Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2961 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 11/6/2022 5:22:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Good morning everyone.
Link Posted: 11/6/2022 5:27:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:
Good morning everyone.
View Quote

Still awake
Fuck time changes. Atleast I'm not swatting grenades I guess
Link Posted: 11/6/2022 5:34:03 AM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 11/6/2022 5:34:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#4]
Good morning everyone.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/6/2022 5:41:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Good morning everyone.
View Quote

It's time for another coffee.
Link Posted: 11/6/2022 5:46:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/6/2022 8:19:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By absael:
Someone here mentioned the possibility of just bypassing Kherson for the time being, and going to work on Melitopol.  This sounds like a pretty good idea to me.  It seems like they should be able to cut Kherson off, and since the Russians are evacuating all the Ukrainian civilians, they're the only ones who would suffer from a blockade.
View Quote

While spit-balling strategy, how about:
- side step Kherson
- side step Melitopol
- drive for Berdainsk
- cut the land bridge
- 238km to Novorossiysk over mostly water (surprise!)
- mid way between Kherson and Luhansk
Need a mystery-munition with the extended range.
Link Posted: 11/6/2022 8:52:03 AM EDT
[#8]

Obviously, I/we dont have the intel picture of the RU defenses but I generally agree. We have seen the RU lines break or even collapse when pushed hard enough and once their front lines are punched they tend to panic and flee. Maybe the Russians have made some adjustments to prevent this, defense more in depth maybe. Or maybe there is intel that the RU has positioned some chem. warfare in the area.

Without knowing more intel, I believe that bold and daring may be safer than slugging it out in Khersan even if it's defended only by RU mobiks backed by wagner assholes on the other bank waiting to shoot anyone fleeing.

It seems to me that the UA (and the RU) like arty duels the most, especially when they have superiority, rather than true combined arms attacks.
View Quote

Our real problem here is that we are both Americans, and we tend to want to do ridiculous things like land at Inchon, send John Paul Jones to attack Scotland, bomb Tokyo with B-25s, give Patton 400,000 gallons and let him go all the way to Berlin, march from Atlanta to the sea with no supply line, throw long on 4th & 1, and attack the assembled Sioux nation with a battalion of cavalry.
Link Posted: 11/6/2022 9:06:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Prime:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/203719/61E855C8-4456-4710-9D10-EEF1BBB128D6-2589499.jpg

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-11-05/australian-man-trevor-kjeldal-killed-in-ukraine-dfat-says/101620704

Those cell towers that were destroyed about two days ago-
https://www.ukrinform.ua/rubric-ato/3608607-zsu-vidbili-vorozi-ataki-v-cotiroh-oblastah.html

On November 5 of this year, the occupiers sent messages to the subscribers of Russian mobile operators in Kherson with a warning about the alleged preparation of a mass attack by the Armed Forces of Ukraine and with an appeal to leave the right-bank part of the city as soon as possible. At the same time, in some settlements, the occupiers destroy the towers of Ukrainian mobile operators.

View Quote

That ammunition looks alot like the missile containers used for the S-300 SAM system that Ukraine claimed to hit a few days back.  Nice.
Link Posted: 11/6/2022 9:10:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#10]
Pro-Russian source, but…it is what it is. Artillery or mortar hit directly behind a vehicle.

Link Posted: 11/6/2022 9:13:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By torstin:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By torstin:
Good morning everyone.

lol, yea time changes mess me up for a week.

Link Posted: 11/6/2022 9:17:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#12]
Allegedly the unit that shot down a doodlebug a couple nights ago in Mykolaiv

LOL, beat
The TG description of the below picture says that the other side of the S-300 was already full.
Link Posted: 11/6/2022 9:19:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/6/2022 9:23:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By planemaker:

Meowitzer. That's going to be my next cat's name.
View Quote

That cat has seen some shit. Good on the Ukrainians for looking after the little buddy.
Link Posted: 11/6/2022 9:40:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Turd cutter re-arranged.

Link Posted: 11/6/2022 9:42:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By vahog:

Our real problem here is that we are both Americans, and we tend to want to do ridiculous things like land at Inchon, send John Paul Jones to attack Scotland, bomb Tokyo with B-25s, give Patton 400,000 gallons and let him go all the way to Berlin, march from Atlanta to the sea with no supply line, throw long on 4th & 1, and attack the assembled Sioux nation with a battalion of cavalry.
View Quote

And more importantly, neither of us are shivering in a muddy hole waiting on the order to attack.
Link Posted: 11/6/2022 9:44:14 AM EDT
[#17]

Link Posted: 11/6/2022 9:44:40 AM EDT
[#18]

Link Posted: 11/6/2022 9:47:44 AM EDT
[#19]

Link Posted: 11/6/2022 9:49:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By BlackHoleSon:

Still awake
View All Quotes
Good morning everyone.

Still awake

One hour plus or minus really gets to you that much ?
Link Posted: 11/6/2022 9:49:35 AM EDT
[#21]
Pro-Russian source, but…it is what it is. Artillery or mortar hit directly behind a vehicle.

View Quote

That was a VERY close impact. I bet some got hurt.

If that was from a Russian source, it would mean they captured the camera.
Link Posted: 11/6/2022 9:58:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
It would surprise everyone. Follow it up with a beach landing in Crimea
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By m35ben:
Originally Posted By theskuh:

Me too but I bet it would be a hell of a surprise for the Russians.
It would surprise everyone. Follow it up with a beach landing in Crimea

A modern incarnation of the Higgens boat for the win!
Link Posted: 11/6/2022 9:58:55 AM EDT
[#23]

If that S300 battery shot down all those drones and missiles, it would be VERY impressive. Amazingly lucky that the Russians cannot seem to get it to work as well.

*Does the RU S300 truck have pictures of schools and shopping malls stenciled on the side?
Link Posted: 11/6/2022 9:59:48 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/6/2022 10:04:51 AM EDT
[#25]
relax

intel is improving

tech is improving

international commitment is improving

better arms are arriving

winning tactics are evolving

Poland's leash is fraying

There is no way in hell Ukraine is suddenly going to become stupid and blunder into a grindfest over Kherson.

Slave Ukraini
Link Posted: 11/6/2022 10:05:11 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By JTF:

- side step Kherson
- side step Melitopol
- drive for Berdainsk
- cut the land bridge
View All Quotes
Someone here mentioned the possibility of just bypassing Kherson for the time being, and going to work on Melitopol.  This sounds like a pretty good idea to me.  It seems like they should be able to cut Kherson off, and since the Russians are evacuating all the Ukrainian civilians, they're the only ones who would suffer from a blockade.

- side step Kherson
- side step Melitopol
- drive for Berdainsk
- cut the land bridge

UA has been garrisoning troops and equipment north of the melitipol area for the last few months.  Probably waiting for ground to harden but that really would expose them if they charged to the sea.
Link Posted: 11/6/2022 10:06:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#27]

If that S300 battery shot down all those drones and missiles, it would be VERY impressive. Amazingly lucky that the Russians cannot seem to get it to work as well.

*Does the RU S300 truck have pictures of schools and shopping malls stenciled on the side?
View All Quotes

Well, if you get good intel of Russian cruise missile launches and drone sightings and you know which direction and altitude they are coming in at, that really helps a lot in intercepting them, especially with an S-300 because of the range of it's missiles, and because they were made to be integrated with other platforms to give them that extra efficiency and time to react from other platforms and sensors.

On the other hand, you keep poking out Russian radar systems with HARM missiles, you end up with S-300's doing random ground attacks and people asking what air defense doing.
Link Posted: 11/6/2022 10:08:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: stone-age] [#28]

View Quote

Shockingly similar to hog hunting in the south. Russians don't run as much. Or rat control with thermal.

Can anybody name the music?
Link Posted: 11/6/2022 10:23:10 AM EDT
[#29]
Those tires are getting worn, replace before wet and muddy season.
Link Posted: 11/6/2022 10:31:52 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 11/6/2022 10:33:52 AM EDT
[#31]

Link Posted: 11/6/2022 10:34:33 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Swampgrass:

View Quote

Loss of an hour used to make me tired for a day or 2. This change I used to love. Past few years I stay awake til 7 am. No clue what that's about. I must have angered a hindu god inadvertently
Link Posted: 11/6/2022 10:35:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#33]

This is related to the nearly 1000 dead Russian tally in a single day from a few days back.
Link Posted: 11/6/2022 10:36:55 AM EDT
[#34]

Loss of an hour used to make me tired for a day or 2. This change I used to love. Past few years I stay awake til 7 am. No clue what that's about. I must have angered a hindu god inadvertently
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Swampgrass:

lol, my problem is that I want to go to bed at the old time and get an extra hour of sleep, but something usually causes me to have to be awake much longer that night.   Then I get up at the new time, but tired because I didn't sleep as long as I would have liked.
Link Posted: 11/6/2022 10:39:54 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 11/6/2022 10:42:33 AM EDT
[#36]

Link Posted: 11/6/2022 10:45:04 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fg4r3RpX0AEI5Lz?format=png&name=900x900

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fg4pRoFXEAEU2qf?format=png&name=small

This is related to the nearly 1000 dead Russian tally in a single day from a few days back.
View Quote

What happened?
Link Posted: 11/6/2022 10:45:42 AM EDT
[#38]
This gets its own post. Not sure if I missed this, this was posted to Twitter 18 hours ago.

Much of this Ukrainian unit’s perception may have proven to be wrong tactically, but their narrative of the situation and response to it is fucking powerful.  

Link Posted: 11/6/2022 10:46:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#39]
Guys seem to have PVS-14 night vision monoculars.  Good

Link Posted: 11/6/2022 10:49:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#40]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

What happened?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fg4r3RpX0AEI5Lz?format=png&name=900x900

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fg4pRoFXEAEU2qf?format=png&name=small

What happened?

Apparently multiple foolish assaults without mechanized vehicle support in order for some commanders to get more medals.  I posted a video the other day from the area showing multiple Stugna launches with HE against long lines of close spaced soldiers marching up a road.

Russians claim to have had about 500 dead at this area in one day.

Link Posted: 11/6/2022 10:53:49 AM EDT
[#41]

- side step Kherson
- side step Melitopol
- drive for Berdainsk
- cut the land bridge
View All Quotes

- side step Kherson
- side step Melitopol
- drive for Berdainsk
- cut the land bridge
They're going to keep doing what they have been lately which is racking up high rates of enemy KIAs.  I don't believe they are going to change strategy until the KIAs go down significantly.
Link Posted: 11/6/2022 10:58:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#42]

Apparently multiple foolish assaults without mechanized vehicle support in order for some commanders to get more medals.  I posted a video the other day from the area showing multiple Stugna launches with HE against long lines of close spaced soldiers marching up a road.

Russians claim to have had about 500 dead at this area in one day.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fg40zQeXwAE0_mn?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fg40y9RXkAUtIGW?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

That’s really good to hear about Vuhledar, there was some worrying stuff coming from the Russians.  
Goes to show you, I guess.  

ETA- Russian reporter confirming Pavlovka

URGENTLY!!! DIFFICULT SITUATION IN PAVLOVKA (DPR). MARINES OF OUR 155th Brigade APPEALED TO THE GOVERNOR OF PRIMORYE OLEG KOZHEMIAKO. I am not sending a letter. Its essence was transferred to the Russian Ministry of Defense. Original in Primorye. It has been said: great losses, the inability to convey to the top management information about our high useless losses in people and technology. I have the numbers, but then it's up to the Prosecutor General's Office. The marines are asking Oleg Kozhemyako to contact the Defense Ministry to send a commission to urgently analyze the situation. There are three loud names in the letter, I know, but I don’t quote. However, I am publishing the post myself, because they have been talking upstairs about the situation in Pavlovka for several days, and the blood is pouring and pouring.
https://t.me/Sladkov_plus/6587

Link Posted: 11/6/2022 11:00:18 AM EDT
[#43]
Dude’s face at the end says it all 😀

Link Posted: 11/6/2022 11:04:33 AM EDT
[#44]
The rector of the Patriarchal Metochion at the headquarters of the Strategic Missile Forces died during a special operation
https://ria.ru/20221106/smert-1829503465.html

MOSCOW, November 6 - RIA Novosti. The rector of the patriarchal metochion at the headquarters of the Strategic Missile Forces, adviser to the chairman of the synodal department of the Moscow Patriarchate on interaction with the Armed Forces and law enforcement agencies, Archpriest Mikhail Vasiliev, died during a special operation, Bishop Savva (Tutunov) of Zelenograd told the Deputy Prime Minister of the Moscow Patriarchate in his Telegram channel.

"Another military priest died at the front. Father Mikhail Vasiliev, famous in this environment. Kingdom of heaven, eternal memory," the bishop wrote.
According to the ROC website, the priest died on the morning of November 6 in the special operation zone while performing pastoral duties.

The rector of the Church of the Great Martyr Barbara and St. Elijah of Muromets - the patriarchal metochion at the headquarters of the Strategic Missile Forces in Vlasikha ,  Moscow Region , according to the site, was born in 1971. He graduated from Moscow State University. M.V. Lomonosov and the Academy of the General Staff of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation , was ordained a deacon on March 7, 1998, and a priest on April 27, 1998.

As a priest, he participated in missions to hot spots and peacekeeping missions in Kosovo , Bosnia , Abkhazia , Kyrgyzstan , the North Caucasus and Syria . He also searched for the remains of those who died during the Great Patriotic War; for more than 20 years, the military-patriotic and search club " Ilya Muromets " has existed at his temple.
The archpriest was awarded the Order of Courage, the Order of St. Sergius of Radonezh III degree and the medal of the Order "For Merit to the Fatherland" II degree.

Link Posted: 11/6/2022 11:16:31 AM EDT
[#45]
This gets its own post. Not sure if I missed this, this was posted to Twitter 18 hours ago.

Much of this Ukrainian unit’s perception may have proven to be wrong tactically, but their narrative of the situation and response to it is fucking powerful.  

View Quote

Damn...
Link Posted: 11/6/2022 11:32:13 AM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes

Obviously, I/we dont have the intel picture of the RU defenses but I generally agree. We have seen the RU lines break or even collapse when pushed hard enough and once their front lines are punched they tend to panic and flee. Maybe the Russians have made some adjustments to prevent this, defense more in depth maybe. Or maybe there is intel that the RU has positioned some chem. warfare in the area.

Without knowing more intel, I believe that bold and daring may be safer than slugging it out in Khersan even if it's defended only by RU mobiks backed by wagner assholes on the other bank waiting to shoot anyone fleeing.

It seems to me that the UA (and the RU) like arty duels the most, especially when they have superiority, rather than true combined arms attacks.

They're in a real pickle. They have a mostly light infantry force and the terrain down south is heavily favoring mechanized units. So they need to be very careful that they don't get into a meat grinder in Kherson. Then they kick off their Kharkiv offensive, which is really this fighting force's first major offensive ever.

Looking back to our first real bloodying in WW2 during Guadalcanal and North Africa we were extremely green. And learned a lot of lessons in blood. They have the benefit of being able to phone a friend to an extent, but I think they realize they can't screw this up. If the Kharkiv offensive turned into a failure with heavy casualties and limited ground taken it may have swayed support at home and abroad. They really needed to show themselves and their allies that they were capable of taking back their land, which was a question that was continuing to pop up the longer the war was dragging on.

So I can understand why they didn't have some grandiose plan. I also think they were at the limit of their logistics. There were quite a few reports that they were continuing the advance at least partially because of the stocks of weapons and fuel captured. Thus an operational pause was required to regroup and resupply, which gave the ruskies enough time to setup the Kremina / Svatove defense line.
Link Posted: 11/6/2022 11:47:15 AM EDT
[#47]
View Quote

Something is afoot there.
Link Posted: 11/6/2022 11:54:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#48]
I handed over to the 155th brigade, but there was no answer. Here is a letter, I will hide the names:

Dear Oleg Nikolaevich. The Marines of the 155th Marine Brigade are addressing you. Once again, we were thrown into an incomprehensible offensive by General M. and his corefan countryman A. in order for M. to earn bonuses in front of the Chief of the General Staff, and A. comrade M. promised the Hero of Russia. As a result, we and the marines of Kamchatka are advancing on Pavlovka. As a result of the "carefully" planned offensive by the "great generals", we lost about ... people in 4 days killed, wounded and missing. ... percent of technology. This is just our team. The command of the district, together with A., hide this and take the official figures of losses for fear of responsibility. How they were going to capture the settlement by slipping through the landings, in which the enemy remained now destroying ours on the evacuation routes of the wounded and the supply of ammunition. In addition, Pavlovka is lower than Ugledar, from which they beat us. Oleg Nikolaevich, Primorye people! How long will such mediocrity as M. and A. plan military operations for the sake of their reports and receive awards at the cost of the lives of so many people. They don't care about anything just to show themselves. They call people meat. We ask you to turn to the Supreme Commander so that they send a commission not from the Ministry of Defense, where M. protects G., but an independent one. Let them be asked the purpose of such actions, their provision, and the results without embellishment. How much can you endure!

https://t.me/akashevarova/5815

Here is a letter on the situation of Svatovo-Kremennaya. Guys, there are hundreds of such letters. You are provoking a woman’s revolt:

“The guys have been there since October 26. The soldiers are asking to understand their situation. They are abandoned there. They are not assigned to any unit. They say that they are not on the lists from the Ministry of Defense. Colonel's wife, alas, a widow. Husband was an excellent commander, military leader. He would never have allowed such lawlessness. Where did these fuckers come from in the army? Excuse my expression. My son is 20 years old, volunteered to defend his homeland. Russian people, not "There are no words! Anastasia, you are fit for my daughters, I read you, I listen, I look, Daughter, help! You have faith, strength, a core! If not you, then who?

With prayer and with a screaming soul, mother fighter."

Tell me, great sane people, how to respond to the pain of mothers?

https://t.me/akashevarova/5817

Link Posted: 11/6/2022 11:57:55 AM EDT
[#49]

View Quote

Not sure of what happened. Maybe this unit was in the same area as those massively costly RU attacks. Pavlika? Apparently the center of a big RU push. I hope those brave UA guys made it.
Link Posted: 11/6/2022 12:00:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By YaNi05:

They're in a real pickle. They have a mostly light infantry force and the terrain down south is heavily favoring mechanized units. So they need to be very careful that they don't get into a meat grinder in Kherson. Then they kick off their Kharkiv offensive, which is really this fighting force's first major offensive ever.

Looking back to our first real bloodying in WW2 during Guadalcanal and North Africa we were extremely green. And learned a lot of lessons in blood. They have the benefit of being able to phone a friend to an extent, but I think they realize they can't screw this up. If the Kharkiv offensive turned into a failure with heavy casualties and limited ground taken it may have swayed support at home and abroad. They really needed to show themselves and their allies that they were capable of taking back their land, which was a question that was continuing to pop up the longer the war was dragging on.

So I can understand why they didn't have some grandiose plan. I also think they were at the limit of their logistics. There were quite a few reports that they were continuing the advance at least partially because of the stocks of weapons and fuel captured. Thus an operational pause was required to regroup and resupply, which gave the ruskies enough time to setup the Kremina / Svatove defense line.
View Quote

I think this assessment is accurate. Makes sense.
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2961 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top