Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2509 of 5590)
Page / 5590
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 9/13/2022 7:28:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 7:30:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Saltwater-Hillbilly:

Traditionally, the execution method for crimes of a military nature or those conducted against enemy (or friendly) soldiers is the firing squad.  Hanging is usually reserved for crimes against civilians.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By weptek911:
Originally Posted By Banditman:

It is a conundrum for sure.

Give him a military trial with a jury of similar rank Ukrainian soldiers, if convicted hang him. It could be done in a week.

Traditionally, the execution method for crimes of a military nature or those conducted against enemy (or friendly) soldiers is the firing squad.  Hanging is usually reserved for crimes against civilians.

Can they change the rules so everyone shoots him in the nuts until dead?
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 7:31:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:

Fuck that. Humanity for humanity's sake.
Give him a trial. Make sure that actually is the asshole. Tie him to a post and shoot his ass.
If you're feeling vindictive, shoot low.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CenterMass762:
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fcj2Hh-aIAIIlLC?format=jpg&name=large

I've argued against mistreatment and torturing of POWs multiple times in this very thread, a few months back.

With that said, I could easily be persuaded to agree in this case.

Fuck that. Humanity for humanity's sake.
Give him a trial. Make sure that actually is the asshole. Tie him to a post and shoot his ass.
If you're feeling vindictive, shoot low.

Give him the same treatment, make it slow. And without being halfway knocked out. Make it real slow.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 7:32:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Jack67:

Here’s a datapoint on how the American officer pool feels about torturing/killing prisoners.  Pretty much 50/50 on it from this example.

-Several years ago (over a decade) I was interviewed by a USN O-6 for a slot.  He interviewed quite a few candidates across all branches and a few civilians, was not USN specific.
- After the interview was done and the evaluation fixed, he posed a hypothetical.  If ordered by a USMC BG in your chain of command, would you kill a prisoner who was a high-value enemy intelligence operative?  The reason is that you are about to be overrun and you can not evacuate him w/you.
- I was aghast and said no.  He asked why, I reiterated the same points as mentioned here for the most part.

Afterwards, I asked him what his pool-wide results were across candidates and a few years.  He said it was very much 50-50.
View All Quotes

I've argued against mistreatment and torturing of POWs multiple times in this very thread, a few months back.

Here’s a datapoint on how the American officer pool feels about torturing/killing prisoners.  Pretty much 50/50 on it from this example.

-Several years ago (over a decade) I was interviewed by a USN O-6 for a slot.  He interviewed quite a few candidates across all branches and a few civilians, was not USN specific.
- After the interview was done and the evaluation fixed, he posed a hypothetical.  If ordered by a USMC BG in your chain of command, would you kill a prisoner who was a high-value enemy intelligence operative?  The reason is that you are about to be overrun and you can not evacuate him w/you.
- I was aghast and said no.  He asked why, I reiterated the same points as mentioned here for the most part.

Afterwards, I asked him what his pool-wide results were across candidates and a few years.  He said it was very much 50-50.

Would it make me a bad person if my answer isn't a hard no?

I could see being okay doing that under certain circumstances. Torturing them, however, would be a hard no from me no matter who's giving the order.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 7:38:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

I dont give two shits about biolabs and neither does Russia. It has/had absolutely nothing to do with the invasion.

BTW The US State Department has acknowledged that they were funding numerous bio-labs in Ukraine. This is public, on video, aired on the news. iirc there was some panic at the time about 'what if the Russians get ahold of the data'. To now say that the US was funding no labs in Ukraine (after the US officially acknowledged it) is stupid and makes us pro-Ukraine folks looks like idiots that are rejecting obvious facts, like the Russians.

View Quote

The US has a program to fund laboratories in the former Soviet Union to ensure that their staff are gainfully employed and they have sufficient funding to maintain safety standards. That’s not been controversial before. Labs are common and necessary anywhere humans or livestock live…
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 7:40:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Right now, Crimea is an important military asset to Russia and a staging area to bring supplies in.  Once the water supply is cut and the bridge blown, it becomes a massive liability instead.  Ukraine doesn't need to attack Crimea.  A simple old-fashioned siege will do the trick.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 7:42:36 PM EDT
[#7]

View All Quotes

Give him a military trial with a jury of similar rank Ukrainian soldiers, if convicted hang him. It could be done in a week.

You say that jokingly, but I wouldn't be even slightly surprised if more than a few went down with hamburger groin.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 7:46:21 PM EDT
[#8]
The Odessa Ass Bandit strikes fear in the Russian soldier

He gets behind enemy lines and strikes from behind

Literally
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 7:48:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By ricko1:
Every country in the world that has biologist has Biolabs, it is where they work. Not every biolab is a bioweapons lab.
View Quote

I've been busy all day and peeked into my favorite thread and I see all the shit about biolabs.

I dont think anyone (except maybe Russia) is/was claiming that the US has bio-WEAPONS-labs in Ukraine.

Personally, I have never set foot in a bio-lab or Ukraine so I know jack shit about what may or may not be in Ukraine. But, I was watching a US State Dept. presser about 7 months ago, just before the invasion and the spokeswoman chic was asked by a reporter about "US bio-labs in Ukraine". I was like WTF is this about. But then the chic says 'yes, the US is funding several bio-lab facilities in Ukraine, and they are being evacuated'. Then there was some follow up questions about the "bio-lab data falling into the Russian's hands". I think the next day it was explained that the "bio-labs" were there to monitor ex-Soviet bioweapons (total bullshit in my opinion). Then later it was said they were there to monitor bird flu. Maybe they were measuring dick sizes for all the shits I give about it.

I dont know and I dont give a shit as this has JACK SHIT TO DO WITH WHY RUSSIA INVADED. But all you bio lab kids getting upset about the mention of biolabs need to go tell the BIDEN STATE DEPARTMENT to STFU because it's been "debunked".
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 7:51:05 PM EDT
[#10]
So some military forces seen moving South.

Link Posted: 9/13/2022 7:52:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jack67] [#11]
Originally Posted By NunyaBidness:
Intel Operative? That's a spy, not a soldier, right? I don't see a huge problem with the order. Am I missing something or am I just an asshole?
View All Quotes
Intel Operative? That's a spy, not a soldier, right? I don't see a huge problem with the order. Am I missing something or am I just an asshole?

Senior enemy officer. Sorry, that did lack full context.

ETA:

I could see being okay doing that under certain circumstances. Torturing them, however, would be a hard no from me no matter who's giving the order.

LoL, I don’t think so actually. I was mortified by the response then, but I’m paradoxically both a) “more” Christian than back then, but also b) much more aware of human evil in the world.  I think I might even answer that differently myself now if put to the same test.

Link Posted: 9/13/2022 7:53:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By ar-jedi:
View Quote
Safety third. But they aren't smoking
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 7:54:26 PM EDT
[#13]

View All Quotes

The firing squad can all aim for the crotch.  The squad is SUPPOSED to aim for the heart, but I have never heard of anyone being punished for aiming a little high or low.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 7:55:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By marlinfan:

Cold blooded tweet response.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/39329/BE348ED2-B358-4DD5-8AF1-1AB3638A82E7_jpe-2525290.JPG
View Quote
On damn
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 7:56:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ar-jedi:

Yet.

Link Posted: 9/13/2022 7:58:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Good he got caught
View All Quotes

Good he got caught

I don't think he's the guy.

He's Asian, but their army is full of them. As matter of fact, I suspect Putin is pulling many of his soldiers from Russia's Asian East.

I also suspect Putin isn't shedding many tears when they get whacked in the field.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 8:00:03 PM EDT
[#17]

The firing squad can all aim for the crotch.  The squad is SUPPOSED to aim for the heart, but I have never heard of anyone being punished for aiming a little high or low.
View All Quotes

Thanks guys for that info.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 8:17:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Life Under Russian War Crimes - Unspeakable
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 8:19:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By kpacman:

He's Asian, but their army is full of them. As matter of fact, I suspect Putin is pulling many of his soldiers from Russia's Asian East.

I also suspect Putin isn't shedding many tears when they get whacked in the field.
View All Quotes

Good he got caught

After looking at a "before" picture of the guy and another one of him in civilian clothes, I don't think it's him, either.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 8:20:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By fisterkev:

*if true* (which should caveat everything we hear right now)...

Then my question is: why would the Ukrainians even bother to entertain talks right now? They've made their position clear - that the Russians leave ALL Ukrainian territory, and ALL pre-2014 territory is returned to Ukraine. Including the republics and Crimea.

So if that's their position, then what is there to discuss?

The Russians know this. They're just trying to pause the offensive.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fisterkev:

*if true* (which should caveat everything we hear right now)...

Then my question is: why would the Ukrainians even bother to entertain talks right now? They've made their position clear - that the Russians leave ALL Ukrainian territory, and ALL pre-2014 territory is returned to Ukraine. Including the republics and Crimea.

So if that's their position, then what is there to discuss?

The Russians know this. They're just trying to pause the offensive.

It's a fucken scam...just like they paused to falsely say they are leaving Hungary in 1956..then they invaded with 30k men.

Fuck them.
Keep driving until all of UA is liberated.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 8:25:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Better context.

View Quote

Alonzo Harris:
Oh Hell no you won't, you f***ed that up.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 8:25:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:

The US has a program to fund laboratories in the former Soviet Union to ensure that their staff are gainfully employed and they have sufficient funding to maintain safety standards. That’s not been controversial before. Labs are common and necessary anywhere humans or livestock live…
View Quote

Could you point me towards a place that I can find information about that program? I'd love to be able to use it to shut some people up.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 8:26:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 8:27:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By stgdz:

I bet it was a george soros funded covid creation lab that the russians wanted to destroy to help the christian nationalists in the USA.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stgdz:
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:

Yeah, no evidence for something absolutely means it's debunked.

By that logic you can make whatever outrageous claim you want, and if you can't prove my insanity wrong then it's not debunked, despite having no evidence.

I dont give two shits about biolabs and neither does Russia. It has/had absolutely nothing to do with the invasion.

BTW The US State Department has acknowledged that they were funding numerous bio-labs in Ukraine. This is public, on video, aired on the news. iirc there was some panic at the time about 'what if the Russians get ahold of the data'. To now say that the US was funding no labs in Ukraine (after the US officially acknowledged it) is stupid and makes us pro-Ukraine folks looks like idiots that are rejecting obvious facts, like the Russians.

I bet it was a george soros funded covid creation lab that the russians wanted to destroy to help the christian nationalists in the USA.

Gentlemen, can we please table the conspiracy stuff?  

Thank you.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 8:28:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sq40] [#25]
Originally Posted By Charging_Handle:
Well, well, well....

Looks like old Mongoloid nut cutter is now in the company of some new friends.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52250210535_37f62c78f7_o.jpg

We can at least be assured one war crime committing motherfucker has been rounded up during this counteroffensive. Upon conviction he needs to be taken out to some Kyiv back alley where a firing squad can decorate a wall with the contents of his skull.
View Quote

Firing squad is a soldier’s death.  War criminals get the noose. If that’s the guy though, the Pinochet treatment would be fine.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 8:29:29 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

Yup. It is definitely bad in the big picture.  But in a situation like this, IDGAF what they do to that dude.  Anything the most evil among us could dream up would be nowhere near what he deserves.

Link Posted: 9/13/2022 8:30:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By unreformed66:

Could you point me towards a place that I can find information about that program? I'd love to be able to use it to shut some people up.
View Quote

"Biological Threat Reduction Program"

There's plenty of info on it, its not a new thing.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 8:30:42 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote
The Russian far east is severely depopulated already (waaaaaay down from the Soviet days and dropping like a rock, when state directed military and commercial activity collapsed and everybody who could moved somewhere warmer) and is getting gradually overrun by Chinese guest workers.  Expending the military age male population from there in Ukraine has a lot of potential to add to their defense problems.  Russia may wake up one day to find a Chinese-backed "breakaway republic" departing their company.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/13/2022 8:33:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Cypher15:
Anyone seeing anything on your channels about this? Supposedly Ukes are pushing south.

View Quote

I doubt that there are any large numbers of Ukrainian troops that deep into that region.  Maybe some SF.  Definitely partisans and long range missiles causing trouble.

Link Posted: 9/13/2022 8:33:59 PM EDT
[#30]

After looking at a "before" picture of the guy and another one of him in civilian clothes, I don't think it's him, either.
View All Quotes

Good he got caught

Ya it's not him, the actual guy that did the cutting has a sorta deformed nose.. but this guy they caught was probably with the guy doing the cutting as several of them were there
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 8:34:01 PM EDT
[#31]

You say that jokingly, but I wouldn't be even slightly surprised if more than a few went down with hamburger groin.
View Quote
Good chance you'd hit an artery and he'd bleed out too fast. Stick him feet first into a wood chipper.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 8:34:44 PM EDT
[#32]

View All Quotes

It’s called the biological threat reduction program. I’m unsure which agency it falls under.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 8:37:39 PM EDT
[#33]

Link Posted: 9/13/2022 8:40:34 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

That sounds perfectly reasonable.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 8:45:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Ukrainian unit in Kharkiv.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FcjcajeWYAEtttB?format=jpg&name=medium
View Quote

One thing that has struck me is how "western" the UA humor and memes seem to be.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 8:51:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Charging_Handle:
Well, well, well....

Looks like old Mongoloid nut cutter is now in the company of some new friends.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52250210535_37f62c78f7_o.jpg

We can at least be assured one war crime committing motherfucker has been rounded up during this counteroffensive. Upon conviction he needs to be taken out to some Kyiv back alley where a firing squad can decorate a wall with the contents of his skull.
View Quote

I'm pretty sure the first picture is several months old, I remember seeing it before. BTW the captive in the first picture doesn't look like the guy in the second one.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 9:00:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By frankiebagadonuts:
Right now, Crimea is an important military asset to Russia and a staging area to bring supplies in.  Once the water supply is cut and the bridge blown, it becomes a massive liability instead.  Ukraine doesn't need to attack Crimea.  A simple old-fashioned siege will do the trick.
View Quote
Seems like air launched harpoons could make resupply by sea dicey.  How much work is it to integrate a Harpoon to a an existing Ukrainian platform?  

Historically, the best analog to Crimea in 2023 might be 1942 Bataan. A peninsula with choke points, heavily defended.  Resupply by submarine only didn't work. Admittedly less malaria, but more effective interdiction of supplies with satellite/NATO targeting data.

Link Posted: 9/13/2022 9:00:47 PM EDT
[#38]

Link Posted: 9/13/2022 9:03:33 PM EDT
[#39]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FckI7DkXEAEsvBm?format=png&name=medium
View Quote

Hmmmm.... When you're cannibalising your strategic nuke forces for cannon fodder, things definitely aren't going well.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 9:06:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Am I remembering correctly that we ARE sending them ATACMS?  

I think I read that a few pages ago, but now can't find it.

If not, they need lots of those yesterday.  Once they push as far as they can before they need to rest and consolidate, a whole bunch of new territory is going to be in range.  If they get what they need, this could be the beginning of the end for Russia and Putin.  We need to help Ukraine end them ASAP.

I know I've said it before but Russia has been a cancer on the earth for 100 years.  Imagine a world with no Marx and Lenin ever having been born.  So many of the attacks against our country's strengths have been rooted in Russia.  

I am old enough to remember people being laughed at for saying that some the anti war movement against Viet Nam in the US was orchestrated and paid for by Russia. They were called crazy conspiracy theorists for seeing an evil commie hiding in every shadow.  After the wall fell it was revealed that they had infiltrated and encouraged the anti war movement.  

Hell, even Critical Race Theory has roots from scholars that were tied to communism and were kicked out of Nazi Germany.  Thank Charles Lindberg and other fans of communism for helping them get settled here.  Much of the post modernist theory that is so popular with the left now has roots in communism.

Pick any attack against the basic western ideals of individual liberty, democracy, capitalism, free speech, free religion, etc., and you will often find Russian influence or ideology behind those attacks.  The only other philosophy that deserves just a small mention for damage done to mankind is religious fundamentalism.

Folks who attack western civilization (otherwise known as the modern world) for its history colonialism, slavery, sexism, and racism are morons.  Those horrors didn't exist because of the ideals of western civilization, they existed in spite of, and in contradiction to, the ideals of western civ.  We just took way too long to live up to our ideals, but we did eventually get there.  

Fuck me this shit pisses me off when I get rolling.  

END Russia now!  This is the best chance the world has had since this cancer was created.

Link Posted: 9/13/2022 9:07:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By mokerr:

....bathhouses?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mokerr:
Originally Posted By Prime:

Exactly.

"Dude, lower your voice."

Break break

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-09-13/ukraine-s-richest-man-starts-making-portable-steel-war-shelters

ByAliaksandr Kudrytski
September 13, 2022 at 11:29 AM EDT

A Ukrainian steelworks owned by billionaire Rinat Akhmetov has begun building prefabricated dugouts and shipping them to soldiers fighting against Russia on the front lines.

The capsules can withstand hits from 150-millimeter shells once buried 1.5 meters (5 feet) under the ground, steelmaker Metinvest Holding LLC said. They can be used as hideouts during attacks, canteens or field bathhouses.

https://assets.bwbx.io/images/users/iqjWHBFdfxIU/iUN8h9FDCHTE/v0/800x-1.jpg

....bathhouses?

Attachment Attached File

O.A.B. HAS ENTERED THE CHAT
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 9:09:08 PM EDT
[#42]

ETA:

LoL, I don't think so actually. I was mortified by the response then, but I'm paradoxically both a) "more" Christian than back then, but also b) much more aware of human evil in the world.  I think I might even answer that differently myself now if put to the same test.

View All Quotes

ETA:

LoL, I don't think so actually. I was mortified by the response then, but I'm paradoxically both a) "more" Christian than back then, but also b) much more aware of human evil in the world.  I think I might even answer that differently myself now if put to the same test.

In that case, summary execution is off the table. For a spy on the other hand, it is very much on the table.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 9:16:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Jozsi:

It's like unrepentant nazis after the war. I met some oddball SS people and even met Himmlers daughter. They expressed no remorse for what happened and can't even meet halfway that Hitler was a fucken idiot.

It's like that REM song.. LOSING MY RELIGION.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jozsi:
Originally Posted By 1969iggy:
Originally Posted By _disconnector_:
The problem is that most of them will transfer that anger to Ukraine and the West.

I don't think that most people understand the level of absolute insanity that the Russian people live with on a daily basis.  They *truly believe* that they are in the right for what they did in Ukraine and that the problem isn't in the mission - it's in the leadership.  

If you understand this it will make the inevitable changes in Russia make sense.  The liberalizing forces will not win here - the nationalist and fascist forces will just find a new face to represent Russia.

It's like when a guy gets arrested for beating his wife, and blames her...  it's fucked up logic but that doesn't change the way a fucked up brain works....

Stupid and mean people never seem to be able to look in a mirror and realize they are the problem they need to fix.

It's like unrepentant nazis after the war. I met some oddball SS people and even met Himmlers daughter. They expressed no remorse for what happened and can't even meet halfway that Hitler was a fucken idiot.

It's like that REM song.. LOSING MY RELIGION.

Interesting. Sounds just like the Dems and how brilliant and right-minded they believe Brandon “is”
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 9:21:16 PM EDT
[#44]

That’s the Russian way. Hang the dead guy.

And notice, all the “opposition” to Putin is NOT based on the fact he’s a fascist who started a genocidal war.

It’s because he’s not WINNING the fascist genocidal war.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GreyHat:

They're blaming Serdyukov because he was right and the people who ousted him are in power and failing.

That’s the Russian way. Hang the dead guy.

And notice, all the “opposition” to Putin is NOT based on the fact he’s a fascist who started a genocidal war.

It’s because he’s not WINNING the fascist genocidal war.

DING DING DING DING DING!  We have a winner!
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 9:21:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Capta:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/390973/Odessaassbandit-2295052.jpg

O.A.B. HAS ENTERED THE CHAT
View Quote
OAB is the Odessa has not been invaded.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 9:22:57 PM EDT
[#46]
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 9:25:50 PM EDT
[#47]
So far its rather interesting

Moving Through Russian Positions | Bunker Interview, British - Ukrainian Marine, Military Trainer

Link Posted: 9/13/2022 9:26:18 PM EDT
[#48]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FcjJjB5WYAMAyKv?format=jpg&name=medium
View Quote

Let me guess... the redacted part was about their training in "throwing shovels over their heads" and "involuntary sodomy?"

Obviously russian military curriculum elements
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 9:29:19 PM EDT
[#49]

View Quote

It might be gratifying to respond in kind, but the right thing to do is try him under Ukrainian law and sentence him.  Show everyone the difference between monsters and men.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 9:33:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Better context.

View Quote

Good for Ukraine not falling for that shit
Page / 5590
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2509 of 5590)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top