Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1904 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 5/9/2022 9:50:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Jozsi:

The Italian communist party officially believed for 30 years that fake ass fucken shit from the commie Russkieland scums that 1956 Hungary was a fascist counter revolt.

Nothing else...
View Quote

It's always the same shit from those commie assholes..."fascists, counter-revolutionaries...". I guess since education standards have gone down in the West, they just use nazi now, so the special ed kids can cheer also.

Growing up, Red Dawn was one of my favorite movies. I especially liked the conversations between the Russian and Nicaraguan Officers about always being the revolutionaries and insurgents but now feeling awkward facing "partisans".  I always thought the movie was a little over the top and real Russian commies dont talk like that. NOW...I feel Red Dawn was unrealistic because they portrayed the Russian/Nicaraguans as too polite, civilized and professional.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 9:51:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By realwar:

I would be a little uneasy too if Russia named me as a war enemy.
View Quote

Russia has named YOU as a war enemy! (and me)
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 9:53:33 AM EDT
[#3]
They should anchor Putin's yacht in Snake Island's harbor with a big ass target painted on the hull.    Regardless of who occupies the island itself, great theater and a huge FU to Vlad.  

Link Posted: 5/9/2022 9:53:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 9:54:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By sq40:

Singling him out is ominous.  The Russians are notorious for their poisonings of enemies. I hope he has good security and situational awareness.
View Quote

Elon should call Soros for security advice. How that asshole is still alive is a miracle.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 9:54:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Dracster:
"Russian troops for the first time launched a missile strike on Ukraine with Soviet X-22 (AS-4 "Kitchen" anti-ship missile) missiles, according to Defense Express

The mass of the warhead of the missile can reach one ton. Their use may indicate that the reserves of "Caliber" and "Iskander" are really depleted."

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-05-09_07-21-13_jpg-2377483.JPG
View Quote

Those are ancient but their warheads are huge.

I have read estimates that Russia has approximately 1/3 of their stock of Iskanders and Kalibrs left. Another month of stalemate and we may see Lunas launched at Kharkiv.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 10:00:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By M-1975:
View Quote
But I thought Ukraine was the corrupt one. Weren't the Russian fanatics here telling us how Russia was saving the world from globohomo corruption?
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 10:01:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Translation: The first ones fired the AA of Ukraine with American M777 howitzers at the Russian troops at the Skhod of Ukraine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QieV3CMi9es
View Quote

They need to break the "load and hide" habit to really put some rounds downrange.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 10:01:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Anti war sentiment being expressed in Russia.

Two Russian journalists working for a popular pro-Kremlin website filled it with anti-war articles on Monday morning in a rare act of dissent as the country celebrated the Soviet Union's victory over Nazi Germany.

The articles on Lenta.ru called President Vladimir Putin a "pitiful paranoid dictator" and accused him of waging "the bloodiest war of the 21st century".

"We had to do it today. We wanted to remind everyone what our grandfathers really fought for on this beautiful Victory Day  for peace," said 30-year-old Egor Polyakov, one of the two journalists.

During his annual speech in front of 11,000 soldiers in the Kremlin on Monday morning, Putin sought to justify his invasion of Ukraine, tying the current fighting to the Soviet victory in the second world war.

"This is not what Victory Day is about," Polyakov told the Guardian in an interview. "Ordinary people are dying, peaceful women and children are dying in Ukraine. Given the rhetoric that we have seen, this isn't going to stop. We couldn't accept this any longer. This was the only right thing we could do."

Polyakov, who works as a business reporter at Lenta, said he and his colleague Alexandra Miroshnikova published more than 40 articles critical of the Kremlin and its actions in Ukraine. The articles have since been taken down, but can be accessed through a web archive tool.

Lenta, one of the largest sites in the country with more than 200 million monthly visitors, has been part of the relentless propaganda machine used to justify Russia's invasion of Ukraine. Lenta is owned by Rambler, a media group that was bought in 2020 by Sberbank, Russia's largest bank, which is state-owned and under US and UK sanctions.

Titles on the articles written and published by Polyakov and Miroshnikova on Monday morning included "Vladimir Putin lied about Russia's plans in Ukraine", "The Russian army turned out to be an army of thieves and looters" and "Russia abandons the dead bodies of its troops in Ukraine."

Polyakov said each article was sourced from "information available online", which he said he was usually not allowed to use given the outlet's "editorial position" and strict censorship rules that in effect criminalise independent reporting.

Polyakov and Miroshkina also published a personal letter on the website, which urged readers: "Don't be afraid! Don't be silent! Fight back! You are not alone, there are many of us! The future is ours!"

It is the first major act of protest seen in Russian state media since Marina Ovsyannikova, an editor at Channel One, broke on to the set of the nightly news in mid-March shouting: "Stop the war. No to war."

Pointing to recent laws introduced by Russia aimed at stifling anti-war dissent, Polyakov said he was now "worried" for his safety. Russia has passed a number of laws making the spread of "fake" information about the Russian army an offence punishable with fines or jail terms of up to 15 years. Russian authorities have already charged 46 people under such laws, with 14 of them now behind bars.

"Of course I am afraid," Polyakov said. "I am not ashamed to admit that. But I knew what I was doing, what the consequences could be."

In a separate development, the Rutube video platform was taken down by pro-Ukrainian hackers on Sunday night, while local television menus were hacked, with programme descriptions on smart TVs replaced by a message reading: "The blood of thousands of Ukrainians and hundreds of murdered children is on your hands. TV and the authorities are lying. No to war."

State outlets have frequently been targeted by pro-Ukrainian hackers since the start of the war.
View Quote

'Paranoid dictator': Russian journalists fill pro-Kremlin site with anti-war articles
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 10:03:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By outofbattery:

I have read estimates that Russia has approximately 1/3 of their stock of Iskanders and Kalibrs left. Another month of stalemate and we may see Lunas launched at Kharkiv.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
"Russian troops for the first time launched a missile strike on Ukraine with Soviet X-22 (AS-4 "Kitchen" anti-ship missile) missiles, according to Defense Express

The mass of the warhead of the missile can reach one ton. Their use may indicate that the reserves of "Caliber" and "Iskander" are really depleted."

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-05-09_07-21-13_jpg-2377483.JPG

Looks expensive, they should waste more of them (on inconsequential targets).

Link Posted: 5/9/2022 10:04:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 10:07:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:

They're really buthurt over that embassy strike, even though it only killed 3 reporters and was an accident:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_bombing_of_the_Chinese_embassy_in_Belgrade
View Quote

Any butthurt is pure propaganda BS. They kill more people per hour in their anti-covid efforts.

It's just like the demo-commies here. 3000 blacks are murdered by other blacks and crickets. But some white cop kills one and OHH LAWD..
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 10:08:58 AM EDT
[#13]

View Quote
The Russians must strongly desire to retain significant reserve stocks for if/when they come directly to blows with NATO.  NATO will find direct intervention in Ukraine much more attractive if the Russians completely run themselves out of cruise and ballistic missiles and no longer have the ability to make conventional strikes on NATO territory from afar.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 10:10:40 AM EDT
[#14]
UAF training with 7.62x54mmR Maxim M1910/30 machine guns  (post-1941 manufactures)

Link Posted: 5/9/2022 10:13:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 10:13:36 AM EDT
[#16]
UAF training with 7.62x54mmR Maxim M1910/30 machine guns  (post-1941 manufactures)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1x8NkXfdag
View Quote
That Maxim might look old but its duty cycle is FAR in excess of anything else on the battle field.  Keep it supplied with water and ammo and you can mow down Russian invaders continuously until the barrel wears out.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 10:15:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Shooting from RPG 7 fragmentation grenade

Стрільба із РПГ 7 осколочною гранатою
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 10:15:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
But I thought Ukraine was the corrupt one. Weren't the Russian fanatics here telling us how Russia was saving the world from globohomo corruption?
View All Quotes

If you’re a christian it’s obvious the Russian Orthodox church is ran by Satan himself,
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 10:17:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By _disconnector_:
That Maxim might look old but its duty cycle is FAR in excess of anything else on the battle field.  Keep it supplied with water and ammo and you can mow down Russian invaders continuously until the barrel wears out.
View Quote

Bullshitting with some friends about how to block a road into one’s house. I suggested a water cooled machinegun, a 4,000 round belt and a zip tie over the trigger.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 10:18:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By kncook:

If you’re a christian it’s obvious the Russian Orthodox church is ran by Satan himself,
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kncook:

Oh come on, the Holy man himself is a billionaire who keeps his mistress in a fine apartment. Clearly a sign of blessings from…God or someone…
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 10:21:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By CharlieR:

You know, maybe it's a Russian training thing.  I think we should be lend leasing more saws, chainsaws, and axes.

I cant help but think two man positions camouflaged with sod and overhead cover would do better then these trenches that have no overhead cover and really stick out.

It takes a lot more effort to dig one of these trenches and it doesn't seem to work as well.
View Quote

Agree. They need overhead cover.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 10:25:03 AM EDT
[#22]
BBC follow up article on Putin's May Day speech.

Ahead of Victory Day, Moscow was full of rumour and speculation.

Was Vladimir Putin preparing a major announcement on Russia's offensive in Ukraine? Would he declare some kind of victory? Or signal an escalation?

In the end, he did neither.

In his Red Square address to Russian troops - and the Russian nation - the Kremlin leader repeated his frequently voiced justification for attacking Ukraine: an argument that appears to blame everyone but Russia for what's happening.

He criticised (as usual) America, Nato and the government in Kyiv, claiming that their actions had put the security of Russia itself in danger. He made references (as usual) to "neo-Nazis" in Ukraine. We hear that a lot from Russian officials, who regularly voice the baseless claim that Ukraine has been overrun by fascists, ultra-nationalists and Nazi sympathisers.

President Putin admitted that Russia had suffered military losses, but he gave no details. The last official figures released by Russia's defence ministry were 1,351 Russian soldiers killed. But that was six weeks ago. There has been no update since.

Curiously, Mr Putin didn't employ his familiar phrase - "Special Military Operation" - to describe Russia's offensive. Neither did he call it a war. But he tried to draw parallels between current hostilities and World War Two. An attempt, perhaps, to mobilise patriotic sentiment over Hitler's defeat to boost support amongst the Russian public for the invasion of Ukraine.

Following the speech, thousands of Russian soldiers marched across Red Square, although there were fewer troops here than in last year's Victory Day parade. Military hardware was put on show, too. But a planned military fly-over was cancelled, officially due to poor weather.

The Kremlin had been expecting a swift victory in Ukraine, possibly within days of sending in its troops. It didn't happen.

Many here believe President Putin's Plan B was to secure a victory by 9 May. That hasn't happened, either.

Where does President Putin go from here? There were few clues in today's speech. But there was no signalling of an end to hostilities. For now, they will continue.
View Quote

Ukraine War: Putin gives few clues in Victory Day speech
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 10:29:42 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Waldo:

Damn, those things are probably older than dirt.
View All Quotes

That's what I thought too.  I recall one of the plot points in Clancy's "Red Storm Rising" (written in 1986) involved the Russians re-using AS-4's as drones to spoof a bomber formation in order to draw out a carrier's CAP away from the real strike.  The novel mentions the AS-4s being utilized for the role because they were old and no longer in front-line use.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 10:34:25 AM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

Probably perfectly adequate for minute of apartment building, or minute of children's playground.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 10:35:27 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 10:36:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

It's always the same shit from those commie assholes..."fascists, counter-revolutionaries...". I guess since education standards have gone down in the West, they just use nazi now, so the special ed kids can cheer also.

Growing up, Red Dawn was one of my favorite movies. I especially liked the conversations between the Russian and Nicaraguan Officers about always being the revolutionaries and insurgents but now feeling awkward facing "partisans".  I always thought the movie was a little over the top and real Russian commies dont talk like that. NOW...I feel Red Dawn was unrealistic because they portrayed the Russian/Nicaraguans as too polite, civilized and professional.
View Quote

Civilized and professional? Unless you don’t count the re education camp at the drive in. And the executions of hostages in reprisals to wolverine attacks. The writer John Milius was and is a genius that got it mostly right. It didn’t sensationalize it but the female wolverines were raped by the invaders off screen. And the paratroopers fired indiscriminately at school children and murdered them.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 10:37:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: weptek911] [#27]

View Quote

They’ve had nuclear weapons aimed at us my whole boomer life. Thus isn’t new. Russians have always been assholes and the enemy.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 10:46:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Shit's on fire Yo!

While the Kremlin makes out the raging fires as a seasonal event, dozens of fires in key facilities have broken out across the country in what cannot be simply brushed off as "seasonal wildfires."

Russian President Vladimir Putin will hold a meeting regarding dozens of destructive fires in a number of regions all across Russia on May 10, the Kremlin press service reported.

A state of emergency was introduced in 77 areas of the Russian Federation throughout the Kurgan region and in one municipality in Khakassia. A special fire emergency was declared in 49 regions of the country, according to the Kremlin press service.

Putin will receive reports from several government sources, including the acting head of the Ministry of Emergency Situations Alexander Chupriyan, the head of the Ministry of Natural Resources Alexander Kozlov and about a dozen governors and heads of regions.

While the Kremlin makes out the raging fires as a seasonal event, dozens of fires in key facilities have broken out across the country since the invasion of Ukraine in what cannot be simply brushed off as "seasonal wildfires."

On May 5, a series of large fires broke out in the city of Kursk, which borders Ukraine. The fire was confirmed by Russia's Ministry of Emergency Situations and has completely burned down a gunpowder plant, killing at least two workers.

On May 4, several fires broke out in the industrial zone of Nizhny Novgorod, a city about 400 kilometers east of Moscow. At the same time, Russian police arrested suspected arsonists who attempted to set on fire a military enlistment office in the city of Nizhnevartovsk using Molotov cocktails, Interfax Russia reported.

On May 3, "Prosveshchenie," a pro-Kremlin publishing house in Moscow that is heavily affiliated with President Vladimir Putin was burned down in a large fire, The cause of the fire wasn't identified by Russian authorities, TASS reported.

On May 1, a fire broke out in the FKP Perm Powder Plant in the city of Perm in the Ural mountains, which produces gunpowder and ammunition. As a result of the fire, blasts tore through the plant, killing two and injuring at least three, according to local authorities. The Russian State Labour Inspectorate claimed that the deadly fire and explosions were caused by "a product catching fire."

On April 30, a massive fire broke out at a power plant in Sakhalin island, the cause of the fire was claimed to be "engineers' attempts to shut down a turbine generator," according to energy supplier Sakhalinenergo.

On April 28, Several explosions caused fires across Kustanayskaya street in Moscow, while Russian authorities haven't provided any explanation for the cause of the fires, nor even acknowledged them, several videos of the incident circulated online.

On April 27, a fire had broken out at an ammunition depot in Belgorod, in the village of Staraya Nelidovka, some 30 kilometers from the Ukrainian border, according to Russian authorities. The source of the fire was not been disclosed.

Since the war with Ukraine began, 5 different enlistment offices were set on fire, even in Moscow itself, with some of the arsonists claiming they were deliberately targeting personal files of future conscripts and reservists in order to prevent mobilization.

The fires are often brushed off as accidents or not acknowledged altogether by Russian authorities, and the real cause of the blazes remains unexplained.

While Ukraine hasn't taken responsibility for the fires and no official reports claim local unrest, one can only speculate on the cause for so many incidents that have raised the concern of Russia's leaders.
View Quote

Putin to hold emergency meeting on suspicious fires across Russia
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 10:46:33 AM EDT
[#29]
"We would not know grief if all our enemies could read"

Link Posted: 5/9/2022 10:47:50 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By OBird:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JqHyVLS1LI

Possible victory day livestream?
View Quote

What time do they launch all the turrets?
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 10:50:31 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:
View Quote

Ironic that it's a British made Bren Weapons Carrier.  Pitiful.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 10:51:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: grambosc] [#32]
Originally Posted By weptek911:

They’ve had nuclear weapons at us my whole boomer life. Thus isn’t new. Russians have always been assholes and the enemy.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By weptek911:

They’ve had nuclear weapons at us my whole boomer life. Thus isn’t new. Russians have always been assholes and the enemy.

Yes.  I'm an early millennial, but I remember Red Dawn and The Day After as a kid.  I cannot relate to and do not understand any American who would think of the Russian government as not being assholes and a continuing enemy at this point.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 10:55:17 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By doc540:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By doc540:
Originally Posted By OBird:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JqHyVLS1LI

Possible victory day livestream?

Someone needs to code a mobile game where after you match all the randomly changing colored blocks of Kontakt armor on a cartoon T-72, the turret pops off to let you know you won the level.

Link Posted: 5/9/2022 10:55:19 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By GTLandser:
"We would not know grief if all our enemies could read"

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/savage_JPG-180.jpg
View Quote

Damn.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 10:56:21 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 10:58:15 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 10:59:42 AM EDT
[#37]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJl2PV28s2Y
View Quote

Ehhh...I get it, make a cool video and maybe re-assure some new conscripts, but that's why they invented the pivot turn.

Time would probably be better spent discussing how to construct trenches and how to emplace obstacles or mines.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 11:01:46 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 11:04:05 AM EDT
[#39]

They are such a pathetic people.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 11:06:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: doc540] [#41]
So, how much C4 could be hidden in one of these whips?

You could build the detonator transmitter into the bill of a cap, raise your chin, snap a clean salute, and save the world.  

Link Posted: 5/9/2022 11:10:07 AM EDT
[#42]
Fire ship to Sevastopol
View All Quotes

With all these yacht seizures they are going to have to figure out something quick as these things take millions in upkeep every year just to keep them sitting in storage.
Fire ship to Sevastopol

Based on Russian naval prowess so far, that has a decent chance to work.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 11:10:15 AM EDT
[#43]

Elon should call Soros for security advice. How that asshole is still alive is a miracle.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sq40:

Singling him out is ominous.  The Russians are notorious for their poisonings of enemies. I hope he has good security and situational awareness.

To whom is Soros worth more alive than dead?

Follow the money and you'll have your answer.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 11:11:38 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 11:14:10 AM EDT
[#45]
We've seen cope cages, I now give you the Kremlin Security BlanketTM.

Vladimir Putin has been seen using a heavy-looking blanket to keep warm during Victory Day parades in Moscow.

The Russian president has been dogged by rumours of failing health in recent months and the sighting does nothing to dispel claims the leader, who turns 70 in October, is unwell.
View Quote

Putin uses 'wool blanket' to keep warm during Victory Day show amid health fears
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 11:15:47 AM EDT
[#46]

keeping a firm grip on his Hitler hand
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 11:17:25 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By PurpleOtter:

Yes it was! Russian methbillies were able to get on board and rob it blind for scrap.

Russian 'doomsday' plane's radio equipment stolen by thieves
View Quote

Holy hell!

Link Posted: 5/9/2022 11:21:08 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Birddog15:

Holy hell!

View Quote
Could you imagine the unholy shit-storm if some Appalachia hill folk managed to by pass all of Andrews AFB security, board Airforce 1, and start stripping it of crypto equipment?
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 11:22:46 AM EDT
[#49]

Holy hell!

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PurpleOtter:

Yes it was! Russian methbillies were able to get on board and rob it blind for scrap.

Russian 'doomsday' plane's radio equipment stolen by thieves

Holy hell!

Thieves.

Not the methbilly kind, but the "we'll give you and your families permanent asylum if you do this thing for us" kind. On that I'd wager a tidy sum.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 11:26:43 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

Weather was too bad.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:
Originally Posted By Dagger41:
No flyover ???

LOL

Weather was too bad.

I've seen USAF aircraft perform air show demos in worse weather than that.
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1904 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top