and we would have likely gotten constitutional carry, but the RPV did not get behind him, because he was a TEA party type (this was before the TEA party was destroyed).

The RPV instead keeps giving us W appointees and various other low energy moderates and people stay at home. This is on top of the gerrymandering, and federal bureaucrat infested NoVa issues we also have to overcome.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 10:11:39 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 10:15:07 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 10:22:20 AM EDT
[#35]
Democrats always show a united front.
No matter, right or wrong, they hang together.

We, on the other hand, argue about the small stuff and love to spout psuedo intellectual horseshit to make a nonsensical point.

This difference will eventually defeat the Right.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 10:23:34 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Cuccinelli was one of the best candidates we’ve seen in decades.

We need more like him and Nick Freitas, and no more Ed Gillespies.
View Quote
IIRC, you said the RNC gave him no money essentially to win.

He was a "tip the apple cart" type to them???
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 10:25:33 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

IIRC, you said the RNC gave him no money essentially to win.
View Quote
They (RPV) wanted establishment guy Bill Bolling to get the nomination at the convention, when Cuchinelli got it instead they got butt hurt and slammed the top of the money box down.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 10:27:24 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Over 3,500 red flag orders have been enforced. 98% of Judges do not reject them. We have a Republican Senate President wanting to push UBC. DeSantis called the legal ownership of firearms by legal foreign nationals a "loophole". Anyone under the age of 21 is barred from purchasing a long gun for self defense. We haven't passed any bills that expand the 2nd Amendment in close to ten years. I was almost made into a felon because I owned an hunk of plastic at one point. Open Carry is still illegal. We have no Constitutional Carry. We still have to get background checks and having a CCW doesn't skip them because the State does not want to abide by ATF standards that would allow it.

You talk about voting? We have a Republican Supermajority and gun rights are suffering under them. We're lucky if we keep the status quo right now.

You coming to the Capitol to fight for better gun rights? Going to attend a FLBB hike to network? Maybe attend the FLHTF gun rights meeting when it get it going?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fantastic. Did they all cheer when Trump called to congratulate Scott on your new red flag confiscation, bans on purchases and ban on anything that let's you shoot faster?
Ok never trumper, we put a fix on that by replacing Scott with Desantis. Now we won't get any bills passed like in VA.
Too late. You already got them. Now how do you plan on getting rid of them?
We have nothing like what VA or CA has. Not by a longshot. The biggest change we have is the 21 law.
Over 3,500 red flag orders have been enforced. 98% of Judges do not reject them. We have a Republican Senate President wanting to push UBC. DeSantis called the legal ownership of firearms by legal foreign nationals a "loophole". Anyone under the age of 21 is barred from purchasing a long gun for self defense. We haven't passed any bills that expand the 2nd Amendment in close to ten years. I was almost made into a felon because I owned an hunk of plastic at one point. Open Carry is still illegal. We have no Constitutional Carry. We still have to get background checks and having a CCW doesn't skip them because the State does not want to abide by ATF standards that would allow it.

You talk about voting? We have a Republican Supermajority and gun rights are suffering under them. We're lucky if we keep the status quo right now.

You coming to the Capitol to fight for better gun rights? Going to attend a FLBB hike to network? Maybe attend the FLHTF gun rights meeting when it get it going?
If it was dems doing all that,gun owners would be going all Virginia there........................

But time and again,we have shown the Republicans that they can pass gun control,and suffer 0 consequences. Sand when you have the POUTUS on national tv telling everyone that they don't have to be afraid of the NRA. He could have said "Don't be afraid of gun owners" as well............
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 10:27:36 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

We, on the other hand, argue about the small stuff and love to spout psuedo intellectual horseshit to make a nonsensical point.

View Quote
This. We’re already all but defeated.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 10:27:50 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
The Republican Party of VA, RPV, is filled with country club RINOs and nevertrumpers. They have not won a statewide election since 2009 and can’t figure out why.

Ken Cuchinelli would have been a great Governor and we would have likely gotten constitutional carry, but the RPV did not get behind him, because he was a TEA party type (this was before the TEA party was destroyed).

The RPV instead keeps giving us W appointees and various other low energy moderates and people stay at home.
View Quote
Yep, and the fucking Libertarians did not help but that is really besides the point now.

I thank goodness for Trump every day but to think that he is not the greatest "get out the vote" thing that has ever happened for the dems would be walking past the graveyard with you fingers crossed.

Remember how FBHO was the greatest gun salesman....Well Trump is that for dem voter turnout.

The other sad fact to consider is that that there are more of "them" (dems) now than us at least potentially.

Less than half of the residents of Virginia are native-born and the transplants come from places where most were predisposed to vote dem.....Add to that our "recent immigrant" population, election fraud, dem gerrymandering, so yeah, make no mistake, it's going to be a rough row to hoe for some time to come.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 10:28:15 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
Well said. The Never Trumper mentality and single issue voting will indeed destroy the right. You can’t reason with these folks and it’s been very visible in this thread.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 10:29:06 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Dems voted in higher numbers than the Republicans.
I don't blame that on NeverTrumpers.
...and the state GOP failed to run a candidate in 23 districts, and Republicans did not turn out to vote in high numbers.

The state GOP bears the most blame, but maybe they would have run candidates if someone was willing to run for office?
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 10:29:59 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Virginians too smug and angry to nominate a Republican. That’s it in a nutshell.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
22 democrats in Virginia ran unopposed and the OP blames nevertrumpers. WTF am I missing ?
Virginians too smug and angry to nominate a Republican. That’s it in a nutshell.
Wrong. The party needs to find and help fund candidates and failed to do so.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 10:30:30 AM EDT
[#44]
People don’t vote?  Or just troll.....
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 10:31:07 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

They (RPV) wanted establishment guy Bill Bolling to get the nomination at the convention, when Cuchinelli got it instead they got butt hurt and slammed the top of the money box down.
View Quote
Assholes.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 10:31:08 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Holy shit, I know you've only been here a couple years, but have you missed my numerous posts about how republicans have been instrumental in passing every gun control law we currently have?

Do I really need to post again the congressional votes by republicans that put gun laws on the various presidents' desks?

At this point, it should be a tacked thread, because I get so sick of posting it for those of you who are too ignorant or lazy to research it yourself.

NFA, GCA, NICS, AWB would NEVER have made it to the president's desk without republican congressinal votes. That's a fact. Check it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

NFA? Since when was FDR a Republican?
The only R associated with NFA is NRA.

If you meant Hughes you'd be correct with FOPA 86 and Reagan signing it, and again NRA supported it.
Specifically-Wayne Lapierre. same shit bird that went pissing in Trumps ear for bumpstocks...Add the fact they came to market and we're approved under Obama... low hanging fruit for hatred of Obama...

GCA? Lyndon B Johnson-democrat.
AWB? Clinton-Democrat.
NICS? Schumer brought a 5 day waiting period for handgun purchases until a National background check was implemented Clinton signed off on that.
Brady Bill. 5 day mandatory wait until NICS is implemented.

Want to beat the fuckers at their game? Join the Brady campaign and other gun control movements.
I did.
Summer 2016 I found a Facebook group tied to Soros funds, free pamphlets to hand out. Free stickers, free hats. Free tee shirts. Free refrigerator/bumper magnets.
I was in a few Trump and gun groups at that time and got my shit ordered and got others to do the same.

Once all the free shit, with free shipping came, I gave very specific directions not to shit post, not to troll not to even post in that group.
It was filled with soccer moms teachers soybois the works...

We posted photos and videos to that group with ban assault weapons stickers on the stocks of our rifles shooting the magnets on steel targets photos of the hats and tee shirts and boxes of pamphlets burning... the works.
They went nuts because we beat them to that sweet soros punch bowl on free shit.
The stickers were .99 a piece, magnets 1.99 a piece, shirts and hats 9.99, 12.99 for XL+. Pamphlets were 25 or so.
it was glorious.

This is a pro gun Republican website.  Pointing out the facts only gets many Team players riled up against you.

Battered Wife 101-She takes the beatings and wont listen to anyone pointing out the obvious. Cops show up for the weekly call of him beating her,and she gets pissed at the cops for arresting him.Same shit over and over..........
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 10:33:13 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/468326/Screenshot_20190625-212912_jpg-1276692.JPG

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or, you know, get elected to office and actually work on making the laws, rather than yelling at other people to do it.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/468326/Screenshot_20190625-212912_jpg-1276692.JPG

So will awesome twitter burns come first,or pushing pro gun stuff?
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 10:33:32 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
This is a pro gun Republican website.  Pointing out the facts only gets many Team players riled up against you.

Battered Wife 101-She takes the beatings and wont listen to anyone pointing out the obvious. Cops show up for the weekly call of him beating her,and she gets pissed at the cops for arresting him.Same shit over and over..........
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

NFA? Since when was FDR a Republican?
The only R associated with NFA is NRA.

If you meant Hughes you'd be correct with FOPA 86 and Reagan signing it, and again NRA supported it.
Specifically-Wayne Lapierre. same shit bird that went pissing in Trumps ear for bumpstocks...Add the fact they came to market and we're approved under Obama... low hanging fruit for hatred of Obama...

GCA? Lyndon B Johnson-democrat.
AWB? Clinton-Democrat.
NICS? Schumer brought a 5 day waiting period for handgun purchases until a National background check was implemented Clinton signed off on that.
Brady Bill. 5 day mandatory wait until NICS is implemented.

Want to beat the fuckers at their game? Join the Brady campaign and other gun control movements.
I did.
Summer 2016 I found a Facebook group tied to Soros funds, free pamphlets to hand out. Free stickers, free hats. Free tee shirts. Free refrigerator/bumper magnets.
I was in a few Trump and gun groups at that time and got my shit ordered and got others to do the same.

Once all the free shit, with free shipping came, I gave very specific directions not to shit post, not to troll not to even post in that group.
It was filled with soccer moms teachers soybois the works...

We posted photos and videos to that group with ban assault weapons stickers on the stocks of our rifles shooting the magnets on steel targets photos of the hats and tee shirts and boxes of pamphlets burning... the works.
They went nuts because we beat them to that sweet soros punch bowl on free shit.
The stickers were .99 a piece, magnets 1.99 a piece, shirts and hats 9.99, 12.99 for XL+. Pamphlets were 25 or so.
it was glorious.

Aren’t you the guy who said you’re going to piss your vote away with a write-in? Or am I thinking of someone else.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 10:34:46 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Unfortunately it will be ignored/derided by those who are more concerned with their team winning, than their rights being honored.
Before some of you guys call me a never Trumper, I left the republican party the day after I voted in my states primary for governor, but they nominated a "Republican" who ran on banning "assault weapons".  Sorry, but I will never vote for anyone who says they want to take my rights away.
I voted lesser of evils in my youth, but eventually saw that the lesser evil just got more evil every election. The longer you fall into that trap, the more evil the candidates you support become.
If you keep voting for people who work to deprive you of your rights, how do you expect to keep, or even advance, your rights?

Edited to add: OP, were you in VA on 1/20/20?  I was, and drove 7.5 hours to be there with a passenger van full of like minded people.  I guess you did your part when you voted for "republicans" who passed red flag laws, and took the RKBA away from those under 21.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why would any sane person promise to do that? It completely removes any power that they might have had.

What state are you in?
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 10:35:57 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
While I don't subscribe to your Libertarian "roo view" I'll say this, the VRP damn sure help cause the storm that hit Virginia, stood out in it, but still wondered how they got wet.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top