Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3664 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/10/2023 10:39:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Prime:

Someday there will be an F-16 there instead.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Prime:
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

Someday there will be an F-16 there instead.

That's a good point.

It really was just a crappy Russian made Mig-15 with a stick up it's butt.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 10:44:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By mokerr:

Not wanting to be involved  in a European conflict that will literally have no impact on my own country is kind of a big one but this thread is convinced if the mighty Russian army takes Ukraine then the dominos will fall and western Europe will be behind the iron curtain. This is the same Russian army that is constantly made fun of for being inept and incapable btw. Doesn't make much sense if you think about it. Seems much more about weird cold war fantasies than current reality.

I was paid 200 rubles for this post btw. Glory to lord Putin or whatever. Just put my order in for war trinkets
View Quote

I agree that the current Russian army could not take Western Ukraine much less Poland. But remember how we got the current RU army....many thousands of brave Ukrainians died to whittle them down and with lots of material help from US.

And they could possibly still "win" if isolationism takes over the USA and aid stops.

I think you and many Americans are looking at this in 2D..."Russia is over there so who cares" and many Americans had the same ideology before we got sucked into WWI and WWII (and many other wars). Eventually the war WILL find you or something you DO care about. IF Russia is allowed to win, the real casualty will not be Ukrainian territory and lives of good people but the CONCEPT of right and wrong where territory cannot be gained through the aggressive use of industrial scale murder. The best way to keep your isolationist utopia here in the USA is to help good people to fight the good fight THERE before it comes to you. Dont worry, no one is asking you to fight.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 10:55:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Jack67:
Ukraine charging Antonov execs with treason. Reportedly kept the Mira at Hostomel despite opportunity to escape, and hindered base defense.

https://www.ukrinform.net/rubric-crime/3680613-exmanagers-of-se-antonov-suspected-of-facilitating-destruction-of-mriya-aircraft.html

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/556465/FFB6056F-B4D0-4058-9DB3-AB3A8ED9F019_jpe-2740313.JPG
View Quote

I can only imagine the litany of charges if the same standard of due diligence was used on the US fiasco in Kabul...
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 10:59:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:
With Yevgeny Prigozhin now saying today that Putin himself has cut him off from all support,  with Wagner on the verge of taking Bahkmut. What does Wagner do?  is putin now going to move in elite Russian forces to finish off the Ukrainian defenders of Bahkmut and claim victory? What will Yevgeny Prigozhin do if that's the case? I don't see many options on the table for wagner.. but seems that things are about to get very interesting.
View Quote

Russia needs Wagner. I'd guess it will continue under new management once Prigozhin falls out of the window.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 11:03:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By johnh57:
Wondering about the Kinzhal missile.  Seems like a bad one.  How difficult is it going to be for Russia to build these things?  Seem generally simple enough except maybe for the guidance package. Looks like a buttload of solid rocket fuel in a tube with a bomb on one end, so not terribly expensive for the motor and the bomb. Can they produce guidance packages with enough quantity and quality to be a serious ongoing threat?
View Quote

I had read somewhere they were looking to convert iskanders over to Kh-47’s. Seems there’s a lot of commonality.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 11:09:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Saltwater-Hillbilly] [#6]
Originally Posted By vahog:

I think the argument is that we shouldn't have demanded the Japanese withdraw from China and shouldn't have cut off their oil. In that case they wouldn't have needed oil from the Dutch East Indies and would have never attacked Pearl Harbor. They would have had plenty to deal with managing east China as a colony. The Philippines would have become independent soon, anyway.

The counterargument is that we would have then faced and industrial autocratic, militarized Japan with China's personnel resources. Who knows how that situation would develop?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Saltwater-Hillbilly:

Pat Buchannan actually made that argument.  I personally blame the Japanese bombing of Pearl Harbor, Invasion of the Philippines, and seizure of Guam and Wake Island, but I guess we could just have ignored the attacks directly on the United States, the sinking of the battleships, etc. in their world.  By the way, did you ask him what color the sky was there?

I think the argument is that we shouldn't have demanded the Japanese withdraw from China and shouldn't have cut off their oil. In that case they wouldn't have needed oil from the Dutch East Indies and would have never attacked Pearl Harbor. They would have had plenty to deal with managing east China as a colony. The Philippines would have become independent soon, anyway.

The counterargument is that we would have then faced and industrial autocratic, militarized Japan with China's personnel resources. Who knows how that situation would develop?

The real speculative part in that argument is that a major power reliant on maritime trade with a large navy would tolerate a neutral or US-aligned Philippines, the Dutch East Indies, the British Malay States, US-controlled Guam, or all the British/Australian/New Zealand and US controlled islands and territories across the central and south Pacific in the medium-to-long term even if they were "given" China.  Not to mention this was the source for almost all US rubber at the time and much of our tin, which are sort of important for the US industrial economy.   This is one of those arguments one throws out at a cocktail party to shock the consensus crowd or use as red meat speech to the fashionably obtuse on the left or right.  Virtually no administration in American history that actually achieved power would find this risk to both American trade or American security acceptable.  Remember, even Thomas Jefferson, who was probably the most isolationist President in history and opposed even having an ocean-going US Navy ultimately ended up fighting the Barbary Wars.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 11:10:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By RockNwood:

There seem to be two anti-Ukraine camps not counting the Russian shills:

1) broken spirits. So disillusioned with US govt they are anti-everything. No foreign involvement, 10%, fuck Europe, etc

2) Nuke panickers. They are frozen by Putin chanting Nuke Nuke Nuke. They have no solution but can only claim we can’t antagonize Putin becuz the Nukes.
View Quote

I think you missed a third.

Politics is so partisan these days, I believe many adopt an anti-Ukrainian stance solely because it is the diametric opposite stance that Biden has take.

I'm convinced that if the Dem's had decided not to support Ukraine, these same right wing tards whining about the cost of support would be the most fervid supporters of Ukraine's cause.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 11:10:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ServusVeritatis] [#8]
Originally Posted By thehun06:

Who is Trump to decide what Ukraine should give up.

More Trump and MAGA crowd talks the less and less I agree with their idiotic stances.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jack67:

Feels awkward to agree with Vindman here. Looks like Ukraine was lucky Russia waited to invade.

Who is Trump to decide what Ukraine should give up.

More Trump and MAGA crowd talks the less and less I agree with their idiotic stances.

It’s insanity at this point.

The trump admin did some really good things and was lied about constantly while in office. I voted for him twice, won’t again if Ron runs. That’s everyone else I know who also voted for him twice in a heavy conservative area.

(Rhetorical question) Who has Trump won over? His base is 110% committed but he has lost massive amounts of people while winning no one over.

He’s done in every aspect.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 11:11:59 AM EDT
[#9]
View Quote

That big quadcopter with the rotary carousel also has options for 81mm and 120mm payloads. It looks like they got a few different kits with their purchase.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 11:15:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
I don't put much stock in what Vindman says. Vindman should not be anywhere near the government.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By m35ben:
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:

So they have some edit audio of him saying some stuff? Wow

Seems strange that would be his first option when he did stuff like this

Trump, in 2018, had approved the $47 million sale of 210 Javelin anti-tank missiles and 37 launchers to Ukraine -- the first lethal military assistance provided to Ukraine by the U.S. in its fight against Russian-supported separatists since fighting began in 2014. Zelenskyy told Trump in the 2019 phone call that his government was "almost ready to buy more Javelins from the United States for defense purposes," according to a readout of the call.
I don't put much stock in what Vindman says. Vindman should not be anywhere near the government.

Vindman should have an accident.

In minecraft.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 11:17:01 AM EDT
[#11]

And still no word about the rumored armor that was supposedly hit that just got delivered out of Ukraine.  I have a bad feeling they got a good part of what was just delivered. Let's hope it wasn't alot and not the Patriot system that just crossed the border
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Easterner:

Targets are air defense intercepts
Flame is a strike

The pattern of intercepts and non-intercepts is interesting.

And still no word about the rumored armor that was supposedly hit that just got delivered out of Ukraine.  I have a bad feeling they got a good part of what was just delivered. Let's hope it wasn't alot and not the Patriot system that just crossed the border

I have seen no rumors that any western armor was hit.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 11:18:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Spicy partisan action.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 11:19:27 AM EDT
[#13]

Not wanting to be involved  in a European conflict that will literally have no impact on my own country is kind of a big one but this thread is convinced if the mighty Russian army takes Ukraine then the dominos will fall and western Europe will be behind the iron curtain. This is the same Russian army that is constantly made fun of for being inept and incapable btw. Doesn't make much sense if you think about it. Seems much more about weird cold war fantasies than current reality.

I was paid 200 rubles for this post btw. Glory to lord Putin or whatever. Just put my order in for war trinkets
View Quote

If you think that Russia's plan to reestablish the former Soviet Union will not affect you or our country, you are seriously mistaken.

People and their governments should be free to associate and participate in international relationships as they please. Russia is forcing dominion over Ukraine with murder, rape, theft and destruction. They are acting the same as any gang member would do. If you can't see that we live on the same planet and have a moral obligation to stand up for what is right, then you should join Russia's army and fight like a man.

Never in my lifetime has any issue been more black and white. I am old and may not see the end of this conflict, but by God Russia has to lose.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 11:19:41 AM EDT
[#14]
And there it is.

View Quote

They pretty much said when the first battalion was promised a few months ago that it was just a test run for the logistics trail and when the kinks were ironed out the floodgates were going to open. The Ukrainians continue to amaze people on how quickly they pick up new systems.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 11:23:44 AM EDT
[#15]

1) broken spirits. So disillusioned with US govt they are anti-everything. No foreign involvement, 10%, fuck Europe, etc

2) Nuke panickers. They are frozen by Putin chanting Nuke Nuke Nuke. They have no solution but can only claim we can’t antagonize Putin becuz the Nukes.
View Quote

Where is the group that just hates everything democrat no matter what it is? The graph was posted here a few days ago, as soon as the democrats tried to tie trump to russia, suddenly a whole bunch of conservatives decided russia isn't so bad since democrats were against russia. It's tribalism, and it's getting worse in the US.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 11:24:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Duffy] [#16]
oops

Link Posted: 3/10/2023 11:26:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#17]
Video in tweet.

Link Posted: 3/10/2023 11:31:36 AM EDT
[#18]
hopefully they throw in some paki tape for free.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 11:33:34 AM EDT
[#19]
And there it is.

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Ahhh, sometimes our trolling is frustrating, but then the payoff is so satisfying.  Very much looking forward to some Solovyov on this topic.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 11:35:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Russia saying and doing things to destabilize Moldova and Georgia:
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 11:38:15 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
View Quote

This is an interesting twist on the "Pakistan is flat ass broke" situation.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 11:41:10 AM EDT
[#22]
With Yevgeny Prigozhin now saying today that Putin himself has cut him off from all support,  with Wagner on the verge of taking Bahkmut. What does Wagner do?  is putin now going to move in elite Russian forces to finish off the Ukrainian defenders of Bahkmut and claim victory? What will Yevgeny Prigozhin do if that's the case? I don't see many options on the table for wagner.. but seems that things are about to get very interesting.
View Quote

This is war, he may be lying on camera for propaganda reasons. Anyone that thinks public statements by military commanders during offensive operations in wartime should be taken at face value, are naive.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 11:41:46 AM EDT
[#23]

Pat Buchannan actually made that argument.  I personally blame the Japanese bombing of Pearl Harbor, Invasion of the Philippines, and seizure of Guam and Wake Island, but I guess we could just have ignored the attacks directly on the United States, the sinking of the battleships, etc. in their world.  By the way, did you ask him what color the sky was there?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By m24shooter:

Just point out the historical record (and this is by no means an all-inclusive list):

1777:  Invaded Canada
1798-1801:  The "Quasi-War" with France
1801-1805:  The Barbary Wars
1803:  Louisiana Purchase
1807:  The Chesapeake Affair
1811:  Encouraged the "West Florida" revolt and took over most of West Florida (much of which was promptly stolen from Florida)
1812:  War of 1812 (with a US war aim of, among other things, seizing Canada)
1813:  Invaded Canada (again) (still didn't work out)
1814-15: The "East Florida" Campaign
1815-16:  The Barbary Was II (The Sequel)
1819:  Took over the remaining part of Florida from Spain
1819:  "Co-dominium Agreement" (Joint US/British occupation of the Pacific Northwest)
1821:  Support for Mexican Independence
1823:  Monroe Doctrine (essentially an ultimatum directed against current/potential European colonial powers in the Americas)
1820's:  Massive support (to include overt/covert US Government support) to the Central and South American Liberation movements.
1836:  Support of The Texas Revolution as well as other Mexican regional independence efforts.
1845-48:  The Mexican-American War
1846:  The Oregon/Columbia agreement with Britain (Division of the Pacific Northwest)
1854:  Perry's mission to Japan
1855:  Perry's return mission to Japan
1856:  Guano Islands Act
1858:  Failed attempt to "open" Korea
1866:  Ultimatum to the French to withdraw troops from Mexico/movement of troops to the US/Mexico border.
1867:  The purchase of Alaska
1889:  The Samoa Dispute
1892:  Overthrow of the Hawaiian Monarchy
1895:  The Venezuelan Crisis
1898-present:  Spanish/American War and  'Let us not even go there!' after that

So, just have them ask themselves: "Self, where/when does this magic period of "Splendid Isolationism" exist outside of political rhetoric and narratives?"  

If you want some isolationist lulz, go look at the execution video thread here in GD. There's even someone suggesting if we sat out WWII we would be better off.

Saltwater got it right... it's political rhetoric to scare American voters.  Pat Buchannan went off the deep end long ago.  Too bad because he's a sharp guy, but seemed to use his intellect go to into some strange places.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 11:43:16 AM EDT
[#24]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/IMG_20230310_084936_jpg-2740220.JPG

March 9th attack locations:
Green target is a successful air defense intercept
Flame is a strike
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/IMG_20230310_085029_jpg-2740221.JPG

The blast I heard at 6am yesterday wasn't very far from us. Here's a picture from the yacht club park on the Dnieper river. These little houses sit on the water and most were still under construction. Windows blown out in that area of town.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/Screenshot_2023-03-10-02-00-39-209_com_i-2740225.JPG
View Quote
Well, it ain't 1000+ but it is still a good orc barbecue.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 11:44:43 AM EDT
[#25]
Soon...

Link Posted: 3/10/2023 11:47:38 AM EDT
[#26]
UA claiming seven boats sank near Kherson, not getting the sense that was all at once, but who knows.

Saw this a few days ago.

Videos

Link Posted: 3/10/2023 11:48:18 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By kncook:

I know you were trying to be honest with the first part "that has no impact ."

But that is the problem and where a lot of people are dead wrong or just choose to be ignorant about.

You're welcome in this thread unless you start trolling. Thats the mods choice and obvious when many people have done it.

Most people on this thread wanting to know about or talk about the war are anti-Russian or pro-Ukraine or both. I tend to stay out of the echo chamber threads on the reverse which are all over arfcom being led by the (legit) Q thread contributors, the "Release the Kraken" contributors, and several other "forgettable causes" contributors. Echo chambers are not exclusive.

Stay as long as you want and ask real questions and we can engage in an actual conversion.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kncook:
Originally Posted By Bartholomew_Roberts:

2) Nuke panickers. They are frozen by Putin chanting Nuke Nuke Nuke. They have no solution but can only claim we can't antagonize Putin becuz the Nukes.

1. I certainly understand how it would be easy to get disillusioned with the U.S. gov.
2. Well, growing up, my default assumption was the Russians would nuke us, so that part doesn't bother me at all.

I know you were trying to be honest with the first part "that has no impact ."

But that is the problem and where a lot of people are dead wrong or just choose to be ignorant about.

You're welcome in this thread unless you start trolling. Thats the mods choice and obvious when many people have done it.

Most people on this thread wanting to know about or talk about the war are anti-Russian or pro-Ukraine or both. I tend to stay out of the echo chamber threads on the reverse which are all over arfcom being led by the (legit) Q thread contributors, the "Release the Kraken" contributors, and several other "forgettable causes" contributors. Echo chambers are not exclusive.

Stay as long as you want and ask real questions and we can engage in an actual conversion.
The issue I see with mokerr's analysis is he assumes that eastern europe countries have much stronger military than russia when this is not the case. In fact many of the neighboring countries are weaker.

He also fails to consider history in his thought process.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 11:48:50 AM EDT
[#28]
View Quote

Hopefully they send some of the Pakistan garage guys. Those mofos can fix anything.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 11:49:16 AM EDT
[#29]

We can crank the pain to 11 for Taiwan already.

View Quote

The eternal optimist.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 11:49:34 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By fisherman:

I'm going to have to agree with that.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fisherman:

I'm going to have to agree with that.

Don’t forget 3) the people  that have a sweaty man love crush on Putin because he’s a strong man that rides bears while shirtless and loves his country and Christian warrior values.
The cult of personality around this hairless manlet is amazing. They aren’t called Putin Dick suckers for nothing.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 11:50:45 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By borderpatrol:

This is war, he may be lying on camera for propaganda reasons. Anyone that thinks public statements by military commanders during offensive operations in wartime should be taken at face value, are naive.
View Quote

I think the head of wagner made the mistake of badmouthing the russian government at the time when the russian government no longer needed the wagner group. Wagner group served it's purpose of wearing down the Ukranian soldiers in Bakhmut, now the russian government can take credit for the taking Bakhmut and humiliate wagner in the process. Talking shit about Russia in public is not forgiven.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 11:51:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dracster] [#32]
View Quote

And a shitload of air freshener
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 11:52:23 AM EDT
[#33]

The eternal optimist.
View All Quotes

The eternal optimist.

I've seen some shit man.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 11:54:06 AM EDT
[#34]

Trump, in 2018, had approved the $47 million sale of 210 Javelin anti-tank missiles and 37 launchers to Ukraine -- the first lethal military assistance provided to Ukraine by the U.S. in its fight against Russian-supported separatists since fighting began in 2014. Zelenskyy told Trump in the 2019 phone call that his government was "almost ready to buy more Javelins from the United States for defense purposes," according to a readout of the call.
View Quote
Many seem to overlook the last part. Yes, Trump was the first president to provide lethal aid to Ukraine but he wasn't the first president of the russian invasion.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 12:11:10 PM EDT
[#35]
View Quote
Paki is on a close out sale lol
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 12:19:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Video in tweet.

Link Posted: 3/10/2023 12:33:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#37]

Link Posted: 3/10/2023 12:37:10 PM EDT
[#38]

Link Posted: 3/10/2023 12:41:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By 74HC:

Saltwater got it right... it's political rhetoric to scare American voters.  Pat Buchannan went off the deep end long ago.  Too bad because he's a sharp guy, but seemed to use his intellect go to into some strange places.
View Quote

He was probably simping for that Eleanor Cliff.  

those who knows...
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 12:45:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Saltwater-Hillbilly] [#40]
Many seem to overlook the last part. Yes, Trump was the first president to provide lethal aid to Ukraine but he wasn't the first president of the russian invasion.
View All Quotes

One also has to divorce political rhetoric from politicians out of power from the realities of power.  As mentioned earlier, Jefferson was elected as an uber-isolationist who was going to divorce the US from the turmoil of the rest of the world and turn the US Navy into a sort of Coast Guard.  Instead, he ended up fighting a naval war in North Africa.  Bush was going to have a "humble" foreign policy and disengage the US from places like the Balkans.  Instead, we got "nation-building" and the GWOT with all that entails.  Obama was going to pull out of Iraq and actually did, only to have to send troops right back in a little over a year later.  Trump was going to get our troops out of Syria; destroying a Wagner military force with a display of firepower that included the first B-52 "Arc Light" raid using precision munitions was not on anyone's bingo card. One can talk all sorts of smack in the pits, but on the track "the Bullshit stops when the Green Flag drops".  The problem with our political system is that the majority of us (voters) are programed to select the most photogenic driver in the car with the best paint job as the combination to predict the course of the race.  However, a lot can and does happen on the track, where a lot of other factors come into play, and setup, skill, reaction, and "what's under the hood" becomes much more important.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 12:57:47 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

Let's hope
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 1:00:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Ordered my first MemorySteelUA setup from the initial invasion ... Russia ... just leave ....
View Quote

All the stuff is quality. I received yours a couple of weeks ago, and added another option which came today. I couldn't embed pic so included link....

Tank Kin Keychain
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 1:02:24 PM EDT
[#43]
And there it is.

View Quote

Holy shit. That sounds like we are going all in, atleast with armor. That's a huge step
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 1:06:26 PM EDT
[#44]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/IMG_20230310_084936_jpg-2740220.JPG

March 9th attack locations:
Green target is a successful air defense intercept
Flame is a strike
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/IMG_20230310_085029_jpg-2740221.JPG

The blast I heard at 6am yesterday wasn't very far from us. Here's a picture from the yacht club park on the Dnieper river. These little houses sit on the water and most were still under construction. Windows blown out in that area of town.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/Screenshot_2023-03-10-02-00-39-209_com_i-2740225.JPG
View Quote

Is that a thatch roof?
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 1:17:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Soon...

View Quote

Lol. That's a curious statement.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 1:21:30 PM EDT
[#46]
And there it is.

View Quote

Fucking A!! A year late but good news. Hope its true and not just 31 tanks.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 1:24:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

I think the head of wagner made the mistake of badmouthing the russian government at the time when the russian government no longer needed the wagner group. Wagner group served it's purpose of wearing down the Ukranian soldiers in Bakhmut, now the russian government can take credit for the taking Bakhmut and humiliate wagner in the process. Talking shit about Russia in public is not forgiven.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stone-age:

I agree
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 1:29:30 PM EDT
[#48]

I’d love nothing more than for Orban to keep distancing himself from Russia more and more.

Sadly. Energy infrastructure is a terrible noose to have around a small country.

That said. I believe Hungary will turn the page…
View Quote

God I hope so. It's been depressing seeing Hungary ostensibly sympathetic to their most recent and destructive historic enemy. Like some national "battered-wife syndrome" they kept making excuses for their abuser. Or maybe Stokholm syndrome?

All of the fellow Hungarians that I meet that seem pro-Russian I always say "yeah, the Russians were always good friends to Hungary" to see their reaction.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 1:31:39 PM EDT
[#49]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fq3RRhyXsAA8krK?format=jpg&name=medium

TL:DR

View Quote

Very interesting. Can ya'll imagine the outrage if US troops were ever given similar instructions.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 1:36:37 PM EDT
[#50]
View Quote

Wow, a 120mm mortar is a helluva drone load.  Lot more hurt than a grenade.
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3664 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top