Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 5:34:44 PM EDT
[#1]
NASA holding secret meetings to plan how to handle discovery of aliens The arrival of demons.

Fixed the title for you
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 5:35:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Alien life certainly exists.   Distance is the problem.

18Z50
View Quote

bingo
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 5:36:48 PM EDT
[#3]
m
Quoted:

Who is she?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
so when do we get to fight the aliens and will maggie be there?

https://americanprofile.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/sarah-sanguine-carter-2013.jpg

Who is she?
maggie from the falling skies documentary series.

Falling Skies - TNT TV Series Trailer

Link Posted: 9/4/2023 5:43:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
How is it even possible that the webb telescope could even remotely have the technological capability of seeing alien life? This isn't a Nikon camera watching your mom through the bedroom windows. With her hefty supple breasts and bodacious body...

Errm.. I'll be in my bunk looking for lifeforms.

View Quote

The idea is that they don't "see life."   They see the byproducts or indications of it.

There are methods to analyze atmospheric composition of an object by radio telescope.

https://www.jhuapl.edu/news/news-releases/221123-nasa-james-webb-space-telescope-reveals-exoplanet-atmosphere-in-striking-detail#:~:text=NASA's%20James%20Webb%20Space%20Telescope%20made%20the%20first%20identification%20of,high%2Denergy%20particles%20of%20starlight.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 5:52:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

bingo
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Alien life certainly exists.   Distance is the problem.

18Z50

bingo
Yep

They know we are here, just no way or reason to travel here.

Even if they could they know they would receive a hostile reception.

And why come here? What do we have that a FTL capable race want?
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 6:01:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
so when do we get to fight the aliens and will maggie be there?

https://americanprofile.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/sarah-sanguine-carter-2013.jpg
View Quote

The hot soldier from the 2nd Mass.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 6:23:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Jut give them all the free stuff until their court interview date to get their green card.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 7:36:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
We were talking about this last night. I don't see it ending well.

If they are a hostile race that has the ability for deep space travel... we're fucked.

If they are an advanced, decent race, they'll likely see what a shitshow we are and likely an eventual danger, so... again we're fucked.
View Quote
We will see their ambassadors in a "Kill it and Grill it" thread
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 7:51:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 7:56:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I do this in the name of barfcom, for all humanity

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e8/ca/e6/e8cae66457f8ca4f85415bf52312c410.jpg
View Quote

An Orion slave girl? Yes please!
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 7:59:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
They also hold meetings on how to handle world ending asteroid strikes even though like aliens, there is no chance of an asteroid strike happening any time soon.

It's just wishful thinking and wastefulness on their part. Nasa is amazingly good as wasting money on stuff that does not matter and has no value to any one.
View Quote

It's a pretty damn big sky.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 8:00:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Gaslighting

If they put an alien spacecraft on public display and allowed it  to be tested for fakery maybe I’d believe them….maybe
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 8:03:25 PM EDT
[#13]
A distraction if ever one was created.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 8:11:16 PM EDT
[#14]
I've been jonesing on Ms Thaller for years. She may be a little strange, but certainly not alien.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 8:14:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I think it's happening.

NASA holds top secret conferences to discuss what the space agency should do if its $10B James Webb telescope finds ALIENS, scientist reveals

A NASA scientist has revealed the space agency has discussed what they should do if the James Webb telescope finds evidence of aliens. Dr Michelle Thaller, NASA's assistant director of science communication, said they were open to the possibility the powerful telescope may discover new forms of life. 'We actually work with SETI - the search for extraterrestrial intelligence,' said Thaller. 'There are extra scientists that are searching the sky for signs of alien civilizations.

'We've had conferences about what happens if the James Webb Space Telescope observes an atmosphere of a planet around another star and we see things that don't look natural.' She said suspicious signs could be pollution coming from a planet, and said that she felt it was only a matter of time before alien life was detected - perhaps microbial life on Venus, Mars, or Saturn's largest moon, Titan.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12477453/nasa-james-webb-telescope-alien-life.html
View Quote

Dude, that was done back in the 1960s with the Brookings Institute report on the probable effects on human societies of extraterrestrial contact.

Nothing new here.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 8:23:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'm sure the government isn't lying this time
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/4/2023 8:31:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
"If."

It's a mighty big word.
View Quote

It's also the most frequently ignored and most under-appreciated word.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 8:33:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Willing to bet the first question out of Democrat's mouths will be "how long until we can get them an absentee ballot?"
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 8:38:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
they already in anartica
View Quote

It is known.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 8:38:35 PM EDT
[#20]
“perhaps microbial life on Venus, Mars, or Saturn's largest moon, Titan”

Big old nothing burger.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 8:39:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Ancient Chinese Secret, huh?
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/4/2023 8:40:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Patty: Mr. Chambers! Don't get on that ship! The rest of the book, "To Serve Man", it's - it's a cookbook!
Roy
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 8:41:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Space aliens 100% exist, how’s this even controversial? Math proves they exist, I don’t need the government to tell me. It’s like being a tribe on a remote is
And who’s never seen anyone else assuming they are the only people .
View Quote

Please post the mathematical formula you used to discover this irrefutable fact. Also, some hard evidence would be beneficial in convincing me of your truth.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 8:45:09 PM EDT
[#24]
NASA is full of themselves. No one gives a shit if they find some proof of extra-terrestrial bacteria beyond some science geeks. If they find some evidence of an advanced civilization thats another thing, but I doubt Kepler is going to do that.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 8:46:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Please post the mathematical formula you used to discover this irrefutable fact. Also, some hard evidence would be beneficial in convincing me of your truth.
View Quote

Look up the drake equation. Honestly ever since they discovered extra-solar planets were pretty common, the fact "life" is out there became an almost mathematical certainty. The only real question is how common "intelligent" life is.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 8:48:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Space aliens 100% exist, how’s this even controversial? Math proves they exist, I don’t need the government to tell me. It’s like being a tribe on a remote is
View Quote

@buck19delta

Ok,  show your work!
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 8:50:11 PM EDT
[#27]
So let me guess, everyone will have to quarantine and use mail in voting for the 2024 election...........
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 9:05:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

@buck19delta

Ok,  show your work!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@buck19delta

Ok,  show your work!

Endless universe that’s still expanding, millions - billions of galaxies, billions - trillions of planets, = certainty there’s life on more than just earth.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 9:07:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Endless universe that’s still expanding, millions - billions of galaxies, billions - trillions of planets, = certainty there’s life on more than just earth.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@buck19delta

Ok,  show your work!

That's conjecture,  You said the math proves it... show me the math.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 9:25:00 PM EDT
[#30]

I’m watching that movie right now!
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 9:45:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Government distraction from all the egregious acts of government.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 9:49:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Yet mother Boondoggle for high ranking government officials. I bet they get huge travel budgets, high end hotel conferences, an official Alien coffee mugs, alien space pens, and spiffy badge lanyards at the conference.

I was in Roswell today.  The Alien museum and gift stores have all the bling for the committees.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 9:50:35 PM EDT
[#33]
"In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth” (Genesis 1:1).

I like to think their our benevolent Kin. I've yet to see anything to the contrary.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 10:02:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
How is it even possible that the webb telescope could even remotely have the technological capability of seeing alien life? This isn't a Nikon camera watching your mom through the bedroom windows. With her hefty supple breasts and bodacious body...

Errm.. I'll be in my bunk looking for lifeforms.

View Quote

Probably detecting things like Dyson Spheres.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 10:03:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
NASA is full of themselves. No one gives a shit if they find some proof of extra-terrestrial bacteria beyond some science geeks. If they find some evidence of an advanced civilization thats another thing, but I doubt Kepler is going to do that.
View Quote
Finding live, even microbial life would be amazing. Also, Religion would shit a brick.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 10:06:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Oh ffs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bullshit.

This is just another distraction from some Joe Briben or Hunter Briben scandal.
Oh ffs.

Yeah, just how big of a news story do they expect this to be?

NASA has talked about the possibility of alien life since it was created...
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 10:07:20 PM EDT
[#37]
LET PROJECT BLUE BEAM COMMENCE
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 10:11:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 11:37:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
They also hold meetings on how to handle world ending asteroid strikes even though like aliens, there is no chance of an asteroid strike happening any time soon.
View Quote
It's not like any asteroids have ever snuck past our dragnet without lots of warning...

https://www.livescience.com/space/asteroids/a-skyscraper-size-asteroid-flew-closer-to-earth-than-the-moon-and-scientists-didnt-notice-until-2-days-later

Link Posted: 9/4/2023 11:43:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
The meetings aren't secret at all.

The assistant science communications director announced them to a media outlet on the internet.
View Quote
The fact that a meeting is being held to have top secret discussions is not, inherently in and of itself, top secret or even classified at all.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 11:45:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
And why come here? What do we have that a FTL capable race want?
View Quote
Donated fetuses?
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 11:50:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 12:18:20 AM EDT
[#43]
Genesis - Illegal Alien (Official Music Video)
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 12:27:31 AM EDT
[#44]
In the old days, when the powers that be were threatened, they would roll out new orders from a deity(s) in order to keep things they way they wanted them.

Since current leaders are not exactly in the religion business..... The "Great Gazoo" it is.....

Link Posted: 9/5/2023 12:52:09 AM EDT
[#45]
Hmmm what do they need to distract us from now?
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 1:10:04 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Hmmm what do they need to distract us from now?
View Quote

Someone with the last name Biden is going to start drinking blood from live babies on live TV on the steps of Congress?
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 1:30:06 AM EDT
[#47]
Space fentanyls gonna be lit.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 2:00:19 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
We were talking about this last night. I don't see it ending well.

If they are a hostile race that has the ability for deep space travel... we're fucked.

If they are an advanced, decent race, they'll likely see what a shitshow we are and likely an eventual danger, so... again we're fucked.
View Quote

I’ve thought about this lately.  Consider if they are anything like us.  Now consider if in all of human history when one tribe, country, nation, what have you discovers or interacts, at least at first, with another has it ever not resulted in violence or conquest?
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 2:10:31 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Look up the drake equation. Honestly ever since they discovered extra-solar planets were pretty common, the fact "life" is out there became an almost mathematical certainty. The only real question is how common "intelligent" life is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

they have not discovered any extra-solar system planets.  

they see patterns that they attribute to being due to planets, but that has never been confirmed to be planets and won't be for a very long time if ever
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 2:11:15 AM EDT
[#50]
Oh boy... Is this really what eggheads send our tax dollars on?

Nope... Aliens "likely" exit on other planets but they have never traveled to earth as anything other than the ramblings of someone with a big imagination.

Interstellar travel with intelligent life is not possible  puters.. maybe if someone came up with a 10,000yr lifespan battery.

Frozen bacteria? Maybe...

The chances of getting an honest answer from the gubmint is like finding delicious diet lasagna in the frozen food isle. (Everyone talks about it but nobody ever admits to eating one)
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top