Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 12:49:07 PM EDT
[#1]
This seems like the 2020 preemptive version of the 2002 book: Shakedown: Exposing The Real Jesse Jackson

Of course, that could just be my cynicism talking

Please don't call us racist Nazis and/or burn our corporate HQ or local franchises to the ground ...

Link Posted: 6/8/2020 12:50:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That is not good enough.  If you aren't actively working to fix the wealth, education, and crime differences between whites and blacks then you are still the problem.  Also reparations on are the way.  A local company sent out their virtue signaling email today and they are giving away free memberships to blacks in order to atone for the terrible life their ancestors had.

View Quote

What business are they in?
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 12:53:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 12:58:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I’m being serious.

Start a campaign to have the upper managements/CEO/etc salaries slashed in half for social justice.

Post some garbage gobbly-goop propaganda about black Americans earning so little and ways that leadership can lead by example lol.

Post some of the crazy shit their recommended authors have tweeted and try to get the big wigs to follow along lol.

Master troll.
View Quote

That’s not a bad idea at all.   It would be best done through an intermediary such, such as a Union.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 1:11:01 PM EDT
[#5]
“I believe this is creating a hostile work environment”  would be a nice phone call to a big law firm

Just sayin...
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 1:13:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 1:15:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 1:20:01 PM EDT
[#8]
I didn't know it was racism that killed George Floyd.  Did we find some racist remarks or behavior from the fuck stick cop?

Is it also racist when a black cop kills a white crook?
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 1:20:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is not good enough.  If you aren't actively working to fix the wealth, education, and crime differences between whites and blacks then you are still the problem.  Also reparations on are the way.  A local company sent out their virtue signaling email today and they are giving away free memberships to blacks in order to atone for the terrible life their ancestors had.

An indoor rock climbing gym.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 1:22:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Here's all the virtue signalling I got from my company.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/8/2020 1:24:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Something's fucky.  These are senior people at a large investment bank, which means they are extremely intelligent, sociopathic, and opportunistic.  They would never write anything that would jeopardize their careers, and there aren't too many levels above them.

Something is changing in the high levels of banking and government.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
A family member’s employer sent out similar crap, including a quote by American Communist Party VP candidate Angela Davis.

Honk honk.

The whole this a big communist Trojan horse.

I'd figure out a way to troll them on the call.

"I'd like to take a minute to recognize some more victims of police violence, Daniel Shaver and Kelly Thomas." Then maybe screen share their pictures after everyone says how terrible two more black men were killed that they didn't even know about.

Something's fucky.  These are senior people at a large investment bank, which means they are extremely intelligent, sociopathic, and opportunistic.  They would never write anything that would jeopardize their careers, and there aren't too many levels above them.

Link Posted: 6/8/2020 1:25:28 PM EDT
[#12]
I'd be fired if I went to that meeting
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 1:27:32 PM EDT
[#13]
I would be asking for "Reparations compensation package" .
When they say " BUT BUT you aren't a black ...."
I'd point my finger and say " THAT IS exactly what a racist would say, you never met my family! "
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 1:30:39 PM EDT
[#14]
I've been getting hammered by this stuff since last Monday. I've heard "systemic racism" about a thousand times on conference calls and in work emails. The company talked about giving people participating in the protests extra PTO time, and was even looking into paying their bail if they get arrested, but I think they actually called that off after the legal team got involved. There are people happily posting links to anti-white news articles in the company chat channels. On Friday HR sent out an email that not only mentioned the systemic racism in our government institutions, but also the white supremacy in our government.

We were told that a higher up that was recently fired would be replaced by someone "more diverse", and the company also regretted hiring some of the recent white males on a new project that is ramping up. They made it clear in so many words that white males will not have any more upward mobility in the company.

I decided over the weekend I won't participate in any more of these "safe space" meetings. If that becomes a problem I will resign. I spent yesterday updating my resume and researching what companies are hiring right now so I can have an exit plan.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 1:33:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hehe That’s not a bad idea. It gets a new demographic in the door.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 1:34:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'm still waiting for proof that this was a racial motivated killing...
View Quote

I got called a racist for asking that very question.  Where is the data that proves a racially motivated killing being shown here with that incident?  Has that motive been established?  White on Black murder doesn't mean it was racially motivated, does it?  Or I guess in today's clown world that is enough.    So what we will get is that no one of another race will interact with anyone of the other race.  Segregation will come back to the land to keep everyone safe.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 1:36:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I am pretty confident that stuff like this is just virtue signaling and empty words.

Most companies just want the APPEARANCE of “doing something” - mostly for the purpose of being able to say that they did something.

Nobody actually cares, and nothing is actually going to change.

Just roll with it.  
View Quote

Bingo.  Unless you see higher ups proposing actions that would noticeably diminish the bottom line it’s just virtue signaling.  It’s the New Thing to be dealt with now that COVID19 is the Old Thing.  Something will come along to be the New Thing soon.

I see lots of posts on social media echoing similar themes.  I have yet to see anyone tack on a comment about how they demand their taxes increase to fund some of that initiatives.  Or how they hope their kid should be moved from their ultra high performing suburban school to an inner city, underperforming school so their kid can experience the culture.

Link Posted: 6/8/2020 1:37:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I am pretty confident that stuff like this is just virtue signaling and empty words.

Most companies just want the APPEARANCE of “doing something” - mostly for the purpose of being able to say that they did something.

Just roll with it.  
View Quote

I completely agree with this.

We will see when there is no follow-through on any of these promises... People have a short attention span and much of this will be forgotten sooner than later.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 1:38:05 PM EDT
[#19]
When did the floyd death go from incompetence to racism?
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 1:38:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I've been getting hammered by this stuff since last Monday. I've heard "systemic racism" about a thousand times on conference calls and in work emails. The company talked about giving people participating in the protests extra PTO time, and was even looking into paying their bail if they get arrested, but I think they actually called that off after the legal team got involved. There are people happily posting links to anti-white news articles in the company chat channels. On Friday HR sent out an email that not only mentioned the systemic racism in our government institutions, but also the white supremacy in our government.

We were told that a higher up that was recently fired would be replaced by someone "more diverse", and the company also regretted hiring some of the recent white males on a new project that is ramping up. They made it clear in so many words that white males will not have any more upward mobility in the company.

I decided over the weekend I won't participate in any more of these "safe space" meetings. If that becomes a problem I will resign. I spent yesterday updating my resume and researching what companies are hiring right now so I can have an exit plan.
View Quote

You should find a new job.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 1:39:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

what. the. fuck.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 1:43:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
When did the floyd death go from incompetence to racism?
View Quote

09/22/1862

Link Posted: 6/8/2020 1:43:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

what. the. fuck.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

what. the. fuck.

Fucking lol, clown world fo sho.  

a half-way competent labor/employment plaintiff attorney should be able to shred that company for this:

1.  "HR sent out an email that not only mentioned the systemic racism in our government institutions, but also the white supremacy in our government."

and

2.  "the company also regretted hiring some of the recent white males on a new project that is ramping up. They made it clear in so many words that white males will not have any more upward mobility in the company."

I'd also say "file an EEOC complaint" but by the time it gets anywhere it will be under a Democrat administration...
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 1:51:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Leave. And by that I mean Go Galt.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 1:52:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Hehe That's not a bad idea. It gets a new demographic in the door.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hehe That's not a bad idea. It gets a new demographic in the door.
This is part of their email.

I'm not even capable of coming to terms with the experiences the minority population has on a daily basis. I am too cowardly to feel that level of threat, to force myself to sit with and physically live through that with those affected. It's a lie people like me have created to cocoon ourselves in our white privilege safety net. I don't hate anyone, so I'm not a part of the problem. And if I'm not a part of the problem, I can't be a part of the solution.

Bullshit. I'm listening this time. I'm feeling this time. I'm admitting fault this time. I'm taking responsibility for the hundreds of years of oppression. I am here because my ancestors used human beings as stepping stones or worse. Now I owe it, even as a single individual, to provide a leg up to the people who need it. I can take action and let someone step on me for once to achieve what they deserve as a HUMAN, let alone what they deserve following horrific abuse.

Link Posted: 6/8/2020 1:54:52 PM EDT
[#26]
I got the "Sender requires a read receipt" on company e-mail and deleted it without saying yes last week. Still no word on it...
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 1:55:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Just roll with it.  
View Quote

yup.  appearing racist is a bigger liability than appearing overzealous.

this seems like the result of a simple benefit to cost calculation.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 1:57:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Working on it. Trying to get over depression brought on because the job I worked so fucking hard to get and was enjoying so much has suddenly turned into this. If I told you what industry this is in, your head would fucking explode. I'll just say this is public sector, and I'm being told there are laws that encourage them hiring minorities over whites so there's nothing I can do about it.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 2:03:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Easy To Be Hard - 3 Dog Night

three dog night - easy to be hard

Link Posted: 6/8/2020 2:03:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I got the "Sender requires a read receipt" on company e-mail and deleted it without saying yes last week. Still no word on it...
View Quote

Lol.  Sender may have gottten a receipt that said "deleted without reading."
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 2:04:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

a half-way competent labor/employment plaintiff attorney should be able to shred that company for this:

1.  "HR sent out an email that not only mentioned the systemic racism in our government institutions, but also the white supremacy in our government."

and

2.  "the company also regretted hiring some of the recent white males on a new project that is ramping up. They made it clear in so many words that white males will not have any more upward mobility in the company."

I'd also say "file an EEOC complaint" but by the time it gets anywhere it will be under a Democrat administration...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

what. the. fuck.

and

How well did that work out for James Damore? I don't have the kind of FU money to pay the lawyer fees and become blacklisted from my industry.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 2:09:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
When your c-suite tells you to follow Shaun King on instagram... surely there are greener pastures.
View Quote

No kidding.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 2:14:18 PM EDT
[#33]
American Tomahawk Company has the right idea on their "We're So Sorry" page.
https://www.americantomahawk.com
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 2:17:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
American Tomahawk Company has the right idea on their "We're So Sorry" page.
https://www.americantomahawk.com
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/8/2020 2:20:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Pretty standard, really.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 2:21:14 PM EDT
[#36]
The diversity hires I witnessed in my corporate career would flaunt their black privilege by doing nothing useful behind closed office doors and daring to be fired when they knew they were untouchable because of HR racial quotas.

The promotion of blacks beyond their level of education, intelligence and experience robbed many better qualified whites and asians of deserved promotions.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 2:35:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
A family member’s employer sent out similar crap, including a quote by American Communist Party VP candidate Angela Davis.

Honk honk.

"I'd like to take a minute to recognize some more victims of police violence, Daniel Shaver and Kelly Thomas." Then maybe screen share their pictures after everyone says how terrible two more black men were killed that they didn't even know about.

Consider your hiring practices.  I bet it’s an extension of something that has been happening for a long time.  From what I see in the industry, talented female and minority candidates are twice as sought after as white male candidates of the same caliber, even though the company is mostly white males.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 2:36:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Seems like the creation of a Hostile Work Environment should one choose to disagree with their assessment.
View Quote

That's exactly what it is. And since my views are in direct opposition of theirs and their virtue signaling narrative I would become a target if I spoke up, which any other time is a serious no no on their part. Thats why I do not participate in any discussion about this, and they've tried to have discussions. I'm not going to be the guy who tries a wrongful termination lawsuit when they figure out how right wing I am and subsequently find a way to terminate me for it
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 2:39:23 PM EDT
[#39]
Bankers?  Ask them to contribute cash to BLM.  That'll shut them up.  
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 2:50:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Here's mine. I particularly liked where they urged me to donate to groups that consider me to be a member of "hate groups".

Link Posted: 6/8/2020 3:02:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Just roll with it.  
View Quote

Like you’d know

Anyways, they pretty see no real downside to this internal message.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 3:10:54 PM EDT
[#42]
If senior leadership on the top floor are sending you the email, ignore it and keep cashing that check.

If your boss is telling you, it’s time to update your resume. Who wants to deal with that on a daily basis.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 3:53:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Claim you are trans-racial.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x85u_9Qlh1U
View Quote

Felon DeGenneres.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 5:29:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
If senior leadership on the top floor are sending you the email, ignore it and keep cashing that check.

If your boss is telling you, it’s time to update your resume. Who wants to deal with that on a daily basis.
View Quote

I'll never forget the first time I met my (newest) boss in person.

He was going on about one of our vendors who suck, but pretty much have their market cornered so we have to deal with them.

"They're this big, gigantic, powerful monster nobody can do anything about, kind of like the NRA."

Great first impression bubba
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 5:32:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Working on it. Trying to get over depression brought on because the job I worked so fucking hard to get and was enjoying so much has suddenly turned into this. If I told you what industry this is in, your head would fucking explode. I'll just say this is public sector, and I'm being told there are laws that encourage them hiring minorities over whites so there's nothing I can do about it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've been through that with this job.  There is a grieving process when a dream becomes a goal, is accomplished, and then murdered by assclowns.  

I might have more advice depending on what exactly is bothering you about making a change.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 5:35:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Find a new job.

Forced socialized "re-education" is not a good thing.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 5:39:36 PM EDT
[#47]
My employer donates to the Southern Poverty Law Center.

Beat that.

Link Posted: 6/8/2020 5:47:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Eight years in and this is the first time the upper echelon is writing anything like this .  They're getting bolder.

Email below with this attachment: https://hbr.org/2020/06/u-s-businesses-must-take-meaningful-action-against-racism

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/300350/Screen_Shot_2020-06-08_at_11_11_50_png-1452664.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/300350/Screen_Shot_2020-06-08_at_10_50_16_png-1452622.JPG

Second email from different HWhiteIC:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/300350/Screen_Shot_2020-06-08_at_11_15_26_png-1452666.JPG

The emails say this all starts with dialogue, and you are all my friends and people of the community, so I take that to mean it can be posted here for discussion. Please share your opinions with me so I can learn about racisms.
View Quote

Take some free personal time.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 6:06:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I think this is an excellent time to remain behind cover with one's head down.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"I believe this is creating a hostile work environment"  would be a nice phone call to a big law firm

Just sayin...
I think this is an excellent time to remain behind cover with one's head down.

Exactly. This is not the hill I want to die on.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 8:02:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Don't forget Andrew Finch.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Honk honk.

Don't forget Andrew Finch.

And don’t forget Dylan Noble.  
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top