Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2654 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 9/30/2022 3:53:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MADMAXXX:
Any thoughts on the reality of this video?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmE4DA53oQM
View Quote

More equiment for the UA Forces?

Link Posted: 9/30/2022 4:01:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By gentlemanfarmer:

No I'd leave enough there to encapsulate them, then use psyops to get a bunch to surrender with there equipment.

In spite of what we see in the west, we are not supplying enough for this war to go for the long term. Germany, Italy, and France are already shaky on supplies. The other countries are nearing the tap out point.

Moving to encircle or press the next defensive line along the highway, moving enough reserves up to soften the diehards in Lyman, maybe a week they will surrender, especially when they start to hear about units behind them getting pummeled.

Don't get trapped in a positional battle yet. No time. Only 3-4 more weeks to make stuff happen. Lyman will fall but better to harvest that ammo and armor. Also POWs good, gets good guys back who are being tortured.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By gentlemanfarmer:
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:
Originally Posted By doc540:
If you were calling the shots....

How would you proceed now that the Russians in Lyman are encircled and their only "escape route" is covered by Ukraine assets from rifles to HIMARS?

It's YOUR call....

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/183309/patton1-2544269.jpg

Use drones to gather intel inside the pocket and hit every heavy weapon, transport and ammo stockpile I could find. Make sure they can't eat, sleep, or shoot. Then bypass but be ready for the eventual possibility of a suicidal breakout attempt.

I have no idea what resources they have to just stick a pin in them... It may also be that there's too many civilians in there to just starve them out. In which case, you intentionally leave a hole for them to squirt through, and then mash them flat when they try.

No I'd leave enough there to encapsulate them, then use psyops to get a bunch to surrender with there equipment.

In spite of what we see in the west, we are not supplying enough for this war to go for the long term. Germany, Italy, and France are already shaky on supplies. The other countries are nearing the tap out point.

Moving to encircle or press the next defensive line along the highway, moving enough reserves up to soften the diehards in Lyman, maybe a week they will surrender, especially when they start to hear about units behind them getting pummeled.

Don't get trapped in a positional battle yet. No time. Only 3-4 more weeks to make stuff happen. Lyman will fall but better to harvest that ammo and armor. Also POWs good, gets good guys back who are being tortured.

Exactly what I'd do. Getting that hardware and ammo is just as important as taking the soldiers off of the board. Maybe more so now that mobilization has officially begun.

Link Posted: 9/30/2022 4:51:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Well the bus station in Dnipro has up to 100 buses destroyed or damaged. Also hit near the shopping center, Bridge City, downtown Dnipro blowing out windows and hitting a residential area.

Attachment Attached File

The humanitarian column from Zaporozhye oblast was also attacked in the morning. 23 killed, 28 wounded. They are really stepping up the attacks on civilians.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 5:07:53 AM EDT
[#4]
View Quote

Yea its real, that channel has tons of railway russian equipment being moved
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 5:09:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Easterner:
Well the bus station in Dnipro has up to 100 buses destroyed or damaged. Also hit near the shopping center, Bridge City, downtown Dnipro blowing out windows and hitting a residential area.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/IMG-2583cd57ad1383a8c84c244cb12c04aa-V_2-2544709.JPG

The humanitarian column from Zaporozhye oblast was also attacked in the morning. 23 killed, 28 wounded. They are really stepping up the attacks on civilians.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/Screenshot_2022-09-30-11-39-44-832_com_i-2544711.JPG
View Quote

damn it!! .
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 5:47:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:

View All Quotes

From the same channel:

Link Posted: 9/30/2022 6:10:24 AM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

Fake.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 6:21:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Capta] [#8]
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 6:33:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CPT_CAVEMAN] [#9]
Originally Posted By Prime:

Russian Typhoon armored personnel carriers were spotted on the front for the first time.
https://t.me/istocni_front/8707

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/203719/57242459-64B6-4C2D-BCFE-B34B8C1E4D93-2544553.jpg
View Quote

The only 2 they have?

Along with the 82s that still have that ghetto Z hand painted on the side. They couldn't even make a stencil and spray paint it?
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 7:01:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 7:08:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Donbas is Ukraine
Kherson is Ukraine
Zaporizhzhia is Ukraine
Crimea is Ukraine

Death to every invader on Ukrainian soil. Fuck them all for the horror and death they brought to this peaceful country.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 7:12:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: iggy1337] [#12]
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 7:14:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 7:15:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Featureless:

Or someone with a long term grudge?  Because even with a kiss and make up, that pipeline isn't moving any gas.  Anybody around there hate the Russians?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Featureless:
Originally Posted By LoBrau:
Originally Posted By DonS:
Originally Posted By Jack67:

Another possible angle I’ve not seen mentioned in this thread: A suicide pact.

Theory: Putin ordered it to destroy the option of someone thinking they could bump him off and get back to business as usual.  He’s cut that option off for other elites so as to limit their options for alliance against him.  It does make a degree of sense. I saw this in another thread elsewhere, not my original idea.

Hmmm.

That does have a certain insane Russian internal logic to it.

Or someone with a long term grudge?  Because even with a kiss and make up, that pipeline isn't moving any gas.  Anybody around there hate the Russians?

No, nobody really springs to mind, they've always been good neighbors...
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 7:20:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By iggy1337:

And inbefore GD's 'The winter is Russia's stronkest weapon' forgetting how absolutly ball freezing cold in gets in Ukraine.

I would say winter gives a advantage to the side fighting on their home turf.
View Quote

Have to wonder how well equipped with winter gear they'll be. Ya, they might be used to winter when they have their civi gear and a house with a fireplace
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 7:26:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Zhukov:
Another video dropped from 1420. "Do you know that 20-50K of our soldiers have died already?" It's very interesting - make sure to watch until the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YarNZ5YKNU

View Quote

That was really insightful.  Thank you for posting that.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 7:48:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Freiheit8472:

Wonder where THAT computer came from… who else sees it?

ETA: thats an “unclassified sticker put on all dod unclass computers. Maybe some nato (or wannabe NATO) allies use the sticker, to give the benefit of the doubt .

Eeh It could also be windows or product labeling now that i look closer. Ok i should go to be and stop posting.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/539199/ACCBF1E4-236F-48F5-872C-FB81BEFA48ED-2544607.jpg
View Quote

That looks like an "Intel inside" sticker.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 7:48:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1969iggy] [#18]
View Quote

We see 50-60 vehicles on there, and it breaks in the middle.  Assume it's 5x that.  What are the daily losses for Tanks/IFV/Trucks?  I've seen several days in the last 2 weeks that saw 50+ destroyed captured.  So in 5 days of combat, they have likely killed or captured what's on that train, or more.  What difference with those make?  They are just fuel for the fire.

Do i wish they weren't going to the front?  Yes.  It will cost Ukrainian lives to destroy them all, but they will all be destroyed or captured since RU seems incapable of mounting a real defense at this point.  The few professional units seem to be few and far between, with most of them down in Kershon area, which is why the progress there has been so much slower.  Also what enabled the lightning fast advances we have seen up north.

I guess my point is, that is not a game changer even if it's a massive train.  And if you only count the equipment you actually see?  It's been destroyed in literally a day, on at least 5 or 6 different days.  The orcs just bought themselves a few more miserable days.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 8:07:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Lightning_P38:
It is a train, and it is a video, seems legit.

What I saw in the video was not a single Z, V or O on a single piece of equipment. Not sure about the foliage, but it looked green and lush, more like late spring than fall, but not sure about that.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Lightning_P38:
It is a train, and it is a video, seems legit.

What I saw in the video was not a single Z, V or O on a single piece of equipment. Not sure about the foliage, but it looked green and lush, more like late spring than fall, but not sure about that.

The last piece of armor has an O
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 8:11:35 AM EDT
[#20]
The attack on civilians this morn in Zaphorizhia is fucking sickening.. russian are nothing but pieces if shit. Worse than shit!. Putins little temper tantrum and claiming the referendums make any land he wants Russian is what a 2nd grader would do.  It's time the west officially declares them a terrorist state.  Stop being scared and just do it.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 8:11:50 AM EDT
[#21]
That looks like a “Property of US Government” sticker.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 8:15:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 8:20:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Easterner] [#23]
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:

Have to wonder how well equipped with winter gear they'll be. Ya, they might be used to winter when they have their civi gear and a house with a fireplace
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:
Originally Posted By iggy1337:

And inbefore GD's 'The winter is Russia's stronkest weapon' forgetting how absolutly ball freezing cold in gets in Ukraine.

I would say winter gives a advantage to the side fighting on their home turf.

I believe the reasoning for winter being preferable is the ability to move equipment more easily as the ground freezes.

Clothing here isn't really an issue as people are used to it, and know what to wear. I personally noticed how quickly you get tired if you aren't eating right. With an active lifestyle outdoors your battery drains quickly as your body tries to keep you warm. I imagine if the Russian troops are hungry now, they will be fucked when the temps drop below freezing.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 8:21:45 AM EDT
[#24]
Looks like Putin's circle jerk is underway.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 8:24:31 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By fisterkev:
Kings and Generals is a YT channel that produces some excellent war/battle documentaries. They've been doing a series on Ukraine and just came out with their vid on the Kharkiv offensive. Very good watch.

Ukrainian Kharkiv Counter-Offensive - Russian Invasion DOCUMENTARY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJRjKuss_Co
View Quote

Thanks for that, ill subscribe to that channel.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 8:25:57 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By gotigers:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By gotigers:
Originally Posted By Freiheit8472:

Wonder where THAT computer came from… who else sees it?

ETA: thats an “unclassified sticker put on all dod unclass computers. Maybe some nato (or wannabe NATO) allies use the sticker, to give the benefit of the doubt .

Eeh It could also be windows or product labeling now that i look closer. Ok i should go to be and stop posting.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/539199/ACCBF1E4-236F-48F5-872C-FB81BEFA48ED-2544607.jpg

It's an Intel processor sticker next to an Nvidia sticker.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 8:42:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CharlieR] [#27]
Originally Posted By MelGibsonEnthusiast:
Do you guys think mud season is going to benefit the Russians or the Ukrainians more?
View Quote

I think adverse weather conditions like that will generally favor the smarter side. Which is Ukraine.  Adverse weather conditions will give somebody an advantage but you have to use your head.

I assume mud season means wet season, and while the Russian Air Force generally sucks, now it will suck more.  

Mud makes you roadbound.  If you're in a vehicle.  In Korea, in the Winter, the US was roadbound and the Red Chinese advanced along the ridges to get into our rear.  So for example if there was a sector of the front that was forested and muddy, and noone could get vehicles there, it could become an infantry fight and that plays to the Ukrainian advantage.  This assumes the Ukrainians can do go counterbattery in those areas.

There was a book I would recommend called "The Winter War" by a guy named Trotter.  The closer you get to roads and trafficable terrain, the Red Army's tanks and artillery and supplies really hammered the Finn defenders along the Mannerheim Line.  But up north where it was forested and sub zero, it could get catastrophic if you couldn't adapt to the environment.  And generally I doubt the Russians really train for much or adapt much.  And I assume frostbite, cold weather injuries, trenchfoot, will be insane with this crew of recruits coming up.  They dont get any training, you think they'll get socks? I predict idiot recruits huddled around fires getting UAV bombs dropped on them will be a thing.

I think if you rely on air power adverse weather is bad. If you rely on tanks mud is bad.  If you log is crap and you are trying to hide off road from UAVs, driving trucks of artillery ammo across fields, mud is very very bad.   Otherwise, adverse weather gives an advantage to whoever adapts to it.  A light infantry force that knows the terrain, can interdict Russian artillery with HIMARS, and  floods the zone with UAVs wont be blitzkrieg-ing; it will be a slow slog, but could do better.  It will be better, but slower, I think.

Thinking out loud, when you think of roadbound Russians stuck by the side of the road while the Finns ski'd around them, if I was a Ukrainian I would be asking for extra wide mud tires for ATVs. And it would be poetic justice if the Finns ship them some overwhites.

I am also thinking the Finns in 1940 did a good job rotating troops in and out, as the winner in adverse conditions is teh hard guy, but you dont have to be as hard if you ca warm up and get hot food and then be hard out in the cold and mud.  I don't think the Russians excel there, either. Logistics, troop morale, giving a shiot about their troopers, Yeah, um, No.   And don't fall for this "Russian peasant" myth. Patrolling and pulling security and supervising and leading requires NCO leadership, and I don't think there's any doubt of that, either.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 8:49:27 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

From the same channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBj0Fhe70G0

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

From the same channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBj0Fhe70G0

I get a laugh out of these all the time.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 8:49:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jack67] [#29]
Originally Posted By Easterner:

I believe the reasoning for winter being preferable is the ability to move equipment more easily as the ground freezes.

Clothing here isn't really an issue as people are used to it, and know what to wear. I personally noticed how quickly you get tired if you aren't eating right. With an active lifestyle outdoors your battery drains quickly as your body tries to keep you warm. I imagine if the Russian troops are hungry now, they will be fucked when the temps drop below freezing.
View Quote

Yes, very critical.  Lots of calories are needed and water needs go up, too.  Besides the obvious pers. equip. needs, the routine sustainment needs get much higher.

When I was younger I worked a few years as a ski patroller in northern Vermont.  Outdoors all daylight hours, most all days and all weather, 20F to -30F. The calorie needs were HUGE, we ate like wolves and generally still lost weight.  Required probably double normal calories.  If they rotate troops in/out of manned lines periodically and keep up the log chain, you can keep people performing at a very high level all winter.  If you can’t get double the food, increased water, and shelter periodically, the performance will tank rapidly.

The disparity can be like a force trained and equipped for night fighting vs. amateurs.  Just like “owning the night,” one side can “own the cold.”
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 8:51:53 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 8:54:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#31]

Link Posted: 9/30/2022 8:54:51 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By fixin2:
That looks like a “Property of US Government” sticker.
View Quote

No it doesnt
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 8:58:01 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 9:00:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#34]
1 hr ago.

Link Posted: 9/30/2022 9:01:13 AM EDT
[#35]

Link Posted: 9/30/2022 9:02:01 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 9:03:44 AM EDT
[#37]

I was really hoping when I saw that screenshot Easterner posted, the rest of the family was just trapped under the rubble.

I guess not.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 9:05:33 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 9:06:42 AM EDT
[#39]
1982 Chicago Sun Times cartoon.

Link Posted: 9/30/2022 9:08:02 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By CharlieR:

I think adverse weather conditions like that will generally favor the smarter side. Which is Ukraine.  Adverse weather conditions will give somebody an advantage but you have to use your head.

I assume mud season means wet season, and while the Russian Air Force generally sucks, now it will suck more.  

Mud makes you roadbound.  If you're in a vehicle.  In Korea, in the Winter, the US was roadbound and the Red Chinese advanced along the ridges to get into our rear.  So for example if there was a sector of the front that was forested and muddy, and noone could get vehicles there, it could become an infantry fight and that plays to the Ukrainian advantage.  This assumes the Ukrainians can do go counterbattery in those areas.

There was a book I would recommend called "The Winter War" by a guy named Trotter I would recommend.  The closer you get to roads and trafficable terrain, the Red Army's tanks and artillery and supplies really hammered the Finn defenders along the Mannerheim Line.  But up north where it was forested and sub zero, it could get catastrophic if you couldn't adapt to the environment.  And generally I doubt the Russians really train for much or adapt much.  And I assume frostbite, cold weather injuries, trenchfoot, will be insane with this crew of recruits coming up.  They dont get any training, you think they'll get socks?

I think if you rely on air power adverse weather is bad.  Otherwise, adverse weather gives an advantage to whoever adapts to it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CharlieR:
Originally Posted By MelGibsonEnthusiast:
Do you guys think mud season is going to benefit the Russians or the Ukrainians more?

There was a book I would recommend called "The Winter War" by a guy named Trotter I would recommend.  The closer you get to roads and trafficable terrain, the Red Army's tanks and artillery and supplies really hammered the Finn defenders along the Mannerheim Line.  But up north where it was forested and sub zero, it could get catastrophic if you couldn't adapt to the environment.  And generally I doubt the Russians really train for much or adapt much.  And I assume frostbite, cold weather injuries, trenchfoot, will be insane with this crew of recruits coming up.  They dont get any training, you think they'll get socks?

I think if you rely on air power adverse weather is bad.  Otherwise, adverse weather gives an advantage to whoever adapts to it.

You make great points there. We generally think if it conventionally with UA being roadbound, stifling maneuver warfare and leading to a stalemate. But RU is so inflexible and dependent on roads that it should really hurt them and they no longer seem to have the artillery logistics to grind out territory. On the other hand UA has proven themselves with their ATGM teams. Add in accurate artillery, precision strikes, and SEAD/DEAD opening up the air. If we get them the Gray Eagles, that will be an additional multiplier on effectiveness. I think they can make it really miserable for the ill supplied Russians and maybe chip away at territory.

Link Posted: 9/30/2022 9:08:49 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By TapperMan:

https://i.redd.it/ypl2djuzyvq91.jpg
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dracster:

That looks like this pup from this morning. The Telegram post said grandma, mom, 12y daughter, 8y son, and another dog were in the rubble.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-09-29_09-34-23_jpg-2544226.JPG

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 9:09:44 AM EDT
[#42]
I would have to assume that following Putin's annexation of these Ukrainian territories that there will be some sort of condemnation vote at the UN. It will be interesting to see if some of the countries who have abstained from past votes against Russia will now join the rest of the world. And yes, I am largely focusing on China and India here. If you can get those two to both vote to condemn this action publicly, then Russia is going to feel mighty isolated and alone. And based on recent statements from both countries, such a vote now seems possible.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 9:10:27 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 9:10:49 AM EDT
[#44]
The Russian "winter war advantage" meme comes almost entirely from the massacre of Napoleon's Grande Armee and the narrow defeat of Hitler's invasion.  Both occurred while Russians were fighting deep within their own territory and thus had logistics of practically zero length while enemy logistics not only stretched 1,000 miles but were also infamously neglectful (or actively murderous).  When the Russians have fought in winter with the logistics advantage shoe on the other foot, such as the Russo-Japanese War in Manchuria that predated completion of the Trans-Siberian railway, or the Winter War in Finnish marshes and forests, they've been badly mauled and suffered severely from the climate.

Link Posted: 9/30/2022 9:12:37 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
View Quote

Too late. I claimed it yesterday.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 9:12:50 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 9:14:04 AM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes

Crap, your right, I'm gonna put in a claim on Russian territory today myself to grab some land.   Extra official too, written in red crayon.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 9:14:07 AM EDT
[#48]
1 hr ago.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fd5lfHcXEAYJglV?format=jpg&name=small
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fd5lfHVXoAIbG3n?format=jpg&name=360x360

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fd5oVx_X0AItRAR?format=jpg&name=small
View Quote

Dammit.
They need to find a choke point and clog it with burning vehicles. It's probably worth risking a TB2 on.

Link Posted: 9/30/2022 9:14:25 AM EDT
[#49]

That looks like this pup from this morning. The Telegram post said grandma, mom, 12y daughter, 8y son, and another dog were in the rubble.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-09-29_09-34-23_jpg-2544226.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-09-30_07-23-37__2__jpg-2544811.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-09-30_07-23-43_jpg-2544812.JPG

Link Posted: 9/30/2022 9:16:30 AM EDT
[#50]
41 minutes ago.

Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2654 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top