Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:39:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like the "Muslim guy" is going by the same playbook that militant blacks have been using in their armed encounters with police. Next there will be an MLM (Muslim Lives Matter) protest movement with this dumb@$$ as their first martyr. Just like the blacks with their thug martyr/heroes Trayvon Martin and Michael Brown.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:40:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:42:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Where does is say that in the article posted?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You would go hands on with a guy that comes at you knowing that you have a gun?

Walker Texas Ranger much?
You guys talk like taking a life is easy to do with no repercussions. Look at this Wiess guy, in jail and looking at a conviction. No one knows I have a gun until they dictate the situation and warrants me brandishing. I don’t draw on a guy for walking up on me. But yes, i’d go hands on first. I like not being in jail and not being sued for wrongful death.
Apples and orange comparison. The shooter had already drawn his weapon and the goblin kept coming.

In that situation, you would still go hands on?
Where does is say that in the article posted?
"pulled out his gun and Rahim said I dare you to shoot me".
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:44:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
There is an ultra thin line where you shoot/don’t shoot. I wouldn’t shoot on a fucking dare. I’d go hands on first.
If the tables were turned, the keyboard warriors would be screaming for a conviction.
View Quote
George Zimmerman went hands on and almost ended up getting shot with his own gun.  Is that your plan?  Cause now they show that you were "fighting" and you didn't retreat so you were equally aggressive/instigating and only when you were losing did you then shoot him.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:46:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:48:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:52:03 PM EDT
[#7]
I feared for my life
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:56:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Question.

If you point a gun at a guy in a confrontation and he doesn’t back down or run away couldn’t you argue that he was showing intent to attack? It’s not normal to stand face to face with a guy while he points a gun at you.
View Quote
That's something his lawyer will try to sell to the judge/jury. The other side of that argument, however, is that the shooter provoked/initiated the deadly action by drawing first before any assault took place (assuming reported events are accurate). That's why you don't give warning shots, and shoot as an absolute last resort. The gun is drawn to defend your life, not to threaten someone else.

Had Mr Weiss not drawn his gun first and just postured along with the deceased, he would've had many opportunities to deescalate the situation until emergency services arrived on scene. He chose instead to jump from A to Z in the continuum of force, limiting his options then to a binary choice: shoot or run. MN law, however shitty they are, would've mandated he run in that situation
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:57:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I thought MN had a castle doctrine?

Also back in the day the some of the Somali population used to terrorise parts of EP and it's citizens. The police used to shake the hands of people who defended themselves. Wonder what happened..
View Quote

Legislature passed it with bi-partisan support like 4 or 5 years ago but our fuck-stain governor vetoed it and we were just short of having the votes to override the veto.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:58:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The fact that he's a goat fucker has nothing to do with the story except for liberal feels.
View Quote
It has just as much importance to the left as it does to the right.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 4:01:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What kind of idiot would DARE somebody to shoot them?
View Quote
Special!
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 4:02:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The fact that he's a goat fucker has nothing to do with the story except for liberal feels.
If we’re being honest it probably means more to GD.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 4:02:31 PM EDT
[#13]
There are a few places I refuse to go Minneapolis/MN is high on the list.

Last time we went riding along the Mississippi my wife wanted to cross, we were near Stillwater along 35, just north of Minneapolis. I refused.  The somali shithead population, the horrid Minnesota laws , not worth it.

Gorgeous area, stay on the Wisconsin side.

If dude keeps his mouth shut and gets a good attorney he should walk, not worth the hassle in my life. I avoid shit like this at all costs.  Stuff happens, but God so help me, I'm avoiding it as much as humanly possible.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 4:03:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
A dead one
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 4:04:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Meh

Allan’s will or something
View Quote
Allan's Shot Bar
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 4:05:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Did everyone else know that "MVA" meant motor vehicle accident without reading the OP?  
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 4:05:48 PM EDT
[#17]
No charges!!!
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 4:07:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 4:09:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 4:09:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

George Zimmerman went hands on and almost ended up getting shot with his own gun.  Is that your plan?  Cause now they show that you were "fighting" and you didn't retreat so you were equally aggressive/instigating and only when you were losing did you then shoot him.
View Quote
Why do you repeat this lie?

Trayvon struck first, and as far as we know, was the ONLY one to try grappling or striking anybody.

The entire fucking trial is on Youtube, you should stop posting, and go review.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 4:10:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Nope.

We were trying to get it, but it died in committee.
View Quote
Yes, MN does have a castle doctrine.  We do not have a Stand Your Ground.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 4:10:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
It seems the handgun only got pulled out after the 17 year old got aggressive and got in the other guy's face.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Approach me with a hand gun in your hand and see what happens!  They may have 'over reacted' but.......
It seems the handgun only got pulled out after the 17 year old got aggressive and got in the other guy's face.
People seem to believe they can do anything, (be aggressive, chest bump, etc) without consequence.

It's almost like they are trying to bait you and play the victim.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 4:11:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I know a guy that was drunk and doing drugs too.  At a party he dared/bet his best friend to pick up a knife on the table and try to stab him.  Drunk guy claimed to be a superior martial arts expert.  His friend picks up the knife and stabbed him 13 times.

How many times do you stab someone to win a bet?  Apparently 13
View Quote
Damn, I thought it was only 10
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 4:12:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
If you have an accident, even if its the other guys fault. Dont be an asshole.

Everyone Being civilized and not being an asshole solves many problems.
View Quote
Not anymore! The louder you scream, the more just you are in your cause.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 4:12:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Someone who’s never actually been on the receiving end of real consequences of actions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Someone who’s never actually been on the receiving end of real consequences of actions.
This!
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 4:13:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 4:13:38 PM EDT
[#27]
good shoot, stretch it out, let him walk and cost the city millions.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 4:14:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Did everyone else know that "MVA" meant motor vehicle accident without reading the OP?  
View Quote
Yes.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 4:14:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Just going by that article, I don't know that he did say anything to the police other than that he was defending himself.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dude is in jail.

let this be a lesson to everyone.  DONT TALK TO THE POLICE WITHOUT AN ATTORNEY PRESENT.

"I was in fear for my life.  I will give a full statement in presence of my attorney"
Just going by that article, I don't know that he did say anything to the police other than that he was defending himself.
You will normally get the free ride no matter what.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 4:16:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Yes, MN does have a castle doctrine.  We do not have a Stand Your Ground.
View Quote
We have the precursor to true Castle Doctrine laws, with little to no protection for a homeowner forced to defend themselves.

Basically Castle Doctrine Lite.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 4:17:05 PM EDT
[#31]
I was wondering when this was going to hit GD.
A few more details in the Strib
Police said Rahim tried to make a right turn from East River Road onto 31st and slid into a ditch. The man in the other vehicle took evasive action and was almost hit by Rahim’s car, police added.
Rahim reversed out of the ditch and hit the man’s vehicle. Rahim and one of his passengers got out of the vehicle and confronted the man, according to police.
View Quote
Rahim appears to have been a first class idiot.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 4:18:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Yeah he's going to need a good lawyer. Both look young and fit. Had he been old and weak, then yeah it might be more reasonable to a jury to shoot. But yeah he shouldn't have pulled a gun and he shouldn't have shot based on verbal threats alone. Of course the dead guy sounds like a total asshole for getting into a strangers face. Messed with the wrong guy that day and ended up dead. But the shooter is probably going to see a bit of jail time most likely. Unless he gets a really good lawyer of course.
View Quote
The lawyer is needed no matter what. It will cost thousands to fix. Having said that, since when do you have to be in poorer condition in order to have a justified shooting.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 4:18:46 PM EDT
[#33]
meh..

but the muslim vs white thing is very poor wording.

one is ideology, religion, doctrine, political... the other is not even ethnic but racial, there are white muslims.

Link Posted: 1/16/2018 4:20:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Sounds like two assholes ran head first into each other.

Stupid event, bad shoot and good arrest.

Not going to cheer a guy being shot because he was muslim even if he was a hot head asshole.  The dude that pulls a gun in a traffic event and shoots someone because "he dared me" needs to go away.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 4:22:33 PM EDT
[#35]
good shoot. Don't start no shit and there won't be no shit.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 4:22:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

No you wouldn't.
View Quote
Yeah I would. I'm not an ARFCOM commando shit talker like most of  you guys. I have actual life experience, not just internet fantasies.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 4:23:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 4:25:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Apples and orange comparison. The shooter had already drawn his weapon and the goblin kept coming.

In that situation, you would still go hands on?
View Quote
Still doesn't warrant a shooting! What don't you understand about that?
If we get an update and this guy goes free, good for.him. He got lucky!
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 4:26:34 PM EDT
[#39]
The shooter was a mutual combatant in a road rage brawl who decided to pull a gun...and then proceeded to kill the other combatant to essentially “settle a dare”.  I don’t think self defense claim will fly in a pissing match between two assholes.

Only question for this case will be how much prison time will the shooter get?
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 4:26:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 4:28:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
There are a few places I refuse to go Minneapolis/MN is high on the list.

Last time we went riding along the Mississippi my wife wanted to cross, we were near Stillwater along 35, just north of Minneapolis. I refused.  The somali shithead population, the horrid Minnesota laws , not worth it.

Gorgeous area, stay on the Wisconsin side.

If dude keeps his mouth shut and gets a good attorney he should walk, not worth the hassle in my life. I avoid shit like this at all costs.  Stuff happens, but God so help me, I'm avoiding it as much as humanly possible.
View Quote
I'll take Minneapolis over many places in Wi, try not to be such a jerk.

https://serialkillershop.com/blogs/true-crime/serial-killers-wisconsin
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 4:29:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I don't think the "I dare you" defense works outside the playground.
View Quote
And GD, or is that repetitive?
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 4:31:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
Had a kid in high school do the same kind of dare.  He dead.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 4:31:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Does he get his virgins?
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 4:32:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Rahim invoked the controversial and seldom used "Double Tap Dare"
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 4:33:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I was wondering when this was going to hit GD.
A few more details in the Strib

Rahim appears to have been a first class idiot.
View Quote
Rahim at driving school:

Also note, almost hitting, then apparently deliberately hitting a vehicle, getting out and getting aggressive is going to seem like a targeted attack by any reasonable person.

Still a good shoot.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 4:37:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 4:38:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I hope the shooter walks and gets his piece back.
View Quote
I always thought it would be funny / ironic if we asked all of you who constantly support things like this cold blooded murder and genocide (you know the 7 posts you will get of the mushroom cloud when you talk about the ME or Detroit hood, etc.) your stance on abortion.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 4:38:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Circumstancial "evidence" at best so far, but shooter gets charged right away since he's not a LEO.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 4:41:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
He dared him though
View Quote
It's not a justified use of force until it escalates to a double dog dare.  Then you practically have to get it on.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top