Page / 3
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 8:34:16 PM EDT
[#1]
How big's the rudder?
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 8:38:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
no guarantee that "Ark" will survive the voyage...
View Quote
Yes, it is not a very seaworthy design. Not much was back in those days.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 8:38:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

No.  Flood happened before the continents split, and before the mountains were raised and valleys laid low.
View Quote
Millions of years ago?
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 8:43:09 PM EDT
[#4]
sail it to the African coast, fill it with shaved Orangutans and charge admission.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 8:43:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Interesting fact, of all the flood stories, from Gilgamesh et al, the one in the Bible is the only one that has a plan for a boat that would actually float.
View Quote
Bullshit lol.

One of the Sumerian stories has a guy use the lumber from his house go towards the construction of the boat. He only took his livestock and his family on the boat, and the flood only covered the valley he lived in.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 8:45:08 PM EDT
[#6]
What about the pirates?
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 8:49:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You can fit two of every kind that needs an ark, though. Not the same thing.
View Quote
Lol no.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 8:52:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The design has been evaluated by naval architects numerous times, it's basically a barge with no propulsion and with a cg that keeps it from capsizing.  It only had to last a few weeks, really -- it wasn't built to be a seagoing vessel to last twenty years.
View Quote
Still more seaworthy than an LCS or Zumwalt.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 8:54:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The design has been evaluated by naval architects numerous times, it's basically a barge with no propulsion and with a cg that keeps it from capsizing.  It only had to last a few weeks, really -- it wasn't built to be a seagoing vessel to last twenty years.
haha but no.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 8:58:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
haha but no.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

haha but no.
Norwegian frigate?
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 8:59:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

haha but no.
View Quote
Well at least it will be deployed thus decade.

Q. Did Noah have two fat chicks with short hair drive a Subaru on to the ark? Swear to God, one walked into the beer distributor this past Monday an ordered a case of Zima. Just about lost it when the (very nice) Indian gentleman at the register kept saying, "thank you Sir"
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 8:59:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Somewhere around Gibraltar it will be boarded by "refugees," who will shit all over everything, rape the animals, and convert it to a Mosque.  Then it will catch on fire, capsize, and sink.  The owner will be sued for all his money by over 9000 more "refugees" claiming to be next of kin to the dead refugees.  The owner will lose his entire fortune between paying the lawyers and the gibs me dat crowd.  He will die penniless and alone in a migrant slum where he is spat on daily for being an "infidel."  The left will cheer this victory over "white privilege."

THE END.
View Quote
So it's like a Carnival cruise?
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 9:06:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
How is a kind different than a species?
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 9:07:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
A giraffe as a bowsprit?

I like this guy
View Quote
Looks like there is an elephant on the bridge wing.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 9:13:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yeah, but imagine the wave action if the flooding had covered "the whole earth."  Heck, a modern ship probably couldn't survive that.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 9:14:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Watch out for icebergs.
View Quote
And Goldbergs.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 9:14:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Riiiiight.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 9:15:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
How big's the rudder?
View Quote
It has no means of propulsion, which makes a rudder rather useless.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 9:16:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Is this a Ripley’s Believe it or Not show?
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 9:17:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

So it's like a Carnival cruise?
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 9:24:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Yeah, but imagine the wave action if the flooding had covered "the whole earth."  Heck, a modern ship probably couldn't survive that.
View Quote
30, 000 feet of rain in a few days, tidal forces changing because the change in mass of the earth would pull the moon closer to the Earth and possibly the Earth closer to the sun. It would also slow down the earth's rotation as energy conservation must be obeyed, I imagine the weather will be terrible as the atmosphere is displaced. Also animals are mobile and so there's constant changes to where the mass is distributed.

That ship would go through hell
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 9:26:29 PM EDT
[#22]
...two mosquitos...
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 9:29:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Funny, but I'm sort of cereal. Think of the finches on Galapagos. They're all finches. When they get different enough, they are classified as a separate species, but really they are all of the kind "finch". Noah didn't have to take 37 different species of wolf, and 87 species of equine. Just a couple. Not even a strict creationist would argue against speciation over time.
Well, maybe Ken Hamm, but he thinks God is a lying illusionist.

And a lot of species obviously didn't need an ark. Ants, for example and fish, frogs. Snakes. Et al.

So far all of the speciation observed has been a loss of information, not inclusion of a random beneficial mutation. That concept is hypothesized ex post facto, never observed.
View Quote
Would ark-qualified women have two have two kinds of every VD?
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 9:29:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Would ark-qualified women have two have two kinds of every VD?
View Quote
It depends on how you define kind
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 9:30:15 PM EDT
[#25]

But does it have dinosaurs?

Link Posted: 11/27/2018 9:31:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You can define "kind" based on the size of the Ark.  If the Ark is small, then you have a mammal kind, a reptile kind, a bird kind, and a bug kind.  
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 9:32:34 PM EDT
[#27]
"Life sized"

LoL.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 9:32:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

It depends on how you define kind
View Quote
Genus, species, borough of NY...
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 9:35:08 PM EDT
[#29]
If he's not going to Armenia why should I give a shit?
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 9:40:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Since different animals need specific diets you had to store a shit load of food.
Oh, i forgot they magically went into hibernation.

The job of gathering and applying pitch on the inside and outside of the boat would be a bitch.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 9:43:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Pretty damn cool,hope it has a safe journey
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 9:46:35 PM EDT
[#32]
I always feel pity for those that were brainwashed at a young age to believe in goofy shit like this. Religion shouldn't be allowed to be taught to anyone under 18 years old.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 9:48:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Cool

Wish i had the means ($$$) to go help him finish constructing it, even as a laborer only! I also wish i had the means ($$$) to provide one of the tugboats he needs.

Or.....maybe just the means ($$$) to be along the way somewhere, preferably Israel, to see it with me own eyes

Anyone care to sponsor me? I will wear an AR15.COM t-shirt for maximum camera ex-poser and tell the interviewers me screen name is subnet (lol).
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 9:50:53 PM EDT
[#34]
I'm On A Boat (ft. T-Pain) - Album Version
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 9:51:44 PM EDT
[#35]
You know some muslim country or group will sink it by some reason or another if it tries to make the voyage, since it's now "connected" to Israel.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 9:54:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
No.  Flood happened before the continents split, and before the mountains were raised and valleys laid low.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I figure the story comes from the fact that you can find fossil sea shells high up in the Himalayas, and other high altitude places.   The water must have been that high, right?
Yeah and the sea shells are a deliberate  distraction from God to test our faith.

Same with dinosaur bones and monkeys.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 1:29:43 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
5,000 capacity?
Maybe a quick trip via Tijuana, then a tragic boating accident...it'd be....biblical

View Quote
ROTFLMAO

Oh, man, I'll smoke a turd in hell for laughing at that one.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 7:05:35 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

It has no means of propulsion, which makes a rudder rather useless.
View Quote
But the guy's Dutch
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 7:15:40 AM EDT
[#39]
Pretty cool
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 7:28:46 AM EDT
[#40]
And people actually believe that thing held two of every animal on the planet.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 7:34:05 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Well, at least it’s more seaworthy than that Russian carrier.
View Quote
Underrated post.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 7:36:23 AM EDT
[#42]
So...how did Noah get around? Did he hire tug boats?
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 7:51:06 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
lol
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 7:51:56 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I figure the story comes from the fact that you can find fossil sea shells high up in the Himalayas, and other high altitude places.   The water must have been that high, right?
ITT we learn that big wooden boats can't float, but entire continents can!

Link Posted: 11/28/2018 7:57:07 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

ITT we learn that big wooden boats can't float, but entire continents can!

https://www.yahchanan.com/pix/Noah.gif
View Quote

They can and do.  The continents are drifting even now.

Measurably.  As in they literally measure the drift of the continents now, since the invention of GPS satellites.

But even for a long time before that, there was a ton of geological evidence that was best explained by it.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 7:57:38 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I always feel pity for those that were brainwashed at a young age to believe in goofy shit like this. Religion shouldn't be allowed to be taught to anyone under 18 years old.
View Quote
I feel the same way about people who look around and believe all of this was created when 2 asteroids collided or a ball of gas exploded.

Especially when they can't explain where the asteroids or the ball of gas came from.  Because asteroids and explosive gases don't just magically appear.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 8:52:58 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I feel the same way about people who look around and believe all of this was created when 2 asteroids collided or a ball of gas exploded.

Especially when they can't explain where the asteroids or the ball of gas came from.  Because asteroids and explosive gases don't just magically appear.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

“We don’t know everything about the universe, therefore everything in my particular holy book is the literal truth!”
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 9:15:27 AM EDT
[#48]
1. Because the way genetics work you could not repopulate a species with just two individuals

2. Something happened long ago to create an ancestral memory of a great flood

3. The Bible story is teaching a morality lesson, it's not a history lesson.

4. The idiot in the story and too much bloody money...
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 9:16:43 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
How big's the rudder?
View Quote
If it was built to spec, there isn't one.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 9:29:00 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

“We don’t know everything about the universe, therefore everything in my particular holy book is the literal truth!”
View Quote
"You see, son, what had happened was that eleventy billion years ago 2 magical asteroids appeared out of thin air and then collided and that's how we got elephants and zebras!  And that's a fact, because some scientists told me so.  Don't believe any of that unproven hokey sounding stuff in the Bible."
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top