Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 3:23:56 PM EDT
[#1]
You're dealing with a zealot. I would start by being deeply offended by the way he personally attacked you and proceed to tell him to fuck off and never speak to you again.

If he has ANY actual ability to self reflect, he'll understand that since you are different than what he depicts, may e others are too. If not, fuck 'em.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 3:36:15 PM EDT
[#2]
You don’t need guns because the govt/police will protect you

Except, they are all for defunding the police
And every Agency NEEDS officers

So who is gonna protect you then?

But don’t worry, all the important people have armed
security. Just ask the mayor in Chicago
While the little people are dying in the streets

Link Posted: 5/28/2022 3:37:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I need an equally coherent and comprehensive response

He said he hates Tucker and Trump and anyone who watches Fox and had a fight with his own father who watches FoxNews, it gets just weirder and weirder.

Ironically lives in a free state, behind enemy lines as he sees it, surrounded by Trump people.
View Quote

He sounds unstable.

Someone should Red Flag him.

He can't see the truth any more. Even if you showed him the proof.
KGB defector Yuri Bezmenov's warning to America (1984)
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 3:42:18 PM EDT
[#4]
When they've fully converted it doesn't matter what you say, they will never change their mind no matter how well spoken your side is.

Cut him out of your life and move on.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 3:42:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
You mean "ex-acquaintence", right?

You need to be out of sight and out of mind of this guy. You won't change his mind, and the longer you engage, the more he'll remember you when there's a push to report on people.
View Quote

This.  There’s no good reason for OP to keep engaging with this “acquaintance”.

Consider this person an ex-acquaintance and move on with your life.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 3:45:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It's not worth responding/arguing with him, you're just wasting your time.
View Quote

This, just quietly cut them loose and go on with your life- anything else is inviting drama.  Expect to have them red flag you in the future.  
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 3:59:16 PM EDT
[#7]
There is only one law that might have had a chance of preventing the shooting in Texas. House to house confiscation of all firearms.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 4:00:36 PM EDT
[#8]
"fuck you" is always a classic, refined rebuttal.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 4:02:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Lol, I've learned that liberals do not acquire knowledge thru thought, logic and reason. They exist to transmit their twisted ideology backed by pure evil using emotional keywords.

Sorry OP, not going to waste my time reading that wall of text when I know the person cannot comprehend basic principles this country was founded on.

Your only reply should be, "interesting, Jack...see ya on the battlefield"...
View Quote

sure they do...it's all on the first page of a Google search, that's all they need to know, and it's factchecked too!
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 4:02:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Best response.

Fuck you.  Go see a mental health professional.  Don't talk to me ever again.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 4:05:56 PM EDT
[#11]
His last statement "the current abortion rage is a part of this insistence of dragging the country backwards. It's absolutely insane."
means that TX, Oklahoma, etc. are dragging us into the dark ages. Meaning if they outlaw abortion at 9 months it's the same as living in that dystopian fantasy movie, Handmaid's Tale.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 4:08:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I would take what the OP stated as a personal  direct threat to me and my family and not associate with that person and their family  for sny reason.

That is a passive aggressive threat.

Break all contact and move on.
View Quote

/sigh

That's a wise and simple advice and that's the reality of it.  The issue is me coming to terms with the above.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 4:17:26 PM EDT
[#13]
I am pretty sure he still has some hardware along with a bazillion survival tools and food and stuff. He used to have kind of a right wing/religious conspiratorial world view, then in it shifted into left wing conspiratorial world view.

He used to have at one point all these evil semi-autos and stuff.  It has been decades and I don't know if he still does or not, but will assume that he does.

Really tempted to tell him to take all his hardware and turn in it. Talk is cheap, just do it.

His rhetoric is aimed at others, thinking that he, himself will be exempt from it.  Which is really strange. Gun control has always turned societies into have and have-nots.

Cuba, the former Soviet Union, the state was armed with the latest-greatest to crush the opposition. All heads of state are protected by evil black riles of every permutation.

I think he lost the ability to reason, completely. And you can't chew and process the food for him, no matter how much you carefully spoon-feed him info. The problem is his cognitive decline. He was in a bad bike accident years ago, I wonder if he got brain damage, literally. Or it's cognitive decline that comes with age, or both.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 4:19:05 PM EDT
[#14]
In accordance to their stated beliefs and viewpoints, gun control advocates do not care how many children die from mass-killings (shootings), the number is "irrelevant".  One or a dozen or a thousand is not a relevant number to their position about their ideological agenda. Nor is it relevant to their position and ideas on what they believe without any evidence what they think should be done.
View Quote

I fixed that for you, OP.

Just dig up that quote from Ed Rendell, former governor of PA (Dem) after Newtown where he said, "the good thing about Newtown is that it was so horrific" it will bring people to support their ideological cause. The part in quotes is a verbatim quote, the rest is paraphrased. It's on Youtube.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 4:20:43 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm not fucking reading a lunatics ramble. Just do away with him.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 4:30:00 PM EDT
[#16]
The left is insane. When these shootings happen law after law is broken. Yet their solution is more laws. Can they not see that areas with the strictest gun laws have the highest crime.  
Lets limit magazines to10rounds. Then it will take longer to reload. Its just so stupid. Its just like covid. The only acceptable answer was a mask and get the shots. Nothing else even when we all see it doesn't work, still the only way.  
Any politician that is against guns should not be allowed to have armed security.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 4:31:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I stopped when I read " gun owner don't care how many children are murdered. Thats just not true. Everything else in the article is a blatant lie. Tell him to fuck off and never contact you again. I'm serious.
View Quote

It's not not true, though.

I give zero fucks about who or how many are killed; they shoulda fought harder.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 4:52:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

It's not not true, though.

I give zero fucks about who or how many are killed; they shoulda fought harder.
View Quote

Wait.

You don't care how many kids were killed, because they should have fought harder?

Am I reading that right?
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 4:53:55 PM EDT
[#19]
“Eat shit and die”
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 4:56:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
No you don't.  There is no reason to respond, at all.  Nothing you say is going to change this person's mind.  It is a waste of your time.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I need an equally coherent and comprehensive response

No you don't.  There is no reason to respond, at all.  Nothing you say is going to change this person's mind.  It is a waste of your time.

Thank him for his input, we’ll have to agree to disagree and if he’s not a big enough man to work with that, tell him thank you and have a good life.  Don’t respond to any additional comments and move on.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 4:58:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 4:58:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Wait.

You don't care how many kids were killed, because they should have fought harder?

Am I reading that right?
View Quote

I guess rather their parents should have fought more to harden and secure the school.

You let someone else take care of your security, you're in for the ride they select.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 4:59:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

This. Just cut his stupid ass loose, and forget you ever met him.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 6:26:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

This

Just disassociate yourself from it. It's not going to change your mind, and you're not going to change its mind.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 6:29:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Add up all the school shootings over the last 3 decades. Still doesn't come close to how many we kill in a single day with abortions.
View Quote

This is just a cringe worthy point that I hear people make all the time. It’s not some “gotcha” that you think it is.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 7:18:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
There is a very simple reason for that, and gun control is what liberals push in an effort to steer the debate away from it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Our society has a very high murder and crime rate overall, at least when compared to other Western countries.
There is a very simple reason for that, and gun control is what liberals push in an effort to steer the debate away from it.

Link Posted: 5/28/2022 7:36:29 PM EDT
[#27]
That's nothing but a word salad of projections, hyperbole, and topped off with an impressive compounding of logical falsehoods.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 7:47:41 PM EDT
[#28]
"Argumentation is wasted on enemies and strangers.  Arguing is something you should do with people who you know and respect, because you want what is best for them, and because their opinion matters to you.  Argue within your own circle.

F*** everyone else."

- Jack Donovan, Becoming A Barbarian
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 8:23:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Usually just tell them to die in a fire
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 8:31:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Ask these people to explain how the proposed legislation would actually prevent any murders.

Then be handy with an obvious work around.

Ban high caps? Virginia Tech was done with 10 rounders (fact check, please, going from memory).

Ban ARs? Just select the next best unbanned firearm, be it a shotgun, semi-auto pistol, revolver, lever action, etc. There is always the next best option.

Ban all guns and confiscate them? Use a pressure cooker, a box cutter, a truck or SUV, use gasoline, Kool-Aid, Fentanyl, drone bombs, etc.

Harden the heck out of schools? What about bus pick up and drop off sites? What about targeting the bus itself?

Background checks?  The government won't even prosecute actual criminals, are they to be trusted to do a background check that is anything but useless? We see what happens when zealots have control of Twitter and Facebook, does anyone trust the government to be evenhanded after watching the Durham probe and countless other acts of partisan corruption?

Basically, hold their feet to the fire, then roast them with historical failure after historical failure. Then point to Israel where an armed populace has ended many terror attacks by being prepared and present.

Their arguments are those of idiotic simpletons, who will only push more restrictions when the ones they got last time prove worthless.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 8:54:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Their arguments are those of idiotic simpletons, who will only push more restrictions when the ones they got last time prove worthless.
View Quote
That's the plan.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 8:57:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Time is a precious resource.

Be careful with who you waste it on.

Link Posted: 5/28/2022 9:02:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

He is not responding to any logical argument.
View Quote
You're surprised by this?
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 9:05:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Tell him you’ll respond to this letter when he acknowledges the 2,500 unborn babies aborted every day in America.  Until then he and the left have no credibility.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 9:14:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Ultimately, I have come to view such people as "irresponsible" and this irresponsibility is exhibited throughout their lives (not just on guns, but on most topics, including politics, religion, character, integrity and so on). They do not want to be held accountable for ANYTHING. If anyone is hurt by their actions (or their inactions), they don't care, as their "rights" triumph over everything and everyone else. To me, they are selfish assholes to the nth degree. Only concerned about themselves and nobody else. They will band together like a pack of rabid dogs and viciously attack anyone that dares point out their irresponsibility (or actions). America is full of such people, selfish assholes to the nth degree.
View Quote

I gotta say, this is some top level projection right here. I dont think since the Soviet Union has there been a group of people that have hidden away from, and blamed everyone but themselves for their idiotic failed policies more than modern progressive liberals. From the current inflation and insane gas prices, to the numerous rapes and violent crimes committed by miserable illegal fucksticks, to the shoplifting sprees caused by the Cali decriminalizing shoplifting, to the doubled murder rates and increased crime seen in all the cities that had BLM riots and movements to defund the police, and with so much more besides. Their bumbling incompetence and idiocy has caused a fuckload more deaths than 18, more like 1800 children, at least.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 9:15:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
When Cain killed Abel, God didn't blame the rock, he blamed Cain.
He didn't ban all rocks or even the big rocks.
View Quote
Hope you don't mind if a bunch of us use this. It is true!
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 9:18:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Mexico has great gun laws. You should move there; but you won't, because you're racist.

Link Posted: 5/28/2022 9:21:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

This is helpful.

But he is seriously delusional.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Khmer Rouge, Nazi Germany, Holodomor, Chinese concentration camps.

It would take hundreds of thousand of school shootings to approach the death toll of disarmed populaces.

Your move, fuckstain.

This is helpful.

But he is seriously delusional.

Perhaps he should be red flagged.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 9:23:53 PM EDT
[#39]
You need to understand, there is ZERO CHANCE you provide a cogent rebuttal that that nut job will scratch his head and say, damn, you're right.   I've been wrong all along.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 9:24:12 PM EDT
[#40]
Tell him to goto a gun buyback and get rid all of his guns and to get a machete to protect his family.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 9:31:17 PM EDT
[#41]
The next time he visits you:

Link Posted: 5/28/2022 9:35:52 PM EDT
[#42]
These arguments are ALWAYS countered in the same manner, and it is a twofold counter:  First point- if people want to kill/do harm to others, they're going to do it.  Whether it is firearms, vehicles, knives, hammers, baseball bats, etc...it's always going to get done.

Second, and the most important point to emphasize, is that the US Constitution was developed at a time when the citizens of the colonies had just fought a rather violent war.  These people knew that it was necessary for the populace to be able to equalize themselves against their government, should that government become tyrannical.  

This is about an American citizen's rights, which are given to us by God and are INALIENABLE.  This is the same logic these tyrannical fucks used during the CONvid charade: "give up your rights or people will die...wear this mask so you don't kill people...take this experimental gene therapy so you don't kill people...give up those guns so they don't kill people."  See how that stupidity works?  These fizz-brained fucks have forgotten that we will all die, there's no way out.

The commies have always implemented the utilitarian, "for the benefit of all," bullshit to appeal to those who are emotionally and physically pathetic, and it works extremely well. That's why your commie buddy uses children in his supposition, because when you speak about kids dying, it's real serious then, and you're a fucking barbarian if you disagree.

Well, the 2nd Amendment didn't specify that it would repeal itself in the event of 20 kids dying from a firearm used by a psychopath.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 10:34:22 PM EDT
[#43]
No response is just fine. If you're feeling non-confrontational but want to troll, maybe something along the lines of "hey Bill, having just read your recent message I am extremely concerned about your mental health (blah blah blah).

Alternately, a simple "we don't see eye to eye and I will not return any future correspondence" would work, or name any number of less kind ways to deliver the message that they're ill. If it gets continuous, which is often the case with rabid leftists, have fun and go big.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 10:37:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Tell him to read Solzhenitsyn and then you'll discuss it with him.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 10:39:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Sometimes you just gotta cut bait.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 10:43:08 PM EDT
[#46]
“Do not ever contact me again”.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 10:49:18 PM EDT
[#47]
Ask him if he would feel better if they shoved out of windows.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 10:49:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Gun control is designed from the ground up to make people vulnerable to atrocity.   In the US specifically it took off as a Jim Crow law, initially exactly as what we'd call "red flag" laws, then rapidly expanding across the US.  During prohibition to combat the rampant violent crime rate (caused by prohibition btw) gun laws went federal.

Again gun or more generally weapon control has been used by many governments through the centuries for one thing only.... to make people vulnerable to atrocity.   Anyone telling you different is lying to you.  It absolutely cannot be repurposed, only aimed at different demographics.  In 1990 the federal government aimed it squarely at school children.

The left's continual push for the expansion of Jim Crow laws has directly resulted in the death of numerous people including children and minorities.  At this point after years of dealing with hateful parasitic monsters standing on the bodies of still warm dead children they setup to die easily and calling for more, it's just safer to assume "anti-gun" people are legit bad people.    We are well past the point of compromise or "reasonable debate" with fundamentally unreasonable people on the subject,  we need to immediately push for the repeal of the majority of gun laws in this country.

Republican politicians who do the Republican thing (which is nothing) need to start supporting these endeavors or else be primaried, and we need Republican voters to start giving a shit.   For too long they have given their "leaders" a pass as they do nothing except use the left's insanity as a fund raising opportunity whole doing nothing to counter it.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 10:52:05 PM EDT
[#49]
He’s an old acquaintance, not a friend. Don’t waste your time responding. Stop wasting your time talking to him for any reason.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 11:55:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Report as spam and block.

Some old acquaintance should be forgot.

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top