Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3665 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/10/2023 1:38:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
Oof.

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/10/2023 1:39:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 1:41:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 1:50:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By borderpatrol:

If you think that Russia's plan to reestablish the former Soviet Union will not affect you or our country, you are seriously mistaken.

People and their governments should be free to associate and participate in international relationships as they please. Russia is forcing dominion over Ukraine with murder, rape, theft and destruction. They are acting the same as any gang member would do. If you can't see that we live on the same planet and have a moral obligation to stand up for what is right, then you should join Russia's army and fight like a man.

Never in my lifetime has any issue been more black and white. I am old and may not see the end of this conflict, but by God Russia has to lose.
View Quote

For the past 70 years, American conservatives have been willing and eager to help all sorts of nefarious folks and dubious causes all around the globe as long as it fights Ruskies or commies. But now, when white, Christian, Europeans who are essentially culturally America in 1950, want to fight fascists and live free in peace, some "conservative" idiots NOW want to say "no more foreign wars"? Fuck these stupid idiots who are too stupid or too morally decayed to see good .vs bad. They want to abandon good people because the bad people we tried to help in the past (A-stan) disappointed us?
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 1:53:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Dracster:

They pretty much said when the first battalion was promised a few months ago that it was just a test run for the logistics trail and when the kinks were ironed out the floodgates were going to open. The Ukrainians continue to amaze people on how quickly they pick up new systems.
View Quote

Read an article once that talked about how being in a
life or death situation enhances the ability to learn.
Who would have thought?
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 1:54:30 PM EDT
[#6]
If you haven't watched "A Soviet Story" you're missing out on a great resource of how it got to this.   The last fifteen minutes or so calls it from back in 2008, Rehabilitating Stalin’s image, European dependencies on Russian gas and oil preventing them from calling out Russia, the fetishizing and adaptation of NAZI ideology (and then blaming the US when an execution went viral), dehumanizing Ukrainians and so on.

A much younger Putin calling the end of the Soviet Union one of the world’s great catastrophes.  (1:13:45)

Link Posted: 3/10/2023 1:57:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
Russia saying and doing things to destabilize Moldova and Georgia:
View Quote

This is somewhat confusing. Isnt the "foreign agent" bill in Georgia to prevent outside (Russian) influence? I wish someone knowledgeable would explain the protests in Georgia. I know it's pro EU but how is the "foreign agent" law pro-Russian?

The foreign agent bill sounds anti-Soros and ostensibly makes sense to me. If you want to set up an NGO with foreign money to influence domestic policies and politics, you should "register" and state openly who/what is funding you. But maybe I'm missing some nuance...
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 2:02:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Our guys accurately determined the coordinates of the Katsap air defense system "Wasp" and destroyed it with a pinpoint strike.

Link Posted: 3/10/2023 2:03:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Prime:
UA claiming seven boats sank near Kherson, not getting the sense that was all at once, but who knows.

Saw this a few days ago.

Videos

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fq3T7kPX0AAGK-h?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote
Isn't that the boat just to the right of the X ?
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 2:08:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By weptek911:

Don’t forget 3) the people  that have a sweaty man love crush on Putin because he’s a strong man that rides bears while shirtless and loves his country and Christian warrior values.
The cult of personality around this hairless manlet is amazing. They aren’t called Putin Dick suckers for nothing.
View Quote

I've never personally tasted Putin cock and always thought his shirtless photoshoots were comical, but prior to his invasion, I found it refreshing that a nation's leader was the unashamed defender of his nation. It was in stark contrast to the US at a time when our history and culture were under constant criticism and attack, especially by our own politicians. Maybe some other conservatives got their favorable view of Putin in the same way. All that went away on Feb 24th and I dont know how anyone could look at Putin now with admiration.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 2:19:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
Isn't that the boat just to the right of the X ?
View Quote

Along the shore? Probably.
When I first saw all those images, I'll be honest, I thought "the boys will be able to figure out all this mess"

I think the x means where the boat was witnessed being hit in the video.

Link Posted: 3/10/2023 2:22:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Capta:

I’ll go a bit farther and suggest that 1) has a fair number of people who consider the other side of the aisle their literal enemies and fantasize about the day they can start shooting their neighbors.
There has been more than a little of that on this site.
View Quote

Question: Is that "fair number of people" who "fantasize about the day they can start shooting their neighbors" a metaphor? or, is it more like they are fantasizing about someone who would say, "what difference does it make?", or, "we need to pass it to see what's in it", or "mfakhbpkng'v'lkn'd;fnf"?
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 2:22:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Prime:

Along the shore? Probably.
When I first saw all those images, I'll be honest, I thought "the boys will be able to figure out all this mess"

I think the x means where the boat was witnessed being hit in the video.

View Quote
Okay
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 2:24:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

Fucking A!! A year late but good news. Hope its true and not just 31 tanks.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
And there it is.

Link to OG article
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 2:36:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 2:37:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 2:37:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 2:38:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 2:49:26 PM EDT
[#19]

This is somewhat confusing. Isnt the "foreign agent" bill in Georgia to prevent outside (Russian) influence? I wish someone knowledgeable would explain the protests in Georgia. I know it's pro EU but how is the "foreign agent" law pro-Russian?

The foreign agent bill sounds anti-Soros and ostensibly makes sense to me. If you want to set up an NGO with foreign money to influence domestic policies and politics, you should "register" and state openly who/what is funding you. But maybe I'm missing some nuance...
View All Quotes
Russia saying and doing things to destabilize Moldova and Georgia:

It comes down to freedom of the press and pre-conditions to join the EU (and move out of Russia’s claws). If the govt can control the press, well, how free and democratic are you. Similar laws have been pushed elsewhere by Russian-aligned regimes. See this linked article for more info:

Link Posted: 3/10/2023 2:50:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/10/2023 3:01:46 PM EDT
[#21]

Link Posted: 3/10/2023 3:03:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By kpacman:

I think you missed a third.

Politics is so partisan these days, I believe many adopt an anti-Ukrainian stance solely because it is the diametric opposite stance that Biden has take.

I'm convinced that if the Dem's had decided not to support Ukraine, these same right wing tards whining about the cost of support would be the most fervid supporters of Ukraine's cause.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RockNwood:

There seem to be two anti-Ukraine camps not counting the Russian shills:

1) broken spirits. So disillusioned with US govt they are anti-everything. No foreign involvement, 10%, fuck Europe, etc

2) Nuke panickers. They are frozen by Putin chanting Nuke Nuke Nuke. They have no solution but can only claim we can't antagonize Putin becuz the Nukes.

Politics is so partisan these days, I believe many adopt an anti-Ukrainian stance solely because it is the diametric opposite stance that Biden has take.

I'm convinced that if the Dem's had decided not to support Ukraine, these same right wing tards whining about the cost of support would be the most fervid supporters of Ukraine's cause.
100% this
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 3:06:26 PM EDT
[#23]

Link Posted: 3/10/2023 3:16:08 PM EDT
[#24]
"they'll move"

Link Posted: 3/10/2023 3:19:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By UKjohn:
100% this
View All Quotes

1) broken spirits. So disillusioned with US govt they are anti-everything. No foreign involvement, 10%, fuck Europe, etc

2) Nuke panickers. They are frozen by Putin chanting Nuke Nuke Nuke. They have no solution but can only claim we can't antagonize Putin becuz the Nukes.

100% this

Contrarianism is a mental disability.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 3:21:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#26]
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 3:29:01 PM EDT
[#27]

Link to OG article
View All Quotes
And there it is.

Link to OG article

I don't know if the report is any different than what has been said before....

"Late last month, Army Secretary Christine Wormuth said the Army would not be able to get tanks to Ukraine for at least months and quite possibly not before the end of this year.

“There are longer timelines involved, but I think there are options that are less than two years, less than a year-and-a-half,” she said."
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 3:33:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By MachRider:

View All Quotes

100% this

It’s pervasive. Once you see it it can’t be unseen. Even in little things, many people’s knee-jerk reaction is “no” (even if the answer is yes and yes is the next word out of their mouths).
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 3:34:49 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote
It has to be , i am seeing faces in gd who two years back i would stop and read and respect , now i think "have I logged on the right site  "
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 3:42:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By klinc:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/106468/20230309_174108_jpg-2739962.JPG

One is for my dad that waited for these things to cross the line in Germany back when.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Erno86:
Originally Posted By thehun06:
Ordered my first MemorySteelUA setup from the initial invasion ... Russia ... just leave ....

Ordered 3 keychain ones on Feb 11th... Got notified a couple hours ago they are in my mailbox.

I just received in the mail yesterday...my laser etched Ruzzkie T-72 steel tank skin keychain momento, that was "MADE IN RUSSIA RECYCLED IN UKRAINE".

"Attack on Bakhmut by column of Ukrainian armored vehicles --- Russian positions shelled at close range"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4t2vRfpkjOQ

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/106468/20230309_174108_jpg-2739962.JPG

One is for my dad that waited for these things to cross the line in Germany back when.

Does that QR go to tank pics or just to their website?

Link Posted: 3/10/2023 3:45:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Zam18th:

View Quote

Mine were a little different but they link to pics of the tank it was cut off of
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 3:45:12 PM EDT
[#32]

I can only imagine the litany of charges if the same standard of due diligence was used on the US fiasco in Kabul...
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jack67:
Ukraine charging Antonov execs with treason. Reportedly kept the Mira at Hostomel despite opportunity to escape, and hindered base defense.

https://www.ukrinform.net/rubric-crime/3680613-exmanagers-of-se-antonov-suspected-of-facilitating-destruction-of-mriya-aircraft.html

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/556465/FFB6056F-B4D0-4058-9DB3-AB3A8ED9F019_jpe-2740313.JPG

I can only imagine the litany of charges if the same standard of due diligence was used on the US fiasco in Kabul...

The issue is more than bad choices or incompetence, like with Afghanistan. They are implying - I am pretty sure - genuine treason.

I have heard whispers that the very early days of the 2022 invasion were enabled by treason of quite a few officials, particularly in the south and the loss of most of the Kherson and Zaporizhzhia oblasts.  The story wrt the Anotonov execs is two-fold, a) they hindered pre-invasion attempts to co-ordinate airport defense and troop deployment, and b) on 2/24, with the Mirya actually fueled, crewed, and engines turning, they refused to let it fly to their alternate base in Leipzig, Germany.  They apparently made the crew shut it down and leave it at Hostomel to await the Russians.

I have been waiting/looking a long time for a story about the Southern front and collapse to find out if similar mechanisms were at play.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 3:49:09 PM EDT
[#33]
It has to be , i am seeing faces in gd who two years back i would stop and read and respect , now i think "have I logged on the right site  "
View Quote

Blame it on Covid. Blame it on the stress it has caused. Road rage is out of control. Murders in the US are up. Inflation is forcing some to wonder how are they going to stay where they live. Maybe some of the "no war" crowd just has had it with the politicians, hate, state gov't media and lack of overall lack of accountability. I would vote for Utopia too. Maybe many just aren't seeing far enough in the future. When I am at work I wonder how some of my co-workers made it this far in life. Maybe many are just lazy when thinking about critical complex issues?
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 3:49:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Zam18th:

View Quote
This is where mine goes to: http://photos.app.goo.gl/fkyhVP8M4P41B6Q28
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 3:54:58 PM EDT
[#35]
??????? ? #??? #??????? ????

???????????? ????? ???????? ????? ?? ??????: ? ??? ????????? ?????? ????? 40 ????? ?????!
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 3:59:32 PM EDT
[#36]
"Ukrainian Troops Defend Bakhmut's Northern Flank From Russian Attacks"
View Quote

Ukrainian Troops Defend Bakhmut's Northern Flank From Russian Attacks
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 4:01:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Hate_Work:

I don't know if the report is any different than what has been said before....

"Late last month, Army Secretary Christine Wormuth said the Army would not be able to get tanks to Ukraine for at least months and quite possibly not before the end of this year.

“There are longer timelines involved, but I think there are options that are less than two years, less than a year-and-a-half,” she said."
View Quote

I’m optimistic.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 4:02:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Dima running his mouth again.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 4:05:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By SoCalExile:
This is where mine goes to: http://photos.app.goo.gl/fkyhVP8M4P41B6Q28
View Quote

BAD

ASS

Link Posted: 3/10/2023 4:05:32 PM EDT
[#40]
"Ukrainian fighters hiding on hills open fire at the advancing Russians on the river bank"
View Quote

Ukrainian fighters hiding on hills open fire at the advancing Russians on the river bank
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 4:10:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Confirmation that Georgia is wiggling loose from Russian control.

Link Posted: 3/10/2023 4:12:02 PM EDT
[#42]
one less Russian apologist. Oswald just got the Hammer.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 4:12:15 PM EDT
[#43]
"Ukrainian soldiers host an American soldier with their national meal"
View Quote

Ukrainian soldiers host an American soldier with their national meal
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 4:16:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Former Ukrainian POW speaks:
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 4:18:02 PM EDT
[#45]
"Russian soldiers fire huge handheld rocket launchers at Ukrainian troops"
View Quote

Russian soldiers fire huge handheld rocket launchers at Ukrainian troops
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 4:21:49 PM EDT
[#46]
?????????? ??? ?? ????????? ?????????? ????????? ?? ????? / ???? ???, ????? ? ?????? | ??????.LIVE
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 4:22:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zam18th] [#47]
Originally Posted By mokerr:

Not wanting to be involved  in a European conflict that will literally have no impact on my own country is kind of a big one but this thread is convinced if the mighty Russian army takes Ukraine then the dominos will fall and western Europe will be behind the iron curtain. This is the same Russian army that is constantly made fun of for being inept and incapable btw. Doesn't make much sense if you think about it. Seems much more about weird cold war fantasies than current reality.

I was paid 200 rubles for this post btw. Glory to lord Putin or whatever. Just put my order in for war trinkets
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mokerr:
Originally Posted By Bartholomew_Roberts:

1. I certainly understand how it would be easy to get disillusioned with the U.S. gov.
2. Well, growing up, my default assumption was the Russians would nuke us, so that part doesn't bother me at all.

Not wanting to be involved  in a European conflict that will literally have no impact on my own country is kind of a big one but this thread is convinced if the mighty Russian army takes Ukraine then the dominos will fall and western Europe will be behind the iron curtain. This is the same Russian army that is constantly made fun of for being inept and incapable btw. Doesn't make much sense if you think about it. Seems much more about weird cold war fantasies than current reality.

I was paid 200 rubles for this post btw. Glory to lord Putin or whatever. Just put my order in for war trinkets

It makes plenty of sense, unless you're trying to make things fit your preconceived conclusions.

1 Russia is willing to sacrifice large amounts of men to offset their incompetence.
2 Russia learns. They may be slow at it but they adapt.
3 If successful, they will absorb the economic, industrial, agricultural, technological power of Ukraine and Belarus. Not to mention adding 40+ million people.
4 Sanctions will eventually lose steam and reinvigorate their defense industry.

This Russia may not currently be an acute threat to the rest of Europe but Russia 2.0 will be. The only Cold War fantasies here are people who want to stop another half of a century long cold war before it begins.
Roll that up in your rubles and smoke it.

Link Posted: 3/10/2023 4:25:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 4:26:18 PM EDT
[#49]
????????? ???????? ????? / ????? ?????????? ??????? ????? ?? ??????? / ????? ? ?????? | ??????.LIVE
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 4:26:54 PM EDT
[#50]

Question: Is that "fair number of people" who "fantasize about the day they can start shooting their neighbors" a metaphor? or, is it more like they are fantasizing about someone who would say, "what difference does it make?", or, "we need to pass it to see what's in it", or "mfakhbpkng'v'lkn'd;fnf"?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Capta:

I’ll go a bit farther and suggest that 1) has a fair number of people who consider the other side of the aisle their literal enemies and fantasize about the day they can start shooting their neighbors.
There has been more than a little of that on this site.

So much of what you read on this site or the internet as a whole is based around people unhappy with their own life. Fantasizing about resets and civil war is a prime example. Tribalism is a coping mechanism that simplifies and assigns all of life’s issues to a singular political boogeyman.

It challenges the faith when that boogeyman seemingly does good. It has to be a trick, fake, or for some other reason.

Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3665 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top