Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1903 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 5/9/2022 6:33:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By fadedsun:
No planes during the victory parade

Allegedly it was because of safety due to the low clouds and weather forecast…sunny with a chance of manpads
View Quote

Would have been an epic event if a tank or two had popped their top.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 6:36:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Circling back to Moskva sinking a moment: Just in case you thought that video showing the survivors was real - it wasn’t.

Turns out just another complete lie from Russian state media. Analysis by Radio Free Europe shows known dead/missing sailor in the formation:

https://www.rferl.org/a/russia-moskva-missing-sailor-photogeaph/31838018.html
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 6:45:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By GiggleSmith:
I keep wondering what would make a country like Lithuania send a brigade or so to the Ukraine to help out.
I think Any sized nuke Anywhere. including Russian territory as a test, would do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6XyfoZ5jHA
View Quote

Our government has selected one administrative region on the border of Belarus NW of Kyiv to be the focus of our national reconstruction assistance effort. We have already sent assistance to restore electrical power,rebuild bridges and so forth along with demining/EOD personnel. I believe we should have long since sent peacekeepers. Even 1000 of our troops would free up 1000 Ukrainians to go east to fight. Obviously Article 5 would not protect them but I don’t think it necessary.

Link Posted: 5/9/2022 6:46:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#4]
And a planned flyover by military jets including his 'Doomsday jet' - which would allow him to continue ruling Russia in the event of a nuclear blast - was also axed at the last minute which state media said was due to bad weather, but which rumours suggested could be due to fears of attacks.

The vehicle parade is also downsized from previous years, featuring almost a third fewer than in 2020 because Russia has committed - and lost - so many of its ground forces in Ukraine.
View Quote

Of course you guys know that the doomsday plane is an all weather aircraft, right?   And it was sunny at the parade, right?

Link Posted: 5/9/2022 7:00:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 715700] [#5]
Originally Posted By dillydilly:
Russian YouTuber NFKRZ explaining the effectiveness of Russian propaganda.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cY5Qd7rTC8M
View Quote

Eh,if “callouts” were allowed it would be possible to list a dozen accounts that do nothing but regurgitate Russian propaganda 🤷🏼‍♂️

Had Trump won the election Moscow would have had a guy who has said that Ukrainians and Russians are indistinguishable as a people,Zelensky  is a globalist puppet,the massacres in Ukraine shouldn’t be taken as legitimate…in the White House advising national security. They are very  good at manipulating the dumb and distraught,I will give credit where credit is due.

They were so successful with the left that they turned to the right and GD is proof that it works.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 7:07:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jack67] [#6]
Russian ambassador in Poland foolishly shows up in public today to celebrate the Russian military. It does not go well. He and his crew doused in paint.

Link Posted: 5/9/2022 7:10:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Jack67:
Russian ambassador in Poland foolishly shows up in public today to celebrate the Russian military. It does not go well. He and his crew doused in paint.

View Quote
Nice
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 7:10:35 AM EDT
[#8]

View Quote

Bold strategy cotton
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 7:14:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

Of course you guys know that the doomsday plane is an all weather aircraft, right?   And it was sunny at the parade, right?

https://c.tenor.com/cszx3BjihV8AAAAC/zorak-adult-swim.gif
View Quote

IIRC, the doomsday jet got looted of some of its electronics.
Gotta be careful where you park your ride...
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 7:17:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 7:21:35 AM EDT
[#11]

View Quote
I wouldn't put it past the Poles to dig up Russian graves and ship the remains back to Moscow.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 7:27:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By stone-age:
What do y'all think will be the response from us/nato if russia blows up a nuke in siberia as a show of force?
What do y'all think will be the response from us/nato if russia hits a ukranin target with a nuke as a show of force? A small one on snake island or something like that.
View Quote

A nuke in Siberia -- we release a statement saying we're disappointed in the bluster the Russians feel a need to show.

A single nuke in Ukraine -- we respond with a conventional non-nuclear show of force against a painful Russian target -- either naval or infrastructure (say, maybe the Kerch bridge).
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 7:28:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Translation: The first ones fired the AA of Ukraine with American M777 howitzers at the Russian troops at the Skhodі of Ukraine.

????? ???????? ?? ??????? ? ????????????? ??????? ?777 ?? ?????????? ???????? ?? ????? ???????.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 7:28:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By zach_:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

They can’t guarantee that there aren’t Ukrainians with Stingers/Starstreaks anywhere it might have to fly well within range along the route.  
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 7:33:26 AM EDT
[#15]
The ambassador of the Russian Federation near Poland was doused with red farboa while trying to put a wreath to the monument to the soldiers of Radyansk

????? ?? ? ?????? ?????? ???????? ?????? ??? ?????? ???????? ????? ?? ???'?????? ?????????? ????????
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 7:35:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:
View Quote

That's a great idea.  Kidnap people who hate you and move them in-country.  I see more burning buildings coming to deep inside Russia.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 7:38:00 AM EDT
[#17]
It says live in Moscow

REPLAY: Moscow - Immortal Regiment March

Link Posted: 5/9/2022 7:41:04 AM EDT
[#18]

View All Quotes

lol, I was the one that posted the article that showed 24 electronic boxes were removed from one plane while in maintenence.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 7:48:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By jough43:

That's a great idea.  Kidnap people who hate you and move them in-country.  I see more burning buildings coming to deep inside Russia.
View All Quotes

Nice fantasy, but that’s not how these camps work. That would be like saying, “Hitler’s such a dumbass! Bringing all those Jews and political prisoners into camps deep within his own borders! He’ll have a violent rebellion on his hands in no time!”

I predict it will go something like this:

“We’ve only liberated Russians who were being oppressed by Ukrainian nazis and returned them to the motherland.
And then, when nobody seems to be able to find any of the missing Ukrainians in the camps…
“They’ve all started new lives throughout Russia and are enjoying their new freedom”
And then, when nobody can find any of the missing Ukrainians living new lives in Russia…
“Camps? What camps? We never moved anybody!”
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 7:58:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Su-25 attack aircraft passes over Popasna, after which it inflicts Kyugu from the liberated city on the point of the Armed Forces of Ukraine

Link Posted: 5/9/2022 8:04:02 AM EDT
[#21]
A very low-flying Ukrainian SU-24 jet dodging a missile in the Donbas

Link Posted: 5/9/2022 8:05:07 AM EDT
[#22]
As most will soon know, Putin did not declare a national mobilization and the “doomsday plane” did not appear.  I guess after the parade we have three possibilities.
1)Putin is being constrained by forces within Russia to fight the war with existing forces.
2)Based on Twitter-posted call-up letters, the Russians may be trying a stealth mobilization hoping that no one will notice for some time.  This seems unlikely, but would at least allow them to avoid the international negative optics of announcing it.
3)Overt mobilization is being deferred until a pretext is found, most likely a false-flag attack on themselves.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 8:06:21 AM EDT
[#23]

View All Quotes

Lol. They aren’t just loose.

They are in camps.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 8:07:11 AM EDT
[#24]

lol, I was the one that posted the article that showed 24 electronic boxes were removed from one plane while in maintenence.
View All Quotes

I bet I know who some of the buyers were for those thieves…..
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 8:12:19 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By kncook:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kncook:

Oh certainly, I wonder if the other three doomsday planes they have that went in for maintenance had other items missing.    There's probably a working mock up here in the US by now.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 8:18:05 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 8:21:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: realwar] [#27]
Putin's Victory Day parade hacked with pro-Ukraine message

Vladimir Putin's 'fascism' equal to Nazis, says Ben Wallace

Ukraine War: Vladimir Putin's 'fascism' equal to Nazis, says Ben Wallace
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 8:30:33 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 8:31:56 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Dagger41:
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/9/2022 8:45:56 AM EDT
[#30]
'Soon there will be TWO Victory Days in Ukraine…and someone will not have even one left’: Zelensky takes swipe at Putin in new video denouncing Russia’s May 9 propaganda

Video
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 8:46:07 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:
View Quote

Sir, that is just ridiculous hyperbole.

They have one other.

Link Posted: 5/9/2022 8:47:10 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By realwar:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV_e3C-seQM

Vladimir Putin's 'fascism' equal to Nazis, says Ben Wallace

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UomBxxds7YA
View Quote
The hack is funny but I haven't seen anything on the news about it
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 8:47:23 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Dagger41:
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/9/2022 8:51:31 AM EDT
[#34]
Okay it looks like the hack was for people watching at home.  

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/hackers-replaced-russian-tv-schedules-100733200.html
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 8:53:07 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By outofbattery:

Eh,if “callouts” were allowed it would be possible to list a dozen accounts that do nothing but regurgitate Russian propaganda 🤷🏼‍♂️

Had Trump won the election Moscow would have had a guy who has said that Ukrainians and Russians are indistinguishable as a people,Zelensky  is a globalist puppet,the massacres in Ukraine shouldn’t be taken as legitimate…in the White House advising national security. They are very  good at manipulating the dumb and distraught,I will give credit where credit is due.

They were so successful with the left that they turned to the right and GD is proof that it works.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 8:53:23 AM EDT
[#36]
'I'd Like To Bury My Husband' - Ukrainian Wife Who Lost Soldier Husband In Mariupol
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 8:56:44 AM EDT
[#37]

Czech company manufactures concrete 3D barriers for military personnel from Ukraine

A Czech technology company from the town of Žňár nad Sázavou is 3D printing concrete barriers that can help Ukrainian soldiers in battle. They are resistant to small arms, grenades, as well as anti-tank missiles and on-board machine guns. The company plans to send to Ukraine not only concrete barriers, but also 3D printers themselves, which will allow the military to build barriers closer to the battlefield. The technologies of this Czech company will be used in battle for the first time.

Printing one one-meter-high fence takes approximately 20 minutes. After printing, the concrete should dry, transportation is possible in a day. The printer prints barricades in a rounded shape, which better protects against bullets. The barriers have been tested at the ballistic centre and meet a number of NATO standards.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 9:00:56 AM EDT
[#38]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dillydilly:
Russian YouTuber NFKRZ explaining the effectiveness of Russian propaganda.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cY5Qd7rTC8M

It works with some people.  Others not so much.

I would say that in January, my general feelings towards Russia were very slightly positive.  It didn’t take very many videos of the Russians de-nazifying old people by blowing them up with tanks and 30mm chain guns to destroy any positive disposition I might have had, whatever Russian propaganda says.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 9:04:12 AM EDT
[#39]
New Javelin kill:

Link Posted: 5/9/2022 9:05:55 AM EDT
[#40]
The guy that got painted today:

Link Posted: 5/9/2022 9:11:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: burnka871] [#41]
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 9:23:00 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By PurpleOtter:

They need to know how big of a U-Haul to rent.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PurpleOtter:
Originally Posted By ludder093:
wtf, lol

Russians conduct a "census" of household appliances in occupied village

Details: It is noted that the occupiers are checking the premises of local residents, utility buildings, attics and basements, and moving into empty houses and social infrastructure institutions.
Particular attention is paid to hunters. They [the Russians] are looking for hunting weapons and carrying them off.
Cases have been recorded when the invaders carried out a "census" of household appliances in separate buildings: they recorded how many refrigerators, televisions, washing machines, microwave ovens, etc. were in the houses.
The reason is unknown.

They need to know how big of a U-Haul to rent.

You spelled steal wrong.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 9:23:05 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 9:23:43 AM EDT
[#44]
Meanwhile, in Germany.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 9:31:48 AM EDT
[#45]

View All Quotes

Yes it was! Russian methbillies were able to get on board and rob it blind for scrap.

Thieves have stolen electronic equipment from a Russian military aircraft known as a "doomsday plane" for its role in the country's nuclear arsenal, local media report.

Reports say unknown thieves broke into the Ilyushin Il-80 plane at an airfield in the southern region of Rostov.

It is unclear when the incident took place, but 39 units of equipment and five radio boards were taken.

The local government said an investigation was under way.

Military experts say the aircraft is one of four Il-80s designed to be used as airborne command posts for Russian officials, including the president, in the event of a nuclear conflict. Interfax news agency describes them as among Russia's most classified aircraft.

Further details have not been publicly disclosed about the equipment taken by the thieves.

Russian 'doomsday' plane's radio equipment stolen by thieves
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 9:40:10 AM EDT
[#46]
Here's the Reuters article on the May Day Parade hack.

LONDON, May 9 (Reuters) - Russian satellite television menus were altered on Monday to show viewers in Moscow messages about the war in Ukraine: "You have blood on your hands", according to screenshots obtained by Reuters.

The photographs showed Moscow satellite television menus on Victory Day, when Russia celebrated the 77th anniversary of Soviet Union's victory over Nazi Germany, with every channel showing anti-war slogans.

"You have the blood of thousands of Ukrainians and hundreds of dead children on your hands," said one slogan.

"The TV and the authorities are lying. No to war."

The slogans appeared just before the Victory Day parade on Red Square at which President Vladimir Putin compared the war in Ukraine to the Soviet battle to defeat Adolf Hitler in World War Two.

It was not immediately clear how the slogans appeared. Interfax news agency said the slogans appeared on cable television too after they were hacked.

A Russian news website also showed anti-war material that was deeply critical of Putin. It was not immediately clear how the negative articles appeared.

They swiftly disappeared.

Russia's Feb. 24 invasion of Ukraine has killed thousands of people, displaced millions more and raised fears of the most serious confrontation between Russia and the United States since the 1962 Cuban Missile Crisis.

Putin says the "special military operation" in Ukraine is necessary because the United States was using Ukraine to threaten Russia and Moscow had to defend against the persecution of Russian-speaking people.

He casts the conflict as an inevitable confrontation with the United States, which he accuses of threatening Russia by meddling in its backyard and enlarging the NATO military alliance.

NATO and Ukraine deny they were a threat to Russia. Ukraine says it is fighting an imperial-style land grab and that Putin's claims of genocide are nonsense.
View Quote

Russian satellite TV shows a Ukraine message: 'blood on your hands'
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 9:43:47 AM EDT
[#47]
Putin was extra careful during his speech.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 9:46:15 AM EDT
[#48]
"Russian troops for the first time launched a missile strike on Ukraine with Soviet X-22 (AS-4 "Kitchen" anti-ship missile) missiles, according to Defense Express

The mass of the warhead of the missile can reach one ton. Their use may indicate that the reserves of "Caliber" and "Iskander" are really depleted."

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 9:47:01 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 9:49:42 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By M-1975:
The guy that got painted today:

View Quote

Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1903 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top