Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3129 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 12/6/2022 5:27:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DPeacher:

The "wreckage" of the "drone" seems rather suspect to me.  I can't imagine something made of metal, weighing several thousand pounds, and moving at 400+ mph coming to a rest in less than 200 meters after impacting reinforced concrete that is 20" + thick and only breaking into two large pieces.  Something ain't quite right!!!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DPeacher:
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

Yeah, after seeing this I was thinking the Tu-160 got some damage.

More images coming in seem to show it may have been a Tu-141

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FjULU4SWAAA_xhy?format=jpg&name=900x900

The "wreckage" of the "drone" seems rather suspect to me.  I can't imagine something made of metal, weighing several thousand pounds, and moving at 400+ mph coming to a rest in less than 200 meters after impacting reinforced concrete that is 20" + thick and only breaking into two large pieces.  Something ain't quite right!!!

I would agree, but if this got shot down like the Russians claim at the airfield we might be seeing the result of that, instead of a more direct hit on the aircraft.
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 5:28:47 PM EDT
[#2]
1 hr.

View Quote

Holy shit!
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 5:28:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gODZOOKIE] [#3]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:
Interesting verbage by the SOS
View Quote

Perfect opportunity to completely destroy one of our greatest adversaries militarily which gives us the ability to focus on China and here’s Biden and co (US) once again, stepping on their pecker
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 5:30:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:
https://i.imgur.com/AjzxRlW.jpg

View Quote

Tow Matervich.
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 5:30:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
Blinken’s messaging may be more to placate the Russians than to shut down any moves by the Ukrainians.

Trying to see the positive in it, but I’m not convinced that this administration won’t fuck things up.

I hope and pray that Ukraine gets all their land back and Russia is ground into dust.
View Quote

It could be that, and we’ll step back when they’ve retaken Donbas and say “no more help” knowing there’s a good chance they won’t need it.

But I’ve been overly optimistic before.  

Link Posted: 12/6/2022 5:33:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 12/6/2022 5:34:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I think this was announced last month also.

"Modernized at the factory of the Czech company Excalibur Army pickups with 14.5-mm anti-aircraft guns ZPU-2 for subsequent transfer to Ukraine.

Most likely, these light mobile anti-aircraft installations will be primarily used by the enemy to combat Geran-2 kamikaze drones."

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 5:34:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By 1Andy2:

That's deliberate messaging to Putin that we're going to pressure Ukraine to give up Crimea.
View Quote

Yeah, maybe. But the coalition of the west has some members who are about to go into very hard times because they are willing to make sacrifices for Ukraine. They probably would prefer to hear that something other that a fight to the death is at least being considered as they never had to be part of this war if they didn't want to. It's at least respectful.
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 5:35:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Video of a Ukrainian artillery barrage in Bakhmut.

Link Posted: 12/6/2022 5:39:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#10]
We knew this but official now.

Link Posted: 12/6/2022 5:40:01 PM EDT
[#11]
That is some serious hate. Not quite regimental level but still rather large
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 5:41:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 5:42:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dillydilly] [#13]
Anyone know what would be a good 2-way radio for ZSU? My cousin just reached out to me and is asking if we could send some to them. His wife’s nephew is in Bakhmut and their stuff all got destroyed, brigade got wiped out. He’s still alive.

@gentlefarmer
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 5:42:19 PM EDT
[#14]
1 hr.

View Quote

First drones(or whatever) and now artillery. It sounds like they are on the move again. Good.
I'm still really, really, really hoping that before this war is over we get packs of robot dogs charging into russian trenches. Have you ever heard the sound a dog makes when it gets into a fight and it goes beyond fighting, it looses it's freakin' mind and it is going to rip apart everything? That insane roar-scream thing is the sound the robot dogs should make when they jump into the trenches.
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 5:42:47 PM EDT
[#15]
(Russian) "The Ministry of Defense received a batch of modernized T-72B3M obr. 2022."

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 5:45:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lorazepam] [#16]

Edit: He mentions that they "had to send their passports home" I wonder where they really are. Sure keeps them from crossing the border.
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 5:46:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Circuits:

I ain't know nuff 'bout dat. But when the Poles be rockin' 1000 K2-PLs and 300 M1A2 SEP.V3 Abrams, I bet all those Leopard 2s, PT-91s, T-72s and other stuff make their way a bit further south.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Capta:
The Poles are buying so much that I wonder if they’re really doing a shadow buy for Ukraine.  UA gets the SK stuff and Poland the US stuff.

I ain't know nuff 'bout dat. But when the Poles be rockin' 1000 K2-PLs and 300 M1A2 SEP.V3 Abrams, I bet all those Leopard 2s, PT-91s, T-72s and other stuff make their way a bit further south.

It has a lot to do with production time and localized production. South Korea claims they can have tanks delivered to Poland this year. I suppose we'll see if that happens. The next part is they will eventually be built in Poland. Poland wants to kickstart their own arms industry. They already do some stuff but clearly want to do everything. Co-producing tanks is a good way to get started.

I recall that we are sending the M1117 to Ukraine. How does this compare to the M113 in terms of armor and carrying capacity?

Obviously I assume wheels are better on road and worse off road. Just wondering how these will be used and what role they do. At least the turret is protected.
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 5:50:19 PM EDT
[#18]
"Russian propagandists publish footage of the arrival of T-90M convoys to Luhansk"

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 5:50:25 PM EDT
[#19]
View Quote

5 days of rain and living in a trench that's a swamp. Pallets are going to be the big deal in this war. We should send pallets to Ukraine.
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 5:51:34 PM EDT
[#20]

That's deliberate messaging to Putin that we're going to pressure Ukraine to give up Crimea.
View All Quotes

Sure reads that way. Ideally like everything else they put out initially maybe this will get walked back too.

All they had to do was say nothing. Nope, gotta open their mouth and screw it up.
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 5:53:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Flogger23m:

It has a lot to do with production time and localized production. South Korea claims they can have tanks delivered to Poland this year. I suppose we'll see if that happens. The next part is they will eventually be built in Poland. Poland wants to kickstart their own arms industry. They already do some stuff but clearly want to do everything. Co-producing tanks is a good way to get started.

I recall that we are sending the M1117 to Ukraine. How does this compare to the M113 in terms of armor and carrying capacity?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6b/M1117_Armored_Security_Vehicle.jpg

Obviously I assume wheels are better on road and worse off road. Just wondering how these will be used and what role they do. At least the turret is protected.
View Quote

If I was Ukraine, I’d strip the turret off and drop into 113s. The 1117 is a dog at best,
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 5:54:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Easterner:

It's amazing not much has changed despite the war. Granted we are not on the frontline and do have attacks, but the things that make it great still exist. I'm surprised to see new businesses appear when others pack up. Life goes on stubbornly. Patriotism is at an all time high.
View Quote

Good, Y'all deserve to feel good about yourselves.
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 5:57:13 PM EDT
[#23]
"Bakhmut, a hospital for wounded soldiers"

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 5:57:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By tabraha:
Sure reads that way. Ideally like everything else they put out initially maybe this will get walked back too.

All they had to do was say nothing. Nope, gotta open their mouth and screw it up.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tabraha:

Yea, the message is not helpful.

Link Posted: 12/6/2022 6:01:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lorazepam] [#25]
Originally Posted By dillydilly:
Anyone know what would be a good 2-way radio for ZSU? My cousin just reached out to me and is asking if we could send some to them. His wife’s nephew is in Bakhmut and their stuff all got destroyed, brigade got wiped out. He’s still alive.

@gentlefarmer
View Quote

For something that could be "encrypted" DMR radios are digital or regular analog. Only those with dmr radios set properly can talk to each other in digital mode. They can also work like the analog radios.  Most are using Baofengs or derivatives in analog.  @Gyprat
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 6:07:01 PM EDT
[#26]

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6b/M1117_Armored_Security_Vehicle.jpg

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Capta:
The Poles are buying so much that I wonder if they’re really doing a shadow buy for Ukraine.  UA gets the SK stuff and Poland the US stuff.

South Korea has already started delivering tanks to Poland.

https://notesfrompoland.com/2022/12/06/first-korean-tanks-and-howitzers-arrive-in-poland/#:~:text=Poland%20has%20received%20the%20first,and%20defence%20minister%20Mariusz%20B%C5%82aszczak
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 6:07:46 PM EDT
[#27]
(But wait...there's more)

Czech Company Modernizes Tanks For Ukraine With The Help Of Refugees

Czech Company Modernizes Tanks For Ukraine With The Help Of Refugees

Link Posted: 12/6/2022 6:08:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

5 days of rain and living in a trench that's a swamp. Pallets are going to be the big deal in this war. We should send pallets to Ukraine.
View Quote

We cannot afford to have that technology fall into the RU hands.
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 6:09:57 PM EDT
[#29]

It has a lot to do with production time and localized production. South Korea claims they can have tanks delivered to Poland this year. I suppose we'll see if that happens.
View All Quotes

It has a lot to do with production time and localized production. South Korea claims they can have tanks delivered to Poland this year. I suppose we'll see if that happens.

Today:

First 10 K2 Black Panther MBT and 24 K9A1 thunder SPH arrived to port in Gdynia, Poland.

@Flogger23m
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 6:11:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 6:31:05 PM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

Much better protected, less mobilt off road, very capable on road. Unsure if they bought the turrets with night vision or thermal sights but it's better than only day sights.
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 6:36:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Eat_Beef:

You're talking about giving away public money in hopes of private companies making a private profit.  How conservative.

Or do you think that the taxes on future EXTRA sales will more than make up for what we're giving away now?  That would be awesome, but please show your math.

I'm all for Ukraine getting saved and Russia getting torched, but let's not pretend this is a financial windfall.
View Quote

I did the math on this a while back. Consider that a huge percentage of the money spend in the deal goes to US persons and companies and will have taxes paid on is, then when people have to look to the US to buy effective weapons we get about 25% of everything they spend back in taxes. If US arms sales increase roughly $300B over the next decade, we are there. For scale, since 2/24 the Germans signed to buy $10B in aircraft from Lockmart and the whole world is on a spending spree.
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 6:36:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By BobRoberts:

If I was Ukraine, I’d strip the turret off and drop into 113s. The 1117 is a dog at best,
View Quote

Free turds are the best turds.
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 6:36:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By general_cluster:

Tens of thousands.  It is all so foolish and short sighted.  even if we stop pumping in material before they get Crimea back, telegraphing it is the worst idea.  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By general_cluster:
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
Originally Posted By 7empest:
Are you surprised?
Bullshit like that is going to get thousands of Ukrainians killed.

Tens of thousands.  It is all so foolish and short sighted.  even if we stop pumping in material before they get Crimea back, telegraphing it is the worst idea.  

Might be why UA seems to be adopting a “Crimea First” strategy. The Regime has been complaining for some time that Kyiv has only been telling them the bare minimum about its plans.
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 6:39:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 6:40:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Banditman:

That could be done easily with a Cresent wrench. Quietly remove the coolant drain plugs
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Banditman:
Originally Posted By stone-age:

I want to see them hit multiple transformer stations for Moscow or St. Petersburg. Repeatedly.

That could be done easily with a Cresent wrench. Quietly remove the coolant drain plugs

Capture coolant in bottles
Sell to russian mobik as flavored vodka
Profit
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 6:45:22 PM EDT
[#37]

Saw this picture and wondered what the story was, though it obviously wasn’t good. All things considered it doesn’t appear terrible.

Link Posted: 12/6/2022 6:52:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By sq40:

Same.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sq40:
Originally Posted By weptek911:

I’ve never wanted to visit a foreign country in my life as much as I’d like to see a post victory Ukraine.

Same.

UKR is on my bucket list now also . . . . .

CMOS
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 6:55:56 PM EDT
[#39]

This is just one project, but this is another clue to the kind of stuff is happening all across the board regarding precision weapons and other military systems being manufactured.   They originally wanted 210 LRASM's by 2025, but we are already years ahead of schedule for meeting that deadline, and apparently we're going to make more than they thought.  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:
In terms of whether Ukraine is impinging on the US Ability to fuck the Chicoms over Taiwan, the answer appears to be the opposite - its leading to an across the board increase in munitions purchases.

US now looking to purchase over 1,100 JASSM/LRASM air launched stealth cruise missiles per year:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FjM0Jh-UoAEg4Ea?format=jpg&name=large

Likely other long range precision fires weapons will be bumped up as well:

This is just one project, but this is another clue to the kind of stuff is happening all across the board regarding precision weapons and other military systems being manufactured.   They originally wanted 210 LRASM's by 2025, but we are already years ahead of schedule for meeting that deadline, and apparently we're going to make more than they thought.  

Awesome

I imagine the B21 + LRASM will pair nicely.

Obviously specs are secret. But is the expectation that these will reliably make it through a modern ships defenses pretty easily, or do we still need shitloads of them to spam their AA defenses until they run out of AA missiles?
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 7:04:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#40]

Awesome

Obviously specs are secret. But is the expectation that these will reliably make it through a modern ships defenses pretty easily, or do we still need shitloads of them to spam their AA defenses until they run out of AA missiles?
View All Quotes
In terms of whether Ukraine is impinging on the US Ability to fuck the Chicoms over Taiwan, the answer appears to be the opposite - its leading to an across the board increase in munitions purchases.

US now looking to purchase over 1,100 JASSM/LRASM air launched stealth cruise missiles per year:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FjM0Jh-UoAEg4Ea?format=jpg&name=large

Likely other long range precision fires weapons will be bumped up as well:

Awesome

They are much more stealthy and made specifically to go after the most modern and well defended capital ships our enemy has.  They have A.I. to plan their own route to avoid radar on the way in and can target specific areas of a ship, like the bridge and magazines.  You should not have to spam them.  You can use Naval strike missiles and Tomahawk Block 5's for other ships.
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 7:12:58 PM EDT
[#41]

Tuna with a taste for Russian Caviar...

Very cool to see the F2000 make an appearance. With its completely sealed action, it would be a good choice for the really muddy trenches. Plus just cool as hell.
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 7:28:05 PM EDT
[#42]
View Quote

The kremlin and wagner have been attempting to use Bakmut as proof that russia is taking ground. Pushing them back would be very helpful in proving to the russian people they are just losing. Nothing but losing no matter how many of them die for putin.
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 7:28:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

Today:

https://i.imgur.com/Qbdfd7A.jpg

@Flogger23m
View Quote

The K2 would be the perfect tank for Ukraine too. It has a 3 man crew, which is what they are used to operating with. And it offers good protection while still being significantly lighter than an Abrams, which makes it more suitable for Ukraine's infrastructure.
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 7:35:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: spydercomonkey] [#44]
Originally Posted By Swampgrass:

What are the bullpup type weapons?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Swampgrass:

What are the bullpup type weapons?

FN F2000. Its a modernized, forward ejecting AUG basically, built with a completely sealed action making it largely impervious to mud.

It was designed to pair with a 40mm grenade launcher and computerized smart scope, which would be powered with a battery inside the rifles stock. Sort of a "OICW Lite" - sadly this genius combo was not adopted by anyone.

Link Posted: 12/6/2022 7:36:48 PM EDT
[#45]

Holy shit!
View All Quotes
1 hr.

Holy shit!

I really wish this group of Marines could have been the trainers for the UA crews.

Link Posted: 12/6/2022 7:43:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By LesBaer45:

Wow. Is that FN FS2000 in actual use?

I guess they had a warehouse full?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By LesBaer45:

Wow. Is that FN FS2000 in actual use?

I guess they had a warehouse full?

They only show up in the weirdest places. This one started life in Libya, was stolen when the country fell, and somehow made its way through Syria and into Gaza:

https://twitter.com/calibreobscura/status/1090895399186038784
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 7:44:00 PM EDT
[#47]
They are working us over this early morning. Siren again and reports that Zaporozhye getting hit.
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 7:48:58 PM EDT
[#48]
We've all already heard rumors of full mobilization at the start of the year. And now russians are very hurt-feel because attack on mother land soil. And drones that went right through russian air defense. (SHUT UP! Russians pretend that didn't just happen. Talk about something else!) So now an actual declaration of war against Ukraine seems likely to happen sooner rather than later. And lets be honest, russian pride is not going to tolerate a loss to Ukraine until their military is in real trouble, they will just keep escalating. I have no idea if there are any people in russia who object to what is going on or if it even matters what they object to. But I expect we are about to find out how many of them are willing to send their family members to die in the mud for nothing.
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 7:51:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Zaporizhzhia region is also the work of air defense.
Enemy UAVs are in the sky.

🇺🇦New explosions reported in Zaporozhye

Continues the work of air defense in Dnipro and Zaporizhzhia.
https://t.me/war_monitor
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 7:51:56 PM EDT
[#50]
View Quote

Yes, very interesting.

Seems like the goal is a status quo antebellum, return to Feb 23 borders...
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3129 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top