Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1028 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:40:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:41:39 PM EDT
[#2]
If Putin really wants to fuck with the program he just needs to release all the old files on all the western collaborators from 1917 to perhaps the mid 2000's.  That would truly piss off the western establishments and still protect his current collaborative assets.  And yes I'd like to see even the current ones exposed and hung but I don't see the rooshins giving up current USEFUL assets...

Shit a move like that would probably get russia nuked preemptively ...  
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:43:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 715700] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Zhukov:

Unfortunately, it seems like the Russians are getting their act together. Maybe not totally, but enough to make steady progress towards taking Kiyv. As heroic as the Ukrainian effort has been, I still think it's only a matter of time until the accomplish their goal. The key questions that will have to be answered: At what price, and now what?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Unfortunately, it seems like the Russians are getting their act together. Maybe not totally, but enough to make steady progress towards taking Kiyv. As heroic as the Ukrainian effort has been, I still think it's only a matter of time until the accomplish their goal. The key questions that will have to be answered: At what price, and now what?

That isn’t new footage,that is from the initial assault.

Those exact same VDV ended up meeting UA SF in the town of Hostomel and it didn’t go nearly as smoothly

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:43:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By kncook:

This from early on?
View All Quotes

This from early on?

The claim is that it is from a few weeks ago.  So these would be the units eventually destroyed along with some of the Ka-52's shown.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:43:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By rca2222:

I don't know. Probably longer than we'd like to think.

I can't think of an off ramp for Putin that the west and Ukraine could tolerate, unless Ukraine decides they can live with admitting to the loss of Crimea and Donbass.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Nailcrusher:
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
Originally Posted By outofbattery:
Russia said that ships carrying weapons to Ukraine would be considered legitimate military targets. I assume this is a ploy to try to get merchant ships scared to sail,I can't see them being stupid enough to do something like trying to sink a freighter in the North Sea or Med they came to the conclusion was carrying weapons.

Every day that passes without a Russian flag over Kyiv the greater the chances Putin behaves even more irrationally so I honestly wouldn't discount the possibility of anything,including something to provoke NATO.

Agree. Putin is painting himself into a coffin corner w/o someone giving him a big fucking off ramp.

And that's what makes this situation so dangerous to the world.
Cornering a powerful, desperate man might cause him to do unthinkable things.

At this point what does the golden bridge look like? Putin has to be able to save face.

FWIW, I still believe that this invasion happened because there was no way for him to back off without losing face. I think he wanted to make Crimea official, along with the Donbass region, but the west and Ukraine offered resistance that he hadn't planned for. He likely thought that he would have gotten what he wanted purely through intimidation. "The mighty Russian military has terrified the Ukrainian Nazis and liberated our ethnic Russian brothers without ever firing a shot" would have made him a hero at home, with no military losses to explain and no exposure of his military's actual capability.

I can agree with that. Now this has reached a point where it's become less likely for Putin to be hailed as that national hero. And that's the question that needs answering. Even if he was to "defeat" Ukraine, the resulting insurgency would drag on forever. How long is Russia prepared to suffer that slow bleed?

I don't know. Probably longer than we'd like to think.

I can't think of an off ramp for Putin that the west and Ukraine could tolerate, unless Ukraine decides they can live with admitting to the loss of Crimea and Donbass.

Shit, let’s start with Ukraine getting Crimea and Donbass, now what  other land does Ukraine want in reparations from a bunch of punk-ass motherfuckers who invaded them & then got their asses kicked.  Yeah, let’s start there.

FIGHT, Ukraine!
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:43:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By realwar:

Was just posted today.
View All Quotes

This from early on?

Was just posted today.

I suspect the question is more about when the action took place rather than when it was posted.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:43:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HIPPO] [#7]

Was just posted today.
View All Quotes

This from early on?

Was just posted today.

Originally posted online by a Russian MoD aligned source. Happened early on with one of the original airfield assaults around the capital that was repulsed.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:43:51 PM EDT
[#8]

Here's a link to the Russians propaganda YouTube channel. Some interesting videos including this one. The Russian comments are priceless (major brainwashing over there).

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQGqX5Ndpm4snE0NTjyOJnA/videos
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:44:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By juan223:
If Putin really wants to fuck with the program he just needs to release all the old files on all the western collaborators from 1917 to perhaps the mid 2000's.  That would truly piss off the western establishments and still protect his current collaborative assets.  And yes I'd like to see even the current ones exposed and hung but I don't see the rooshins giving up current USEFUL assets...

Shit a move like that would probably get russia nuked preemptively ...  
View Quote

They arleady did.  Joe McCarthy was right about every single person accused of being a commie.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:45:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Spade:

As official Atheists, the Soviets suppressed the Russian Orthos until they realized they couldn't eliminate it forever. So at some point they made sure every bishop and every higher official was KGB.

Krill became a Bishop in 76. So we can safely assume he was a KGB agent.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By M-1975:
Originally Posted By Balu:
Originally Posted By agillig:
For those that don't know,Schrder is the German who sold his country's soul for Russian oil and gas. He is the definition of a paid off stooge. The only worse politician I can think of in terms of taking totalitarian money for more detriment is Kissinger.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56204/19FA06D1-BA20-4583-AB29-40CC7D597A3F_jpe-2310480.JPG
Jesus said when you pray, you shouldn't make a big show of it.  I guess she missed that part.

Matthew 6:5-6

And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/177432/Kirill_Putin_Ridus_ru__jpg-2310665.JPG

As official Atheists, the Soviets suppressed the Russian Orthos until they realized they couldn't eliminate it forever. So at some point they made sure every bishop and every higher official was KGB.

This.

Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:46:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Voland:

Good. I hope he remembers that any attack on nato and nato property will result in a military response...
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Chokey:

Good. I hope he remembers that any attack on nato and nato property will result in a military response...
He's probably counting on Biden and NATO's cowardice and expects them to stop weapons shipments to Ukraine "to avoid escalation".
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:46:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 74HC] [#12]
Originally Posted By 2A373:

In what world is a 8,200' runway is too small for C-17s, C-130s, and A-400s?

Ramp space may be a little tight for a C-17, but C-130s and A-400s would have no problems.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bydgoszcz_Ignacy_Jan_Paderewski_Airport
View Quote

I didn't say the runway was too small, but the airport is too small which you start to backup.  Reading comprehension or is everyone on pins and needles. Nobody's reported AN26 over Poland with ADS-B on that I can tell, and this is not an airport where NATO transport aircraft have been landing at.  So, it's likely people it's transporting to an airport without an military presence, or facilities to handle military. Just a small passenger terminal, with a small apron.

Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:46:44 PM EDT
[#13]
WW3 has started. We are in slow burn phase. Heard 16,000 Hezbollah fighters are on the way to fight for Putin. Going to be huge insurgency mess that will last for many years. Russian shelling is only 17 miles away from Poland's border.
View Quote

This is not too far from the truth. I would not be surprised to see someone shoot a NATO device by accident.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:46:57 PM EDT
[#14]

View All Quotes

That's video of the first day assault on Hostomel airfield two weeks ago. It's changed hands a couple times since then and most of those guys are probably dead now.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:49:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Did we do this?:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/176088/FNlVyeBWYAwL9dB_jpg-2310585.JPG
View Quote

Why are we relying on ChiCom data mining operations to disseminate our propaganda?
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:50:14 PM EDT
[#16]

View Quote

Footage is from day 1
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:52:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Jarcese:

They arleady did.  Joe McCarthy was right about every single person accused of being a commie.
View Quote

Russia OFFICIALLY released such files or are we talking about the "Mitrokhin Archive"?
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:52:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 715700] [#18]
Originally Posted By ad_nauseam:

This.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ad_nauseam:
Originally Posted By M-1975:
Originally Posted By Balu:
Originally Posted By agillig:
For those that don't know,Schrder is the German who sold his country's soul for Russian oil and gas. He is the definition of a paid off stooge. The only worse politician I can think of in terms of taking totalitarian money for more detriment is Kissinger.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56204/19FA06D1-BA20-4583-AB29-40CC7D597A3F_jpe-2310480.JPG
Jesus said when you pray, you shouldn't make a big show of it.  I guess she missed that part.

Matthew 6:5-6

And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/177432/Kirill_Putin_Ridus_ru__jpg-2310665.JPG

This.

Some guy on here accused me of committing slander against the Orthodox Church for stating the truth a couple years ago: their patriarch was indeed a KGB asset,used to uncover anti-Communist Christians. This is why and how he was brought into Putin’s circle and given freedom to make that cigarette money.

The patriarch prior to him  ran away and left behind all the incriminating evidence that he too was a KGB agent. https://www.irishtimes.com/news/russian-patriarch-was-a-kgb-agent-files-say-1.1123987

For years I have been refuting the bullshit “Putin is a Christian,look at how he’s building up the church” nonsense with these facts but 🤷🏼‍♂️ That’s just not what some want to hear.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:53:29 PM EDT
[#19]

View All Quotes

(Captain) And if they fire one then I'll fire one!! (Weapons officer) Fire one!!
That is how WWIII starts (Bedford Incident)
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:53:53 PM EDT
[#20]

This from early on?
View Quote

Yes all these dudes KIA, MIA, or POW.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:57:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By 74HC:

I didn't say the runway was too small, but the airport is too small which you start to backup.  Reading comprehension or is everyone on pins and needles.  I have a grandfather that was born in Lviv, with his relatives still living there.  I'm not on pins and needles like some here.

However, I do like to see the Rooskies (as my grandfather would say) get their butts kicked.
View All Quotes

Ramp space may be a little tight for a C-17, but C-130s and A-400s would have no problems.

I didn't say the runway was too small, but the airport is too small which you start to backup.  Reading comprehension or is everyone on pins and needles.  I have a grandfather that was born in Lviv, with his relatives still living there.  I'm not on pins and needles like some here.

However, I do like to see the Rooskies (as my grandfather would say) get their butts kicked.

My reading comprehension is just fine.

You stated "Airport is too small for NATO transport aircraft...". which it clearly isn't. C-130s are NATO transports and would have absolutely no problem operating for that airfield. The fact that there is a 737 NG parked on the ramp with room for 2 more in the satellite view of the airport proves this.

And 737s are also NATO transports.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:57:54 PM EDT
[#22]

Or more simply logistical flights for more weapons.
View All Quotes
Three Ukrainian AN26 flying over Poland on a 346 degree track.  Entered from Czeck airspace. These are small military transport planes.

Somebody that's high ranking, and/or family, is leaving Ukraine, so it seems.  I doubt that Poland would allow a regular Ukrainian military plane to overfly their air space.

Also, a USAF Rivet Joint, JAKE11, flew a complete circle around Kaliningrad, and is now on a usual N/S racetrack pattern about 50m from the Belarusian and NW corner of Ukraine.  I've not seen that before.

Or more simply logistical flights for more weapons.

Fly refugees out, and fly matériel in.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:57:57 PM EDT
[#23]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:
Originally Posted By Stretchman:
Originally Posted By hondaciv:

100% totally emphatically disagree.  Russian boomers, sure.  Not normal Russians, especially those 30 or younger who have never experienced Soviet-style communism or doctrine.  These people have lived their entire life 100% exposed to the west and western news and culture.

Really? Now say that about millenials too.

Who knows what they were exposed to there?

This “they’ve seen the West”  thinking is flawed because it is leaving something out: yes,young Russians have been able to eat at McDonald’s,shop at Uniqlo,look at Instagram…BUT they have also been raised in a school system that promotes nationalism and have a media that presents Russia as a victim,something that has been only increasingly and now exclusively the case.

The organization was dismantled and restructured but read up about Naschi or watch a documentary called Putin’s Kiss or look at the Young Russians doing this

to understand that a great many have been entirely brainwashed to support totalitarian.

Meanwhile,a fair  of apolitical younger Russians are doing things like posting to Telegram or Insta crying,literally,that the sanctions are horrible because they won’t have any Lipton tea or McDonald’s anymore because they don’t really grasp why the sanctions are in place. Putin isn’t being blamed and the Russian military isn’t being blamed. They are enablers even if they don’t understand it.

The only parallel I can make is this: there are a tremendous number of Muslims who adore KFC,they think it’s the greatest food ever. They love wearing Nike shoes and owning an iPhone and all that but does having a bucket of chicken and a pair of Jordans mean they have anti-Islamist tendencies? Hardly.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FNcQSe3WYAQnHJo?format=jpg&name=large

I’m glad the world is getting a refresher on how dictatorial Russia still is.

You’ll support the state, Comrade.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:58:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:

The Poles really (and I think legitimately) hate Russia, russians, and anything vaguely resembling Lenninists.  
The only thing preventing them from flushing Russia like a flock of quail is nukes.
I would venture a guess that about half the polish people give less than a shit about that either.

It sorta puts Polish leadership in a bad spot, and it's one that NATO inherits.

>>What's Russia holding in reserve?  
Nukes.
View Quote

They do, or at least my relatives in Poland do.  Either they don't have balls like I thought to allow Russians to conduct military campaigns this close to their borders, or the NATO EU leadership is holding them back.  Seems to me they don't trust them at all, but only the USA within NATO.  Otherwise they would have agreed to transfer the MIGs to more NATO countries to handle the transfer to Ukraine.

That was very telling.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 1:00:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Alex9661:

I mean Ukrainian Ukrainians who live in Ukraine, not you and me.  Read news articles aggregated on linkodrom.com and comments to them and draw your own conclusions.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dillydilly:

Dunno which Ukrainians you know or speak to but the ones that came here since the fall of the USSR are not like that. How do I know? I’m one of them and can corroborate this with hundreds of others like me.

I mean Ukrainian Ukrainians who live in Ukraine, not you and me.  Read news articles aggregated on linkodrom.com and comments to them and draw your own conclusions.

I can confirm that much of the Ukrainian media and at least a lot of people in Kyiv believe in the “Trump is a Russian agent” narrative.  Primarily because that’s what they get from the Western media and they’re a little sensitive on the subject.  Of course, we know that it doesn’t stand up to scrutiny, but Trump also doesn’t do himself any favors with some of the shit that comes out of his mouth.  

It isn’t universal.  A lot of people there also noticed that it wasn’t Obama who sent Javelins.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 1:01:50 PM EDT
[#26]

You stated "Airport is too small for NATO transport aircraft...". which it clearly isn't. C-130s are NATO transports and would have absolutely no problem operating for that airfield. The fact that there is a 737 NG parked on the ramp with room for 2 more in the satellite view of the airport proves this.

View All Quotes

a KC-135 could fly out of there and we aren’t well known for short field capabilities.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 1:06:41 PM EDT
[#27]

Some guy on here accused me of committing slander against the Orthodox Church for stating the truth a couple years ago: their patriarch was indeed a KGB asset,used to uncover anti-Communist Christians. This is why and how he was brought into Putin's circle and given freedom to make that cigarette money.

The patriarch prior to him  ran away and left behind all the incriminating evidence that he too was a KGB agent. https://www.irishtimes.com/news/russian-patriarch-was-a-kgb-agent-files-say-1.1123987

For years I have been refuting the bullshit "Putin is a Christian,look at how he's building up the church" nonsense with these facts but  That's just not what some want to hear.
View Quote

All you have to do is look at other Christian denominations in Russia. They're persecuted. That's what is always telling about any country: How do they handle minority religions, or other iterations of the primary religion.

Russia is probably the most anti-Christian country in Europe.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 1:07:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 1:07:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By JestersRevenge: (major brainwashing over there).
View Quote

Im seeing the same over here.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 1:08:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Brok3n] [#30]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FNqXnfvX0Ac_h0u?format=png&name=small

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FNqXpLWXsAIzsGa?format=jpg&name=orig
View Quote

Looks like crew did not eject (Yes, KA-52s have ejection seats). Even with the "Alligators" supposed advanced self-defense features and low altitude flying.. still not enough.

I have yet to see or read of any of the more conventional lay out Mi-28s being lost:

Link Posted: 3/12/2022 1:12:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 1:14:40 PM EDT
[#32]

This from early on?
View All Quotes

This from early on?

Yeah i would say these Ivan's are all KIA by now
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 1:20:18 PM EDT
[#33]

That isn't new footage,that is from the initial assault.

Those exact same VDV ended up meeting UA SF in the town of Hostomel and it didn't go nearly as smoothly

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56204/1DB8569E-3EC1-47E5-B5B9-781371AD1E98_jpe-2310702.JPG
View All Quotes

That isn't new footage,that is from the initial assault.

Those exact same VDV ended up meeting UA SF in the town of Hostomel and it didn't go nearly as smoothly

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56204/1DB8569E-3EC1-47E5-B5B9-781371AD1E98_jpe-2310702.JPG

These VDV guys were considered some of the best the Russian military had right?

Still can't believe they went full Leeroy Jenkins on the 1st day
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 1:21:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Intune69:

what  other land does Ukraine want in reparations from a bunch of punk-ass motherfuckers who invaded them & then got their asses kicked.

View Quote

I strongly doubt Ukraine wants any territories with shitty infrastructure settled with mostly low IQ pro Putin population.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 1:23:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2A373] [#35]
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:
a KC-135 could fly out of there and we aren’t well known for short field capabilities.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:

There is a smaller runway at Bydgoszcz Airport that measures 3200' using Google Maps. I'm wondering if a C-17 could use it.  Peter O. Knight Airport's runway is only 3580' long and the C-17 crew that fucked up and landed there didn't seem to have any problems using it.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 1:24:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By PurpleOtter:
Oh look, a Russian organic transducer is modulating atmosphere again. Wake me up when they actually do something.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PurpleOtter:
Oh look, a Russian organic transducer is modulating atmosphere again. Wake me up when they actually do something.

Link Posted: 3/12/2022 1:25:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Parabellum08:

I can confirm that much of the Ukrainian media and at least a lot of people in Kyiv believe in the “Trump is a Russian agent” narrative.  Primarily because that’s what they get from the Western media and they’re a little sensitive on the subject.  Of course, we know that it doesn’t stand up to scrutiny, but Trump also doesn’t do himself any favors with some of the shit that comes out of his mouth.  

It isn’t universal.  A lot of people there also noticed that it wasn’t Obama who sent Javelins.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Parabellum08:
Originally Posted By dillydilly:

Dunno which Ukrainians you know or speak to but the ones that came here since the fall of the USSR are not like that. How do I know? I’m one of them and can corroborate this with hundreds of others like me.

It's not like Ukraine wasn't as corrupt as can be and giving millions of dollars to american commies the past few years.............

While I feel sorry for the average person dealing with the invasion, Ukraine, when it comes to their leadership, can go F themselves. Lie down with dogs, wake up with fleas.

Other then some goods, we shouldn't get involved in any other way. It's a European issue, not ours.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 1:26:32 PM EDT
[#38]

Some guy on here accused me of committing slander against the Orthodox Church for stating the truth a couple years ago: their patriarch was indeed a KGB asset,used to uncover anti-Communist Christians. This is why and how he was brought into Putin's circle and given freedom to make that cigarette money.

For years I have been refuting the bullshit "Putin is a Christian,look at how he's building up the church" nonsense with these facts but  That's just not what some want to hear.
View Quote
If you can view organized established  religions through the lens that they are in fact corporations this starts to make much more sense. The CEO's where replaced with executives more friendly to Putin's regime.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 1:29:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Has Lieutenant Colonel Vindeman gone over there yet?

Link Posted: 3/12/2022 1:31:17 PM EDT
[#40]

At this point what does the golden bridge look like? Putin has to be able to save face.

FWIW, I still believe that this invasion happened because there was no way for him to back off without losing face. I think he wanted to make Crimea official, along with the Donbass region, but the west and Ukraine offered resistance that he hadn't planned for. He likely thought that he would have gotten what he wanted purely through intimidation. "The mighty Russian military has terrified the Ukrainian Nazis and liberated our ethnic Russian brothers without ever firing a shot" would have made him a hero at home, with no military losses to explain and no exposure of his military's actual capability.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
Russia said that ships carrying weapons to Ukraine would be considered legitimate military targets. I assume this is a ploy to try to get merchant ships scared to sail,I can't see them being stupid enough to do something like trying to sink a freighter in the North Sea or Med they came to the conclusion was carrying weapons.

Every day that passes without a Russian flag over Kyiv the greater the chances Putin behaves even more irrationally so I honestly wouldn't discount the possibility of anything,including something to provoke NATO.

Agree. Putin is painting himself into a coffin corner w/o someone giving him a big fucking off ramp.

And that's what makes this situation so dangerous to the world.
Cornering a powerful, desperate man might cause him to do unthinkable things.

The rest of Ukraine has been the endgame since 2014.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 1:31:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By mancow:

I never understood that either. China, Russia, all of them.. Play the game and get rich. Why is that so difficult?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mancow:

Originally Posted By evilyoda:
Originally Posted By dbrad197:
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:

I agree that they probably can't pull off a 1930s Germany, but let's not test that theory

To your second point....good question. I think that as long as they occupy Ukraine, all sanctions stay.
If they pull out and Putin is power, then maybe relax some.
If Putin is gone and a reasonable man takes over...then perhaps most/all sanctions are gone.
I'm just spitballing here, I don't have a definite answer except to say that if Russia ends hostilities then the world's reaction should take that in to account.

I’m REALLY curious to see how long Putin’s thug buddies will put up with being financially raped before making a real attempt on his life or on his job. You would think some oligarch with nothing to lose and everything to gain would take a shot. Depose Putin and become Putin 2.0, only maybe slightly more friendly to west, at least overtly. Profit.

If a failed attempt happened, would we even know, or are things wrapped up so right there that they could keep a lid on it?

I hate seeing this happen to Ukraine but watching the RèalPolitik unfold in real life is kinda fascinating.

Don’t the russians understand they can make much more money being friendly to the west.

I never understood that either. China, Russia, all of them.. Play the game and get rich. Why is that so difficult?

It’s game theory. There isn’t a level of trust on interdependence and the fear of leverage that can dictate national politics and the political class.   Some also still have imperial ambition deeply engrained.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 1:33:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Intune69:

Shit, let’s start with Ukraine getting Crimea and Donbass, now what  other land does Ukraine want in reparations from a bunch of punk-ass motherfuckers who invaded them & then got their asses kicked.  Yeah, let’s start there.

FIGHT, Ukraine!
View Quote

I'm not sure if you are serious or not but I'm pretty sure russia and putin are willing to pay a much higher price for Ukraine than the west can understand. Putin, Russia, russian people, do not think in the same terms as the west. Russia has lots and lots of troops, armor, artillery, and ammo. As long as they have enough left to continue what they are doing, they don't consider themselves to be losing. They've been slowed down more than they thought they would. They are not stopped. The russian government will tell the russian people the only reason it is taking so long to remove the Nazi leaders in Ukraine is because of massive interference from the West, Russian people will accept this.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 1:34:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: juan223] [#43]
Originally Posted By fxntime:

Other then some goods, we shouldn't get involved in any other way. It's a European issue, not ours.
View Quote

Intel, ATGMs, MANPADs, medical, food, and perhaps some other items for sure.

And probably the #1 thing ASAP is facilitating delivery of LOTS of drones with offensive capability.  I'm sure we could help deliver some of those fancy Turkish ones to a very nearby Ukranian neighbor without delivering them directly...

Link Posted: 3/12/2022 1:34:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 1:36:55 PM EDT
[#45]

It's not like Ukraine wasn't as corrupt as can be and giving millions of dollars to american commies the past few years.............

While I feel sorry for the average person dealing with the invasion, Ukraine, when it comes to their leadership, can go F themselves. Lie down with dogs, wake up with fleas.

View Quote
Keep in mind that Zelensky was elected in 2019.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 1:37:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 1:38:10 PM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

A Putin sympathizer ????? I guess genocide is OK with you...........Not me. Putin is threatening global nuclear hell. Wake up!!!
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 1:38:47 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Wulfmann:

(Captain) And if they fire one then I'll fire one!! (Weapons officer) Fire one!!
That is how WWIII starts (Bedford Incident)
View Quote

"BOOK'EM DANNO!"
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 1:39:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 1:40:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Russia's latest warning to the West: Russia to target Western arms supply? | World English News

Just released, some weapons lists covered. Looks like there are 2,000 of the FNC rifles we have seen the Territorial defense forces carrying.
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1028 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top