Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1141 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:13:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Star_Scream:

It's for range.

It's turning a helicopter into a shitty MLRS platform
View Quote

I dont feel like they'd get any sort of accuracy. I feel like it's more of a "yeah I hit the target, unknown effectiveness" sort of thing.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:14:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Current semi reliable estimates on losses for each side? Seems all we hear is the Russian losses.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:15:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:16:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By AgeOne:

for the past, 6 years or so, anyone right of stalin has been called a "nazi"

its pretty obvious that has been russian propaganda being used against us.

the russians are using it again, here, and dumb fucks are falling for it.

she just flushed whatever credibility she had right down the shitter...

when she could have said nothing, she said the dumbest thing possible.
View Quote

Sarcasm: what is it?
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:17:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Suburbanhillbilly:
Are you really saying that MTG has been wrong in everything, because she may be wrong on one thing?
Or have you been a commie sleeper agent chafing under the other 99.999% of things she's said, and you're going to try and discredit her because she's not towing the popular line?
Either way, you don't come across as genius level.
View Quote

Does anyone have the rest of mtgs tweet string we only have the one of a set talking about nazis. Would be nice to have context.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:18:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

I've heard the old timers say this American selfishness is a new thing they don't recognize.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HiramRanger:

And yet countless ARFCOMMERS don’t care because it’s not their family, friends or neighbors. It’s somebody else’s problem… Europe’s, the UN, the victims themselves… anybody but us.

I've heard the old timers say this American selfishness is a new thing they don't recognize.

I am indeed old. While I realize we can't and shouldn't be in every fight... that does not mean we shouldn't fight when the situation calls. Russia has the potential to destabilize and even largely destroy the world. They have a track record of genocide and indiscriminate slaughter of civilians. They will continue until they are stopped. Like it or not, we are the only nation who can/will stop them - either directly or by serving as the nucleus of an international effort. For the US to do nothing is to condemn 44 million people to death or oppression, and I fear it will not stop at Ukraine.

The sad thing is we allowed it to get this far, and that is only emboldening Putin. It started with Georgia under Bush 43, continued under Obama, stopped in its tracks under Trump, and now is now on bath salts under Biden and a feckless Europe. Where does it end if we step back and wash our hands?
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:19:18 AM EDT
[#7]
granted it's hard to say for sure with all the propaganda on both sides, but I have to think that baring russian use of WMD if NATO got organized and united they'd curbstomp russia easily
maybe not capture and hold land long term but easily destroy any russian equipment that was faced in battle
Russian nukes, and to a lesser extent any chemical or biological weapons they have, are the only thing keeping the border area of russia and belarus from being bulldozed
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:20:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By whollyshite:

Or, general RF triangulation...
View Quote

Look up “remote ID”

Most drones for civilian use now broadcast telemetry data of the drone and operator both.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:20:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:
There's a bunch of drones that don't rat you out to the PRC and are also pretty nice. Fuck DJI

Side note... There's some pretty large and fast remote controlled boats.
View Quote

Recommendation? I have a refurbed DJI Mavic Mini that I bought just to see if I liked it but am thinking of a larger more capable drone later this year. @thot_vaccine
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:20:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:21:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:22:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By disco_jon75:

DJI literally SELLS their drone operations data.  All sorts of entities can buy receivers or the raw data.  Aeroscope  Anyone using a DJI product for warfare purposes is an idiot.
View Quote

I'm going to disagree. It's idiotic against a competent army infused with equipped and skilled operatives that can do that, but it sort of looks like you could fuck the Russians up with homemade 13th century fireworks at this point. I'm not seeing an army that's using bog standard Baofeng handhelds having a bunch of high tech DF teams as likely. YMMV.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:23:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Russians grieve soldiers killed in Ukraine - BBC News
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:24:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By outofbattery:
I guess if all your buddies didn’t come back from their trips you’ll bolt on whatever you can find

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56204/413F787B-6AAA-4E6A-8B23-8EB2B956FCFB_jpe-2316458.JPG
View Quote

It looks like there is gear lube all over the tires, and to me at least it looks like the wheels were in motion while leaking. I wonder if the truck broke down from lack of maintenance and the soldiers lit it on fire to destroy it?
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:24:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Israel's Defense Minister Benny Gantz has approved the allocation of a significant budget to develop and produce a high-power laser system that will intercept a range of aerial threats targeting the Jewish state.

The Defense Ministry will sign an agreement with Rafael Advanced Defense Systems to develop the system in the coming day, which will be integrated into Israel's multi-tier air defense array. The initial investment amounts to hundreds of millions of shekel.

The Defense Ministry's Directorate of Research and Development (DDR&D, or MAFAT in Hebrew) has been working on two laser-based systems and "has achieved a technological breakthrough in the development of the 'Iron Beam' high-power laser system," the ministry said in a statement on Thursday.

The development plan for "Iron Beam" will be led by the DDR&D in the Defense Ministry together with Rafael and Elbit Systems. Following the initial investment, the next stage will include the allocation of additional hundreds of millions of NIS to complete the process.
View Quote
Gantz approves budget for laser interception system
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:24:46 AM EDT
[#16]

You said dead with a bullet in their chest. Stop changing the argument just because I handed you your ass. I gave CONFIRMED CIVILIAN DEAD from the war, I did not include injured. That would blow your pathetic ass argument even further out of the water. Stop while you are WAY behind. You're only making yourself look like a bigger fool. Are you honestly comparing what is happening in Kiev or Marsipol with Chicago? Fucking idiotic.
View Quote

Chicago hospitals see more dead folks than that one hospital unless you are claiming all of Ukraine's casualties came through that one hospital. Dead folks are dead and the US has more dead folks with bullet wounds every year than Ukraine has at the moment. We don't need to borrow money from the fraction of our grandchildren that will actually be producers to give it away to a foreign country as long as our domestic issues eclipse our exposure to foreign troubles.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:24:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By AJ-IN-JAX:
What's this shit about Russia reversing the flow of the gas pipeline going to Germany?

View Quote

Reversing it? Stopping it, OK, but literally reversing it? How does that work, exactly? Are the high pressure pumps and valves reversable?
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:25:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:26:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PeepEater] [#19]

I am indeed old. While I realize we can't and shouldn't be in every fight... that does not mean we shouldn't fight when the situation calls. Russia has the potential to destabilize and even largely destroy the world. They have a track record of genocide and indiscriminate slaughter of civilians. They will continue until they are stopped. Like it or not, we are the only nation who can/will stop them - either directly or by serving as the nucleus of an international effort. For the US to do nothing is to condemn 44 million people to death or oppression, and I fear it will not stop at Ukraine.

The sad thing is we allowed it to get this far, and that is only emboldening Putin. It started with Georgia under Bush 43, continued under Obama, stopped in its tracks under Trump, and now is now on bath salts under Biden and a feckless Europe. Where does it end if we step back and wash our hands?
View Quote

Europe has to either grow a pair or cease to exist.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:27:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Russia's offensives in Ukraine have "largely stalled on all fronts", the UK's Defence Ministry said in its latest assessment of the ongoing Moscow-Kiev war.

The assessment said that Russian forces have "made minimal progress on land, sea or air in recent days, and they continue to suffer heavy losses", the BBC reported.

According to Ukraine's military, Russia's efforts have now switched to aerial attacks, bombing and shelling civilian populations, because they've been "unsuccessful" in their ground operations.

Moscow has only recorded about 500 troop deaths so far, but US intelligence estimates it to be closer to 7,000 personnel, said the BBC report.

Russian bombs continue to fall on civilian populations in Ukraine, according to the General Staff of Ukraine's Armed Forces.

In a Facebook post, Ukraine's armed forces say Russia's "unsuccessful" military operations on the ground mean that it is focusing on the battle in the air - targeting infrastructure and densely populated areas of Ukrainian cities.
View Quote
Russia's offensives in Ukraine have largely stalled on all fronts: UK
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:27:16 AM EDT
[#21]

View All Quotes

And yet countless ARFCOMMERS don’t care because it’s not their family, friends or neighbors. It’s somebody else’s problem… Europe’s, the UN, the victims themselves… anybody but us.

We sat and watched it happen from 45 through the 60's. The guys having problems with Russia now, were having the same issues then.

Yalta and Potsdam doomed Eastern Europe to 50 years of bloody repression.

The question here is: Do we make the same mistake twice?
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:27:19 AM EDT
[#22]

Clash on the northern edge of Donetsk.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:27:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By dillydilly:

One can hope that both of those end up laying in a field somewhere.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dillydilly:
Originally Posted By realwar:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMS8VzxVruY

One can hope that both of those end up laying in a field somewhere.

WTH were they shooting at?  It looked like the nose was elevated when they fired off the rockets.  Are they trying to use rockets in a ballistic attack?
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:28:01 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Banditman:

A bunch of disassembled ones are in a fenced off area by the Lakeland FL airport.
View Quote

Yeah, either for US OPFOR aircraft use or rich pilot joyrides - all would have been demilled / neutered. so there is that.  

Plus I doubt they have the legs to get back to mother Russia!  
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:28:13 AM EDT
[#25]
Are you really saying that MTG has been wrong in everything, because she may be wrong on one thing?
Or have you been a commie sleeper agent chafing under the other 99.999% of things she's said, and you're going to try and discredit her because she's not towing the popular line?
View Quote

MTG outkicks her coverage regularly.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:28:47 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By nickmemphis:

I'm going to disagree. It's idiotic against a competent army infused with equipped and skilled operatives that can do that, but it sort of looks like you could fuck the Russians up with homemade 13th century fireworks at this point. I'm not seeing an army that's using bog standard Baofeng handhelds having a bunch of high tech DF teams as likely. YMMV.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By nickmemphis:
Originally Posted By disco_jon75:

DJI literally SELLS their drone operations data.  All sorts of entities can buy receivers or the raw data.  Aeroscope  Anyone using a DJI product for warfare purposes is an idiot.

This. Would I use my DJI Mini SE if my area were saturated in US military units with the gear/training to detect it? No.

Would I use it for recon on a summer-of-2020-like mob in my AO? Of course I would.

You use the tools you have available to you in permissive environments.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:29:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 715700] [#27]
Originally Posted By Obo2:

Does anyone have the rest of mtgs tweet string we only have the one of a set talking about nazis. Would be nice to have context.
View All Quotes

The context is that she’s an idiot 🤷🏼‍♂️

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:29:13 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By klinc:

That's the only thing I could come up with in my mind but seemed kind of wasteful/useless. Russia full of surprises...
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Star_Scream:
Kinda odd for a ground attack helicopter to pitch way up and fire a bunch of unguided rockets over the horizon?

It's for range.

It's turning a helicopter into a shitty MLRS platform

That's the only thing I could come up with in my mind but seemed kind of wasteful/useless. Russia full of surprises...

Well, when your commander will have you shot for not flying the mission, the same if you come back with full rocket pods, it's a solution to that potential problem for the Rooooskie chopper pilots.  Not really effective, but I'm sure those guys are just trying to stay alive another hour or another day.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:29:14 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By realwar:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq3s8pyjokM
View Quote

He ate shit...
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:30:27 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By M-1975:

Clash on the northern edge of Donetsk.
View Quote

Asshole chechens.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:31:42 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By AJ_Dual:

A friend and I were discussing this video on FB, and he called in and tagged an Apache pilot, and he said that yes, it was to get more range out of the unguided small diameter rockets. Fear of MANPADS seems a reasonable cause for them to do this.

The Russians have HE, anti-armor, and frag variants of the rockets. I guess it might be moderately effective if the rockets were frag, and the target was a somewhat dispersed area of infantry and thin-skinned vehicles, but that's all it is, a guess.

All things considered, it seems less effective, which is a good thing.
View Quote

Agreed - from what I've seen of unguided helicopter rockets, they are really only effective relatively close and fired directly at the target.  I would bet that there is minimal to no military effectiveness to this loft technique but imagine the priority is pilot / aircraft survival.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:32:10 AM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

Points to ponder.

I wonder if we'll be having the same arguments if another country gets invaded. I'm not saying we need to go hands on, but not doing anything other than supplying weapons is not going to put us in a better position in the future.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:32:28 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By PeepEater:

Chicago hospitals see more dead folks than that one hospital unless you are claiming all of Ukraine's casualties came through that one hospital. Dead folks are dead and the US has more dead folks with bullet wounds every year than Ukraine has at the moment. We don't need to borrow money from the fraction of our grandchildren that will actually be producers to give it away to a foreign country as long as our domestic issues eclipse our exposure to foreign troubles.
View Quote

You think Russia isn’t going to keep going until they harm the US directly? That’s kind of like watching one neighbor rape another in the street because your wife is presently safe behind a locked door.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:33:13 AM EDT
[#34]
Turkey does not recognize the temporary occupation of the Crimean peninsula by Russia, while supporting the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Ukraine.That's according to a statement released by the Turkish Foreign Ministry on the occasion of the anniversary of an illegal referendum Russia ran in Crimea, Ukrinform reports.

"Ukraine's Autonomous Republic of Crimea was annexed by the Russian Federation following the illegitimate referendum held on 16 March 2014. Turkey and the international community do not recognize this act which is a clear violation of international law., "the statement said.

The Turkish Foreign Ministry points out that the country will continue to closely follow the events in Crimea, particularly the situation of the Crimean Tatars, who are among principal constituents in the region.
View Quote
Turkey doesn't recognize Russian annexation of Crimea, stands for Ukraine's territorial integrity
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:33:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PeepEater] [#35]

The same sort of person that voted for Lend-Lease to give the Soviets the tools they used to invade half of Europe and hold it until the 1990s.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:33:34 AM EDT
[#36]

She's always been an idiot.  This is just more of the same.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:33:41 AM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

A Europe controlled by Russia isn't in the United States best interests.

Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:33:53 AM EDT
[#38]
In regards to the DJI drone issue. It came about as a result of the Drone/Aircraft encounters. Feds/ LE wanted a way to ID drones & the operators & DJI jumped at the chance. They also wanted a way to disable drones in the vicinity of airports. So if you own a DJI and there is some old grass air strip nearby, you won't be able to fly. All drone operators have to be FAA licensed (pay
a fee) & display their license number on their drone now. And if you are a commercial drone operator, there is special Pat 107 licensing for you. Commercial is anything including roof inspections, real estate pics etc.
https://www.faa.gov/uas/recreational_fliers/

Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:34:28 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:

You think Russia isn’t going to keep going until they harm the US directly? That’s kind of like watching one neighbor rape another in the street because your wife is presently safe behind a locked door.
View Quote

At some point the US has to stop shielding Europe from the consequences of refusing to fund their own defense.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:35:00 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:35:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PeepEater] [#41]
Originally Posted By 7empest:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 7empest:

If Europe gets rolled by a nation the economic size of Italy with  a larger landmass area they deserve it. England and France together almost outnumber Russia and blow their GDP out of the water.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:35:45 AM EDT
[#42]
OAB, calling OAB to aisle 1141:

Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:36:14 AM EDT
[#43]
The UK would definitely help Sweden if Russia were to mount an attack, British defence secretary Ben Wallace said at a joint press conference in Copenhagen, alongside Sweden's defence minister, Peter Hultqvist, and Denmark's defence minister Morten Bdskov.

"Sweden is part of the same family. We would stand beside Sweden and do everything we can to help, both militarily and in other ways," Wallace said.
Hultqvist welcomed the British assurances, which he said he had been given previously in informal discussions between the ministers.
View Quote
Britain would help Sweden militarily if it was attacked: UK defence minister
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:36:54 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By burnka871:

I dont feel like they'd get any sort of accuracy. I feel like it's more of a "yeah I hit the target, unknown effectiveness" sort of thing.
View Quote
Pretty Obvious they care 0% about accuracy!
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:37:38 AM EDT
[#45]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56204/8FDC0DB6-C632-4A5A-B728-D66815A87DA4_jpe-2316505.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56204/D5B44A91-AFC4-4CF3-BC24-E170468349FC_jpe-2316506.JPG

View Quote

That definitely gives it more context calling out the hypocrisy of the left it is just tone deaf mudslinging.

She really seems much more sane when i have seen her give interviews. More people need to just shut their mouths on twitter
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:37:42 AM EDT
[#46]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56204/8FDC0DB6-C632-4A5A-B728-D66815A87DA4_jpe-2316505.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56204/D5B44A91-AFC4-4CF3-BC24-E170468349FC_jpe-2316506.JPG

View All Quotes

Eh. Even NBC says they've got Nazi problems. https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/ukraine-has-nazi-problem-vladimir-putin-s-denazification-claim-war-ncna1290946

Multiple things can be happening at the same time. Propaganda works because there is a kernel of truth in it.

Might be interesting to see how some of the 'Nazi' fighters react if Zelensky wants to pin a medal on them.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:38:56 AM EDT
[#47]
A message to the Russian people
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:39:07 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Zhukov:

I don't buy it. See the numbering on those panels? The "1" is European style whereas Americans use a simple "I".
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Zhukov:
Originally Posted By hondaciv:
US-made AN / TPQ-48 portable counter-battery radar, captured by the DPR forces during the battles for Maryinka.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/122973/Screenshot_from_2022-03-17_10-02-24_png-2316466.JPG

I don't buy it. See the numbering on those panels? The "1" is European style whereas Americans use a simple "I".

The US provided three radars of that model in 2014 and may have provided more since. Also, a stylized 1 is commonly matched with a looping 2 as shown even amongst writers in the US. Even so it’s possible that a Ukrainian hand wrote on them in the 8 years they’ve been maintaining them.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:39:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: whollyshite] [#49]
Originally Posted By ekg98:

Look up “remote ID”

Most drones for civilian use now broadcast telemetry data of the drone and operator both.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ekg98:
Originally Posted By whollyshite:

Or, general RF triangulation...

Look up “remote ID”

COTS do.  That's why I'm looking at DIY builds.  

This is after I get better at 3D printing and get my LORA systems up and running.  And get better at OSINT gathering...  And...  So, sometime in the next 5 years.  

The only problem is that I really wanted the DJI goggles.  I guess that's a no-go.  
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:39:44 AM EDT
[#50]
Looks like the rich are headed out of town, wonder how much gold cash etc is on those planes

Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1141 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top