Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1343 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/27/2022 7:03:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Phantom page
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 7:06:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RandyBroshankle:
Phantom page
View Quote

Did we break the site?
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 7:09:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By sq40:

Did we break the site?
View Quote

Has been happening for the last 100
Pages or so.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 7:10:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:

Right, which affords less protection for the combatants and more for the sponsor. It’s obvious how it benefits Russia…even more than the occupied areas.
View Quote

Because of International terrorism and anti-colonial insurgencies, in the 70s provisions were made for insurgents in the laws of land warfare.  As long as they carry arms openly during confrontations, are under the commanded of persons responsible for their subordinates’ actions, and following an internal disciplinary system they should be afforded the rights of lawful combatants.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 7:13:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: toaster] [#5]
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:

Not really regarding the Cyborg name. Here is an article to read:

https://content.osgnetworks.tv/firearmsnews/content/photos/ukrainian-cyborg-interview-001-1200x800.jpg

View Quote
Hard as fucking nails.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 7:14:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By M-1975:
The Chechens are now stealing war brides:

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/27/2022 7:16:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Zam18th:
Doesn't really mean anything as it could just be damage control but I'm throwing it out there for you guys to take into consideration.

View Quote

Anything is possible in this propaganda war. Russia has always focused on disinformation but their videos are often cringy fake. Anything is possible. Russians lying is normal/typical/usual. But they only do it on days of the week that end with "day". Sunday, monday, tuesday.
"It's a training mission. We are definitely not going to invade Ukraine and murder civilians. Don't be silly."
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 7:26:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Prisoners of war… I was told by Russia that this wasn’t a war.

Prisoners of a special operation to place and remove bullets maybe.

Actually I see 18 criminals condemned to death… no 18 prisoners of war here…

Link Posted: 3/27/2022 7:28:55 PM EDT
[#9]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:
Originally Posted By glockluv:
Originally Posted By Auto5guy:
"Orc" is about the most brilliant propaganda label I've seen in my lifetime. While derogatory labels like "Lobsterback", and "Kraut" have been applied in the past I would say they depersonalize more than dehumanize the enemy. "Orc" is on an entirely new level. An entire generation has grown up with the understanding that an orc isn't just not a human being, it's evil in it's very existence. The entire trilogy of films featuring these creatures builds to a climax that brings the audience to cheers when the orcs are not just defeated...

But exterminated from the face of the earth!  

This is why I miss Liveleaks.

"Orc" and "Cyborg" were common phrases used to scream at each other over the internet circa 2015 on Russia/Ukraine combat videos.

Not really regarding the Cyborg name. Here is an article to read:

https://content.osgnetworks.tv/firearmsnews/content/photos/ukrainian-cyborg-interview-001-1200x800.jpg

Dispatches From the Ukrainian Front: The reality of war in Ukraine: An interview with a Ukrainian cyborg

There is a Ukrainian movie called Cyborgs on YouTube about the 2014 siege of the Donbas Airport.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 7:37:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Balu] [#10]
Originally Posted By MannyRibera:
Prisoners of war… I was told by Russia that this wasn’t a war.

Prisoners of a special operation to place and remove bullets maybe.

Actually I see 18 criminals condemned to death… no 18 prisoners of war here…

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/55/6d/7b/556d7b1e840f679a23f8d60da41d8fe4.png
View Quote

That's an excellent point, albeit a little childish, but if Russia insists on playing word games the West should as well and tell Russia we do not recognize any of their captives as Prisoners of War since their invasion of Ukraine is supposedly not a war. If they're not POWs no protections apply to them.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 7:39:12 PM EDT
[#11]

Probably already posted but...

“My Vortex is combat tested!”
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 7:40:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HiramRanger] [#12]
Originally Posted By GreenMushroom:

You're obviously upset and not picking up what I'm laying down. I could care less what they do with Russian prisoners but they shouldn't do it on camera. It's not about morality and I doubt I am a moral person by your standards. It is simple arithmetic.

The better it seems they are treating Russian prisoners the more likely they are to surrender. The more of them surrender the quicker the war will be over and the less Ukrainian civilians will be killed. This seems like a good thing to me but I suppose this thread isn't really about that is it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GreenMushroom:
Originally Posted By HiramRanger:

You have the luxury of opining that way because you’re sitting in the cheap seats. You can moralize all you want because it’s not your ass on the line or your people suffering.

Russians will invent the propaganda to that effect whether it happens or not. Their idiot citizenry believes the Nazi narrative. I have no problem with them greasing collaborators.

You're obviously upset and not picking up what I'm laying down. I could care less what they do with Russian prisoners but they shouldn't do it on camera. It's not about morality and I doubt I am a moral person by your standards. It is simple arithmetic.

The better it seems they are treating Russian prisoners the more likely they are to surrender. The more of them surrender the quicker the war will be over and the less Ukrainian civilians will be killed. This seems like a good thing to me but I suppose this thread isn't really about that is it.

First, I’m not convinced it is real and not a Russian fake given the lack of blood and gore from point blank shots with a military caliber long gun.

Second, if it is real I agree videoing it was not smart.

Third, still don’t give a fuck even if it is real. Battlefield justice has been a thing since the beginning of war. Only modern sensibilities make it wrong in people’s eyes. Maybe people just didn’t know it happened before. They didn’t know because they had the luxury of not being in the field and having to make the decision,

Upset is an under statement. I watch the videos of elderly pulled from the wreckage of their homes, and orphans who will never see their parents again and I want every orc to burn in agony for eternity.

If this video is legit, the orcs got off easy for the terror they inflicted KNOWINGLY and with utter hatred upon innocents.

Yeah, I just don’t care. I have come to terms with the duality of my soul - pure sorrow and compassion for the people of Ukraine and abject loathing for the Russians.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 7:42:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 7:46:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CPT_CAVEMAN] [#14]
Originally Posted By Willmar:

View All Quotes

There's another video of UA SF rollin with a spitfire 2 3x

Who knew China optics would dominate WW3..
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 7:48:01 PM EDT
[#15]

First, I’m not convinced it is real and not a Russian fake given the lack of blood and gore from point blank shots with a military caliber long gun.

Third, still don’t give a fuck even if it is real. Battlefield justice has been a thing since the beginning of war. Only modern sensibilities make it wrong in people’s eyes. Maybe people just didn’t know it happened before. They didn’t know because they had the luxury of not being in the field and having to make the decision,

Upset is an under statement. I watch the videos of elderly pulled from the wreckage of their homes, and orphans who will never see their parents again and I want every orc to burn in agony for eternity.

If this video is legit, the orcs got off easy for the terror they inflicted KNOWINGLY and with our hatred upon innocents.

Yeah, I just don’t care. I have come to terms with the duality of my soul - pure sorrow and compassion for the people of Ukraine and abject loathing for the Russians.
View Quote

I am gonna have to agree with this.

Rolls something like this.

Link Posted: 3/27/2022 7:48:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By PissedMick:
I'm not sure if that Russian kneecapping video is legit or not, but I'll say this.  Anybody who tries to claim that they would not resort to horrid shit should this country ever be invaded, and where the adversary is sowing wanton destruction throughout is talking out their ass.

I dare say that we would all do some fucked up stuff to captured in that situation should the opportunity allow.
View Quote
If I managed to live long enough in such a war... I would probably get all sorts of revenge if I could
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 7:49:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By R0N:

Because of International terrorism and anti-colonial insurgencies, in the 70s provisions were made for insurgents in the laws of land warfare.  As long as they carry arms openly during confrontations, are under the commanded of persons responsible for their subordinates’ actions, and following an internal disciplinary system they should be afforded the rights of lawful combatants.
View Quote

They can be charged criminally for various offenses and disposed of that way.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 7:54:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Russians have various active defense systems including one that basically fires an ERA like block at a missile using millimeter wave radar to detect the threat.
View Quote

How’s that working out?
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 7:54:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 7:56:08 PM EDT
[#20]

There's relatively little popular support for separatism. It's astroturf that Russia bought.
View Quote

Killing and expelling the ethnic Ukranians from the region during the civil war didn't hurt either.

Support for a referendum to state the LPR/DPR was ethnically Russian, pre-war (2010 or 2012) was like.... 30-35% in those regions. No area had a Russian majority. Crimea got close at like 48%, then was magically annexed.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 7:56:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Didn't Zelensky say that any captured Russian artillery soldiers would be executed? Where these POWs artillery?
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 7:56:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Kuhndog:

Same here POG is an acronym for (Personnel Other than Grunts). I know, I was one
View Quote

That's a backronym.  "Pogue" is an venerable term that's been used by the military for more than a century.  It originally meant...a catcher.  And not of baseballs.  The first recorded use was by the Navy, so I'm assuming that's pretty accurate.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 7:59:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Dog1:
It's been widely known for years that the so-called separatists in those regions were actually Russian soldiers. You need to pay attention more
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dog1:
Originally Posted By Zhukov:

The background of this whole conflict is not easy at all to understand. Most of us had no idea about the historical intricacies driving this conflict. I, for one, had no idea up until yesterday that the "separatists" in the Donbas are actual Russian soldiers sent by Moscow disguised as civilians - and I've been reading various historical threads about Ukrainian and Russian history. Which is to say: Give people a break and try to educate them instead of teeing off on them.
It's been widely known for years that the so-called separatists in those regions were actually Russian soldiers. You need to pay attention more

Plus the fact that farmers and labors could not unite and take over that much land against a national military.  This is not the 1700 and 1800's.  Military equipment versus civilian equipment is a huge gap nowadays.  Not to mention the complexity and training required.  It's quite obvious those were trained soldiers.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 7:59:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cobradriver] [#24]

Is the stepdaughter hot???

Asking for a friend who might be in London later this summer....

Link Posted: 3/27/2022 8:04:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 8:05:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 8:06:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zam18th] [#27]
Attachment Attached File

He and his family are still breathing. Because of him and people like him 10's of thousands of others aren't. CoC prevents me from going any further.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 8:08:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:
Didn't Zelensky say that any captured Russian artillery soldiers would be executed? Where these POWs artillery?
View Quote

No,no he did not.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 8:09:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:
View Quote

No, Ukrainian SOF said they wouldn’t accept surrenders.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 8:09:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Chokey:
View Quote
Bidet doesn't even know what he's saying, so I doubt anyone outside the WH takes him serious.

It's a really great time to have Jimmy Carter 2.0.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 8:11:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Dear Lord, I reached the end in this thread. Maybe not for long.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 8:13:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Phocks:

That's a backronym.  "Pogue" is an venerable term that's been used by the military for more than a century.  It originally meant...a catcher.  And not of baseballs.  The first recorded use was by the Navy, so I'm assuming that's pretty accurate.
View Quote

The only thing necessary to figure out that it is pogue rather than POG,which would rhyme with dog anyway making it even more dumb,is reading almost any book involving WWII sailors or Marines.

More recently people deciding that swag is “stuff we all get” did manage somehow to create an even dumber backronym.

Link Posted: 3/27/2022 8:13:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By 74HC:
Dear Lord, I reached the end in this thread. Maybe not for long.
View Quote
Don't worry I'll figure out an asinine argument to boost it 50 pages.

Anyone know what the defcon level is?  

Link Posted: 3/27/2022 8:18:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7empest] [#34]
Originally Posted By Zam18th:
Don't worry I'll figure out an asinine argument to boost it 50 pages.

Anyone know what the defcon level is?  

View Quote

DEFCON 1989

Same year the AR was made available to civilians!
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 8:20:25 PM EDT
[#35]

His Boss Music is Careless Whisper by Wham.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 8:23:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By FrankyRay:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FrankyRay:
Originally Posted By M-1975:
The Chechens are now stealing war brides:

Damn she didn't look to be going willingly
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 8:24:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 8:25:28 PM EDT
[#38]

Bet it's Finland if anyone. He won't go after NATO until he has as many conscripts as possible.

I'm wondering if all of the 16-65 year olds Ukraine is stopping will make a stand agaisnt Russia or will go with the flow on the off chance they don't get clapped invading the next country.

If Russia pulls off a Ukraine victory anyway
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 8:28:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By PissedMick:
I’m not sure if that Russian kneecapping video is legit or not, but I’ll say this.  Anybody who tries to claim that they would not resort to horrid shit should this country ever be invaded, and where the adversary is sowing wanton destruction throughout is talking out their ass.

I dare say that we would all do some fucked up stuff to captured in that situation should the opportunity allow.
View Quote

Klondike bar level shit.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 8:29:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:

View All Quotes

I’ve wondered about this for some time. Right now, low-quantity, high-tech tools of war dominate the field but in the event of all-out WW3 when supply chains get interrupted just how critical inexpensive but scalable weapons, vehicles, etc will be to winning a global war. How many decades of backtracking technologically in terms of military tech would we see if any?
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 8:33:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By outofbattery:
The wacky right being all wacky again.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56204/0F9E22EA-701B-4AF7-A9F1-BB60187C473E_jpe-2328149.JPG

View Quote

Ian Miles Cheong is a huge POS that steals other peoples' content and claims it for his own.

Is that a current tweet he put out? And is he referring to that disgusting video of Russian atrocities we saw the first week of the war?
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 8:40:59 PM EDT
[#42]
A Scared Alliance. Why NATO Did not Agree to Respond to Putin's Nuclear and Chemical Threats

SATURDAY, 26 MARCH 2022 — SERGIY SYDORENKO, EUROPEAN PRAVDA

Link Posted: 3/27/2022 8:43:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BerettaGuy] [#43]

Bet it's Finland if anyone. He won't go after NATO until he has as many conscripts as possible.

I'm wondering if all of the 16-65 year olds Ukraine is stopping will make a stand agaisnt Russia or will go with the flow on the off chance they don't get clapped invading the next country.

View All Quotes

I agree - a non-NATO country would have to be the target if Russia thinks it can use the nuke threat to invade another country.

Russia can never occupy Ukraine so there will be no victory over the whole country. And the war will never end until Putin and his crew are gone, not that it would ever stop Russia again since this conflict is hundreds of years older than the USA. Russia needs to be de-nuked and not allowed to have anything larger than a police force.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 8:49:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: spydercomonkey] [#44]
Amazing clip:

And overall great (37 post) thread on how sanctions will begin the unraveling of Russia:

the kicker:

Link Posted: 3/27/2022 9:01:16 PM EDT
[#45]

If this video is legit, the orcs got off easy for the terror they inflicted KNOWINGLY and with utter hatred upon innocents.

View Quote

Well hopefully it isn't true and if it is the Ukrainian command will put a stop to it. Whether you like it or not public opinion plays a huge role in what's going on and the eventual outcome. Whether or not you are angry has zero impact on the outcome unless you plan to participate personally.

Due to the over the top behavior of a small number of people here and on other platforms I've started to see this war get the eye rolls and comparisons to Q and covid. The story of the Ukrainian resistance is a great one and they are doing a masterful job of telling it so let them. There's such a thing as trying too hard to help.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 9:04:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:
Amazing clip:

And overall great (37 post) thread on how sanctions will begin the unraveling of Russia:

View Quote

Read them on threadreader.  Much simpler.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 9:04:29 PM EDT
[#47]
View Quote
Our administration looks like a clown show.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 9:06:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By CZ75_9MM:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CZ75_9MM:

The Biden Administration is a clown show
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 9:08:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By outofbattery:

The only thing necessary to figure out that it is pogue rather than POG,which would rhyme with dog anyway making it even more dumb,is reading almost any book involving WWII sailors or Marines.

More recently people deciding that swag is “stuff we all get” did manage somehow to create an even dumber backronym.

View Quote

I always thought SWAG meant scientific wild ass guess
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 9:10:24 PM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes

I wish they made a Gen 2 Spitfire in 1x.  I have several of the first ones and they are really awesome.  Etched reticles rock.
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1343 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top