Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3856 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 4/11/2023 8:15:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jozsi] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

I agree. Maybe getting into bed with Russia sounded good before they outed themselves as the orcs they always were. But after the invasion, Orban should have cut all ties with Putin.

Although I dont think Russia/Soviets/Marx invented political correctness any more than they invented lying: I think it is old like other human rhetorical tools to manipulate and divide.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RockNwood:

I appreciate their energy and conservative social values, but getting into bed with Russia  for that energy is hypocritical. All the bad liberal thinking in the West came from Russia. Political correctness is a Russian invention.

They really need to recalibrate their values meter. What country has prospered with Russia as a strategic partner? And Orban doesn’t see how that partnership could put him in a bind with NATO?  Or that Russia would use that dependence to subvert control in Hungary like they did in Germany. Link up with Russia and you will get plenty of globohomo politics.

I agree. Maybe getting into bed with Russia sounded good before they outed themselves as the orcs they always were. But after the invasion, Orban should have cut all ties with Putin.

Although I dont think Russia/Soviets/Marx invented political correctness any more than they invented lying: I think it is old like other human rhetorical tools to manipulate and divide.

The problem with cutting all ties is that the Paks and Paks II are Russian designed stations that are proprietary setups with absolutely no compatibility with western designs.

This is the problem that Hungary is in.

The EU and Obama and everyone since then doesn't want nukes anymore.

" just go buy power in the common market" is what the EU said.  Look where we are now.

Hungary is surviving barely now because they have independent power from Paks I.
I really wish people would understand Orbans position.

I don't like him very much and I hate the fucken situation we are in but more blame is on the EU and the West for kicking dirt and making excuses for not giving good terms for Hungary when they needed nuclear power and energy for the country.
They were fine giving good terms for Poland but they want Hungary on its knees because of the 2015 migrant crisis and Hungary said fuck you to the invasion.

Link Posted: 4/11/2023 8:16:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By MarineGrunt:

Short answer, no.

Eastern Ukrainian airspace will be contested throughout the war, due to long range air defenses inside Russia and Belarus. That won’t change until hostilities cease. If it weren’t for that, to entertain your scenario, I don’t think the strike capability would make much difference in the grand scheme of things. I instead would use the F16 in the SEAD role and leave CAS to the Su25 and rotor wing assets. But then again, I’m a tanker guy and don’t know shit. The problem with getting Ukraine F16s or any new jets in general is not the pilots or the planes themselves, it’s the logistical monstrosity that goes along with it. Maintainers, parts, tooling, AGE, the list goes on and on. It would be very VERY difficult to set up a successful program in the middle of a conflict. Possible? I guess, but considering that the impact would be somewhat negligible even if it was a success, you could get much more juice from the squeeze elsewhere. Ukraine will definitely get western aircraft, but unfortunately I don’t think it will be until after the war.

I will be very happy to be wrong and eat crow!
View Quote

Thanks. I know it was a vague and general question
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 8:18:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:

@fadedsun
Southern Oklahoma Carter county
View Quote

I might be getting another 152mm if you’re down this way come and get it.
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 8:18:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By prolapsed_cranium:

Is he afraid or he doesn't want to piss away resources and then have to deal with the reality Russia is still standing and the EU has to trade with them?
View Quote

I dont know. I think Russia has been such an over-powering boogieman for Hungary for so long, maybe they really are afraid Russia will find a way to win, or come back in 10 years worse than ever, or even launch nukes. Maybe they are afraid of the EU/NATO commitment to Ukraine and dont want to go all-in against Russia and in the end the EU makes a deal with Russia. Hungary looks like they are trying to play both sides. And both sides dont like Hungary: The EU hates Hungary for trying to stay independent and sovereign and Russia hates Hungary for being in NATO.
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 8:23:37 PM EDT
[#5]

I dont know. I think Russia has been such an over-powering boogieman for Hungary for so long, maybe they really are afraid Russia will find a way to win, or come back in 10 years worse than ever, or even launch nukes. Maybe they are afraid of the EU/NATO commitment to Ukraine and dont want to go all-in against Russia and in the end the EU makes a deal with Russia. Hungary looks like they are trying to play both sides. And both sides dont like Hungary: The EU hates Hungary for trying to stay independent and sovereign and Russia hates Hungary for being in NATO.
View All Quotes

Is he afraid or he doesn't want to piss away resources and then have to deal with the reality Russia is still standing and the EU has to trade with them?

They invaded us in 1848 and crushed our revolution.

Invaded again in 1919, again in 1945, again in 1956.

It's all so tiresome.

We are just a country of 10 million.

I hate the fucken orcs with a passion for killing and murdering my ded nagyapám and nagyapám.
They died frozen solid together..

Naked...as father and son.

Fuck that whole country to hell.

Damn it...all .....may it be grounded it ve grounded to powder.

Link Posted: 4/11/2023 8:24:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 8:29:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 8:31:00 PM EDT
[#8]

View Quote

Join date. Post count.
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 8:43:40 PM EDT
[#9]
The ignore list has grown this week, holy moly!
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 8:45:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By DreadPirateMoyer:

Join date. Post count.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DreadPirateMoyer:

Join date. Post count.

And the username fits!
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 8:48:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By DASJUDEN:

The US military has significantly more options on the table than the Ukrainian military when it comes to this kind of thing. Air Assault, Amphibious landings behind them, paradrops, take your pick. A lot of different ways to skin that cat. If you want how I'd do it with what Ukraine has available if they can get into position to do it. Blow the bridge, Dam up the river, prioritize targets for long range fires in this order ADA/Radar sites, Counterbattery/enemy artillery sites, Logistics hubs, water infrastructure, Troop/vehicle concentrations, the defenses themselves. Establish localized air superiority. Issue terms that are best summarized in "Surrender now and no harm will come to you, if you make us put you under siege we aren't taking prisoners." Then wait. Without the bridge or the river there is no major fresh water sources in Crimea that can sustain the amount of troops required to man that defensive line. Supplies would have to be brought in by air at that point.
View Quote

This is the Way.....

AoD
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 8:50:28 PM EDT
[#12]

Short answer, no.

Eastern Ukrainian airspace will be contested throughout the war, due to long range air defenses inside Russia and Belarus. That won’t change until hostilities cease. If it weren’t for that, to entertain your scenario, I don’t think the strike capability would make much difference in the grand scheme of things. I instead would use the F16 in the SEAD role and leave CAS to the Su25 and rotor wing assets. But then again, I’m a tanker guy and don’t know shit. The problem with getting Ukraine F16s or any new jets in general is not the pilots or the planes themselves, it’s the logistical monstrosity that goes along with it. Maintainers, parts, tooling, AGE, the list goes on and on. It would be very VERY difficult to set up a successful program in the middle of a conflict. Possible? I guess, but considering that the impact would be somewhat negligible even if it was a success, you could get much more juice from the squeeze elsewhere. Ukraine will definitely get western aircraft, but unfortunately I don’t think it will be until after the war.

I will be very happy to be wrong and eat crow!
View Quote

This is what every other commentator I have read/heard has said: for what Ukraine needs most for their upcoming offensive, they can do 95% of what really needs doing without F-16s at all. They have air defenses to keep the worst Russian air attacks away, and GLMRS, Excalibur, and other artillery can reach to the depth necessary to support an offensive just fine, for a fraction of the cost of any aircraft.

I still think they should be leaning forward and at least getting the pilots trained, but it will take YEARS before Ukrainian pilots are flying and supporting F16s from home soil.
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 8:54:08 PM EDT
[#13]

Maybe we didn’t see the same video? I didn’t listen with the sound on…

I’ve never encountered a foreign exchange pilot other than in UPT. They wore mostly US patches, but not rank. I’ll try to dig up the link of the video I saw and can have a Ukrainian friend translate if they’re in fact speaking Ukrainian.
View Quote

When I was in UPT, the foreign pilots all wore USAF flightsuits, USAF patches and U.S. rank, along with their home country patch and rank.  The U.S. grade insignia was to allow all us 2Lts to know who to salute and treat them with appropriate respect.   They usually wore home country rank on the shoulders and U.S. rank on the front of the flightsuit.
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 8:59:05 PM EDT
[#14]
If Stugna-P is a Romulan disruptor... magnetic influence mines appear to photon torpedos.

Holy shit that was an epic bang
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 9:01:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By strykr:

Article below seems to be a good summary. The Biden administration really does not get along with Orban and haven't for a while. Hungary also has just signed a deal with Russia on the expansion of their nuclear reactor. This probably plays a role in the timing of this leak.

I do not think Orban is driven by fear but interests. He probably thinks the war will end soon and things will go back to normal. If he can secure a deal for cheap energy, that will give him an advantage to attract foreign investment. Audi already has a factory there.

The sanctions are considered for Hungary because they are a small country. On paper they meet NATO obligations (i.e. 2% spending) and Ukraine is not in NATO. Treating them like a hostile country will likely have the opposite of its intended effect.

https://www.intellinews.com/us-to-step-up-pressure-on-orban-government-may-levy-sanctions-against-hungarian-citizens-press-report-275472
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By strykr:

All very true.

I was just wondering why the US was threatening sanctions against Orban specifically. His obstinance on Sweden=NATO? Or something else.

I agree that Orban has gone 180 in the wrong direction in this war. If you like NATO but dont like doing NATO shit, it may be time to rethink. If you joined NATO because you were afraid of Russian aggression but now, afraid to help NATO because fear of...Russian aggression...then you are an idiot or a liar.

Article below seems to be a good summary. The Biden administration really does not get along with Orban and haven't for a while. Hungary also has just signed a deal with Russia on the expansion of their nuclear reactor. This probably plays a role in the timing of this leak.

I do not think Orban is driven by fear but interests. He probably thinks the war will end soon and things will go back to normal. If he can secure a deal for cheap energy, that will give him an advantage to attract foreign investment. Audi already has a factory there.

The sanctions are considered for Hungary because they are a small country. On paper they meet NATO obligations (i.e. 2% spending) and Ukraine is not in NATO. Treating them like a hostile country will likely have the opposite of its intended effect.

https://www.intellinews.com/us-to-step-up-pressure-on-orban-government-may-levy-sanctions-against-hungarian-citizens-press-report-275472

I think you can make an argument for interests-driven decision making before the war.  EU slow-rolling a nuke reactor but Russia agrees to help?  OK fair enough.
Wanting to keep Soros’ dirty mitts of their internal politics?  OK, Poland has done the same and incurred some of the same grief over it.
Poland has also done everything possible since to help Ukraine and cooperate with NATO.
Turkey has played hardball over their political and financial interests too.  But they have also provided quite significant military aid, a lot of it off the radar.  They play hardball, they get (some of) what they want, and then they cooperate.
Hungary continues to refuse aid, refuses even the transit of aid, and has repeatedly tried to block military and financial aid within the EU.
I actually don’t have a problem with hardball quid pro quo politics.  But we aren’t seeing that.  We’re seeing obstructionism which is not tied to fulfillment of quid pro quo demands, and that raises pretty significant questions about Orban’s motives.
I watch a fair amount of EU/NATO press content on youtube, and Stoltenberg recently made pretty clear reference to “getting Hungary’s concerns for minority rights addressed” or words to that effect.  So NATO/the EU appears to be interested in playing ball with Orban for his domestic political goals.  Will Orban reciprocate?  I doubt it.
I’m not well versed in the politics of Hungary’s nuke plant saga.  However I read through this link and it certainly doesn’t paint a black and white picture of EU stonewalling/Russia helping.  If anything it raises strong questions of Russia using both energy and money for political leverage against Hungary and Europe.  Which of course is the same boat that Germany was in, but Germany has largely bailed out of that and Hungary…hasn’t.
https://world-nuclear.org/information-library/country-profiles/countries-g-n/hungary.aspx
I reject the idea that “Orban may just think that everything will back to normal in a few months.”  Only an absolute moron would think that at this point, and Orban is not a moron.  The escalation of Russian barbarism and war crimes and the demand for war crimes trials and reparations will prevent any rapprochement with Europe for years if not decades.
We aren’t party to the reasoning behind a sanctions threat - yet.
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 9:08:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AROKIE:

@fadedsun
Southern Oklahoma Carter county

I'm gonna shoot you a PM!
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 9:08:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Capta] [#17]
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:
View Quote

A biblical reckoning is coming to these sons of bitches.
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 9:14:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Tiberius:

Pilsudski’s stillborn Intermarium project. Duda has been trying to make it happen since he came to power. Thanks to Putin, he may well realize his dream, at least in the form of a close alliance.

The irony of calling it the Warsaw Pact would be delicious.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Tiberius:
Originally Posted By maddmatt:
Originally Posted By CMOS:

Which begs the question: How do they pay for F35's!?

CMOS

I dont know. Maybe they are only getting 2, leased, or like a "time share" between them and Slovakia?

They could do like the Nordic countries have done and go in with neighbors to create a combined air defense. Even a few F35s gives them the ability to train more pilots, just case, and gather a lot of electronic intel.

They could form some sorta "Treaty of Friendship, Cooperation and Mutual Assistance"? Sign it somewhere historically significant, I hear Warsaw is nice?

Pilsudski’s stillborn Intermarium project. Duda has been trying to make it happen since he came to power. Thanks to Putin, he may well realize his dream, at least in the form of a close alliance.

The irony of calling it the Warsaw Pact would be delicious.

Maybe the Wasraw Pact?
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 9:16:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

I'm not sure they would solve all the problems the defenses pose, but CharlieR would probably be able to give us a good idea on what might work against what it shown.
View Quote

First thing you want is intel. I am sure the Ukrainians may be getting lots of help here. Look for a weak point, a way around perhaps.  

Assuming there isnt one:

The defense will be obstacles. The obstacles will have pre-planned artillery targets in front of them.  Infantry dug in, say 400 meters away.  ATGMs behind them.  Artillery and mortars behind them, and then tank counterattack forces behind that.

Assuming you have to attack this, some deception elsewhere to divert enemy attention is good.  You want SOSR.  That is suppress, obscure, secure (the far side, kill the defending grunts) reduce (the obstacle...
engineers, bulldozer blades, etc.

You want to look at all the defensive weapons overwatching the obstacle and kill or suppress them.

Kill the enemy headquarters.  Knock out the enemy ATGMs.  There are vehicles that can punch through obstacles but you really want to kill or suppress enemy AT before you do that.  You want to fight mounted, as that minimizes the effects of dumb field artillery rounds and it is much faster.  You want to knock out enemy artillery if you can, and you need to do this all quickly before the enemy counterattack comes.

To get through an obstacle belt, fast, you need to move through it fast, and generally that means you identify a weak point and kill everybody in that area rapidly.  In general, we are talking HIMARS, excalibur, main battle tanks, and UAVs...mobile killers that can mass on a place quickly and punch a hole through, so you can get through it quickly.  Lots and lots of satellite imagery and intel and UAVs to paint the picture for you, as its hard to kill things that hide well.  

Obstacle belt: Fill in the antitank trench with a bulldozer tanks, blow up the dragon teeth with demo, and then a mine roller or mine plow to breach mines.  Its not hard. Unless you get shot.  So before you start that, anybody that could take out your engineer tracks needs to die.

That's the bottom line.  Find a good breach point, maybe an area in a piece of low ground or not defended heavily, identify who can shoot the breachers, and shoot them first.  

I would guess that wherever the Ukrainians do go, they have tons and tons of intel going over the breach point with a fine tooth comb.  

Smoke is helpful.  FASCAM (Family of scatterable mines...artillery delivered minefields) in the path of the Russian counterattack is helpful. A couple of deception attacks to draw attention to the main one is helpful.  You may have SOF attack an artillery battery or a headquarters from the rear, or lay some mines in the road which buys you time, slows the counterattack down.

It is slow and tedious to clear trenches of infantry, and in general the key tasks are:

Kill artillery and ATGMs and enemy headquarters.
Make a breach
Get the tanks through the breach
Ambush the counterattack force
Have your lead echelons push forward while the 2nd or third wave hits the enemy trenches from behind and kill enemy grunts last.  But don't let that slow you down.
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 9:19:07 PM EDT
[#20]

Lolololololol

They painted emojis on the side of their plane.

Le Reddit moment.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Prime:

Prime Minister

Lolololololol

They painted emojis on the side of their plane.

Le Reddit moment.

Attachment Attached File

A strong contribution from a 27-post March-2023 join!
*click*
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 9:21:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By mokerr:

The only identifying thing I saw was white bands on their legs if that indicates anyone in particular. But I'm not an expert on kit like some. From my untrained eye it looks like the murderer is wearing multicam. Not sure if Russia has some kind of knock off.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/295808/1_PNG-2778986.JPG

Here's an image i took from the video. Possibly tape on their unit patches as well?
View Quote

Absolutely, lots of it.

Link Posted: 4/11/2023 9:26:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Capta:

A fucking biblical reckoning is coming to these sons of bitches.
View Quote

After the demonstrated behavior of Russian troops in Ukraine, I can't imagine how even the most forgiving of people can maintain any sympathy at all for the Russian soldier. Every time I see one of those fuckers get blown to pieces on video, I cheer! I don't feel even a little bit sorry for them. They are disgusting excuses for human fucking beings and the world becomes a slightly better place every time a Russian is taken out. I probably feel more sympathy for a group of wild Texas hogs that get tenderized by 10 lbs. of Tannerite. At least the hogs aren't intelligent enough to know what vile, disgusting, nuisances they are to the rest of the world. Russians purposely choose to be this way.

BTW, kudos to you for sending those 4 nice, lightweight rifles to Ukraine. Hopefully they will come in handy in helping Ukraine control their own "wild hog" problem.

BTW, I am assuming those lowers/stocks are some type of one piece polymer design? I've never had one but they look pretty nice, a bit like the old Cav Arms stuff from way back in the day. If they have A1 length buttstocks, I might have to explore getting one of these lowers someday for a similar lightweight, KISS project.
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 9:30:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By CharlieR:

First thing you want is intel. I am sure the Ukrainians may be getting lots of help here. Look for a weak point, a way around perhaps.  

Assuming there isnt one:

The defense will be obstacles. The obstacles will have pre-planned artillery targets in front of them.  Infantry dug in, say 400 meters away.  ATGMs behind them.  Artillery and mortars behind them, and then tank counterattack forces behind that.

Assuming you have to attack this, some deception elsewhere to divert enemy attention is good.  You want SOSR.  That is suppress, obscure, secure (the far side, kill the defending grunts) reduce (the obstacle...

You want to look at all the defensive weapons overwatching the obstacle and kill or suppress them.

Kill the enemy headquarters.  Knock out the enemy ATGMs.  There are vehicles that can punch through obstacles but you really want to kill or suppress enemy AT before you do that.  You want to fight mounted, as that minimizes the effects of dumb field artillery rounds and it is much faster.  You want to knock out enemy artillery if you can, and you need to do this all quickly before the enemy counterattack comes.

To get through an obstacle belt, fast, you need to move through it fast, and generally that means you identify a weak point and kill everybody in that area rapidly.  In general, we are talking HIMARS, excalibur, main battle tanks, and UAVs...mobile killers that can mass on a place quickly and punch a hole through, so you can get through it quickly.  Lots and lots of satellite imagery and intel and UAVs to paint the picture for you, as its hard to kill things that hide well.  

Obstacle belt: Fill in the antitank trench with a bulldozer tanks, blow up the dragon teeth with demo, and then a mine roller or mine plow to breach mines.  Its not hard. Unless you get shot.  So before you start that, anybody that could take out your engineer tracks needs to die.

That's the bottom line.  Find a good breach point, maybe an area in a piece of low ground or not defended heavily, identify who can shoot the breachers, and shoot them first.  

I would guess that wherever the Ukrainians do go, they have tons and tons of intel going over the breach point with a fine tooth comb.  

Smoke is helpful.  FASCAM (Family of scatterable mines...artillery delivered minefields) in the path of the Russian counterattack is helpful. A couple of deception attacks to draw attention to the main one is helpful.  You may have SOF attack an artillery battery or a headquarters from the rear, or lay some mines in the road which buys you time, slows the counterattack down.

It is slow and tedious to clear trenches of infantry, and in general the key tasks are:

Make a breach
Have your lead echelons push forward while the 2nd or third wave hits the enemy trenches from behind and kill enemy grunts last.  But don't let that slow you down.
View All Quotes

I'm not sure they would solve all the problems the defenses pose, but CharlieR would probably be able to give us a good idea on what might work against what it shown.

Assuming there isnt one:

Make a breach

Link Posted: 4/11/2023 9:31:20 PM EDT
[#24]

Assuming there isnt one:

Make a breach
View Quote

Man thanks for taking the time to post something like that. I get lost in the acronyms sometimes but you and a few others do really good on breaking things down
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 9:37:54 PM EDT
[#25]

Link Posted: 4/11/2023 9:47:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Probably too late to get these to Ukraine, but seems like it could be a major factor for the future of artillery.

Essentially a 155mm fired mini version of the Small Diameter Bomb, with a 150km range.

Sea Air Space 2023: General Atomics, SERCO NOMARS, Metal Shark LRUSV, Alseamar
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 9:49:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Atesh discovered the Russian fuel depot in Simferopol

Agent Atesha reports that it is here, in the container lane, that fuel is delivered for the Russian armed forces, which is subsequently delivered to the front.

Do you think we don't see queues of military fuel trucks? Atesh sees everything!

Thank you for using the payment bot "TukTuk"

https://t.me/atesh_ua/711

Russian soldiers disappear in Mariupol!
Locals say they hear skirmishes every evening, and military units regularly run out of soldiers.

Who or what is behind these events? We don't know) Also we don't know at all who is responsible for last week's bavovna. But 10 orcs knew for sure that they returned to their homeland in zinc coffins, who were lucky, of course ...

Atesh guarantees that rashists will not feel at home in Ukrainian Mariupol. We follow you on your heels, we know when and where you go and where you live!
Reckoning will overtake all our enemies and it has already begun!

https://t.me/atesh_ua/712
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 9:50:06 PM EDT
[#28]
The video is on Telegram. Extremely difficult to watch. It takes a full 90 seconds for the poor guys head to be cut off. He's alive for the first 15 seconds or so. It is absolutely real though
View Quote

Awful, thank you for summarizing it for us.
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 9:51:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jaehaerys] [#29]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ftdj-ScX0Ag2miC?format=png&name=medium

View Quote

I have to imagine that at this point, the Ukrainians have tons of tunnels from building to building in Bakhmut, so they can resupply positions without exposing themselves to drones and arty. I also think that they've probably rigged a ton of buildings to blow when the Russians enter them (I've seen at least one video of them triggering a house-borne IED when the Russians entered it). It's a very nasty fight, but the longer this goes on, the more I think I see the Ukrainian rationale for holding onto Bakhmut. They're grinding up a good bit of Russia's expendable manpower, and although I was expecting them to get encircled weeks ago, I've once again discovered that it's never a good idea to bet against Russian incompetence. Also, I think that fighting in Bakhmut might enable them to "hold the belt buckle" and limit the ability of Russian artillery to get into the fight.
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 9:57:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By MelGibsonEnthusiast:

I have to imagine that at this point, the Ukrainians have tons of tunnels from building to building in Bakhmut, so they can resupply positions without exposing themselves to drones and arty. I also think that they've probably rigged a ton of buildings to blow when the Russians enter them (I've seen at least one video of them triggering a house-borne IED when the Russians entered it). It's a very nasty fight, but the longer this goes on, the more I think I see the Ukrainian rationale for holding onto Bakhmut. They're grinding up a good bit of Russia's expendable manpower, and although I was expecting them to get encircled weeks ago, I've once again discovered that it's never a good idea to bet against Russian incompetence. Also, I think that fighting in Bakhmut might enable them to "hold the belt buckle" and limit the ability of Russian artillery to get into the fight.
View All Quotes

Earlier this morning, Wagner leader Prigozhin complained about the tunnels in Bakhmut that Ukrainians are using to continue the fight.
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 9:58:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Should be fun
https://www.vice.com/en/article/7kxvpb/leaked-pentagon-docs-share-wild-rumor-kremlin-plans-to-throw-putins-war-while-hes-getting-chemo
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 10:00:14 PM EDT
[#32]

Earlier this morning, Wagner leader Prigozhin complained about the tunnels in Bakhmut that Ukrainians are using to continue the fight.
View All Quotes

That's what I figured. Daesh was really able to make clearing operations difficult in Iraq due to their use of tunnels, and with the amount of time the Ukrainians have been in Bakhmut, they've likely got a whole bunch of them.
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 10:04:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 10:05:10 PM EDT
[#34]

Link Posted: 4/11/2023 10:07:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gentlemanfarmer] [#35]
Originally Posted By Jozsi:

They invaded us in 1848 and crushed our revolution.

Invaded again in 1919, again in 1945, again in 1956.

It's all so tiresome.

We are just a country of 10 million.

I hate the fucken orcs with a passion for killing and murdering my ded nagyapám and nagyapám.
They died frozen solid together..

Naked...as father and son.

Fuck that whole country to hell.

Damn it...all .....may it be grounded it ve grounded to powder.

View Quote

I got the energy side of it but it doesn’t explain the sabotage through loud proclamation “persecution” of Ukrainian Hungarians that Orban pushes so hard just like the poor oppressed Donbass people. The Hungarian is illegal people getting arrested for it, I’ve seen it on Hungarian news.

It was a topic I spent hours talking to a couple senior Hungarian Ukrainian officers (high level guys) about Orban Hungary. Hungary refuses to even supply minor weapons stuff that they could be banking off of. Think of all the ammo and arms deals being lost to Bulgaria/Poland/Slovakia/Czechia etc. Hungary could be building everything that goes bang and charging double. They are not, they can’t veto other sales anymore but they did for years.

The Hungarian ethic officers all said that Hungary has had secret “embassies” selling EU passports to anyone that could even pretend to be Hungarian. The use diplo immunity and have basically passport markets that they try to shut down. That there’s fewer than 40k ethnic Hungarians that speak Hungarian left in Ukraine. The last official census was decades ago and it was like 200k then. Since then 80% have left. That’s their best estimate.oh yeah about half of those are gypsies. Those that stay make money off business, tourism, smuggling etc and are not unhappy. It’s a pot that Orban stirs but under orders from Moscow. He’s even asked for parts of Ukraine in return during negotiations. He’s on putins side 100%

Other languages are not illegal and everyone in Ukraine is at least bi lingual enough to know Russian and or something else be it Ukrainian, English, Hungarian, Romanian, Yiddish whatever. This drama with Hungary started in concert with Russian psyops in Ukraine. It’s not a coincidence. They follow the same timelines. Energy could have been purchased cheaply from Ukraine before the war, however I’m not an energy expert, so I’ll shut up on that issue.

The migrant crisis was a Russian op at least partially as well. So Orban aligns with the country that sends migrants in and caused the gas crisis. Stirs up shit like Poor Russians abused in Donbass that follows same narrative. I do know that Russia corrupts anywhere it has gas money. It’s a given, whether it’s Germany, Ukraine, Hungary, Austria

Not saying a border shouldn’t be protected, just seems that Orban played it like Trump did. It’s something a lot of the Trump supporters ( myself duped once) learned after the smoke settled. It’s easy to wave the flag on issues like immigration, open borders etc amg get people to support you. Reality for Hungary, the migrants were sent by Russia, and 95% want Germany, France, or Sweden where there’s free shit. Hungary where no one wants them not so much. It’s like Cali and sanctuary states/cities here although not exactly the same.

Anyway Hungary could be making mega cash off the war. Relighting the forges of soviet era industry, building/fixing tanks, engines, rockets, ammo, artillery, firearms etc. countries in the border are getting paid (except those that choose Russia). Heck even Bulgaria and Serbia said F it and is helping now, countries with even deeper ties to the Orcs. Im waiting for Feg stuff to show up in Russian captured stuff, sad but true. I know it’s complicated, lots of Hungarians know what Russia is but it’s time to get on the team. A post war world with Ukrainian victory will see a real power rise between Poland/Ukraine/the Baltics/Czech/Slovaks etc. none of those are going open borders or globohomo and it will rebalance EU policies in the long term. It’s a good thing. Orban is outfor himself not Hungary.
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 10:13:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

If they sell them to India, they just could sell them to Russia.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

F35s to India would be a security nightmare

If they sell them to India, they just could sell them to Russia.

Or China for that matter.

They'll have a group of Chinese "tourists" visit the hangars in off hours.
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 10:16:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By GTLandser:

This is what every other commentator I have read/heard has said: for what Ukraine needs most for their upcoming offensive, they can do 95% of what really needs doing without F-16s at all. They have air defenses to keep the worst Russian air attacks away, and GLMRS, Excalibur, and other artillery can reach to the depth necessary to support an offensive just fine, for a fraction of the cost of any aircraft.

I still think they should be leaning forward and at least getting the pilots trained, but it will take YEARS before Ukrainian pilots are flying and supporting F16s from home soil.
View Quote

We could have 12-18 F16s flying almost immediately if it was permitted. Enough to fire harms and AMRAMs and keep the Russians away and occasionally drop an enhanced JDAM.

It would make a huge difference. The surrounding countries can and would help on the tail. Heck enough f16 pilots have volunteered to fly and Eastern European maintainers have said  let’s do it.
Logistics is not the problem
It’s political. USA hasn’t gone all in yet. We should get Ukraine on our airframes as it’s a numbers game. More the better. It would make a huge difference. The Ukrainian Air Force losses are bad because they’re shooting at 1/2 the range with missiles 2x as old. Too many have died. If they can put AMRAMs on mig 29s ok, but doing that requires the cost of used block 40. Not worth it.
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 10:17:07 PM EDT
[#38]

I think I saw an image from some conflict of people cooking food using the explosives taken from the ERA modules like Esbit tabs.
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 10:17:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By BlackHoleSon:

Man thanks for taking the time to post something like that. I get lost in the acronyms sometimes but you and a few others do really good on breaking things down
View Quote

Any armored or mech brigade that goes to the National Training Center does this a couple of times.
At the Joint Readiness training Center in Louisiana, they do a modified version, but they practice the defense and dig in.

So most combat arms people in the US Army are pretty familiar with these techniques.  Its pretty common knowledge.  NBD.
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 10:20:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By gentlemanfarmer:

I got the energy side of it but it doesn’t explain the sabotage through loud proclamation “persecution” of Ukrainian Hungarians that Orban pushes so hard just like the poor oppressed Donbass people. The Hungarian is illegal people getting arrested for it, I’ve seen it on Hungarian news.

It was a topic I spent hours talking to a couple senior Hungarian Ukrainian officers (high level guys) about Orban Hungary. Hungary refuses to even supply minor weapons stuff that they could be banking off of. Think of all the ammo and arms deals being lost to Bulgaria/Poland/Slovakia/Czechia etc. Hungary could be building everything that goes bang and charging double. They are not, they can’t veto other sales anymore but they did for years.

The Hungarian ethic officers all said that Hungary has had secret “embassies” selling EU passports to anyone that could even pretend to be Hungarian. The use diplo immunity and have basically passport markets that they try to shut down. That there’s fewer than 40k ethnic Hungarians that speak Hungarian left in Ukraine. The last official census was decades ago and it was like 200k then. Since then 80% have left. That’s their best estimate.oh yeah about half of those are gypsies. Those that stay make money off business, tourism, smuggling etc and are not unhappy. It’s a pot that Orban stirs but under orders from Moscow. He’s even asked for parts of Ukraine in return during negotiations. He’s on putins side 100%

Other languages are not illegal and everyone in Ukraine is at least bi lingual enough to know Russian and or something else be it Ukrainian, English, Hungarian, Romanian, Yiddish whatever. This drama with Hungary started in concert with Russian psyops in Ukraine. It’s not a coincidence. They follow the same timelines. Energy could have been purchased cheaply from Ukraine before the war, however I’m not an energy expert, so I’ll shut up on that issue.

The migrant crisis was a Russian op at least partially as well. So Orban aligns with the country that sends migrants in and caused the gas crisis. Stirs up shit like Poor Russians abused in Donbass that follows same narrative. I do know that Russia corrupts anywhere it has gas money. It’s a given, whether it’s Germany, Ukraine, Hungary, Austria

Not saying a border shouldn’t be protected, just seems that Orban played it like Trump did. It’s something a lot of the Trump supporters ( myself duped once) learned after the smoke settled. It’s easy to wave the flag on issues like immigration, open borders etc amg get people to support you. Reality for Hungary, the migrants were sent by Russia, and 95% want Germany, France, or Sweden where there’s free shit. Hungary where no one wants them not so much. It’s like Cali and sanctuary states/cities here although not exactly the same.

Anyway Hungary could be making mega cash off the war. Relighting the forges of soviet era industry, building/fixing tanks, engines, rockets, ammo, artillery, firearms etc. countries in the border are getting paid (except those that choose Russia). Heck even Bulgaria and Serbia said F it and is helping now, countries with even deeper ties to the Orcs. Im waiting for Feg stuff to show up in Russian captured stuff, sad but true. I know it’s complicated, lots of Hungarians know what Russia is but it’s time to get on the team. A post war world with Ukrainian victory will see a real power rise between Poland/Ukraine/the Baltics/Czech/Slovaks etc. none of those are going open borders or globohomo and it will rebalance EU policies in the long term. It’s a good thing. Orban sour for himself not Hungary.
View Quote

AK fans will know, but to clarify for others: FEG
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 10:21:58 PM EDT
[#41]

Any armored or mech brigade that goes to the National Training Center does this a couple of times.
At the Joint Readiness training Center in Louisiana, they do a modified version, but they practice the defense and dig in.

So most combat arms people in the US Army are pretty familiar with these techniques.  Its pretty common knowledge.  NBD.
View Quote

Fuck I just got back from an NTC rotation with a whole lot of China Lake thrown in. Currently drinking to forget the NTC part.
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 10:25:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Current news as of 04/11/23

In the central part, the situation is critical, the orcs are advancing slowly with slow steps, but with their meat pressure, gaining control over several alleys on "Kowalska" Street, the pressure is simply unbelievable because they are coming from all places, they are hitting with artillery no matter where , there were cases when they even beat on their new positions. The intensity is simply insane, they occupied, we returned and so on a daily basis several times a day. Therefore, judging by the intensity, it is still too early to say whether we are winning or losing positions, because neither we nor they want to leave.

On the southern side, everything is more or less stable, the guys are holding the defense and during the night they repelled a bunch of underground assault attacks, not giving them the opportunity to advance somewhere, but there were advances, there was no consolidation of positions, the guys fought back without a chance.

On the northern side of the city, the situation is also a little tense, because there are regular skirmishes, the enemy is actively storming "Peremogy" street, where it has little success in advancing, occupying several new positions, not critical, but sad.

I hugged everyone, lifted them up, twisted them and put them in their place ❤️
Everything will be Ukraine🇺🇦
(I wrote the news in the morning, but I didn’t send it. I think I made some corrections, it’s relevant.)

Source: Peredovych0k
Bakhmut. Life | Chat | Write to us

https://t.me/bakhmut_life/24089

🪖 #Bahmut!

The enemy captured more than half of the territory of the railway station. But the Defense Forces do not allow them to gain a foothold.
In other places east of the railway, fighting is no less fierce. Ours are holding on!

Fighting continues in the southwestern districts of the city. The enemy had minimal success, ours mostly prevent the invaders from gaining a foothold.
The enemy does not stop trying to advance in the Ivanovo and Khromovo areas in order to surround our garrison in the city. They have no success.

What's more, in the Khromovo area they have to climb a mountain. And this is a shooting range, because the enemies are perfectly visible, and the area is shot.

Along the Rozdolivka-Vasyukivka-Vesele line, the occupiers continue replenishing reserves for a "decisive" strike in the direction of Siversk.

Now the Defense Forces are fighting the most difficult battles for Bakhmut. Therefore, they need to help as much as possible, so that the disposal of enemies is more effective!

Source: @myro_shnykov

https://t.me/bakhmut_life/24093

🪖Bakhmut shade!

In recent days, the enemy managed to occupy the railway station, the elevator, the agricultural lyceum and the "Avangard" stadium. The flanks of the "Wagner" combat units have long been fortified with airborne units. Recently, reinforcements of Denere baboons were also transferred. The enemy concentrates its strike forces on a relatively small area of the front in the city itself and delivers distracting/disruptive strikes from the north and south - a side effect of the convexity of the contact line.

Source: @DeepStateUA

https://t.me/bakhmut_life/24102

🕶🕶🕶 on the fronts as of April 11, 2023

▶️ Belomosk and Siver shades — no changes.

▶️ Matchmaker touch - local battles continue along the contact line. Near Novoselivskyi, the enemy's attempts to advance failed. In the forests of Kreminnaya, the enemy continues to build up pressure with the aim of ousting the defense forces from Serebryansk Forestry.

▶️ Bakhmut shade - in recent days, the enemy managed to occupy the railway station, the elevator, the agrarian lyceum and the "Avangard" stadium. The flanks of the "Wagner" combat units have long been fortified with airborne units. Recently, reinforcements of Denere baboons were also transferred. The enemy concentrates its strike forces on a relatively small area of the front in the city itself and delivers distracting/disruptive strikes from the north and south - a side effect of the convexity of the contact line.

▶️ Avdiivskyi tintok - another attack by katsaps in Pervomaisky choked. Attempts by the enemy to improve the tactical position in Mariintka and near Krasnohorivka are ongoing. Near Vodyanyi, the enemy was never able to gain a foothold, having lost manpower.

▶️ Zaporizhia shade — no changes.

▶️ Taurian shade - no changes.

🗂 Analytical note. In general, the dynamics in Bakhmut has become - the enemy has a tendency to advance with significant forces on a limited section of the front. Be careful when watching the winning insiders who, after our changes, will suddenly start writing the same thing or will wait a couple of days for a visual confirmation of the changes to appear. Everyone is telling the truth - it is very difficult in Bakhmut, it is "exploding" in Bakhmut, and we know this very well. But it is worth analyzing and accepting the realities as they are, so as not to be disappointed later.

🛰 Maxar satellite images from April 10 confirm the destruction of the Bakhmut city council, the tax office building and some other buildings for which the fighting was going on.

🫡 We would like to celebrate the heroism of the boys from the 1st Mechanized Battalion "Wolves of Da Vinci" 67 OMBr, who repelled and held important landings near the road to Bakhmut for one and a half months. Those who know what landings we are talking about will understand.

💬In case of inaccuracies, you can inform us about it via the bot @newsdeepstatebot.

https://t.me/DeepStateUA/16266

Link Posted: 4/11/2023 10:25:13 PM EDT
[#43]

The fact you can't recognize this as nonsense virtue signaling is on you, my man.

Make sure you ignore the failures of the mighty "counter offensive".....assuming the AFU still does it
View All Quotes

Another refugee from /pol/ goes my ignore list.

The fact you can't recognize this as nonsense virtue signaling is on you, my man.

Make sure you ignore the failures of the mighty "counter offensive".....assuming the AFU still does it

It couldn’t be worse than the Russian “offensive!”
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 10:37:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tiberius] [#44]
Originally Posted By Charging_Handle:

After the demonstrated behavior of Russian troops in Ukraine, I can't imagine how even the most forgiving of people can maintain any sympathy at all for the Russian soldier. Every time I see one of those fuckers get blown to pieces on video, I cheer! I don't feel even a little bit sorry for them. They are disgusting excuses for human fucking beings and the world becomes a slightly better place every time a Russian is taken out. I probably feel more sympathy for a group of wild Texas hogs that get tenderized by 10 lbs. of Tannerite. At least the hogs aren't intelligent enough to know what vile, disgusting, nuisances they are to the rest of the world. Russians purposely choose to be this way.

BTW, kudos to you for sending those 4 nice, lightweight rifles to Ukraine. Hopefully they will come in handy in helping Ukraine control their own "wild hog" problem.

BTW, I am assuming those lowers/stocks are some type of one piece polymer design? I've never had one but they look pretty nice, a bit like the old Cav Arms stuff from way back in the day. If they have A1 length buttstocks, I might have to explore getting one of these lowers someday for a similar lightweight, KISS project.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Charging_Handle:

A fucking biblical reckoning is coming to these sons of bitches.

They are from KE Arms. Get on their mailing list before you order one, they are running a 25% discount on polymer lowers to defray the spurious GEWACs lawsuit. I got one last year before our ban and quite like it.

They are one piece lowers that have A1 length stocks. You can get them stripped or complete. Not recommended for big boy calibers like .450 Bushmaster or .458.
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 10:37:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#45]

The problem with cutting all ties is that the Paks and Paks II are Russian designed stations that are proprietary setups with absolutely no compatibility with western designs.

" just go buy power in the common market" is what the EU said.  Look where we are now.

Hungary is surviving barely now because they have independent power from Paks I.

I don't like him very much and I hate the fucken situation we are in but more blame is on the EU and the West for kicking dirt and making excuses for not giving good terms for Hungary when they needed nuclear power and energy for the country.
They were fine giving good terms for Poland but they want Hungary on its knees because of the 2015 migrant crisis and Hungary said fuck you to the invasion.

View All Quotes

I appreciate their energy and conservative social values, but getting into bed with Russia  for that energy is hypocritical. All the bad liberal thinking in the West came from Russia. Political correctness is a Russian invention.

They really need to recalibrate their values meter. What country has prospered with Russia as a strategic partner? And Orban doesn’t see how that partnership could put him in a bind with NATO?  Or that Russia would use that dependence to subvert control in Hungary like they did in Germany. Link up with Russia and you will get plenty of globohomo politics.

The problem is he is using his NATO (military) veto against a non-NATO or EU member for leverage against an EU (commercial) issue. It looks childish.

Work it out through EU channels. Conflating commercial issues with region defense actions is dumb. He is burning bridges without offering anything constructive.

If he is so opposed to EU globohomo immigration no-Nuke policies then why join EU?  If he isn’t going to cooperate on region defense then why did he join NATO? You don’t join a club as a newbie junior member and then throw fits because the club isn’t how you like things. Join and then cooperate and try to influence as you contribute and gain credibility.
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 10:41:44 PM EDT
[#46]

I think you can make an argument for interests-driven decision making before the war.  EU slow-rolling a nuke reactor but Russia agrees to help?  OK fair enough.
Wanting to keep Soros’ dirty mitts of their internal politics?  OK, Poland has done the same and incurred some of the same grief over it.
Poland has also done everything possible since to help Ukraine and cooperate with NATO.
Turkey has played hardball over their political and financial interests too.  But they have also provided quite significant military aid, a lot of it off the radar.  They play hardball, they get (some of) what they want, and then they cooperate.
Hungary continues to refuse aid, refuses even the transit of aid, and has repeatedly tried to block military and financial aid within the EU.
I actually don’t have a problem with hardball quid pro quo politics.  But we aren’t seeing that.  We’re seeing obstructionism which is not tied to fulfillment of quid pro quo demands, and that raises pretty significant questions about Orban’s motives.
I watch a fair amount of EU/NATO press content on youtube, and Stoltenberg recently made pretty clear reference to “getting Hungary’s concerns for minority rights addressed” or words to that effect.  So NATO/the EU appears to be interested in playing ball with Orban for his domestic political goals.  Will Orban reciprocate?  I doubt it.
I’m not well versed in the politics of Hungary’s nuke plant saga.  However I read through this link and it certainly doesn’t paint a black and white picture of EU stonewalling/Russia helping.  If anything it raises strong questions of Russia using both energy and money for political leverage against Hungary and Europe.  Which of course is the same boat that Germany was in, but Germany has largely bailed out of that and Hungary…hasn’t.
https://world-nuclear.org/information-library/country-profiles/countries-g-n/hungary.aspx
I reject the idea that “Orban may just think that everything will back to normal in a few months.”  Only an absolute moron would think that at this point, and Orban is not a moron.  The escalation of Russian barbarism and war crimes and the demand for war crimes trials and reparations will prevent any rapprochement with Europe for years if not decades.
We aren’t party to the reasoning behind a sanctions threat - yet.
View Quote

This pretty much, Irban has hurt Hungary financially. Problem is that he has a lot of outside help and is pretty much a dictator. The average Hungarian has been hoodwinked.

Everyone that is a major seller of arms, I’m sure Hungary has bunkers of 152mm grads, t72s and others they could sell for money. They don’t, he’s directly opposed to Ukraine because Russia told him too. He could play like Bulgaria, make money and pretend he’s not selling arms or factories could be re-opening to build shells etc. he’s just a Putin puppet. That’s it. The Hungarian persecution is all bullshit unless you consider the periodic clean out of gypsy camps in some towns but they are mostly from Romania/Moldova etc. some Hungarians but soo many Hungarians are fighting on the UA side it’s a silly argument. I’m waiting for Orban to prosecute Hungarian volunteers or something when they go home. I hope he doesn’t go that low but he’s a pariah and he’s bringing Hungary with him. All the petty argument stuff is irrelevant under threat of WW3. He’s obligated by treaty to pick a side on this and he has.
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 10:49:58 PM EDT
[#47]
Reading this article, and one analyst states that Ukraine won't be ready for an Offensive until June or even July.  And says that starting any earlier will make it much more difficult to get a positive outcome from an offensive

https://news.yahoo.com/now-never-ukraine-readies-difficult-121930350.html

"Who knows when Ukraine will get this chance again," said Mykola Bielieskov, a research fellow at the National Institute for Strategic Studies in Kyiv."

"He estimated that Ukraine's offensive preparations may culminate by June or July, much later than other forecasts of later this month or early May.

"Everyone in Kyiv understands that an offensive launched prematurely is less likely to succeed," Bielieskov added."
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 10:50:04 PM EDT
[#48]

Absolutely, lots of it.

View All Quotes

The only identifying thing I saw was white bands on their legs if that indicates anyone in particular. But I'm not an expert on kit like some. From my untrained eye it looks like the murderer is wearing multicam. Not sure if Russia has some kind of knock off.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/295808/1_PNG-2778986.JPG

Here's an image i took from the video. Possibly tape on their unit patches as well?

Absolutely, lots of it.

Unfortunately multicam is Wagners and Chechian kit #1.
Crye was nice enough to rush 6 months of production to Russia in 2017 and license it. Where it comes from now? Who knows, everywhere! but probably woven/sewn clone garments from Turkey, China, USA, Vietnam, and Russia. Look at the # of Lowas taken from Russian soldiers, it’s obscene. New stuff as their soles don’t age well. Lowas tactical boots have a 5 year sole life maximum unless it’s their German stuff.
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 10:50:10 PM EDT
[#49]

Fake. The pilot was easily identifiable as being American. UK is absolutely not getting A10s.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Banditman:
Originally Posted By Easterner:
I'm not sure this is accurate, but both sides sure are talking about it.

Good article out of Bulgaria.

https://bulgarianmilitary.com/amp/2023/04/11/f-16-fighter-pilots-are-welcome-to-fight-su-27-or-su-35-ukraine

A modern day "Flying Tigers" would be epic. Or maybe find out what the Russians called their unit flying Mig 15 during the Korean war and name our unit the same...

Photoshop paint job, or video game?  Not the first time I have seen a picture of an F-16 painted in Ukrainian camo.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/F-16s-painted-over-with-Ukrainian-insign-2778621.JPG

They showed Ukrainians doing time in A10's on a recent warthog vid. Not sure if real, but was interesting.

Fake. The pilot was easily identifiable as being American. UK is absolutely not getting A10s.

I don't think the Brits would want them anyway.
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 10:59:36 PM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes

They really need to recalibrate their values meter. What country has prospered with Russia as a strategic partner? And Orban doesn't see how that partnership could put him in a bind with NATO?  Or that Russia would use that dependence to subvert control in Hungary like they did in Germany. Link up with Russia and you will get plenty of globohomo politics.

With the Poles and the Czechs getting Western reactors, I don't see what the big deal is with the Hungarians getting in on the action. Are they looking for Western tech at a Russian price?
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3856 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top