Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2989 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 11/11/2022 8:36:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 8:39:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 8:39:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Jack67:

Between the shut down of technology transfer, increasing pressure against exports, currency limits, etc. - Russia can’t last a year w/o revolt or breakdown.  This isn’t like 1914 where economies where somewhat resilient.  It will be over within a year.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Capta:

Hard to say how long it will take, but probably not 5 years.  Whatever Russian propaganda says, Russia is in a dire fucking situation and there’s no way they can last 5 years against Ukraine with NATO continuing to supply them.  Which they will.  The Russians can keep sending totally untrained mobiks to the slaughter, and Ukraine can keep slaughtering them.  At some point the Russian army will collapse and/or mutiny.
Within 5 years Russia will probably have a lot more to worry about that Ukraine.

Between the shut down of technology transfer, increasing pressure against exports, currency limits, etc. - Russia can’t last a year w/o revolt or breakdown.  This isn’t like 1914 where economies where somewhat resilient.  It will be over within a year.

Yeah
..people said Cuba will fall
..NordKo will fall, Poo bear land will fall.

They will NOT fall....they will survive with fraud, deceit, and smuggling.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 8:40:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Freiheit8472:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 8:42:11 AM EDT
[#5]

Well… that’s not going to buff out.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 8:46:48 AM EDT
[#6]

A whole bunch of hate right there.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 8:50:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:
As hellish the battle has been in Bakhmut lately its only about to get much worse, the Russians that retreated from Kherson are heading that way. Hope Ukraine is ready for that onslaught
View Quote

The Ukrainians have committed something like 100,000 troops to taking Kherson. Now that the force of 25,000 Russians have been forcefully evicted from Kherson and the bridges across the river destroyed, a huge chunk of those 100,000 Ukrainian troops will now also be freed up to be deployed to other sectors.

If Russia sends most of those 25,000 to Bakhmut, I would imagine Ukraine could send 75,000 or so troops from the Kherson area to meet them. Russia isn't getting back across the river in the Kherson area, so there will no longer be any reason for Ukraine to keep such a large force tied down defending it.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 8:55:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Lightning_P38:
Wouldn't that also mean a lot of Ukrainian units that have been part of the Kherson offensive are now able to be moved to Bahkmut?

It is also likely the Russian units retreating aren't going to be all that well equipped and the Ukrainians are still carrying their shields?
View All Quotes
As hellish the battle has been in Bakhmut lately its only about to get much worse, the Russians that retreated from Kherson are heading that way. Hope Ukraine is ready for that onslaught
Wouldn't that also mean a lot of Ukrainian units that have been part of the Kherson offensive are now able to be moved to Bahkmut?

It is also likely the Russian units retreating aren't going to be all that well equipped and the Ukrainians are still carrying their shields?

Inside lines, more equipment, more troops > exterior lines, less equipment, fewer troops. Advantage Ukraine.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 9:06:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Even the fucking tankies are reporting it.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 9:07:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Jozsi:

Yeah

View All Quotes

Hard to say how long it will take, but probably not 5 years.  Whatever Russian propaganda says, Russia is in a dire fucking situation and there’s no way they can last 5 years against Ukraine with NATO continuing to supply them.  Which they will.  The Russians can keep sending totally untrained mobiks to the slaughter, and Ukraine can keep slaughtering them.  At some point the Russian army will collapse and/or mutiny.
Within 5 years Russia will probably have a lot more to worry about that Ukraine.

Yeah

Russia isn’t going to fall.  Putin may retire and pass the torch.  I think they will become more like Iran or Venezuela, and the Western Russians will have a degraded stabdard of living, Eastern Russians will suffer greatly and probably envy the Amish.

It’s probably going to be a time of indigent propaganda, nationalism, and a turn toward inward self sufficiency for Russia.  There probably won't be a mea culpa or any kind of attempt to reconnect with EU.  Isolation will be the norm for decades.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 9:07:47 AM EDT
[#11]

LoL, yes they understand it perfectly well. It’s why they broke all relations with the west from 1945 onward to steal and develop the tech.

And it’s that exact Cold War shadow the KGB operatives who run the country labor beneath.  It’s like 1990 never happened.  This is a desperate attempt to reset the clock to 1970 so they can just go back to the world they are comfortable with.  In a sense, Putin is the ultimate Boomer.  

Nothing to dispute Capta’s clear analysis - just expand it. The best way to think of this overall is that it’s a complete re-set to mid/late Cold War confrontation.  Putin is stuck there and has surrounded himself w/yes men who agree.  Applying Cold War doctrine, with revised boundaries, is the best way to interpret all this, as well as defeat him.
View Quote

Interesting. Many of us have been commenting about how the USSR was "defeated" in the Cold War but suffered no consequences and the same assholes stayed in power under a fascist, organized crime model rather than communist one but with the same desires and ambitions.

Apparently, Putin and the gang has been listening to GD and said "hold my beer" and busied themselves with said consequences, albeit 30 years later.  

Ironically, in 1970, the USSR had a decent chance against NATO with the two sides being largely comparable in weapons tech with the Russians having the advantage in a few places, not to mention numerical superiority. Now we are witnessing 1970's Russian tech going against 1990's US tech and the difference is stark. Imagine if Putin really fucks up and we send in 2020 tech!
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 9:08:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HIPPO] [#12]
Visualization of cell phone signals in Kherson and Dnieper river.
What dots in river doing?
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 9:14:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Zam18th:
Russian soldier: I need a disguise so no one knows I'm Russian...
*puts on tracksuit*

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FhRyLi5WQAEqgEx?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

Do they do gopnik hardbass in Ukraine?

Play the hardbass- shoot anyone who squats
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 9:16:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By sq40:

That’s a change of pace. Normally the wives don't give a fuck about their men. Only the babushkas care about their boys.
View Quote

that has been something that has stood out as an oddity in the intercepted calls. i assume it is from the wives living in a world surrounded by propaganda. or maybe it's just their culture.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 9:24:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Ukrainian troops in Kherson city center.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 9:26:21 AM EDT
[#16]
There is way too much fuss about blowing the dam and leaving the power plant without cooling water. There designed with enough capacity in the cooling system to last for months without new water being added. The cooling water is a closed loop system so evaporation from the cooling pond is your major water loss. It’s not like low lake or river level issues haven’t happened before. It’s winter so evaporation is down, I’m sure the plant load is low and it’s raining a lot. With all the droughts going on from Texas to California and you haven’t heard about plants having water issues, there’s a reason for that. We’ve drilled wells and built pumping stations and pipelines with 5-10000gpm capacity and more for issues like that.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 9:27:20 AM EDT
[#17]
WAPO page A18

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 9:30:14 AM EDT
[#18]

I know there’s a lot of work to still be done in Ukraine and I take nothing for granted.  But we’re watching history. This is the final end of the Russian Empire.  Or at least the beginning of the end.  This is the end, or at least the beginning of the end, of Putin.  There is no way he can sweep this under the rug.  Even the Kharkiv offensive was mostly just some vague territory changing hands.  This is a large Russian force getting absolutely smashed and being driven out of their biggest conquest of the war.  This is the same territory they just annexed as “Russian forever” and threatened nuclear war over.
Ukraine (and NATO) called the Russian bluff.  Now we get to see if it was a bluff.  I believe it was.
Tomorrow, Russians will wake up and see what 155s did to their sons - poor suckers who were essentially killed by their own government for a despicable, genocidal, totally unnecessary war.  There will be consequences for this in Russia.  If there are any men of honor left in the upper ranks of the Russian army, for God’s sake do what you have to do.
And a final thought for our own internal quislings who shall remain nameless.  I won’t over-estimate how prevalent they are because I know many are paid trolls or even bots.  That’s the reality of online discourse today.  But for the select few real American quislings in GD and elsewhere - you couldn’t admit you got suckered by America’s mortal enemy using domestic political hatreds, so you went all-in to sentence 44 million people to slavery or death.  You are accountable, and I truly hope you re-evaluate yourselves before its too late.
View Quote

I agree with most of what you are saying.
BUT, you are blaming some conservative idiots for falling for the Russian propaganda YET omitting all the harm and damage done by our own domestic commie-fascists. Why pretend all this happened in a vacuum? Without the constant, incessant and overwhelming lies and propaganda spread by our democrats and their media allies, some Russian trolls would have been laughed off the internet. They created this Orwellian 'up is down, down is up' world where Americans have been living making many Americans desperate for an alternative message. Our own domestic politics have prepared the fertile ground for any alternative to the lies and bullshit. You are basically blaming the "kid" for getting into trouble with the 'bad crowd' but not blaming the abusive parent who has been molesting the kid for a decade. So only our domestic commie-fascists can lie and manipulate the American left but when Russians  manipulate people on the right you lose your shit with indignation?

And I havnt heard any of your excellent analysis about how and when our democrat friends fell out of love for Russia. It sure as hell wasnt because of Ukraine.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 9:32:29 AM EDT
[#19]
nice
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 9:34:19 AM EDT
[#20]

That bridge is dead.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 9:42:56 AM EDT
[#21]

shes been fighting since day one?  shes frontline? or rear guard doing paper work?
View Quote

Could be doing anything out there. Maybe she is a sniper with 87 kills but just got back from leave. Probably a nurse or something but at least she is there while I/we are home safe...
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 9:46:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By SoCalExile:
View Quote

That's quite a sight.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 9:47:50 AM EDT
[#23]

Yeah

View All Quotes

Yeah

The people have had a taste of Western life though, so will they stand for it?
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 9:48:26 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By brahm:

that has been something that has stood out as an oddity in the intercepted calls. i assume it is from the wives living in a world surrounded by propaganda. or maybe it's just their culture.
View Quote

Probably a little of both (propaganda and cold, sinical culture) and add in some denial and wanting to calm, encourage their spouse.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 9:55:26 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 9:55:37 AM EDT
[#26]
what is Ukraines plan for crossing the river to continue its advance south? are they planning to build a permanent bridge crossing?
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 9:58:21 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 10:00:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JG_Wentworth] [#28]
I imagine that is classified, but have no doubt that the issue has been given a great deal of thought by capable and clever people.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JG_Wentworth:
what is Ukraines plan for crossing the river to continue its advance south? are they planning to build a permanent bridge crossing?I
I imagine that is classified, but have no doubt that the issue has been given a great deal of thought by capable and clever people.

cant be that many ways to cross the river...temporary pontoons, amphibiious vehicle push, paratroopers dropping out of air transports, or ultimately build a permanent bridge?
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 10:09:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
Ukrainian troops in Kherson city center.
View Quote
So much for a second Stalingrad.  

I had my doubts when the Russians tried asking guys who had been in uniform for two weeks to die in place while the regulars fled.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 10:11:33 AM EDT
[#30]

"when peace can be achieved, seize the moment."

Not sure what to make of that or a lot of what he says.  just because a deal can be made doesn't mean its a good deal.  
I'd rather he say things like we continue to supply weapons until RU abandons UA territory or their ability to project force has been completely eliminated.    At least give them something to think about.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 10:19:23 AM EDT
[#31]

Link Posted: 11/11/2022 10:19:48 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By JG_Wentworth:

cant be that many ways to cross the river...temporary pontoons, amphibiious vehicle push, paratroopers dropping out of air transports, or ultimately build a permanent bridge?
View Quote

Unless they hammer the Russians back a good ways on the left bank, they have to assume they’re in range of their tubes and any crossing they attempt will be under fire. I suspect the real push will be towards Metipol and then down /west towards Crimea vs trying to bridge the Dnipro towards a dug in enemy
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 10:20:18 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Zam18th:
Russian soldier: I need a disguise so no one knows I'm Russian...
*puts on tracksuit*

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FhRyLi5WQAEqgEx?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote
To be fare, I'm not sure a tracksuit is definitively "Russian". If he is a Russian, he almost certainly stole the suit from a Ukrainian
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 10:20:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#34]

Time lap map for this morning:

Link Posted: 11/11/2022 10:22:44 AM EDT
[#35]

Link Posted: 11/11/2022 10:24:18 AM EDT
[#36]

Link Posted: 11/11/2022 10:25:11 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 10:26:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#38]
Someone is advertising the Ukrainian Kamikazi drone boats.

Link Posted: 11/11/2022 10:27:32 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
I'm expecting a big 200 number tmw, but I don't think the biggest numbers will happen for another day or three. Will be impossible to estimate Russias 200s until they keep getting closer and closer to the Dnipro.
View Quote

Agreed
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 10:30:39 AM EDT
[#40]

Link Posted: 11/11/2022 10:32:20 AM EDT
[#41]
This might explain some of the cell phone data showing phones going down river last night.

Link Posted: 11/11/2022 10:32:42 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Prime:

View Quote

I hope the people in Russia will revolt against their government.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 10:33:32 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 10:35:20 AM EDT
[#44]

Link Posted: 11/11/2022 10:36:13 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 10:39:31 AM EDT
[#46]

Link Posted: 11/11/2022 10:40:40 AM EDT
[#47]
Latest animated map, total collapse of Russian occupation in 24 hrs.

Link Posted: 11/11/2022 10:41:23 AM EDT
[#48]

Link Posted: 11/11/2022 10:41:55 AM EDT
[#49]

Link Posted: 11/11/2022 10:43:08 AM EDT
[#50]
lol

Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2989 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top