Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 11:14:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Why did the cops park in a way to make it dangerous for other motorist?

My buddies call riding poorly being a Squid, one has a YT channel named team squid.

https://www.youtube.com/user/TeamSquidRacing

This is a berm.

Link Posted: 6/29/2022 1:59:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

My buddies call riding poorly being a Squid, one has a YT channel named team squid.

This is a berm.

https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/04/22/132614/s1200_BErm.jpg
View Quote

In FL that is a berm...the side of the road is called the shoulder..as in pull over to the shoulder plz..
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 2:37:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

In FL that is a berm...the side of the road is called the shoulder..as in pull over to the shoulder plz..
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is a berm.

https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/04/22/132614/s1200_BErm.jpg

I was looking to see if there was some sillyness in the Ohio code that calls it a berm, but it looks like shoulder is used there.  I’d have been rather confused if I was ordered by an armed unhinged man telling me to get in the berm.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 4:05:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Ohio State Highway Patrol are known cunts.  

Call the county sheriff’s office and have them send a deputy.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 4:17:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

And they let some random old dude walk through.

They really didn’t handle that well.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 4:22:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I thought state snow plow drivers that throw snow, ice, slush on the opposite lanes of the highway cause wrecks.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 4:28:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Cops get emotional too. Probably got tired of peeling some squid out of the back of a minivan while the parents wonder how much therapy the kids that were in the back seat will need. Or dealing with the car fire that burned the college girl alive when she got cut off or side swiped freaked out and crashed while the biker runs. Or when the biker misses the exit and tries to take the turn anyway at 130mph skids, flips and get cut in half by a tree. I don’t even work the highway and that’s just a small sample.
View Quote

Good for them seeing all this stuff.  If they can't handle the emotions then find another job.  The next person that the emotional LEO pulls over doesn't care.  That LEO needs to act professional at every encounter.  If the cop can't do the job then quit.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 4:32:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

lol wow.

You may need to go back to law school for a few refresher courses.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If they were, and the LEOS can prove it, then yes they do deserve tickets within the law

The LEOS being unprofessional is never ok. IMO

The first LEO taking the keys is never OK.  Do not touch my property.  Get a warrant.

lol wow.

How so?  I don't give the LEO or any other person permission to touch my keys...period.  When the LEO takes my keys will he/she be responsible for every key on that ring while they have it?
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 4:34:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

How so?  I don't give the LEO or any other person permission to touch my keys...period.  When the LEO takes my keys will he/she be responsible for every key on that ring while they have it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If they were, and the LEOS can prove it, then yes they do deserve tickets within the law

The first LEO taking the keys is never OK.  Do not touch my property.  Get a warrant.

lol wow.

Once you are seized you are seized.  And what bad would happen to the keys while he holds them during a stop?
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 4:42:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Sounds like your squid buddies were riding like douchebags.

Splitting traffic and passing on the shoulder

Y u mad bro?
View Quote

Anyone remember of the video of the squid wearing a helmet and headbutting a methbilly who "runs them off the road"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Yeipzl1uZY

Those poor innocent bikers were just riding along minding their business, right?

OR, perhaps the methbilly was upset because they were driving 175 MPH in front of his house while his kids were playing in the front yard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4d4M-s6EoOs

Crotch rockets acting like assholes never get the benefit of the doubt from me, because 90% of the time when I see a crotch rocket, the guy riding it is riding like a douche.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 4:44:01 PM EDT
[#11]
If those cops would have cooled down and thought logically and calmly about the rider's response that he didn't know the other rider, they might have realized he was possibly telling the truth. Towards the beginning, y can hear Officer Dunkins read off license plates to the dispatcher. One was from PA and another was from MD. Given that the riders live in different states, neither of which is the state in which they were stopped, it's entirely reasonable they might not know each other.

But, no, Officer Dunkins and Officer Roidrage don't know how to act professionally during what amounts to a simple traffic stop. Officer Roidrage needs fucking counseling and anger management classes, at a minimum.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 4:44:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 4:47:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Cops get emotional too. Probably got tired of peeling some squid out of the back of a minivan while the parents wonder how much therapy the kids that were in the back seat will need. Or dealing with the car fire that burned the college girl alive when she got cut off or side swiped freaked out and crashed while the biker runs. Or when the biker misses the exit and tries to take the turn anyway at 130mph skids, flips and get cut in half by a tree. I don’t even work the highway and that’s just a small sample.
View Quote

Or…..he’s just a man who can’t control his emotions, period. You can come up with fictional, what-if sob stories all day long. If he gets that worked up over traffic infractions, he’s most likely not a good fit for the job.

Imagine that guy in an actual high-stress situation. Yikes. Lol
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 4:50:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Youtube suggested this as a related video.

I blindsided you and knocked you off your bike because I don't like the way your license plate is mounted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnNMK_4WBC8
View Quote

I'd have asked for an ambulance and a supervisor. Then, I would have sued the shit out of that cop for using unreasonable amount of force. He didn't even give that rider a chance to comply. He just assumed the rider would attempt to flee and assaulted him.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 4:50:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Anyone remember of the video of the squid wearing a helmet and headbutting a methbilly who "runs them off the road"?

Those poor innocent bikers were just riding along minding their business, right?

OR, perhaps the methbilly was upset because they were driving 175 MPH in front of his house while his kids were playing in the front yard.

Crotch rockets acting like assholes never get the benefit of the doubt from me, because 90% of the time when I see a crotch rocket, the guy riding it is riding like a douche.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sounds like your squid buddies were riding like douchebags.

Splitting traffic and passing on the shoulder

Y u mad bro?

I never said either way if the bikers in video were innocent.  I don't know.  I was making a comment and asking questions about the LEOs in the video
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 4:50:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Youtube suggested this as a related video.

I blindsided you and knocked you off your bike because I don't like the way your license plate is mounted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnNMK_4WBC8
View Quote

That one is classic. Dude was a lot calmer than most would be, after being knocked over and his bike damaged, all for a non-moving violation.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 4:51:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

If his PTSD (which is what you are describing) is so bad that he can no longer respond to simple traffic infractions without losing his bearing, he needs to find another, less stressful, line of work.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 4:55:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

If his PTSD (which is what you are describing) is so bad that he can no longer respond to simple traffic infractions without losing his bearing, he needs to find another, less stressful, line of work.
View Quote

It might be PTSD but it looks to me like a drill sergeant act he was putting on to scare the squids into giving up the other rider.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 5:02:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

That one is classic. Dude was a lot calmer than most would be, after being knocked over and his bike damaged, all for a non-moving violation.
View Quote

Get out of there in one piece, try to remember the badge number, and file a claim for damages later.

The cop was surprisingly calm and friendly, even while casually dropping F bombs to somebody he'd just battered.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 5:05:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Taking your keys is a lawful action. That is an important thing to know.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 5:05:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Once you are seized you are seized.  And what bad would happen to the keys while he holds them during a stop?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol wow.

Doesn't matter what could happen.  Keys that go to cars and bikes are expensive.  If that FOB or key doesn't work anymore after the LEO gives it back is the LEO going to be responsible for it?
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 5:06:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Deleted ~ Bollocks44
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 5:09:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good to know.  I'm glad that I always have a another set or other ways of starting my vehicles
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 5:15:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Doesn't matter what could happen.  Keys that go to cars and bikes are expensive.  If that FOB or key doesn't work anymore after the LEO gives it back is the LEO going to be responsible for it?
View Quote

Those are all issues for after the encounter. (And in general silly arguments because you do not like it)

Taking your keys is lawful.

Link Posted: 6/29/2022 5:17:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Those are all issues for after the encounter. (And in general silly arguments because you do not like it)

View Quote

Yeah but what if the cop takes your keys, forgot to wash his hands, infects you with covid, and you die? That's like, a violation of several amendments.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 5:17:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Good to know.  I'm glad that I always have a another set or other ways of starting my vehicles
View Quote

You know yoi get them back at the end of the stop.   Also, if a cop takes your keys and you produce another set, you are probably going into cuffs for the remainder of the stop.

Link Posted: 6/29/2022 5:19:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Yeah but what if the cop takes your keys, forgot to wash his hands, infects you with covid, and you die? That's like, a violation of several amendments.
View Quote

That would suck.  Kind of like getting murdered by a unicorn….what if, huh?
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 5:22:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

You know yoi get them back at the end of the stop.   Also, if a cop takes your keys and you produce another set, you are probably going into cuffs for the remainder of the stop.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not always.  I have had items taken from me during stops and did not get them back.  I had to go ask for said items back after the stop.  So no I don't know that I will get them back

I wonder how many LEO would freak out if they knew that most modern Harleys can be started without a key
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 5:25:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Not always.  I have had items taken from me during stops and did not get them back.  I had to go ask for said items back after the stop.  So no I don't know that I will get them back

I wonder how many LEO would freak out if they knew that most modern Harleys can be started without a key
View Quote

My guess is you comply and then talk silly shit about it later. Good luck though.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 5:26:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So my it is a silly argument because I fear that my property could be damaged by a LEO
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 5:28:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

My guess is you comply and then talk silly shit about it later. Good luck though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Comply with what?
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 5:29:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

So my it is a silly argument because I fear that my property could be damaged by a LEO
View Quote

Asking for, telling you and even making you hand over your keys is a lawful event.

How you feel about it doesn’t change that.

But I understand.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 5:29:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Comply with what?
View Quote

The lawful instructions from a sworn peace officer.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 5:33:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
If those cops would have cooled down and thought logically and calmly about the rider's response that he didn't know the other rider, they might have realized he was possibly telling the truth. Towards the beginning, y can hear Officer Dunkins read off license plates to the dispatcher. One was from PA and another was from MD. Given that the riders live in different states, neither of which is the state in which they were stopped, it's entirely reasonable they might not know each other.

But, no, Officer Dunkins and Officer Roidrage don't know how to act professionally during what amounts to a simple traffic stop. Officer Roidrage needs fucking counseling and anger management classes, at a minimum.
View Quote

The motorcycle riders could have been in the military which would explain the different state licenses.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 5:39:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Comply with what?

It's the law that I have to comply with lawful commands exactly as the officer says and the law dictate.  It is amazing how some LEOs get mad when they don't like the answers given.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 5:44:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

It's the law that I have to comply with lawful commands exactly as the officer says and laws dictate.  It is amazing how some LEOs get mad when then don't like the answers given.
View Quote

All our back and forth is useless.   You have just been stopped and the officer clearly instructs you to hand over your  keys.

There are consequences for not doing so and in almost all encounters, the judge won’t agree with you when you don’t comply.

Everything is a fantasy.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 5:50:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

All our back and forth is useless.   You have just been stopped and the officer clearly instructs you to hand over your  keys.

There are consequences for not doing so and in almost all encounters, the judge won’t agree with you when you don’t comply.

Everything is a fantasy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's the law that I have to comply with lawful commands exactly as the officer says and laws dictate.  It is amazing how some LEOs get mad when then don't like the answers given.

Everything is a fantasy.

I do comply with exactly how the LEO states his commands and asks me questions.  After all that is what I am supposed to do.

Link Posted: 6/29/2022 5:52:13 PM EDT
[#38]
This doesn't just happen randomly. I'm guessing the bikers are idiots.

Lighting a cigarette during a traffic stop. Yeah, he's cool.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 5:59:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
This doesn't just happen randomly. I'm guessing the bikers are idiots.

Lighting a cigarette during a traffic stop. Yeah, he's cool.
View Quote

Not that uncommon during a stop
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 6:01:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I do comply with exactly how the LEO states his commands and asks me questions.  After all that is what I am supposed to do.

View Quote

So what’s your issue with an officer taking your key out of your bike?
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 6:04:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Do you have proof that they were doing all that?

You are OK with their personal property being taken and crushed?

What does their sexual orientation have to do with anything.  Fag is kind of derogatory
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't have a problem with it, assholes probably weaving, riding on the berm, high rates of speed.  Fuck em, should of had all those bikes crushed.

Bunch of fags

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2F4.bp.blogspot.com%2F-nL0SRFWDT7A%2FVBzj2rU97NI%2FAAAAAAAAzw0%2FjV0ZVqdYXF4%2Fs1600%2FPDVD_516.BMP&f=1&nofb=1

What does their sexual orientation have to do with anything.  Fag is kind of derogatory

Don’t pay him any mind, any thread about motorcycles and he rage posts as if a biker fucked his mom, his wife, and his daughter at the same time.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 6:09:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because I don't like my personal property being taken
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 6:10:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Don’t pay him any mind, any thread about motorcycles and he rage posts as if a biker fucked his mom, his wife, and his daughter at the same time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't have a problem with it, assholes probably weaving, riding on the berm, high rates of speed.  Fuck em, should of had all those bikes crushed.

Bunch of fags

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2F4.bp.blogspot.com%2F-nL0SRFWDT7A%2FVBzj2rU97NI%2FAAAAAAAAzw0%2FjV0ZVqdYXF4%2Fs1600%2FPDVD_516.BMP&f=1&nofb=1

Thanks.  I can see that now.

I guess he doesn't like gay people either
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 6:15:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Thanks.  I can see that now.

I guess he doesn't like gay people either
View Quote

Yeah he’s incredibly bitter. Search his posts since he’s been here, they’re all the same. He’s obviously miserable, his life probably sucks pretty bad.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 6:17:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

It may blow you mind to learn that sometimes people stopped by the police lie about what they know or don't know. It may also blow your mind to know that police have discretion. They have the right to remain silent and not answer any questions.  

View Quote

Not being a smart ass. But it just blows my mind that not all but some cops think everyone is liar. My point is what if those bikers really do not know the other guy. Plus if they broke the damn law write them a ticket or warning period regardless of their answer.

I'd also like to say I've only been stopped a few times in my life. I've never had a bad experience with L.E. I say yes sir and no sir. They also addressed me as sir. Also I've never had a speeding ticket. But if asked if I've ever sped, I'd be lying if I said no. But I do try not to.

But those good old boys are out of control. Tell me who the other guy is or I'm going to write you up. Write me a ticket for what? Not answering a question they may or may not know the answer to.

Just be professional. Do you know the other guy," no". OK here's your ticket for traffic violations. Thank you.

But I'd like to know what lead up to this interaction. ??
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 6:21:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Yeah, I am sure these guys were most likely riding like assholes. I understand his anger but the world is different than it used to be. He managed to make the bad guys look like victims because he couldn’t control his temper.
View Quote

Exactly and I'm sure they were driving like idiots to.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 6:24:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

IL state trooper had a rider pulled over which jammed up traffic.  As I was rolling up close to the rider the trooper started driving away.  A few seconds later the rider started yelling at the trooper that he had his bike key.  The trooper drove down the should a bit and stopped.  I pulled over behind the trooper, got out, walked up and told him he had the rider's key.  Trooper said oops and I got back in my work van.  I'm assuming he went back
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 6:37:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Beemers, too.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 6:37:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

IL state trooper had a rider pulled over which jammed up traffic.  As I was rolling up close to the rider the trooper started driving away.  A few seconds later the rider started yelling at the trooper that he had his bike key.  The trooper drove down the should a bit and stopped.  I pulled over behind the trooper, got out, walked up and told him he had the rider's key.  Trooper said oops and I got back in my work van.  I'm assuming he went back
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope that most LEO don't do it on purpose, but does happen. I've had it done to me.  The problem is when it does happen.  Does the person have any recourse if they don't get their property back?  I know some LEOS here will probably say that it never happens or twist it in a way that makes me look bad.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 6:40:09 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Beemers, too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Beemers, too.

I didn't know that.  Do they have the same kind of system?
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top