Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 27
Link Posted: 10/26/2021 8:03:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Brought my 1301T to a wilderness event this weekend; we were shooting skeet and stuff.
My buddy Ben with my 1301 Tactical. Not ideal for skeet - naturally - but I still wanted to try and got away with some.

Considering to purchase another one with longer barrel just for skeet - since we'll be doing much more of it next year at school (YES, our children's school here in FL is going to have a skeet team)

ETA everyone was checking it out and loving it!

Beretta1301 by SoloDallas, on Flickr
Link Posted: 10/26/2021 10:07:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Dude I'm super jealous
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 8:07:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Dude I'm super jealous
View Quote

Thanks Whiskers!  I've made a concerted effort of late to sell off trinkets and BS that I don't need and focus on laying away higher quality guns.  Still no Staccato or KAC, but we're getting there.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 9:12:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Ok, I ordered one (1301T).

Already have the GGG adapter for the Magpul SGA stock (Mossberg) as it seems the Aridus is out of stock everywhere.

Ordered the Magpul Stock.

Looked at the GGG +2 and the Nordic +2.   I'll probably go with the Nordic (barring different advice from on here)....as the GGG needs a separate light mount (picatinny rail) and sling attachment (although they do have a part that combines both).

The Magpul stock has sling attachments on both sides, I believe?

The Nordic has a hole for a QD swivel.    

What Sling is good for these?   Any point to something like a Blackhawk that has shell loops?    What attachments (flat loop QD front or clip style)?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 9:15:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Already have the GGG adapter for the Magpul SGA stock (Mossberg) as it seems the Aridus is out of stock everywhere.

Looked at the GGG +2 and the Nordic +2.   I'll probably go with the Nordic (barring different advice from on here)....as the GGG needs a separate light mount (picatinny rail) and sling attachment (although they do have a part that combines both).

What Sling is good for these?   Any point to something like a Blackhawk that has shell loops?    What attachments (flat loop QD front or clip style)?

Thanks!
View Quote

I went with the GG&G +2 solely because I couldn't find the nordic in stock anywhere.  I like the nordic clamp that has the rail mount and sling attachment enough that if I find the nordic assembly in stock, I'll buy it and replace the GG&G setup.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 9:17:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Thanks!
View Quote

Do either the Nordic or GG&G extensions come with a new spring?

I'd recommend against any sling with shell loops on it.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 9:30:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

The Nordic comes with a new spring that you cut to length. A lot of people have had success using the stock spring.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 9:34:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

I thought I saw that the GGG says to use the factory spring, but sends a spare?

Thanks for the thought on the Sling.  I'm probably going to go with the velcro holder on the side of the receiver, and I have a shotgun belt/bandoleer (assuming my waist hasn't enlarged enough it won't fit) from many years ago.

So if there's a QD hole on the Nordic, get a flat QD loop and a sling that feeds through both loops (including the one on the Magpul stock)?
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 9:36:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I thought I saw that the GGG says to use the factory spring, but sends a spare?

View Quote

Same length though?

GG&G makes good stuff IME, but it looks like people here prefer Nordic.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 2:06:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Since competition and tactical stuff have a lot of crossover, is there such a thing as a tactical quad load carrier and has anyone tried to quad load one of these, comp or tactical?

I want a tactical because it looks cool, a competition would probably be a better buy for what it will get used for, though the cop removing the head of the bad guy with the hostage on thermal is pretty convincing.
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 10:06:25 AM EDT
[#11]
I ordered the GG&G stock adapter. Also, PA has the Magpul stocks on sale for $88.78

Also just noticed Arms Unlimited sells them for even cheaper

Link Posted: 10/28/2021 10:33:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Only difference is this comes with the 7 shot mag tube already I codes and you have the option for the postpone stock. Everything is same otherwise.
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 10:42:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I ordered the GG&G stock adapter. Also, PA has the Magpul stocks on sale for $88.78

Also just noticed Arms Unlimited sells them for even cheaper

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/342434/SGA-moss-2146086.png
View Quote

That's a real good deal, thanks.

Link Posted: 10/28/2021 11:03:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Posting mine as mentioned earlier above; it does look to me to be one of the latest ones but I am not really an expert on these

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51441841540_64c4ed926e_k.jpgBeretta 1301 Tactical LE by SoloDallas, on Flickr
View Quote

Fuck that shotgun is sexy.
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 11:06:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Fuck that sexy.
View Quote
Yeah, he probably works out.
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 11:17:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/hes_right_you_know-328.jpg

Shotguns, at the right range, with the right load, will physically remove a chunk of shit from your opponent and throw that shit on the floor.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
One stop shots?

What's next, racking the slide to scare people off?

Working the action to "scare people off" has no basis in reality.

A full pattern of buckshot delivered to a useful location instantaneously rendering someone incapable of continuing hostilities is a real thing.

Shotguns, at the right range, with the right load, will physically remove a chunk of shit from your opponent and throw that shit on the floor.

Absolutely.
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 11:51:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Absolutely.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
One stop shots?

What's next, racking the slide to scare people off?

Working the action to "scare people off" has no basis in reality.

A full pattern of buckshot delivered to a useful location instantaneously rendering someone incapable of continuing hostilities is a real thing.

Absolutely.

Blew a woodchuck just about in half with a 12 g load of 6's at point blank range in the 70s.  It was not dead immediately.  Point of impact is key.
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 12:01:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Since competition and tactical stuff have a lot of crossover, is there such a thing as a tactical quad load carrier and has anyone tried to quad load one of these, comp or tactical?

I want a tactical because it looks cool, a competition would probably be a better buy for what it will get used for, though the cop removing the head of the bad guy with the hostage on thermal is pretty convincing.
View Quote

That's a good idea and I think Safariland would be the perfect ones to design a quad load carrier with retention.

Every time I see one of the tactical guys loading shells singly from a bandolier or side saddle, it makes me think that the shotgun is not really a good choice most of the time.
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 12:03:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Blew a woodchuck just about in half with a 12 g load of 6's at point blank range in the 70s.  It was not dead immediately.  Point of impact is key.
View Quote

I lit up a stray cat that was living in my tractor 20 years ago.  I chased it out of the cab and peppered it up the tailpipe from about 30'.  Cats are tough, that sucker dragged it's back legs around for a week before we managed to put it down.

I learned my lesson about the right ammo in a shotgun.  Greg LeMond and Dick Cheney validate my concerns about it.  But with the right ammo...
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 12:32:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Botach has 'em for $1099. But it's Botach, so take that with a very large grain of salt.

https://botach.com/beretta-1301-tactical-shotgun-w-pistol-grip-mag-extention/?avad=211021_d2449008d
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Such a relief that everywhere is out of stock on these, or you guys would have emptied my wallet yet again.

Botach has 'em for $1099. But it's Botach, so take that with a very large grain of salt.

https://botach.com/beretta-1301-tactical-shotgun-w-pistol-grip-mag-extention/?avad=211021_d2449008d

I wouldn’t buy anything over $75 from Botach.
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 12:33:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 12:36:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I'm a little confused.  FC is desirable because it patterns tightly, yet buckshot is desirable vs rifle only because it spreads out.  I have buckshot, I'm just not sure why I want a tight pattern.  There's a sweet spot, it's just a very narrow window.  I don't like narrow windows.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is your agency still receiving Flite-control?  Wondering if commercial sales are being sacrificed for government sales, as FC can't be found by me.

Wish someone would just make and sale the wads. I could roll my own then.

I'm a little confused.  FC is desirable because it patterns tightly, yet buckshot is desirable vs rifle only because it spreads out.  I have buckshot, I'm just not sure why I want a tight pattern.  There's a sweet spot, it's just a very narrow window.  I don't like narrow windows.

Buck is great because it hits roughly approximate to 8x 9mm at once.
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 12:42:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Where do I see that video
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 12:51:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Fuck it, I'll be the test case.

Ordered.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Botach...yeah I know, but I've had good luck with them...has the PG version for $1099

https://botach.com/beretta-1301-tactical-shotgun-w-pistol-grip-mag-extention/

That's a deal...
Order with CC, dispute if needed. Worth gambling I think

Fuck it, I'll be the test case.

Ordered.

Brave man. They tried to fuck me earlier this year.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Well-it-took-years-but-I-ve-finally-been-Botached-Update-Refunded/5-2493485/

TL;DR

I ordered a new Leupold LCO from Botach and I was delivered a counterfeit. Botach originally told me to shove it. I escalated with PP. PP refunded me.
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 1:36:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Where do I see that video
View Quote

JohnWayne posted it earlier in this thread.
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 1:37:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Buck is great because it hits roughly approximate to 8x 9mm at once.
View Quote

Yep.  And the dispersion is actually working against you since most buckshot will end up in a ring at distance, leaving the center without many hits.
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 4:41:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

That's a good idea and I think Safariland would be the perfect ones to design a quad load carrier with retention.

Every time I see one of the tactical guys loading shells singly from a bandolier or side saddle, it makes me think that the shotgun is not really a good choice most of the time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I use safari land and they retain shells pretty well but don’t stand up to bumping into stuff or if you had to go prone.

If you truly want to speed up tactical type reloads California competition works would be best. Grab 3 or 4 shells at a time and thumb them in. With practice it’s a pretty fast reload. There low profile and retain shells in almost any scenario.

They also alow you to keep your gun up and ready to engage while your loading.
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 5:00:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I use safari land and they retain shells pretty well but don’t stand up to bumping into stuff or if you had to go prone.

If you truly want to speed up tactical type reloads California competition works would be best. Grab 3 or 4 shells at a time and thumb them in. With practice it’s a pretty fast reload. There low profile and retain shells in almost any scenario.

View Quote

Those California ones are what I use now although they don’t hold shells that well once you start running.
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 10:03:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don’t think a quad load would be easy under stress in a defense situation. Especially on a tactical. The comp has the port opened up quite a bit, and it’s the longer receiver so it makes speed reloads easier.

I have one of these ez8 holders, you can pretty easily grab 2, quad is possible but not ideal and would require a lot of practice to not screw up.
Gunner ez8

Link Posted: 10/28/2021 10:07:31 PM EDT
[#30]
I stumbled on this thread looking for information on the 1301 tactical which I just picked up from my LGS.

I have the gg&g sga adapter and mossberg stock arriving tomorrow along with their “high vis” follower. Can’t wait to get those installed. Thanks to the those for provided feedback on the 1301 and the gg&g components.

I wish I had found this thread before i listed my Nordic components mxt on eBay. I had planned to Install it before I knew beretta Introduced their “enhanced” 922r compliant version of the 1301. The Nordic comes with a new spring but they say you can reuse the stock spring so who knows.
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 10:10:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I don’t think a quad load would be easy under stress in a defense situation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Did you see John Wick 3?  

Quoted:

Especially on a tactical. The comp has the port opened up quite a bit, and it’s the longer receiver so it makes speed reloads easier.

I thought the new version had a bigger port like the Comps? It's confusing how many versions they have now.

Link Posted: 10/28/2021 10:39:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Did you see John Wick 3?  

I thought the new version had a bigger port like the Comps? It's confusing how many versions they have now.

https://i.imgur.com/DXqF0lo.jpeg
View Quote

It’s not opened up like the comps, it’s really a slight bevel compared to the gen1 with sharp corners.

My gen 1 tactical

Gen2 tactical w/ pro lifter

Comp pro (cut is the same in regular or pro, but pro gets the different lifter and red follower factory)

Comp pro with even more cut for competition
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 8:51:19 AM EDT
[#33]
where are you guys getting those little 1 round carriers that attach in front of the ejection port?  I know there's a name for them, but I can't remember what it is.  I like those.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 8:55:58 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
where are you guys getting those little 1 round carriers that attach in front of the ejection port?  I know there's a name for them, but I can't remember what it is.  I like those.
View Quote

https://matchsaverz.com/index.html
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 8:58:19 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

It’s not opened up like the comps, it’s really a slight bevel compared to the gen1 with sharp corners.

My gen 1 tactical
https://i.imgur.com/jFNyxV4.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/J7qUgYY.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/17CVdgz.jpg

Comp pro (cut is the same in regular or pro, but pro gets the different lifter and red follower factory)
https://i.imgur.com/Yeiu6IF.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/9cOzxMq.png
View Quote

Thanks for the detail. It looks like there are 3 types of port cuts now with all their different models. A little confusing and hard to keep track with.
The funny thing about this is that TFB video that’s so popular never mentioned the port and it’s really important for loading.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 9:32:01 AM EDT
[#36]

Athanku!
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 2:27:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 9:43:19 PM EDT
[#38]
I just saw that Obey (James from TFBTV) commented this in the thread about him being an arfcommer:

Quoted:

ETA an important comment: I was recently informed that Beretta cannot sustain demand with 1301 manufacturing in Italy, so soon-ish, they will be produced in the US as well. If you want an Italian model, get on it.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/29/2021 9:55:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I just saw that Obey (James from TFBTV) commented this in the thread about him being an arfcommer:

View Quote

I love beretta, but I would not buy a USA first run.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 9:58:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

There is the problem. Its obviously top tier and amazing but whats the purpose unless you are SWAT or something.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I want one of these...but I'm struggling to find an actual purpose that I'd use it for.

Now my A400...I try to shoot trap weekly at the local club. Next year I think I'm buying a nicer gun for clays.

There is the problem. Its obviously top tier and amazing but whats the purpose unless you are SWAT or something.

That's my thinking too.

I bought a M4 and shot it a bit but sold it and got a M2 Field w/ 21" barrel as it is much more useful.

I did see a 1301 the other day and want it because I'm hopeless.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 10:03:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

The Nordic comes with a new spring that you cut to length. A lot of people have had success using the stock spring.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You want between 12 and 14 inches of uncompressed spring sticking out the end of the tube with no cap for consistent reliable function.

You might get away with less for a while until the spring fatigues some.

My total tube capacity is 12 and I get excellent results with the nordic tube cut to length as described above.  If you are only adding a +2 or +3 extension you might get away with a stock spring.  

Link Posted: 10/29/2021 10:18:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Speaking as a 3 gunner, the quad load caddies aren't very practical.  You can't prone out on them without losing shells.

The older caddy style of shells for weak or strong hand loading are very practical, can go on a belt or a chest rig (belt would have better ergos), and is MUCH MUCH faster than the grab one and overhand into the chamber style of loading that James Reeves was doing in that video at Gunsite.

With practice, you can load one shell per second, shot to shot.  The trick to shooting a shotgun fast is not running it dry.  The trick to still shooting fast if you run dry is to have a match saver mounted on the handguard in front of your loading port.  

Bandoliers and receiver mounted single grab shells are SLOW.  In a practical world, it would be better to be prepared to transition to pistol if you run your shotgun dry.

You could possibly train around the issues of shell retention by carrying enough that dropping a few doesn't matter.  (What 3 gunners do.)  Some caddies are better than others.  A midpack 3-gunner is worlds ahead of what I saw going on in that video from Gunsite that Reeves posted.  If you really want to be switched on about keeping a shotgun stoked and firing, you should shoot some 3 gun matches.  You will learn quickly.  

I would almost always choose a rifle over a shotgun but I wouldn't hate my chances using a shotgun against a home invader who had a gun for persuasion that wasn't trained.

Link Posted: 10/29/2021 10:21:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
has anyone tried to quad load one of these, comp or tactical?

View Quote

Almost everyone opens up their loading port beyond what any factory model offers.  I've never seen a receiver fail because of it.  Mark Roth at Roth Performance or Steve Rose at Rose Action Sports in Kentucky can do a fantastic job for you.

The comp is a better gun all the way around IMHO.  pistol grips and rifle style sights have no place on a shotgun.  They are a hindrance.

Link Posted: 10/29/2021 10:23:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Agreed.  

If your solution is to single load, you should have packed a pistol instead of extra shotgun rounds.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 10:24:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Holy shit get out of my head.  

Seriously I posted before getting to your post.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 10:25:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Those California ones are what I use now although they don’t hold shells that well once you start running.
View Quote

They will hold the shells perfectly while they are full.  Once you grab a shell, the rest can bounce out.  So you need to train to grab 4 at once.  

When they are full you can hang upside down or do jumping jacks and not lose shells.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 10:25:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I don’t think a quad load would be easy under stress in a defense situation. Especially on a tactical. The comp has the port opened up quite a bit, and it’s the longer receiver so it makes speed reloads easier.

I have one of these ez8 holders, you can pretty easily grab 2, quad is possible but not ideal and would require a lot of practice to not screw up.
Gunner ez8

View Quote

The pistol grip on the tactical makes quad loading much more difficult.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 10:29:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

A bad quad load on a well ported gun is better than that lone shell over the top into the ejection port.  A duo load is even easier.

The hard part of quad loading is the grab.  Everyone is in a hurry to grab the shells.  If you grab them wrong, you aren't getting them into the gun smoothly.

A good port job is essential as well.  And a good lifter.  The Roth Performance Quad Vacuum port is great.   I did my own port slowly, by hand, with files and then cleaned up with a dremel.  If I was doing it today I would send it to Steve Rose or Mark Roth.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 10:32:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

My gen 1 tactical
https://i.imgur.com/jFNyxV4.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/J7qUgYY.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/17CVdgz.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Yeiu6IF.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/9cOzxMq.png
View Quote

How 3 gunners cut their ports.  Those factory ports still need work.

Link Posted: 10/29/2021 10:37:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 27
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top