Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1333 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:04:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By NEXT23:

Stupid.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Pickles:

UA are kneecapping RU and killing them.

Stupid.

Yep. As an Active Duty Soldier, I picture someone doing this to me after I am captured. Fuck Ukraine. I hope they all die.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:04:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Jack67:

I think so, too.  And they should.  

A first start in my book would be for Lithuania and Poland to end this obscenity of Russia having an armed camp and occupying territory 200 miles from their border - Kaliningrad.  A nice chunk of East Prussia Russia just re-populated after murdering and raping it clean in '44/'45.  When Russia is depleted a little more, the next logical step is squeezing this resource off.  Russia has no legal, historical, or treaty claim to this part of what would rightfully mostly be Poland.

The time for peace will be win Kaliningrad, Luhanks, Donesk, Crimea are returned and Putin and about 250 other war criminals are sitting in the dock at the Hague.  Time to brush up for Nuremburg II.
View Quote

East Prussia was never ethnically Polish, it's been German and Prussian (related to the other Baltic people, not Slavic or German) for all of recorded history up till 1945.  For a relatively short time it was part of the Polish or Lithuanian states under the Turtonic Knights, but as a German-speaking and cultural entity.  It's been part of a German state (Brandenburg, which turned into the Kingdom of Prussia, and then the 2nd and 3rd Reichs) since the 15th Century.  I think technically, if you discard the German claim, then Lithuania would have as good or better a claim than Poland.  Regardless, Kaliningrad isn't going anywhere, though Poland and the Baltic States would presumably be very happy to see it demilitarized at least.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:07:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By TheResurrector:

Wow, Russia couldn't have made a better propaganda film than this. So much for the Ukrainians having the moral high ground.
View Quote

Yah that's not a good look at all.  

OTOH, if they went to the trouble of putting on tourniquets, it's still a pretty serious war crime, but they, hopefully, don't plan on actually killing them.  Hopefully.  People are real bastards.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:07:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: lycurgus] [#4]

Yep. As an Active Duty Soldier, I picture someone doing this to me after I am captured. Fuck Ukraine. I hope they all die.
View All Quotes

Stupid.

Russia is most certainly killing prisoners too. And don't think the American Army/Marines did not kill prisoners in WWII...
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:08:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:08:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Phocks:

Anyone can translate any of that?
View Quote

They are trying to get some info about recon group from the first POW, he passes out or passes away. Some chit-chat. The third one says he is Azerbaijanian. Then pull three POWs from wan, ask who is officer before shooting legs
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:08:45 AM EDT
[#7]

Is that Russians killing Ukrainians or Ukrainians killing Russians?
View Quote

Looks like Ukrainians killing mercenaries to me !
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:09:26 AM EDT
[#8]

Stupid.
View All Quotes

Stupid.

You won't see this on the MSM.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:10:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By outofbattery:

It was a very common thing to see in 2014.
View Quote

I trained a Ukrainian unit in Yavoriv Training center 2018-2019. The reason they wear the butt pads is for riding on top of BMPs. No one rides inside those death traps.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:10:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RunnngCircles] [#10]

View Quote

No, UAs didnt kill them. The first RU POW passed by himself. The last three were kneecapped.
Guessing the POWs were russian mercenaries
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:11:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By RunnngCircles:

They are trying to get some info about recon group from the first POW, he passes out or passes away. Some chit-chat. The third one says he is Azerbaijanian. Then pull three POWs from wan, ask who is officer before shooting legs
View Quote

Azerbaijan?  The guys currently taking advantage of Russia weakness in the Caucasus?  Interesting.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:11:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CPT_CAVEMAN] [#12]

View Quote

Thank you for your service

What if it's just 10 dudes going rogue after they saw what the Russians have been doing to their civilians? Fist video I've seen like that.

ETA if they're mercenaries, then well, uh, Vlad said they're fair game
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:12:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:

Well, don't start wars and nobody will want you replaced.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stone-age:

One of the very few times Biden said something right....

Yeah, but from the start putin has been using this line of bullshit for his people that nato wants to overthrow his government. Now he has proof.

Well, don't start wars and nobody will want you replaced.

Well, unless you are Kaddafi.  Or Mubarak.  Or Ben Ali.  Or Assad.  Or Yanukovych.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:12:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By skid2041:

I understand... granted limited exposure and gas out I'm the air being diluted is big. I carried those in the Marines but I have dosed people IRL for organophosphate poisoning.... the military dosing is lacking and would be enough in a complete NBC environment.

But, I would still use it and the Valium.... because it gives you at least some chance.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:
Originally Posted By R0N:

At least the theory behind the combined use for both is if you were exposed to a nerve agent, they would give you a mass dose of Atropine to keep your heart from stopping, and the other to counter-act the extreme high dosage.

The atropine is to block the nerve agent at the recepter sites so you don't SLUDGE.

THE 2-pAm is so you don't have continous seizures and die

Both are very hopeful & more of a security Blanket.

The atropine dose is to low for a nerve agent.

Sub-lethal exposure to modern nerve agents is common enough that blocading the receptor sites (especially for the non-reversible agonists) helps survivors a great deal.

If you look at Angola, Japan, Syria, and the attacks inside the UK, more people stumble off puking and seizing than actually die.

Disclaimer:  Not a pharmd or a biochemist. I just read a lot.

I understand... granted limited exposure and gas out I'm the air being diluted is big. I carried those in the Marines but I have dosed people IRL for organophosphate poisoning.... the military dosing is lacking and would be enough in a complete NBC environment.

But, I would still use it and the Valium.... because it gives you at least some chance.

6mg/1800mg (total available dosing in the kits) isn't enough? I mean, if the exposure is ongoing, nothing is really enough but if you can be taken out of the threat area and deconned quickly enough, wouldn't that cover the initial treatment? We didn't carry the valium in my day so I have no idea of the available dosing per kit, just the atropine and 2pam.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:13:29 AM EDT
[#15]

Azerbaijan?  The guys currently taking advantage of Russia weakness in the Caucasus?  Interesting.
View Quote

Being Azerbaijani and being in Azerbaijan are not the same thing
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:13:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By sordidmesh:

These are the wrong moves.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By slapdaddy:
Don't know how long this one will be up.

I'm posting this mostly for the romantics that think this shit is so cool.  It's not, and this is how bad things are getting.  The laws of land warfare we pretend to care about so much, mean next to nothing when two sides hate each other this much.

This is what it comes to.  Draw whatever conclusion you like.

Kid gloves are off

These are the wrong moves.

Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:13:35 AM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

How do you know that Russia staged this ???
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:13:54 AM EDT
[#18]

No, UAs didnt kill them. The first RU POW passed by himself. The last three were kneecapped.
View Quote

Wether or not the first guy was wounded before being captured, filming all that makes it pretty easy to reasonably claim Ukraine is killing prisoners.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:14:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: slapdaddy] [#19]
Originally Posted By Gunslinger808:

Harsh reality, not just of war, but also for all the foaming at the mouth can’t wait for teotwawki tards.
This is how it will be, no harems, no cases of mountain house, no happily ever after, just savagery.
View Quote

This, pretty much.

That scene is a product of pure hatred.  The kind that generations from now, may never fully disappear.

What a mess.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:15:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By CenterMass762:

Hopefully the Ukranians treated the POWs well so they'll go back and tell their boys, "yo, they gave me food, some hot tea, and a place to sleep. Surrendering is better than fighting and dying!"
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CenterMass762:

Hopefully the Ukranians treated the POWs well so they'll go back and tell their boys, "yo, they gave me food, some hot tea, and a place to sleep. Surrendering is better than fighting and dying!"

My guess is that they will be grilled for intel then shot as traitors.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:15:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By lycurgus:

Russia is most certainly killing prisoners too. And don't think the American Army/Marines did not kill prisoners in WWII...
View All Quotes

Stupid.

Ah yes, moral equivalence.

The Japs/Nazis/Russians killed tens of millions, but so what?

Our killed killed a few, too.

Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:15:52 AM EDT
[#22]

View Quote
How about you just captured the guys that have been dropping artillery shells on civilians no where near the fighting? oh and your wife and children are among those civilians.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:17:11 AM EDT
[#23]
Maybe we should advertise the opportunity to head for the border and surrender to NATO/Americans?  An internment under western Europeans might seem a particularly inviting alternative.  Although the potential for war crimes trial or repatriation shold be a reality, too.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:18:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sordidmesh] [#24]
I have no problem with Biden saying Putin can not remain in power.  He is right and I am very happy he made this statement.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:19:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: lycurgus] [#25]
Originally Posted By Cpt_Kirks:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Cpt_Kirks:

Stupid.

I never said so what, you did. But the vaunted Americans can do no wrong, so what's a few enemy prisoners killed plus a few 100,000 civilians incinerated in fire bombings of Germany and Japan...

Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:21:09 AM EDT
[#26]

Wether or not the first guy was wounded before being captured, filming all that makes it pretty easy to reasonably claim Ukraine is killing prisoners.
View Quote

Actually, a person outside the frame asked if the first guy was wounded in the leg which makes it logical to assume he was hit before the capture. One of the POW had a broken leg and no blood on him.
The last three are kneecapped. I would not approve this action if these were army solders. But if they were mercs - do whatever.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:21:43 AM EDT
[#27]

View All Quotes

Ok.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:21:54 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Riply21:
How about you just captured the guys that have been dropping artillery shells on civilians no where near the fighting? oh and your wife and children are among those civilians.
View All Quotes

Understandable emotions, but dumb to act on. Even dumber to film it.

This will be headline news for Moscow and used by shills to scream for no more support for Ukraine. Ukraine will know this, will round those troops up and likely make an example of them via firing squad.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:23:01 AM EDT
[#29]

Not actually killing, "just" kneecapping.  It looks like they put tourniquets on the before shooting.
View All Quotes

Not actually killing, "just" kneecapping.  It looks like they put tourniquets on the before shooting.

Considering the circumstances, I'd say that was merciful.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:23:59 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By ISEEYOU2:

I bet you couldn't either......not that you are trying to save the free world or anything important !
View Quote

This is an internet web forum

Not a story book

Why do you need to use punctuation marks to accentuate yourself

No punctuation here and you understand this very clear

Hopefully

@ISEEYOU2

Also, LOL at supposedly someone trying to save the free world. Would you lay off the Biden love/Trump hate? Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:25:23 AM EDT
[#31]

I'm posting this mostly for the romantics that think this shit is so cool.  It's not, and this is how bad things are getting.  The laws of land warfare we pretend to care about so much, mean next to nothing when two sides hate each other this much.

Kid gloves are off

View Quote

I understand the frustration that Ukraine has, but filming this is playing right into Russia's hands. The guys who were shot were not wearing tourniquets, and the last guy got it in the ass/hip so he will probably die. The guy with a bag over his head was bleeding out and had a punctured lung, kicking him and poking with your rifle is not going to help anything.

It's now on all the pro-Russian channels and media outlets.....

Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:25:37 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By FrankyRay:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/546602/MariupolMaternity_01_jpg-2327641.JPG
View Quote

Putin is the person responsible.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:26:35 AM EDT
[#33]
View All Quotes

With the level of disinformation and outright fakery we've seen from the Russians, I would not rule out this was made by them. I also wouldn't rule out the Ukrainians treating spies and mercenaries worse than actual soldiers. The real story will come out eventually and then we can determine whether it was justified or not. Myself I can't see doing that. If they are spies, SSS. What you don't do is something stupid, video it, and put it on the internet. The Ukrainians have been doing very, very well in their IO so I can't see them doing this unless some group went berserker.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:28:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MarkNH] [#34]
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:31:04 AM EDT
[#35]

Stupid.
View All Quotes

Stupid.

War is war. This is going to happen. Too far? Maybe, maybe not, but I do not think that is something we can truly understand.

The biggest problem with this type of video and behavior, should it be seen in Russia, is it may cultivate the personal motivation for Russian soldiers to fight that has seemingly been lacking since Day 1.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:32:01 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:32:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RunnngCircles] [#37]
https://t.me/operativnoZSU_chat/67459

Two black dudes with DNR passports fighting for RU are KIA.

Edit: It was LNR, and both passports issues May 26 2021
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:38:04 AM EDT
[#38]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FrankyRay:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/546602/MariupolMaternity_01_jpg-2327641.JPG

Is that what you'd be thinking if you were a soldier seeing your country's cities turned into rubble and millions of your women and children having fled to foreign countries?
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:43:19 AM EDT
[#39]
Putin's real weapons aren't nuclear. He has the dirt on many Western political and business leaders.
I'm sure many of them worked directly with his regime at one point or another.
Money has changed hands, favors were done, secrets were kept.
If peace happens it will be negotiated in a backroom by players that we'll never know existed.
There's a world that lives outside of our perceived reality. This is what Putin is threatening to expose.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:45:02 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By USMCTanker:

Agreed, and it's why men of all ages in the UKR are fighting to the death for their very existence.  They don't want to go back to the bad old days of living in a totalitarian state, with KGB agents removing innocent people in the middle of the night for fabricated bullshit charges of "crimes against the state", interrogated while being tortured by some amoral psychopath, and never seen again.  Same with Poland; I don't think the Poles give two shits about threats of nuclear attack; they and the Ukrainians would rather die than live through the horror of being occupied by USSR v2.0 and I can't blame them.  The USSR was a terrible, depressing place to live where life was without any value whatsoever to the privileged Nomenklatura.  

I am somewhat comforted that units that were scheduled for training exercises in Europe are being diverted to Poland as this crises develops, but I'm not sure if the perception of US and NATO strength is enough to prevent a serious miscalculation by Putin The Inept and his half-drunken sycophants.

View Quote

this

Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:46:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlchemyPhD] [#41]
Originally Posted By MarkNH:

They are in a dispute since 2014 because Russia chose to invade Ukraine, steal the Crimea, and prop up the poorly equipped and overwhelmed separatists in Luhansk and Donetsk, while accidentally shooting down a civilian airliners and killing everyone on board.
View Quote

So where were we 8 years ago to stop that? We allowed it to happen without as much as a slap on the wrist. And now that the conflict has inevitably boiled over, we decide that Ukraine is worth starting a shooting war with Russia? By all means, let's help Ukraine defend itself, but some of the ideas being discussed here and elsewhere (no-fly-zone, etc) are bat shit crazy under the circumstances, and I really hope the POTATUS and his staff have more sense than that.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:46:55 AM EDT
[#42]

Wow, Russia couldn't have made a better propaganda film than this. So much for the Ukrainians having the moral high ground.
View All Quotes

Dude the Russians are executing old men and families.  Ukraine still has the moral high ground.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:48:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: brosnarp] [#43]

View Quote

Did you hope for all American soldiers to die after the some 101st soldiers raped a 14 year old then murdered her and her family?
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:49:28 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By weptek911:

Kneecapping prisoners? I guess they should have stayed in Russia.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By weptek911:

Kid gloves are off

Kneecapping prisoners? I guess they should have stayed in Russia.
No Shit! Roll into my town with your tanks and start destroying shit and killing people you better be prepared to fight to the death
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:53:15 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Maine_11B_to_Nurse:

My guess is that they will be grilled for intel then shot as traitors.
View Quote

standard SOP.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:54:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: kilroymcb] [#46]

View Quote
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:55:21 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Breven52:

I trained a Ukrainian unit in Yavoriv Training center 2018-2019. The reason they wear the butt pads is for riding on top of BMPs. No one rides inside those death traps.
View Quote

Did they have a special instructor that taught that kneecap move
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:55:37 AM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes

Stupid.

For someone who allegedly is in the military, you’ve got a shockingly weak stomach for war. I’m sure nothing below board has ever happened with the US military, so I’m sure there’s zero hypocrisy in your response.

Is it good behavior? Absolutely not. Should those who did it be held responsible after the war? Absolutely. Should I have a childish knee jerk reaction and start rooting for the downfall of Ukraine over it? No.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:57:47 AM EDT
[#49]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PurpleOtter:
The owner of a small radio station near Kansas City, Missouri, says he is defending free speech by airing a controversial Russian state-sponsored program, which critics have dubbed "pro-Putin propaganda."

Peter Schartel is paid $5,000 a month to air Radio Sputnik, a program funded by the Russian government, on his broadcasting company's KCXL station.

Schartel's company is just one of two in the U.S. that accepts money from the Russian-backed program, according to the Associated Press.

Schartel first started airing the program in January 2020 for financial purposes and has continued to do so since Russia invaded Ukraine last month. Critics have subsequently accused him of being a "traitor" and promoting misinformation during the war.

Earlier this month, the Kansas City Star strongly criticized him for "bombarding" listeners with "pro-Putin talk."

"Supporting Radio Sputnik, especially during a time of war in Europe, is unpatriotic, if not un-American," the Star wrote in a recent editorial. "We advise KCXL to drop all programming that paints (Russian President Vladimir) Putin in a positive light. The Russian president is no victim; he is for sure no war hero."
US Radio Station Defends Airing 'pro-Putin Propaganda' for Pay

They've been at it for a while: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/13/us/russian-propaganda-radio.html
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:59:52 AM EDT
[#50]

Kid gloves are off

View Quote

@slapdaddy

Where did you get this video, when was it made, and who are the combatants?
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1333 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top