Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1901 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 5/8/2022 9:29:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GiggleSmith] [#1]
The Dude sure knows how to talk.
His words have a bigger impact without him wearing a tie than more conventionally attired Politicos in they suits.
Somebody already called him the Ukrainian Churchill.  Rally the country and the world around him.

Never Again
Zelensky releases video on day of remembrance: 'We hear "never again" differently'
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 9:31:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ludder093:
View Quote

Sounds like MTG press release
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 9:34:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By GiggleSmith:
Dunno if it's been posted before.

From 2017:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkQyoaOLgCA
View Quote
Many people don't give much thought to how much food plays a role in moral whether on a battlefield or just neighbors helping one another.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 9:37:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Back in the 90's, I had a John Bircher come up to my table at a gunshow and start explaining how the Libertarian Party leadership were all card carrying Soviet tools.

I had sort of forgotten the conversation until Mr. Musk's Nazi thread...
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 9:39:43 PM EDT
[#5]
His words have a bigger impact without him wearing a tie than more conventionally attired Politicos in they suits.
Somebody already called him the Ukrainian Churchill.  Rally the country and the world around him.

Never Again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVlEkBHO_hc
View Quote
His stature compared to all the dignitaries that he meets with is notable. The most unlikely hero, the man with the iron balls indeed.

Link Posted: 5/8/2022 9:40:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Spotted: Imprisoned Putin Connected MegaYacht M/Y Crescent

Link Posted: 5/8/2022 9:41:36 PM EDT
[#7]

I believe even in German “the” has been dropped from the name. So it would be just Ukraine and not die/the Ukraine.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 9:42:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By CS223:
His stature compared to all the dignitaries that he meets with is notable. The most unlikely hero, the man with the iron balls indeed.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/bc/ec/4f/bcec4ff3dc3cda32c33a2de2b4da2001--dancers-sweet.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CS223:

Never Again

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/bc/ec/4f/bcec4ff3dc3cda32c33a2de2b4da2001--dancers-sweet.jpg
Stainless Steel
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 9:42:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 9:45:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Not surprising, the Italians have had their fair share of communists, were trading partners of the Soviet Union, and are pretty cozy with the CCP these days in business.

Link Posted: 5/8/2022 9:48:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Zhukov:
https://archive.ph/iws25#selection-373.54-373.229

Article from the German news magazine Cicero which I like quite a bit because it's much more balanced than so others. Here's the tl;dr version:
  • The pro-Russian demonstrations are apparently directly led out of the Russian consulate.
  • Intercepted radio messages shows that orders were sent to the demonstrators to stop the car parades so that they wouldn't be forbidden before May 9th rolls around. Recall that they stopped those literally overnight; now we know why.
  • Demonstrators have been forbidden to speak to the press; the press should only be talking to the Russian-German organizers approved by the consulate.
  • An officer in the Bundeswehr of Russian heritage purportedly said that 40,000 of the 180,000 soldiers harbor pro-Russian senitments and "speak Russian with a German accent".
  • There's supposedly 50,000 law enforcement officers that feel the same way.
  • All demonstration requests have come from German citizens, not anyone associated with the consulate. They're usually the same person though so you can draw your own conclusions...

It's not terribly surprising that the Russians are directly behind a lot of this, but this is pretty much the proof of it. Expect some shenanigans tomorrow morning when you wake up and read the news. Monday is going to be interesting...

View Quote

At some point a country needs to admit the freedoms and laws they have are actually enabling their enemies within their own border. Russians in germany are allowed to support war crimes. Germans laws prevent them from being mob beaten for supporting war crimes.(Yeah, I know we have the same issues.)
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 9:49:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 9:50:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By stone-age:
What do y'all think will be the response from us/nato if russia blows up a nuke in siberia as a show of force?
What do y'all think will be the response from us/nato if russia hits a ukranin target with a nuke as a show of force? A small one on snake island or something like that.
View Quote

1)One less nuke in the Russia arsenal
2)If it’s an “out of the way demonstration” same as above.  It it’s on a populated city like Kiev or Kharkiv, we will talk calmly and reasonably but will execute a first strike/decapitation strike.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 9:50:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CarmelBytheSea] [#14]
Originally Posted By pivoproseem:
Not surprising, the Italians have had their fair share of communists, were trading partners of the Soviet Union, and are pretty cozy with the CCP these days in business.

View Quote
billions of Euros worth
Italian PM Renzi meets China's Premier Li, nations to sign 8 billion euro agreements
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 9:50:51 PM EDT
[#15]

Russia first?
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 9:51:05 PM EDT
[#16]

View Quote

It’s hardly just the Communists. Russia manipulates the Italian far right for support as well, just as they do in every Western country.

Link Posted: 5/8/2022 10:01:23 PM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

That's why the 911 didn't get Pirelli tires.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 10:01:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Operator Starsky should be on tonight

UKRAINE HOLDS THE LINE! Current War Footage News With The Enforcer and Operator Starsky (Day 74)

Link Posted: 5/8/2022 10:03:26 PM EDT
[#19]

Never Again
View Quote

My God. That was moving.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 10:04:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By stone-age:
What do y'all think will be the response from us/nato if russia blows up a nuke in siberia as a show of force?
What do y'all think will be the response from us/nato if russia hits a ukranin target with a nuke as a show of force? A small one on snake island or something like that.
View Quote

Rather stupid move...

Setting off a nuke over your own land?

Every one knows they have nukes and knows they will use them if they can manage to get away with it.

Only people who will really be surprised is China.

And NeverTrumpers (same as Chinese)
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 10:04:43 PM EDT
[#21]

Interesting data for Finland and Sweden.  Last polling I saw indicated that Finland was overwhelmingly for NATO, and Sweden with a slim majority for NATO.  This data indicates Sweden is much more hawkish on Russia and may be more likely to join NATO than previous data suggested.  A Russian mobilization tomorrow would probably push this even further.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 10:07:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Capta:

Interesting data for Finland and Sweden.  Last polling I saw indicated that Finland was overwhelmingly for NATO, and Sweden with a slim majority for NATO.  This data indicates Sweden is much more hawkish on Russia and may be more likely to join NATO than previous data suggested.  A Russian mobilization tomorrow would probably push this even further.
View Quote

To get to Sweden Russia would have to go through Finland?
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 10:10:19 PM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 10:16:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Prime:

‘The Russian Embassy resigns from organizing the Victory Day celebrations in Warsaw "so as not to endanger its participants".’
View Quote

If I was Poland, I'd be getting a bit twitchy about something sketchy going down.

Russians citing caring about endangering people as rationale for not being present at something would be flashing some big red lights if it was me.

Hope the Polish security service is on the ball.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 10:19:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Dagger41:
What time does the parade start ?
View Quote

1/2 an hour before the first Starstreak is launched at the flyby?  (wishful thinking)
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 10:22:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By TheLurker:

If I was Poland, I'd be getting a bit twitchy about something sketchy going down.

Russians citing caring about endangering people as rationale for not being present at something would be flashing some big red lights if it was me.

Hope the Polish security service is on the ball.
View Quote

There will be one or more false flags somewhere against Russians.  Preferably against 90 year old veterans and their families.  Then they will have a pretext to mobilize.  Russia is capable of ANYTHING right now.  No lie is too big, no action too despicable.  Mark my words.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 10:23:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Anybody got a livestream for the Parade?
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 10:23:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ludder093] [#28]
Originally Posted By Chokey:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FSRud5iWUAEn0pA?format=jpg&name=medium

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Chokey:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FSRud5iWUAEn0pA?format=jpg&name=medium

Link Posted: 5/8/2022 10:30:56 PM EDT
[#29]

View All Quotes

The Italian communist party officially believed for 30 years that fake ass fucken shit from the commie Russkieland scums that 1956 Hungary was a fascist counter revolt.

Nothing else...
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 10:37:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:

View Quote

Reportedly during the Cold War the Finns told the Swedes that they couldn’t stop the Russians but they promised they would be on foot by the time they got to Sweden.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 10:39:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 10:40:25 PM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

I would be a little uneasy too if Russia named me as a war enemy.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 10:41:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 10:41:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:

Reportedly during the Cold War the Finns told the Swedes that they couldn’t stop the Russians but they promised they would be on foot by the time they got to Sweden.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:

If Finland joins NATO, does Sweden really need to?
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 10:44:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 10:46:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:
View Quote
It's going to be a traffic jam to Ukraine

That and a logistics nightmare. Now everyone gets to eat dogs or starve
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 10:48:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: zach_] [#37]
Originally Posted By realwar:

View All Quotes

How about if Elon named you as a war enemy.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 10:52:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 10:54:57 PM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

Depends on how they feel about Gotland.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 10:59:22 PM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

With nukes on the table, yes.  Russia is far too unpredictable right now.  They have also been willing to foment conflict in non-NATO countries to prevent them accessing NATO.  Given a bit of time, I would be amazed if there wasn’t soon a Russian minority being oppressed in Sweden that needed Russian protection and their own “People’s Republic.”
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 10:59:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By 7empest:
I have been thinking about starting a Ukrainian music/band thread
View Quote

@7empest
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 11:06:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Cool pic of UA SF with modded PKM and other kit:
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 11:06:59 PM EDT
[#43]
So 1 am central time is rhe start of russias may 9th parade.  I'm curious if there is any live streams of the nuke?
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 11:08:50 PM EDT
[#44]
RUSSIAN ORCS LIVED HERE ???? UKRAINIAN KINDERGARTEN.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 11:09:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheLurker] [#45]

Click To View Spoiler

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 11:10:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 11:11:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:
So 1 am central time is rhe start of russias may 9th parade.  I'm curious if there is any live streams of the nuke?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 11:15:40 PM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes

Singling him out is ominous.  The Russians are notorious for their poisonings of enemies. I hope he has good security and situational awareness.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 11:18:53 PM EDT
[#49]

View Quote

It’s a package deal according to the Finns. Besides it’s a smaller neighborhood up north Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 11:24:49 PM EDT
[#50]

Never Again
View Quote

That was a brilliant and powerful speech. The blackened buildings in the background. The not-so-subtle comparison of Russia today to the Nazis of WWII. The appeals to perseverance in the face of evil violence. Love it.
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1901 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top