BCM
User Panel

Page / 24
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 10:12:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Experience with "most areas"?

Now if you are talking rural with no multitude of agencies, you may be right.

So, you are now taking legal advice from cops? Because GD doesn't like that
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In most areas, 911 centers can communicate with all LEOs in an area. As is posted above, when LEO agencies are suggesting calling 911 to verify the authenticity of a vehicle, that tells you that it is not only legal, but advisable.

Experience with "most areas"?

Now if you are talking rural with no multitude of agencies, you may be right.

So, you are now taking legal advice from cops? Because GD doesn't like that

Taking advice from the legal department that approved the message telling people to verify the authenticity of the person trying to pull you over is more like it. And, yes, in most areas, 911 centers can communicate with all LEOs in the area by design. There's still interoperability problems that FEMA/CISA are trying to eliminate but it's getting better.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 10:12:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Sue.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 10:15:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 10:18:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

You should learn about search & seizure laws.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

For what?

Violating civil rights. You should do some research on what is and is not legal.

You should learn about search & seizure laws.

Extending a traffic stop beyond reasonable time to issue a ticket is a violation of civil rights per the Supreme Court.

Of course the cops can lie in order to get their way. Doesn't always work out for them in federal courts.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 10:19:41 AM EDT
[#5]
"He should be thankful they didn't have a few thousand dollars in cash. That would be gone now".

Agree, if he had a few K in savings with him they would have 'confiscated' it.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 10:20:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/bubbles_zps5bf5952f_GIF-110.gif

That flat isn't true. I have bred and trained K9s for over 11 years. Does it happen? yes. Is it common? no. And it is becoming less and less common as the demand for single purpose narcotics dogs is way down. And I have not trained a dog on pot in almost 3 years. Explosives, and the chemicals in meth manufacturing has become far more common in the last couple years by a factor of 2 to 1.

To put into perspective of what I do and what happens. For 15 weeks, the new handlers are trained and the dogs are trained to what the department wants. 85% of the training is with the handlers. The dogs will repeat a behavior 100% of the time when the handler is consistent. If the handler is shit, the dog will be shit. If the handler is is solid, the dog will be solid. It is as simple as that. A well trained dog will have no idea what a command is to "hit" on command. That is something the handler instilled in the dog, and is the failing/bad motive of a handler.

If that behavior is identified in the 15 week course, that dog is flunked out.

The dogs are reliable to be accurate, and I have testified in court a dozen times to that effect. The motives of the officers/handlers can absolutely swing the dogs one way or another.

It is NOT the dogs. It is the handlers. And all of you Lazy-boy Monday morning quarterbacks have no idea what you are talking about.

View Quote

I feel like we may know a couple of the same people.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 10:20:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Safer than actually making a difference.
View Quote

I have been shot at twice on interdiction stops. If you think those running drugs are just friendly mules and the cartels are like the Hells Angels and are just great pillars in our community helping the needy children with toy drives, you are in need of a new compass.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 10:24:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I got pulled over on my way to a gun match.  Cop had a ride along individual with him in passenger seat.  He tripped out that I had two pistols in my car.  Why do you need two pistols?  Cuz its my back up in case my primary fails.  Nope.

He calls in 3 other units & searches my car.  1 hour of searching & found...nothing. Let me go with a "stern warning" to slow down & to be mindful of how I carry guns in my car. Ughm.  They were in gun bags in a tacticool range bag.  Unloaded.  No magazines in them.

I complained to the Sgt. in charge but, of course, nothing came of it.

Definitely some police out there wanting to show off & get glory for their lot in life.
View Quote

I've been pulled over quite a few times with machine guns on the passenger seat. Never had a bad interaction. Hell I went thru the gate at hoover dam and told them I had multiple guns in the vehicle and didn't see the no firearms sign and offered to turn around and leave and they were fine with it.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 10:24:58 AM EDT
[#9]
I went through Big Sky yesterday and noted their cop cars are all white, different makes/models and have no visible markers.  

Link Posted: 5/31/2023 10:27:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I have been shot at twice on interdiction stops. If you think those running drugs are just friendly mules and the cartels are like the Hells Angels and are just great pillars in our community helping the needy children with toy drives, you are in need of a new compass.
View Quote

People stop giving a shit when they're not the problem, but get subjected to the solution anyway.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 10:29:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

That flat isn't true. I have bred and trained K9s for over 11 years. Does it happen? yes. Is it common? no. And it is becoming less and less common as the demand for single purpose narcotics dogs is way down. And I have not trained a dog on pot in almost 3 years. Explosives, and the chemicals in meth manufacturing has become far more common in the last couple years by a factor of 2 to 1.

To put into perspective of what I do and what happens. For 15 weeks, the new handlers are trained and the dogs are trained to what the department wants. 85% of the training is with the handlers. The dogs will repeat a behavior 100% of the time when the handler is consistent. If the handler is shit, the dog will be shit. If the handler is is solid, the dog will be solid. It is as simple as that. A well trained dog will have no idea what a command is to "hit" on command. That is something the handler instilled in the dog, and is the failing/bad motive of a handler.

The dogs are reliable to be accurate, and I have testified in court a dozen times to that effect. The motives of the officers/handlers can absolutely swing the dogs one way or another.

It is NOT the dogs. It is the handlers. And all of you Lazy-boy Monday morning quarterbacks have no idea what you are talking about.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dogs are incredibly unreliable.

Depends on what you mean by reliable.  I believe there isn't a dog out there who won't hit on whatever the handler wants.

Accepting your statement as correct, why is the dog "flunked out" and not the handler?
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 10:37:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Damn, I thought it would be a much higher percentage of being right. Could you imagine being employed at a job with that kind of failure rate? Ouch.  That is a lot of people being fucked with.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Depends on what you mean by reliable.  I believe there isn't a dog out there who won't hit on whatever the handler wants.

Okay.  How many false positives are encountered/acceptable?  And please don’t say, “well, of course we strive for zero, but…” Thanks.

Depends on the source material. Here, get educated: https://www.uspcak9.com/assets/RULES/All%20Rules%20Combined%20%202022.pdf

Thanks for sharing that.  For certification 70% of points is passing.  

How are the statistics in the real world?  What percent of hits results in not finding contraband?

Yep, but having been around the dogs for as long as I have, that 30% is there mostly due to handler issues and inconsistency (nervous during a cert. trial, etc.).

In the real world, region and location will largely play into the statistics. And I have not seen any hard data, I would guess somewhere in the neighborhood half of K9 deployments end up in a search (indication from dog), and of those I would venture to ballpark 30-40% do not find anything of significance.

I am all for eliminating Narcotic K9s all together. Do not get me wrong, I agree they are misused. People need to know it is not the dog trying to hook up someone on the side of the road. The dogs are great tools, no different than a firearm. We all love to point out that guns do not kill people, people do. K9 are no different. The K9s are not out there trying to find drugs, they want to smell for something, and get to play with a tug. They do not know drugs are illegal. They know if they smell meth, they platz, the get told they are a good boy, gets pets, and get to play with a tug.

Shitty handlers can make the most well trained K9 look like shit. And good handlers can make a mediocre dog look great.

Damn, I thought it would be a much higher percentage of being right. Could you imagine being employed at a job with that kind of failure rate? Ouch.  That is a lot of people being fucked with.

I think meteorologists are wrong more.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 10:39:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Accepting your statement as correct, why is the dog "flunked out" and not the handler?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Handlers are generally reassigned to their previous duties. But that is their departments call. Kind of hard to be a K9 team with no certified K9. Handlers will also lose their K9s after Certification, and the dog will get assigned to another officer, and then they need to go through the Certification process again. I have one team currently in that situation. 3 dogs have been flunked out, and one officer had his dog taken away, and he was suspended. In the last 10 weeks.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 10:41:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

No, the cartel guys are the worst of society - but the drug war created them.

One of the many reasons I despise the drug war is precisely because apart from the drug war the cartels and the dealers who serve no useful function in society other than peddling drugs, and they only do well at that because they don't mind living outside of 'polite' society - would starve to death. Or find honest work.

I'd be fine with either.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 10:42:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Law enforcement tends to attract some of the best people and a bunch of the worst. Cops aren’t particularly good at policing their own and getting rid of the bad ones.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 10:43:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Did you miss the post that this happened in a state where cops do pull people over in unmarked units? Why does what happened in other states matter  in anyway to the problem OP’s son created for himself?
View Quote

Calling dispatch to confirm an unmarked car is pulling you over is not unreasonable. There are lots of bad actors out there everywhere. Just ask a cop.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 10:44:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Don't some LEOs out there carry debit/cc swipers to confiscate their bank funds as part of forfieture or that a myth?
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 10:45:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

"Virtually every interstate and highway in the United States is used by traffickers to transport illicit drugs to and from distribution centers and market areas throughout the country, and every highway intersection provides alternative routes to drug markets. However, analysis of current seizure data reveals eight principal corridors through which most illicit drugs and drug proceeds are transported to and from market areas"

https://www.justice.gov/archive/ndic/pubs11/18862/images/fig4.gif

https://www.justice.gov/archive/ndic/pubs11/18862/transport.htm
View Quote

Looks like pretty much every interstate is a drug corridor. It's a war out there don't you know.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 10:46:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Taking advice from the legal department that approved the message telling people to verify the authenticity of the person trying to pull you over is more like it. And, yes, in most areas, 911 centers can communicate with all LEOs in the area by design. There's still interoperability problems that FEMA/CISA are trying to eliminate but it's getting better.
View Quote

LE or 911 call taker experience? I am guessing no if you think multiple channels, multiple agencies, and a single call center function with ease.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 10:47:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Don't some LEOs out there carry debit/cc swipers to confiscate their bank funds as part of forfieture or that a myth?
View Quote

Never heard of anything like that
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 10:48:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I default to disbelief because most, not some, of the facts dont make sense and the OP's "I dont want to post this on the internet because my son has to drive back that way" bit throws up more red flags than a May Day Parade in Communist China.  But hey the people buying the story hook line and sinker certainly dont have any kind of bias either now do they?
View Quote

I'll freely admit to being biased here. I've earned that bias. Yet despite this bias I still have a great deal of respect for the average LEO (outside of the drug war/seizure stuff).

In light of that I'm going to cease the back and forth with you, at least until OP can come back and give us a better picture of what really happened.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 10:49:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Some agencies allow you to pay your warrant on the spot. We have 1 locally that does that. Even a partial payment puts it out of warrant and back on calendar.

Never seen a seizure done that way to take the money from an account. I have taken prepaid cards before that were loaded with quite a bit so the funds could be seized later.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 10:53:42 AM EDT
[#23]
I am guessing they are probably pulling over states that border Mexico.  Figure some are travelling north with drugs.  

They can come up with a reason to pull anyone over. The air freshener in the rear view mirror scam is common as is the license plate light being out, then when checked it suddenly fixes itself.

Link Posted: 5/31/2023 10:55:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Always film the police.  I have front and rear cams and if pulled over, I make sure they are running.  I also place my phone recording and pace it in a holder with a view of the officer.  I do not answer questions and am polite.  I do not agree to any searches and I also state the time often for the camera.  

I keep my window rolled almost all the way up and present the material through the window.  If the officer asks the inevitable questions, I respond.  Im sorry, but on advice of my Lawyer, I do not answer questions from the police.

I also keep asking... Am I free to go?
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 10:58:03 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Always film the police.  I have front and rear cams and if pulled over, I make sure they are running.  I also place my phone recording and pace it in a holder with a view of the officer.  I do not answer questions and am polite.  I do not agree to any searches and I also state the time often for the camera.  

I keep my window rolled almost all the way up and present the material through the window.  If the officer asks the inevitable questions, I respond.  Im sorry, but on advice of my Lawyer, I do not answer questions from the police.

I also keep asking... Am I free to go?
View Quote

Yep, that's why I have a hardwired external dash cam battery with viofo front and rear. They'll record up to 16-20 hours when car is off. Yes, the mic and GPS are on.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 11:01:12 AM EDT
[#26]
This story stinks to high heaven and in no way could have went down the way you describe. You have had several MT LEO comment on this thread and say so. The most glaring red flag is the claim of $150 ticket for 10 over on the in interstate, because that is a $40 fine payable on the spot if you like. Also, they need a warrant to search even with a dog hit if they do not get permission.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 11:01:59 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
as is the license plate light being out, then when checked it suddenly fixes itself.

View Quote

I despise being pulled over for petty things, but in fairness to cops, I *have* had lights be loose and a quick wiggle gets them shining again. It has happened to both of our current daily drivers. I was pulled over for one and noticed the other on my own.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 11:02:29 AM EDT
[#28]
The people defending this or calling the op or his son a liar are a disgrace and show their true colors and how they conduct themselves as LE imo.

I don’t know op, but his post does not come off as a troll post for 1. The details were specific, something that even an early 20s guy who is sober can remember. The story seemed consistent and plausible. Why would the son call really upset if he was to blame, had drugs, etc. and all he got was a measly speeding ticket? Even if we say the distance followed was off, the time held, car being unmarked (maybe it was hard to tell), if they were searched like that, detained, etc. and nothing found, then what happened was wrong and bullshit.

The op is fully justified in not revealing all the details, people know people on these forums and word gets around.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 11:06:31 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Looks like pretty much every interstate is a drug corridor. It's a war out there don't you know.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Virtually every interstate and highway in the United States is used by traffickers to transport illicit drugs to and from distribution centers and market areas throughout the country, and every highway intersection provides alternative routes to drug markets. However, analysis of current seizure data reveals eight principal corridors through which most illicit drugs and drug proceeds are transported to and from market areas"

https://www.justice.gov/archive/ndic/pubs11/18862/images/fig4.gif

https://www.justice.gov/archive/ndic/pubs11/18862/transport.htm

Its a joke is what it is. The war on drug has done nothing but create a police state with overbearing state and federal government. Put thousands of people in prison for trivial offenses. Created a black market that put billions of dollars into cartel organizations that have allowed them to turn into paramilitary organizations that control most if not all of all central and south America.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 11:09:03 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I think meteorologists are wrong more.
View Quote

They don't steal your money and put you in jail.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 11:10:03 AM EDT
[#31]
Pieces of shit are pieces of shit, and water is wet.

Twenty two years ago now I was 19 and fresh from leaving the state of NY for TX, still had NY plates on my car, and was driving up I30 to work at my temporary job on a ranch in Royse City when I was pulled over for speeding, got the "this is a known drug route" treatment and was left with a warning for speeding and all of my shit laid out on the shoulder of the highway.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 11:12:09 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I got pulled over on my way to a gun match.  Cop had a ride along individual with him in passenger seat.  He tripped out that I had two pistols in my car.  Why do you need two pistols?  Cuz its my back up in case my primary fails.  Nope.

He calls in 3 other units & searches my car.  1 hour of searching & found...nothing. Let me go with a "stern warning" to slow down & to be mindful of how I carry guns in my car. Ughm.  They were in gun bags in a tacticool range bag.  Unloaded.  No magazines in them.

I complained to the Sgt. in charge but, of course, nothing came of it.

Definitely some police out there wanting to show off & get glory for their lot in life.
View Quote

LOL, he would have had a flat-out heart attack if he would have stopped the ex and I on the way to a cowboy action shoot...
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 11:13:08 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

LE or 911 call taker experience? I am guessing no if you think multiple channels, multiple agencies, and a single call center function with ease.
View Quote

I worked with dispatch centers in the 80's that had from 2 to 40 agencies and they worked like a swiss watch. If your dispatch center cannot handle multiple agencies in this day and age, they suck.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 11:18:44 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
This story stinks to high heaven and in no way could have went down the way you describe. You have had several MT LEO comment on this thread and say so. The most glaring red flag is the claim of $150 ticket for 10 over on the in interstate, because that is a $40 fine payable on the spot if you like. Also, they need a warrant to search even with a dog hit if they do not get permission.
View Quote

If you were correct you would have to then believe the whole story was made up bullshit, then we have to either conclude op is a troll or the son is crazy, attention seeking liar. Maybe he was wrong about how much the ticket was, does that even matter? Maybe he was cited for something else and didn’t notice.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 11:19:10 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
The people defending this or calling the op or his son a liar are a disgrace and show their true colors and how they conduct themselves as LE imo.

I don't know op, but his post does not come off as a troll post for 1. The details were specific, something that even an early 20s guy who is sober can remember. The story seemed consistent and plausible. Why would the son call really upset if he was to blame, had drugs, etc. and all he got was a measly speeding ticket? Even if we say the distance followed was off, the time held, car being unmarked (maybe it was hard to tell), if they were searched like that, detained, etc. and nothing found, then what happened was wrong and bullshit.

The op is fully justified in not revealing all the details, people know people on these forums and word gets around.
View Quote
The implication that I am making this up is pretty wild.

I've mentioned repeatedly that I probably don't have all the facts and I don't want to call out any agency until I have more info.

There is really no reason for my kid to make up this story, other than a speeding ticket he is not in trouble and has no reason to spin this tale to explain anything to me.

The way this came about was that I called him to ask him how the drive was going and he said, not great, I've been on the side of the road for 3 hours. When I asked him what happened he relayed the story that I posted in the OP.  

All he really had to tell me to explain the ticket was that he got caught speeding while over taking a truck.  There is really zero reason for him to tell a story about being detained and the car being tossed, he wasn't in jail or anything that he needed to lie his way out of.  

Am I missing some details or context here, probably, but the accusation that I'm making this up to smear LE is ludicrous.  

Link Posted: 5/31/2023 11:20:14 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I was 21 once, odds are he was doing more than 10 over.
View Quote

I grew up un Montana. If the cop wrote it for 10, he was significantly over. I once got stoped for 80 in a 45. In city limits. No ticket, verbal warning.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 11:22:49 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I don’t know op, but his post does not come off as a troll post for 1. The details were specific, something that even an early 20s guy who is sober can remember. The story seemed consistent and plausible. Why would the son call really upset if he was to blame, had drugs, etc. and all he got was a measly speeding ticket? Even if we say the distance followed was off, the time held, car being unmarked (maybe it was hard to tell), if they were searched like that, detained, etc. and nothing found, then what happened was wrong and bullshit.

View Quote

Then perhaps the OP can go into specific detail to explain the alleged $150 fine for 10 over in light of the fact that several MT LEOs have pointed out that it is, in fact, a $40 fine.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 11:23:43 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
My son said 30 miles, no idea what the number really is.
View Quote

So he was followed for 22 mins?  if he was going 80MPH....  seems kind of fishy

Red
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 11:24:55 AM EDT
[#39]
I’ve long held that dogs used for investigation of criminal activity is grossly at odds with the 6th Amendment to the point of absurdity.

Essentially the dog is accusing your son of a crime. Your son has a right to be confronted with the witnesses against him…

The witness against him is unable to communicate in verbal or written language. The witness against him has the mental capacity of approximately a human 2-3 year old. The witness against him likely enjoys the taste of dried cow feces, and has to be discouraged from playing in traffic.

So we train some flunky to “read the tea leaves” of what this animal’s intentions are, and that same flunky gets to train the mentally deficient pet for this purpose?  

Forget whether it is constitutional or not… it isn’t even sane.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 11:26:34 AM EDT
[#40]
fishing expedition
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 11:27:07 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
My 21-year-old son has been on a road trip the last few days heading from ATX to Big Sky, MT.

He's a senior at UT in Austin and got a job for the summer working at the Big Sky Lodge, he has been stoked for weeks to get on the road and see that part if the country.  He and his girlfriend, and their cat left ATX yesterday.

I gave him some fatherly advice before he left, I let him know he was driving a known drug corridor with out of state plates and was going to be pulled over if he wasn't extremely careful with his driving.  Of course, I was right.

As they drove West out of Billings this afternoon, he noticed a Dodge Durango had been following them for about 30 miles.  At some point as he accelerated to pass a few trucks the Durango lit him up.  The vehicle was unmarked, so my son dialed 911 to confirm the car was actually a real officer, they confirmed that it was, and my son pulled over.

A plain clothes officer with a canine approached the car and immediately commanded my son the exit the vehicle, did not ask for license, or registration, just demanded that he exit the vehicle (I get it the cop was pissed he didn't pull over immediately). He was cuffed and placed in the back of the unmarked unit, meanwhile the girlfriend is hysterical in the passenger seat.  The officer call for a female back up to search the girlfriend, which takes an hour, and then she is cuffed and placed in the back of the Durango. While that was going on the dog alerts on the vehicle, or maybe just got excited by the cat in the car, and the officer decides he has cause to perform a search.

The officer and the backups spend 3 hours removing every piece of luggage and searching every item in the luggage (the car was stuffed full as he was staying for the summer), and finally, after finding nothing, and leaving all their belongings on the side of the road writes him a ticket for 10 over and tells him to slow it down.

I get it, it's a drug corridor but my kid does not fit the profile, both had paperwork that they were employed for the summer, they had a real destination, my son has a clean driving record, and no criminal record, they had the cat, driving a Honda Pilot, the search was just not necessary in my opinion.

I'm far from a cop hater, I respect the police, they have a tough job, but sometimes they just do shit that I don't get.  

I guess we should be happy that he didn't bring any cash with him for them to relieve him of.

I know, cool story, Bro.
View Quote

I used to respect the cops.   Now I mostly just see them as an enemy.  They're not your friend when you're on the road.   Too many of them will lie, cheat, and fuck w/ you given half a chance.  Now I'm not saying it's all of them, but it's too many and I have no control over which ones I encounter.    I'm polite to them in my encounters, but I can't say there's respect under the polite face.  And I mostly blame the war on drugs for this.    Way too many cops looking for every way they can find to fuck people up over drugs.  The war is worse than the drugs.  (And I say this as someone who's never used drugs, but have known plenty of people who did over the years.)

Link Posted: 5/31/2023 11:28:17 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
My son just pulled into Big Sky, 3 hours late and a $150 traffic ticket lighter but he learned a couple of tough lessons today.

I'll get more details tomorrow, if anything noteworthy comes up I'll post it.

View Quote

Not sure what to believe here. I do know I drove all over MT with FL plates, including that same interstate, for a couple of years before changing my residency, and never had an issue. I also know, for a fact, that a 10 over ticket in MT is more like $40. Not saying something fishy didn't happen, just saying maybe OP is not getting the whole, or the true, story.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 11:33:06 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Then perhaps the OP can go into specific detail to explain the alleged $150 fine for 10 over in light of the fact that several MT LEOs have pointed out that it is, in fact, a $40 fine.
View Quote

I've seen several LEOs and several MT residents in this thread but missed who was a MT LEO.

Not questioning you - I simply missed that. Who were the MT LEOs?
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 11:35:25 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Its a joke is what it is. The war on drug has done nothing but create a police state with overbearing state and federal government. Put thousands of people in prison for trivial offenses. Created a black market that put billions of dollars into cartel organizations that have allowed them to turn into paramilitary organizations that control most if not all of all central and south America.
View Quote

It's almost like governments create problems for the sole purpose of offering a "solution" to further their own power.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 11:35:59 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I worked with dispatch centers in the 80's that had from 2 to 40 agencies and they worked like a swiss watch. If your dispatch center cannot handle multiple agencies in this day and age, they suck.
View Quote

Nah. You just don't understand modern radio systems, CAD, increased workload per dispatcher, and how sharing info is all done via computer messages instead of yelling across the room. And 911 and dispatch aren't always sitting next to each other.

IOW, a lot has changed in 40 years.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 11:37:03 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
The implication that I am making this up is pretty wild.

I've mentioned repeatedly that I probably don't have all the facts and I don't want to call out any agency until I have more info.

There is really no reason for my kid to make up this story, other than a speeding ticket he is not in trouble and has no reason to spin this tale to explain anything to me.

The way this came about was that I called him to ask him how the drive was going and he said, not great, I've been on the side of the road for 3 hours. When I asked him what happened he relayed the story that I posted in the OP.  

All he really had to tell me to explain the ticket was that he got caught speeding while over taking a truck.  There is really zero reason for him to tell a story about being detained and the car being tossed, he wasn't in jail or anything that he needed to lie his way out of.  

Am I missing some details or context here, probably, but the accusation that I'm making this up to smear LE is ludicrous.  

View Quote

Not to the folks with a persecution complex, and a fundamental belief that everyone is automatically guilty, it isn't.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 11:37:59 AM EDT
[#47]
Power and control.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 11:38:13 AM EDT
[#48]

It's pretty ridiculous in many states cops can escalate to what amounts to deadly force in what is a safe and non-violent situation, because they didn't pull over quick enough.

Again,... we have too many cops because we demand they do too much bullshit law enforcement has no business doing.   To make matters worse they get annual training that teaches them to view the world through the eyes of a paranoid schizophrenic.  <- The same people that dispute that will in the same breath gig the left for their unfounded & ridiculous claims on violence against minorities; which is really the same shit with a different target audience.

Deadly force: That force which a person uses with the purpose of causing death or serious bodily harm or which a reasonable person would consider likely to create a substantial risk of causing death or serious bodily harm (including loss of limb or eyesight).
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 11:42:14 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I used to respect the cops.   Now I mostly just see them as an enemy.  They're not your friend when you're on the road.   Too many of them will lie, cheat, and fuck w/ you given half a chance.  Now I'm not saying it's all of them, but it's too many and I have no control over which ones I encounter.    I'm polite to them in my encounters, but I can't say there's respect under the polite face.  And I mostly blame the war on drugs for this.    Way too many cops looking for every way they can find to fuck people up over drugs anything they can think of.  The war is worse than the drugs.  (And I say this as someone who's never used drugs, but have known plenty of people who did over the years.)

View Quote

Try driving a truck
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 11:43:18 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And, you would be wrong. Again. In most areas, 911 centers can communicate with all LEOs in the area. It's often used when there is a need for a multi-agency response to an emergency or disaster. Do you even interoperate, bro?
Page / 24
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top