Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1363 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/29/2022 10:21:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By NEXT23:
Wagner Group is supposed to be Putins actual Secret Service.
View Quote
And the Soviet Spetznaz were some wonder solders, in it's day totaled possibly 70,000

The Wagner Group has a lot of Russian Spetznaz.

Today the Russian Spetznaz has lost its capability and the Wagner Group isn't much more
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 10:25:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Oiparhon:
https://www.dw.com/en/russia-pledges-to-scale-down-military-activity-near-kyiv-chernihiv-live-updates/a-61286047
Russia-Ukraine talks conclude in Istanbul
Ukrainian and Russian negotiators concluded face-to-face peace talks in Istanbul on Tuesday, with the Ukrainian side saying that there have been enough developments to have a meeting between the presidents of the two countries.

Russia said the talks were "constructive," raising hopes that there could be progress toward ending the war.

However, Russian top negotiator Medinsky said a meeting between Putin and Zelenskyy is possible only if a deal has been approved by the foreign ministries of both countries.

Following the talks, Ukrainian negotiators told reporters that Kyiv would agree to a neutral status if a security guarantee system is put in place. They said, under the new system, Israel, Poland, Canada and Turkey could be among Ukraine’s security guarantors.

The neutral status would include not hosting any foreign military bases on Ukrainian territory.

There needs to be full peace across Ukraine for any final agreement with Russia to come into force, the Ukrainian side stressed, adding that a referendum would be needed in Ukraine on the terms of any final deal.

They also proposed holding consultations with Russia on the status of Crimea.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Podolyak_M/status/1508786985825144833?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1508786985825144833%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.dw.com%2Fen%2Frussia-pledges-to-scale-down-military-activity-near-kyiv-chernihiv-live-updates%2Fa-61286047[/tweet]
View Quote

The Ukrainians should not accept anything less than Russia behind their pre-2014 borders, and really in an ideal world, Khodorkovsky's "7D" plan, but sadly that's unrealistic to ask, because Europe and the US would rather cave to a dictator to save their own skins and keep the gas flowing.

If Russia gets to retain Crimea, and Donetsk and Luhansk, all this will do is postpone WWIII, and create a NV/RVN or DPRK/ROK situation that merely sets the conditions for when WWIII finally does kick off.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 10:26:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Capta:
Ukraine is still in the process of mobilizing its reserve manpower.  In a country of 44 million, about 22 million are males.  Of that 22 million, about 45% are “fighting age” - 18-50 years.  Therefore there are about 9.9 million potential fighting men in Ukraine.  If only 10% actually fight, that is 1 million men, significantly in excess of what Russia can muster let alone actually supply.
As to supply, current events should clearly demonstrate how Ukraine will be supplied.  It’s also quite likely that, with Russian barbarism becoming more evident with every passing day, Europe will clearly understand that they can either supply Ukraine to fight for them or they will have to fight in their own countries.
View Quote
In terms of Ukraine's population, also note that there are estimated 5 million plus refugees who've left the country, and another 6 million plus "internally displaced persons," who've had to flee their homes but are still in-country. Having to take care of 6 million people creates its own drain on resources for Ukraine. Russia may be sucking wind in terms of military objectives, but their larger strategic destruction of Ukraine's economy is going extremely well.

Oh, sure, Russia's economy is getting wrecked too, but does Putin care about that?
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 10:26:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Dracster:

There are several Arabic countries that are supposed to use the Stunha. Given it's tan, it may have been part of a contract that was "borrowed" from the factory for use during the invasion. The uniforms show the Ukrainian flag and one has a Union Jack, a donated uniform from England back in 2017 or so.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GTLandser:
Originally Posted By Kuhndog:
Russian TOS-1 taken out.

Anybody else notice that all the text on the display for the ATGM was in Arabic? But this looked like it was shot in forest terrain in winter, and they were all speaking Ukrainian. So who was the ATGM operator?

There are several Arabic countries that are supposed to use the Stunha. Given it's tan, it may have been part of a contract that was "borrowed" from the factory for use during the invasion. The uniforms show the Ukrainian flag and one has a Union Jack, a donated uniform from England back in 2017 or so.

Also, to add to your information, some of the export models actually have a color TV camera installed, so depending on the settings the user selects the recorded video will fully be in color.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 10:26:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By AeroE:

I have passed that Newport News site many times.  I recall running across one south of the James River, but that was over 40 years ago - I have a distinct memory of the sign on a chain link fence overgrown with vines and brush inside.

View Quote

There's also the old bowmarc site in nn where the doe lab is
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 10:26:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By outofbattery:
A solid Twitter account to follow for those who don’t speak Russian is https://mobile.twitter.com/mdmitri91 He is an ethnic Russian Estonian who translates to English.

Something I find outrageously funny is that some  Russians are upset at the pace of things and are wanting now General  Kadyrov to be placed in command of the invasion. This throws a tiny wrench into the point of view that some retards on this site have that “Russia is a white Christian country that hates Muslims as much as me”.
View Quote

So the invasion so far hasn't been brutal enough to suit the Russian public's taste?

You've been right all along about these people.

Link Posted: 3/29/2022 10:26:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Fast moving Russian

Russian tank was hit, and the crew member forgets stop drop and roll
View Quote

Dead man walking.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 10:29:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By fxntime:

That's easy to do when you have 100 guys around with guns and the courts to protect you.

He reminds me of that old guy at the gun show selling shockers that spends most of his time zapping the air like he's being attacked.
View Quote

He had a brain injury in the 1980s. Aggression is a symptom of brain injuries and he’s shown it a lot since then.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 10:29:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Recaptured UA equipment in Kherson region

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 10:30:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 10:30:46 AM EDT
[#11]
https://www.dw.com/en/russia-pledges-to-scale-down-military-activity-near-kyiv-chernihiv-live-updates/a-61286047
Ukrainian and Russian negotiators concluded face-to-face peace talks in Istanbul on Tuesday, with the Ukrainian side saying that there have been enough developments to have a meeting between the presidents of the two countries.

Russia said the talks were "constructive," raising hopes that there could be progress toward ending the war.

However, Russian top negotiator Medinsky said a meeting between Putin and Zelenskyy is possible only if a deal has been approved by the foreign ministries of both countries.

Following the talks, Ukrainian negotiators told reporters that Kyiv would agree to a neutral status if a security guarantee system is put in place. They said, under the new system, Israel, Poland, Canada and Turkey could be among Ukraine’s security guarantors.

The neutral status would include not hosting any foreign military bases on Ukrainian territory.

There needs to be full peace across Ukraine for any final agreement with Russia to come into force, the Ukrainian side stressed, adding that a referendum would be needed in Ukraine on the terms of any final deal.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Podolyak_M/status/1508786985825144833?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1508786985825144833%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.dw.com%2Fen%2Frussia-pledges-to-scale-down-military-activity-near-kyiv-chernihiv-live-updates%2Fa-61286047[/tweet]
View Quote

This is where Z-Man gives it away.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 10:31:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By kncook:
No such thing as “limited nuclear exchange”.
View Quote
That's what the US believes. Does Putin? What does US doctrine say about a limited tactical nuclear attack on a third-party? This gets incredibly murky, and incredibly ugly.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 10:31:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dracster] [#13]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

Also, to add to your information, some of the export models actually have a color TV camera installed, so depending on the settings the user selects the recorded video will fully be in color.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
Russian TOS-1 taken out.

Anybody else notice that all the text on the display for the ATGM was in Arabic? But this looked like it was shot in forest terrain in winter, and they were all speaking Ukrainian. So who was the ATGM operator?

Interesting

Watched that video again and it does look like it in color.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 10:31:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Gunner226:

There are a great many "patriots" in our country who would see that happening and say, "not my problem. Their safety is THEIR responsibility, not mine. If they dont't want to be burglarized and raped, they shouldn't have been smaller and weaker than the burglar/rapist."  MYOB has metastasized into a cancer.

At this point, I actually wonder if we'd respond with nukes to anything, ever. I think the "OMG that will start WWIII" hand-wringing has gotten so bad, there will be serious resistance to any response, even to direct attack on us. Russian nukes could be be falling in our country and there would be people in our military (and definately here on arfcom) saying, "they only hit [this city]. Are we really going to start WWIII over [this city]? That's suicide!"

I still maintain that whether or not Putin launches nukes has nothing to do with anything the rest if the world does, and everything to do with how his plans are going. If Ukraine doesn't give up, he'll launch. Ig Ukraine starts obviously winning, he'll launch. If his population starts getting frisky, he'll launch. Sure, he'll blame it on something Biden said, or some perceived slight ny NATO or the EU, but the reality is there is nothing we can do, or not do, that will affect his decision to use nukes other than totally abandon Ukraine and any other country he decides he wants.
View Quote

Nuclear deterrence works when the other side knows you'll launch too. Biden has demonstrated incoherence, incompetence and waffling. Kamala is in the corner cackling. Does anybody think we'd respond with a nuke if he used a small tactical one?
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 10:34:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BerettaGuy] [#15]
There are no ICBM intercept aircraft and never have been.  The defense against ICBMs is thin to none.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Freiheit8472:
Originally Posted By Circuits:
I believe that there will be a limited nuclear exchange, because Russia's too big of a dick to walk away, and the West won't let them slide, once they do.

No such thing. Its not WWII and the US the only one to have NUKES.

If there is an "exchange", who is returning in the exchange.....because I've been told here that UA has none........so that leaves France, UK, and the good ole USA.......so who is returning fire?

New guy question: can we (US) have icbm (or anything I guess) intercept aircraft patrolling our airspace perimeter thoroughly and continuously, similar to what they used to do during the Cold War, it not be stealth, and still not be readily known to the public?

My context is all the transponder on/off action we've seen.

Basically, I'm hoping we have all the intercept measures possible in ideal position to do their job.

Im sure the AF and Navy are busy as heck with things we don't know about and now is NOT the time for any incursions

I know I'm a 21er but I'm not a dipshit I swear (I know that's exactly what a dipshit 21 would say :-)). Hey we got an original T-34 at work?
There are no ICBM intercept aircraft and never have been.  The defense against ICBMs is thin to none.

Correct. Most people think that a jet fighter can shoot down an ICBM or that we have some magic weapon - we don't. And then there are MIRV warheads which make nukes even more impossible to intercept. Basically, a MIRV warhead splits into multiple warheads with each hitting specific target so if a Russian ICBM reaches above the upper midwest, the MIRV activates and then separates into maybe five nukes which target: Detroit, Chicago, Cleveland,  Columbus,  and Toledo. (Just an example as Detriot and Cleveland would do more damage to the US if they are just left alone...)

But, leftists never wanted to spend any money on Strategic Defense Initiative-type defenses like Reagan-era "Star Wars" and some on the right didnt want any more money going to the "military industrial complex".

So we are screwed. Also, and very important, the democrats/Carter scuttled the Office of Civil Defense so now we have none (outside of preppers and survivalists who prepare for nukes) and many on the right bought into the leftist lie that nuclear war is not survivable out of ignorance and laziness. Now the left and right are like little girls whining about everytime Biden opens his mouth because they fear a nuclear war with Putin.

So, now Putin can threaten and do almost whatever he wants including yet another Russian genocide on the Ukrainian people. Next it will be Finland, then maybe Japan over the islands issue,  then maybe even hanging-out-in-the-wind Estonia, then who knows maybe even Hawaii.

For those not lazy and can admit to themselves that they dont really know about nuclear war preparedness and want to do what they can to protect their families, read the following:
The Good News About Nuclear Destruction

WHAT TO DO IF A NUCLEAR DISASTER IS IMMINENT!

The owner of this company (along with Sen. Rick Santorum) saved the remaining civil defense radiation meters and calibration equipment that Clinton tried to destroy. Anyway, see this video as well:

How Long Do You Need To Stay in Your BUNKER After A Nuclear Bomb? - Radiation Detectors

And this is all relevant to this thread as there are hundreds of posts regarding the escalation of this war to nuclear war. The PBS interview I posted last night with the Putin's spokesperson from the Kremlin had nuclear war as its main topic.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 10:34:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: R0N] [#16]
Originally Posted By DK-Prof:

As a self-hating academic, I do not disagree … especially since I personally know a number of Harvard faculty.  

Giving authority or power to academics is a terrible idea.  Like, a really terrible idea.
View Quote

It isn’t a slam against academics at all, just having seen the so called best and brightest, I don’t think they understand the limits of their ability to predict outcomes or that they are dealing with the ultimate chaos machine
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 10:35:51 AM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

It’s all worthless unless Crimea goes back to Ukraine.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 10:36:42 AM EDT
[#18]
A column of T-80s found a bog.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 10:38:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 10:38:33 AM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

You're absolutely correct, these are units that were supposed to be shipped to the Middle East. The funny part is that there is a criminal complaint filed in UA against people responsible for the "misappropriation" of these ATGM's.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 10:39:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BerettaGuy] [#21]
Originally Posted By Chokey:
View Quote

That means Russia is preparing a massive attack on Kyiv.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 10:42:34 AM EDT
[#22]

So the invasion so far hasn't been brutal enough to suit the Russian public's taste?

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/EgcB5I3-51.gif
View All Quotes
A solid Twitter account to follow for those who don’t speak Russian is https://mobile.twitter.com/mdmitri91 He is an ethnic Russian Estonian who translates to English.

Something I find outrageously funny is that some  Russians are upset at the pace of things and are wanting now General  Kadyrov to be placed in command of the invasion. This throws a tiny wrench into the point of view that some retards on this site have that “Russia is a white Christian country that hates Muslims as much as me”.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/EgcB5I3-51.gif

Russia is kinda like the project trash that believes dey wuz kangs and it all was stolen from them, and they need to take it back with their rusty Tec-9s.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 10:42:57 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Bassgasm:

Ukraine isn't our neighbor.

Ukraine isn't our ally.

What exactly are we supposed to do in this nuke scenario?

Are we "obligated" to some kind of kinetic and possibly nuclear response if any nation on this planet gets nuked by another?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bassgasm:
Originally Posted By Voland:
Originally Posted By wyomingnick:
Originally Posted By Circuits:

No such thing. Its not WWII and the US the only one to have NUKES.

If there is an "exchange", who is returning in the exchange.....because I've been told here that UA has none........so that leaves France, UK, and the good ole USA.......so who is returning fire?

US will return fire. France lacks the balls, Britain would ask us, first. Israel doesn't care until Iran jumps, and Pakistan, India and China are their own problem.

I think Russia will deploy a tactial nuke and try to pass it off as a command/control problem, and not a definitive act of the State.

We are in uncharted territory ATM.

I'm really not sure they would do it. You really think Biden/this administration has the balls to start nuclear war over a single tactical nuke used in Ukraine ?

That line is getting pushed more and more... nukes getting used is like watching your across the street neighbors house get home invaded and the wife getting raped on the front lawn... if you don't do anything about that, you pretty much deserve what you get...

Ukraine isn't our neighbor.

Ukraine isn't our ally.

What exactly are we supposed to do in this nuke scenario?

Are we "obligated" to some kind of kinetic and possibly nuclear response if any nation on this planet gets nuked by another?

They always wanted to be. The Kremlin/Yanukovych/Manafort team derailed that until 2014.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 10:43:12 AM EDT
[#24]
Heard on the radio that Russia is pulling their forces out of the Kiev area and moving them to Donbass to fight for that property.

IOW, they are getting their asses kicked and are beating feet.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 10:45:08 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By DK-Prof:

As a self-hating academic, I do not disagree … especially since I personally know a number of Harvard faculty.  

Giving authority or power to academics is a terrible idea.  Like, a really terrible idea.
View Quote

Breaking the power of academia needs to be a top right wing priority.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 10:45:30 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By weagle:
After a couple of weeks of war, what was obvious from the start is finally being realized by the MSM and the public in general:

Negotiations will end with Putin having his coveted trade route to the Black sea in Southern Ukraine. Z-sky will pocket Billions of dollars of cash and weapon systems. Europe will get cheaper energy since Russia doesn't have to pay Ukraine access to the Black sea, and the big man will get 10%

The Ukrainian people and Russian soldiers pay the price.
View Quote

The energy travels in pipelines, less so on ships.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 10:45:47 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:
Oy, NYT got on the LegGate story:

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/03/28/world/ukraine-russia-war#a-video-shows-russian-prisoners-of-war-in-ukraine-being-beaten-and-shot-in-their-legs

Reuters as well.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/russian-investigators-study-video-alleged-mistreatment-russian-prisoners-kremlin-2022-03-28/

I dont think it will matter much. But its not good PR, and also discourages RU troops from surrendering.

If you're going to take revenge, at a minimum, dont share the video evidence on social media. Better still, dont have a video in case of capture.
View Quote
So is the kneecapping video now considered verified and authentic? Or is mainstream media going with unverified claims.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 10:46:16 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By SheltiePimp:
Russians are showing off the dead Azov battalion fighters in Mariupol, piles and piles of dead bodies.

They are using techniques they developed in Syria to clear the surrounding towns and industrial areas, who would have thought we are seeing tactics that worked in Aleppo, in Europe, in 2022...

The best weapons we could send to Ukraine now would be anti-drone systems, the Russians are just picking armor off using the Krasnopol 152mm guided artillery and their relatively cheap drones. I've counted at least 50 videos in the past few days. It's not on any western media because it's not part of the narrative, but this will have caused Nato a lot of worries because if you are within range and the drone spots you, you are a target.
View Quote

An interview with a Russian stated the fighting was still heavy and they were struggling to pin down Azov. They’d reappear behind Russian units regularly.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 10:46:42 AM EDT
[#29]

There is an interview with a Wagner guy regarding Syria that says essentially their experience there was worse than no experience at all,they just drove around in convoys away from actual contact and certainly weren’t facing people who would actually fight.

UA SOF has not only 8 years of Donbass to learn from from has trained with every Western SF group imaginable. I posted this exact same thing way,way,way back in this thread: Canada had Ukrainian operators get  700 their citizens from Afghanistan,these guys were running 6-8 missions a day into Taliban territory. Apparently guys who were willing to do this were supposed to be so scared of Russians they wouldn’t fight…bold assumption…

These exact photos are in the thread from the Kabul evacuation thread on here:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56204/6D845CCA-AE93-4453-B173-FAE034129F59_jpe-2330419.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56204/0EFEF916-5B90-4A3E-9D07-22BB85AFA201_jpe-2330420.JPG
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:
Originally Posted By goneshootin:

Fox news is saying Russia is bringing 1000 or so more contractors. Wagner group.

Wagner group are unprofessional slobs according to a contact who is former British special forces who had experiences with them in Africa. I was on his email a couple of weeks ago.

Ukrainian special forces beat the infamous Russian Spetznaz in at least three battles- I doubt the Wagner group is better than them.

There is an interview with a Wagner guy regarding Syria that says essentially their experience there was worse than no experience at all,they just drove around in convoys away from actual contact and certainly weren’t facing people who would actually fight.

UA SOF has not only 8 years of Donbass to learn from from has trained with every Western SF group imaginable. I posted this exact same thing way,way,way back in this thread: Canada had Ukrainian operators get  700 their citizens from Afghanistan,these guys were running 6-8 missions a day into Taliban territory. Apparently guys who were willing to do this were supposed to be so scared of Russians they wouldn’t fight…bold assumption…

These exact photos are in the thread from the Kabul evacuation thread on here:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56204/6D845CCA-AE93-4453-B173-FAE034129F59_jpe-2330419.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56204/0EFEF916-5B90-4A3E-9D07-22BB85AFA201_jpe-2330420.JPG

I didn't know about them in Afghanistan for Canada - thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 10:46:48 AM EDT
[#30]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Riter:
Noted economist Martin Armstrong wrote:

I reported yesterday on the private blog that there was a battle raging between the Pentagon and the State Department and the Pentagon won. The Neocons have been putting out total BS that Putin was losing and on the ropes in hope that they could muster support for a NATO invasion. Blinken had his wrists smacked with a club and read the riot act – what the hell do you think you are doing calling Putin a Butcher and insisting on regime change?

The Pentagon warned that this is NOT a battle that will be easily won and there will be no NY left to have a ticker-tape parade. Do not expect the overthrow of Putin claiming he is just an autocrat when in fact the very same structure stands in Europe. The head of Europe also never stands for election and is appointed by the party. What is the difference between that and Russia or China? On top of that, Biden has declared world war III in the financial markets WITHOUT consulting the Pentagon or Congress. That is outrageous for under the Constitution only Congress can issue a declaration of war.

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/world-news/corruption/hunter-bidens-laptop-funding-bioweapons-in-ukraine/

@Riter Is this a fucking joke?
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 10:46:54 AM EDT
[#31]

Wagner group are unprofessional slobs according to a contact who is former British special forces who had experiences with them in Africa. I was on his email a couple of weeks ago.

Ukrainian special forces beat the infamous Russian Spetznaz in at least three battles- I doubt the Wagner group is better than them.
View Quote
I haven't seen the Spetznaz Flip Shovel Throw in any of the actual combat footage we've seen. What are they waiting for?
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 10:47:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CPT_CAVEMAN] [#32]
Originally Posted By Element94:

View All Quotes

Was just thinking that. Hey at least next time Russia invades Ukraine won't be fighting and dying.

They get to surrender then have someone else cover their ass

Or whatever
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 10:47:40 AM EDT
[#33]
Fast moving Russian

Russian tank was hit, and the crew member forgets stop drop and roll
View Quote

“Help me Jesus! Help me Jewish God! Help me Allah! AAAAAHHH! Help me Tom Cruise! Tom Cruise, use your witchcraft on me to get the fire off me! Help me Oprah Winfrey!”
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 10:47:48 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Waldo:
Haven't they generally done the opposite after these kind of announcements?
View Quote

My thoughts exactly, unfortunately
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 10:47:57 AM EDT
[#35]
Recaptured UA equipment in Kherson region

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-03-29_03-38-34_jpg-2330436.JPG
View Quote

Does reactive armor actually work?  I'm seeing three hits on it with no apparent reaction.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 10:48:28 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Javak:

"Help me Jesus! Help me Jewish God! Help me Allah! AAAAAHHH! Help me Tom Cruise! Tom Cruise, use your witchcraft on me to get the fire off me! Help me Oprah Winfrey!"
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/29/2022 10:48:55 AM EDT
[#37]

The Ukrainians should not accept anything less than Russia behind their pre-2014 borders, and really in an ideal world, Khodorkovsky's "7D" plan, but sadly that's unrealistic to ask, because Europe and the US would rather cave to a dictator to save their own skins and keep the gas flowing.

If Russia gets to retain Crimea, and Donetsk and Luhansk, all this will do is postpone WWIII, and create a NV/RVN or DPRK/ROK situation that merely sets the conditions for when WWIII finally does kick off.
View Quote

I also don’t think Putin can stay in power nor can the Russian military, security, and intelligence capability persist in current form. Rout them in the field. Keep the sanctions going and shatter Russia into a dozen shards. Take their teeth out.

Link Posted: 3/29/2022 10:49:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dillydilly] [#38]
Originally Posted By Yobro512:

It’s all worthless unless Crimea goes back to Ukraine.
View Quote

It never will under that kind of premise. Only way Ukraine gets it back is if they liberate it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 10:51:05 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By glklvr:

Nuclear deterrence works when the other side knows you'll launch too. Biden has demonstrated incoherence, incompetence and waffling. Kamala is in the corner cackling. Does anybody think we'd respond with a nuke if he used a small tactical one?
View Quote

Tater head gets to decide if we preemptively strike. Mil decides on retaliatory strikes.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 10:52:37 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By dillydilly:

It never will under that kind of premise. Only way Ukraine gets it back is if they invade it.
View Quote

That would probably be a red line that if crossed the Russian will use nuclear weapons on the battlefield.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 10:53:16 AM EDT
[#41]

That means Russia is preparing a massive attack.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Chokey:

That means Russia is preparing a massive attack.

Or they're getting the shit kicked out of them and want it to look like it's part of the plan.

They committed a huge convoy and troops to attack Kyiv and haven't had much luck.

But either way, ya they lyin
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 10:53:34 AM EDT
[#42]

Correct. Most people think that a jet fighter cam shoot down an ICBM or that we have some magic weapon - we don't. And then there are MIRV warheads which make nukes even more impossible to intercept. Basically, a MIRV warhead splits into multiple warheads with each hitting specific target so if a Russian ICBM reaches above the upper midwest, the MIRV activates and then separates into maybe five nukes which target: Detroit, Chicago, Cleveland,  Columbus,  and Toledo. (Just an example as Detriot and Cleveland would do more damage to the US if they are just left alone...)

But, leftists never wanted to spend any money on Strategic Defense Initiative-type defenses like Reagan-era "Star Wars" and some on the right didnt want any more money going to the "military industrial complex".

So we are screwed. Also, and very important, the democrats/Carter scuttled the Office of Civil Defense so now we have none (outside of preppers and survivalists who prepare for nukes) and many on the right bought into the leftist lie that nuclear war is not survivable out of ignorance and laziness. Now the left and right are like little girls whining about everytime Biden opens his mouth because they fear a nuclear war with Putin.

So, now Putin can threaten and do almost whatever he wants including yet another Russian genocide on the Ukrainian people. Next it will be Finland, then maybe Japan over the islands issue,  then maybe even hanging-out-in-the-wind Estonia, then who knows maybe even Hawaii.

For those not lazy and can admit to themselves that they dont really know about nuclear war presparensness and want to do what they can to protect their families, read the following:

The owner of this company (along with Sen. Rick Santorum) saved the remaining civil defense radiation meters and calibration equipment that Clinton tried to destroy. Anyway, see this video as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uc4xI544IzY

And this is all relevant to this thread as there are hundreds of posts regarding the escalation of this war to nuclear war. The PBS interview I posted last night with the Putin's spokesperson from the Kremlin had nuclear war as its main topic.
View Quote

If a nuke exchange happens, more people will die from starvation than radiation.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 10:54:33 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By R0N:

That would probably be a red line that if crossed the Russian will use nuclear weapons on the battlefield.
View Quote
I'm not disputing it with you but I hope they don't ever use nukes.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 10:54:45 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:

Was just thinking that. Hey at least next time Russia invades Ukraine won't be fighting and dying.

They get to surrender them have someone else cover their ass

Or whatever
View Quote

The Russians will promise the moon and stars and lie their asses off.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 10:55:32 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:

If a nuke exchange happens, more people will die from starvation than radiation.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By lorazepam:

Correct. Most people think that a jet fighter cam shoot down an ICBM or that we have some magic weapon - we don't. And then there are MIRV warheads which make nukes even more impossible to intercept. Basically, a MIRV warhead splits into multiple warheads with each hitting specific target so if a Russian ICBM reaches above the upper midwest, the MIRV activates and then separates into maybe five nukes which target: Detroit, Chicago, Cleveland,  Columbus,  and Toledo. (Just an example as Detriot and Cleveland would do more damage to the US if they are just left alone...)

For those not lazy and can admit to themselves that they dont really know about nuclear war presparensness and want to do what they can to protect their families, read the following:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uc4xI544IzY

True.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 10:55:55 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

So is the kneecapping video now considered verified and authentic? Or is mainstream media going with unverified claims.
View Quote

They would never let the truth get in the way of a good story.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 10:56:30 AM EDT
[#47]

God look at how black that soil is.
View Quote

Ukraine has some of the most fertile soil on Earth, and one of the best climates in Europe.

Imagine having soil like that, but still having famine, as they did in the 1930s...

By rights, they should be one of the richest, most prosperous countries in Europe.  

Fuckin' commies though.

Link Posted: 3/29/2022 10:56:52 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By glklvr:

View Quote

This administration will only respond with nukes if it furthers their global end game agenda.
This administration hates traditional USA and destruction suits them.
Not responding to a nuke anywhere allows the power and influence of the USA to be greatly reduced and destroyed. It is a win for the evil and a win for furthering the reduction of influence.
I really detest FJB and heels up
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 10:56:58 AM EDT
[#49]

some  Russians are upset at the pace of things and are wanting now General  Kadyrov to be placed in command of the invasion. .
View Quote

I don't think Kadyrov can do any worse than the clowns who are currently in charge. BTW he's not only a general, he's also a Hero of Russia, а member of Russian Academy of Sciences, and there is a bridge in St. Petersburg named after him.  According to Kadyrov himself, he killed his first Russian when he was 16.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 10:58:11 AM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:

They get to surrender them have someone else cover their ass

Or whatever

Ya, next time in a year or two after Ukraine is disarmed it'll be the samething, sept without all the fighting. Putin will threaten nukes and nobody will do shit.
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1363 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top