Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2512 of 5590)
Page / 5590
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 9/14/2022 9:41:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By thehun06:

And to think people here will pay $6k or more for an AK-12 clone…idiotic.
View Quote

They look really nice next to $15k Dragunovs.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 9:46:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Alex9661:
View Quote

Between Ukraine likely going over to NATO small arms, Russian captures, and their likely need to raise as much money as possible - I am hoping the surplus market will be interesting in a few years.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 9:47:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Mal_means_bad:
Do the Russian loss claim infographics include prisoners taken?  Or is that KIA only.
View Quote

KIA only from what I understand.  Wounded and POW aren’t publicly posted that I know of yet.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 9:48:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Dominion21:

This level of loss helps explain why men aged 18 to 65 (yes, 65), are being grabbed off the streets of DonBass And other occupied territory and forced to fight for the Russians.
View Quote
I've noticed very few baby faced young adult or outright child soldiers in this war, but lots of gray beards.  I think that may reflect Russia's demographic collapse.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 9:49:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sq40] [#5]
Originally Posted By Dracster:

Our leadership probably couldn't find the frontline.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dracster:
Originally Posted By Schmigs:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fcm8dGnXgAMsMMs?format=jpg&name=medium

Our leadership wouldn't dare to go that close to a frontline

Our leadership probably couldn't find the frontline.

That dude has a pair of coconuts for sure. He will have whole chapters in history books, and some big statues.

Some people on the right like to idolize Putin, but if you want a living foreign war leader to admire, Zelenskyy is the guy.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 9:50:41 AM EDT
[#6]
China doesn't appear entirely confident that their small arsenal will remain a deterrent, they're said to be in the middle of a major expansion: https://nypost.com/2021/11/03/china-expanding-nuclear-weapons-force-faster-than-predicted/
View Quote

We should be on war footing as far as producing arms and equipment that has been proven to work. As in accelerated as much as possible.

We should 100% preemptive strike them as soon as this whole Russia deal is over.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 9:51:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:
https://i.imgur.com/nflvH8f.jpg

[]http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/icon_smile_dissapprove.gif[/img]
[img]/images/smilies/smiley_abused.gif[/img]

[img]http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/smiley_abused.gif[/img]
View Quote

Thanks! I snorted coffee out my nose on that one.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 9:51:36 AM EDT
[#8]

Our leadership wouldn't dare to go that close to a frontline
View Quote
And I'll bet none of the UA troops have been stripped of ammunition
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 9:53:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Easterner:

I believe everything is delayed 24-48 hours for operational security.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Easterner:
Originally Posted By stgdz:
So the UA has crossed the oskil?
The isw.map had them around kupyansk but not across the river.

I believe everything is delayed 24-48 hours for operational security.

This, all reporting places went on 24 to 48 hour reporting delays on the Ukrainian positions for the most part.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 9:54:11 AM EDT
[#10]

Our leadership wouldn’t dare to go that close to a frontline…
View Quote

Our leadership? How about fucking Putin? Do you think he’d ever go visit the troops like Bush & Trump did?
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 9:56:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By R0N:

The war has made me evaluate some of the moduling and sims on various US weapons’ ability to penetrate enemy intergrated defenses that were discounted as they were too optomisitic.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By R0N:
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
Originally Posted By 1Andy2:
Originally Posted By Circuits:

An ongoing question has been about the state of the Russian nuclear arsenal - the US spends ~$60B/yr maintaining its 3750 nuclear weapons.

Even with purchasing power parity adjustments, that would consume over half of Russia's entire defense budget, plus Russia has more warheads (5000) to maintain, and a known and notable problem with graft, theft and corruption within its manpower and equipment procurement processes.

Not to say all of their bombs will fizzle (produce lower than expected yields) or outright fail, just that some, reportedly fairly large, percentage of their delivery vehicles will malfunction if not produced within the past 10-15 years, and of those that function, some number will probably not perform to expectations.

It would be too much to hope that they've hollowed out their forces so completely that none of them will work, so they retain a potent nuclear deterrence force, but just how much of a force it is remains to seen or at least speculated upon.

It gets even worse when you add in the question of delivery.   How many of their ICBMs will work when called upon?  How many of the unknown percentage of functional warheads are being carried by functional missiles?

All of which, in my uneducated opinion, adds up to a US ballistic missile defense system that may be far more up to the challenge than alot of people give it credit for.

The Russians sure seemed to think it was credible from all the bitching about it they did in the Bush years.

Bingo.   All of this effort has been accelerated since the invasion, so the next few years are going to rapidly deterioriate the threat that the Russian and Chinese missiles can pose.

The war has made me evaluate some of the moduling and sims on various US weapons’ ability to penetrate enemy intergrated defenses that were discounted as they were too optomisitic.

It's making a lot of people rethink some of the strategies.  Good for our side though, because we overestimated in many places so won't need as many weapons to do the job we thought would origionally be required.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 9:57:32 AM EDT
[#12]
China doesn't appear entirely confident that their small arsenal will remain a deterrent, they're said to be in the middle of a major expansion: https://nypost.com/2021/11/03/china-expanding-nuclear-weapons-force-faster-than-predicted/
View All Quotes

Bingo.   All of this effort has been accelerated since the invasion, so the next few years are going to rapidly deterioriate the threat that the Russian and Chinese missiles can pose.

That's a good thing, but also good that Japan is working on having tons of missile interceptors and a fleet of 1,000 long range cruise missiles now after watching the Ukrainian conflict.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 9:58:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: borderpatrol] [#13]
The Russian people and even their soldiers deserve better than what they have suffered for over 100 years. When you control the narrative, the citizens are blinded to reality. Whenever a Russian citizen discusses politics, I am usually overwhelmed by their feeling of impotence.

The largest and one of the richest countries in the world, is stuck in a medieval cycle of self-destruction because their leadership hates debate. Putin deserves a long and painful death as he watches the world he built disintegrate.

Link Posted: 9/14/2022 10:01:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 10:01:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By NEXT23:

We should be on war footing as far as producing arms and equipment that has been proven to work. As in accelerated as much as possible.

We should 100% preemptive strike them as soon as this whole Russia deal is over.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NEXT23:

You serious, Clark?
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 10:01:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Cope Cages aren't just for tanks (or maybe they identify as tanks).

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 10:01:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By governmentman:

Between Ukraine likely going over to NATO small arms, Russian captures, and their likely need to raise as much money as possible - I am hoping the surplus market will be interesting in a few years.
View Quote

I'm thinking plates, carriers, nods, RDS will be available at fire sale prices after the collapse of the Russian Army.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 10:03:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ServusVeritatis] [#18]

KIA only.

It does not include prisoners or wounded.

Normal estimates of the ratio of wounded to KIA vary, and they are only estimates.  But conservatively, its often 3 to 1.

If that estimate is correct, then over 200,000 of Russia’s available fighting force is dead or wounded.  

This level of loss helps explain why men aged 18 to 65 (yes, 65), are being grabbed off the streets of DonBass And other occupied territory and forced to fight for the Russians.
View All Quotes
Do the Russian loss claim infographics include prisoners taken?  Or is that KIA only.

KIA only.

It does not include prisoners or wounded.

Normal estimates of the ratio of wounded to KIA vary, and they are only estimates.  But conservatively, its often 3 to 1.

If that estimate is correct, then over 200,000 of Russia’s available fighting force is dead or wounded.  

Killed to wounded ratio for US and other 1st world militaries is 1:3.

For Russia you are more likely to die from your wounds so I’d be more conservative and say killed to wounded is 1:2.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 10:04:42 AM EDT
[#19]

Starting to use them as a countermeasure to low-end UAS dropping improved weapons on them.  Won’t do anything for a purpose-built weapon, but a 30-40mm HEDP it would provide enough standoff to prevent a turret penetration and catastrophic kill.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 10:04:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Circuits:

In Ukraine, slumbering HIMARS shift in their sleep, their noses sensing fresh prey within reach.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/14/2022 10:05:15 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By kncook:

Killed to wounded ratio for US and other 1st world militaries is 1:3.

For Russia you are more likely to die from your wounds so I’d be more conservative and say killed to wounded is 1:2.
View Quote

Many videos show Russian soldiers ignoring their fallen comrades. All for one, none for all.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 10:06:01 AM EDT
[#22]

Link Posted: 9/14/2022 10:07:26 AM EDT
[#23]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Alex9661:

Russian made weapons are still banned from importation regardless of country they are shipping from. Some weird rule they have to be in another countries possession for 20 years (or something) before they can be imported.

What it may do is light a fire under other countries to go to full NATO standard and dump all remaining Soviet design stock of theirs (Romania, Bulgaria, Moldova, other Eastern block). Including all of Ukraines Soviet surplus that they may see as junk now.

Link Posted: 9/14/2022 10:07:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Mal_means_bad] [#24]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FcntRdtXgAAgKsg?format=jpg&name=900x900
View Quote
Fury?  Did the Russians watch that movie too?
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 10:07:48 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By TxRabbitBane:

You serious, Clark?
View Quote

No, but I've heard it enough around to be like WTF....
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 10:08:17 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 10:10:31 AM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

What suppressor is on the AK?
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 10:12:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#28]
Wow, how did that even happen?

I think it's a "Tin Shield" ST-68U radar, pretty expensive and significant.

https://www.radartutorial.eu/19.kartei/11.ancient/karte059.en.html

The ST-68U (Russian designation: 19Sh6; Cyrillic: 19Ж6; NATO code: “Tin Shield”) was a medium-range 3D air defense radar in the former Warsaw Pact countries. It was designed for the detection and tracking of targets at low altitudes under conditions of active and passive interference with strong ground reflection and under difficult meteorological conditions.

The radar used a frequency-controlled phased array antenna with four different transmit frequencies and thus elevation angles. These four antenna patterns overlapped so that a fairly accurate altitude calculation was possible using the amplitude-based monopulse method. Automatic target recognition was implemented for up to 128 targets, 32 of which could be guided as continuous tracks. The radar electronics were equipped with a BITE system.

The ST-68 was added to the armament in the early 1980s and modernized to ST-68UM in the mid-1980s. NATO considered adopting this radar from former East Germany's stockpile for crisis response forces because it was air transportable and relatively resistant to jamming. However, this plan was abandoned because of imponderable supply problems with spare parts from the successor republics of the former Soviet Union.

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/14/2022 10:16:54 AM EDT
[#29]
https://euroweeklynews.com/2022/09/13/georgian-dream-party-promises-to-hold-referendum-on-beginning-war-on-russia/

Georgian Dream Party promises to hold referendum on beginning war on Russia

Georgian Dream Party, the ruling political party of Georgia, has promised to hold a referendum on beginning a war on Russia, as reported on Tuesday, September 13.
The Georgian Dream Party may organise a nationwide referendum on beginning a war on Russia according to a statement made on September 13, at a briefing at the office of the ruling Georgian Dream party by the party chairman Irakli Kobakhidze.

“Let the people say whether they want to open a second front in Georgia against Russia,” Kobakhidze stressed. And he promised that the authorities “will act as the people say.”
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 10:25:28 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By borderpatrol:

I'm thinking plates, carriers, nods, RDS will be available at fire sale prices after the collapse of the Russian Army.
View Quote

And those cardboard plates are light!
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 10:27:58 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 10:28:09 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By sq40:
https://euroweeklynews.com/2022/09/13/georgian-dream-party-promises-to-hold-referendum-on-beginning-war-on-russia/

Georgian Dream Party, the ruling political party of Georgia, has promised to hold a referendum on beginning a war on Russia, as reported on Tuesday, September 13.
The Georgian Dream Party may organise a nationwide referendum on beginning a war on Russia according to a statement made on September 13, at a briefing at the office of the ruling Georgian Dream party by the party chairman Irakli Kobakhidze.

“Let the people say whether they want to open a second front in Georgia against Russia,” Kobakhidze stressed. And he promised that the authorities “will act as the people say.”
View Quote

I hope they do it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 10:31:03 AM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

Nice Magpul 40 and handguards
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 10:31:09 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 10:31:43 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:

HOBO muzzle device?
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 10:32:03 AM EDT
[#36]

Link Posted: 9/14/2022 10:34:27 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 10:36:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#38]

Link Posted: 9/14/2022 10:40:09 AM EDT
[#39]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fcl8gFdXwAI5kJ6?format=jpg&name=small

View Quote
Well there ls the problem, they call it the "tin shield" the orcs flipped it over to use it as a shield barricade. Here is an example of their intellect that should clarify things.

How not to use jackhammer (power drill) [HD] (english subtitles)

Link Posted: 9/14/2022 10:51:47 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 10:53:48 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By sq40:

View Quote

The wording is strange. I've been wondering if this is more of a dare from somebody who doesn't want georgia to support ukraine in any way. The suggestion being that if they support ukraine the result will be getting into a war with russia. Something like that.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 10:56:29 AM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

So a Pontoon Bridge of Death is still possible?!

Link Posted: 9/14/2022 10:57:45 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By bikedamon:
Exclusive: As war began, Putin rejected a Ukraine peace deal recommended by aide

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/exclusive-war-began-putin-rejected-ukraine-peace-deal-recommended-by-his-aide-2022-09-14/

Vladimir Putin's chief envoy on Ukraine told the Russian leader as the war began that he had struck a provisional deal with Kyiv that would satisfy Russia's demand that Ukraine stay out of NATO, but Putin rejected it and pressed ahead with his military campaign, according to three people close to the Russian leadership.

The Ukrainian-born envoy, Dmitry Kozak, told Putin that he believed the deal he had hammered out removed the need for Russia to pursue a large-scale occupation of Ukraine, according to these sources. Kozak's recommendation to Putin to adopt the deal is being reported by Reuters for the first time.

Putin had repeatedly asserted prior to the war that NATO and its military infrastructure were creeping closer to Russia's borders by accepting new members from eastern Europe, and that the alliance was now preparing to bring Ukraine into its orbit too. Putin publicly said that represented an existential threat to Russia, forcing him to react.

But, despite earlier backing the negotiations, Putin made it clear when presented with Kozak's deal that the concessions negotiated by his aide did not go far enough and that he had expanded his objectives to include annexing swathes of Ukrainian territory, the sources said. The upshot: the deal was dropped.

Asked about Reuters findings, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said: "That has absolutely no relation to reality. No such thing ever happened. It is absolutely incorrect information."

Kozak did not respond to requests for comment sent via the Kremlin.

Mykhailo Podolyak, an adviser to the Ukrainian president, said Russia had used the negotiations as a smokescreen to prepare for its invasion, but he did not respond to questions about the substance of the talks nor confirm that a preliminary deal was reached. "Today, we clearly understand that the Russian side has never been interested in a peaceful settlement," Podolyak said.

Two of the three sources said a push to get the deal finalized occurred immediately after Russia's Feb. 24 invasion. Within days, Kozak believed he had Ukraine's agreement to the main terms Russia had been seeking and recommended to Putin that he sign an agreement, the sources said.

"After Feb. 24, Kozak was given carte blanche: they gave him the green light; he got the deal. He brought it back and they told him to clear off. Everything was cancelled. Putin simply changed the plan as he went along," said one of the sources close to the Russian leadership.

The third source - who was told about the events by people who were briefed on the discussions between Kozak and Putin - differed on the timing, saying Kozak had proposed the deal to Putin, and had it rejected, just before the invasion. The sources all requested anonymity to share sensitive internal information.

Moscow's offensive in Ukraine is the largest military campaign in Europe since World War II. It prompted sweeping economic sanctions against Russia and military support for Ukraine from Washington and its Western allies.

Even if Putin had acquiesced to Kozak's plan, it remains uncertain if the war would have ended. Reuters was unable to verify independently that Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy or senior officials in his government were committed to the deal.

Kozak, who is 63, has been a loyal lieutenant to Putin since working with him in the 1990s in the St. Petersburg mayor's office.

Kozak was well-placed to negotiate a peace deal because since 2020 Putin had tasked him with conducting talks with Ukrainian counterparts about the Donbas region of eastern Ukraine, which has been controlled by Russian-backed separatists following an uprising in 2014. After leading the Russian delegation in talks with Ukrainian officials in Berlin on Feb. 10 – brokered by France and Germany – Kozak told a late-night news conference that the latest round of those negotiations had ended without a breakthrough.

Kozak also was one of those present when, three days before the invasion, Putin gathered his military and security chiefs and key aides in the Kremlin's Yekaterinsky hall for a meeting of Russia's Security Council.

State television cameras recorded part of the meeting, where Putin laid out plans to give formal recognition to separatist entities in eastern Ukraine.

Once the cameras were ushered out of the vast room with its neo-classical columns and domed ceiling, Kozak spoke out against Russia taking any steps to escalate the situation with Ukraine, said two of the three people close to the Russian leadership, as well as a third person who learned about what happened from people who took part in the meeting.

Another individual interviewed by Reuters, who helped in the post-invasion talks, said discussions fell apart in early March when Ukrainian officials understood Putin was committed to pressing ahead with the large-scale invasion.

Six months on from the start of the war, Kozak remains in his post as Kremlin deputy chief of staff. But he is no longer handling the Ukraine dossier, according to six of the sources who spoke to Reuters.

"From what I can see, Kozak is nowhere to be seen," said one of the six, a source close to the separatist leadership in eastern Ukraine.
View Quote

Looks like they are going to place the blame for the Ukraine disaster directly at the one responsible--Putin.  Interesting timing and wonder about the sources who decided now is the time to break this.  Internal Russian forces are piling up against Putin and it seems to be accelerating.

Good.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 11:08:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#44]
Originally Posted By CS223:
Well there ls the problem, they call it the "tin shield" the orcs flipped it over to use it as a shield barricade. Here is an example of their intellect that should clarify things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCrn-VJmpgE
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CS223:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fcl8gFdXwAI5kJ6?format=jpg&name=small

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCrn-VJmpgE

Oh, my God.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 11:09:35 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By AeroEngineer:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AeroEngineer:

Most certainly, keep watching this space.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 11:09:41 AM EDT
[#46]
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

WTF?
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 11:10:11 AM EDT
[#47]
I keep forgetting, but I want to thank everyone who has taken the time to post the links to the reports, videos, etc concerning the war in Ukraine.  It's almost like the first Gulf War with all of the videos of bombs taking out Iraqi bridges, pumping stations, etc.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 11:12:03 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 11:12:49 AM EDT
[#49]

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/476-342.gif

WTF?
View All Quotes

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/476-342.gif

WTF?

I'm just as confused as you guys.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 11:14:53 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 5590
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2512 of 5590)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top