Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1119 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/16/2022 3:14:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Chokey:
https://i.imgur.com/kRkiJ9d.gif
View Quote

Holy Shit
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 3:15:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By kncook:

Lol. Sweden and Austria are now nervous.
View Quote

LOL, now the Kremlin wants Ukgraine to be neutral after invading.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 3:15:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
Short term thinking is stupid.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By m35ben:
Originally Posted By mnd6563:

It would take months.  Not worth the time.
Short term thinking is stupid.

A lot of that around here. We may get a cease fire, but that will eventually breakdown... sure would be nice if in that time the pilots became competent in the aircraft. Bunch of fucking tiddly wink players in a world of Master Chess.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 3:16:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PurpleOtter] [#4]
View All Quotes
Both sides a really stepping up their rhetoric game today.

Russian President Vladimir Putin said in a speech Wednesday that Russia should undergo a "self-cleaning of society" to get rid of the "bastards and traitors" as thousands of Russians try to flee the country amid its invasion into Ukraine.

"The collective West is attempting to splinter our society," Putin said in a video address shared on Twitter. "Speculating on military losses, on socio-economic effects of sanctions, in order to provoke a people's rebellion in Russia."

"But any people, the Russian people especially, are able to distinguish true patriots from bastards and traitors, and will 'spit them out,'" he said of those who do not back the Kremlin.

"I am certain that this necessary and natural self-cleaning of society will only strengthen our country, our solidarity, togetherness, and our readiness to answer any calls to action," Putin said.

Link Posted: 3/16/2022 3:16:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By hondaciv:

Is that a crewman falling from the sky towards the end?  Jesus he was in the air a while.
View Quote

I think you see two. One after the third hit on the first tank that takes the corner and takes two flank shots, one of which blows the track off. The tank backs up, spools track, and then takes a third hit. Then when the crew bails I think you see one of the crew get launched.
I think at the end, the splat is a crewman or some gear blown off of another tank that is never shown until the very end, located on the corner that the first tank turned down.
Kind of hard to tell with the way the edits chop around.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 3:17:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By kcolg30:

Holy Shit
View All Quotes

Holy Shit

DAMN
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 3:17:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By thehun06:

Sanctions are used as a tool...if it isn't your war per say...sanctions and aid is what you provide until you can't...its diplomacy 101
View Quote

I get the theory, but I'm talking about people here who think their economic collapse will/would change anything. It never works in reality, just like most diplomacy 101.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 3:18:03 PM EDT
[#8]

Is that a crewman falling from the sky towards the end?  Jesus he was in the air a while.
View Quote

Nickname "Detent Spring"
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 3:18:27 PM EDT
[#9]
View Quote

I'm going to Hell.  
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 3:20:45 PM EDT
[#10]
A fella could have a pretty damn good weekend in Vegas with all that shit!
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 3:20:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By 7empest:

Maybe we can start appeasing Putin by giving him Alaska back if he wants it! He has nukes we sure wouldn't wanna make him cry.
View Quote

If you are so gung ho to fight Russians, da fuck are you doing arguing on the internet? Fly to Poland, present yourself at the Ukraine border. Tell them you are there to chew gum and kill Russians, and you are all out of gum.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 3:21:25 PM EDT
[#12]
View Quote

Lol
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 3:21:48 PM EDT
[#13]

Holy Shit
View All Quotes

Holy Shit

Ho lee fuk
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 3:21:51 PM EDT
[#14]
There's a flash of light and power lines on both sides. Could what we think is a body be some electrical infrastructure falling from the powerlines?
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 3:22:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By mancow:

That was the single most amazing video of this whole thing so far. That guy blown out of the hatch.... I figured he landed off frame but he was still orbiting the entire time and landed near the end of the video. That was fucking spectacular!
View Quote

The first crew kill that's blown out of the hatch plops down to the front left of the tank. He's lying there when the second crewman (I think TC) gets down and runs past him (the video flips around so the tank is oriented with the front to the left of the frame). Just as he runs by the blob, something blows up to the right, and it looks like the TC caught something from that, and then the other flopper comes down on the street. The blast may have been the second tank that is seen on the corner burning at the very end of the video.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 3:22:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Dagger41:

Nickname "Detent Spring"
View All Quotes

Nickname "Detent Spring"

Link Posted: 3/16/2022 3:23:01 PM EDT
[#17]

Nickname "Detent Spring"
View All Quotes

Nickname "Detent Spring"

I sadly know that reference well...
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 3:23:38 PM EDT
[#18]
There was a tanker crawling out of the command hatch when the ammo cooked off

Sinatra: "Fly me to the moon"
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 3:24:24 PM EDT
[#19]
View Quote

Its beautiful
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 3:24:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By colklink:

If you are so gung ho to fight Russians, da fuck are you doing arguing on the internet? Fly to Poland, present yourself at the Ukraine border. Tell them you are there to chew gum and kill Russians, and you are all out of gum.
View Quote

lol
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 3:24:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By hiyaboa:

It’s a bag
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By K5FAL:

Ho Lee Phuck!

It’s a bag

People gonna see what they wanna see.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 3:25:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 3:26:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By FrankyRay:

People gonna see what they wanna see.
View Quote

If I wanna see a Russian tanker winning a long jump contest is that so wrong?
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 3:27:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 3:27:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By mnd6563:

Well said and much respect brother!
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 3:28:31 PM EDT
[#26]
The Koch Brothers are assholes.

As hundreds of major U.S. companies exit Russia over its invasion of Ukraine, Koch Industries is staying put.

The industrial conglomerate  the second-largest privately owned business in America, with $115 billion in annual revenue  is among those defying public pressure and continuing to operate manufacturing plants and sell products across Russia, while remaining mum on that nation's relentless assault on Ukrainian cities.

Wichita, Kansas-based Koch has several business lines in Russia, and is among the nearly 40 companies described as "digging in" by refusing to curb or stop business in that nation, according to a tally compiled by Yale University professor Jeffrey Sonnenfeld and his research team.
View Quote

Koch Industries stays in Russia, backs groups opposing U.S. sanctions
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 3:29:15 PM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/16/2022 3:29:18 PM EDT
[#28]

It’s a bag
View All Quotes

Ho Lee Phuck!

It’s a bag

it's a torso with his legs blown off
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 3:29:38 PM EDT
[#29]

Nickname "Detent Spring"
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 3:30:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

We can certainly say "Fuck those people, I like my money." But if russia is not contained in ukraine they are going to hit poland. Then it is nato which includes us, and it is WW3. Then we are all going to lose a bunch of money.
View Quote

What did all that covid money get spent on? What do you think money for Ukraine will get spent on? Fucking gender studies for Ukrainian people of color. Probably some abortion clinics. Maybe a park if they're lucky. No doubt the big guy will get his 10%. Anyone supporting that shit hasn't been paying attention. If you want to write checks for that go ahead. Don't spend my money. If you want to stop the baddies of the world, funding globalists ain't the way to do it. EU globalists are loving this shit. UK bailed, Poland was headed that way. Now fucktard Putin has has Ukraine begging to join and Americans wanting to throw money and arms at them.

Link Posted: 3/16/2022 3:32:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By unreformed66:

Ever read or seen Lord of the Rings? The Orcs are the bad guys. Sauron's minions. Orcs in the Lord of the Rings and other Tolkein works are barbaric, crude, brutal and cruel. It doesn't have a damn thing to do with "Slavic Russian". Considering that Ukranians are also Slavs that's kind of absurd.
View Quote

Tolkien wrote the books as allegory. Orcs were Nazis or Russian hordes depending on the reader’s perspective.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 3:32:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By SemperGumbi:

Dang that was brutal. I saw the driver get out but nobody else. Is that human remains that lands to the right towards the end? I think maybe one crewman survived that at most.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SemperGumbi:

Dang that was brutal. I saw the driver get out but nobody else. Is that human remains that lands to the right towards the end? I think maybe one crewman survived that at most.

That body flying in on the right was from a separate attack off to the right. You can see the flash and then the body is blown into the area the drone was viewing.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 3:35:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By HiramRanger:

No, I'm some shmuck that was nearly bankrupt two years ago from north of $1.5 million in medical bills. I don't make six figures nor have a supermodel wife, ten inch cock or a million dollar supercar and $20 million yacht. I am fact a complete loser by ARFCOM standards. I drive a KIA, and ARFCOM tells me it's a shit car for shit people. I don't own any LaRue or Daniel Defense or KAC firearms. I own jus az gud PSA rifles.

I do however realize how blessed I am. I've been dirt poor when I had $50 in my bank account to live on for the next two weeks. I've chosen buying food for my dog over food for myself. I've had the electricity and heat turned off. What I haven't had is my wife or child blown up by an invading army. I haven't watched elderly people bleed out in the street. I haven't eaten out of trash cans because there was no food to be had. I haven't had by business blown up by artillery. I've never been forced to take up arms to defend the only thing I had remaining - my life and liberty.

So yeah, I'm willing to tough it out again. I've been through financial circumstances that are far worse than anything $10 a gallon gas might bring to me. I'll clue you in, much of Europe already pays that and they are still there. Not that I want that, but we'll get through it. Maybe I've just been fortunate to come to the realization that some things are bigger than me and maybe I shouldn't always think about myself above all others. It's a perfectly normal thing, self interest, but I can and am willing to make sacrifices to my comfort so others may survive.

Just for your reference:

Hong Kong – $10.718
Norway – $10.193
Denmark – $9.090
Liechtenstein – $8.945 (updated monthly)
Sweden – $8.685
Netherlands – $8.649
Finland – $8.464
Israel – $8.362
Singapore – $8.903
Germany – $8.236
View Quote

This guy's a patriot and a born and raised 100% american , he keeps on keeping when the shit get's tough and doesn't asks for a hand out. He just keeps getting up in the morning and keeps on trucking. We need more guys like this who never quit. As bad as we think shit is there are a many people worse off than we are.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 3:36:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Sajer:

I've seen a few videos of a single tank or APC cruising along all alone only to get whacked. Kind of weird though with no back up at all?

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Sajer:

I've seen a few videos of a single tank or APC cruising along all alone only to get whacked. Kind of weird though with no back up at all?

Two tanks get smoked but only one is in the FOV.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 3:37:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Autocrats such as Putin eventually succumb to what may be called the "dictator trap." The strategies they use to stay in power tend to trigger their eventual downfall. Rather than being long-term planners, many make catastrophic short-term errors, the kinds of errors that would likely have been avoided in democratic systems. They hear only from sycophants, and get bad advice. They misunderstand their population. They don't see threats coming until it's too late. And unlike elected leaders who leave office to riches, book tours, and the glitzy lifestyle of a statesman, many dictators who miscalculate leave office in a casket, a possibility that makes them even more likely to double down.
View Quote
Vladimir Putin Has Fallen Into the Dictator Trap
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 3:37:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 3:37:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: whollyshite] [#37]
Originally Posted By Zhukov:
I mentioned a few pages back that the Russian economy is doomed; it just can't see the effects yet. Similar to that Titanic-hits-iceberg scenario, the same thing is shaping up for the rest of the world in regards to wheat. I specifically looked for articles PRIOR to the onset of hostilities because things were already looking grim then:

https://foreignpolicy.com/2022/01/22/russia-ukraine-war-grain-exports-africa-asia/

Interesting infographic from Al-Jazeera:

https://www.aljazeera.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/INTERACTIVE-Russian-and-Ukranian-wheat-export.png

Now throw in a poor harvest: https://www.spglobal.com/commodity-insights/en/market-insights/latest-news/agriculture/020122-russias-2021-22-wheat-exports-fall-21-on-year-prices-decline

Again: These news are from BEFORE war broke out.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Zhukov:
I mentioned a few pages back that the Russian economy is doomed; it just can't see the effects yet. Similar to that Titanic-hits-iceberg scenario, the same thing is shaping up for the rest of the world in regards to wheat. I specifically looked for articles PRIOR to the onset of hostilities because things were already looking grim then:

https://foreignpolicy.com/2022/01/22/russia-ukraine-war-grain-exports-africa-asia/

SNIP

These scenarios should not be taken lightly. It has barely been a decade since the uprisings of the Arab Spring, for which rising food prices were the spark that lit the fuse of revolution in Tunisia and Egypt. More recently, one only needs to look at Kazakhstan to see how quickly a rising price for a staplein this case, fuelcan lead to protests, violence, and, in Kazakhstan's case, a Russian military intervention. A population's grievances might be much broader and have accumulated over many years, but it's often a price shock that sets off conflict. Hunger can increase tensions-producing inequality and simultaneously radicalize mass political movements.

Interesting infographic from Al-Jazeera:

https://www.aljazeera.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/INTERACTIVE-Russian-and-Ukranian-wheat-export.png

Now throw in a poor harvest: https://www.spglobal.com/commodity-insights/en/market-insights/latest-news/agriculture/020122-russias-2021-22-wheat-exports-fall-21-on-year-prices-decline

Russia's wheat output is expected to fall in MY 2021-22, due to adverse weather conditions, particularly dry and warm summers.

Platts Analytics has projected Russia's wheat crop at 77.6 million mt in MY 2021-22.

Export prices of Russian wheat fell $11 over the past month, as the government's repeated interventions and escalating tension with Ukraine weighed on the prices.

Russia introduced new export tax mechanisms last month, setting an export quota on wheat at 8 million mt over Feb. 15-June 30.

Again: These news are from BEFORE war broke out.

@Zhukov

Then you have this:

https://www.reuters.com/business/russia-may-suspend-grain-exports-until-june-30-interfax-2022-03-14/

and this:

https://www.tribuneindia.com/news/world/pakistan-government-urged-to-ban-wheat-export-amid-ukraine-russia-crisis-376398

and this:

https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Agriculture/China-warns-of-worst-in-history-winter-wheat-crop

So, if a peace agreement isn't made to save the Ukrainian wheat harvest, and things continue on their current trajectory, then you have problems.

Don't forget that we have serious food concerns considering our biggest fertilizer supplier is Russia, and fertilizer was already astronomically high before this started from covid/supply chain issues.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 3:37:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By PurpleOtter:
The Koch Brothers are assholes.

Koch Industries stays in Russia, backs groups opposing U.S. sanctions
View Quote

Worked for them years ago.  They are truly fuckheads and only care about making a buck.  Not at all surprised
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 3:38:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By 7empest:

Maybe we can start appeasing Putin by giving him Alaska back if he wants it! He has nukes we sure wouldn't wanna make him cry.
View Quote

No way. We keep Alaska, because we paid for it. Fair and square.

We do, however, still have a nice statue of Lenin ( it's a big"un ) and as luck would have it, it's up for sale.

We could even start a GoFundMe to help them out, as it's my understanding that their return to communism pretty much wiped them out financially.

To be fair though, i think they should still be on the hook for shipping.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 3:39:23 PM EDT
[#40]
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/16/2022 3:39:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 3:39:35 PM EDT
[#42]
View Quote

Well isn't that the pot calling the kettle black
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 3:41:17 PM EDT
[#43]

It’s a bag
View All Quotes

Ho Lee Phuck!

It’s a bag

Might be gum
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 3:41:27 PM EDT
[#44]
View Quote

It's two tanks taken out.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 3:41:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:

Tolkien wrote the books as allegory. Orcs were Nazis or Russian hordes depending on the reader’s perspective.
View Quote

you could argue that saurons army was one of those and sarumons the other
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 3:41:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 3:41:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Third_Rail:
Did you miss the part about "as a nation"? The vast majority of Russians in Russia either support the heinous government there or refuse to act against it. Of those bold enough to act against it a portion simply shrug and leave forever - are they part of the Russian nation in their chosen new homes? No.
View Quote
The Russians support their government because they don't know better. Russia hasn't had free press, freedom of assembly, or freedom of speech in, ever. The world needs a Russia that respects the freedom or their own people foremost. If they all had access to media like we do, where we can see stories, photos, and video from both sides, they would be a lot less supportive of Putin.

Actually, getting Russia out of Ukraine doesn't solve the main problem, which is Russia as an authoritarian and belligerent nation. Any peace deal that leaves Russia's government intact is going to leave the door open to more aggression in the future. Russia needs internal reform. Maybe Ukraine can be the instigator for it, as an impetus to remove Putin.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 3:41:53 PM EDT
[#48]
https://t.me/OSINTUKRAINE/3343

What the heck comes flying into the video from the right, towards the end of the video???
View Quote

A body
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 3:43:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Taboot:
A fella could have a pretty damn good weekend in Vegas with all that shit!
View Quote

Pretty sure this just got you added to a list somewhere after the shit in vegas with Paddock went down.  Did we ever figure why dude snapped was he a rogue CIA agent or just a nutjob?
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 3:44:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By m24shooter:

The first crew kill that's blown out of the hatch plops down to the front left of the tank. He's lying there when the second crewman (I think TC) gets down and runs past him (the video flips around so the tank is oriented with the front to the left of the frame). Just as he runs by the blob, something blows up to the right, and it looks like the TC caught something from that, and then the other flopper comes down on the street. The blast may have been the second tank that is seen on the corner burning at the very end of the video.
View Quote

There’s also a third that doesn’t make it off the tank. Laying on top of the turret, top right corner of the tank.
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1119 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top