Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1902 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 5/8/2022 11:27:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 11:30:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GunGuyMP:
If this is really full mobilization I think this next month is going to have events that are dramatic and historic far beyond what we have seen already. We are living through absolutely crazy times.
View Quote

Not to be a wet blanket, but “living through” is yet to be determined.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 11:31:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:
So 1 am central time is rhe start of russias may 9th parade.  I'm curious if there is any live streams of the nuke?
View Quote

I hope to hell there is a countdown timer or something. That Nuke Jack I expected to finish back in Frankfurt in '84 is probably going to take a bit longer now...
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 11:37:05 PM EDT
[#4]

Fail?
View Quote

Nope.  Made it.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 11:39:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I keep wondering what would make a country like Lithuania send a brigade or so to the Ukraine to help out.
I think Any sized nuke Anywhere. including Russian territory as a test, would do it.

Lithuanian Army Ready For War? Avg Infantryman Perspective
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 11:42:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 11:43:17 PM EDT
[#8]

White solo cup
I blow you up
Like drone dropped arty

Link Posted: 5/8/2022 11:46:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By ludder093:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Chokey:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FSRud5iWUAEn0pA?format=jpg&name=medium

frogged?

He saying something?
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 11:47:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 11:52:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CarmelBytheSea] [#11]

Wtf is this? ..China feeling froggy?
View Quote

China can’t help but step in its own bullshit. They pretend to be neutral so they don’t lose EU business but then say shit like this or sell aircraft parts to Russia now that Moscow needs every helo and plane possible for Ukraine.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 11:54:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dillydilly] [#12]
Russian YouTuber NFKRZ explaining the effectiveness of Russian propaganda.

Russian propaganda is smarter than you think
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 12:03:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:
Cool pic of UA SF with modded PKM and other kit:
https://i.ibb.co/5vfFbqd/Screen-Shot-2022-05-08-at-10-59-59-PM.png
View Quote

That's a cool mount. I got the Zenitco on mine. You can see through it so you can still use your iron sites and scope.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 12:16:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:

Sounds like MTG press release
View Quote

Based Musk. He's 100% right.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 12:16:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 12:24:31 AM EDT
[#16]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z5UAkxVTRM
View Quote

I haven't been seeing any cope cages on tanks lately, I wonder if they finally just got rid of them.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 12:28:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Russian Special Forces join with motorized rifleman group

Russian Special Forces join with motorized rifleman group

During the offensive on the Liman, one of the units of the Russian Army was attacked from the abandoned houses of the village, a combined group of special forces and motorized riflemen arrived to help them, opening fire on the Armed Forces of Ukraine with RPGs, BTR-82A guns and assault rifles. During the battle, Ukrainian firing points were suppressed, and the help that arrived went to replenish ammunition.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 12:28:42 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By walkinginadangerzone:

I haven't been seeing any cope cages on tanks lately, I wonder if they finally just got rid of them.
View Quote

Well, they certainly weren't protecting the tanks, and I suspect a lot of them are no longer on the battlefield to be seen. And I assume as we are no longer seeing them on anything, they have perhaps given up on the idea of them.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 12:30:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By grambosc:

White solo cup
I blow you up
Like drone dropped arty

View Quote

And - Boom.

Drone War Haiku is now a thing.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 12:31:12 AM EDT
[#20]
REPLAY: Moscow - Military Vehicles roll in ahead of Victory Day Parade

Possible victory day livestream?
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 12:37:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ludder093] [#21]
so who's the strongest military in Europe? I'm going with the Poles followed by Brittan.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 12:40:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By OBird:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JqHyVLS1LI

View Quote

It is.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 12:41:05 AM EDT
[#23]
so who's the strongest military in Europe? I'm going with the Poles followed by Brittan.
View Quote

France, UK close.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 12:44:34 AM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

That is not Mariupol. Too many standing buildings.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 12:47:14 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By zach_:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By zach_:

The main event is in Moscow; Mariupol parade is a sideshow
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 1:09:30 AM EDT
[#26]
Can anyone send me a link to the guy that got his face blown off please
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 1:18:53 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Capta:

The problem is that any armor that isn’t top-of-the-line is just meat-on-the-table.  And even the latest M1 is vulnerable to any infantryman within 5KM.  Or to an artillery piece 30KM away.  So to protect that armor you need a big and well-equipped infantry screen, air dominance now to include small drones/anti-drones, EW dominance, and so on.  And who screens the infantry screen IFVs from enemy ATGMs?  Drones?  I’m not saying that it’s impossible, however the cost and complexity to make classic tanks work going forward may be prohibitive for anyone who is not the US.  I think the future “armored” vehicle looks like a cross between an IFV and and a SPAAG.
Right now, I think you can make a good case for infiltration tactics and defense in depth using only mobile infantry plus air defense/anti-drone assets.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:

The different is that a carrier group can project power for hundreds of miles.
Armor does not outrange ATGM infantry and with its increasing vulnerability I think it’s a fair question to ask whether it is a good use of resources.

Breaking through enemy lines is expensive. You’re not going to do it nearly as well with other weapons.

The problem is that any armor that isn’t top-of-the-line is just meat-on-the-table.  And even the latest M1 is vulnerable to any infantryman within 5KM.  Or to an artillery piece 30KM away.  So to protect that armor you need a big and well-equipped infantry screen, air dominance now to include small drones/anti-drones, EW dominance, and so on.  And who screens the infantry screen IFVs from enemy ATGMs?  Drones?  I’m not saying that it’s impossible, however the cost and complexity to make classic tanks work going forward may be prohibitive for anyone who is not the US.  I think the future “armored” vehicle looks like a cross between an IFV and and a SPAAG.
Right now, I think you can make a good case for infiltration tactics and defense in depth using only mobile infantry plus air defense/anti-drone assets.

I think Unmanned Ground Vehicles with 70mm Laser Guided Rockets (APKWS) is a viable tank replacement. Going to rockets removes the need for a Big Gun and its associated weight, and APKWS gives a 13lb Warhead with 5km+ range.
70mm rockets mean small Jeep sized robot vehicles can pack 14-25 shots, allowing for a very potent fire support / anti structure vehicle in a small, cheap, easily transportable package:

Small drones with thermals and laser designators can fly forward of the vehicle, ID threats, and then laze them for APKWS.

If it gets destroyed, its a cheap, unmanned robot golf cart, so who gives a shit. The result is armor needs are minimal - just protection from small arms.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 1:30:17 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 1:36:55 AM EDT
[#29]
View Quote

Order 66 underway.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 1:37:25 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Johnny_Utah_88:
View Quote

Scroll about ten pages back to mid-morning. It's not the worst thing I've ever seen, but it's not pleasant and can't be unseen, so scroll back on your own recognizance.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 1:49:06 AM EDT
[#31]
So your assault gets bogged down by machineguns and RPGs? Hmmmm.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 1:51:29 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Circuits:

Scroll about ten pages back to mid-morning. It's not the worst thing I've ever seen, but it's not pleasant and can't be unseen, so scroll back on your own recognizance.
View Quote
Thanks man I found it
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 2:17:26 AM EDT
[#34]
View Quote

France and the UK are about tied (although I consider the UK separate from Europe.)

For NATO its probably US, UK, France, Turkey, Poland
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 2:55:13 AM EDT
[#35]

They're really buthurt over that embassy strike, even though it only killed 3 reporters and was an accident:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_bombing_of_the_Chinese_embassy_in_Belgrade
View Quote

"Accident"

It's a shame all that recovered F-117 wreckage the was destroyed in the strike as well.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 3:21:21 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Chaingun:
It's going to be a traffic jam to Ukraine

That and a logistics nightmare. Now everyone gets to eat dogs or starve
View Quote
I'm not sure how many would actually report for service. This may spark mass Civil unrest. Hopefully the internet Intel "experts" are wrong, and we aren't about to find out either way.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 3:27:20 AM EDT
[#37]
LIVE MOSCOW

Russian Victory Day 2022 in full: Military parade in Moscow as Putin delivers speech
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 3:35:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: OBird] [#38]
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 3:48:00 AM EDT
[#39]
Putin Speech - May 9th

Putin Speech at 77th Anniversary - Victory Day parade - May 9th
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 3:52:18 AM EDT
[#40]
T-90M

??????? ???? ??????? ??????? ?-90? «??????»
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 3:58:13 AM EDT
[#41]
anyone got a TLDW of putins speech?
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 4:04:01 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By snowcrab:
anyone got a TLDW of putins speech?
View Quote

Little of significance. No formal declaration of war, no announcement of full mobilization, no claim of victory…pretty inconsequential as far as I could tell
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 4:29:20 AM EDT
[#43]
The new headline

Putin twists the truth as he declares Russia is now fighting for its survival during Victory Day parade featuring Ukraine invasion 'Z' symbols - while Doomsday jet flyover is mysteriously axed

Vladimir Putin gave a chest-beating speech to his troops during Moscow's Victory Day parade today - telling soldiers that they are now fighting for the security of the nation against what he called Western plans to invade.

Seeking to re-frame his war in Ukraine as a war between Russia and the West, he declared NATO to be the aggressor and said he is trying to deescalate the situation with a 'special military operation' which he declared to be 'the only right decision' against a 'neo-Nazi' regime in Kyiv.

He also sought to twist the truth of what is happening on the ground in Ukraine, hailing a day of 'great victory' despite Russia's battlefield defeats and telling his men they are fighting a just war despite plentiful evidence of war crimes in occupied territories.

But he stopped short of what many had feared: An official declaration of war on Kyiv which would have allowed him to mobilise Russia's military reserves and conscript civilians in order to escalate fighting across the border.

And a planned flyover by military jets including his 'Doomsday jet' - which would allow him to continue ruling Russia in the event of a nuclear blast - was also axed at the last minute which state media said was due to bad weather, but which rumours suggested could be due to fears of attacks.

The vehicle parade is also downsized from previous years, featuring almost a third fewer than in 2020 because Russia has committed - and lost - so many of its ground forces in Ukraine.

Putin's speech came after a parade through the streets of Vladivostok that featured tanks streaming Soviet banners and 'Z' symbols emblazoned on the site of motorbikes in the orange and black colours of the Saint George's ribbon, the highest decoration of Imperial Russia.

Goose-stepping soldiers followed close behind, rifles held across their chests which were emblazoned with a ribbon in the same Saint George's colours. A Soviet-era motorbike and sidecar joined them, a 'Z' symbol - which has become synonymous with Russia's war in Ukraine - stuck on the side in the same black and organ livery.

The parade in Vladivostok - which is seven hours ahead of Moscow time - took place ahead of the main parade which will process through Red Square later today. Vladimir Putin is due to oversee it, and is expected to give a speech hailing Russia's military might and drumming up support for the war in Ukraine.

But after the failure of Russia's generals to seize Kyiv and with their offensive in Donbas largely at a standstill, there will be little for Putin to cheer. That has led to speculation - denied by the Kremlin - that Putin will instead use the speech to announce a further escalation in the fighting.

Putin could use his speech to officially declare war on Ukraine instead of the 'special military operation' he is currently waging, allowing him to call up Russia's military reserves and perhaps conscript more men into the army in the hopes of turning the tide of war in his favour.

President Zelensky has warned his nation to be on high alert for missiles strikes across the country today, suspecting that Russia will try to dampen any displays of defiance using withering rocket and artillery fire.

All of which comes against a back-drop of increased nuclear threats from the Kremlin and Russian state media, adding to the lingering fear that a desperate and detached Putin could order an atomic strike either on Ukraine or its allies in order to achieve victory by shock and awe.

PICS
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 5:29:12 AM EDT
[#44]
No flyover ???

LOL
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 6:00:33 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Dagger41:
No flyover ???

LOL
View Quote

Weather was too bad.

Link Posted: 5/9/2022 6:08:54 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Johnny_Utah_88:
View Quote

The face was intact. The rest was gone.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 6:17:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: iggy1337] [#47]
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 6:18:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: fadedsun] [#48]
No planes during the victory parade

Allegedly it was because of safety due to the low clouds and weather forecast…sunny with a chance of manpads
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 6:29:40 AM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z5UAkxVTRM

They just read the recent Russian propaganda that Javelin's were nothing more than "hot shit" and not to be concerned about them.

Link Posted: 5/9/2022 6:32:32 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Zhukov:
https://archive.ph/iws25#selection-373.54-373.229

Article from the German news magazine Cicero which I like quite a bit because it's much more balanced than so others. Here's the tl;dr version:
  • The pro-Russian demonstrations are apparently directly led out of the Russian consulate.
  • Intercepted radio messages shows that orders were sent to the demonstrators to stop the car parades so that they wouldn't be forbidden before May 9th rolls around. Recall that they stopped those literally overnight; now we know why.
  • Demonstrators have been forbidden to speak to the press; the press should only be talking to the Russian-German organizers approved by the consulate.
  • An officer in the Bundeswehr of Russian heritage purportedly said that 40,000 of the 180,000 soldiers harbor pro-Russian senitments and "speak Russian with a German accent".
  • There's supposedly 50,000 law enforcement officers that feel the same way.
  • All demonstration requests have come from German citizens, not anyone associated with the consulate. They're usually the same person though so you can draw your own conclusions...

It's not terribly surprising that the Russians are directly behind a lot of this, but this is pretty much the proof of it. Expect some shenanigans tomorrow morning when you wake up and read the news. Monday is going to be interesting...

View Quote

Makes me wonder if it is time to close the embassy.   I'm not sure how big a deal that is, but if that article is accurate, Germany could have a big problem brewing and it is being directed by an enemy.

This gets back to the free speech debate we were having here a week or two ago.  Things are never quite as simple as "one man, one opinion".  I will always come down on the side of more free speech is better than less. But in a situation like this, my opinions become less clear.   Maybe publicizing the organizers ties to Russia will be enough to wake some of the followers up.

Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1902 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top