BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 9:46:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

A+

The cars, tracks, and format don't mean a thing if I don't care who wins.  

Tony Stewart was our guy.  Before my gf and I even met we both rooted for Tony so that made it fun for us.  When he retired she jumped to Chase and I've spent the last few years just rooting for Chase by default.  

Trackhouse changed that for me.  I like Justin Marks and how he runs the team.  I like that Pitbull is part owner.  I liked getting in as a fan on the ground floor.  I like seeing Ross and Daniel doing well.  I like Ross's controversies.  I like Project 91.  I like all of it, I'm in.  

IDGAF about NASCAR's wokeness.  We go to a few races a year.  I don't notice any difference between now and our first in 2016.  The company I work for did all the D&I stuff too last year..know what changed in my day to day?  Not a thing.  But was I supposed to quit over it?

View Quote

You don’t notice the wokeness because your acclimated to it.  Watch some old pre 2000 Nascar on YouTube.  Very different and much better.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 9:49:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Come on down to Wilkesboro
View Quote

Leaving North Wilkesboro was another bad NASCAR decision, they could’ve worked something out between the owners.  Good to hear the track is back open and having races this month.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 9:51:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Leaving North Wilkesboro was another bad NASCAR decision, they could’ve worked something out between the owners.  Good to hear the track is back open and having races this month.
View Quote

No one was showing up the last few years. The track didn’t reinvest any money into facilities.

It’s great they’re trying to bring it back though.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 10:00:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I used to live about 2 miles from Texas Motor Speedway. It used be an absolute zoo like you said. Back when I was still racing dirt bikes, I would look for a race on any circuit that I could run just to get away. Now you barely notice. I’ve heard rumors of TMS want to get rid of all the stands on the back stretch because of attendance.
View Quote

Bristol removed several tiers of seats for that same reason. Tickets used to have to be bought a year or more in advance. Now you can buy them at the gate.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 10:09:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

...Name an American sport that hasn't gone woke...
View Quote

CBS and CBS Sports carry professional bull riding.
RFD-TV is the go-to channel for rodeos.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 10:15:24 AM EDT
[#6]
I go to 4-5 races/year. Been a fan for about 30 years. Yeah, woke scrap sucks but the heart is still there.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 10:17:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Bristol removed several tiers of seats for that same reason. Tickets used to have to be bought a year or more in advance. Now you can buy them at the gate.
View Quote

People used to leave seats in their wills for Bristol. That changed when they repaved the track to two lanes. Headed their next month for my 24th year in a row.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 10:19:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Turn to the left sometimes.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 10:23:48 AM EDT
[#9]
When they turned Cup into a spec series, they killed it, along with stage racing, and the current points system.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 10:27:23 AM EDT
[#10]
There was a time for NASCAR...

Link Posted: 8/7/2022 10:29:30 AM EDT
[#11]
It's not because of being woke. Although that is the icing on the cake. Nascar issues started a long time ago. Taking the sport away from the South and your fan base and expanding into the north and west, slowly making all of the cars the same, no real makes anymore (Ford, Chevy, Dodge) , it's like driving IROC cars, and then the stage racing to "increase drama and action" which means trying to increase crashes and cautions.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 10:41:16 AM EDT
[#12]
I was never a huge diehard fan, but used to watch pretty regularly

I haven’t watched a race in probably 6-7 years

But I am going to Daytona this February.

Just for the spectacle of it all.

I am sure it has changed a lot, but still something I’ve always wanted to do.

Plus I’m going with my uncles and step dad. All of whom are getting older.

We went together to the Indy 500 back in 2016 ish
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 10:41:36 AM EDT
[#13]
I used to really be into stock car racing, early to late 60's, when the were actually cars
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 10:46:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Never watched it, but it seems they really trashed their loyal fans for the casuals that won't spend any money with them.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 10:51:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
It's not because of being woke. Although that is the icing on the cake. Nascar issues started a long time ago. Taking the sport away from the South and your fan base and expanding into the north and west, slowly making all of the cars the same, no real makes anymore (Ford, Chevy, Dodge) , it's like driving IROC cars, and then the stage racing to "increase drama and action" which means trying to increase crashes and cautions.
View Quote

I've been a part of several marketing studies and the fan message is always the same... "You took races away from core fans in the south. Drivers have to be woke pc communicators so they don't face sponsor issues, driven by complaining Karens."
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 11:01:44 AM EDT
[#16]
I stopped watching NASCAR years ago.  It is total shit now.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 11:09:46 AM EDT
[#17]
I started watching NASCAR in the early 80's, to me, that was peak NASCAR. A lot of the 70's legends, The King, Bobby Allison, Cale Yarborough, Buddy Baker were still driving and then you had Dale Earnhardt, Rusty Wallace, Mark Martin, Tim Richmond, Harry Gant, Neil Bonnett, Bill Elliott, Darrell Waltrip, Geoff Bodine and so on. They were great drivers with real personalities, not twinkle-toed, milque toast, spokes-models, like you have today.

The rules were much better, there was no "lucky dog" if you wanted to get back on the lead lap, you earned it, and some went on to win the race after that. The restrictor plates were the beginning of the end and Ricky Rudd killing the crew member when he spun on pit row in Atlanta was the final nail in the coffin of what was amazing racing. Now we have a shitshow with heats and crap, WTF? I haven't watched a race in  20 years and I don't miss it.

Link Posted: 8/7/2022 11:11:23 AM EDT
[#18]
WOKECAR racing.  No thanks
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 11:12:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

There already is one. Bubba Wallace.

He's black, he's a tranny, and he's a whiny pussy.

Trifecta poster child for woke nascar.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm wondering when the first tranny driver will surface

He has the fastest lap time .
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 11:15:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

NASCAR would absolutely allow him to cheat to win if they could find a way to get away with it and the other drivers to keep their mouths shut.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 11:23:10 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I thought they were doing great financially and much better overall.
View Quote

In the last few years they have removed about a million seats from the tracks Daytona to Atlanta and every place they go.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 11:23:27 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Is this actual racing - or qualifying?    

The only time I saw Bubba Wallace in the front of the pack was when they all held hands and sang in unity after he was triggered by a garage pull.

Link Posted: 8/7/2022 11:26:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Back in the 90s it was common to sit in race traffic for at least a couple hours going to and from the race. Now it’s a piece of cake getting in and out.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 11:27:26 AM EDT
[#24]
I generally love all Motorsports, from tractor pulls to Formula 1. I drifted away from NASCAR when they switched to the stupid playoff thing for the championship.  I tried to watch a NASCAR race earlier this year, and the whole stage thing was a giant cup of WTF? I made a thread on here and someone explained it to me. But that was a while ago and I forgot. Why? Because it’s stupid and not intuitive. If they want to have stages, just have more, shorter races.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 11:29:23 AM EDT
[#25]
Eh. They went woke, and they are going broke but NASCAR has been in decline for years.

It’s the professional wrestling of motor sports, and frankly it’s boring. Left turn left turn left turn.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 11:29:27 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

North Wilkesboro is reopening with $14 million in Covid funds
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 11:29:59 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

The only time I saw Bubba Wallace in the front of the pack was when they all held hands and sang in unity after he was triggered by a garage pull.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He won a race last year  although he was not in the running so it didn't help.

Link Posted: 8/7/2022 11:30:56 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I’ve never been a NASCAR fan but it is (was) a definite American institution with a lot of tradition and cultural impact.  Real Americana.  
Everyone saying “good” is missing the point that the woke agenda has destroyed another facet of real America.  
This wasn’t an accident.  The NASCAR leadership isn’t out of touch with their base.  They know exactly what they’re doing and it worked.  Same as Boy Scouts of America and many other traditional American institutions.  
“Get woke go broke” is their goal.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 11:31:39 AM EDT
[#29]
Nascar died with Dale.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 11:32:32 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
I can think of a likely candidate
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/7/2022 11:33:41 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
20 years ago my wife and I were avid NASCAR fans. Now we don't even turn on the TV for the local race and we live literally within earshot of Bristol Motor Speedway.

Back then Bristol was jam packed with fans and it was all you could do to walk through the supermarkets for the fans and the cases of beer in the aisles. Now it's about the same as any other weekend.
View Quote

Bristol was awesome back in the day.
This was taken 10 years ago, the last time I went. Healthy crowd back then.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/7/2022 11:33:43 AM EDT
[#32]
This is the first time in two years the Canadians can attend due to the Wuhan Red Death. Canadian race fans were a big part of that crowd, maybe their converted school buses and motor homes wouldn’t start?
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 11:36:02 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

It’s coming back!
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 11:37:38 AM EDT
[#34]
The average testosterone levels of this country are a fraction of what they were in the 60’s -70’s.

Look around
25 year olds still have a baby face.

Everyone is gay.

Link Posted: 8/7/2022 11:41:41 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

And he will turn that pole position in to a smoldering wreck.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 11:58:12 AM EDT
[#36]
These woke companies have to decide which half of the country would prove to be more profitable.
I guess they feel that Democrats have all the money, and the younger generation is mostly woke.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 1:08:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Part of the problem per Tony Stewart (1 minute long):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ojyv_nO1kY

View Quote

Do you have the link to that whole interview? I had forgotten about Kyle Petty's interviews. While Dale Jr. does a good job, Kyle blows him out of the water.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 1:17:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

https://s.hdnux.com/photos/44/52/31/9610838/3/920x920.jpg

https://s.hdnux.com/photos/60/07/71/12615290/3/rawImage.jpg
CBS and CBS Sports carry professional bull riding.
RFD-TV is the go-to channel for rodeos.
View Quote

Sure about that?

https://bladed.scottexteriors.com/news/pride-rodeos/
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 1:24:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Haven't been to a Nascar race in 17 years. Went to my local dirt track last night to watch real sprint cars and had a great time.https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/504555/FB_IMG_1659813372339-2479431.jpg
View Quote

We have dirt track in town, Sprint cars are WAY more entertaining than NASCAR ever could be.

I've been to Indy several times. Watched Castroneves climb the fence and Weldon win after a huge wreck in turn 4. Love Indy, but dirt track is just good fun. And honestly I think it takes more balls to throw a 900 HP sprint car around a track.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 1:28:42 PM EDT
[#41]
NASCAR can be saved. I was on a touring/busch team. I know a lot of the insiders to this day. The greed of the France family killed it. Always trying to find a way to better market instead of focusing on the target audience.

I have not watched a race in a decade. 20 years ago I was at most of them.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 1:34:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Did your girlfriend show as much bush as that picture did?
View Quote

No. I would rate her bush as moderate. Very average for the time.

But... those were the days of the bush. I saw some that could refurbish a cast iron skillet.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 1:35:37 PM EDT
[#43]
If the cars aren't stock then what's the point?
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 1:45:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Do you have the link to that whole interview? I had forgotten about Kyle Petty's interviews. While Dale Jr. does a good job, Kyle blows him out of the water.
View Quote

Maybe it's an excerpt from this one:

Tony Stewart regaining confidence after leaving NASCAR I NBC Sports
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 2:20:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Maybe it's an excerpt from this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxMdXsq9vKY
View Quote

thanks. Good interview and subscribed.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 2:24:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I go to 4-5 races/year. Been a fan for about 30 years. Yeah, woke scrap sucks but the heart is still there.
View Quote

Did you buy the nascar pride shirts and hats?
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 2:28:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Stages?  

That ain’t racing.  

F Napcar
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 2:30:21 PM EDT
[#48]
It's been in decline for years before the wokeness. They pretty much priced themselves out of reach for many of their traditional fan base.
The wokeness is a failing attempt to attract a new fan base. But hey, at least it is further alienating the original base.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 7:50:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I’m wondering when the first tranny driver will surface
View Quote

wasn't that dan patrick?
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 7:59:28 PM EDT
[#50]
I wouldn't go if the tickets and snacks were free.  
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top