Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 7:25:17 AM EDT
[#1]
You know how whenever a law is passed saying that you don't need a license to carry a weapon, liberals say "Oh, God, there's going to be blood in the streets, school shootings are going to skyrocket, it's going to be horror!"  And then nothing happens, except perhaps a decrease in violence?

You guys laugh at the liberals and anti-gunners who say that.  And then you say "If drugs are legalized, there's going to be blood in the streets!  Oh, the humanity!"

You think you're better than the liberals you hate?  You're not.

Also, I own page 4.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 7:32:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Does psilocybe cubensis even grow in the Denver area?
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 7:39:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Also, I own page 4.
View Quote
Not with an edit, you don't.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 7:40:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Not with an edit, you don't.
View Quote
I made it before the next response.  So Pbbbth.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 7:43:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Does psilocybe cubensis even grow in the Denver area?
View Quote
It will now.

Link Posted: 5/9/2019 7:46:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 7:49:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I made it before the next response.  So Pbbbth.
View Quote
Making up rules as we go along?
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 7:53:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Making up rules as we go along?
View Quote
Why not?  By the way, I own post 158.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 8:11:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I wonder about the frequency of testing for mj and how that has affected the numbers. In other words, my guess is that years ago there was zero testing done for mj, and now they come up with more situations that they have decided warrant (ha!) testing for mj, so the number of tests being performed is increasing year over year. This means that by golly they are finding more cases of mj in people's systems, but only because they are testing more people. Unless the number of people tested each year is the same, one cannot draw conclusions about how many people are using.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://gazette.com/news/mixed-findings-on-colorado-marijuana-traffic-deaths/article_ec6a8f4c-a722-11e8-9c81-17b5312abb33.html

The number of highway deaths involving Colorado drivers who had marijuana in their system grew again in 2017, a new state study shows.

At the same time, traffic fatalities in which drivers had enough marijuana in their bloodstream to be deemed legally impaired dropped sharply, from 52 in 2016 to 35 last year.

The reason for this seeming contradiction: Marijuana can remain in the bloodstream for weeks, so a positive blood test may not mean a driver was stoned at the time of a deadly crash.
I wonder about the frequency of testing for mj and how that has affected the numbers. In other words, my guess is that years ago there was zero testing done for mj, and now they come up with more situations that they have decided warrant (ha!) testing for mj, so the number of tests being performed is increasing year over year. This means that by golly they are finding more cases of mj in people's systems, but only because they are testing more people. Unless the number of people tested each year is the same, one cannot draw conclusions about how many people are using.
Those are stats I'm guessing aren't easy to find.

I remember a few years ago reading an article about alcohol related accidents, only issue was what "alcohol related" meant to them vs what it means to me. To them it meant any accident that there was alcohol present. Not much different than firearm death stats, very seldom do they omit suicides which greatly skews the numbers and makes people think tons of kids are being killed every year.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 8:14:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Freedom be scary bro
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 9:09:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Freedom be scary bro
View Quote
So if you can't do drugs, you aren't free, and if you can do drugs you are? Can someone explain this logic to me? We have rules and laws all around us, but libertarians think one issue is the only one that matters. Good thing they are only 1% (although they are a loud 1%).
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 9:13:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
So if you can't do drugs, you aren't free, and if you can do drugs you are? Can someone explain this logic to me? We have rules and laws all around us, but libertarians think one issue is the only one that matters. Good thing they are only 1% (although they are a loud 1%).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Freedom be scary bro
When the government says I can't possess a wild growing mushroom in my own house with no one else around, I would say that is the opposite of freedom.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 9:19:25 AM EDT
[#13]
So will shrooms become the prefeered munchie reliever ?  & shroom tea for cotton mouth right

Link Posted: 5/9/2019 9:24:29 AM EDT
[#14]
More freedom!!!!!

Surely Denver and CO will go back Republican anytime now.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 9:25:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The man wants you as stupid as possible as soon as possible.
View Quote
This is the correct answer.

Dependent people vote to be dependent.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 9:37:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What are the freedom loving, independent, ARF bros drinking this weekend?
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 9:41:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
DENVER  A measure to decriminalize psilocybin mushrooms in the city of Denver passed by a thin margin, election officials confirmed Wednesday.
View Quote
Sweet land of Liberty!
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 9:44:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Who cares?  Ppl do mushrooms now, they'll do them if it eventually passes or not. I cant imagine it's even much of a problem since normal ppl that eat mushroom aren't doing it a whole lot anyways. Hours and hours of being high and not being able to sleep isn't that much fun anyways.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 10:01:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I think it’s hilarious on this site that we have people advocating against legalization of drugs because of the havoc it will wreak on cities, but they’d end welfare tomorrow if they could precipitating a modern day apocalypse.
View Quote
Let's consider some of the 'logic' we are seeing here.

Shroomsbad.EXE

Marijuanabad.EXE

Bigcitiesbad.EXE

Well then by that logic shouldn't you want these cities to legalize all the drugs and the homelessness and the crime so that they implode and destroy themselves?
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 10:03:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
More freedom!!!!!

Surely Denver and CO will go back Republican anytime now.
View Quote
They don’t give two shits about 2A liberties.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 10:36:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Fucking Colorado has gone completely off the road and into the ditch. I don't doubt for a minute that legal meth and heroine are just around the corner.

Such a shame, since it's a beautiful state.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 10:41:05 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Good.  Psilocybe mushrooms are immensely beneficial for a variety of disorders, including PTSD and depression.
View Quote
Isn't it odd how all of a sudden pot and "magic mushrooms" are miracle drugs? Fuck, who knows, heroine will probably cure cancer, meth will end third-world hunger, and cocaine will bring world peace. Hurrah!
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 10:41:11 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
You know how whenever a law is passed saying that you don't need a license to carry a weapon, liberals say "Oh, God, there's going to be blood in the streets, school shootings are going to skyrocket, it's going to be horror!"  And then nothing happens, except perhaps a decrease in violence?

You guys laugh at the liberals and anti-gunners who say that.  And then you say "If drugs are legalized, there's going to be blood in the streets!  Oh, the humanity!"

Also, I own page 4.
View Quote
Except when you legalize drugs, DUI goes up, unemployment goes up, welfare goes up, productivity goes down and more Democrats get elected.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 10:41:51 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Is it just me or does it seem that plants (or fungi) which grow naturally should NOT be illegal?

I would never do shrooms but I have houseplants right now that would make me sick or even outright kill me if I ingested them and they aren't illegal "for my safety" so WTF?
View Quote
Now, there's some world-class logic right there.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 10:44:00 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 11:08:08 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Fucking Colorado has gone completely off the road and into the ditch. I don't doubt for a minute that legal meth and heroine are just around the corner.

Such a shame, since it's a beautiful state.
View Quote
Something that may shock you.
Of the people I know who smoke pot and occasionally eat shrooms the vast majority of them are freedom loving, gun owning, leave me the fuck alone type of people who could give a shit less what you think or like and expect the same from everyone else in return.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 11:09:49 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Isn't it odd how all of a sudden pot and "magic mushrooms" are miracle drugs? Fuck, who knows, heroine will probably cure cancer, meth will end third-world hunger, and cocaine will bring world peace. Hurrah!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good.  Psilocybe mushrooms are immensely beneficial for a variety of disorders, including PTSD and depression.
Wouldn't it be strange if effective medications came from somewhere other than big pharma?
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 11:11:24 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Awesome. Drunk drivers. High drivers. Tripping drivers. And killer semi's.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 11:20:28 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude, the arfcom alcoholics have taught me that alcohol is not a drug.  You simply cannot compare it to mj or shrooms. It’s an innocent relaxant with no negative consequences.   Just look at the deaths due to it annually and you will clearly see it’s amzing and harmless.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 11:31:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Lol
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 11:41:33 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
BLOOD. STREETS. IN.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 11:52:33 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Except when you legalize drugs, DUI goes up, unemployment goes up, welfare goes up, productivity goes down and more Democrats get elected.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also, I own page 4.
4 states legalized weed and another 4 added medical weed during the 2016 election.  The current economy exist along with some of the most lax drug laws this country has seen.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 11:59:16 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23727882
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 12:04:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
Guess what, all,of that is still illegal and still happening all over the US regardless of “laws”
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 12:05:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yep, and as we know making things illegal totally solves the problem.

In fact, now that you have established that logic....why don't we just ban all guns that way there is no more gun violence?
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 12:23:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Did I make it in before the usual in the GD cheer and say this is about freedom.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 12:51:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Did I make it in before the usual in the GD cheer and say this is about freedom.
View Quote
What else should the government tell you not to do?

I am not a child, I don't need a parent.  Do you?
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 1:00:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
Someone goes 10 feet into the woods behind their house and find a maitake growing on an oak. They pick it, cook it and eat it. (No psilocybin, strictly food). That's legal.

They then go to the mulch in their flowerbed, and pick up a LBM (little brown mushroom). They pick it and eat it. No psilocybin. That's legal.

They then turn around and pick another LMB, this one has psilocybin. They eat it. You think someone should go to jail for that?
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 1:55:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
Mushrooms also cause people to do stupid things....

"Billings man accused of shooting, killing friend after mushroom trip"

https://billingsgazette.com/news/state-and-regional/crime-and-courts/billings-man-accused-of-shooting-killing-friend-after-mushroom-trip/article_38a82a03-6d6b-5522-ac46-8722d44a20f8.html

"An Oregon man who told police he was under the influence of hallucinogenic mushrooms punched a 71-year-old woman Sunday as she loaded groceries into her truck."

https://www.kiro7.com/news/trending-now/oregon-man-high-on-mushrooms-punches-71yearold-woman-deputies-say/932379101

"Suburban Philadelphia Man Sentenced for Killing Friend in Mushroom-Induced Rage"

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Man-Sentenced-for-Killing-Friend-in-Mushroom-Induced-Rage-286473581.html

"A 25-year-old Purdue University graduate who was killed Sunday night was shot by a man in a hallucinogenic-mushrooms-fueled trip, court documents allege"

https://www.indystar.com/story/news/crime/2015/03/12/man-tripping-mushrooms-fatally-shot-friend-documents-allege/70209500/

"A Northern California mixed-martial artist accused of ripping out his friend’s heart and removing his tongue while the two were on hallucinogenic drugs has pleaded guilty to murder and mayhem charges. Witnesses say the two had ingested hallucinogenic mushrooms before the attack and believed they were involved in a struggle between God and the devil."

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/california-mma-fighter-jarrod-wyatt-accused-ripping-friend-heard-tongue-pleads-guilty-murder-article-1.1154835

"Police: Blandon man high on mushrooms stabs woman, kills rabbit"

http://www.wfmz.com/news/berks/police-blandon-man-high-on-mushrooms-stabs-woman-kills-rabbit/19950589

"Day after he allegedly kills best friend while high on mushrooms, Northland teen goes before judge"

https://fox4kc.com/2017/06/26/day-after-he-allegedly-kills-best-friend-while-high-on-mushrooms-northland-teen-goes-before-judge/

"A teacher repeatedly stabbed himself in the neck with a broken bottle while high on magic mushrooms, an inquest heard."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/2798443/Teacher-stabbed-himself-to-death-while-high-on-magic-mushrooms.html

"Police say York man took psychedelic mushrooms before killing cat"

https://www.centralmaine.com/2018/09/07/police-say-man-took-psychedelic-mushrooms-before-killing-cat/

"A monthlong jury trial ended Thursday with a Vacaville man being found guilty of second-degree murder and attempted murder for a 2010 late-night shooting spree in a Vacaville apartment among four friends who were all high on psilocybin mushrooms."

https://www.dailyrepublic.com/all-dr-news/solano-news/crime-solano-county-courts/jury-convicts-man-who-shot-friends-while-high-on-mushrooms/
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 1:56:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I was referring to the 'muh freedom' argument which doesn't really frame what is going on, not the isolated efficacy of drug legalization. It is not going to play out like some libertarian fantasy so often parroted here.  It will play out like it is playing out in these liberal cities....they will have the freedom and you will have to tolerate them, not to mention the direct and indirect subsidization.  It is no coincidence that these places are also increasingly 'decriminalizing' the offenses that are most commonly associated with drug addicts.  It is not as simple as so many like to frame it is my point.  We can debate drug legalization on its many pros and cons, I just think the simplistic freedom arguments don't really address anything, at least not outside the very small echo chamber here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Legalize all drugs.

Legalize all of em, whoever is stupid enough to start doing them will likely end up in prison for
stealing shit to fund the habit.
Society would suck for several years but eventually so many idiots would be in prison the only
remaining folks would be the better side of society. Also, eventually people would respect
and understand that drugs are for losers.

Whos with me?
The prisons are already full of dopers. Completely full. So completely full they don't put most thieves in jail here.
Fuck it build more prisons, it creates jobs. Privatize them. Im sick of this dope bullshit. Everyone wants to get
high these days its sickening.
Buncha goddammits running around thinking they can do what they want with their own bodies fucking freedom bullshit.
I get this sentiment, problem is it is not really freedom...at least not for everyone else who are completely constrained from having the freedom to deal with the repercussions of these policies.  Try living in Seattle or some other similar city and use your freedom to deal with such people who are squatting or ruining your business or livelihood for example.  It will not be them going to jail. They are a protected class.
Then deal with the squatters for squatting, don’t tell someone else what to eat or smoke if they are not bothering you.
You can't, that was the point.  Drug addicts are simply becoming another 'marginalized class' for the left.
What does that have to do with the legality of a mushroom? It’s like banning alcohol because some people are assholes when they are drunk or kill people driving drunk.  Deal with the criminal aspect of it, but I’m having a bourbon in my study right now after a long days work, kids and wife are in bed, I’m not going anywhere, don’t compare me to drunk driver or whatever other asshole things some drunks do.
I was referring to the 'muh freedom' argument which doesn't really frame what is going on, not the isolated efficacy of drug legalization. It is not going to play out like some libertarian fantasy so often parroted here.  It will play out like it is playing out in these liberal cities....they will have the freedom and you will have to tolerate them, not to mention the direct and indirect subsidization.  It is no coincidence that these places are also increasingly 'decriminalizing' the offenses that are most commonly associated with drug addicts.  It is not as simple as so many like to frame it is my point.  We can debate drug legalization on its many pros and cons, I just think the simplistic freedom arguments don't really address anything, at least not outside the very small echo chamber here.
I don’t know what to tell you.  Around me developers are buying every piece of land and putting hundreds of houses on it.  Increased traffic, urbanization, voting shift to democrat, water runoff from increased impervious surface etc.  So what?  People shouldn’t be able to sell their land, developers shouldn’t be able to build houses and sell them?  Best we can do is hold them accountable for infrastructure and zoning.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 2:04:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Mushrooms also cause people to do stupid things....

"Billings man accused of shooting, killing friend after mushroom trip"

https://billingsgazette.com/news/state-and-regional/crime-and-courts/billings-man-accused-of-shooting-killing-friend-after-mushroom-trip/article_38a82a03-6d6b-5522-ac46-8722d44a20f8.html

"An Oregon man who told police he was under the influence of hallucinogenic mushrooms punched a 71-year-old woman Sunday as she loaded groceries into her truck."

https://www.kiro7.com/news/trending-now/oregon-man-high-on-mushrooms-punches-71yearold-woman-deputies-say/932379101

"Suburban Philadelphia Man Sentenced for Killing Friend in Mushroom-Induced Rage"

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Man-Sentenced-for-Killing-Friend-in-Mushroom-Induced-Rage-286473581.html

"A 25-year-old Purdue University graduate who was killed Sunday night was shot by a man in a hallucinogenic-mushrooms-fueled trip, court documents allege"

https://www.indystar.com/story/news/crime/2015/03/12/man-tripping-mushrooms-fatally-shot-friend-documents-allege/70209500/

"A Northern California mixed-martial artist accused of ripping out his friend's heart and removing his tongue while the two were on hallucinogenic drugs has pleaded guilty to murder and mayhem charges. Witnesses say the two had ingested hallucinogenic mushrooms before the attack and believed they were involved in a struggle between God and the devil."

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/california-mma-fighter-jarrod-wyatt-accused-ripping-friend-heard-tongue-pleads-guilty-murder-article-1.1154835

"Police: Blandon man high on mushrooms stabs woman, kills rabbit"

http://www.wfmz.com/news/berks/police-blandon-man-high-on-mushrooms-stabs-woman-kills-rabbit/19950589

"Day after he allegedly kills best friend while high on mushrooms, Northland teen goes before judge"

https://fox4kc.com/2017/06/26/day-after-he-allegedly-kills-best-friend-while-high-on-mushrooms-northland-teen-goes-before-judge/

"A teacher repeatedly stabbed himself in the neck with a broken bottle while high on magic mushrooms, an inquest heard."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/2798443/Teacher-stabbed-himself-to-death-while-high-on-magic-mushrooms.html

"Police say York man took psychedelic mushrooms before killing cat"

https://www.centralmaine.com/2018/09/07/police-say-man-took-psychedelic-mushrooms-before-killing-cat/

"A monthlong jury trial ended Thursday with a Vacaville man being found guilty of second-degree murder and attempted murder for a 2010 late-night shooting spree in a Vacaville apartment among four friends who were all high on psilocybin mushrooms."

https://www.dailyrepublic.com/all-dr-news/solano-news/crime-solano-county-courts/jury-convicts-man-who-shot-friends-while-high-on-mushrooms/
View Quote
Now google accidental shootings and tell me if it was the guns fault or the user?
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 2:10:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
We should start a fad of drinking a quart of RoundUp.
View Quote
Will that kill the weed?
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 2:11:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Fuck it build more prisons, it creates jobs. Privatize them. Im sick of this dope bullshit. Everyone wants to get
high these days its sickening.
View Quote
You just might be a Fudd troll.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 2:18:17 PM EDT
[#44]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Says who? Vice News?
Johns Hopkins, for starters:

https://hub.jhu.edu/2018/09/26/psilocybin-scheduling-magic-mushrooms/
Yeah. Its for medical reasons.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 2:44:40 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I wonder what the voter turnout was like.
View Quote
3 elves, a unicorn and a giant evil clown with a butcher knife
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 2:53:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Now google accidental shootings and tell me if it was the guns fault or the user?
View Quote
Comparing someone who intentionally murders a person while they are high on hallucinogenic mushrooms with an unintentional accidental shooting requires some serious mental gymnastics.....
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 2:58:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Studies have shown that it remaps the brain for those with PTSD.  Hopefully we can see more results for those who suffer.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 3:06:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Comparing someone who intentionally murders a person while they are high on hallucinogenic mushrooms with an unintentional accidental shooting requires some serious mental gymnastics.....
View Quote
So if I don't intend to do something that admonishes me of all accountability?
I am a firm believer you are 100% responsible for all of your actions, doesn't matter if sober, high, drunk or sleepwalking.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 3:10:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 3:15:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Yeah. Its for medical reasons.
View Quote
Based of the results of studies that are completed to date, these treatments are a quantum leap over what's available currently.

Unless you're the type just pay lip service to our military members you should be fully behind legalization. It's our countries archaic drug laws that have retarded developments.

Perhaps you should read the research and compare the results to what's done now.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top