Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3860 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 4/12/2023 2:50:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Prime:
❗️The Washington Post has published satellite images of large-scale defensive positions of the Russian Armed Forces, equipped on the Crimean Peninsula recently.

For obvious reasons, the largest positions are mainly built in the north of Crimea: near Lake Sivash near the village of Medvedovka (next to the former Chongar checkpoint), as well as along the North Crimean Canal near Armyansk, the villages of Maslovo and Novoivanovka.

However, positions are also being built in the west of Crimea, in particular, on the coast near the village of Vitino. There, in addition to the standard trenches, bunkers, caponiers and "dragon's teeth", you can see artillery pieces already brought to direct fire.

Thus, it can be stated that the Russian command has abandoned the veil of illusions and, against the background of the coming enemy counteroffensive, is building a competent echeloned defense of the peninsula, which also includes positions on the coast and in the depths of the peninsula. And the North Crimean Canal, following the example of the Ingulets River or the Seversky Donets, is planned to be used as a natural defensive barrier.

@milinfolive

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/203719/02ECE9B5-2DB6-4880-9C32-405B3730A4BA-2779832.jpg
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/203719/CB1EBF26-693C-4EEE-943E-C98A60F1A3C5-2779831.jpg
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/203719/CB1EBF26-693C-4EEE-943E-C98A60F1A3C5-2779830.jpg
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/203719/7113A7E0-D63D-41A5-A201-2EC71358AC70-2779829.jpg
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/203719/18CC06BD-B0C4-4A26-840C-CAEAAAA85537-2779828.jpg
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/203719/B36AD8F7-D6A6-4032-ACFE-018CDFF392AB-2779827.jpg
View Quote

It won't matter.

They mostly come at night, mostly . . . . .

CMOS
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 2:50:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Charging_Handle:
Isolationism is one of the stupidest ideas in American politics. That was true in the 1930s. It is equally true today.

Either we use our wealth, power and global influence to help shape the world we live in, or we sit back and allow China and Russia to do it, then be forced to react to a world shaped in someone else's favor.

The U.S. certainly isn't perfect and doesn't have a perfect track record when it comes to world affairs. But I damn sure prefer a world where we are the guiding force over one dominated by China, Russia, Iran, North Korea and other fucktarded, oppressive regimes. It is no different than being actively involved in shaping our local neighborhoods. If the locals allow the shitheads within a community to set the tone, then the whole neighborhood becomes a shithole. Sometimes it is necessary to stand up to shitheads, be it the local thug selling Fentanyl on the streets to the thug in charge of a foreign nation that behaves in a similar manner to the drug dealer, just on a larger scale. Evil flourishes when good people do nothing and allow it to happen.
View Quote

Well said, sir.  A lot of us just want to be left the fuck alone; but just like eating your dinner, you've got to go out every day and earn that right to be left alone.  It's not fair; but the world isn't very fair either.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 2:50:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By voyager3:

Mine is on head games all the way until the Abramses show up. Unless Russia pulls an ASOIAF plot twist.
View Quote

Dragons?

Forces from Sunspear or the Reach?

Do they have a Tyrion? If so then I’d worry.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 2:57:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
Cannot wait for the epic footage.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FthwbPvXgAAufWl?format=png&name=medium
View Quote

Considering the fact that the Ukrainian tend to integrate what appear to be higher-quality infantry  formations with tanks, my guess is that the lifespan of these "special scout RPG-7 teams" will be Nasty, Brutish, and Short.  Knowing what I know about STINGER ambush tactics, the goal is to "shoot and scoot".  Reengaging multiple times against a single ground target in the proximity of trained and experienced enemy infantry as a repetitive tactic seems to have a few obstacles to overcome on the way being a successful TTP for the Orcs.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 2:58:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Jozsi:

You are spinning it way to fast. Slow down please.

1st problem is that those reactors are proprietary like I said.

It's like trying to shoehorn AR parts in an AK.
Some might work but not all of them.

I wish those reactors would be gone but like it or not, the EU could have done a better job in offering nuclear energy incentives instead their position was that much of Eastern Europe needs to learn to buy energy in the common market and nukie is bad bad bad.

In the end, offer Hungary a better term and conditions and they will drop it quite it easily.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Capta:
Originally Posted By Dracster:
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:
Originally Posted By RockNwood:

I appreciate their energy and conservative social values, but getting into bed with Russia  for that energy is hypocritical. All the bad liberal thinking in the West came from Russia. Political correctness is a Russian invention.

They really need to recalibrate their values meter. What country has prospered with Russia as a strategic partner? And Orban doesn't see how that partnership could put him in a bind with NATO?  Or that Russia would use that dependence to subvert control in Hungary like they did in Germany. Link up with Russia and you will get plenty of globohomo politics.

I agree. Maybe getting into bed with Russia sounded good before they outed themselves as the orcs they always were. But after the invasion, Orban should have cut all ties with Putin.

Although I dont think Russia/Soviets/Marx invented political correctness any more than they invented lying: I think it is old like other human rhetorical tools to manipulate and divide.

The problem with cutting all ties is that the Paks and Paks II are Russian designed stations that are proprietary setups with absolutely no compatibility with western designs.

This is the problem that Hungary is in.

The EU and Obama and everyone since then doesn't want nukes anymore.

" just go buy power in the common market" is what the EU said.  Look where we are now.

Hungary is surviving barely now because they have independent power from Paks I.
I really wish people would understand Orbans position.

I don't like him very much and I hate the fucken situation we are in but more blame is on the EU and the West for kicking dirt and making excuses for not giving good terms for Hungary when they needed nuclear power and energy for the country.
They were fine giving good terms for Poland but they want Hungary on its knees because of the 2015 migrant crisis and Hungary said fuck you to the invasion.

With the Poles and the Czechs getting Western reactors, I don't see what the big deal is with the Hungarians getting in on the action. Are they looking for Western tech at a Russian price?

henceforth the problem... the fucken orcs offered a zero percent 25 year loan for the reactors.

Reading that article I posted makes it pretty damn clear that games are being played not only with the knowhow but with the financial structuring.  Putin moved his offer from 80% financing to 100% financing, and Hungary doesn’t even start paying on the loan until the reactors go online.  Moscow basically handed a Hungary a shit ton of free money, a jobs program, and two reactors.  That’s a good starting point for understanding Orban’s decision making.
There has to be heavy Kompromat on him too.  After all, looking at Russia spiraling into deeper and deeper shit, an unethical but rational actor would simply say, thanks for the billions and the reactors, now go pound sand and by the way what are you going to do about it?  We’re in NATO, bitch!  Erdogan would do this so fast it would make your freaking head spin.
There is no rational reason for Orban to screw Hungary out of significant financial and political opportunities like he is.  Europe is going to remember this, to say nothing of Ukraine.  Putin has him by the balls, somehow.

You are spinning it way to fast. Slow down please.

1st problem is that those reactors are proprietary like I said.

It's like trying to shoehorn AR parts in an AK.
Some might work but not all of them.

I wish those reactors would be gone but like it or not, the EU could have done a better job in offering nuclear energy incentives instead their position was that much of Eastern Europe needs to learn to buy energy in the common market and nukie is bad bad bad.

In the end, offer Hungary a better term and conditions and they will drop it quite it easily.

If Orban evaluates offers mostly on an initial monetary basis then Russia will obviously win that game. They have to offer it cheap because becoming dependent on Russia comes with a lot of other baggage. It is called bait. Cheap goods to gain the other’s dependence which brings political compliance. Russia doesn’t offer cheap prices because they are competitive capitalists.  
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 3:01:32 PM EDT
[#6]

Orban would have been wise to emulate the successes of Poland. Maybe piggyback off some of their moves.

If independence is a high priority for them and being a small country nukes are a bad path. It is a wonderful baseline generation capability but the technology and fuel are highly controlled by larger countries. Also, large Nuke plants like the Russian ones are not the answer. If they pursue nuclear power the French approach if more numerous and smaller plants is much better.

Located near the ME they could have multi-supplier options with natural gas. It is clean and the generation can be quickly ramped up or down to meet demand.
View All Quotes

I think you can make an argument for interests-driven decision making before the war.  EU slow-rolling a nuke reactor but Russia agrees to help?  OK fair enough.
Wanting to keep Soros’ dirty mitts of their internal politics?  OK, Poland has done the same and incurred some of the same grief over it.
Poland has also done everything possible since to help Ukraine and cooperate with NATO.
Turkey has played hardball over their political and financial interests too.  But they have also provided quite significant military aid, a lot of it off the radar.  They play hardball, they get (some of) what they want, and then they cooperate.
Hungary continues to refuse aid, refuses even the transit of aid, and has repeatedly tried to block military and financial aid within the EU.
I actually don’t have a problem with hardball quid pro quo politics.  But we aren’t seeing that.  We’re seeing obstructionism which is not tied to fulfillment of quid pro quo demands, and that raises pretty significant questions about Orban’s motives.
I watch a fair amount of EU/NATO press content on youtube, and Stoltenberg recently made pretty clear reference to “getting Hungary’s concerns for minority rights addressed” or words to that effect.  So NATO/the EU appears to be interested in playing ball with Orban for his domestic political goals.  Will Orban reciprocate?  I doubt it.
I’m not well versed in the politics of Hungary’s nuke plant saga.  However I read through this link and it certainly doesn’t paint a black and white picture of EU stonewalling/Russia helping.  If anything it raises strong questions of Russia using both energy and money for political leverage against Hungary and Europe.  Which of course is the same boat that Germany was in, but Germany has largely bailed out of that and Hungary…hasn’t.
https://world-nuclear.org/information-library/country-profiles/countries-g-n/hungary.aspx
I reject the idea that “Orban may just think that everything will back to normal in a few months.”  Only an absolute moron would think that at this point, and Orban is not a moron.  The escalation of Russian barbarism and war crimes and the demand for war crimes trials and reparations will prevent any rapprochement with Europe for years if not decades.
We aren’t party to the reasoning behind a sanctions threat - yet.

I agree. I think Orban has personal animosity towards Zelensky and maybe Ukraine in general on top of all the legitimate concerns Hungary has with the EU. Maybe he also assumed that a quick Russian victory would be followed by very favorable terms for the Hungarian minorities in Ukraine. As an ethnic Hungarian who supports Orban in domestic policies, I am very frustrated by his stupid games over Ukraine.

Orban would have been wise to emulate the successes of Poland. Maybe piggyback off some of their moves.

If independence is a high priority for them and being a small country nukes are a bad path. It is a wonderful baseline generation capability but the technology and fuel are highly controlled by larger countries. Also, large Nuke plants like the Russian ones are not the answer. If they pursue nuclear power the French approach if more numerous and smaller plants is much better.

Located near the ME they could have multi-supplier options with natural gas. It is clean and the generation can be quickly ramped up or down to meet demand.

We tried to do that but failed because of Italy and Slovenia and Croatia being assholes about it.

Hey let's all share and create a pipeline.

They all said no.

Link Posted: 4/12/2023 3:03:00 PM EDT
[#7]

Yeah, this is why I don't believe these leaks.  The info is all there from literally public sources and in this thread.  The fact one document claims there were 0 Russian S-300 systems knocked out is rubbish.  We have multiple videos and photos of S-300 systems and radar units destroyed on the Russian side.   Other numbers don't add up as well.
View All Quotes

Yeah, this is why I don't believe these leaks.  The info is all there from literally public sources and in this thread.  The fact one document claims there were 0 Russian S-300 systems knocked out is rubbish.  We have multiple videos and photos of S-300 systems and radar units destroyed on the Russian side.   Other numbers don't add up as well.

The "leaked reports" play word games with the SAM losses. It lists "battalion" losses. The Russians have lost individual TEL/TELARs and radars but not a "battalions" worth yet. It's also an odd reference because the use of Battery and Regiment are more common.

It looks like Battalion might be the new thing. the online stuff says a battery was 12 TEL/TELARs and a battalion is 6-8.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 3:07:15 PM EDT
[#8]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/203719/1CDBAA6B-C6A8-423C-83E0-7C5F42D3FEFA-2779798.jpg

Currently, the situation in the Northern operational zone allows not only to constantly strengthen the defense, but also to engage purposefully in the acquisition of military skills by servicemen.
An obstacle course has been built, provides comprehensive training for two or three units at once and includes action as part of the unit. In particular, department commanders acquire management and leadership skills here, and their subordinate servicemen practice running in tanks, deploying in combat formations, and overcoming various obstacles that simulate real combat operations.

Together we will win!

@SerhiyNaiev

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/203719/B00AD7BC-7ED9-4EEC-8C2D-F4FC62BE6234-2779803.jpg
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/203719/3D5AB425-51A6-4D5D-8D62-AFEF3AD8594C-2779801.jpg
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/203719/77EF3573-E6A3-4B0C-BE8E-37F1580D4B05-2779802.jpg
View Quote

Personally I am A-OK if the Ukrainians want to delay their offensive until June to get a few more reps in. The Russians don't seem to be able to re-generate their forces in any significant way, and every rehearsal the UAF conducts will make them a little more prepared.

They will need it, just due to the scale and complexity of what they are attempting.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 3:11:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By jhereg:

Unless they're planning on starting a shooting war that might be a bit extreme.     I was thinking more of a freedom of navigation type thing.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Chaingun:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/203719/F4802664-9C6B-4864-B710-EF6C9B869996-2779546.jpg
https://newsdig.tbs.co.jp/articles/-/430273

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FtgIWzwaEAA70kS?format=jpg&name=medium

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/203719/73A82BDC-95AD-4A50-A407-8C204B3BBF9F-2779549.jpg
https://www.rfi.fr/fr/en-bref/20230412-p%C3%A9kin-%C3%A9tablira-une-zone-d-exclusion-a%C3%A9rienne-dimanche-au-nord-de-ta%C3%AFwan-pour-activit%C3%A9s-spatiales
What is Taiwan's position on this no fly zone over their country?

China must have received permission from Taiwan

I think Taiwan ought to seriously consider flying something in the no fly zone as a thumb in the eye to China.    Wouldn't be a bad thing if some aircraft off a US carrier did it too.

They are quietly making surprises.
https://www.thedrive.com/uploads/2022/11/16/Chien-Hsiang-loitering-munition.jpg?auto=webp&crop=16%3A9&auto=webp&optimize=high&quality=70&width=1920

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/taiwan-shows-off-its-radar-killing-kamikaze-drones

Unless they're planning on starting a shooting war that might be a bit extreme.     I was thinking more of a freedom of navigation type thing.

lol, I know, I think they are doing their own patrols and shows of force as well already though.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 3:18:28 PM EDT
[#10]

Let me give you an example of EU policies.

The EU gives subsidies for Hungarians and Eastern Europe not to sell in the common market so the big west EU can protect their farmers.

But the EU sends German sausages and French and Italian products here and they are at all of the Aldis and other western groceries like Tesco?

Think it's a conspiracy?

I offer any arfcom EU western resident to go to Aldis or Tesco and go find Hungarian or Polish products.

Look for it.

Then the EU scolds Hungary and parades it in the media..that " oh oh oh Hungary takes our subsidies but doesn't like being in the EU and doesn't like it's policies".

They fat shame Hungary for taking money that was handed to them yet they are locked out of the common market.

Hungary can function fine if it's products were sold all over.

Even for the US, go find Hungarian products at Trader Joe's or New Season's or any food store.

You see Dutch cheese, French cheese, German sausages and chocolates but nothing from Hungary.

I'm side lining but I am making a point that it is EU policy is where Hungary is now with the war.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Saltwater-Hillbilly:
Originally Posted By thehun06:

The problem with cutting all ties is that the Paks and Paks II are Russian designed stations that are proprietary setups with absolutely no compatibility with western designs.

This is the problem that Hungary is in.

The EU and Obama and everyone since then doesn't want nukes anymore.

" just go buy power in the common market" is what the EU said.  Look where we are now.

Hungary is surviving barely now because they have independent power from Paks I.
I really wish people would understand Orbans position.

I don't like him very much and I hate the fucken situation we are in but more blame is on the EU and the West for kicking dirt and making excuses for not giving good terms for Hungary when they needed nuclear power and energy for the country.
They were fine giving good terms for Poland but they want Hungary on its knees because of the 2015 migrant crisis and Hungary said fuck you to the invasion.

Truth. In reality. Hungary wants to move away from dependence on other countries … particularly with electric power … the West has said no and for a small country like Hungary … nuke power is the best way …

This goes back to one of the foundational principles of the EU, which is to increase both efficiency and interdependence to create a "United States of Europe".  The EU bureaucrats decided that  the "best course" for Hungary was to focus on agricultural production over industry or anything else.  The Hungarians have been (rightly in my opinion) pushing back on this for at least 20 years.  I know it has been a source of friction between the EU and NATO, since it has retarded Hungary's ability to significantly upgrade it's military over the years, and has led to the functional abandonment of several bases that were considered important in NATO planning, Tazsar being the most prominent of these. This goes back to a core conflict between NATO and the EU, where the US and NATO want to boost the economies in the east to improve their overall military capabilities (which means a certain level of industrialization) while the EU tends to favor established producers (largely in the "core" EU) at the expense of eastern members, who have the greatest need and motivation to improve their military capabilities. This is further complicated by the fact that the "Core EU" countries have largely failed/refused to maintain and finance sufficient forces to address the the NATO threats to the East and South (not just Russia) and the NATO countries in the East cannot afford to build or have the capability to maintain these forces, with Poland being the exception.  In foreign relations, Hungary is in an odd position in that it is linguistically separate from all it's neighbors, and has traditionally associated the most with Austria, which is not even a member of NATO.  Additionally, I'm sure Hungarians would be quick to point out that prior to the invasion, Germany and France's foreign policies were at least equally pro-Russian, and the EU going the extra mile to piss off the Hungarians for not accepting the brilliance of EU social, economic and industrial central planning for the last couple of decades has not helped matters, and Hungary does not have the economic "cushion" of Western Europe to play stupid games with things like the German Energiewende, sudden 180-degree shifts in policy, or giving up weapons and equipment it needs and cannot produce internally or afford to replace.  Orban is probably a Putin puppet, but this does not change the fact that current Hungarian policy choices are the outcome of at least 20 years of some seriously flawed EU policies

Let me give you an example of EU policies.

The EU gives subsidies for Hungarians and Eastern Europe not to sell in the common market so the big west EU can protect their farmers.

But the EU sends German sausages and French and Italian products here and they are at all of the Aldis and other western groceries like Tesco?

Think it's a conspiracy?

I offer any arfcom EU western resident to go to Aldis or Tesco and go find Hungarian or Polish products.

Look for it.

Then the EU scolds Hungary and parades it in the media..that " oh oh oh Hungary takes our subsidies but doesn't like being in the EU and doesn't like it's policies".

They fat shame Hungary for taking money that was handed to them yet they are locked out of the common market.

Hungary can function fine if it's products were sold all over.

Even for the US, go find Hungarian products at Trader Joe's or New Season's or any food store.

You see Dutch cheese, French cheese, German sausages and chocolates but nothing from Hungary.

I'm side lining but I am making a point that it is EU policy is where Hungary is now with the war.

I can see why Hungary wanted into NATO. But the EU is bad. Even a major founder of it (UK) exited it. Hungary can look to and perhaps ally economically with non-EU countries like UK, US, Norway etc. The EU is basically a French-German club to make it easy to export their products and pillage resources from smaller members in exchange for loans to buy those F-G products.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 3:24:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Saltwater-Hillbilly] [#11]

Hungary has for sure benefited from EU membership and commerce associated with it ... A BUNCH ... it is an Industry 4.0 hub in Europe as well as biotech and other STEM ... when I left in 1997 ... we had not really industry outside of ag ... now ... its a much more balanced setup ... Orban is not really a puppet to anybody EXCEPT to Hungary ... he is a fierce nationalist ... that is what Hungarians want ... always ... they do not want a globalist ... now where Orban really sucks is his foreign relations ... however that is because of history ... the West has back stabbed Hungary a lot during WWII and after ... so Hungary is Hungary and they want to make sure Hungary is taken care of first ...

The West could flipping lock down Europe hardcore against commies in Russia and China if they would embrace that ... but Hungary's and many other Eastern European countries NATO membership was done so as a blockage to Russia ... I think you will see a bigger cooperation between the V4 countries that any other former block countries in the near future ... with Poland leading the way ... and the Czechs being the backup QB ...
View All Quotes

This goes back to one of the foundational principles of the EU, which is to increase both efficiency and interdependence to create a "United States of Europe".  The EU bureaucrats decided that  the "best course" for Hungary was to focus on agricultural production over industry or anything else.  The Hungarians have been (rightly in my opinion) pushing back on this for at least 20 years.  I know it has been a source of friction between the EU and NATO, since it has retarded Hungary's ability to significantly upgrade it's military over the years, and has led to the functional abandonment of several bases that were considered important in NATO planning, Tazsar being the most prominent of these. This goes back to a core conflict between NATO and the EU, where the US and NATO want to boost the economies in the east to improve their overall military capabilities (which means a certain level of industrialization) while the EU tends to favor established producers (largely in the "core" EU) at the expense of eastern members, who have the greatest need and motivation to improve their military capabilities. This is further complicated by the fact that the "Core EU" countries have largely failed/refused to maintain and finance sufficient forces to address the the NATO threats to the East and South (not just Russia) and the NATO countries in the East cannot afford to build or have the capability to maintain these forces, with Poland being the exception.  In foreign relations, Hungary is in an odd position in that it is linguistically separate from all it's neighbors, and has traditionally associated the most with Austria, which is not even a member of NATO.  Additionally, I'm sure Hungarians would be quick to point out that prior to the invasion, Germany and France's foreign policies were at least equally pro-Russian, and the EU going the extra mile to piss off the Hungarians for not accepting the brilliance of EU social, economic and industrial central planning for the last couple of decades has not helped matters, and Hungary does not have the economic "cushion" of Western Europe to play stupid games with things like the German Energiewende, sudden 180-degree shifts in policy, or giving up weapons and equipment it needs and cannot produce internally or afford to replace.  Orban is probably a Putin puppet, but this does not change the fact that current Hungarian policy choices are the outcome of at least 20 years of some seriously flawed EU policies

Hungary has for sure benefited from EU membership and commerce associated with it ... A BUNCH ... it is an Industry 4.0 hub in Europe as well as biotech and other STEM ... when I left in 1997 ... we had not really industry outside of ag ... now ... its a much more balanced setup ... Orban is not really a puppet to anybody EXCEPT to Hungary ... he is a fierce nationalist ... that is what Hungarians want ... always ... they do not want a globalist ... now where Orban really sucks is his foreign relations ... however that is because of history ... the West has back stabbed Hungary a lot during WWII and after ... so Hungary is Hungary and they want to make sure Hungary is taken care of first ...

The West could flipping lock down Europe hardcore against commies in Russia and China if they would embrace that ... but Hungary's and many other Eastern European countries NATO membership was done so as a blockage to Russia ... I think you will see a bigger cooperation between the V4 countries that any other former block countries in the near future ... with Poland leading the way ... and the Czechs being the backup QB ...

Adding to that, Hungary stands to benefit from Russian success in the short term in Ukraine, as this will increase Hungary's value to NATO, force the EU (and the US) to "get on the train" in upgrading/replacing Pecs with Pecs II nuclear generating capability, and a massive increase in attention/military aid from NATO, as well as a stronger negotiating vis/vis the EU to eliminate a lot of the "soft discrimination" that many Hungarians feel when dealing with the EU and Eurocrats.   Since Hungary has nearly always had a problematic relationship with the Ukrainians, Hungary's primary concern to the East is control of the Carpathian gap; if they can get direct national control of this gap and a bunch of brand-new weapons (and money) to guard it, this is a an overall "win" for Hungary in many respects.  Historically, they may also note how quickly the US and UK went from the "agrarian economy for Germany" Morgenthau Plan to the "we need to reconstruct German economic and industrial base in Western Germany ASAP" Marshall Plan when faced with the Soviet (Russian) threat, which led to the "Wirtschaftswunder" in West Germany.  Considering how Hungary is already advancing in various forms of tech, this route to "few strings attached" foreign financing has a certain appeal to Hungary.  Orban, being a Putin-curious (if not necessarily Russian-friendly) Hungarian nationalist, he sees this as the time for him to follow Turkey's example and leverage both sides for the best deal possible for Hungary.  It sucks, but Hungary has a unique history, language, national myth, national interests, etc, and this needs to be accommodated or dealt with in some way.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 3:26:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#12]

The "leaked reports" play word games with the SAM losses. It lists "battalion" losses. The Russians have lost individual TEL/TELARs and radars but not a "battalions" worth yet. It's also an odd reference because the use of Battery and Regiment are more common.

It looks like Battalion might be the new thing. the online stuff says a battery was 12 TEL/TELARs and a battalion is 6-8.
View All Quotes

I just think that the whole thing is suspect.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 3:28:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By GTLandser:

I think the Hungarians remember and hate the Russians plenty. How much of their current policy is an Orban thing or an "average Hungarians" view of things, I can't really say.

I will say that EU policies, especially around immigration and agriculture have periodically cropped up as points of dispute in many other EU countries. I just think that energy is so fundamental to the economy, and Hungary is not such a big place, that it is having an outsize effect on their politics.

If you are ever in Budapest, the "House of Terror" sometimes referred to as the "dual occupation museum" is an incredible and sobering place. The Hungarians really got a raw deal in the 20th century.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TxRabbitBane:

Looks more like Hungary has been trying to play both sides in the short term, with poor regard for the long term.   Nobody respects an “ally” like that.

You want to jump in Warsaw Pact v2.0, knock yourself out… just don’t suck up to Putin then make overtures about how you “remember the past”, and how you’re an opponent to them later.

I think the Hungarians remember and hate the Russians plenty. How much of their current policy is an Orban thing or an "average Hungarians" view of things, I can't really say.

I will say that EU policies, especially around immigration and agriculture have periodically cropped up as points of dispute in many other EU countries. I just think that energy is so fundamental to the economy, and Hungary is not such a big place, that it is having an outsize effect on their politics.

If you are ever in Budapest, the "House of Terror" sometimes referred to as the "dual occupation museum" is an incredible and sobering place. The Hungarians really got a raw deal in the 20th century.

If that’s the case, why do they think sucking up to Putin now is such a good idea?  They’re expecting different results this time?
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 3:30:05 PM EDT
[#14]

The gun sight and drone video footage which is going to come out of this is going into the spank banks of every Armor crewman and Cavalry trooper for the next 20 years.

The fabled GWI "through and through" sabot shots? We're going to have those in thermal view and HD in quality.

It's going to look like a pit bull that got ahold of a toddler.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ryan_Ruck:

Abrams, Brads, M113s, and HMMWVs storming across the plains of Europe to smite Russians, just as God intended!

The gun sight and drone video footage which is going to come out of this is going into the spank banks of every Armor crewman and Cavalry trooper for the next 20 years.

The fabled GWI "through and through" sabot shots? We're going to have those in thermal view and HD in quality.

It's going to look like a pit bull that got ahold of a toddler.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 3:31:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Saltwater-Hillbilly] [#15]
Originally Posted By Charging_Handle:
Isolationism is one of the stupidest ideas in American politics. That was true in the 1930s. It is equally true today.

Either we use our wealth, power and global influence to help shape the world we live in, or we sit back and allow China and Russia to do it, then be forced to react to a world shaped in someone else's favor.

The U.S. certainly isn't perfect and doesn't have a perfect track record when it comes to world affairs. But I damn sure prefer a world where we are the guiding force over one dominated by China, Russia, Iran, North Korea and other fucktarded, oppressive regimes. It is no different than being actively involved in shaping our local neighborhoods. If the locals allow the shitheads within a community to set the tone, then the whole neighborhood becomes a shithole. Sometimes it is necessary to stand up to shitheads, be it the local thug selling Fentanyl on the streets to the thug in charge of a foreign nation that behaves in a similar manner to the drug dealer, just on a larger scale. Evil flourishes when good people do nothing and allow it to happen.
View Quote

Isolationism is something we have tried as a nation, and failed miserably at, throughout our history.   "Isolationism" and "Not going off half-cocked everywhere as some kind of self-appointed World Police" are two different things.  Ukraine, though our policy is far from perfect, is probably one of the best applications of American military/diplomatic/economic power in the last 20 years.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 3:36:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 3:39:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By CMOS:

For years China has been telling us exactly what they plan to do, and we've sat back and WATCHED.

CMOS
View Quote

Watched? Hell we've been financing and training them!!
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 3:39:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Finslayer83:

Dragons?

Forces from Sunspear or the Reach?

Do they have a Tyrion? If so then I’d worry.
View Quote

I was thinking more along the lines of the Red Wedding and the Theon's little adventure.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 3:43:07 PM EDT
[#19]

View All Quotes

I think you can make an argument for interests-driven decision making before the war.  EU slow-rolling a nuke reactor but Russia agrees to help?  OK fair enough.
Wanting to keep Soros’ dirty mitts of their internal politics?  OK, Poland has done the same and incurred some of the same grief over it.
Poland has also done everything possible since to help Ukraine and cooperate with NATO.
Turkey has played hardball over their political and financial interests too.  But they have also provided quite significant military aid, a lot of it off the radar.  They play hardball, they get (some of) what they want, and then they cooperate.
Hungary continues to refuse aid, refuses even the transit of aid, and has repeatedly tried to block military and financial aid within the EU.
I actually don’t have a problem with hardball quid pro quo politics.  But we aren’t seeing that.  We’re seeing obstructionism which is not tied to fulfillment of quid pro quo demands, and that raises pretty significant questions about Orban’s motives.
I watch a fair amount of EU/NATO press content on youtube, and Stoltenberg recently made pretty clear reference to “getting Hungary’s concerns for minority rights addressed” or words to that effect.  So NATO/the EU appears to be interested in playing ball with Orban for his domestic political goals.  Will Orban reciprocate?  I doubt it.
I’m not well versed in the politics of Hungary’s nuke plant saga.  However I read through this link and it certainly doesn’t paint a black and white picture of EU stonewalling/Russia helping.  If anything it raises strong questions of Russia using both energy and money for political leverage against Hungary and Europe.  Which of course is the same boat that Germany was in, but Germany has largely bailed out of that and Hungary…hasn’t.
https://world-nuclear.org/information-library/country-profiles/countries-g-n/hungary.aspx
I reject the idea that “Orban may just think that everything will back to normal in a few months.”  Only an absolute moron would think that at this point, and Orban is not a moron.  The escalation of Russian barbarism and war crimes and the demand for war crimes trials and reparations will prevent any rapprochement with Europe for years if not decades.

I agree. I think Orban has personal animosity towards Zelensky and maybe Ukraine in general on top of all the legitimate concerns Hungary has with the EU. Maybe he also assumed that a quick Russian victory would be followed by very favorable terms for the Hungarian minorities in Ukraine. As an ethnic Hungarian who supports Orban in domestic policies, I am very frustrated by his stupid games over Ukraine.

Poland isn’t helping Ukraine to please Brussels, or Washington. They are doing it for their own reasons. Duda is a fan of Pilsudski’s Intermarium project, and a free and independent (and friendly) Ukraine is a core necessity for it, or something like it, to come to pass. By invading Ukraine, Putin literally dropped into Duda’s lap a once in a lifetime opportunity to turn Pilsudski’s dream into reality.  He understood the gift he was given immediately and ran with it. If it works out, future generations of Poles will venerate him for engineering an alliance that will shut out Russia forever.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 3:43:58 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

I think the problem is that Russia was the only ones offering to help with the nuke plants and under very favorable terms. If Hungary had the option to shop the world, they wouldnt be in this stupid mess. Although with Orban you never know...
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 3:45:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#21]
❗️Ukrainian military was beheaded by Wagner PMC militants, - human rights activist Volodymyr Osechkin.
He stated that he contacted the fugitive PMC fighter Andrei Medvedev, and he identified his former colleagues on the video.

https://t.me/ragnarockkyiv/49305

***ETA*** This was the M113 incident, not the execution video.
We publish a request from the editors of The Daily Beast and the answer:
Good afternoon
Allison Quinn of The Daily Beast writes to you. I would like to ask a question to Yevgeny Viktorovich: On April 8, pro-Russian Telegram channels began to distribute a horrifying video with beheaded Ukrainian soldiers. Presumably, it was filmed near Bakhmut. According to some reports, Wagner PMC militants could be involved in the execution of these Ukrainian soldiers. How can you comment on this information? Thanks in advance for your reply.

We publish a comment by Evgeny Prigozhin:
“I have watched this video. It’s bad when people’s heads are cut off, but I haven’t found anywhere that this is happening near Bakhmut and that Wagner PMC fighters are participating in the execution.

https://t.me/Prigozhin_hat/3049

Link Posted: 4/12/2023 3:46:39 PM EDT
[#22]

We tried to do that but failed because of Italy and Slovenia and Croatia being assholes about it.

They all said no.

View All Quotes

They all said no.

Didn’t know that. What a mess.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 3:49:55 PM EDT
[#23]
The occupiers are massively cutting down forests in the occupied territories of Ukraine - The Wall Street Journal.

This is recorded by satellites, law enforcement agencies of Ukraine and Ukrainian intelligence. The wood is taken to Podorashka for sale, and partially used for construction of positions.

The first photo shows a part of the Taurian forest in the Kherson region a month after the invasion. The second is the same territory in January of this year.

This has never happened before and here it is again.

Remember: a fucking Russian NEVER changes! It is a cancerous tumor on the body of the planet.

American infantryman

Link Posted: 4/12/2023 3:53:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Tiberius:

Poland isn’t helping Ukraine to please Brussels, or Washington. They are doing it for their own reasons. Duda is a fan of Pilsudski’s Intermarium project, and a free and independent (and friendly) Ukraine is a core necessity for it, or something like it, to come to pass. By invading Ukraine, Putin literally dropped into Duda’s lap a once in a lifetime opportunity to turn Pilsudski’s dream into reality.  He understood the gift he was given immediately and ran with it. If it works out, future generations of Poles will venerate him for engineering an alliance that will shut out Russia forever.
View All Quotes

Which is coincidentally a long-term US goal, and was the basis of Trump's European defense policy.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 3:56:01 PM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

There may be some sucking up to Putin politically out of fear or maybe desperation but NOT out of love for Putin or sympathy for Russia. Maybe even personally from Orban who is also a nationalist like Putin. But, as stated so well above, Hungary is small, stuck between the EU and Russia who both have a negative history with Hungary. Add to the mix the attempts of Hungary to get nuke plants, stonewalled by the EU but "graciously" assisted by Russia. I think they are just trying to play hardball to get some favorable terms on various long term issues that they could not have gotten before the war. I think they should have played nice, like a little Poland, and hoped for the best but here we/they are.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 4:04:41 PM EDT
[#26]
View Quote

Faggotry. Should be a missile.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 4:14:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#27]
Bakhmut...

The situation is stable and difficult, but controlled by the Armed Forces of Ukraine🇺🇦 and why this is so, I will explain a little lower.

First of all, the Russian invaders were never able to cut 0506 and 0504, especially if we talk about its city branch - Tchaikovsky Street. In fact, this is now the line of defense of the Armed Forces of Ukraine.

Over the past 24 hours, a number of counterattacks by the Armed Forces of Ukraine made it possible to drive the invaders back to Korsunsky Street, which significantly expanded the security buffer for the city branch of the 0504 logistics artery, through Ivanovskoye to Konstyantynivka. On the other hand, the ROV will pull the landing reserves from the suburbs.

Over the past day, the piece of iron has also become an insurmountable obstacle for the Russian occupiers. Separate groups were able to go beyond what was permitted, but were destroyed. That is, the Russians are not able to gain a foothold in the region of the piece of iron and are unlikely to succeed in the near future.

The Russian command also continues to pull all available resources into the city. The other day I focused on the fact that they are sending to Bakhmut not only units of the 51st and 137th RPDs of the 106th Airborne Division, the 57th Motorized Rifle Brigade, but also, unexpectedly, the 98th Airborne Division.

Previously, they held positions in the fields near Bakhmut. With the exception of the bodies of the 98th Airborne Division, which is located to the north and is responsible for Kremennaya. Such a movement may be due to the fact that the Luhansk bridgehead, especially along the R-66 line, is already oversaturated with the troops of the ROV, which are of no use to "0". Zero.

So they decided to throw part of the 98th Airborne Division into the Bakhmut meat grinder. But that's not all. Part of the units from the direction to Khromovo was taken to urban battles. That is, they eased the pressure on 0506 in order to resolve the issue with Bakhmut as soon as possible, which is due to a lack of manpower.

Also, to speed up the process, the Russians began to use aircraft equipped with glide bombs more often in the combat area. Thus, ROVs eliminate the most serious problem for themselves - multi-storey buildings, in fact, erasing the city from the face of the earth.

There were reports on the network that the ROV supposedly control 75% of the city, but this can be argued. Firstly, because over the past 2 weeks their progress has slowed down significantly. This happened against the background of how the ROV began to go beyond the low-rise buildings in the city.

The part of Bakhmut that remained under the control of the Armed Forces of Ukraine is predominantly a multi-storey building, in which the Russians are doing very poorly due to the low level of training and experience in fighting in urban conditions. That is why they have a noticeable inhibition and zeal to level the city.

To resolve the issue of taking Bakhmut before Easter, the Russian Air Force can use its maximum bomb potential to destroy the city. In another way, in multi-storey buildings, they will not succeed in completing the capture on time.

Bakhmut holds the defense for the 254th day...

https://t.me/ukrainian_militant/14181

All the best.
My boys (not from Aydar) have been found, they are resting in the hospital.

The city resembles an apocalypse zone, at night podors try to collect corpses, although they did not think about it before
They are pressing from the side of the garages to block the road and from the railway station, trying to push us out of the city with numbers and frontal attacks.
On the part of Korsun, they do not have much success, but at the station they have to pull back little by little, because the shelter turns into a dump in a matter of hours.
I don't know how long the guys will hold on there, but evacuation is a very difficult task.

The Bakhmut-Chasiv Yar road is one continuous dump of equipment, when detouring it you come under fire.
They just don't have time to bring the heavy ones, because they take them on the M-113 without medics to the first aid point, who knows where.

p.s
from the words of the fighter as of yesterday evening.

Gerolo: @marksman_osman
Bakhmut. Life | Chat | Write to us

https://t.me/bakhmut_life/24122

In the Bakhmut direction, the situation remains difficult this morning
Along Korsunsky Street, the enemy army managed to advance several blocks
The "Avangard" stadium is under the control of Wagner, the lyceum also came under the control of Wagner, where there was a successful counterattack of the ZSU yesterday
In the city center, near the railway, the Wagnerians managed to advance to the western part of the city along Oleksandra Kolpakova Street

Source: @krvchkwar

https://t.me/bakhmut_life/24139

🪖 #Bahmut!

Hell continues.

Do not paint victories where there are none.
The front line by rail is already becoming a reality. This is neither good nor bad. It is as it is.
It is unlikely that it will be possible to hold the front along the railway for a long time.

We pray for our defenders!

Source: @myro_shnykov

https://t.me/bakhmut_life/24142

I don't even know what to say to you.
We were not surrounded, but they are trying to break the defense from the side of Khromovoy, Ivanivskoye and through the streets.
Since we are here, the expediency is still there.

Maybe later I will give more news, there is nothing to please you.

Source: Bakhmut Demon

https://t.me/bakhmut_life/24151

Link Posted: 4/12/2023 4:26:02 PM EDT
[#28]

View All Quotes

Nah bro. It's real bro. Why would they lie bro. It's on the internet so it's true bro. Just 2 more weeks bro.

Link Posted: 4/12/2023 4:35:55 PM EDT
[#29]

If that’s the case, why do they think sucking up to Putin now is such a good idea?  They’re expecting different results this time?
View Quote

I think Saltwater Hillbilly did a good job of addressing the "why" a couple posts above your question.

I don't have strong feelings one way or another (except that Ukraine should win), so I find the discussion interesting, that's all. When this is over, I think there will continue to be economic benefits for the entire EU and US due to rebuilding and re-armament.

No one will soon forget the threat that the Russians pose. Their barbarism has made that clear.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 4:39:21 PM EDT
[#30]

Isolationism is something we have tried as a nation, and failed miserably at, throughout our history.   "Isolationism" and "Not going off half-cocked everywhere as some kind of self-appointed World Police" are two different things.  Ukraine, though our policy is far from perfect, is probably one of the best applications of American military/diplomatic/economic power in the last 20 years.
View Quote

Agree. Unfortunately that takes nuance and we don't like that 'round these parts no more. Same with hightailing out of somewhere just for the sake of saying we aren't there anymore. I hate that everything seems to be all or nothing these days
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 4:47:52 PM EDT
[#31]

I think Saltwater Hillbilly did a good job of addressing the "why" a couple posts above your question.

I don't have strong feelings one way or another (except that Ukraine should win), so I find the discussion interesting, that's all. When this is over, I think there will continue to be economic benefits for the entire EU and US due to rebuilding and re-armament.

No one will soon forget the threat that the Russians pose. Their barbarism has made that clear.
View Quote

The politicans will "forget". If there is money to make, they will do it.

Link Posted: 4/12/2023 4:48:09 PM EDT
[#32]

View All Quotes

The Three Seas or Intermarium alliance sounds much more practical for those in direct threat of Russia than EU or NATO. Then develop specific coordination agreements with NATO. Great to see they are already working toward this.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 4:55:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:

lol.  There are other options, I like the ram jet powered 155mm personally.

Link Posted: 4/12/2023 4:56:35 PM EDT
[#34]

Nah bro. It's real bro. Why would they lie bro. It's on the internet so it's true bro. Just 2 more weeks bro.

View All Quotes

lol.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 5:01:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 5:07:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 5:28:46 PM EDT
[#37]
IT'S SPRING - THE HUNT SEASON FOR RUSSIAN ARMOR IS OPEN || 2023

Link Posted: 4/12/2023 5:28:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TxRabbitBane] [#38]

View All Quotes

The Hungarians obviously don’t care- which brings back my original point that this is a stupid idea long term and questionable even in the short term.

They care more about short term Russian handouts than all the fucking they got at Russian hands before, apparently. Of course the EU are assholes,but they’re a hell of a lot less toxic as allies than Russia.

All the talk about Hungarians remembering l, and hating Russia is clearly just talk.  When Russia fucks them again (and they will), I wonder if they will come looking for support from Europe and the US, then wonder why they’re viewed with suspicion.

Note: not really hating on Hungary, it’s just that their behavior doesn’t match the words at all.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 5:32:25 PM EDT
[#39]

The Hungarians obviously don’t care- which brings back my original point that this is a stupid idea long term and questionable even in the short term.

They care more about short term Russian handouts than all the fucking they got at Russian hands before, apparently. Of course the EU are assholes,but they’re a hell of a lot less toxic as allies than Russia.

All the talk about Hungarians remembering l, and hating Russia is clearly just talk.  When Russia fucks them again (and they will), I wonder if they will come looking for support from Europe and the US, then wonder why they’re viewed with suspicion.
View Quote

Meh, take the pimp's money, don't be surprised when you get the pimp's hand.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 5:52:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By UKjohn:
ok so put his carrot in a vice
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By UKjohn:
Originally Posted By Bartholomew_Roberts:
Originally Posted By swede1986:

Fuck that, we need to put Orban's balls in a vice.

Carrot is usually cheaper than stick.
ok so put his carrot in a vice

Link Posted: 4/12/2023 5:55:32 PM EDT
[#41]

zero percent interest was a powerful incentive.

View Quote

0% until the Russian decide to change the deal. They never stick to energy deals. I do know that much. Subsidized gas was a big givme to Ukraine until Russia decided to change the price and term. It’s obvious it comes with strings attached. Like you do what we say and when, if not oh yeah that Uranium fuel we quoted to you at xxx is now xxxx. It’s a truism so making deals for energy is one thing but blocking small arms munition transfers from the baltics in 2016? An issue that had nothing to do with Hungary at all. Why help Russia? It was old soviet ammo.  Lots of indicators point to him as a Russian puppet. Using secret agents to sell EU passports inside Ukraine (this is all on tape/video) the list is a mile long. I can assure you the Ukraine has bigger problems than getting into petty squabbles with Hungary. This all really came to a head in the shaping ops 2008-2022. It was concerted with Moscow.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 5:57:32 PM EDT
[#42]

lol.  There are other options, I like the ram jet powered 155mm personally.

https://qph.cf2.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-8c5bfddd89f1e031f21ff5c9e150ac5a-lq
View Quote

For the kind of money involved, should still be a missile.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 5:58:02 PM EDT
[#43]

The Three Seas or Intermarium alliance sounds much more practical for those in direct threat of Russia than EU or NATO. Then develop specific coordination agreements with NATO. Great to see they are already working toward this.
View All Quotes

All the prospective candidates, except Ukraine, are in both the EU and NATO. By establishing consensus amongst each other and voting as a Bloc, the will gain more influence in both together rather than they had separately. I wonder if that is why Macron and Schulz have been such bitches lately…..such an alliance is a direct threat to their rule of the EU.

It should also be said they can’t trust Washington much more than Brussels. They need to have the ability to act without help from either, if not passive-aggressive opposition.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 6:03:35 PM EDT
[#44]

View Quote

There are now significant Hungarian minorities left. It’s a joke. Just a red herring. Last census Wes decades ago. Hungary gave/sold/solicited their departure. That area has seen a huge population decline.

His animosity started way before Zelensky and really follows Russian rhetoric timelines.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 6:13:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: borderpatrol] [#45]
View Quote

It seems Russia's terms and conditions were less than favorable...
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 6:37:14 PM EDT
[#46]
If I'm Putin right now  I'd be having  severe doubts if my generals told me they can handle a Ukrainian offensive.  His best bet is to abandon this war, declare victory, and move on.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 6:37:41 PM EDT
[#47]
❗️The Washington Post has published satellite images of large-scale defensive positions of the Russian Armed Forces, equipped on the Crimean Peninsula recently.

For obvious reasons, the largest positions are mainly built in the north of Crimea: near Lake Sivash near the village of Medvedovka (next to the former Chongar checkpoint), as well as along the North Crimean Canal near Armyansk, the villages of Maslovo and Novoivanovka.

However, positions are also being built in the west of Crimea, in particular, on the coast near the village of Vitino. There, in addition to the standard trenches, bunkers, caponiers and "dragon's teeth", you can see artillery pieces already brought to direct fire.

Thus, it can be stated that the Russian command has abandoned the veil of illusions and, against the background of the coming enemy counteroffensive, is building a competent echeloned defense of the peninsula, which also includes positions on the coast and in the depths of the peninsula. And the North Crimean Canal, following the example of the Ingulets River or the Seversky Donets, is planned to be used as a natural defensive barrier.

@milinfolive

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/203719/02ECE9B5-2DB6-4880-9C32-405B3730A4BA-2779832.jpg
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/203719/CB1EBF26-693C-4EEE-943E-C98A60F1A3C5-2779831.jpg
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/203719/CB1EBF26-693C-4EEE-943E-C98A60F1A3C5-2779830.jpg
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/203719/7113A7E0-D63D-41A5-A201-2EC71358AC70-2779829.jpg
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/203719/18CC06BD-B0C4-4A26-840C-CAEAAAA85537-2779828.jpg
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/203719/B36AD8F7-D6A6-4032-ACFE-018CDFF392AB-2779827.jpg
View Quote

Perfect emplacements for accurate artillery and rocket fire, followed by napalm or MOAB's.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 6:42:02 PM EDT
[#48]
This may have already been posted. But this article says that Mavic drones won't be useful at all in 2 to 3 months due to Russia EW working better. Instead of being able to fly 3km they can now only work at best 500 meters.

https://news.yahoo.com/russia-now-effectively-counters-commercial-180000421.html
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 6:48:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:
This may have already been posted. But this article says that Mavic drones won't be useful at all in 2 to 3 months due to Russia EW working better. Instead of being able to fly 3km they can now only work at best 500 meters.

https://news.yahoo.com/russia-now-effectively-counters-commercial-180000421.html
View Quote

Maybe they could set up some drones to home in on emitters, like a HARM.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 6:48:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Interesting transparent AK74  mag seen in Bakhmut courtesy of Reuters.

Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3860 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top