Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1905 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 5/9/2022 11:29:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By burnka871:

Damn.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By burnka871:
Originally Posted By GTLandser:
"We would not know grief if all our enemies could read"

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/savage_JPG-180.jpg

Damn.
He is honestly the most inspiring politician since Reagan.  He's the kind of person that a democracy should elect to the highest office - instead we've had decades of mediocrity.  We should be ashamed as a nation that Ukraine has figured this out and the most powerful and longest lived democracy in the world has not.

Link Posted: 5/9/2022 11:30:56 AM EDT
[#2]

Just...... Wow....
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 11:31:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Blasphemy!
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 11:38:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#4]

Link Posted: 5/9/2022 11:44:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By AnalogKid:

Thieves.

Not the methbilly kind, but the "we'll give you and your families permanent asylum if you do this thing for us" kind. On that I'd wager a tidy sum.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AnalogKid:
Originally Posted By Birddog15:
Originally Posted By PurpleOtter:

Yes it was! Russian methbillies were able to get on board and rob it blind for scrap.

Russian 'doomsday' plane's radio equipment stolen by thieves

Holy hell!

Thieves.

Not the methbilly kind, but the "we'll give you and your families permanent asylum if you do this thing for us" kind. On that I'd wager a tidy sum.

WT actual F. That is simply amazing. I bet NSA has examined every register in those things and fully reverse engineered them by now. Or at least I would hope so.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 11:45:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: doc540] [#6]
A good friend married to a Ukrainian girl explained Putin to me.  (Many of her family are still trying to get out of Ukraine, and some have made it to Poland)

"Putin isn't political and doesn't subscribe to any ideology or worldview.  He's an amoral, master criminal.  All the billionaire oligarchs are beholden to him, and Putin requires up to 50% tribute if they want to operate from Russian and remain in business.  Putin has a small cartel of 100 to 150 other criminals enforcing his will and his system on Russia as a country and everyone who does business within it.  He's become the most powerful and richest criminal in the world."
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 11:45:42 AM EDT
[#7]

Hey, the Democrats use pictures of their ships (one of which is now sunk ) to honor our military so why not?
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 11:56:33 AM EDT
[#8]

It's really worth a watch. Imagine the boiled potato giving such a speech.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 11:57:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 12:02:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 12:06:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
Ukrainian homeade drone bombs causing more casualties.  Dated May 9th.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/ulqrvv/ru_positions_bombed_by_home_made_drone_dated_9th/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=mweb
View Quote

I could watch those all day.  Thanks for posting.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 12:12:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 12:12:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By doc540:
A good friend married to a Ukrainian girl explained Putin to me.  (Many of her family are still trying to get out of Ukraine, and some have made it to Poland)

"Putin isn't political and doesn't subscribe to any ideology or worldview.  He's an amoral, master criminal.  All the billionaire oligarchs are beholden to him, and Putin requires up to 50% tribute if they want to operate from Russian and remain in business.  Putin has a small cartel of 100 to 150 other criminals enforcing his will and his system on Russia as a country and everyone who does business within it.  He's become the most powerful and richest criminal in the world."
View Quote

50%?

When you calculate how much the average American pays in TAXES on earned income, plus additional taxes when they spend the remaining income, plus personal property taxes, plus real estate taxes, that percentage-number doesn't sound too far off. Use your imagination to figure out who the "enforcers" are.

But I'm always game for chatting-up Ukranian girls.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 12:16:04 PM EDT
[#14]

I wonder if the missing electronics from the doomsday plane have anything to do with us listening in so effectively on their battlefield communications.

Link Posted: 5/9/2022 12:16:46 PM EDT
[#15]

Mariupol City Council Deputy Lashin
The occupiers plan to use chemical weapons in Mariupol According to the deputy Alexander Lashin, in this way the Russian military want to destroy the defenders of the city, who are in "Azovstal". Local residents are being told not to go outside from tomorrow, and the chemical attack itself could take place on May 11.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 12:17:35 PM EDT
[#16]
‘Z’ Formation Aerial Display At Victory Day Called Off l Why ‘Z’ Mark Is Called Putin’s ‘Swastika’
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 12:17:36 PM EDT
[#17]
"The Pentagon will hand over high-precision laser-guided missiles to Ukraine - the Washington Post

According to journalists, the United States plans to purchase $ 22.6 million worth of 70-mm APKWS missiles for the Armed Forces, as well as Switchblade and Puma drones."

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 12:18:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Dracster:
"Russian troops for the first time launched a missile strike on Ukraine with Soviet X-22 (AS-4 "Kitchen" anti-ship missile) missiles, according to Defense Express

The mass of the warhead of the missile can reach one ton. Their use may indicate that the reserves of "Caliber" and "Iskander" are really depleted."

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-05-09_07-21-13_jpg-2377483.JPG
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/9/2022 12:20:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 12:22:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Brief look at the Mariupol parade.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 12:23:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By BUCC_Guy:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BUCC_Guy:
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
Ukrainian homeade drone bombs causing more casualties.  Dated May 9th.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/ulqrvv/ru_positions_bombed_by_home_made_drone_dated_9th/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=mweb

Every Russian position I've seen recently is dug in or in a house. When they come out of their holes, they hide under trees...  Those pissy little grenade drones live in those guys heads 24 hours a day.

Link Posted: 5/9/2022 12:25:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#22]

The head of the DPR said that "Russia is in Mariupol forever"

MARIUPOL, May 9. /TASS/. The head of the Donetsk People's Republic, Denis Pushilin, said that Mariupol has forever returned to the DPR, and "Russia is here forever."

"Russia is here forever, and you are at home, finally. Now it is the territory of the Donetsk People's Republic forever. No one will take that right away from us. We have the strength, we have the capabilities, we have the support of the biggest beautiful country - Russia," he said, speaking with the residents of Mariupol.

According to Pushilin, now the DPR is faced with the task of regaining control over its territories, and then the republic will decide on its future. "As soon as we reach the borders of the constitutional Donetsk People's Republic, these are the borders of the former Donetsk region, we will make the next decision. But there has to be people's opinions here. We're going to get there. Just let's not get ahead of ourselves. Now the main task is to liberate all our lands, to begin to restore cities. And where we are looking, we all understand perfectly well since 2014," he stressed.

Resort city
Mariupol should be made a resort city, Pushilin said.  "The task is for Mariupol to become a resort city, which could not be done before," he said.

Pushilin noted that the ecology of the city itself and coastal waters was negatively affected by the work of the Azovstal plant. "We will listen to the residents and do something different here. This will allow, if Azovstal is not restored, then to make a resort city," Pushilin explained. He added that resort activities will create additional jobs and bring income to the city.

The situation on the contact line in Donbass escalated on February 17. The Donetsk and Lugansk People's Republics reported the most intense shelling by Ukraine in recent months. Russian President Vladimir Putin on February 21 announced the recognition of the sovereignty of the DPR and LPR. Russia recognized the republics in accordance with their constitutions within the borders of the Donetsk and Luhansk regions at the beginning of 2014. On February 24, Putin, in response to the request of the leaders of the Donbass republics for help, announced a special military operation. The DPR and LPR launched an operation to liberate their territories under the control of Kiev.

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/9/2022 12:26:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By doc540:

keeping a firm grip on his Hitler hand
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/9/2022 12:27:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By weptek911:

Civilized and professional? Unless you don’t count the re education camp at the drive in. And the executions of hostages in reprisals to wolverine attacks. The writer John Milius was and is a genius that got it mostly right. It didn’t sensationalize it but the female wolverines were raped by the invaders off screen. And the paratroopers fired indiscriminately at school children and murdered them.
View Quote

True. Watching the movie I was like "no way...why would they shoot those stupid kids in school and round up average people". All my stupid naiveté went out the window after Feb 24! Milius was 100% right and should have been more graphic.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 12:27:26 PM EDT
[#25]
"The Pentagon will hand over high-precision laser-guided missiles to Ukraine - the Washington Post

According to journalists, the United States plans to purchase $ 22.6 million worth of 70-mm APKWS missiles for the Armed Forces, as well as Switchblade and Puma drones."

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-05-09_09-13-04_jpg-2377611.JPG
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/9/2022 12:28:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 12:31:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 12:32:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Prime:
View Quote
This is Mariupol today.  Where was this video recorded?

Link Posted: 5/9/2022 12:32:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By M-1975:
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/9/2022 12:34:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#30]
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 12:35:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By walkinginadangerzone:

I haven't been seeing any cope cages on tanks lately, I wonder if they finally just got rid of them.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By walkinginadangerzone:
Originally Posted By ludder093:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z5UAkxVTRM

I haven't been seeing any cope cages on tanks lately, I wonder if they finally just got rid of them.

Those were really racks to hold looted washers and mini splits
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 12:37:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By W_E_G:

50%?

When you calculate how much the average American pays in TAXES on earned income, plus additional taxes when they spend the remaining income, plus personal property taxes, plus real estate taxes, that percentage-number doesn't sound too far off. Use your imagination to figure out who the "enforcers" are.

View Quote

US average is 34%.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 12:37:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By swede1986:
"Russian troops for the first time launched a missile strike on Ukraine with Soviet X-22 (AS-4 "Kitchen" anti-ship missile) missiles, according to Defense Express

The mass of the warhead of the missile can reach one ton. Their use may indicate that the reserves of "Caliber" and "Iskander" are really depleted."

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-05-09_07-21-13_jpg-2377483.JPG

https://media1.giphy.com/media/uj8SbnHpCfxlm3jfJA/giphy.gif?cid=790b7611f262ff8163eb3e55dcc88a4ee2b075b30f86b72a&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

Sounds like the Russians done blown their load too soon.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 12:37:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 12:39:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By 4thUSMC:

Ironic that it's a British made Bren Weapons Carrier.  Pitiful.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By lorazepam:

Nope, it isn't a Bren, it's a T-27 Tankette.

Link Posted: 5/9/2022 12:40:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:

I think Unmanned Ground Vehicles with 70mm Laser Guided Rockets (APKWS) is a viable tank replacement. Going to rockets removes the need for a Big Gun and its associated weight, and APKWS gives a 13lb Warhead with 5km+ range.
70mm rockets mean small Jeep sized robot vehicles can pack 14-25 shots, allowing for a very potent fire support / anti structure vehicle in a small, cheap, easily transportable package:
https://fz.be/images/texts/114_Rheinmetall%20Mission%20Master%20equipped%20with%20rocket%20launcher%2070mm%20(7-tube)_sr.jpg

Small drones with thermals and laser designators can fly forward of the vehicle, ID threats, and then laze them for APKWS.

If it gets destroyed, its a cheap, unmanned robot golf cart, so who gives a shit. The result is armor needs are minimal - just protection from small arms.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:
Originally Posted By Capta:
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:
Originally Posted By Capta:

The different is that a carrier group can project power for hundreds of miles.
Armor does not outrange ATGM infantry and with its increasing vulnerability I think it’s a fair question to ask whether it is a good use of resources.

Breaking through enemy lines is expensive. You’re not going to do it nearly as well with other weapons.

The problem is that any armor that isn’t top-of-the-line is just meat-on-the-table.  And even the latest M1 is vulnerable to any infantryman within 5KM.  Or to an artillery piece 30KM away.  So to protect that armor you need a big and well-equipped infantry screen, air dominance now to include small drones/anti-drones, EW dominance, and so on.  And who screens the infantry screen IFVs from enemy ATGMs?  Drones?  I’m not saying that it’s impossible, however the cost and complexity to make classic tanks work going forward may be prohibitive for anyone who is not the US.  I think the future “armored” vehicle looks like a cross between an IFV and and a SPAAG.
Right now, I think you can make a good case for infiltration tactics and defense in depth using only mobile infantry plus air defense/anti-drone assets.

I think Unmanned Ground Vehicles with 70mm Laser Guided Rockets (APKWS) is a viable tank replacement. Going to rockets removes the need for a Big Gun and its associated weight, and APKWS gives a 13lb Warhead with 5km+ range.
70mm rockets mean small Jeep sized robot vehicles can pack 14-25 shots, allowing for a very potent fire support / anti structure vehicle in a small, cheap, easily transportable package:
https://fz.be/images/texts/114_Rheinmetall%20Mission%20Master%20equipped%20with%20rocket%20launcher%2070mm%20(7-tube)_sr.jpg

Small drones with thermals and laser designators can fly forward of the vehicle, ID threats, and then laze them for APKWS.

If it gets destroyed, its a cheap, unmanned robot golf cart, so who gives a shit. The result is armor needs are minimal - just protection from small arms.

Yo Joe

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/9/2022 12:41:04 PM EDT
[#37]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By lorazepam:

That is not a bren carrier.  It is a Soviet T-27 tankette based off a loyd tankette.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 12:42:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Chaingun:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FSAnTsUXIAANX2g?format=jpg&name=small
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Chaingun:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FSAnTsUXIAANX2g?format=jpg&name=small

Probably in Rostov.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 12:43:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By elcope:
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/9/2022 12:45:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By outofbattery:

Eh,if “callouts” were allowed it would be possible to list a dozen accounts that do nothing but regurgitate Russian propaganda 🤷🏼‍♂️

Had Trump won the election Moscow would have had a guy who has said that Ukrainians and Russians are indistinguishable as a people,Zelensky  is a globalist puppet,the massacres in Ukraine shouldn’t be taken as legitimate…in the White House advising national security. They are very  good at manipulating the dumb and distraught,I will give credit where credit is due.

They were so successful with the left that they turned to the right and GD is proof that it works.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By outofbattery:
Originally Posted By dillydilly:
Russian YouTuber NFKRZ explaining the effectiveness of Russian propaganda.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cY5Qd7rTC8M

Eh,if “callouts” were allowed it would be possible to list a dozen accounts that do nothing but regurgitate Russian propaganda 🤷🏼‍♂️

Had Trump won the election Moscow would have had a guy who has said that Ukrainians and Russians are indistinguishable as a people,Zelensky  is a globalist puppet,the massacres in Ukraine shouldn’t be taken as legitimate…in the White House advising national security. They are very  good at manipulating the dumb and distraught,I will give credit where credit is due.

They were so successful with the left that they turned to the right and GD is proof that it works.

We have been given the go ahead to report accounts like that by mods.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 12:45:35 PM EDT
[#41]
"About 32,000 Russians have sent inquiries to find their soldiers.

The wives and mothers of Russian soldiers are actively contacting the Ministry of Internal Affairs to find out where their husbands and sons are. The adviser to the head of the Ministry of Internal Affairs Victor Andrusiv told about it:
"Around 12,000 appeals, maybe even more, we received on our hotline, which was created just for Russian citizens. And we received about 20,000 appeals in a special bot of the Telegram channel "Look for your beloved ones"."
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 12:46:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#42]
Ukrainian drone watching Russian stuff explode.  Ukrainian 81st air mobile brigade artillery strike.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/ulv01k/drone_footage_reportedly_of_the_ukrainian_81st/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=mweb
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 12:48:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By elcope:
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/9/2022 12:51:09 PM EDT
[#44]

I remember the “Salute to the Troops” segment of the Democrat National Convention in (IIRC) 2008 where they showed pictures of the Russian Navy on maneuvers.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 12:53:15 PM EDT
[#45]

50%?

View Quote

What an idiotic comparison.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 12:53:32 PM EDT
[#46]
"About 32,000 Russians have sent inquiries to find their soldiers.

The wives and mothers of Russian soldiers are actively contacting the Ministry of Internal Affairs to find out where their husbands and sons are. The adviser to the head of the Ministry of Internal Affairs Victor Andrusiv told about it:
"Around 12,000 appeals, maybe even more, we received on our hotline, which was created just for Russian citizens. And we received about 20,000 appeals in a special bot of the Telegram channel "Look for your beloved ones"."
View Quote

Interesting implications concerning Ukraine's claimed numbers of Russian KIAs.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 12:55:52 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Glock63:

View All Quotes

50%?

Consider the source.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 12:57:32 PM EDT
[#48]
View Quote
I'm surprised they found an area where building are still standing
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 12:57:35 PM EDT
[#49]

How Russia operates, from the ground up

The invaders of the Russian Federation put Yevgeny Balitsky on the post of governor of the Zaporozhye region (photo)

The long-standing dream of the Melitopol separatist, deputy of the Zaporizhzhya Regional Council from the Oppobloc Yevhen Balitsky came true. The occupation authorities of the Russian Federation awarded him a high position for his faithful service.

Today, this deputy calls himself the head of the military-civil administration of the Zaporozhye region. In peacetime, consider the chairman of the ZOGA. The okkurnats failed to capture the entire region and, we are sure, will not be able to. But, as they say in the people, "duren dumkoyu bagatiye" - E. Balitsky hopes for broad powers.

And, if before, nowhere did Balitsky publicly shine, exposing Galina Danilchenko as a "torpedo" in front of him, then yesterday he already gave a press conference. In the Shevchenko Palace of Culture in the hall where newlyweds were painted in peacetime in Ukraine, Yevgeny Balitsky answered questions from journalists from the Russian Federation, India, Brazil, etc.

Aged, unshaven and sunken, but with a St. George ribbon on the lapel of his jacket, Yevgeny Balitsky, like 20 years ago, standing in front of the Melitopol electorate, broadcast how "grandfathers fought", how he restored industry in the city.

The industry should be mentioned separately. Only journalists from India can believe in these fairy tales. Residents of Melitopol know perfectly well how the privatization of the Balitsky factory family ended in their hometown and in other cities of Ukraine.

The brewery in Mariupol is resold and cut into metal. The brewery in Melitopol is oversold. The plant "Start" ("Bytmash") for the production of washing machines, bought fraudulently by buying shares from factory workers for pennies, was resold and today is being destroyed in front of the eyes of Melitopol residents.

The Refma plant, bought out in the same way - buying shares for pennies, is resold, closed and destroyed.

The AGAT plant, also bought out by buying shares, is closed. Some of the premises were leased to other local industrialists.

And most cynically, with the arrival of the Russian occupiers, Yevgeny Balitsky personally led a special operation to take away the property of a number of operating factories in the territory of Melitopol and export property to the Crimea.

According to those whose factories were looted by Yevgeny Balitsky, personally Balitsky and Vitaly Yarchuk, every week they export to Simferopol at least 10 trucks of agricultural spare parts of Melitopol producers. Moreover, they organized the transshipment of products at the Simferopolselmash enterprise, colluding with the general director of this enterprise, Boris Belokopytov. With each machine, collaborators have a minimum of $ 50,000. During the period of occupation, Yevgeny Balitsky had a hand in the export of products from the plants "Agroman", "Ruslan-komplekt", the Melitopol Agro-Industrial Company, and smaller enterprises.

A decent job to get the post of governor of the Zaporozhye region by the standards of the Russian occupiers. However, the occupiers themselves, who represent, as they say, a superpower, are doing the same, exporting grain, equipment, metal, machine tools, furniture, personal belongings of Ukrainians up to toilets and underwear from Ukraine.

View Quote
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 12:59:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By CenterMass762:

Consider the source.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CenterMass762:

50%?

Consider the source.

I'm not used to having people on ignore, and that quote tree confused me for a minute until I remembered.

He just proved I made the right move lol.
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1905 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top