User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 9:22:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, people that say a busa can't corner can't ride.
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ad/7f/34/ad7f345c299b6905c58794c088845c44.jpg

Baller

I rode busas for a decade, they weren't my track bikes but they were my preferred street bikes.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 9:31:04 PM EDT
[#2]
does the horn play 'la cucaracha'?
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 9:34:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Whenever I see Hayabusa I think of this.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 9:44:45 PM EDT
[#4]
big ole squid sled is all that is.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 9:45:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I can't say that I don't see the temptation of a superbike like this, or a ZX-14R.  But it seems to me that most of the fun starts at speeds that are already well into the illegal territory, and that you would often have a problem with running out of road.  I would think that a bike that is lighter and has a lot of grunt at lower speeds would be more enjoyable most of the time.

But I've never ridden a Hayabusa or ZX-14R, so maybe I could be convinced otherwise.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 9:51:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I can't say that I don't see the temptation of a superbike like this, or a ZX-14R.  But it seems to me that most of the fun starts at speeds that are already well into the illegal territory, and that you would often have a problem with running out of road.  I would think that a bike that is lighter and has a lot of grunt at lower speeds would be more enjoyable most of the time.

But I've never ridden a Hayabusa or ZX-14R, so maybe I could be convinced otherwise.
View Quote

Electronic bike marketing says that’s why everyone should buy electric motorcycles
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 9:51:57 PM EDT
[#7]
There’s a bunch of guys on Instagram into roll racing. It’s like the new thing I guess. We always raced from a stop

Busa’s and Zx14’s are cool they’re just not my style. I’ll take a highly tuned liter bike all day. I bought a wrecked Daytona 675 a few months ago. It’s almost done. Can’t wait to hit some corners on that thing in spring. I’ll likely pick up something new shortly as well.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 9:55:34 PM EDT
[#8]
The Busa is an amazing bike, and changed the game when it came out…….big time.

But that? That thing is gross.

Link Posted: 1/16/2023 9:55:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Baller

I rode busas for a decade, they weren't my track bikes but they were my preferred street bikes.
View Quote
Was fun watching it run around Road America back when Formula Extreme was a class. Think the forks on it cost more than the street bike even sold for.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 9:58:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Was fun watching it run around Road America back when Formula Extreme was a class. Think the forks on it cost more than the street bike even sold for.
View Quote

I used to race CCS, crashed in turn 1 at Road America real bad and hung it up. My track bikes were always ghetto AF b/c we crashed, I'd lose my shit rolling around on something that expensive.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 10:02:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Whenever I see Hayabusa I think of this.
View Quote

Funny… I see this…the stupid worms from the Matrix movie.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 10:03:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I used to race CCS, crashed in turn 1 at Road America real bad and hung it up. My track bikes were always ghetto AF b/c we crashed, I'd lose my shit rolling around on something that expensive.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup same here, I rode nice bikes my first couple track days then bought beaters.

It was a good decision
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 10:03:28 PM EDT
[#13]
That's likely a chick's bike. The bedazzling, insane amount of lowering, and scooped seat all point to 5'2" tall with a 20" inseam.

ETA little-man syndrome still applies.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 10:05:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The pit bull of motorcycles.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
The pit bull of motorcycles.

This.

Quoted:
Ugly fucking piece of ghetto shit.

And this.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 10:07:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The Busa is an amazing bike, and changed the game when it came out…….big time.

But that? That thing is gross.

View Quote

I keep mine stock.  Handling is awful with an extended swingarm, the only one I ever saw crashed in person was extended in the twisties. Went back to see the wreckage.
The long swingarms were initially added for drag racing to keep the front ends down.

Link Posted: 1/16/2023 10:10:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Early ones were never good looking but yes op they were fast as hell. Iirc the fasted production bike in the world?

And that was before you attacked them with a stanly knife

Can’t find a pic of the adverts they had here it was something like ‘made to be tuned with a knife’  in a very un Japanese way they restricted power to meet jap regs with a rubber parts that you could cut out.

Link Posted: 1/16/2023 10:11:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Yup same here, I rode nice bikes my first couple track days then bought beaters.

It was a good decision
View Quote

IDGAF what it looks like... WILL IT PASS TECH?
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 10:13:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
If there was a dude in the gym that smelled like cotton candy vape and was pre-workout raging, that’s his bike.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 10:16:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Extended swingarms are stupid on the street.  I'd prefer a Hayabusa, or even better a ZX-14R (because Kawasaki), for zipping around the countryside.  Lots of pull in the mid-range makes for fun brisk riding.  More size and room than liter bikes.  Add a taller windscreen, bar risers, and some soft bags, and actually go somewhere.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 10:21:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

They both make highly capable sport tourers. You don't have to being doing 180mph to enjoy all that torque. I had a ZX-14 with hard bags and a taller screen, took that thing all over the country  

Quoted:

View Quote

Ouch. Not a corner I'd want to go down in.

Link Posted: 1/16/2023 10:22:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Hayabusa is my dream bike, but only in the stock form.  Guess I'll keep on dreaming.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 10:23:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

It was a good decision
View Quote

“Never bring anything to the track that you aren’t willing to leave behind in a dumpster.”
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 10:25:11 PM EDT
[#23]
My neighbor traded some computer programming work for a new Hayabusa.  It scared him bad enough that he refused to let me ride it, and sold it shortly afterwards.   I guess they must be pretty quick.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 10:28:11 PM EDT
[#24]
I've always wanted one.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 10:31:11 PM EDT
[#25]
The CBR1100XX is the better bike.

The Hayabusa is certainly the more extreme bike.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 10:32:01 PM EDT
[#26]
That bike is all sorts of queered out and has a shitty paint job. That is a %100 certified pile of shit.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 10:35:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

What year(s) you run with CCS? We may know each other somehow. Done CCS since 1999.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 10:35:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was a good decision

Barely

I rode a jank ninja 650 with a home made muffler clamped right to the header for a few years.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 10:36:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

“Never bring anything to the track that you aren’t willing to leave behind in a dumpster.”
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was a good decision

Found that to be the gospel, twice
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 10:38:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
The CBR1100XX is the better bike.

The Hayabusa is certainly the more extreme bike.
View Quote

I really wish the old Blackbird would have gotten a real update at some point. I loved mine but when I wrecked it in '06 it was very outdated in the braking and suspension departments. Still probably the best all-around motorcycle I ever owned.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 10:41:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

What year(s) you run with CCS? We may know each other somehow. Done CCS since 1999.
View Quote

I want to say 2016ish to 2018ish. I was 556 (of course), used to hang out with Sean Kingsbury and Mark Rhodes.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 10:42:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
My neighbor traded some computer programming work for a new Hayabusa.  It scared him bad enough that he refused to let me ride it, and sold it shortly afterwards.   I guess they must be pretty quick.
View Quote

They are fast AF, they aren't trying to kill you like mid 00 through mid teens liter bikes are though.

I'd put a noob on a hayabusa or zx14 long before I would a ~2010 R1.

Modern electronics have made those insane bikes much more manageable.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 10:44:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Ouch. Not a corner I'd want to go down in.

View Quote

Yeah, that huge straight doesn't help either. I took the corner waaay too hot, decided to send it instead of going off into the grass, but chopped the throttle when I hit the tiger teeth and went OTB. Dicked up my shoulder and ankle real bad, still walk with a cane.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 10:45:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

It was a good decision
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was a good decision

My "new" track bike is an 2009 R6.... Because parts are plentiful and cheap!

I always wanted a B-King (naked Hayabusa) for a street bike
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 10:45:49 PM EDT
[#35]

My 2001 i had.  Loved this bike.  Put well over 80k miles on it going on different trips/rides.  The last few years is when i stretched it and added the longer tail.  Past that, it had cams, ti header with cf muffler, gutted air box, and the power commander/tune.  I ran nitrous for alittle bit but stopped tracking it.  Front nose is cf, sides and tail is fiberglass.  Put on the 99 sub frame and see through clutch cover.  Again, fun bike. Stupid fast.  Atleast back then.  Now, these new bikes are just insanely quick.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 10:47:26 PM EDT
[#36]
i like 22 in this livery

Link Posted: 1/16/2023 10:50:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was a good decision

Yup. I have a pile of parts for 07 gsxr750 if somebody needs some.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 10:52:24 PM EDT
[#38]

I don’t have much use for a bike in this category, but they aren’t bad looking and I’d rock it if needed.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 10:53:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

R6s are where it's at because parts. My last track bike was a 600 CBR, was going to switch to the R6 because that's what my buddies all rode and having buckets of spare parts on hand is a lot easier than scouring the paddock like a lot lizard.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 10:56:55 PM EDT
[#40]
It's not complete unless the rider is wearing a WWI German helmet. DAS BUSA!!!!!! SVRider had a pretty good photo thread once.

But like the man said,  supra, look for the douche who smells like cotton candy vape.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 10:57:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Did you spot him?
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 10:59:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Lots of hate for someone expressing their individuality...  That said,, mine is stock length with the correct rate springs installed.  Pilot road 5 tires are fantastic for long trips to places that are curvy.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 11:01:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Extended swingarm on a "cafe racer"? That term must not mean what is used to.

Longer swingarms are pointless on anything other than a dedicated drag bike. A lot of engineering goes into the OEM wheelbase.
View Quote

Swing and a miss!  Extended swingarms are also very necessary on hill climbers.

Whenever I see a Hayabusa I assume the rider has no idea what they are doing.  Probably not true in a lot of cases, but there seems to be a correlation there.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 11:01:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Flat bill cap bike.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 11:02:06 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Lots of hate for someone expressing their individuality...
View Quote

username checks out
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 11:04:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Dude probably rides rides wearing a wife beater, shorts and flip flops.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 11:04:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
There’s a bunch of guys on Instagram into roll racing. It’s like the new thing I guess. We always raced from a stop

Busa’s and Zx14’s are cool they’re just not my style. I’ll take a highly tuned liter bike all day. I bought a wrecked Daytona 675 a few months ago. It’s almost done. Can’t wait to hit some corners on that thing in spring. I’ll likely pick up something new shortly as well.
View Quote

You should do a restoration thread on the Daytona.  I’d like to see that.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 11:05:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Swing and a miss!  Extended swingarms are also very necessary on hill climbers.
View Quote

Meh, hill climbing is just a drag race up a hill.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 11:11:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

username checks out
View Quote

Sure does!  

Have you even seen a Busa pull a trailer?  The one in my avatar pulls a single wheel trailer to anywhere it's curvy then I and the wife tear it up until the rear tire gets snotty and we have to park for a while it and let the tire cool down.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 11:11:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Meh, hill climbing is just a drag race up a hill.
View Quote

Haha true
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top