Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2243 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 7/31/2022 6:29:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By stone-age:

Those news outlets and social media are selling a produce their customers already want to buy. If they say or show something their customers don't like, those customers will leave and the company will go broke. You/we need to be looking at the Americans who already want to buy that product. That in addition to the fact that corporations have figured out what will cause the customers to continue to pay the most attention, it's usually "outrage" if I'm not mistaken. And for the people on the right it's "fear of loss" if I recall correctly. Companies continually find ways to press those emotional buttons to keep their customers attention. We are being manipulated. The manipulation is useful to powerful people.
View Quote

Yeah, but what if the customer is the FSB? Think about it.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 6:31:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 6:33:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Video of the ferry being used at Khearson.

Link Posted: 7/31/2022 6:37:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By elcope:
LOL

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/31/2022 6:37:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Charging_Handle:
Tucker Carlson is dead to me. Him carrying water for the Russians is unforgivable. It is a shame he chose to take this path, as he otherwise usually displayed solid thinking. But this pro-Russia shit is just too much. He can fuck off and die for all I care.
View Quote

+1

He really, really jumped the shark.

Funny enough on the other side of the spectrum Jimmy Dore ALSO became an assclown carrying water for the ruSSian scum.

I wish both of them monkeybuttseckspox.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 6:47:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Jack67:

I agree, I don’t think it’s the referendum driving anything. They’ve kidnapped citizens forcibly to Russia and rigged the vote; no one cares.

Hitting them where weakest at the end of untenable supply lines, with terrain features helpful for an encirclement, that’s the driver of this.
View Quote

I agree. But what if the weak knees in DC buckle and they tell Xiden to stop further permission to use HIMARS etc. in the "new parts of Russia"?
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 6:51:35 PM EDT
[#7]
LOL

View Quote

Oh my gosh that was hilarious.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 6:52:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GTLandser] [#8]
Really good thread on the sorry state of Russian morale. This was from fighting back in April, so the situation has only gotten worse since then!

Full unroll HERE
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 6:58:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

I agree. But what if the weak knees in DC buckle and they tell Xiden to stop further permission to use HIMARS etc. in the "new parts of Russia"?
View Quote

The US has already issued a policy statement that they will never recognize any part of Ukraine annexed by Russia.  That includes Crimea, which has already been annexed by Russia.  Other western powers have made the same statements.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 7:01:23 PM EDT
[#10]
LOL

View Quote

Yeah, I think that tank still holds the world record.

Russian tank explodes hurling turret 250ft into the air after Ukrainian missile strike
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 7:01:49 PM EDT
[#11]

There it is.
Donated.
View Quote

Thank you, money will go towards PTTs
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 7:02:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bluegrasshopper] [#12]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FY_GsnhWIAEEwSW?format=jpg&name=900x900
View Quote

Interesting how civilians lined up to drive toward the front line.

oops, Nevermind.  wrong direction
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 7:03:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By stgdz:

The frozen dnieper may help for tank crossings.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stgdz:
Originally Posted By DonKey153:

I think cold temps will benefit the defenders. Russia hasn't shown themselves able to equip their forces with what they need to survive.

The frozen dnieper may help for tank crossings.

I don’t think the dnieper could ever support a 50 ton tank. Smaller tribe and lakes yes but not the dnieper.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 7:04:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By 2tired2run:

I'll add to that people are fed up with the US being the world's police force and hated for it.  Quagmire conflicts for decades that prove to be a complete waste.  I think at the heart of some of this opposition is just plane old isolationism at play.  Unfortunately our political leadership has squandered American good will thinking it was infinite its not......and america will pay rhe price not the leadership but the average joe.  This is not WWII  do you really think we'll  see a bush or Clinton or Obama or Romney etc. child in the armed forces fighting?

View Quote

I'm sure thats true. And I understand that jaded people will just say "keep US out of it".  

But that is VERY different from the numerous anti Ukraine stuff posted. Some people hate Ukraine and they are either very evil sociopaths or completely sucked in by Russian propaganda. i.e. Tucker Carlson. I'm a huge fan and I watch him almost every night. I think he is the smartest news guy on TV. But he is totally backwards on the conflict. It's frustrating and inexplicable.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 7:07:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Freiheit8472:

Where do we send the JPAS!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Freiheit8472:
Originally Posted By gentlemanfarmer:
Also we will be hosting a two gun match in NC/VA this dec/Jan with actual stages designed by veterans of each contact. We even have pkm and other stuff. Water course with dingy (retreat at sevrodonetsk), Bucha, school 214.

A few real UA pipe hitters who speak English will be present. Even a former frogman turned Russian nightmare. It’s not going to be cheap, like 200+ Entry but the prizes will be huge. Guns, knives, Russian trophies etc. also dinner with QA but through a more formal setting. At least 1 of these seminars will require some clearance level.

Anyway I’m trying.

Donate

Where do we send the JPAS!

I’ll post more once their visas get issued. Some have them already but waiting on one before we go public. This will be great intel for people who care. Their will also be less techno specific talks. We’re hoping to do three. One at place after match, that will be more informal.

One in Nova and one in Tidewater area, possibly 1 at VMI or Naval Academy
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 7:11:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#16]
Originally Posted By GTLandser:
Really good thread on the sorry state of Russian morale. This was from fighting back in April, so the situation has only gotten worse since then!

Full unroll HERE
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GTLandser:

Full unroll HERE

"They fled because they were immediately thrown into battle and they didn’t even know each other all that well. I’ve heard they now wander in the forests in small groups, not letting anyone approach them. If someone yells at them – ‘We’re yours!’, they start shooting anyway."

Well, that's a new one, feral Russians.

This was a great read, thanks!
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 7:12:59 PM EDT
[#17]

I think it can be argued that we are responding. I'm not convinced that boiling the russians slow was an actual plan but it seems to be the result.(As Ukranians pay the price for it.) But I am actually worried the russians will bring out chemical weapons if they get pushed too hard and too fast. Grinding them down until they can't continue and just decide to declare victory and go home might be a good plan. With a hundred thousand broken, demoralized, and pissed off soldiers walking home. It's not like they have an economy left to build more weapons, that's because of our economic response to russia.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jungatheart:

I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees.
There is only one way to deal with bullies.  You'd
think people would have learned this.

I think it can be argued that we are responding. I'm not convinced that boiling the russians slow was an actual plan but it seems to be the result.(As Ukranians pay the price for it.) But I am actually worried the russians will bring out chemical weapons if they get pushed too hard and too fast. Grinding them down until they can't continue and just decide to declare victory and go home might be a good plan. With a hundred thousand broken, demoralized, and pissed off soldiers walking home. It's not like they have an economy left to build more weapons, that's because of our economic response to russia.

I’m more concerned about a Chinese intervention in Asia.
If China and Russia are really teaming up, it looks that way to me, then the next move would be to press on Vietnam or Taiwan. I think they arnt quite ready for that yet and we’re hoping for a better outcome with the Russian push. They probably hoped Russian tanks would be in Moldova orEstonia. That’s not happening now. China could still mess us up though by hitting in the pacific.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 7:14:07 PM EDT
[#18]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jungatheart:

I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees.
There is only one way to deal with bullies.  You'd
think people would have learned this.

I’m more concerned about a Chinese intervention in Asia.
If China and Russia are really teaming up, it looks that way to me, then the next move would be to press on Vietnam or Taiwan. I think they arnt quite ready for that yet and we’re hoping for a better outcome with the Russian push. They probably hoped Russian tanks would be in Moldova orEstonia. That’s not happening now. China could still mess us up though by hitting in the pacific.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 7:14:27 PM EDT
[#19]
I still think Ukraine wont attack Kherson directly.  They have better intel than we do so I think they are luring Russian troops in to fix them in position then a big push from farther east.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 7:42:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Cypher15:
I still think Ukraine wont attack Kherson directly.  They have better intel than we do so I think they are luring Russian troops in to fix them in position then a big push from farther east.
View Quote
I would agree. There has been a lot of strikes in Zaporizhzhia based on NASA FIRMS. And there's really no good reason to try and take Kherson directly. All they have to do is keep knocking out the bridges and Russia will run out of supplies eventually and either force them to withdrawal or surrender or be destroyed. Just keep probing attacks across the entire southern front to keep the pressure up.
I really like a southern push from Zap. Time it with ATACMS on the Kerch railway bridge and they could cut off supplies to Crimea/Kherson/Zaporizhzhia

Link Posted: 7/31/2022 7:55:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By YaNi05:
I would agree. There has been a lot of strikes in Zaporizhzhia based on NASA FIRMS. And there's really no good reason to try and take Kherson directly. All they have to do is keep knocking out the bridges and Russia will run out of supplies eventually and either force them to withdrawal or surrender or be destroyed. Just keep probing attacks across the entire southern front to keep the pressure up.
I really like a southern push from Zap. Time it with ATACMS on the Kerch railway bridge and they could cut off supplies to Crimea/Kherson/Zaporizhzhia

View Quote

Plus it just seems to absolutely fit with Russian 'tactics' and 'strategy' to keep packing new units into a pocket that is almost impossible to keep supplied. I wonder if this is why Ukraine hasn't blasted the pontoon bridges and ferrys yet, as long as Russia is using it to pack more men and combat vehicles across the river, Ukraine is willing to let them do it. Just means a greater eventual loss when Ukraine cuts the thread and lets the wither.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 7:59:29 PM EDT
[#22]
I think western powers understand this, now. Russia was warmly invited to be part of the world that doesn't rape and murder it's neighbors. Everybody gets it now, I think. Slam the iron curtain shut on them and weld it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:
No, I think the best outcome involves the maximum destruction of military-age Russians. No matter how this war ends, Moscow will be back at its shenanigans in a few years.
I think western powers understand this, now. Russia was warmly invited to be part of the world that doesn't rape and murder it's neighbors. Everybody gets it now, I think. Slam the iron curtain shut on them and weld it.
I believe as long as Russians have gas to sell to Germany, this point will fall on deaf German ears.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 8:01:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By governmentman:

Plus it just seems to absolutely fit with Russian 'tactics' and 'strategy' to keep packing new units into a pocket that is almost impossible to keep supplied. I wonder if this is why Ukraine hasn't blasted the pontoon bridges and ferrys yet, as long as Russia is using it to pack more men and combat vehicles across the river, Ukraine is willing to let them do it. Just means a greater eventual loss when Ukraine cuts the thread and lets the wither.
View Quote

Didnt the Germans destroy an entire Russian Army in a pocket this way in Ukraine?
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 8:18:49 PM EDT
[#24]

Didnt the Germans destroy an entire Russian Army in a pocket this way in Ukraine?
View Quote
Army Group South managed to annihilate in detail the Russian Southwestern Front at Kiev and took out 700,000 Soviets in a month. 100k dead, 600k captured.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 8:21:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 8:35:35 PM EDT
[#26]
It is being reported this piece of shit is dead.

https://www.reddit.com/r/UkraineWarVideoReport/comments/wcwjpb/it_is_reported_by_several_sources_that_the/

Link Posted: 7/31/2022 8:38:46 PM EDT
[#27]

Thank you, money will go towards PTTs
View Quote

Good luck. Tell the Ukranians I said to kill the motherfuckers. Much support.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 8:40:42 PM EDT
[#28]

I’ll post more once their visas get issued. Some have them already but waiting on one before we go public. This will be great intel for people who care. Their will also be less techno specific talks. We’re hoping to do three. One at place after match, that will be more informal.

One in Nova and one in Tidewater area, possibly 1 at VMI or Naval Academy
View Quote

NOVA! Woo hoo. I might try to be there.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 8:47:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#29]
Ukrainian forces possibly squeezing the Russians over a larger area.

Link Posted: 7/31/2022 8:54:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Firefly1032] [#30]

View All Quotes

This was discussed a few pages ago and I have a tendency to agree that a push from Zap southward would likely be untenable at the moment and a push through Nova Kakhovka more likely if they do attempt an envelopment. Continued re-supply from Crimea would make the Russians a continued threat from both sides of the offensive for a long period of time. Not to mention, UA would have to telegraph their intentions with the level of men and material needed for a push and hold in order to attain their objective of splitting the forces; something likely even the Russians (with their poor intelligence) would be able to shift to address.

Edit: though I would gladly be wrong!
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:21:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By MNGearhead:

https://www.reddit.com/r/UkraineWarVideoReport/comments/wcwjpb/it_is_reported_by_several_sources_that_the/

View Quote

Hopefully he is dead because somebody went after his ass on purpose.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:26:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CleverNickname] [#32]
A few real UA pipe hitters who speak English will be present.
View Quote

You're either repeating Russian propaganda about Ukrainian military drug use or think "pipe hitters" means something positive.  It means "crack smoker."

Which is it?
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:29:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By CleverNickname:
:
You're either repeating Russian propaganda about Ukrainian military drug use or think "pipe hitters" is means something positive.  It means "crack smoker."

Which is it?
View Quote

I've only heard of it meaning very capable and experienced guys in combat.  The crack thing is a new one for me.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:29:42 PM EDT
[#34]

You're either repeating Russian propaganda about Ukrainian military drug use or think "pipe hitters" means something positive.  It means "crack smoker."

Which is it?
View Quote

https://officialnicholasorr.com/what-is-a-pipe-hitter/
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:38:31 PM EDT
[#35]

Which is it?
View All Quotes
A few real UA pipe hitters who speak English will be present.

Which is it?

"Pipe hitters" was popularized during the surge in Iraq, to refer to SOF guys who were out doing multiple raids every night.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:42:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Not mil but I have only heard that Pipe Hitters are legit badass mil dudes.

Crack heads is what you seek.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:43:39 PM EDT
[#37]

Hopefully he is dead because somebody went after his ass on purpose.
View Quote
Revive him and kill him again.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:49:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By MelGibsonEnthusiast:
"Pipe hitters" was popularized during the surge in Iraq, to refer to SOF guys who were out doing multiple raids every night.
View Quote

It predates that by many decades. Originally referred to tough gang members willing to swing lengths of (lead) pipe in a brawl or gang fight, extended later to all tough SOBs who were willing to do anything necessary to make mayhem and get the job done.

The crack pipe thing from the 80s did confuse some people's understanding of the term, especially depending on what region of the country they're from, and who and what activity they associate with the term.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:50:21 PM EDT
[#39]
https://www.rferl.org/a/bulgaria-gebrev-ammunition-depot-explosion/31967824.html

Overnight Explosion Rocks Ammunition Depot In Bulgaria

SOFIA -- An explosion early on July 31 blasted an ammunition depot owned by arms dealer Emilian Gebrev, Bulgarian state news agency BTA reported.

The blast occurred at around 3:30 a.m. local time at the EMCO ammunition depot near the city of Karnobat in southeastern Bulgaria.

No injuries were reported and the fire was quickly extinguished, BTA reported.

Gebrev told BNR Radio that the warehouse stored ammunition that had been ordered by companies but not yet paid for.

He said the cause of the blast had not yet been determined.

In April 2021, Bulgaria expelled a Russian diplomat after the country's authorities said they suspected six Russian citizens of involvement in a series of blasts that hit four weapons and armament facilities over the previous 10 years.

Bulgaria’s Foreign Ministry “declared one more Russian diplomat persona non grata and requested the law-enforcement agencies of the Russian Federation to provide full assistance to the Bulgarian authorities” in their investigation into the blasts, the ministry said at the time.

Bulgarian prosecutors said in April 2021 that there was a “reasonable assumption” that the blasts that rocked the four warehouses and production facilities in Bulgaria between 2011 and 2020 were connected to the near-fatal poisoning of Gebrev in 2015.

Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:53:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:

What do you mean
Nvm found this.. Kosovo to attack Serbia at midnight!

https://en.trend.az/world/europe/3627487.html
View Quote

Oh, boy. I'm totally lost on this one. Who do we support in this one if anybody, and is this another situation of "We have to attack them because we made up a rumor that they are going to attack us." ?
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:53:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Croak] [#41]

Which is it?
View Quote

Blame Pulp Fiction.  It introduced the term into the popular lexicon, and its meaning got shifted in the process.   Most people don't think "crack smoker" when they hear the term, they think "bad ass".

Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:59:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
Ukrainian forces possibly squeezing the Russians over a larger area.

View Quote

They may be looking to start a march to the sea and cut off that peninsula.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 10:01:33 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Croak:

Blame Pulp Fiction.  It introduced the term into the popular lexicon, and its meaning got shifted in the process.   Most people don't think "crack smoker" when they hear the term, they think "bad ass".

View Quote

“Hit the pipe” for smoking crack predated Pulp Fiction by several years. In common use by then. Might have helped spread it, but did not introduce it.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 10:02:53 PM EDT
[#44]
I said popular lexicon.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 10:03:41 PM EDT
[#45]

“Hit the pipe” for smoking crack predated Pulp Fiction by several years. In common use by then. Might have helped spread it, but did not introduce it.
View All Quotes

Pipe hittin' niggas - Pulp Fiction
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 10:05:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jack67] [#46]
I said popular lexicon.
View Quote

Popular in the 80s, I heard it then, people used it widely before PF.  Even documented in popular movies before then.  To wit:

https://books.google.com/books?id=5F-YNZRv-VMC&newbks=1&newbks_redir=0&printsec=frontcover&pg=PA509&dq=hit+the+pipe+slang&hl=en&source=gb_mobile_entity

ETA - maybe we are talking about the different meanings, not the same.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 10:09:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Abakan:

Yeah, but what if the customer is the FSB? Think about it.
View Quote

In these situations there opportunities for lots of different groups to do different things for different reasons. And I think russians focus on fanning the flames of problems that they find already existing. I call it "helping saplings".

I planted a bunch of oak trees where I wanted them to grow. Some of them did ok, others didn't. I stopped planting oak trees. What I do now is find  oak tree saplings that are already growing where it wants to grow, and I help it to grow by removing obstacles and nurturing it until it no longer needs my help and will continue to grow on it's own after it is past the fragile phase. I find it cheaper and more effective. I think that is what communists focus their efforts on instead of planting trees. They find problems we already have and try to make them worse. They tell people on the left they are getting a raw deal and should be against the rest of the population that is oppressing them. They tell people on the right that the country is throwing away family values and is corrupt. They nurture these divisions where they find them and sometimes are very involved.
I read a memo from the american communist party that was very involved in virginia elections where they had an opportunity to turn the election. They gave the democrats and democrat socialists tactics on who to talk to and what to say to them in order to turn the election from republican to democrat. They went door to door in areas of high density of minorities and talked to them. They helped that sapling grow. It's what they do. It works.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 10:19:29 PM EDT
[#48]

Popular in the 80s, I heard it then, people used it widely before PF.  Even documented in popular movies before then.  To wit:

https://books.google.com/books?id=5F-YNZRv-VMC&newbks=1&newbks_redir=0&printsec=frontcover&pg=PA509&dq=hit+the+pipe+slang&hl=en&source=gb_mobile_entity

ETA - maybe we are talking about the different meanings, not the same.
View Quote

I think it's fair to say the phrase means one thing in one culture and means something completely different in another culture. Probably cause a lot of confusion where those cultures overlap. In the realm of combat, a pipe hitter is a bad-ass whether it be a gang member who has gone to war with other gangs or military personnel who have killed others in war. A pipe hitter runs towards the drums of war, not away from them.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 10:23:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By MNGearhead:

View Quote

Yeah Fuck that guy.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 10:50:54 PM EDT
[#50]

For whatever reason there's a chunk of Americans who are easy to manipulate simply by using the words they want to hear. I'm a lot more exposed to people on the right so I see that stuff more(traditional values). I expect when the chinese start using words like "equality" there are a bunch of people on the left who jump on that chinese bandwagon.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Tiberius:

Seen it among the “Red Pillers” for at least a year. Some of them honestly think CCP tyranny is a price worth paying so long as the libtards and trannys are “dealt with “

For whatever reason there's a chunk of Americans who are easy to manipulate simply by using the words they want to hear. I'm a lot more exposed to people on the right so I see that stuff more(traditional values). I expect when the chinese start using words like "equality" there are a bunch of people on the left who jump on that chinese bandwagon.

Oh, the CCP, like the Russians, plays both sides. Used to only hear this nonsense from the far Left….first I heard about Soros was left wingers who were against the Kosovo War….now it’s coming from people who claim to be on the Right. It’s downright depressing to have people you once respected come out as Putin/Xi Puffers.
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2243 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top