Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3295 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 1/10/2023 11:05:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By lorazepam:

They may have been, but the people of Ukraine threw the govt out after blatantly fucking them over on the EU trade deal. They had their line in the sand and the balls to back it up.
They have way more balls than Americans.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By R0N:

So Euromaaiden was the only color revolution the CIA was not involved in?

They may have been, but the people of Ukraine threw the govt out after blatantly fucking them over on the EU trade deal. They had their line in the sand and the balls to back it up.

A lot of people can't grasp the concept that there are people in this world that aren't afraid to leave the comfort zone and do something to bring about changes. People here are sick of any corruption. Many of the youth leave for places like Poland to work. Of course they want to be a part of Europe and have more opportunities here at home. They made that clear in Maiden.

When this war really kicked off i was overwhelmed to see how many people showed up to volunteer. The military office was packed, the park that became a volunteer center was packed. It was full of cars and trucks full of donations of clothes and food, thousands of people, classes on making Molotovs, people volunteering to serve. Despite what was happening, it was the most calm and organized effort. I was truly shocked how everyone kept their heads. It is a stark difference from what I would expect in America these days.

I love America, but many Americans have become too comfortable. They show this in their disbelief, that people exist in this world that will stand up for their beliefs.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 11:06:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fl9E9WXXgAIfd6H?format=jpg&name=4096x4096
View Quote
Switchblade out and Dragonfly in

AV needs to produce an inexpensive attack drone.  Switchblade has its use but not for inexpensive drone bombs
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 11:11:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 11:14:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Unfortunate watermark on 2 Ukrainian FPV Kamikaze drone attacks on Russian trenches.

Link Posted: 1/10/2023 11:17:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#5]
Originally Posted By Chaingun:

AV needs to produce an inexpensive attack drone.  Switchblade has its use but not for inexpensive drone bombs
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Chaingun:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fl9E9WXXgAIfd6H?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Yea, the Polish offering here seems to cater to another tactic.  These look like much larger and identical warheads as their "Warmate" loitering drones, and the Ukrainians are already using FPV drones.  These are more dedicated offerings.  I like the Red Fuel Air Explosive warhead on the right, interesting choices for offer.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 11:18:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Easterner:

Їбаш = "Fuck You"
View Quote

I would translate it as "Fuck them up" as in a phrase "Private Petrenko, go and fuck them up".
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 11:20:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Alex9661:

I would translate it as "Fuck them up" as in a phrase "Private Petrenko, go and fuck them up".
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Alex9661:
Originally Posted By Easterner:

Їбаш = "Fuck You"

That makes sense. Thanks for the proper adjustment to my translation.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 11:24:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 11:25:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Ruck:

I'm still trying to figure out why it's a bad thing if the US was involved in a pro-Democracy movement that resulted in Russia being marginalized and pushed out of a country they were surreptitiously trying to turn into a puppet state.

Haven't we cheered for the US to be involved with supporting the pro-Democracy movement in Iran when those people have risen up in the past against the religious ruling class? We've seen that in the last year even but, it's suddenly bad when it involves Ukraine? That doesn't make any sense.
View Quote

I would agree if we then followed up and supported Ukraine instead of sending blankets and "good luck" gestures.

IF the US had a hand in Maidan it was minor and the motivation was likely to facilitate grift and corruption for our political class rather than starting budding new democracy to stand against the globalist utopia.

I share R0N's cynicism about US foreign policy, especially during the FBHO and Xiden Admin's where nothing was done for the betterment of US or foreign democracies. But Russia "caused" the Maidan revolution 100X more than any CIA Op.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 11:27:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By gentlemanfarmer:

Nammo or RUAG one has a nasty stackable grenade that can be timed and scaled. I suggested looking into it in feb to friends with SSO. Nothing owned by the Swiss was allowed to be sold. Because Ukraine is a civil war bullshit. I’m sure the banking industry has nothing to do with it.
View Quote

Fucking Swiss BS.

I'd settle for a few million of those little golf ball ones. M40? And even they are older 1960's tech.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 11:28:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jack67] [#11]
Originally Posted By burnka871:
I wanna know more about today's boat kill
View Quote

I believe it was a smaller river craft; associated with taking back a small bit of Potemkin Island opposite Kherson. Just catching up on the news and I’ll try to find a link.

ETA: Here is press release from Ukrinform. Mentions “strike” but not sink:

https://www.ukrinform.net/rubric-ato/3649768-ukrainian-forces-hit-russian-boat-near-bilorudyi-island-in-the-dnieper.html

This is the Dnipro Delta with Bilohrudiv Island circled.  Probably hit in the stretch of the Dnipro noted by the arrow.  There have been amphibious ops on these island back and forth for a few weeks with increasing activity. Potemkin Island is the next one upstream, and has been the main focus of the activity.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/10/2023 11:30:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ITCHY-FINGER] [#12]

To me, supporting movements around the world that want more friendly democratic governments is exactly what Ronald Reagan encouraged and supported.  Makes sense to me to support foreign entities that want to remove their dictatorships and Communist backed governments for more Western friendly ones.
View Quote

But all we commit to is lip-service. Yeah "rise up and cast of the yolk of your oppressors but dont expect any military aid from the USA".

I'm still reminded by my Hungarian family about the 1956 revolution in Hungary, inspired by Kenndy's speech 'support all allies against any foe' but in the end it was all bullshit and the West was afraid of provoking Russia again and no follow up help came.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 11:32:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Dracster:
I posted this back around pg 400. It'll give you an idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8x8ITwd4Vg
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dracster:
Originally Posted By XJ:
Originally Posted By Zhukov:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZlxDFRQ0KQ

30s "time to scoot" question:  given say median range and projectile flight time, would this be off the X before impact?
I posted this back around pg 400. It'll give you an idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8x8ITwd4Vg

Yeah it's an old video but watching that never get's old for me.

Need around, say 500 in UKR with ammo / support. Should make things interesting.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 11:33:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Banditman:

I bet they could easily be flooded.
View Quote

Hopefully quickly and after the ruskies move in and fill the place up with mobiks, munitions, and gear.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 11:49:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

But all we commit to is lip-service. Yeah "rise up and cast of the yolk of your oppressors but dont expect any military aid from the USA".

I'm still reminded by my Hungarian family about the 1956 revolution in Hungary, inspired by Kenney's speech 'support all allies against any foe' but in the end it was all bullshit and the West was afraid of provoking Russia again and no follow up help came.
View All Quotes

To me, supporting movements around the world that want more friendly democratic governments is exactly what Ronald Reagan encouraged and supported.  Makes sense to me to support foreign entities that want to remove their dictatorships and Communist backed governments for more Western friendly ones.

I'm still reminded by my Hungarian family about the 1956 revolution in Hungary, inspired by Kenney's speech 'support all allies against any foe' but in the end it was all bullshit and the West was afraid of provoking Russia again and no follow up help came.

I certainly agree with you, those words have to be backed up in actual material support, not lip service.  Trust is slowly earned over time, and not backing up what we say we are going to do hurts us more than most realize.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 12:01:05 PM EDT
[#16]

View All Quotes

I recommend units with night vision gear.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FmGxLI4XgAAkws5?format=jpg&name=small

5 hrs ago.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FmGUo51XwAESL0K?format=jpg&name=medium

My thoughts too, but it would take a sizable lake or diverted river, and they would be lost forever.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 12:02:54 PM EDT
[#17]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By R0N:

So Euromaaiden was the only color revolution the CIA was not involved in?

I agree. They have the backbone we once did. Im both happy to see it alive and well in a people, and depressed that my own people have lost it.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 12:07:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 12:07:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By sq40:

My thoughts too, but it would take a sizable lake or diverted river, and they would be lost forever.
View All Quotes

5 hrs ago.

The Lake Peigneur disaster in 1980 comes to mind. But yeah, the destruction of the resource negates the gain. Better off retaking it by military force as soon as possible before the Orcs decide to destroy it instead of surrendering it.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 12:08:27 PM EDT
[#20]

I agree. They have the backbone we once did. Im both happy to see it alive and well in a people, and depressed that my own people have lost it.
View Quote

maybe / maybe not

you cant forget that support for ANY policy decision is never close to unanimous.  research support levels for the War for Independence, WW2, etc.  it was by no means 'universally popular' to get involved.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 12:11:01 PM EDT
[#21]

View All Quotes

We have really fucked up opportunities to make the world a better place with foreign policy and support. Many times we were far too myopic, just as the GOP is now.

So many mistakes over the last century…

Hell, Ho Chi Minh desperately want the US on his side early on, and tried like hell to get President Wilson to work with him, and it would have likely steered him away from communism all together.  
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 12:23:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Prime:

This has an air of China knowing what's up, but if someone wants to actually watch this and work on their Chinese that'd be great.

https://tv.cctv.com/2023/01/10/VIDEEgvriyEsj9fExO0EWxfJ230110.shtml?spm=C28340.P3GbPoIN6ktz.Ei1cdgvmaht5.11

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/203719/China_JPG-2667163.jpg
View Quote

Just evaluating the technical aspects of helo and the missle that downed it - verbal version of what everyone in this thread is doing
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 12:31:35 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

Well, many "Americans" are voluntarily having their balls cut off.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 12:31:41 PM EDT
[#24]

We have really fucked up opportunities to make the world a better place with foreign policy and support. Many times we were far too myopic, just as the GOP is now.

Hell, Ho Chi Minh desperately want the US on his side early on, and tried like hell to get President Wilson to work with him, and it would have likely steered him away from communism all together.  
View All Quotes

The US has been mediocre at forming long term strategic goals and has only gotten worse as the chasm between the parties has widened. As you mention this event is a great example of what should be an ideal incidence of national unity but is instead seized upon by politicians looking for short term payoffs at the ballot box rather than what's beneficial to the nation as a whole, long term.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 12:47:20 PM EDT
[#25]

I'm still reminded by my Hungarian family about the 1956 revolution in Hungary, inspired by Kenndy's speech 'support all allies against any foe' but in the end it was all bullshit and the West was afraid of provoking Russia again and no follow up help came.
View Quote

That line was from his inaugural address in 1961--the year he became president.  Time travel?
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 12:48:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Drone dropping a container of sugar to a Ukrainian soldier.

Link Posted: 1/10/2023 12:50:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#27]
This does make we wonder if Ukraine is going to get M1's eventually.

Link Posted: 1/10/2023 12:52:36 PM EDT
[#28]
17 min ago.

Link Posted: 1/10/2023 12:53:22 PM EDT
[#29]
View Quote
Did State say that in response to something, or was it unsolicited?
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 12:57:08 PM EDT
[#30]

View All Quotes

5 hrs ago.

Better to collapse the entrance.   Then after retaking the mine dig it out and you have a stockpile everything the Russians thought was worth hiding from HIMARS.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 12:59:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 12:59:37 PM EDT
[#32]
China is officially distancing itself from Russia, and calling Ukraine to win the war;

https://www.ft.com/content/e592033b-9e34-4e3d-ae53-17fa34c16009

The starting point for Xi's diplomatic reset is a re-evaluation in Beijing about the benefits of its close relationship with Moscow.

China now perceives a likelihood that Russia will fail to prevail against Ukraine and emerge from the conflict a "minor power", much diminished economically and diplomatically on the world stage, according to Chinese officials.

In addition, for all the public professions of bilateral amity, in private some Chinese officials express at least a measure of mistrust towards Putin himself.
___

"Putin is crazy," says one Chinese official, who declined to be identified. "The invasion decision was made by a very small group of people. China shouldn't simply follow Russia."
___

From a diplomatic perspective, China's main aim is to improve relations with some countries in the west, after a period which has at times left Beijing feeling uncomfortably isolated. The focus is on ties with Europe, which have been badly damaged by China's support for its partner Russia throughout Moscow's war against Ukraine.
___

As it seeks to repair ties with European powers, Beijing is insisting that its European counterparts agree to repeat a "no decoupling" mantra   marking a clear difference with Washington, which is seeking to limit US commercial ties with China in certain areas, particularly with regard to sensitive technologies.

"China has realised that it has antagonised too many countries at the same time, particularly among developed countries which still today are its main trade and economic partners," says Jean-Pierre Cabestan, a China expert at Hong Kong Baptist University.

"So it is trying very hard to reach out to the EU and key European nations   Germany, France, Italy and Spain   as well as America's Asian allies, such as Japan and South Korea and US partners such as Vietnam."

The EU is China's biggest trade partner and Beijing runs a huge trade surplus with the bloc. Similarly, several of Europe's leading companies rank among China's biggest foreign investors.

View Quote

They are securing their economic interests and positioning themselves for massive post-war investment in Ukraine. We better be ready for it.

Link Posted: 1/10/2023 1:00:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Mal_means_bad:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mal_means_bad:

I think it was unsolicited, just a warning that any aid from China to Russia for use in Ukraine would make this happen.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 1:03:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jack67] [#34]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FmFHjR6WQAEUZo_?format=png&name=900x900

View Quote

But to be fair, we’ve been rotating Abrams through Poland for training for six years now, and the first sale of them to Poland was before the 2022 invasion.  So it would make it easier, but isn’t an indicator IMO.  1AD deployed M1s to Poland for the first time six years ago today, coincidentally.

https://www.army.mil/article/180520/atlantic_resolve_first_us_m1a2_main_battle_tanks_in_poland

(And fresh off the boast in desert paint scheme, too)
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 1:16:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By 4thUSMC:

Well, many "Americans" are voluntarily having their balls cut off.
View Quote

There have always been a small number of circus freaks doing stupid shit. Watching the news, and retweeting, sharing on facebook and other media just exposes it and makes it seems like more than is really there.
The stuff coming out on twitter is of the same magnitude that set the Ukrainians off, probably worse. Yet here we sit, and I am getting way too old to make much of a difference.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 1:27:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 1:32:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: zx2man] [#37]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8CodGWSohI

Joe Rogan interview clip with Peter Zeihan- geopolitical strategist, speaker, and author.

Headline is nukes, but the conversation is more general and I found interesting.

Link. ^^^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbFt7DmpGZ0
^^^ and another one while we are at it.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 1:37:00 PM EDT
[#38]
For those interested, Dimitry translated the thermal drone video from yesterday of the Special forces clearing trenches from the Russians in Bakhmut.

Link Posted: 1/10/2023 1:48:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#39]
33 min ago.

Link Posted: 1/10/2023 1:53:18 PM EDT
[#40]
My point on the Maidan thing is that it was organic. I did live in Ukraine under his rein, he was an obvious siloviki robber baron. Could barely speak Russian never mind Ukrainian. I only can remember two who thought he was strong early on.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 1:53:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By 7empest:

100% this

Churchill's speech comes to mind

"What is the answer that I shall give, in your name, to this great man, the thrice-chosen head of a nation of a hundred and thirty millions? Here is the answer which I will give to President Roosevelt: Put your confidence in us. Give us your faith and your blessing, and, under Providence, all will be well.

We shall not fail or falter; we shall not weaken or tire. Neither the sudden shock of battle, nor the long-drawn trials of vigilance and exertion will wear us down. Give us the tools, and we will finish the job."

Winston Churchill
February 9, 1941
Broadcast from London
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ricko1:
Anyone else tired of hearing "US planning to send......  Germany considering to send......  England discussing whether to send.....  Poland contemplating on sending......."

Just shut the fuck up and send it already!  

100% this

Churchill's speech comes to mind

"What is the answer that I shall give, in your name, to this great man, the thrice-chosen head of a nation of a hundred and thirty millions? Here is the answer which I will give to President Roosevelt: Put your confidence in us. Give us your faith and your blessing, and, under Providence, all will be well.

We shall not fail or falter; we shall not weaken or tire. Neither the sudden shock of battle, nor the long-drawn trials of vigilance and exertion will wear us down. Give us the tools, and we will finish the job."

Winston Churchill
February 9, 1941
Broadcast from London

If we knew they'd throw all the guns we gave them into the channel, and became a sissified Muslim enclave doormat, I wonder if we'd still had the same willingness to support them.  

Unlike the UK, I think the Ukrainian people won't ever again give up their weapons *or* yield to ANY nation or people.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 1:55:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Jack67:

But to be fair, we’ve been rotating Abrams through Poland for training for six years now, and the first sale of them to Poland was before the 2022 invasion.  So it would make it easier, but isn’t an indicator IMO.  1AD deployed M1s to Poland for the first time six years ago today, coincidentally.

https://www.army.mil/article/180520/atlantic_resolve_first_us_m1a2_main_battle_tanks_in_poland

View All Quotes

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FmFHjR6WQAEUZo_?format=png&name=900x900

Good points, it's part of a running bet in the twitterverse on which will arrive first.  My bet was on Leopard 2.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 2:04:38 PM EDT
[#43]

Yeah that appears to be true:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Challenger_2#Operational_history

It reminds me vaguely of this, which I’ll toss in for humor since it’s a slow news time.  Enjoy the lulz:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/556465/6EA5C569-5CB1-4C3A-8E2B-63466DAD377D_jpe-2666980.JPG

(And pretend for a minute the Bonnie Dick thing didn’t happen…)
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kbi:

Of the below is true those orcs with rpgs are gonna be in fkr a shock

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/77256/Screenshot_20230109-224441_Chrome_jpg-2666967.JPG

Yeah that appears to be true:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Challenger_2#Operational_history

It reminds me vaguely of this, which I’ll toss in for humor since it’s a slow news time.  Enjoy the lulz:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/556465/6EA5C569-5CB1-4C3A-8E2B-63466DAD377D_jpe-2666980.JPG

(And pretend for a minute the Bonnie Dick thing didn’t happen…)

Fun infographic.

Makes me sick to learn that we named a carrier after McCain though.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 2:04:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Drone dropping a container of sugar to a Ukrainian soldier.

View Quote
Uber eats delivers to the front.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 2:15:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: johnh57] [#45]
The area to the northeast of solidar needs a good dose of Stalin's organs about now.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 2:26:01 PM EDT
[#46]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By uxb:
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:

For example, is it better to have a bigger grenade with more bang, or a smaller grenade that can be thrown further / more accurately, and more can be carried?

https://i.imgur.com/ppGQxHF.jpg

Get both

https://www.nammo.com/product/our-products/grenades-warheads-energetics/scalable-offensive-hand-grenade/

How about a top-attack grenade?

Next Generation Hand Grenade ( Product of Swedish innovation )
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 2:30:10 PM EDT
[#47]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By swede1986:
Originally Posted By uxb:
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:

For example, is it better to have a bigger grenade with more bang, or a smaller grenade that can be thrown further / more accurately, and more can be carried?

https://i.imgur.com/ppGQxHF.jpg

Get both

https://www.nammo.com/product/our-products/grenades-warheads-energetics/scalable-offensive-hand-grenade/

How about a top-attack grenade?

https://dms-cf-03.dimu.org/image/0331wUTm22Yc?dimension=1200x1200

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYy-vXRpm_Q

Now were talking.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 2:33:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Capta] [#48]
For those interested, Dimitry translated the thermal drone video from yesterday of the Special forces clearing trenches from the Russians in Bakhmut.

View Quote

The kill count of a pro with NV in this war is probably astronomical.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 2:48:38 PM EDT
[#49]
So damn depressing. Hopefully the Ukrainians can recover the situation and push the orcs back.

And damn it the West needs to stop debating and slow rolling shit. Give the Ukrainians the fucking tools already and they will do the job.
View Quote

Agreed!!!
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 2:57:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Capta:

The kill count of a pro with NV in this war is probably astronomical.
View Quote
"If you don't use thermal, you will die to someone who does use thermal."
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3295 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top