Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1342 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/27/2022 4:57:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: solid] [#1]
Ghost page ? Edit: Weird.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 4:58:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:

What you originally wrote made me infer that you did not know the origin of the Cyborg name.
View Quote

Okay, I get where you're going with that. Leveraging the term "cyborg" as a negative. Yea I could have been more specific.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 4:59:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By M-1975:
The Chechens are now stealing war brides:

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/27/2022 4:59:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:

There is also video of them laying around dead on the ground.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SheltiePimp:

There was a video of the Russians inside the airport administration building yesterday. Remember when all the media said they were "exterminated" after the first days of the war, this is a good example of why we can't trust any media on both sides.

There is also video of them laying around dead on the ground.

Cool.  Got a link?
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 5:00:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Drakich:

I've seen video of a Russian tank shooting an old man walking down the street with his bike with the main gun when the old man was 40 feet away.  The Russians shooting and killing a man (a civilian with a family) while he had his hands up and then the Russians leading his widow and young child off into the woods.  

In 2014, a ceasefire was agreed to after the Russian military surrounded the Ukrainians who were sent in to deal with "separatists."  When the Ukrainians withdraw through a corridor - per the agreement - the Russians slaughtered them with artillery.

Some Russian invaders getting kneecapped doesn't even register on the give a fuck meter.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Drakich:
Originally Posted By TheResurrector:
Originally Posted By dillydilly:
Originally Posted By TheResurrector:

Yep. As an Active Duty Soldier, I picture someone doing this to me after I am captured. Fuck Ukraine. I hope they all die.

Ya it’s sucks but I think your reaction regarding Ukraine is a wee bit over the top…

If, as someone else mentioned, Ukraine rounded up the perpetrators and executed them, then yeah, that would absolve Ukraine of any responsibility. I'm just thinking you wouldn't make a video like that if you were enforcing rules. But maybe it was just some idiots that will get their comeuppance.

I've seen video of a Russian tank shooting an old man walking down the street with his bike with the main gun when the old man was 40 feet away.  The Russians shooting and killing a man (a civilian with a family) while he had his hands up and then the Russians leading his widow and young child off into the woods.  

In 2014, a ceasefire was agreed to after the Russian military surrounded the Ukrainians who were sent in to deal with "separatists."  When the Ukrainians withdraw through a corridor - per the agreement - the Russians slaughtered them with artillery.

Some Russian invaders getting kneecapped doesn't even register on the give a fuck meter.

Damn straight... give me a freaking break... after the shit we have already seen the Russians doing to the women, children and the elderly. I'm ready to see them hanging predator style from the treetops with no skin. You will find no sympathy with me... now or ever. The Russians can NEVER be forgiven for the crimes they have ALREADY committed in this conflict.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 5:00:36 PM EDT
[#6]

Damn, yeah me too.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 5:02:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By reb0957:
What would you do to people who destroyed everything you ever worked for? Killed your wife or kids or maybe even your parents? Americans haven't had to face this in modern times. I bet America's attitude would change if this was happening here!
View Quote

To answer your question directly, yes.  Yes I could most definitely do that to a person if it served a purpose.  And far worse to be honest, because I'm just that kind of guy.  I'm not proud of it, but it is what it is.

And for what it's worth, I can easily see this happening right here at home in our lifetimes and in our backyards, without some kind of radical course correction.  Maybe soon enough well get to see who the real monsters in our own neighborhoods are and what motivates them to do these horrible things to those around them with little remorse.

Then the rest of the world will get to grab the popcorn and cheer and marvel at us, and the spectacle of America imploding as we destroy ourselves.  And judge us from the comfort of their living rooms and wi-fi hotspots.  And judge us they will, oh boy will they.  Would be a dream come true for so many.  Sounds fun, doesn't it?

This shit isn't a video game.  The joy some people seem to get from all this is baffling to me.  Probably because it's happening to someone else I suppose.

Anyway, I though we are supposed to like seeing Russians getting jacked the fuck up?  What's the problem?
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 5:04:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Eight_Ring:

2 Questions:  1) What was the objective of the air assault?  2) How do you know that?
View Quote

Take the airport so troops could land and take Kyiv.
It was well documented 1000 pages ago.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 5:04:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By agillig:
Are we really pretending Russia isn't intentionally targeting civilians, deporting the population, and raping everything in sight?  Awful lot of CONCERN for these monsters.
View Quote

@outofbattery and other quality posters in this thread have already pointed out why harming prisoners, let alone video recording it, is catastrophically bad both tactically and strategically.

You might deride it as Western hand-wringing, but if that behavior causes other countries to reduce or withdraw their support, that is much more harmful to the success of the war effort for the Ukrainians than a few fighters off the battlefield and rendered invalids.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 5:06:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By HiramRanger:

You have the luxury of opining that way because you’re sitting in the cheap seats. You can moralize all you want because it’s not your ass on the line or your people suffering.

Russians will invent the propaganda to that effect whether it happens or not. Their idiot citizenry believes the Nazi narrative. I have no problem with them greasing collaborators.
View Quote

You're obviously upset and not picking up what I'm laying down. I could care less what they do with Russian prisoners but they shouldn't do it on camera. It's not about morality and I doubt I am a moral person by your standards. It is simple arithmetic.

The better it seems they are treating Russian prisoners the more likely they are to surrender. The more of them surrender the quicker the war will be over and the less Ukrainian civilians will be killed. This seems like a good thing to me but I suppose this thread isn't really about that is it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 5:07:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jDrexler] [#11]
Originally Posted By GTLandser:

@outofbattery and other quality posters in this thread have already pointed out why harming prisoners, let alone video recording it, is catastrophically bad both tactically and strategically.

You might deride it as Western hand-wringing, but if that behavior causes other countries to reduce or withdraw their support, that is much more harmful to the success of the war effort for the Ukrainians than a few fighters off the battlefield and rendered invalids.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GTLandser:
Originally Posted By agillig:
Are we really pretending Russia isn't intentionally targeting civilians, deporting the population, and raping everything in sight?  Awful lot of CONCERN for these monsters.

Yep, it’s bad PR. It’s an act I completely understand, but it’s a bad look when image is one of your best weapons. It shouldn’t be happening, or at the minimum it absolutely should not be documented.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 5:08:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Boedy:

Looks like a mandatory fun day to me, where your options were a 12 mile road march or free pizza with FJB.  That Fat kid next to Biden wasn't about to miss out on free pizza.  Everyone who has been in the military when this kind of photo op BS was going down knows the deal.  Also notice how the other tables don't have any pizza in front of them only the 2 in front of FJB and one closed box behind SS dude.

edit spelling.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sq40:
Not that I like Biden…  but these photos speak volumes.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/49447/A3778751-54E8-402D-B93D-5F9BF6D8FCEE_jpe-2327908.JPG

Looks like a mandatory fun day to me, where your options were a 12 mile road march or free pizza with FJB.  That Fat kid next to Biden wasn't about to miss out on free pizza.  Everyone who has been in the military when this kind of photo op BS was going down knows the deal.  Also notice how the other tables don't have any pizza in front of them only the 2 in front of FJB and one closed box behind SS dude.

edit spelling.

I noticed that also,speaks volumns....
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 5:09:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By outofbattery:
Macron seems pretty intent on trying to get a peace prize out of this but he’s living on a different planet.

View Quote

These cucked Euro pols absolutely infuriating.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 5:12:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

I never saw pogues, just POG
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fadedsun:
Originally Posted By Cincinnatus:

Pogues, not POGs.  

I never saw pogues, just POG

https://www.oxfordreference.com/view/10.1093/acref/9780199916191.001.0001/acref-9780199916191-e-4295
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 5:16:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

There is a VERY BIG difference, being a professional soldier deployed, doing your duty with cold impartiality. Been there done that. The Iraqi EPW's I dealt with got a much softer reception in my hands than by the Marines that originally captured them on the battlefield.

Also it's a big difference when YOUR homes are bombed, your parents, little sisters, etc killed. Probably a large percentage of Uk soldiers have family members killed by Russians. If my daughter was killed, there would be video of my carving on Russians.

*I also think intentionally harming EPW's is horrendous and a war crime BTW.
View Quote

And you know what, I don't expect those prisoners to be treated with kid gloves, if they get a busted lip and a few sore ribs in the process of being searched and secured, I think we all know and agree that's the least they deserve. If somebody shot at me I would be pretty pissed too.

But that's why it's important to "speed to the rear", so that somebody who isn't personally invested in who those guys are or what they did takes over from there.

And I agree it sucks because they probably deserve far worse, but officers and NCOs enforce that discipline so that the bigger picture stuff isn't put at risk.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 5:20:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By FrankyRay:

Travel light and carry a big stick.

That cross-draw mounted knife looks like a puukko. Is she a bushcrafter?

The little heart hanging from a carabiner on her chest rig... nice touch.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FrankyRay:

Travel light and carry a big stick.

That cross-draw mounted knife looks like a puukko. Is she a bushcrafter?

The little heart hanging from a carabiner on her chest rig... nice touch.

Damn, she might be a 6 or 7, but that Strela makes here an 8 or 9!
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 5:27:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By CGC:

If they are separatists or mercenaries or otherwise irregulars, then they are unlawful combatants per Law of Armed Conflict. They are not fighting under they flag of a sovereign state, subject to summary execution as sabateurs. This is what they should do with them and properly document their deaths for accountability, not record it for frivolous reasons.
View Quote

I hadn't considered that, good points. If that's truly what's going on....then that simplifies matters.

It still doesn't need to be video recorded.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 5:29:18 PM EDT
[#18]

Cool.  Got a link?
View Quote

In this thread. Go fish.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 5:33:01 PM EDT
[#19]

edit spelling.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sq40:
Not that I like Biden…  but these photos speak volumes.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/49447/A3778751-54E8-402D-B93D-5F9BF6D8FCEE_jpe-2327908.JPG

edit spelling.

Pizza is likely from AF1 or other support aircraft. Enough for a photo op, not to feed all forces present.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 5:34:05 PM EDT
[#20]

View All Quotes

2 Questions:  1) What was the objective of the air assault?  2) How do you know that?

@Eight_Ring

See lorazepam's answer.

The initial "strategy" apparently - given the opening moves - was a decapitation strike using "shock and awe" missile attacks on select government installations, an air assault attack on the Hostomel airport to be followed up with air mobile VDV troops to seize the capital and government buildings.

The expectation was that Zelenski would flee, the UA army would stand down (more or less) within a few days without leadership, and the 200,000 Russian troops would move in largely unopposed as "peacekeepers" after the new puppet government "invited" them in.

Instead, the air assault attack took heavy casualties getting to the airport, and after seizing the airport for a little while, were dispersed by the UA counter-attack.  Follow-up airmobile forces were shot down by UA air defense or forced to turn back.

They didn't have the logistical infrastructure in place to sustain offensive operations for 200,000 troops.  While it's hard to articulate the sheer ineptness of the Russians so far, presumably they have a fair idea of what their brigade equivalents burn in turns of supplies, ammo, and fuel when on the offensive.  The fact that they didn't stage adequate logistics means either they don't actually have an idea of the necessary logistics, or - the conclusion I prefer - is they actually thought there would be little resistance.

It would take some pretty interesting logic to assert that this was the Russian plan all along - lose your best VDV and mobile troops and lose your best equipment only to "conquer" the territory you had already conquered plus killing 100,000 UA civilians.  

Link Posted: 3/27/2022 5:35:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By M-1975:
A thread calling bullshit on the kneecapping vid, with analysis:

View Quote

Some of y'all are missing or ignoring this post so I'll quote it here.

I'm not saying it in itself is accurate, but with all the obviously fake Russian propaganda and disinformation videos being spread early on, it wouldn't surprise me if the knee capping video is another staged Russian propaganda piece.

Albeit, one with better production values.

Link Posted: 3/27/2022 5:44:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Croak:

Ukraine is fighting both an invasion and a civil war. So Sherman's quote is very applicable to the current conflict in Ukraine, especially regarding white armbands.  Emphasis mine.  

And this next quote is applicable for, well, you should know who ya'll are:

View Quote

Good quotes. Both are applicable to this war and this thread.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 5:47:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Chokey] [#23]

if that heat signature is where the ship was, then it was in Romania, a NATO country.

Link Posted: 3/27/2022 5:54:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JQ66] [#24]
Originally Posted By jDrexler:

It’s to make sure they can’t ever rejoin the fight, without going as far as killing them. They can go home to their wives and children, but they won’t ever effectively raise arms against Ukraine ever again.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jDrexler:
Originally Posted By jungatheart:
Why would a soldier kneecap a guy and not kill him?
Shooter is gonna spend the rest of his life looking over
his shoulder for a guy intent on righteous revenge.

I'm not talking about morality here, just practicality.

It’s to make sure they can’t ever rejoin the fight, without going as far as killing them. They can go home to their wives and children, but they won’t ever effectively raise arms against Ukraine ever again.

And everyone around will know what they were, too.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 6:02:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:

Fake seems to be the most likely scenario to me.

Who the fuck films themselves torturing someone? Ok take it for granted Dave might be saving films for family entertainment... Who the fuck then puts it on the internet?

That shit is going to be fake.
View Quote

Reservists from PA and WV, at abu Ghraib POW prison?   Yeah they were dumb enough to film it.  So not very smart people is usually the answer.     Although naked twister and dog collars while humiliating to some in the west (used to be anyways) was not the same as shooting them.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 6:05:02 PM EDT
[#26]

edit spelling.
View Quote

I noticed that too.  I wonder if the pizza boxes were picked up , empty or not, as soon as bidet left, as like you said no one else appears to be having any pizza
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 6:06:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Chokey:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FO4adZcXwAYPmUB?format=jpg&name=medium

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FO4kX_JVQAIDvIK?format=jpg&name=large

if that heat signature is where the ship was, then it was in Romania, a NATO country.

View Quote

Interesting
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 6:06:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: iggy1337] [#28]
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 6:20:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By iggy1337:

What's that black ball near the front on those? Just a grip or does it have a function? Seems like a shitty grip design if so.

And in before 'She can cup my balls ect. ect.'
View Quote
Chin mount... etc

I'm interested in the answer also.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 6:20:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 6:24:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By dirtyharriett:

Damn straight... give me a freaking break... after the shit we have already seen the Russians doing to the women, children and the elderly. I'm ready to see them hanging predator style from the treetops with no skin. You will find no sympathy with me... now or ever. The Russians can NEVER be forgiven for the crimes they have ALREADY committed in this conflict.
View Quote

Feel the same. The point where, "they didn't know they were going to war" for the Russian grunts is long gone. Those who deserted or surrendered did so within the first week. Every last one that's still fighting deserves to die. No quarter given, no fucks given.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 6:26:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By iggy1337:

What's that black ball near the front on those? Just a grip or does it have a function? Seems like a shitty grip design if so.

And in before 'She can cup my balls ect. ect.'
View Quote

Battery Coolant Unit.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 6:27:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 6:28:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Ukranian solider doing a review of Russian MRE's:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/comments/tptawb/ukrainian_soldier_reviews_russian_military_rations/

"I keep them for Russian POWs and and people I don't like"

Link Posted: 3/27/2022 6:30:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zam18th] [#35]
Doesn't really mean anything as it could just be damage control but I'm throwing it out there for you guys to take into consideration.

Link Posted: 3/27/2022 6:32:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By R0N:

There are definitely some Russian elements  involved, but many of the combatants are ethnic Russians who happened to live there and have  for generations.
View Quote

They were moved there by the Soviets, it was all part of the Soviet doctrine to maintain control.

Those Russians have been there for a few generations now, the old Soviet resettlement plan is paying dividends for Putin.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 6:32:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Zam18th:
Doesn't really mean anything as it could just be damage control but I'm throwing it out there for you guys to take into consideration.

View Quote

Lol
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 6:35:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Firearmsenthusiast:

They were moved there by the Soviets, it was all part of the Soviet doctrine to maintain control.

Those Russians have been there for a few generations now, the old Soviet resettlement plan is paying dividends for Putin.
View Quote

There’s relatively little popular support for separatism. It’s astroturf that Russia bought.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 6:36:37 PM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

All of which is true, that gets to the dicey question how many generations does someone have to be there to be a native?
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 6:38:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Being a native counts for less of you make an unpopular insurgency.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 6:41:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:
Being a native counts for less of you make an unpopular insurgency.
View Quote

But if they are natives, then it's an insurgency and a civil war
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 6:42:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By R0N:

But if they are natives, then it's an insurgency and a civil war
View Quote

Right, which affords less protection for the combatants and more for the sponsor. It’s obvious how it benefits Russia…even more than the occupied areas.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 6:42:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By 7empest:

While their leader Putin Sauron sits in Moscow Mordor
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 7empest:
Originally Posted By Auto5guy:
"Orc" is about the most brilliant propaganda label I've seen in my lifetime. While derogatory labels like "Lobsterback", and "Kraut" have been applied in the past I would say they depersonalize more than dehumanize the enemy. "Orc" is on an entirely new level. An entire generation has grown up with the understanding that an orc isn't just not a human being, it's evil in it's very existence. The entire trilogy of films featuring these creatures builds to a climax that brings the audience to cheers when the orcs are not just defeated...

But exterminated from the face of the earth!  

While their leader Putin Sauron sits in Moscow Mordor

Link Posted: 3/27/2022 6:49:09 PM EDT
[#44]
"Orc" is about the most brilliant propaganda label I've seen in my lifetime. While derogatory labels like "Lobsterback", and "Kraut" have been applied in the past I would say they depersonalize more than dehumanize the enemy. "Orc" is on an entirely new level. An entire generation has grown up with the understanding that an orc isn't just not a human being, it's evil in it's very existence. The entire trilogy of films featuring these creatures builds to a climax that brings the audience to cheers when the orcs are not just defeated...

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stone-age:

Russia is literally murdering civilians as they try to flee, try to surrender, russia is bombing civilians. Digging dead and dying toddlers out of rubble all torn apart probably causes something to break in the heads of a lot of people. Russia has forced civilians to pick up a rifle and become non-professional soldiers. The results are totally predictable.
It's 100% on russia and russian soldiers.

As a soldier did you murder civilians? No.
The reason russian soldiers are called orcs is because they behave like orcs. It's not an isolated incident.

That’s a very adept analysis.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 6:49:49 PM EDT
[#45]
I’m not sure if that Russian kneecapping video is legit or not, but I’ll say this.  Anybody who tries to claim that they would not resort to horrid shit should this country ever be invaded, and where the adversary is sowing wanton destruction throughout is talking out their ass.

I dare say that we would all do some fucked up stuff to captured in that situation should the opportunity allow.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 6:54:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By SpaceGuy:
Ukranian solider doing a review of Russian MRE's:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/comments/tptawb/ukrainian_soldier_reviews_russian_military_rations/

"I keep them for Russian POWs and and people I don't like"

View Quote

Let’s get this out onto a trayski, nice!
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 6:58:14 PM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

Yes. They murdered the Kulaks by the millions taking all their food for their 5 year plan bullshit and moved ethnic Russians into the area to repopulate.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 6:58:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By PissedMick:
I’m not sure if that Russian kneecapping video is legit or not, but I’ll say this.  Anybody who tries to claim that they would not resort to horrid shit should this country ever be invaded, and where the adversary is sowing wanton destruction throughout is talking out their ass.

I dare say that we would all do some fucked up stuff to captured in that situation should the opportunity allow.
View Quote

Knee cap all pow they won't be back on the line for a very very long time...
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 7:01:18 PM EDT
[#49]

https://censor.net/ua/news/3329118/vorog_znimaye_ta_poshyryuye_postanovochni_video_z_nelyudskym_stavlennyam_nibyto_ukrayinskyh_viyiskovyh

The enemy shoots and distributes stage videos with the inhuman treatment of alleged "Ukrainian military" to "Russian prisoners", - Zaluzhny

In order to discredit Ukraine's defense forces, the enemy shoots and distributes stage videos with the inhumane treatment of "Ukrainian soldiers" by "Russian prisoners".
The commander-in -chief of ZSU Valery Zaluzhny reported about it , informs Censor.NET .

"I emphasize that servicemen of the Armed Forces of Ukraine and other legitimate military formations strictly adhere to the norms of international humanitarian law.

I urge you to take into account the realities of information and psychological warfare and trust only official sources, "the statement reads.   https://www.facebook.com/CinCAFU    
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 7:01:28 PM EDT
[#50]

English gentlemen fighting against the Hessian mercenaries of a German king.

Mike
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1342 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top