Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3268 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 1/5/2023 10:16:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
Now this is interesting, Germany sent the L3 APWKS systems to Ukraine.  These are guided rocket anti drone and surface target vehicle.

https://www.l3harris.com/sites/default/files/styles/896_x_506/public/2022-04/ims-isr-vampire-product-gallery6.jpg?h=efa77c40&itok=GVhCdwAU

View Quote

I want an APKWS for my pickup.  
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 10:17:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 10:18:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#3]
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Now this is interesting, Germany sent the L3 APWKS systems to Ukraine.  These are guided rocket anti drone and surface target vehicle.

https://www.l3harris.com/sites/default/files/styles/896_x_506/public/2022-04/ims-isr-vampire-product-gallery6.jpg?h=efa77c40&itok=GVhCdwAU

My supervisor allowed me to take a prototype launcher used in testing in the field, the rocket launcher part, but I couldn't strap it to the roof of my car.

I would have made the evening news driving home like that.
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 10:19:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 10:19:08 AM EDT
[#5]

My supervisor allowed me to take a prototype launcher used in testing in the field, but I couldn't strap it to the roof of my car.
View All Quotes

My supervisor allowed me to take a prototype launcher used in testing in the field, but I couldn't strap it to the roof of my car.

Technical have gotten a lot more technical.
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 10:19:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

View Quote

Has there ever been an instance in the last 100 years when the Russians didn't lie?
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 10:21:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Russian army is really going downhill.

Link Posted: 1/5/2023 10:26:08 AM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 1/5/2023 10:27:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 10:29:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#10]
https://ukranews.com/en/news/906706-russian-fleet-lost-2-more-key-vessels-intelligence

Russian Fleet Lost 2 More Key Vessels - Intelligence

Two key vessels of the Northern Fleet of the Russian Navy - the heavy nuclear cruiser Admiral Nakhimov and the heavy aircraft carrier cruiser Admiral of the Fleet of the Soviet Union Kuznetsov, are disabled.
This was reported by Guildhall's own source in the intelligence community.

"Heavy nuclear cruiser Admiral Nakhimov of the Southern Fleet of the Russian Navy, which is under repair, will not be commissioned on time. It was established that of the elements of the onboard equipment only the navigation system is in working condition, all other equipment is not ready for operation," the reconnaissance said.

It is reported that it did not pass the necessary tests, and a nuclear reactor was not launched, as well as a radiation protection system. It has been found that the obsolete protection of graphite rods, made in 1980, is damaged by corrosion.
View Quote

According to available information, most of the quality components are absent due to the inability to produce them by Russian factories.

The intelligence also reported that another ship of the Southern Fleet of the Russian Navy, the heavy aircraft carrier cruiser Admiral of the Fleet of the Soviet Union Kuznetsov, is also in critical emergency condition.

"In preparation for moving the aircraft carrier from the dock to the factory for further repairs, it was discovered that the ship could not move under its own power. It was decided to tow the ship, but it turned out that the norm of survivability could not be sustained due to deep corrosion of the decks below the third, outer hull of the ship, as well as the presence of water in the holds. Accordingly, there is a risk that during towing the ship will capsize to one side or sink, so the towing was postponed indefinitely," the source informed.

At the same time, the report says that the crews of both ships were formed. The numerical composition of the crew of the aircraft carrier Admiral of the Fleet of the Soviet Union Kuznetsov was brought to the norm of martial law. The crew of the heavy nuclear cruiser Admiral Nakhimov was formed and is preparing to arrive on the ship.

View Quote

It is worth noting that the heavy cruiser Admiral of the Fleet of the Soviet Union Kuznetsov is the only carrier cruiser of the Northern Fleet of the Russian Navy, and the heavy nuclear cruiser Admiral Nakhimov is one of the three missile cruisers of the Northern Fleet of the Russian Navy.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 10:31:15 AM EDT
[#11]
I could definitely surrender to this unit, and I'm not russian!

Link Posted: 1/5/2023 10:32:08 AM EDT
[#12]

Now do a mobnik.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Prime:

PMC Wagner shows all the equipment of an American mercenary killed in action in Artmovsk.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FltRTCXXkAE9fOl?format=jpg&name=large

Now do a mobnik.

I think we all know what a rusty AK and a pink rubber band looks like.
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 10:35:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 10:37:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#14]
Featuring Ukrainian pointer guy.  Bakhmut area, attack happened yesterday.

Link Posted: 1/5/2023 10:40:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Updated video on adapters for the APKWS system on other vehicles.

Link Posted: 1/5/2023 10:41:17 AM EDT
[#16]
On his birthday, the head of the GUR Kyrylo Budanova cut Russia 🔥

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/203719/2837F081-16AB-4BEA-A900-5A3A0756CEEF-2661008.jpg

https://t.me/operativnoZSU/67994
View Quote

Apparently this guy has a map in his office showing Russia sliced and diced. Russia supporters were much triggered.
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 10:41:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Point blank tank assault.

View Quote

Thats some WarThunder stuff there.
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 10:43:25 AM EDT
[#18]

Link Posted: 1/5/2023 10:46:36 AM EDT
[#19]

Link Posted: 1/5/2023 10:47:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Anyone have the link to the OSINT evaluation where the Russian guy shared a bunch of pictures on VK from a country club in occupied donetsk that got Himars'ed?
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 10:48:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Posted yesterday, but much shorter video for those interested.

Link Posted: 1/5/2023 10:53:10 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Lightning_P38:
The Russians wouldn't dress up one of their own and have them pretend to be a dead enemy, would they?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By theskuh:

looks legit otherwise. Nice gear.
The Russians wouldn't dress up one of their own and have them pretend to be a dead enemy, would they?

They could but its folly to pretend only Russians are getting killed and their positions overrun out there.
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 10:54:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:
Anyone have the link to the OSINT evaluation where the Russian guy shared a bunch of pictures on VK from a country club in occupied donetsk that got Himars'ed?
View Quote

Here you go.

Link Posted: 1/5/2023 11:00:41 AM EDT
[#24]

Here you go.

View Quote

Thanks fam
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 11:05:55 AM EDT
[#25]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FltuYg3XoAM0B-6?format=jpg&name=medium
View Quote

That's also going to lead to armed cruise missiles spending a whole lot of time flying over their own territory hoping they don't crash.
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 11:07:45 AM EDT
[#26]

That's huge because it means Russia is stealing from export sales to backfill losses in their own forces.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SoCalExile:
First T-90S killed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1BE806grG0

That's huge because it means Russia is stealing from export sales to backfill losses in their own forces.

It was reported a couple months ago when some India-pattern T-90s were spotted in occupied territory.
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 11:10:54 AM EDT
[#27]

They could but its folly to pretend only Russians are getting killed and their positions overrun out there.
View All Quotes

One can do a reverse image search and see that....

Attachment Attached File

...they just took a photo that was posted and put their own "Russia stronk" spin on it.  
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 11:11:34 AM EDT
[#28]
Estonia is drafting enabling legislation to start transferring Russian assets seized to Ukraine. Should be a large wave across Europe shortly.

IMO, the biggest value is in establish the fact of reparations, not the absolute $$ value now.  This has been a contentious issue in some people’s minds, but it’s going to be a real weapon in hammering out a peace later, or driving a future weakened Russia to the table.

Link Posted: 1/5/2023 11:19:21 AM EDT
[#29]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/66085/Untitled_jpg-2661187.JPG

...they just took a photo that was posted and put their own "Russia stronk" spin on it.  
View All Quotes

I was looking for that post, thanks!  
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 11:27:17 AM EDT
[#30]
Good opinion piece in The Hill regarding strategy for ending Ukraine conflict.

here’s a way to end Putin for good
Opinion by Yulia Latynina, opinion contributor j

The long-predicted Ukrainian counteroffensive on the Zaporizhzhia front, or, rather, on Russia’s land bridge to Crimea, is currently stalled because of winter mud, but the whole Russian position along the Black Sea is hopeless.

There’s a way to end Putin for good

© Provided by The Hill
It’s basically a strip of steppe along the coast, 150 miles long and 60 miles deep, with no natural obstacles and no road network for prolonged defense. Most of it is already within the reach of HIMARS, and the rest will be soon within the reach of other armaments.

Strategically it is just as untenable as Kherson, and the Russian general staff is perfectly aware of the fact.

This is why they are digging trenches at the entrance to the Crimea peninsula. This is also why there is talk about attacking Kiev from Belarus. With a hopeless position, you have just two options: an armistice or an offensive in some other place in order to divert the enemy’s forces.

The mud is the sole reason Ukraine is not advancing right now; it may well last until spring, but sooner or later the land bridge will be cut in two, leaving Russia with two heavily fortified territories captured from Ukraine: Crimea and Donbas.

It is crucial for the world, Ukraine and Russia what comes next.

Basically, there are two possible outcomes.

First: The U.S. gives Ukraine enough weapons to free Crimea and Donbas. This would be a blow that Putin would hardly survive. Putin’s regime falls, succeeded either by a civilian administration with the likes of Russian prime minister Mishustin, or Moscow mayor Sobyanin, who were careful not to exhibit too much enthusiasm for the war, or — more likely — by a short-lived junta. The first is preferable, but any of Putin’s successors would be keenly aware of the fact that the only option to survive is to sign a peace deal, acknowledge Ukrainian territorial integrity, and try to restore relations with the free world.

The most important point is that the future Russian government would not have to cede control over Crimea or Donbass — a move that could undermine its legitimacy with the Russian electorate: because they would already be gone, lost by Putin and his corrupt regime and inefficient army.

This scenario is a win for everybody. Ukraine gets back its territory and asserts its well-earned place as a Western ally, a new regional power and one of the lawful inheritors of the breakup of imperial Russia.

Russia, like Germany or Japan after the World War II, gets a chance to remake its future.

Related video: Putin isn't 'particularly worried' about the costs imposed on his military, professor says (CNBC)

And it is amply demonstrated to other dictators — like China’s Xi Jinping or Turkey’s Recep Tayyip Erdogan — that the present world order stands; that it is inadvisable to resort to force, and that war creates problems for a dictator rather than solving them.

Ukraine is willing to use these weapons and to take back what is lawfully theirs. It’s a clear bargain — Ukrainian blood, U.S. weapons. Rarely has there been a military investment that involved such high stakes, was so bloodless for the investor, and promised such high returns.

The other option is totally dystopian. The U.S. does not supply enough weapons to take Crimea, and — especially — Donbas, for Donbas is joined at the hip with mainland Russia. It is a front with 5,000 miles of strategic depth til Vladivostok — and is much harder to take than an isolated (albeit heavily fortified) peninsula.

Putin, through propaganda and unbridled violence, keeps his stranglehold over Russia. He goes on with the war. For the last two months, he advanced at Bakhmut by several miles, spending thousands of corpses per mile. So, what’s the problem? He can mobilize wave after wave; he already indicated that he is willing to spend the lives of 300,000 Russians.

Putin can spend 100,000 corpses per year; he can spend 10,000 per year, he can even cut it down to a couple of thousand. He doesn’t need an armistice. What he really needs is a pretext to mobilize the population.

Russia would turn into a giant HAMAS, occupying one ninth of the Earth’s surface, only instead of Qassams, it launches from time to time an X-101, with its range of 3,000 miles. Putin’s brand of Nazism, which is now mostly TV and superficial, would seep in and become the religion of future Russian generations. The whole region would become mired in national hate, for hate is the feeling that rarely remains unreciprocated.

The U.S. and Europe would gradually tire of supporting Ukraine, for its economy would be unable to function properly under a constant military threat, and it is hemorrhaging brains and resources. Both Xi and Erdogan would learn that aggression pays, and they would likely embark — in their own time — on the conquest of Taiwan and Syria.

In short, the whole region would turn into the Middle East (or the Balkans before World War I), ready to blow up at any minute in nuclear conflagration, with a rabid and destitute population.

Which of the options should the U.S. choose?

I’d say it’s quite evident.

It is true that Putin is threatening a nuclear strike — but it is Ukraine he is threatening, and Ukraine is willing to take the risk. It’s hard to say how valid Putin’s threats really are, but one thing can be said for sure: In the second scenario, he would become more — not less — dangerous, and the nuclear risk would go up, not down.

It is also true that Putin tries to frighten the U.S. with the chaos that could follow his demise. The answer here is the same: The longer he stays in power, the higher the chances of total chaos after his collapse. All the consequences will be more — not less — severe. It is true that they will come later — for the next president, say — but is that really a responsible way to make a decision?

Ukraine is risking everything — not just to defeat Putin, but to preserve the current world order based on right, not might, and on the hegemony of the U.S. as the supreme arbiter of that right.

It’s easy to see which path to take.

Yulia Latynina, a journalist, worked for Echo of Moscow radio station and the Novaya Gazeta newspaper until they were shut down as part of the current war in Ukraine. She is a recipient of the U.S. State Department’s Defender of Freedom award.
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 11:29:20 AM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

Haha.
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 11:29:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jack67] [#32]
Russia is unilaterally imposing a ceasefire for Orthodox Christmas:

Next Up: Russia propagandizing of ceasefire violations and how Ukraine is ant-Christian.

ETA: Ukraine, via President’s spokesman, already rejected the ceasefire:

https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2023/01/5/7383655/

However, the Armed Forces of Ukraine are not going to cease fire to celebrate anything until Russia withdraws its troops from the sovereign territory of Ukraine.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 11:33:36 AM EDT
[#33]
Pooty is quitting.
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 11:34:44 AM EDT
[#34]

PMC Wagner shows all the equipment of an American mercenary killed in action in Artmovsk.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FltRTCXXkAE9fOl?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote
I believe that was put out by a guy that worked for Magpul or similar individual years ago to showed all the equipment one would carry.
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 11:35:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4xGM300m] [#35]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:
Odd that there's no blood

I saw this picture days ago with another caption, I go with BS.

Searched half an hour, couldn't find it. Damn.

Too late. But no freeloading.

An animation was made about the "HIMARS" attack on the Russian military base in Makiivsk.

Link Posted: 1/5/2023 11:39:40 AM EDT
[#36]
Putin orders ceasefire? FoxNews. Just more talk or any meaning? Can’t imagine it will change Ukraines actions
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 11:41:27 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

An animation was made about the "HIMARS" attack on the Russian military base in Makiivsk.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:
Odd that there's no blood

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 11:42:06 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Jack67:

Next Up: Russia propagandizing of ceasefire violations and how Ukraine is ant-Christian.

View All Quotes

However, the Armed Forces of Ukraine are not going to cease fire to celebrate anything until Russia withdraws its troops from the sovereign territory of Ukraine.

Good. It won’t work. Putin just wants it to prepare the next missile barrage
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 11:43:02 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By USMC88-93:
I believe that was put out by a guy that worked for Magpul or similar individual years ago to showed all the equipment one would carry.
View Quote

I see at least a few Hexmags, so I don’t think magpul.  ;)

Looks like some propoganda stunt, but I don’t know at all.
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 11:45:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sq40] [#40]
Documentary on the defense of Ukraine’s Hostomel Airport..  

The Hidden Battle that Saved Ukraine
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 11:58:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Mal_means_bad] [#41]
Forecasts say the cold weather rolls in on the 6th, and a new Ukrainian offensive is widely expected as soon as the mud freezes.  There are many indications the Russians are short of ammo, if they're really badly off a unilateral holiday ceasefire could be an excuse to conserve ammo so they can build up a small stockpile to try to blunt the offensive with.  They'd rather see the mobik attrition rate double for a few days under unanswered fire, and maybe score a couple PR points while they're at it, than run clean out of shells after a few hours heavy fire defending against an offensive and suffer a major breakthrough as a result.

Edit: alternately, it could be an excuse to stockpile ammo for their own offensive after the mud freezes
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 12:13:19 PM EDT
[#42]

View All Quotes

Does anyone take this seriously?  (the ceasefire, not the predictions of anti-Christian sentiment.
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 12:24:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#43]
Originally Posted By general_cluster:

Does anyone take this seriously?  (the ceasefire, not the predictions of anti-Christian sentiment.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By general_cluster:

No one who has been following as closely as we are here should, but I know people that will invariably bring this issue up to me saying that Ukraine won't do the honorable thing and go for a ceasefire when it's offered.

This will be the next set of Russian talking points during the Orthodox Christmas holiday.  But why is the attacker calling for a cease fire?   Should be the next question.
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 12:28:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 12:28:52 PM EDT
[#45]

Link Posted: 1/5/2023 12:29:46 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 12:34:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By NE223:

Has there ever been an instance in the last 100 years when the Russians didn't lie?
View Quote

I don't think a Russian could tell the truth if you held a gun to his head.
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 12:34:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: weptek911] [#48]
View Quote

***edit I can see it’s been answered already*****

It’s a stolen picture repurposed by Russian propaganda to show a purportedly dead American. This was a photo by a live guy to show his own gear. This was a social media trend a while back for soldiers to lay all their gear out like the GI Joe gear of my childhood.
   The desperate for a win Russians are lying…again.
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 12:41:08 PM EDT
[#49]
View Quote
Hopefully Ukraine laughs in HIMARS
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 12:46:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3268 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top