Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2508 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 9/13/2022 6:18:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 6:20:37 PM EDT
[#2]
The moment of destruction of the Russian T-90 Tank #shorts
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 6:21:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
View Quote

*if true* (which should caveat everything we hear right now)...

Then my question is: why would the Ukrainians even bother to entertain talks right now? They've made their position clear - that the Russians leave ALL Ukrainian territory, and ALL pre-2014 territory is returned to Ukraine. Including the republics and Crimea.

So if that's their position, then what is there to discuss?

The Russians know this. They're just trying to pause the offensive.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 6:22:08 PM EDT
[#4]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fcj2Hh-aIAIIlLC?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

Good

Link Posted: 9/13/2022 6:24:15 PM EDT
[#5]

View Quote

I've argued against mistreatment and torturing of POWs multiple times in this very thread, a few months back.

With that said, I could easily be persuaded to agree in this case.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 6:26:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By CenterMass762:

I've argued against mistreatment and torturing of POWs multiple times in this very thread, a few months back.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

It is a conundrum for sure.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 6:28:25 PM EDT
[#7]

View All Quotes

I'm guessing he will retain his testicles, but will get some other tenderly love from the UKR interrogators.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 6:28:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jDrexler] [#8]

View All Quotes

Torturing people for being enemy soldiers is immoral.

Returning the favor, is less so. If they caught someone who was doing that shit, I’d have a coke if they decided to kill him with a cheese grater.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 6:29:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By fisterkev:

Then my question is: why would the Ukrainians even bother to entertain talks right now? They've made their position clear - that the Russians leave ALL Ukrainian territory, and ALL pre-2014 territory is returned to Ukraine. Including the republics and Crimea.

View Quote

They shouldn't.

The Russians don't want to negotiate in good faith.   They just want a cease-fire so they can interrupt the UA momentum and rebuild a defensive line.  

The Russians have no credibility left.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 6:30:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By jDrexler:

Torturing people for being enemy soldiers is immoral.

Returning the favor, is less so. If they caught someone who was doing that shit, I’d have a coke if they decided to kill him with a cheese grater.
View Quote

I wouldn't lose any sleep over his mistreatment anyways.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 6:34:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By stgdz:

There are so many minor things in Ukraine that are keeping the big picture together.  These engineers will probably never get any glory of freeing villages but like the guy that slept next to the network rack to keep the inet up, the nation continues.
View Quote

The firefighters across Ukraine at the start of the Russian attack on Kiyv were fuck'n AWESOME!
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 6:35:11 PM EDT
[#12]

View All Quotes

Since they publicized it, then he should stand trial for war crimes and murder. At this point extrajudicial justice hurts Ukraine politically and on the PR front. If you want to do that, no pictures or recordings or public announcements. Just do it then dump what’s left in a cesspit.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 6:36:54 PM EDT
[#13]
View Quote

Another embarrassing moment for the Ruskie government … freakin’ bleed them of their equipment so that they can never get the chance to do this again.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 6:37:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By BigGrumpyBear:

I know it's like being in agreement with FJB on sending arms to Ukraine.

We know it's the right thing to do.

We know it's the morally responsible thing to do.

We know it's on the side of all that is good and holy.

So, how did he get here?
View Quote

I think a major European war is so far outside the comfort area and world of the people in this administration, that they had no idea of what should or even could be done, so they have relied on the various agencies and institutions that DO have an idea of what should be done and have been planning for it for generations. Biden and a lot of the cabinet are highly competent at doing what they are told. And, to be honest, a couple of critical foreign policy appointments were reasonable -- compared to the the more political folks.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 6:38:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By BigGrumpyBear:

I know it's like being in agreement with FJB on sending arms to Ukraine.

We know it's the right thing to do.

We know it's the morally responsible thing to do.

We know it's on the side of all that is good and holy.

So, how did he get here?
View Quote

A stopped clock is right twice a day...
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 6:39:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Prime:

Lavrov said recently- "the longer Ukraine waits, the worse it will be".

Dum dum.

View Quote

He’s 100% right on that. Cause it’s true, the longer Ukraine waits, the worse it’ll be for the Russians 😂
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 6:46:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By realwar:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcK0lvRy5qU
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 6:46:31 PM EDT
[#18]
View Quote

It's simple, Ivan.  Pull your shit back to your side of the border and keep your artillery far enough away that it can't reach the border, and we will stop killing you by the gross.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 6:47:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Anyone seeing anything on your channels about this? Supposedly Ukes are pushing south.

Link Posted: 9/13/2022 6:47:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#20]

View All Quotes

That is what the Ukrainians surmised, and they immediately said no talks to the Russians as they believed it was just a delaying action.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 6:51:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Cypher15:
Anyone seeing anything on your channels about this? Supposedly Ukes are pushing south.

View Quote

Yea, but I suspect it's not military units, yet.  Ukrainians are pushing though in that area.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 6:52:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By dillydilly:

He’s 100% right on that. Cause it’s true, the longer Ukraine waits, the worse it’ll be for the Russians 😂
View Quote

Their country is frozen by mass hysteria.   They literally cannot recognize reality as it is kicking them in the nuts.  

Even now, they're more concerned with coming up with excuses for failure than solutions for success.   Most of them appear to have learned NOTHING from all of this.   Despite incurring a hefty bill for their education at 50k dead sons, husbands, fathers, and brothers.  And climbing.

What lesson have they learned?   "We should hit all of the 'hohols' power plants and transformers!"

Russian culture is fucking cancer.   80 years of communism ruined anything good about their culture, irrevocably.  The only possible reformers have fled the country to start new lives elsewhere and took with them any chance of making Russia better.

We talk about a coup to "fix" Russia... fix it with what?   They only have more of the same to replace it with.   You can't make a government less corrupt than the sum of its constituent members.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 6:54:03 PM EDT
[#23]

Link Posted: 9/13/2022 6:56:39 PM EDT
[#24]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FcjJjB5WYAMAyKv?format=jpg&name=medium
View Quote

If that were true, then it means the Russian soldiery is even worse dogshit than anyone knew.  Considering they're getting their asses handed to them.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 6:58:31 PM EDT
[#25]

View Quote
Good he got caught
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 6:58:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Banditman:

View Quote

Give him a military trial with a jury of similar rank Ukrainian soldiers, if convicted hang him. It could be done in a week.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 6:59:11 PM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

Here’s a datapoint on how the American officer pool feels about torturing/killing prisoners.  Pretty much 50/50 on it from this example.

-Several years ago (over a decade) I was interviewed by a USN O-6 for a slot.  He interviewed quite a few candidates across all branches and a few civilians, was not USN specific.
- After the interview was done and the evaluation fixed, he posed a hypothetical.  If ordered by a USMC BG in your chain of command, would you kill a prisoner who was a high-value enemy intelligence operative?  The reason is that you are about to be overrun and you can not evacuate him w/you.
- I was aghast and said no.  He asked why, I reiterated the same points as mentioned here for the most part.

Afterwards, I asked him what his pool-wide results were across candidates and a few years.  He said it was very much 50-50.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 6:59:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By weptek911:

Give him a military trial with a jury of similar rank Ukrainian soldiers, if convicted hang him. It could be done in a week.
View Quote

By the balls.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 7:00:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By DPeacher:

The firefighters across Ukraine at the start of the Russian attack on Kiyv were fuck'n AWESOME!
View Quote

Agreed. They were even rescuing pets left stranded in bombed, split open high rise apartment buildings. That one really got me.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 7:01:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By 1Andy2:

If that were true, then it means the Russian soldiery is even worse dogshit than anyone knew.  Considering they're getting their asses handed to them.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 1Andy2:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FcjJjB5WYAMAyKv?format=jpg&name=medium

It is such a bad attempt at times, that I feel they can't be that stupid, but so far I learned to lower my standards for Russian military prowess.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 7:01:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Russians Troubled By News Of Army Retreat In Kharkiv, Many In Denial

Russians Troubled By News Of Army Retreat In Kharkiv, Many In Denial
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 7:03:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#32]
Better context.

Link Posted: 9/13/2022 7:04:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 7:04:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:

Yeah, no evidence for something absolutely means it's debunked.

By that logic you can make whatever outrageous claim you want, and if you can't prove my insanity wrong then it's not debunked, despite having no evidence.
View Quote

I dont give two shits about biolabs and neither does Russia. It has/had absolutely nothing to do with the invasion.

BTW The US State Department has acknowledged that they were funding numerous bio-labs in Ukraine. This is public, on video, aired on the news. iirc there was some panic at the time about 'what if the Russians get ahold of the data'. To now say that the US was funding no labs in Ukraine (after the US officially acknowledged it) is stupid and makes us pro-Ukraine folks looks like idiots that are rejecting obvious facts, like the Russians.

Link Posted: 9/13/2022 7:04:38 PM EDT
[#35]

Yea, but I suspect it's not military units, yet.  Ukrainians are pushing though in that area.
View All Quotes

Sauce (source) me up
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 7:06:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Smiling for the camera, waiting for the flash,

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 7:06:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Ukrainian unit in Kharkiv.

Link Posted: 9/13/2022 7:07:35 PM EDT
[#38]

It is such a bad attempt at times, that I feel they can't be that stupid, but so far I learned to lower my standards for Russian military prowess.
View Quote

Its like a response you'd get from a defensive 4 year old losing at checkers.

"I'm not losing!  You're a big dummy poo poo head!"
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 7:07:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NunyaBidness] [#39]
Originally Posted By Jack67:

Here's a datapoint on how the American officer pool feels about torturing/killing prisoners.  Pretty much 50/50 on it from this example.

-Several years ago (over a decade) I was interviewed by a USN O-6 for a slot.  He interviewed quite a few candidates across all branches and a few civilians, was not USN specific.
- After the interview was done and the evaluation fixed, he posed a hypothetical.  If ordered by a USMC BG in your chain of command, would you kill a prisoner who was a high-value enemy intelligence operative?  The reason is that you are about to be overrun and you can not evacuate him w/you.
- I was aghast and said no.  He asked why, I reiterated the same points as mentioned here for the most part.

Afterwards, I asked him what his pool-wide results were across candidates and a few years.  He said it was very much 50-50.
View All Quotes

Here's a datapoint on how the American officer pool feels about torturing/killing prisoners.  Pretty much 50/50 on it from this example.

Intel Operative? That's a spy, not a soldier, right? I don't see a huge problem with the order. Am I missing something or am I just an asshole?
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 7:07:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Tiberius:

Since they publicized it, then he should stand trial for war crimes and murder. At this point extrajudicial justice hurts Ukraine politically and on the PR front. If you want to do that, no pictures or recordings or public announcements. Just do it then dump what’s left in a cesspit.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Tiberius:

I agree completely.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 7:14:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stgdz] [#41]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

I dont give two shits about biolabs and neither does Russia. It has/had absolutely nothing to do with the invasion.

BTW The US State Department has acknowledged that they were funding numerous bio-labs in Ukraine. This is public, on video, aired on the news. iirc there was some panic at the time about 'what if the Russians get ahold of the data'. To now say that the US was funding no labs in Ukraine (after the US officially acknowledged it) is stupid and makes us pro-Ukraine folks looks like idiots that are rejecting obvious facts, like the Russians.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:

Yeah, no evidence for something absolutely means it's debunked.

By that logic you can make whatever outrageous claim you want, and if you can't prove my insanity wrong then it's not debunked, despite having no evidence.

I bet it was a george soros funded covid creation lab that the russians wanted to destroy to help the christian nationalists in the USA.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 7:14:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: marlinfan] [#42]
Originally Posted By ar-jedi:
View Quote

Cold blooded tweet response.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 7:17:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By NunyaBidness:
Intel Operative? That's a spy, not a soldier, right? I don't see a huge problem with the order. Am I missing something or am I just an asshole?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NunyaBidness:

Legality aside, even if they were a uniformed soldier you are very much getting into some grey areas.

Killing a prisoner because you don’t like that he is your enemy, or because he badmouthed your mother is pretty cut and dry as immoral.

Killing a prisoner because their specific death will have a significant impact on your enemies ability to wage war in the future? It might not be legal, but I’d judge someone who did it far less harshly than just killing/torturing for shits and giggles.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 7:17:42 PM EDT
[#44]
View Quote

Biolab zombie soldiers..lol
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 7:21:07 PM EDT
[#45]

Here’s a datapoint on how the American officer pool feels about torturing/killing prisoners.  Pretty much 50/50 on it from this example.

View Quote

“Sir, he would be out of our custody when he died.”
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 7:21:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Charging_Handle] [#46]
Well, well, well....

Looks like old Mongoloid nut cutter is now in the company of some new friends.

We can at least be assured one war crime committing motherfucker has been rounded up during this counteroffensive. Upon conviction he needs to be taken out to some Kyiv back alley where a firing squad can decorate a wall with the contents of his skull.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 7:21:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Sauce (source) me up
View All Quotes

Yea, but I suspect it's not military units, yet.  Ukrainians are pushing though in that area North.
Sauce (source) me up

No real sources, it was just my own hunch.

There was was Partisan activity there 1hr ago.

Link Posted: 9/13/2022 7:25:15 PM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes

Fuck that. Humanity for humanity's sake.
Give him a trial. Make sure that actually is the asshole. Tie him to a post and shoot his ass.
If you're feeling vindictive, shoot low.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 7:26:19 PM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Banditman:

Traditionally, the execution method for crimes of a military nature or those conducted against enemy (or friendly) soldiers is the firing squad.  Hanging is usually reserved for crimes against civilians.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 7:26:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By amannamedjed:

The Russians could resupply Crimea over the Azov Sea using boats and ships.  They actually have a history if this when they resupplied Leningrad over Lake Ladoga in World War II.  And the population of Crimea, about 2.4 million, is less than the population of Leningrad during the war.  So it is possible.  Not necessarily easy.  And might be impossible if Ukraine interdicted the crossing fleet.
View Quote

They historically have been able to do lots of things.

If thy cant handle transloading trains to trucks and moving supplies 50 miles, it is highly doubtful they could supply 2 million people with life support, along with supplying an army.

If they could, (but they cant) the stockpiles on wharves and docks on both ends will be a shooting gallery.  Assuming if they could move stuff by ship, that in Crimea right now they have enough trucks to trans-ship it.

If they could do it, and had thought of how to do it, theyd still have to deal with HIMARS.  
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2508 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top