Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 4:38:42 PM EDT
[#1]
We use Iron Horse chairs in our control room. They get sat in 24/7 and so far they are about 5 years old. 12 hour shifts are easy with the right chair.
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 4:51:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We use Iron Horse chairs in our control room. They get sat in 24/7 and so far they are about 5 years old. 12 hour shifts are easy with the right chair.
View Quote

I think you just won the most expensive chair contest.

Holy moley.
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 4:51:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

The aeron will go down as a classic of industrial design.

The blacked out gaming chair isn’t bad. Most look like a Monster can.

View Quote

You can buy almost all of them in either monster can or just Black.
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 4:51:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
My refurb Aeron does well. Doubt I would ever pay retail. I'm sure there are better bangs for the buck these days. But don't discount refurb.
View Quote

+1
Refurb Aeron here.  Size B.  Standard casters are fine.  The cheaper lumbar support is fine.  You do want all the adjustments and the arms.  Was looking at them for my coworker last week and they're currently $550 shipped.  $300 if we wanted to drive to atlanta ot pick one up from an office that was being parted out.
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 4:52:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I've been working from home office for just over two years. Prior to that, in another career, I was in an office for the last 6.5 years of my career. At the previous job I had to fight for a new chair and got approved for a sub $200 hunk o crap from the local office supply house. It was OK but I had to get up and move a lot and struggled to stay at the desk for an extended period.

When I got a new job (career and life, actually, since life after law enforcement is f^cking spectacular and like being born again), I just grabbed a spare "office" type chair we had at the house, left over from my wife's sewing room. It worked for a while, but I kept looking for better. Fortunately, my employer is based in greater Grand Rapids, MI, home of Steelcase, Herman Miller, Haworth and several other makers. Basically, 3 of the top 4 US makers of office furniture are there and my employer has HM & SC stuff everywhere.

On a trip up to HQs this summer, I had our facilities manager find me a great deal ($400 out the door) on a used, EC Aeron chair and ponied up. HUGE difference. I actually can't believe how much easier it is to stay focused and sit through hours of video conferences and calls.

BUY A GOOD CHAIR. There is a reason Herman Miller chairs hold value and are so well regarded. I was sceptical but a co-worker I trusted advised me to get a good chair. The aesthetics of the Aeron are not the greatest, and new chairs offer lots of whiz-bang features, but the Aeron remains a classic of design and function. The Randall model 1-7 of chairs, IMO.
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 7:28:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Holy moley.
View Quote
You obviously missed the $4-5,000 chair earlier in thread
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 1:04:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Timely thread, I have to finish up our home office.
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 1:05:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Steelcase Leap, picked up at the Healthy Back Store.  Almost certainly overpaid, but it is comfortable.

And we need another due to Kung Flu.
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 1:09:32 PM EDT
[#9]

My God, I thought that was a joke. It's not.

65 years old man was injured by the office chair explosion in China. Parts of the chair were being shot into his stomach through his anus.

Link Posted: 12/13/2020 1:13:47 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a used Aeron and a used Miram chair.

First, scour Craigslist for used chairs. You can usually get a used chair for 50-60% less than a new one.

Overall I like my Miram better, but these have been out of production for years.

If a Miram isn’t available, get the Aeron.

Make sure the hair fits okay (the come in sizes), the mesh fabric isn’t torn, and the controls and wheels work.
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 1:45:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Steelcase leap v2, refurb.  It’s great,  no seat related pains anymore.
View Quote

Yep, order from Crandall’s as they actually support their product.   Had a cylinder leak, they sent me a new one and a sleeve to stabilize it in the base.  No cost and it took like 2days to get.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 12:30:48 AM EDT
[#12]
bumping this thread for more recommendations
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 12:34:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Holy moley.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holy moley.

The way I figure it will be the last chair you ever have to buy. I "could" sleep in those chairs. *Wink wink*
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 12:56:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The way I figure it will be the last chair you ever have to buy. I "could" sleep in those chairs. *Wink wink*
View Quote

I suppose your right. They'd bury me in it because my wife would kill me the instant she saw the bill.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 9:22:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Back in March after it became obvious that WFH was going to be long term, I bought a refurbish Steelcase Think chair from Crandall Office Furniture. I got it in about 5 days and upon receipt looked brand new.

I've had one of these chairs for the past 12 years at work and had been considering one for my home office even before C19, but was put off by the cost because I only worked from home one day a week. They cost around $600 new. The refurb from Crandall saved me a lot of money, got me a basically new chair, and it came with a 12 year warranty.

It's definitely one of my best purchases.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 9:56:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

+1
Refurb Aeron here.  Size B.  Standard casters are fine.  The cheaper lumbar support is fine.  You do want all the adjustments and the arms.  Was looking at them for my coworker last week and they're currently $550 shipped.  $300 if we wanted to drive to atlanta ot pick one up from an office that was being parted out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My refurb Aeron does well. Doubt I would ever pay retail. I'm sure there are better bangs for the buck these days. But don't discount refurb.

+1

I did end up replacing the casters as they were chewing up my wood floors. Even still I'm all in for maybe $600-650. I've done enough 12 hour shifts that even the cheap knock offs at the office don't cut it.

They (refurb) aren't perfect. Aside from new casters I've hosed the 'gear' in on armrest. It will rotate all about. The vertical adjustment doesn't have enough resistance anymore causing me to readjust a few times a day.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 10:02:01 AM EDT
[#17]
I really miss my Humanscale Freedom chair.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 10:08:42 AM EDT
[#18]
Stand up desk and stability ball for when you want to sit. My back feels 100 X better.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 10:13:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Lots of good options out there.

Aeron chairs have worked for us.  Wife & I both had them for 15 or so years at work.  I bought a large for me for ~$700 new.  Soon after that I got a medium new one from Amazon for $399 new for my wife.  

We really like them and have had no problems with them.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 10:39:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Raynor Ergohuman
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 11:18:35 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Aeron chairs have worked for us.  Wife & I both had them for 15 or so years at work.  I bought a large for me for ~$700 new.  Soon after that I got a medium new one from Amazon for $399 new for my wife.  

View Quote

The mesh seat type?  I never understood why folks loved that.  They were popular as hell and if you had one, you were the tits, but my skinny ass wants some padding.  I suppose some people's ass needs a lot of ventilation.  I'll take the padding instead.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 11:25:19 AM EDT
[#22]
I just replaced mine with a nice Hon. Very comfortable. I couldn't justify the grand for a nice HM.

Hon Ignition 2.0
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 11:49:35 AM EDT
[#23]
as a result of some worldwide pandemic that seems to be going on, earlier this year i decided to get a good chair that i could sit and work in while i banned from the office and stuck at home.
i did some research, consulted the googles, some astute redditors, the hordes of arfcom GD, and others.

this HM Aeron "replica" is priced right and well, it works.  
the basic chair comes in different backs (med/high), seat covers (mesh/fabric), colors.

https://www.officedepot.com/a/products/510830/WorkPro-Quantum-9000-Mesh-Series-Mid/
https://www.officedepot.com/a/products/294531/WorkPro-Quantum-9000-Series-MeshFabric-Mid/
etc
per 2nd link above they also come with fabric bottom, versus the standard mesh.

????? 4.5 out of 5 stars. Read reviews for WorkPro® Quantum 9000 Mesh Series Mid-Back Desk Chair, Black
1319 Reviews
1077 out of 1197 (90%) reviewers recommend this product

they are VERY well built and there are replacement parts are available.

don't just take my word for it, e.g.
http://ergonomictrends.com/workpro-quantum-9000-office-chair-review/

ps
speaking of pricing, about every 2-4 weeks at Office Depot they will go on sale for $50-150 off.
note: this has created a "chair-arbitrage" scheme on amazon -- independent sellers on amazon will buy $100-off chairs at Office Depot and then sell them on Amazon for inflated prices.
and, in general they will sell chairs that they don't actually have, tell you it's "now backordered" AFTER you buy it on amazon, and then wait for it to go on sale at Office Depot so they can ship it to you.
i know this because this is exactly what happened when i first tried to buy this chair in the spring, and i finally got it direct from Office Depot on sale and about $150 less than the chairs were on Amazon.

aside: Amazon prices are not great.  for example, food staples are HELLA CHEAPER over on walmart.com, with free shipping on orders over $35, and no yearly membership either.

ar-jedi

Link Posted: 12/15/2020 12:10:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

The mesh seat type?  I never understood why folks loved that.  They were popular as hell and if you had one, you were the tits, but my skinny ass wants some padding.  I suppose some people's ass needs a lot of ventilation.  I'll take the padding instead.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, the mesh style (someone posted a picture above this.)  The mesh is stretched across a frame so it has some built in give.  It's not padding, but it's not like a hard surface either.  
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 12:27:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

practically every quality chair is available with either a mesh seat or a fabric seat.  example above.  so, you have options -- vote with your wallet.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 12:30:43 PM EDT
[#26]

Tell me more. I saw that in some youtube reviews and it looks like a good fit for me.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 6:19:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Tell me more. I saw that in some youtube reviews and it looks like a good fit for me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Cmon @Dagger41, I need the details!
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 6:33:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thanks for the mention @Maverick52

I was given the chair at work. It was the owner's until somebody stood on one of the armrests to change a lightbulb and broke it.
Humanscale is an American company and I sent them an email asking how much a replacement armrest would cost. They emailed back and asked for the serial number so i found it and responded with it.
They emailed back and asked if the upgraded armrests could be sent to the address they had on file free of charge.

Hell yeah they could !

I had 2 new armrests sitting in my office about a week later.

My chair isn't exactly as the one pictured as it is leather.
It was quite expensive , something like $3K CDN at the time.
It also has a lifetime warranty.

Sitting at a friends house right now as I couldn't bring it with me on a plane.

BTW , a member here from NJ contacted me when I was looking for info on the chair.
He built my chair.

I wish I knew his handle.

Chair wise , it's amazing and the ergo's are incredible.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 7:03:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I suppose your right. They'd bury me in it because my wife would kill me the instant she saw the bill.
View Quote

I used to have office chairs. I started a thread about replacing mine.  I did a ton of research and really wanted a Titan.  I went with this instead:

Spieltek 300.

Everything is adjustable.

Comfortable sitting on it for full day computer work.

Great for gaming on computer or console.

Built to last.

B&H Review
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 7:07:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Secret Labs Titan XL

nice and big chair. gaming chars are WAY more comfortable for office work.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1640/2231/files/turntable_2020_TTXL_pu_stealth_2-min.jpg
View Quote

Secretlabs Titan FTMFW.

incredibly well built, very comfortable.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 7:39:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I was given the chair at work. It was the owner's until somebody stood on one of the armrests to change a lightbulb and broke it.
Humanscale is an American company and I sent them an email asking how much a replacement armrest would cost. They emailed back and asked for the serial number so i found it and responded with it.
They emailed back and asked if the upgraded armrests could be sent to the address they had on file free of charge.

Hell yeah they could !

BTW , a member here from NJ contacted me when I was looking for info on the chair.
He built my chair.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hell yeah they could !

He built my chair.

Thanks @Dagger41 !!!

I'm trying to find one to sit in and try out. I've also been looking for rental companies to see if I can test drive some of these chairs. One thing I'd love to know about your chair is if you've ran into any wear & tear issues with it, especially since you got it used. Things like creaks, squeaks, stuff coming loose, etc.

Personally what appeals to me from looking at the Freedom is that I like to have a slight recline while I work, and with my current chair the neck pillow gives me decent head/neck support but it doesn't help keep my eyes pointed at the screen. I see the Freedom is designed specifically to do this. Since I work from home I also tend to be a little more relaxed while working (socks and shorts vs. business casual) so I tend to "get comfortable" and will cross a leg kinda like this...

Attachment Attached File

...so the seat pan also looks like it would be a good fit, versus something like the Herman Miller Aeron where the frame is going to be uncomfortable to do that with. And yeah, I get that it's not the way you're supposed to sit, but sometimes...
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 7:48:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I used to have office chairs. I started a thread about replacing mine.  I did a ton of research and really wanted a Titan.  I went with this instead:

https://static.bhphoto.com/images/images2500x2500/spieltek_gc_300l_b_300_series_gaming_chair_1603856143000_1560823.jpg

Spieltek 300.

Built to last.

B&H Review
View Quote

This looks pretty similar to what I have now, better looking lumbar pillow in this one however. And not as much side support on the seat pan, which is good.

Maybe the Chinese Amazon one I have just isn't sized all that great (although it's supposed to be...) but the side bolsters from that "racing seat" style design get uncomfortable IMO. The Secretlab Titan that has been suggested here was also on my radar when I bought the one I have now, and part of the reason I went with the cheaper Amazon one was because that design concerned me. Side bolsters are great when you're pulling G's on a track, I don't need them in my office though FWIW, I'd expect the Titan to still be more comfortable, due to construction and probably sizing, but overall I just don't think I'm going to be a fan of those side bolters. I do enjoy a healthy manspreading, and they kinda interfere with that. The one you pictured looks like it might not interfere as much, but I'd be concerned about feeling the frame as a "hot spot" anyways.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 7:49:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Thanks @Dagger41 !!!

I'm trying to find one to sit in and try out. I've also been looking for rental companies to see if I can test drive some of these chairs. One thing I'd love to know about your chair is if you've ran into any wear & tear issues with it, especially since you got it used. Things like creaks, squeaks, stuff coming loose, etc.

Personally what appeals to me from looking at the Freedom is that I like to have a slight recline while I work, and with my current chair the neck pillow gives me decent head/neck support but it doesn't help keep my eyes pointed at the screen. I see the Freedom is designed specifically to do this. Since I work from home I also tend to be a little more relaxed while working (socks and shorts vs. business casual) so I tend to "get comfortable" and will cross a leg kinda like this...

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/280940/chair_jpg-1732843.JPG

...so the seat pan also looks like it would be a good fit, versus something like the Herman Miller Aeron where the frame is going to be uncomfortable to do that with. And yeah, I get that it's not the way you're supposed to sit, but sometimes...
View Quote

I had the chair for over 5 years , it's built like a tank.
Never had to tighten anything , nothing ever tore or made noise.
It's got an exo-skeleton design , you lean back in it and it adjusts to your posture and cradles your head to decrease neck strain.

It's heavy so you will need a solid pad underneath it , probably wreck a carpet without one.

I miss it dearly.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 7:52:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I had the chair for over 5 years , it's built like a tank.
Never had to tighten anything , nothing ever tore or made noise.
It's got an exo-skeleton design , you lean back in it and it adjusts to your posture and cradles your head to decrease neck strain.

It's heavy so you will need a solid pad underneath it , probably wreck a carpet without one.

I miss it dearly.
View Quote

Awesome, thanks.

I have hardwood so wrecking carpet won't be a problem.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 7:56:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
as a result of some worldwide pandemic that seems to be going on, earlier this year i decided to get a good chair that i could sit and work in while i banned from the office and stuck at home.
i did some research, consulted the googles, some astute redditors, the hordes of arfcom GD, and others.

this HM Aeron "replica" is priced right and well, it works.  
the basic chair comes in different backs (med/high), seat covers (mesh/fabric), colors.

https://www.officedepot.com/a/products/510830/WorkPro-Quantum-9000-Mesh-Series-Mid/
https://www.officedepot.com/a/products/294531/WorkPro-Quantum-9000-Series-MeshFabric-Mid/
etc
per 2nd link above they also come with fabric bottom, versus the standard mesh.

4.5 out of 5 stars. Read reviews for WorkPro Quantum 9000 Mesh Series Mid-Back Desk Chair, Black
1319 Reviews
1077 out of 1197 (90%) reviewers recommend this product

they are VERY well built and there are replacement parts are available.

don't just take my word for it, e.g.
http://ergonomictrends.com/workpro-quantum-9000-office-chair-review/

ps
speaking of pricing, about every 2-4 weeks at Office Depot they will go on sale for $50-150 off.
note: this has created a "chair-arbitrage" scheme on amazon -- independent sellers on amazon will buy $100-off chairs at Office Depot and then sell them on Amazon for inflated prices.
and, in general they will sell chairs that they don't actually have, tell you it's "now backordered" AFTER you buy it on amazon, and then wait for it to go on sale at Office Depot so they can ship it to you.
i know this because this is exactly what happened when i first tried to buy this chair in the spring, and i finally got it direct from Office Depot on sale and about $150 less than the chairs were on Amazon.

aside: Amazon prices are not great.  for example, food staples are HELLA CHEAPER over on walmart.com, with free shipping on orders over $35, and no yearly membership either.

ar-jedi

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e5/76/60/e57660427dda458584db2ccaba740a53.png
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/15/2020 7:57:58 PM EDT
[#36]
La-Z-Boy...but I can't remember which model, although I'm currently sitting on an exercise ball instead.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 8:04:06 PM EDT
[#37]
I bought the lazy boy manager chair.  a bit of a pain to attach the two halves together. but its pretty comfy. Had it for a year still works great.

only issues is one armrest it starting to get cracks in the cover.  I wish it had a full  length headrest instead of stopping just about the shoulders. the armrests are a little flimsy but they move. I did not want one of the fixed in place armrests as they are too narrow and I have broken 3 of those on other chairs.

I got it for 199 at costco, but seen it at office depot for 50 bucks more. I looked at chairs from $99-$450 and picked this one. there was one that was $350 but forgot the name but it was a little more firm than this one.

I would buy it again, I can sit in awhile and feel ok.  it has halfass lumbar support. which I suppose is better than none.

I spent a month or more looking at chairs, a ton more online but I wanted to preview whatever I got. I had a old school office leather chair but he arm broke on it and it started to sag in the seat so it was not comfortable after about 20 minutes.

Link Posted: 12/15/2020 8:05:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

This looks pretty similar to what I have now, better looking lumbar pillow in this one however. And not as much side support on the seat pan, which is good.

Maybe the Chinese Amazon one I have just isn't sized all that great (although it's supposed to be...) but the side bolsters from that "racing seat" style design get uncomfortable IMO. The Secretlab Titan that has been suggested here was also on my radar when I bought the one I have now, and part of the reason I went with the cheaper Amazon one was because that design concerned me. Side bolsters are great when you're pulling G's on a track, I don't need them in my office though FWIW, I'd expect the Titan to still be more comfortable, due to construction and probably sizing, but overall I just don't think I'm going to be a fan of those side bolters. I do enjoy a healthy manspreading, and they kinda interfere with that. The one you pictured looks like it might not interfere as much, but I'd be concerned about feeling the frame as a "hot spot" anyways.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://static.bhphoto.com/images/images2500x2500/spieltek_gc_300l_b_300_series_gaming_chair_1603856143000_1560823.jpg

Spieltek 300.

Built to last.

B&H Review

I'm sitting on it now.  Firm but no hot spots.  Mansspreading is g2g because of the lack of bolsters and the arm supports are at the hip level so thighs can spread to about a 90 degree V.

The seat is more like a nice office chair without the side bolsters.

I'm 5'10, and the neck pillow is great when on a slight recline to full recline.  Straight up and the pillow is about 2" too low for good neck support. It's easy to take off though.

Reclining is nice and with the zero gravity lock it can be really nice.    

The arms adjust forward/back, up/down and rotate in/out.  Some gamer chairs push out/in in relation to the torso but the 300 doesn't have that.  The arms are soft touch but firm. Not cushions that will wear out over time.

The base is really nice.  Wide and full metal.  The shock is strong too. Casters are metal and plastic but solid.

I thought the lumbar pillow would suck.  Both pillows are nice, like memory foam with a soft microsuede material.  With my rugby injuries I have some back issues.  These pillows along with the other features really help reduce pain and fatigue.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 8:07:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
The chair I have is shitty, so I'm watching this thread for suggestions as well.

One thing I've noticed between chairs people always seem to recommend (all across the web) is "gaming" style chairs tend to have high backs while "office" chairs tend to have low or mid backs. Part of me wonders if this is just styling thing with gaming chairs, since they're pretty clearly styled after automotive racing seats, or if it has something to do with the intended use of the chair? I could see gaming chairs wanting a high back due to the person using the chair usually sitting in it for a long period of time without getting up at all, versus an office environment where people may frequently get up to take a coffee break, go to a meeting, etc. It would kind of align with how racing seats are going to be sat in non-stop for a long duration.

FWIW, my shitty chair is some random gaming chair I picked up from Amazon. I bought it to try out this style vs. a standard office chair style, and I tend to like the high back aspect of it because I can set it to a slight recline and have head/neck support which I find more comfortable overall.

The worst part about chairs IMO is there is no good way to try one out. Even if you're lucky enough to have somewhere local to sit in a Herman Miller or something you can't actually sit in the thing for 8 hours a day over the course of a week to see if it helps. IMO, unless your office chair is completely busted/worn out then the pain from sitting in one is usually an issue of fatigue. Sitting in a new one for a couple minutes might give you an idea of if it's better, but it's still only an idea.
View Quote

some of the gaming chairs are very narrow on the sides, and sometimes very stiff in the back or the seat.    A bunch I looked at had this raised pad on the sides of the seat.  Im a big dude and my legs sit right on top of those raised parts and its not comfortable. Though you ride a crotch rocket so it might just be good for you.......... one uncomfortable thing to another.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 8:18:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

some of the gaming chairs are very narrow on the sides, and sometimes very stiff in the back or the seat.    A bunch I looked at had this raised pad on the sides of the seat.  Im a big dude and my legs sit right on top of those raised parts and its not comfortable. Though you ride a crotch rocket so it might just be good for you.......... one uncomfortable thing to another.
View Quote

lol actually it's an adventure bike which appealed to me due to the on & offroad focus, but also because of the more comfortable seating position versus a sport bike.

You're right though, those seat pans with the raised sides suck.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 8:43:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 8:45:17 PM EDT
[#42]

That makes my back, neck, knees and ankles hurt just looking at it.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 8:56:11 PM EDT
[#43]
I was just pricing new office chairs today.  this thread is extremely relevant to my interests.

I know the Aeron has a great rap around here.   I keep wondering if there isn't something better for the money though.

I spend a stupid amount of time at my computer desk.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 9:03:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

That makes my back, neck, knees and ankles hurt just looking at it.
View Quote
You'd have to mix it up; an hour of indian-style, an hour of balance board.

Link Posted: 12/15/2020 9:09:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
You'd have to mix it up; an hour of indian-style, an hour of balance board.

https://i.imgur.com/GbwISP6.jpg
View Quote

After years of working physical jobs on my feet, I'll never understand the standing desk.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 9:35:07 PM EDT
[#46]
I have one of these,
Its pretty awesome

Haworth Chair
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 9:38:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Stand up desk...buy or build.
Best thing I did 5 years ago.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 9:47:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

The Aeron mesh I have is much more comfortable on the bottom than any padded office chair I've had. It won't break down over time and is much more consistent over a period of sitting. It doesn't feel "unpadded" at all.

That $450 dollar Aeron knock off is a poor value, compared to a used Aeron which will hold value, is easy to find parts for, is made in the US, and recognized as a symbol of quality. Used Aerons in great shape are in the $450 range all day and any used office furniture store in a large city will have some in stock.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 10:03:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Anybody try the Autonomous chairs?  Looking at this one.

https://www.autonomous.ai/office-chairs/kinn-chair?option1559=1888
View Quote

I have 2 of the ErgoChair2... not one complaint! Really really good... (Honey found me $80 off)
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 10:07:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Gaming chairs generally look like trash. That one isn’t bad, but the logos.......
View Quote

I just got a Secretlab Titan last month, with fabric instead of leather/pleather.  I just put a $10 solid black chair cover from Amazon on the top of it, mainly to protect the fabric in case I drop some food on it or something, but I guess it covers up the logo too.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top