Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1201 of 5590)
Page / 5590
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/19/2022 10:05:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Stream should be starting soon

RUSSIA IS WORRIED! Current Ukraine Invasion Info With The Enforcer (Day 24)

Link Posted: 3/19/2022 10:07:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TheResurrector:

I thought there were reports that Ukraine wasn't allowing males 18-60 to leave the country because they had to fight. How is it any different?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CPT1-285TH:
In on 1200

https://i.imgur.com/kRkiJ9d.gif

Rumors of Russians forcing civilians into military service in eastern Ukraine is disturbing.

I thought there were reports that Ukraine wasn't allowing males 18-60 to leave the country because they had to fight. How is it any different?

“Had to fight”? I might be off, but I didn’t see anything that said they had to. Plenty of stuff they could do otherwise instead of abandoning their country in time of need. If they’ve been ordered to, then it’s no different than a draft.

The difference? An invading force is forcing citizens of an occupied country to fight. That’s about as different as one can get from your point.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 10:07:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Chokey:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FOPXU2QXMA4gxYw?format=jpg&name=medium
View Quote

Paliy... won't see him no more.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 10:08:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:

The entire defense budget would buy two months of Medicare for all.
View Quote

Could pay for the whole year if you cut down on quality
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 10:09:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By dillydilly:

Wasn't this just disputed as false?
View Quote
I think that was the "missile factory/warehouse struck" story that they say is false (based on sat photos from before.)
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 10:09:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Fat_McNasty:

I know right, figured it would be a bit ruff for him.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fike:

The dog helps them defuse the bombs?

If he's like my dogs, they supervise mechanical operations.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 10:10:16 PM EDT
[#7]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fike:

The dog helps them defuse the bombs?

If he's like my dogs, they supervise mechanical operations.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 10:12:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:

The entire defense budget would buy two months of Medicare for all.

Remind me in another thread to tell you about my plan to use universal healthcare to reduce healthcare spending through aggressive rationing for the poor.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 10:13:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dillydilly] [#9]
Originally Posted By writerdeluxe2006:

It’s a lynx.
View Quote

Lmao that is not a Lynx. Too small, has a tail, and is full on tabby orange. Also isn’t present in most of Ukraine.

Link Posted: 3/19/2022 10:13:42 PM EDT
[#10]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CPT1-285TH:
In on 1200

https://i.imgur.com/kRkiJ9d.gif

Rumors of Russians forcing civilians into military service in eastern Ukraine is disturbing.

Maybe ukr is at least trying to train theirs before sending them to the front?
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 10:16:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 10:17:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By iggy1337:

Technically if citizens of Donbas And other shithole are in fact Ukrainian.
View Quote

Hopefully there are treason trials at the end.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 10:17:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By mnd6563:
Forcing civilians to the front lines like in Stalingrad...

View Quote

Everyone wants to be a Russian until it's time to do Russian shit?

Link Posted: 3/19/2022 10:19:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 10:20:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By wyomingnick:
There is enough pics of mosins, that isn't the only one.  Must not be willing to pay for modern sniper rifles.
View Quote

White armband indicates separatist militia, so they are not regular forces and get shitty, old equipment. I am surprised they haven't been able to arm up with battlefield pickups, though.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 10:20:21 PM EDT
[#16]

View Quote

Dude, they are forcing UKRAINIANS in occupied territory to fight for the Russians against their will.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 10:21:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheAlmightyYak] [#17]
Originally Posted By kncook:

Why hasn’t Ukraine sent squads of saboteurs all over Russia? They have Looong rail lines all over the place. It’s a big country, blow these rail lines and jump around to different locations continuing to do it. Blow up electrical and infrastructure, etc,
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By elcope:
Originally Posted By m35ben:
Originally Posted By BigReb:

If you blow the rail lines they will just bring it in by truck.

A long line of fuel tankers on a rail line is a much easier target to destroy.

They have already attacked some of the supply trains with drones.

Having them on the rail lines makes them a static target that is easy to attack.
I don't disagree.  Though our logistic god may need to weigh in. You can move far more stuff with more organization faster with rail than by truck. This is why you want to use rail.

Fuck no!!  Destroy any and all rail between Russia / Belarus & Ukraine.

60% of Russian logistics throughput is planned around rail transport. I want that shit on trucks as it severely cuts their logistics. They don't have enough trucks to supply their forces afield.

Russian truck convoys are often their own blocking force due to shit maintenance, lack of fuel, Ukrainian farmers and every Ukrainian hillbilly with an antitank rocket.

Why hasn’t Ukraine sent squads of saboteurs all over Russia? They have Looong rail lines all over the place. It’s a big country, blow these rail lines and jump around to different locations continuing to do it. Blow up electrical and infrastructure, etc,

Add some imitation crab meat to the mix
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 10:23:04 PM EDT
[#18]

Dont forget the book over your head.  Lvl 4 rated.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Chaingun:
Originally Posted By PurpleOtter:
I ordered my legacy bomb shelter yesterday. Should be here by next week.

https://i.redd.it/fho8636eh8l81.jpg
We had these bad boys, capable of protecting at a ground zero blast

https://img0.etsystatic.com/000/0/5800137/il_fullxfull.148865264.jpg

Dont forget the book over your head.  Lvl 4 rated.

reminds me of that chick and her boyfriend and Desert Eagle 50AE.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 10:23:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By TheAlmightyYak:
View Quote

That's only appropriate for model trains. For the real thing, you need real crab meat.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 10:24:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By amanbearpig:

Huh? I don't get what you're asking?

If true it's a pretty big deal. If fake and I repeat it, it makes me sound foolish.
I saw people talking about it for multiple pages in here but I only saw the one tweet about it. Just looking for more info.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AROKIE:
Forgive me if this has been already addressed, but is there any actual evidence of these mass shipping of civilians off to concentration camps or gulags? It's a pretty giant claim and I'd reeeeeeally like some hard evidence before I repeat it anywhere.

Then what's your point of fucking repeating it then?

Huh? I don't get what you're asking?

If true it's a pretty big deal. If fake and I repeat it, it makes me sound foolish.
I saw people talking about it for multiple pages in here but I only saw the one tweet about it. Just looking for more info.

so the rule is, if mentioned twice on arfcom, it's undisputed gods truth.  did you repeat the thread about the tractor pulling the sub?
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 10:25:06 PM EDT
[#21]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By elcope:
Originally Posted By m35ben:

If you blow the rail lines they will just bring it in by truck.

A long line of fuel tankers on a rail line is a much easier target to destroy.

They have already attacked some of the supply trains with drones.

Having them on the rail lines makes them a static target that is easy to attack.
I don't disagree.  Though our logistic god may need to weigh in. You can move far more stuff with more organization faster with rail than by truck. This is why you want to use rail.

Fuck no!!  Destroy any and all rail between Russia / Belarus & Ukraine.

60% of Russian logistics throughput is planned around rail transport. I want that shit on trucks as it severely cuts their logistics. They don't have enough trucks to supply their forces afield.

Russian truck convoys are often their own blocking force due to shit maintenance, lack of fuel, Ukrainian farmers and every Ukrainian hillbilly with an antitank rocket.

The people in this reply chain know their shit.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 10:27:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By MNGearhead:

Does that guy have a Bobcat on his shoulder?
View Quote

I used to have a barn cat that would sit on my shoulder while I hunted.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 10:29:20 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

It would be like if Mexico took over El Paso and then when started conscripting citizens in their army to fight the US.

Not like normal draft of citizens to fight for their country.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 10:30:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

As I understand it, russia is all about defense inside of their country, and so their tactics are all about using their massive rail system to move everything around. They are not good at other stuff.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By medic9:

I’ll bet they are still holding out hope for maintaining some of their infrastructure.

As I understand it, russia is all about defense inside of their country, and so their tactics are all about using their massive rail system to move everything around. They are not good at other stuff.

I was thinking about the Ukrainians though, not destroying their own rail resources to delay Russians. They (Ukrainians) seem to have a shit here and I imagine it is not easy to go scorched earth on your own country.  Even if it made tactical sense there may be a significant psychological (or dare I say, emotional) barrier to they kind of warfare on your own ground.  Especially for people who were not part of the professional army.

Which, does anyone know what percentage of fighting is being done by professional UKR soldiers vs recruits in the last month?
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 10:31:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HIPPO] [#25]
Never mind.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 10:31:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By CharlieR:

Id say while I'm not against targeting refueling trucks, if you stack those targets against
Command and control//headquarters
Tanks
Air defense artillery
Artillery

And the only deep strike capability is a TB-2 drone, I'm not sure Id be chasing fuel trucks around.  

View Quote

The 100 switchblades got me thinking about target prioritization.  This is a limited resource that needs to be used to maximum impact.  I would think command/control (radio signature?), drone control stations (rf), artillery radar, air defense.  Artillery would target other artillery and atgms for tanks/apcs.  I say this because Russia seems to have lots of tanks and apcs that they can just continue to throw into the fight (even if old).

It also seems that while they have large numbers, the vast majority are low skilled and I think targeting logistics is the right call in those cases - limited fuel and food reduces their effectiveness but I think many will give up as we've seen.

They do have some highly skilled individuals but it doesn't seem to be a deep bench - and that takes time to invest and develop.  Officers and pilots fall into this and are already obvious targets.  I would think hunting their elite or SF units should be a priority, and there maybe other skilled sets that fall in this category as well (artillery, EW, ?).  In this age of prevalent cell phones with pictures, normal people could be taking pics that are analyzed by AI or people to try to close the loop.  I'm sure the kid holding the cell phone of the helicopters in Blackhawk was a dramatization, but something similar in a more decentralized instagram, snapchat or whatever app.  These people stand out.  Try to trace them back and target where they sleep like they did unfortunately with the Ukraine element last night.  I would think burning through these Spetsnaz, Alpha, FSB, etc would break morale in a way far greater than them loosing a number of the conscript elements (these higher skilled forces would be nearly irreplaceable in any reasonable timeline that could be used in the war - I also don't think they will give up as logistics become an issue though that will reduce their effectiveness).  They are in a foreign country and standout, use that to an advantage and make them feel hunted.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 10:34:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By wyomingnick:

I don't really agree with a draft, but that said I think its a bit different for your country to draft you to defend it and an invading army to force conquered people to fight for them against their own country. Some have suggested its illegal and I wouldn't doubt that. Not that Russia cares about international laws of war.

View Quote

GD told me about 500 pages back that this wouldn't happen.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 10:37:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By sulman:

Would that be - and bear with me here for a second - because you've been looking at the Ukranian maps? I mean, they wouldn't understate Russian progress, surely?

It amazes me how you guys just dismiss offhand anything that doesn't fit the Kiev party line.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sulman:
Originally Posted By Firefly1032:

Was going to say the same, very generous for what the Russian “hold”.

Would that be - and bear with me here for a second - because you've been looking at the Ukranian maps? I mean, they wouldn't understate Russian progress, surely?

It amazes me how you guys just dismiss offhand anything that doesn't fit the Kiev party line.

I've been looking at UK maps from Defence Intelligence
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/19/2022 10:40:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:

Prison shank a mfer and flush the evidence. Only need to do it the once.
View Quote

Certain people never get the hint.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 10:41:21 PM EDT
[#30]

Full bird private E-4
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By doty_soty:

What US equivalent rank was this guy?

Full bird private E-4

I saw that video in the you laugh you lose thread.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 10:44:08 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm pretty skeptical about the concentration camp/forced relocation reports.  In our enthusiasm, I think we're lapping up a lot of pro-Ukraine propaganda as fact.  It seems like it all originated from Euromaiden Press which is a Soros propaganda outlet.  They're a lot like Epoch Times and have a few tidbits of good stuff mixed in with a lot of garbage...like the fairy tale of the Kyvian-Rus that someone bizarrely keeps spamming this thread with.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 10:44:09 PM EDT
[#32]
What do you think is going to happen? What do you believe is going to happen with this war now that we are a few weeks in? And do you have some valid reasons for what you believe?
My wife has always been very good at looking at situations and seeing the big pictures, seeing where things are headed. She is, and has been convinced this is going to be WW3 and there is no stopping it. She says the only difference is the longer the current situation goes on, the more ukranians suffer.

I personally think for one thing "we" are underestimating what puting is willing to lose in order to get what he wants. I think he would be willing to tolerate lots and lots and lots more losses in order to win, except it makes him look bad since the whole world sees everything now. I just can't see him backing down. I think he will start using chemical weapons in order to turn things more in his favor. I just don't know what the rest of the world is willing to tolerate if he does use chemical weapons for strategic results. Of course, he is just as likely to use the chemical weapons on civilians in order to terrorize ukraine into giving up. I think chemical weapons are going to happen. I don't know what the response would be.

Take your own guess.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 10:44:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Star_Scream:

I had those desks in Oklahoma
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Star_Scream:
Originally Posted By Truman_Sparks:

We had those in Sacramento. Very solid desks.

I had those desks in Oklahoma

They were in Alabama in the 60s and 70s.  Very familiar with them.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 10:44:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: x248716x] [#34]
Originally Posted By Bunn19:

It would be like if Mexico took over El Paso and then when started conscripting citizens in their army to fight the US.

View All Quotes

supposedly a "separatist region", so it'd be like, first, El Paso declares they no longer want to be part of US, so they throw out all US LEO, US Govt, and declare themselves friendly to Mexico.  Then the Mexico draft for 18-60yo males comes to fight the US, and they suddenly decide, uh-uh, we don't want no part of that.

please, no offense to El Paso, but to to fill in the background for the selected example.

I'm pretty sure that Zelensky passed a law that all 18-60YO males had to report for military duty, very early on.  yes, mandatory conscription to defend the homeland.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 10:45:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:
Seems that any doubts about russia dipping into "the good shit" are now erased.

Fortunately they will be out of the mayday parade shit soon too.
View Quote

Were like on day 24 of people telling us the good stuff is just now about to rock and roll.

Link Posted: 3/19/2022 10:46:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dillydilly] [#36]
Originally Posted By qcka:
like the fairy tale of the Kyvian-Rus that someone bizarrely keeps spamming this thread with.
View Quote

K, let’s hear your evidence against this.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 10:47:04 PM EDT
[#37]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Chokey:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FOPXU2QXMA4gxYw?format=jpg&name=medium

Lance Corporal Mafia ????

Link Posted: 3/19/2022 10:50:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By FrankyRay:

Rabbi with an AK?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FrankyRay:
Originally Posted By outofbattery:

Rabbi with an AK?

God bless him.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 10:50:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By outofbattery:
Sweden,thinking it's somehow a good idea to put a bunch of women and girls in any sort of proximity to those  that nobody is allowed to say are Arabs but we all know are Arabs  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56204/AEBA9980-7B97-4AAB-8F88-D1CB40E66315_jpe-2319473.JPG

View Quote
I will take the shorty on the right
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 10:51:49 PM EDT
[#40]
WARNING GRAPHIC:

Apparently Russian APCs have ejection seats...

Link Posted: 3/19/2022 10:52:04 PM EDT
[#41]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PurpleOtter:
China has tried to move the war in Ukraine off the agenda of a major international summit as its public ambivalence over the Russian invasion threatens to damage its public image. Chinese leaders and diplomats have been making concerted efforts over the past week, arguing that Ukraine should not be discussed at this year's Group of 20 summit in Bali despite the gravity of the situation.

They argue that the G20 is a platform to address major economic problems plaguing the post-pandemic world and it should stick to its core mission and not be hijacked by the West's agenda.

The agenda is still being finalised and observers say it is too early to determine if Beijing's efforts will succeed, even though the Indonesian hosts have indicated they hold similar views.

The observers say such attempts to avoid the issue, which have spiralled into diplomatic embarrassment for Beijing, are largely driven by China's desire to avoid possible disruptions at home and abroad ahead of a sweeping leadership reshuffle later this year.
China tries to stop questions about Ukraine stance by asking G20 not to discuss war

Indonesia doesn't want to talk about the situation in Ukraine? They can't pretend it doesn't affect them. Damn, that's some bad ju ju.

Check the graph here.

Indonesia, with about 275 million people, is the world's number three overall wheat importer. Another table. And per that Al Jazeera graphic, they get all of it from Ukraine. They're screwed if Russia's war isn't stopped soon.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 10:54:52 PM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

Even though Russia is well in play for counter attacks.

1. If that’s non-uniformed it’s terorism, Putin would LOVE that! If it’s uniformed it’s suicide.

2. They’d like to remain the good guys to Russians and the world stage. Muddying the water at all like the IRA did to England would ruin the entire cause.

Link Posted: 3/19/2022 10:57:35 PM EDT
[#43]
What do you think is going to happen? What do you believe is going to happen with this war now that we are a few weeks in? And do you have some valid reasons for what you believe?
My wife has always been very good at looking at situations and seeing the big pictures, seeing where things are headed. She is, and has been convinced this is going to be WW3 and there is no stopping it. She says the only difference is the longer the current situation goes on, the more ukranians suffer.

I personally think for one thing "we" are underestimating what puting is willing to lose in order to get what he wants. I think he would be willing to tolerate lots and lots and lots more losses in order to win, except it makes him look bad since the whole world sees everything now. I just can't see him backing down. I think he will start using chemical weapons in order to turn things more in his favor. I just don't know what the rest of the world is willing to tolerate if he does use chemical weapons for strategic results. Of course, he is just as likely to use the chemical weapons on civilians in order to terrorize ukraine into giving up. I think chemical weapons are going to happen. I don't know what the response would be.

Take your own guess.
View Quote

Hopefully Poland gets their NATO peace keeping mission
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 10:58:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By mnd6563:
WARNING GRAPHIC:

Apparently Russian APCs have ejection seats...

View Quote
No account so I can't watch
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 10:59:11 PM EDT
[#45]
I'm pretty skeptical about the concentration camp/forced relocation reports.  In our enthusiasm, I think we're lapping up a lot of pro-Ukraine propaganda as fact.  It seems like it all originated from Euromaiden Press which is a Soros propaganda outlet.  They're a lot like Epoch Times and have a few tidbits of good stuff mixed in with a lot of garbage...like the fairy tale of the Kyvian-Rus that someone bizarrely keeps spamming this thread with.
View Quote

Shill
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 11:01:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By zach_:

DK is yer gunner?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By zach_:
Originally Posted By Zhukov:

Bullcrap. I had the original tactical wheelbarrow back in 2014. It comes complete with Squirt and Dr. Pepper. Then again, a PK is a serious upgrade in firepower.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/38579/63568.JPG

DK is yer gunner?

Link Posted: 3/19/2022 11:03:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TTTSNB] [#47]
Originally Posted By iggy1337:

Dinesh is misjudgeing this. I'm no mil.strategy expert but I can easily see when a person is nervous  and has no plan. There has been a change in Putin over time, last couple of times I suspect he's loosing it and that is a danger to mankind,
View Quote

if he's got a plan I sure would like to know what it is. don't see how he's going to get himself and Russia out of this one without doubling down and launching nukes for some fake propaganda excuse. take a gamble on winning big or losing big because he already lost this one even if he takes Ukraine.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 11:04:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: qcka] [#48]

K, let’s here your evidence against this.
View All Quotes
like the fairy tale of the Kyvian-Rus that someone bizarrely keeps spamming this thread with.

K, let’s here your evidence against this.

Well, there's doubt about whether they were actually Slavs, they were wiped out almost a thousand years ago and the terratory has changed hands at least a dozen times since then.  Using this logic as a basis for who has a right to the territory, the Italians, Greeks, Germans, Turks, Russians and Chinese all have a similar claim.

ETA- I'm not disputing that Ukraine has the full right to Donbass, Luhansk, and Crimea....just that this story is a fairy tale used for propaganda purposes.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 11:05:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheResurrector] [#49]

View All Quotes

That analogy kind of falls apart. I lived in El Paso for years and most of them are Mexican. Some might have US citizenship but they still identify as Mexican. It really wouldn't be outrageous at all for Mexico to expect them to fight against America.

You have to understand that Mexicans are barbaric, border-crossing, drug-addled, numbskull dog-people.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 11:09:07 PM EDT
[#50]
There is no relationship between the Kyivan Rus and a claim to the land. It’s about the claim to heritage, which the Russians want to claim when they should be claiming mongol heritage. They were the mongols pet Slavs after all.
Page / 5590
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1201 of 5590)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top