Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 6:05:24 PM EDT
[#1]
AZ / Alabama should be a great game. Also that little JMU pitcher shut down OU's offense for the most part. She's fun to watch.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 7:32:31 PM EDT
[#2]
So which has a higher percentage of lesbians?  Women's Softball or Women's Hockey?

My wife (former Softball player) says it's Hockey.  I say it's Softball.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 7:35:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So which has a higher percentage of lesbians?  Women's Softball or Women's Hockey?

My wife (former Softball player) says it's Hockey.  I say it's Softball.
View Quote

pics of wife?
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 7:38:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Are you certain they're women?
View Quote

watch a game and decide. I'd run through both teams I saw the other day..LSU/ Fla St. lol

Good to see really long hair is popular with college aged women.

Link Posted: 6/3/2021 7:44:22 PM EDT
[#5]
An ad for something on this page has a picture of Bill Clinton. How appropriate.

Link Posted: 6/3/2021 7:52:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Women are just as good as men at everything.

Move it back to 60ft pitchers mound and 90-foot bases.
View Quote

Jennie Finch Strikes Out Albert Pujols
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 8:00:55 PM EDT
[#7]
stunned that OU lost today.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 8:05:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 8:15:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Mmm , husky chicks.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 8:28:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Fouts is 6’1” and is throwing a great game.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 8:33:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Yes, a few hotties. I hear a lot of cuckish admiration from some. Why, I’ll never know. Forced to watch it by family sometimes and personal friends with one of the top travel team coaches whose players almost always get D1 full rides. Yet, too many appear to have their uniform manufactured by Coleman and are massive enough to have gravitational pull with the body of Peter from Family Guy.

And then there’s Chris Christie ??

Link Posted: 6/3/2021 8:58:30 PM EDT
[#13]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gm9iZnqGMvY

Fast forward to 1:35 to watch Bonds give Finch a lesson.  He's talking her up while showing her up.  This is a hint of what a major league hitter would do to a female  fast pitch softball player if they were trying.  

Link Posted: 6/3/2021 9:01:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Dirty inky

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oklahoma State Pitcher Logan Simulek

your welcome

Dirty inky

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 9:05:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Ponytails.

I would say it is our best US women’s sport because

Every girl gets introduced to it like soccer for Euros.  Extensive travel leagues.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 9:06:02 PM EDT
[#16]
"They kicked me off the softball team because I wasn't gay enough." - The lesbian kid that used to work for me.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 9:10:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Turn off the sound and the chants and it is pretty entertaining.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 9:26:41 PM EDT
[#18]
In 2000 I was in a group of 40 or so Marines on a civilian flight from SoCal to Hawaii.  Somehow we ended up seated amongst the UC Santa Barbara woman's softball team. They were going to a tournament at Univ of Hawaii.

While there were some bull dyke types, many of them were fit and friendly. So we did our best to chat them up, and ended up hanging out with them for the week they were there. A few "relationships" resulted.

On our way back to back to the East coast, one Marine went UA from LAX to go hook up with the one he met.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 9:32:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
In 2000 I was in a group of 40 or so Marines on a civilian flight from SoCal to Hawaii.  Somehow we ended up seated amongst the UC Santa Barbara woman's softball team. They were going to a tournament at Univ of Hawaii.

While there were some bull dyke types, many of them were fit and friendly. So we did our best to chat them up, and ended up hanging out with them for the week they were there. A few "relationships" resulted.

On our way back to back to the East coast, one Marine went UA from LAX to go hook up with the one he met.
View Quote

This Marine isn’t surprised by this story at all. However I’m shocked no Mile High memberships were earned on that flight or baby volleyball players or junior Marines were bred in flight.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 10:25:42 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 10:37:23 AM EDT
[#21]

Amazing that she did that after pitching to Arizona the day before, she struck out 16 in that game.  MLB pitchers need a week off between starts.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 10:50:53 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I always kind of brushed off woman’s softball, until one day my 40yr old neighbor tossed a few pitches past me.

She was a pitcher in college (D1) and even at 40yr, that  fucking ball had HEAT.

I was immediately humbled.
View Quote

One of the kids on my son’s baseball team (8u) has a sister who plays select softball (11u).  She can push the baseball on an overhand throw 60+ mph which would put her in the high average range for a male pitcher at that age.  Then again she plays 3rd base and has to get the softball to first so that takes a pretty strong arm.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 11:10:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not speaking to the base paths but moving the mound back would help the pitcher more than you think. The movement that a skilled pitcher can get is amazing. Moving the mound back would only give the ball more time and distance to curve or rise.

Something tells me you've never played fastpitch or even watched a woman's game. Having played men's fastpitch against pitchers who at the time were in the top 20 in the world, you don't just step in and start smashing. No hitters and 1 hitters are common. Double digit strike out games happen all the time and thats against some of the top players in the world. Watch the men's fast pithc world series. More than a couple former major league players and lots of dominican players.

Also, google the king and his court. Eddie often pitched from second base and players still couldn't hit him.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 11:27:51 AM EDT
[#24]

And while she was doing this, Holly Rowe and the ESPN crowd overshadowed it by continuing to talk about how great the UCLA team was.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 11:40:28 AM EDT
[#25]
Go Bama
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 12:04:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Will be some great games today. My girl is a finalist for PGF All-American High School game on July 31st. It's supposed to be announced today during the WCWS. She's not a Power 5 commit so I won't be surprised if she's not picked. But still nice to be recognized as a finalist. I'm quite certain one of her Travel ball teammates will be selected to the West team though.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 1:47:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Fixt
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Go Dikes

Fixt
Why would you say something like that? Do you know something the rest of us don't? Elaborate - if you can.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 2:32:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Amazing that she did that after pitching to Arizona the day before, she struck out 16 in that game.  MLB pitchers need a week off between starts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Totally a different throwing style. Not much stress in the joints and muscles. They can pitch several games in a row without any stress.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 6:55:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Not speaking to the base paths but moving the mound back would help the pitcher more than you think. The movement that a skilled pitcher can get is amazing. Moving the mound back would only give the ball more time and distance to curve or rise.

Something tells me you've never played fastpitch or even watched a woman's game. Having played men's fastpitch against pitchers who at the time were in the top 20 in the world, you don't just step in and start smashing. No hitters and 1 hitters are common. Double digit strike out games happen all the time and thats against some of the top players in the world. Watch the men's fast pithc world series. More than a couple former major league players and lots of dominican players.

Also, google the king and his court. Eddie often pitched from second base and players still couldn't hit him.
View Quote

No I didn't play it. I played baseball and even after I was done playing when I was 22, there were no fast pitch leagues around here.

I dated a volleyball/softball player in college. I have seen enough of women's fast pitch softball to last any man a lifetime. It was so loud and annoying with all the chanting and screaming and yelling.

I have seen the king and his court before. They are like the Harlem globe trotters of the softball world.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 9:53:40 PM EDT
[#30]

And they said it was her bday too.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 10:05:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Fast forward to 1:35 to watch Bonds give Finch a lesson.  He's talking her up while showing her up.  This is a hint of what a major league hitter would do to a female  fast pitch softball player if they were trying.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbMA1RZ7GkA
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gm9iZnqGMvY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbMA1RZ7GkA

Yeah, they just need to see a few pitches to get used to it.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 10:06:39 PM EDT
[#32]
College softball is easily the best woman's sport.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 10:39:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
College volleyball is easily the best woman's sport.
View Quote

Fixed
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 1:12:51 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Back in the day, 60 Minutes correspondent Harry Reasoner got Reggie Jackson with a woman pitcher (can't recall her name). She smoked his ass. Jackson never even got a foul tip.

About 6-7 years ago WWTN had Frank Wycheck teamed up with UT-K's second place pitcher. This is when UT went to the World Series final but lost to Arizona. Monica Abbot was UT's big dog but was unavailable for this test. 2nd place pitcher smoked Wycheck after he claimed he could go "yard" on her. He too never even got a foul tip, much less a hit. Wycheck was an All Pro NFL tight end who played a lot of baseball in highschool.

Wonder how Bonds would've done had he not been suped up on HGH?
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 1:16:01 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Studies show the underhand motion results in a lot less stress on the arm & shoulder. Male softball pitchers often pitch back to back games in one night. My dad played fast pitch when I was young & I often saw a pitcher throw a double header.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 1:18:33 AM EDT
[#36]
Can't believe Arizona gave up that 3 run homer. Feel bad for Candrea. Only hope he doesn't retire.

And Taryn Mowatt was hotter than Finch (who was super hot)

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/6/2021 1:26:01 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Yes, a few hotties. I hear a lot of cuckish admiration from some. Why, I’ll never know. Forced to watch it by family sometimes and personal friends with one of the top travel team coaches whose players almost always get D1 full rides. Yet, too many appear to have their uniform manufactured by Coleman and are massive enough to have gravitational pull with the body of Peter from Family Guy.

https://wp.dailybruin.com/images/galleries/softball-super-regionals/5.jpg

https://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/redandblack.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/3/fe/3fe1f328-9cbf-11e2-aeec-0019bb30f31a/515cca4fdc512.image.jpg

http://i.4pcdn.org/sp/1462385217888.jpg

https://blacksportsonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Chris-Christie-Softball-2-e1499728853592.jpg

View Quote

An extremely small number of girls get D1 full rides.  There are only 12 allotted per team with a minum of double that many athletes the scholarships almost always get divided up and thus almost zero actual full rides.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 1:47:28 AM EDT
[#38]
The OU comeback against UCLA tonight was a great game.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 9:23:56 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
The OU comeback against UCLA tonight was a great game.
View Quote

Yes it was.

And comes with the added bonus of no more talking about Tom Brady's niece.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 9:32:44 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Can't believe Arizona gave up that 3 run homer. Feel bad for Candrea. Only hope he doesn't retire.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/86202/56428B8B-2899-482A-9B8E-65851C5EF6BC_jpe-1968842.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/86202/08237EE2-2D69-4993-917B-3D9389E15A87_jpe-1968843.JPG
View Quote

That's back when I watched when Taryn Mowatt was playing. I think she is a coach or something now? I don't know. I just remember that rear view.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 9:33:04 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Back in the day, 60 Minutes correspondent Harry Reasoner got Reggie Jackson with a woman pitcher (can't recall her name). She smoked his ass. Jackson never even got a foul tip.

About 6-7 years ago WWTN had Frank Wycheck teamed up with UT-K's second place pitcher. This is when UT went to the World Series final but lost to Arizona. Monica Abbot was UT's big dog but was unavailable for this test. 2nd place pitcher smoked Wycheck after he claimed he could go "yard" on her. He too never even got a foul tip, much less a hit. Wycheck was an All Pro NFL tight end who played a lot of baseball in highschool.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think most of what you are seeing is baseball players not being accustomed to the angle the ball is coming from.  Same reason submarine pitchers are effective even though they throw slower than most overhand pitchers.  

IMO Bonds being able to hit Finch so easily is his ability to adapt quickly to what a pitcher is doing.  His playful "let me watch you throw a few" and then watching her go thru all her pitches was  him calibrating.  The final "let me stand in the box" was the last thing he needed.  Once he saw a few from the batters perspective the calibration was final.  He knew the angle, break, and speed, then he saw it from the box and knew he had her number.  

I also question a lot of these male vs female match-ups.  A lot of times when the female dominates I don't think the guy is trying their best.  I played a lot of sports growing up and saw several guy vs girl challenges.  Guys almost always won.  If they didn't it was due to a vast amount of difference in skill level.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 1:06:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

That's back when I watched when Taryn Mowatt was playing. I think she is a coach or something now? I don't know. I just remember that rear view.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/86202/56428B8B-2899-482A-9B8E-65851C5EF6BC_jpe-1968842.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/86202/08237EE2-2D69-4993-917B-3D9389E15A87_jpe-1968843.JPG

She's UofA's pitching coach.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 1:38:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Why? You want to make softball less challenging?
The short distance is what makes it such a fast, intense game.
There was a movie called "Fast Ball" that did a nice job of describing the history of throwing truly fast pitches. As it so happens, the ability to interpret and react to a 100mph fast ball from 60' is right at the theoretical limit of how fast the human brain can operate.
If one were to throw a ball at 100mph from 45' it's beyond the ability of a human to see the ball come off the hand, determine if it's a ball or strike, swing and hit it. You'd have to begin your swing at the same time the pitching arm is coming down and commit to the swing before the ball leaves the pitchers hand.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why? You want to make softball less challenging?
The short distance is what makes it such a fast, intense game.
There was a movie called "Fast Ball" that did a nice job of describing the history of throwing truly fast pitches. As it so happens, the ability to interpret and react to a 100mph fast ball from 60' is right at the theoretical limit of how fast the human brain can operate.
If one were to throw a ball at 100mph from 45' it's beyond the ability of a human to see the ball come off the hand, determine if it's a ball or strike, swing and hit it. You'd have to begin your swing at the same time the pitching arm is coming down and commit to the swing before the ball leaves the pitchers hand.

The reality is that a fast softball pitch from 43’ is the same reaction time as a fast baseball pitch from 60’. A 70 mph softball is equivalent to a 101 mph baseball in terms of batter reaction time.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 1:53:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

An extremely small number of girls get D1 full rides.  There are only 12 allotted per team with a minum of double that many athletes the scholarships almost always get divided up and thus almost zero actual full rides.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://wp.dailybruin.com/images/galleries/softball-super-regionals/5.jpg

https://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/redandblack.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/3/fe/3fe1f328-9cbf-11e2-aeec-0019bb30f31a/515cca4fdc512.image.jpg

http://i.4pcdn.org/sp/1462385217888.jpg

https://blacksportsonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Chris-Christie-Softball-2-e1499728853592.jpg

But colleges get creative. They take the scholarships allotted, divide them among the players, and augment them where they can with academic scholarships. So in essence it is a full ride.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 1:56:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Tight polyester clad asses and bouncing titties.  Whats not to like.
View Quote

Came here to say the same...
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 2:11:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I'd rather watch this than men's baseball.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/6/2021 2:20:44 PM EDT
[#47]
They are different games. A baseball player is not really equipped to face a world-class softball pitcher. They did this same thing with cricket as well - while it's marginally related, it's a very different skill set.

Eddie Feigner is not a good example. Mostly myth, part entertainer. The majority of his "career" was in Globetrotter-type exhibitions, and this includes all of the stupid sideshows like behind the back or second base pitching.

Ty Stofflet played competitive fastpitch from the beginning of his career to the end. It's evident from his exhibitions against MLB players that the swing angle is very different. Indeed it's quite challenging for a baseball player to make contact with an unadjusted swing.

I guess the point is most baseball players, even professionals, would struggle with a good softball pitcher. Similarly, players from the average men's fastpitch league would be able to hit Finch and Osterman.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 3:07:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Americans and territories of the British empire are the only countries that can compete, so they yanked it for more inclusive sports.
View Quote

I knew the olympic committee yanked softball, but I think it is coming back.  They keep talking about players heading to the olympic training camp when the WS is over...?

I am enjoying the games and pulling for the Tide.  RTR
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 3:11:49 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
They are different games. A baseball player is not really equipped to face a world-class softball pitcher. They did this same thing with cricket as well - while it's marginally related, it's a very different skill set.

Eddie Feigner is not a good example. Mostly myth, part entertainer. The majority of his "career" was in Globetrotter-type exhibitions, and this includes all of the stupid sideshows like behind the back or second base pitching.

Ty Stofflet played competitive fastpitch from the beginning of his career to the end. It's evident from his exhibitions against MLB players that the swing angle is very different. Indeed it's quite challenging for a baseball player to make contact with an unadjusted swing.

I guess the point is most baseball players, even professionals, would struggle with a good softball pitcher. Similarly, players from the average men's fastpitch league would be able to hit Finch and Osterman.
View Quote
Throw a high riseball to a baseball player and they will never touch it.

Link Posted: 6/6/2021 9:50:26 PM EDT
[#50]
NOLES!
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top