Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3667 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/10/2023 6:32:43 PM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 3/10/2023 6:33:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Capta:

What the fuck was that?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GLHX2112:
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
Oof.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/79948/Bloody_Hell-2740600.jpg

What the fuck was that?

I'm pretty sure....

Artillery + Flying Body = New Flight Record For Bodies

New Olympic Sport ??

Link Posted: 3/10/2023 6:33:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Hate_Work:

Question: Is that "fair number of people" who "fantasize about the day they can start shooting their neighbors" a metaphor? or, is it more like they are fantasizing about someone who would say, "what difference does it make?", or, "we need to pass it to see what's in it", or "mfakhbpkng'v'lkn'd;fnf"?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Hate_Work:

I’ll go a bit farther and suggest that 1) has a fair number of people who consider the other side of the aisle their literal enemies and fantasize about the day they can start shooting their neighbors.
There has been more than a little of that on this site.

Question: Is that "fair number of people" who "fantasize about the day they can start shooting their neighbors" a metaphor? or, is it more like they are fantasizing about someone who would say, "what difference does it make?", or, "we need to pass it to see what's in it", or "mfakhbpkng'v'lkn'd;fnf"?

I’m saying that, as a long-time site member (mostly lurker) I’ve personally seen many, many conversations about how posters were getting ready for “the boog” or whatever you want to call it, explaining that they would be happy if Russia launched nukes but only at certain cities or states, and so on.
FWIW, I also believe the same is occurring on the other side of the aisle, but I don’t hang out on antifa-associated sites.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 6:40:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
Which thread?
View Quote

FOX 3

SPLASH ONE BEAR
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 6:42:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
Dragons
View Quote

Dracarys!
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 6:44:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By FriskyDillo:

Looks like multiple AKs had multiple jams/malfunctions in that short clip.  Interesting
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FriskyDillo:
Originally Posted By Prime:

Looks like multiple AKs had multiple jams/malfunctions in that short clip.  Interesting

And I think a dude has to field strip his AK to clear a malfunction. Man that can't be fun in the middle of a gun fight.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 6:49:21 PM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 3/10/2023 6:51:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Saw this early this morning and couldn't get over the "WTF hump" and moved on.

In the light of day and well into the coffee....yeah, I get it now

Link Posted: 3/10/2023 6:54:40 PM EDT
[#9]

That happened pretty early on, there were a few of these.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FTeReRcWYAEnCEh?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FQCL9jkX0Ag__PL?format=jpg&name=900x900

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FP1i-3vXwAM8ozG?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

I use that 2nd one as my avatar on another gun forum.  Someone else uses it here.  Thanks for updating with some newer ones!

Originally Posted By 1Andy2:

Watch the "Critique of realism" video, as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXmwyyKcBLk

Good explanation of what is actually at stake and why if Russia is not opposed in Ukraine now, the cost will be alot higher than some weapons and ammo.
View Quote

That is outstanding stuff, and well reasoned, argued, and historically accurate. Does he have a blog because I can’t watch it vs. can read and recommend by link.  Skipped around a bit to get a feel, and it’s good.  I didn’t see an outside link from the youtube link.

Link Posted: 3/10/2023 6:55:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Training of our soldiers on American M2A2 Bradley ODS BMPs.
https://t.me/bochkala_war

https://t.me/bochkala_war/12141
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 6:55:33 PM EDT
[#11]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fq39_78WwAoC58C?format=jpg&name=medium
View Quote

I can't imagine being one of the defenders there. Absolute bravery of the defenders.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 7:00:33 PM EDT
[#12]

Guess we'll see in the coming days.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 7:03:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Dragons
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ludder093:
What are they training on?
Dragons

Why train on Dragons when they have Javelins?
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 7:05:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Cobradriver:

I never blocked anyone on this site...until March of last year.

I have almost 40 on my retard list currently.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Cobradriver:
Originally Posted By ludder093:
one less Russian apologist. Oswald just got the Hammer.

I never blocked anyone on this site...until March of last year.

I have almost 40 on my retard list currently.

I’ve generally tried not to and I don’t ignore anyone for disagreeing.  But there are some who are just such ignorant clowns that they have nothing of value to listen to.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 7:05:46 PM EDT
[#15]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fq4--G-WIAEoNzT?format=jpg&name=medium

Guess we'll see in the coming days.
View Quote

It's so interesting how information slowly trickles out.
You see a short clip, then a longer version a couple days later, then the director's cut a few days after that.

Link Posted: 3/10/2023 7:08:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 7:14:00 PM EDT
[#17]

Georgia is currently run by a Russian-friendly party which eventually came to power since 2008, and the foreign agent bill is to made it more difficult to criticize them.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
Russia saying and doing things to destabilize Moldova and Georgia:

This is somewhat confusing. Isnt the "foreign agent" bill in Georgia to prevent outside (Russian) influence? I wish someone knowledgeable would explain the protests in Georgia. I know it's pro EU but how is the "foreign agent" law pro-Russian?

The foreign agent bill sounds anti-Soros and ostensibly makes sense to me. If you want to set up an NGO with foreign money to influence domestic policies and politics, you should "register" and state openly who/what is funding you. But maybe I'm missing some nuance...

Georgia is currently run by a Russian-friendly party which eventually came to power since 2008, and the foreign agent bill is to made it more difficult to criticize them.

Right, and I believe it gives them added police powers to summarily imprison individuals and shut down speech.  I believe that as it says it is closely parallel to the Russian law, and that was included in it and has helped radicalize the Russian people over the last decade+.  Have not read or read a good summary of the Georgian law in detail but assume from the “parallel to Russian” comments that circulate.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 7:18:14 PM EDT
[#18]

They can add radars to the units for more coverage, it's a modular system.  They can also network with other radars for longer ranges.  I'm fine with them being a target, that's actually partly the point.  They can drain expensive Russian guided weapons stocks that would otherwise be hitting Ukrainian energy infrastructure or residential areas.

They won't be deployed half assed, there is certainly things going on of a classified nature of how many, where and when they get set up.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Zam18th:
Soon...

They better not drag their feet getting set up. I suspect China will be feeding them imagery/info to help target them asap. Causing us and Patriot to lose face would be worth it to them.

I'm kind of surprised they aren't holding them in Poland until they have several systems ready. Anyone remember what their radar coverage is like? Was it 90 degrees or something?

They can add radars to the units for more coverage, it's a modular system.  They can also network with other radars for longer ranges.  I'm fine with them being a target, that's actually partly the point.  They can drain expensive Russian guided weapons stocks that would otherwise be hitting Ukrainian energy infrastructure or residential areas.

They won't be deployed half assed, there is certainly things going on of a classified nature of how many, where and when they get set up.

That's what I'm hoping but I was also hoping they'd get set up, networked, and get some reps in before the media announced it.
(Assuming the announcement itself isn't bait)

Link Posted: 3/10/2023 7:22:26 PM EDT
[#19]

View Quote

Ok, that sheds some light. I assumed that since 2008, Georgia was very anti-Russian. So many fighters from Georgia have died in Ukraine. How the hell did a pro-Russian get into office in Georgia???
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 7:27:38 PM EDT
[#20]
WOW.
That last part is breathtaking.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fq4lqCvX0FUweOF?format=jpg&name=medium
View Quote

That's awesome!  Now do "Post-1945 fate of German-speaking locals in Europe east of the Oder, ethnic Hungarians residing in the Carpathians mountains, and the task/purpose of Operation Vistula and it's impact on Poles.  Considering somewhere around a million or so Ethnic Germans alone died as a result of these operations, I'm guessing 140,000 or so civilian casualties inflicted during a wartime bombing raid in Russian math would fall under the category of "Rookie Numbers".  If you prefer a somewhat easier assignment, maybe you can do an essay on "Ukrainian Demographic trends under Soviet rule" with the proviso you have to use the real numbers as opposed to the "official" numbers from that era; and in this instance, the New York Times is to be considered suspect as an accurate primary source.  
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 7:29:07 PM EDT
[#21]

Ok, that sheds some light. I assumed that since 2008, Georgia was very anti-Russian. So many fighters from Georgia have died in Ukraine. How the hell did a pro-Russian get into office in Georgia???
View Quote

russia's insistence that they have a right to have "sphere of influence" means they feel they have the right to rig the elections of neighboring countries. That's what the color revolutions in Ukraine were all about.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 7:31:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Excluding nukes I can't think of any off hand.
View All Quotes

HIMARS.  Not sure there has ever been or ever will be an example of a system that made such an impact in such relatively limited numbers.
But an F-16 would be cool.

Maybe Stingers in the russ-afg war
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 7:34:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Bama_Rebel:

View Quote
True
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 7:42:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jaehaerys] [#24]

View All Quotes

HIMARS.  Not sure there has ever been or ever will be an example of a system that made such an impact in such relatively limited numbers.

The influence of Stingers in the Soviet-Afghan war is very overstated. By the time they arrived, the Politburo was already seriously questioning the war, and they didn't really down all that many Soviet aircraft. The small arms the Muj got from various sources were much more important in the grand scheme of things than the Stingers.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 7:47:38 PM EDT
[#25]
UA claiming seven boats sank near Kherson, not getting the sense that was all at once, but who knows.

Saw this a few days ago.

Videos

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fq3T7kPX0AAGK-h?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

In the first video the idiots fouled the prop with a stern anchor line and stalled out the outboard while trying to abandon their battle buddies. Awkward at best.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 7:49:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jack67] [#26]
Originally Posted By MelGibsonEnthusiast:

The influence of Stingers in the Soviet-Afghan war is very overstated. By the time they arrived, the Politburo was already seriously questioning the war, and they didn't really down all that many Russian aircraft. The small arms the Muj got from various sources were much more important in the grand scheme of things than the Stingers.
View Quote

I wonder about that, too.  I don’t honestly know the answer.  Maybe they were that important but I have my doubts.  But I have noticed a few things over time in this realm wrt recent topics here:

- When you read about the Afghan war and getting out from the Soviet perspective, they don’t mention Stingers as an influence.
- When you read Russian and Ukrainian sources about the internal pressures on the Soviet Union to collapse, the pressures were internal structural economic failures + loss of general trust and faith wrt to Chernobyl (big influence). Nothing to do with ‘80s Cold War confrontation really.
- When you read internal Japanese war council notes on why they surrendered finally, they talk about the Bomb(s) influencing the emperor, NOT Russian hordes in Mongolia.

We get a lot of our historical conventional wisdom from wishful thinking and 1/2 assed historical analysis, not from a hard objective look at primary sources.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 7:51:06 PM EDT
[#27]

That's what I'm hoping but I was also hoping they'd get set up, networked, and get some reps in before the media announced it.

View All Quotes
Soon...

They better not drag their feet getting set up. I suspect China will be feeding them imagery/info to help target them asap. Causing us and Patriot to lose face would be worth it to them.

I'm kind of surprised they aren't holding them in Poland until they have several systems ready. Anyone remember what their radar coverage is like? Was it 90 degrees or something?

As mentioned before, the busy beavers at Fort Sill as well as places like Huntsville and Fort Bliss among other places have probably been working late and preparing for some long TDYs that may/may not include TA-50 for the "green suiters" among them.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 7:59:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By centex_SR-15:
If you haven't watched "A Soviet Story" you're missing out on a great resource of how it got to this.   The last fifteen minutes or so calls it from back in 2008, Rehabilitating Stalin’s image, European dependencies on Russian gas and oil preventing them from calling out Russia, the fetishizing and adaptation of NAZI ideology (and then blaming the US when an execution went viral), dehumanizing Ukrainians and so on.

A much younger Putin calling the end of the Soviet Union one of the world’s great catastrophes.  (1:13:45)
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/260794/5031AC6F-F523-4E7B-9324-6A6F8C8E502C-2740604.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XO6-nuk0UhA

View Quote

Great video and totally applicable to current events.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 8:00:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Kagetora:

Man, I love my postcard, almost more than the actual product. I'm tempted to order again just to get another one.
View Quote

Things go out of stock quickly sometimes, but you can get postcards, stamps, etc direct from the Uke postal service.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 8:10:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Jack67:

Right, and I believe it gives them added police powers to summarily imprison individuals and shut down speech.  I believe that as it says it is closely parallel to the Russian law, and that was included in it and has helped radicalize the Russian people over the last decade+.  Have not read or read a good summary of the Georgian law in detail but assume from the “parallel to Russian” comments that circulate.
View Quote

And lots of ruZZian shills saying it’s an exact copy of the FARA law in America. Fucking tankies!
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 8:15:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 8:20:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 8:21:56 PM EDT
[#33]

I wonder about that, too.  I don’t honestly know the answer.  Maybe they were that important but I have my doubts.  But I have noticed a few things:

- When you read about the Afghan war and getting out from the Soviet perspective, they don’t mention Stingers as an influence.
- When you read Russian and Ukrainian sources about the internal pressures on the Soviet Union to collapse, the pressures were internal structural economic failures + loss of general trust and faith wrt to Chernobyl (big influence). Nothing to do with ‘80s Cold War confrontation really.
- When you read internal Japanese war council notes on why they surrendered finally, they talk about the Bomb(s) influencing the emperor, NOT Russian hordes in Mongolia.

We get a lot of our historical conventional wisdom from wishful thinking and 1/2 assed historical analysis, not from a hard objective look at primary sources.
View All Quotes

The influence of Stingers in the Soviet-Afghan war is very overstated. By the time they arrived, the Politburo was already seriously questioning the war, and they didn't really down all that many Russian aircraft. The small arms the Muj got from various sources were much more important in the grand scheme of things than the Stingers.

I wonder about that, too.  I don’t honestly know the answer.  Maybe they were that important but I have my doubts.  But I have noticed a few things:

You've probably researched this subject more than me, but I haven't been able to find anything which indicates that the Stingers were a decisive factor, either. The most I think they did was force Soviet aircraft to fly at different altitudes. With or without the Stingers, the outcome of the Soviet-Afghan war was guaranteed. The Muj had a ton of external support, and not just from the west. The Gulf States, Pakistan, Ba'athist Iraq, China, etc. were all involved in funding, arming, and training the Muj in order to combat Soviet influence in the region. Mirroring our own experience, the Soviets were more or less able to control the urban population centers, but the countryside was the wild west.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 8:35:26 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

Maybe they had boxes of votes brought in in the middle of the night and observers kicked out and windows covered with pizza boxes?
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 8:35:38 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

There has:

Link Posted: 3/10/2023 8:44:14 PM EDT
[#36]

Good explanation of what is actually at stake and why if Russia is not opposed in Ukraine now, the cost will be alot higher than some weapons and ammo.
View All Quotes

Check out the video I posted early, specifically the part on Ivan Ilyin.  A huge part of Putin’s image comes from Ivan Ilyin’s works advocating for Christian Fascism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdFtqa54TuM

Russian apologist and unapologetic about it. He should be in trench in Ukraine trying to learn Russian better.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 8:45:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Not as cool as recycled Russian tanks but more useful to me. A CW key made by Yury UR5CDX  Took 4 weeks to get here from UA

Link Posted: 3/10/2023 8:47:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Squatch:

I'll take "Unintended Consequences for 1,000, Alex."

Win or lose in Ukraine, Russia is going to be facing a significantly up-gunned NATO/Europe at the end of this war, which was precisely one of Putin's casus belli.

View Quote
It was Putins excuse but not the reason.  Putin wants to recreate the Russian Empire not get a buffer.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 8:49:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 74HC] [#39]

[/b]

For the past 70 years, American conservatives have been willing and eager to help all sorts of nefarious folks and dubious causes all around the globe as long as it fights Ruskies or commies. But now, when white, Christian, Europeans who are essentially culturally America in 1950, want to fight fascists and live free in peace, some "conservative" idiots NOW want to say "no more foreign wars"? Fuck these stupid idiots who are too stupid or too morally decayed to see good .vs bad. They want to abandon good people because the bad people we tried to help in the past (A-stan) disappointed us?
View Quote

Lesson learned by Bush and other politicians is one cannot nation build people with IQ not much better than the average goat fucker.

ETA:  I think I might have been too kind on Bush as he doesn't appear to have learned that lesson yet.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 8:52:51 PM EDT
[#40]

Actually no one has overlooked the last part.  It is common knowledge and has been repeated many, many times.  Unfortunately what is being overlooked is that Congress (the legislative) demanded this happen and Trump (the executive) complied.  And in complying the Trump admin required them to be kept locked up and unused in Kiev.  So he supplied them at congressional requirement and then prevented their use.  Not one Javelin was ever used in Ukraine prior to 2/24/22.
All of this has been stated many, many times.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 74HC:
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:

So they have some edit audio of him saying some stuff? Wow

Seems strange that would be his first option when he did stuff like this

Trump, in 2018, had approved the $47 million sale of 210 Javelin anti-tank missiles and 37 launchers to Ukraine -- the first lethal military assistance provided to Ukraine by the U.S. in its fight against Russian-supported separatists since fighting began in 2014. Zelenskyy told Trump in the 2019 phone call that his government was "almost ready to buy more Javelins from the United States for defense purposes," according to a readout of the call.
Many seem to overlook the last part. Yes, Trump was the first president to provide lethal aid to Ukraine but he wasn't the first president of the russian invasion.

Actually no one has overlooked the last part.  It is common knowledge and has been repeated many, many times.  Unfortunately what is being overlooked is that Congress (the legislative) demanded this happen and Trump (the executive) complied.  And in complying the Trump admin required them to be kept locked up and unused in Kiev.  So he supplied them at congressional requirement and then prevented their use.  Not one Javelin was ever used in Ukraine prior to 2/24/22.

So then all the Javelins were ready to be used to save Ukraine. Interesting how Obama was not just required to send Javelins. Obama and Biden should of been impeached then the javelins and much more sent.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 8:55:34 PM EDT
[#41]
WOW.
That last part is breathtaking.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fq4lqCvX0FUweOF?format=jpg&name=medium
View Quote
War is hell and cannot be regulated into something other than that.  Also, russia had nothing to do with Japan decision to end the war.  It was all about the bomb.  Prior to the 2nd bombing, they thought there was no way a foreign military could successfully invade the homeland.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 8:57:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jack67] [#42]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CharlieR:

There has:

https://duotechservices.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/chain-home-radar-saved-britain-wwii.jpg

. Chain Home.  Good point.

I happened to mention that as a minor point wrt Chamberlain the other day.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 8:57:48 PM EDT
[#43]
I did not know an AK would fit there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xxdc0f7MEoo
View Quote
That's an upgraded M113 with a turret, sweet!
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 9:02:19 PM EDT
[#44]

View All Quotes

Trump, in 2018, had approved the $47 million sale of 210 Javelin anti-tank missiles and 37 launchers to Ukraine -- the first lethal military assistance provided to Ukraine by the U.S. in its fight against Russian-supported separatists since fighting began in 2014. Zelenskyy told Trump in the 2019 phone call that his government was "almost ready to buy more Javelins from the United States for defense purposes," according to a readout of the call.
Many seem to overlook the last part. Yes, Trump was the first president to provide lethal aid to Ukraine but he wasn't the first president of the russian invasion.

No, that is just regurgitating the MSM slant on Trump. Congress passed nothing to force Trump into it.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 9:05:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Another good one
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 9:05:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Ligore:

So then all the Javelins were ready to be used to save Ukraine. Interesting how Obama was not just required to send Javelins. Obama and Biden should of been impeached then the javelins and much more sent.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ligore:

Don't listen to him.  When he sees "74hc" he gets triggered and replies in the negative.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 9:07:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Chaingun:
That's an upgraded M113 with a turret, sweet!
View Quote
Those have done better than I thought they would. They have taken losses though but damn if they aren't in the fight.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 9:07:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#48]
Here’s a couple of long Youtube educational videos.  Worth watching both in their entirety if you have time.  I’ve tried to summarize below.

The first is an overview of where Putin’s political philosophy comes from.  It isn’t Dugin, who is represented as a plaigerer.  1) Ivan Ilyin, Russian fascist political philosopher with a wash of (false) Christianity.  2) Lev Gumilev, a marxist antisemite quack with geologic/climatic/astrological arguments for why Russia really extends into Europe and is destined to rule the world. 3) Carl Schmidt, Nazi political philosopher who argued for total, lawless power concentrated in the hands of the leader, for “Spheres of influence” (where have we heard that?) and for exercising naked power to force the west to abandon or make exceptions to its ideals, thus showing the west to be hypocritical and destroying its moral fiber.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdFtqa54TuM

The second is a talk by Timothy Snyder, less about the specifics of the war or even genocide and more about the moral implications vis a vis the West.  I put these two videos together because a lot of Snyder’s talk implicitly addresses the Nazi methodology of Carl Schmidt being employed by Putin and Russia against the west.  That is, the war is a lawless challenge to the ideology, culture, and history of the west to say, effectively “We (Russia) have the power to remake Europe and remake your history however we want.  We will show your ideals are false at the point of a gun.”   At one point, Snyder is asked how the west benefitted from Ukrainian resistance.  He didn’t say “because it gave us precious time to arm the fuck up against China.”  He said “because it gave us the time to reflect on what the west stands for, and the chance to act on it.   If you watch the top video first you will have a better idea what Snyder is getting at and why, because he doesn’t actually name Schmidt in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbT6v5GbGJI

IMO watching these two videos will give you a much better idea of the ideological foundations of this war and why Putin/Russia is doing what they are doing against Ukraine and the world.  If anything it paints a more dire picture of the situation than one might think.  Anyone who thinks that Russian actions in Ukraine don’t concern us should watch these videos.  In fact Putin’s actions are ultimately more directed at the west than Ukraine.
View Quote

Wow!  Thanks, Capta , those are incredible. That first one especially a deep dive into the philosophy underpinnings of Putin and modern Russia. Really good to get that insight!
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 9:14:59 PM EDT
[#49]

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/temp-97.gif
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/10/2023 9:17:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By MFP_4073:

i would add -- the uninformed / misinformed 'Tucker Carlson' type 'conservative'.  basically the 'R' version of the low IQ Dem voter who watches MSNBC / CNN The View all day and doesn't get past that info stream.  these quasi-conservatives see ANYTHING that the current president supports and are IMMEDIATELY and vehemently against it without seeking out deeper understanding

they are a pretty vocal subset -- closely related to #1 above but distinct enough to mention -- because they likely supported GWOT, GW1, etc
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MFP_4073:
Originally Posted By fisherman:
Originally Posted By RockNwood:

There seem to be two anti-Ukraine camps not counting the Russian shills:

1) broken spirits. So disillusioned with US govt they are anti-everything. No foreign involvement, 10%, fuck Europe, etc

2) Nuke panickers. They are frozen by Putin chanting Nuke Nuke Nuke. They have no solution but can only claim we can’t antagonize Putin becuz the Nukes.

I'm going to have to agree with that.

i would add -- the uninformed / misinformed 'Tucker Carlson' type 'conservative'.  basically the 'R' version of the low IQ Dem voter who watches MSNBC / CNN The View all day and doesn't get past that info stream.  these quasi-conservatives see ANYTHING that the current president supports and are IMMEDIATELY and vehemently against it without seeking out deeper understanding

they are a pretty vocal subset -- closely related to #1 above but distinct enough to mention -- because they likely supported GWOT, GW1, etc

I agree with you. I hadn’t thought of that but the uninformed sheep following a talking head is definitely a faction. I had assumed anyone getting involved in discussions would be at least moderately informed, but you are right that there is a sizable conservative group just reacting to the latest thing Biden does.
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3667 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top