Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3907 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 4/22/2023 4:20:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By gatetraveller:

Fixed for you.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By gatetraveller:
Originally Posted By Abakan:
Originally Posted By CS223:
I can tell you from personal experience that Russian ball bearings are some of the worst POS bearings there are. Chinese are bad enough but Russian are beyond garbage, scrapped hundreds of dollars worth new in the wrap.

Just like trains, tanks are too heavy for ball bearings, they will use cylindrical roller bearing or conicam roller bearings. Knowing what cheap asses the russian swines are it would not surprise me to find ball bearings tho with an extremely short life.

And yes, FAG/SKF all the way for any bearings. The Chinese shit is just that and the ruZZian crap is "unbearingable" LOL

Fixed for you.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 4:29:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#2]
The thing that struck me is from around the world only 230 tanks. Lots of IFV. This is the FRONT LINE AGAINST RUSSIAN AGGRESSION!  

I don’t care what some country off the front line “fears” other than Russia. But if every European country donated 50 tanks and the US 200 this would be a winning start.

Ukraine receives tanks, armored vehicles for spring offensive

The Ukraine Defense Contact Group, an alliance of 54 nations working to assist Kyiv against Russia’s invasion, has delivered over 230 tanks and 1,550 armored vehicles “in just a few short months,” US Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin said Friday.

Austin noted that Ukraine has received a bevy of equipment and ammunition to support more than nine new armored brigades.

The US has also accelerated the timeline to ship M1 Abrams tanks to train and aid Ukrainian fighters.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/22/2023 4:35:01 PM EDT
[#3]
View Quote

It’s gonna be something when this is over and they start talking about the amount of damage and rebuilding costs. Those poor people. Beautiful, generation owned, happy farms… turned into Russkie Mier
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 4:36:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 4:39:25 PM EDT
[#5]

Anybody else having trouble with Nitter? The nitter.net trick isn't working for me now.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 4:56:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

Anybody else having trouble with Nitter? The nitter.net trick isn't working for me now.
View Quote

Same here for a week or so now.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 5:09:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By CarmelBytheSea:

Everyone who hates the upcoming 6.8 rifle should rejoice. Army is worried another CR this year means no $ for “future” projects. I can’t think of anything for any branch that’s not delayed from subs to the Coast Guard polar ship replacement
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ludder093:
 Work is planned to be completed in February 2025.

Everyone who hates the upcoming 6.8 rifle should rejoice. Army is worried another CR this year means no $ for “future” projects. I can’t think of anything for any branch that’s not delayed from subs to the Coast Guard polar ship replacement

We know. You post that stuff like you are getting paid to do it.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 5:37:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Freiheit8472:

It’s gonna be something when this is over and they start talking about the amount of damage and rebuilding costs. Those poor people. Beautiful, generation owned, happy farms… turned into Russkie Mier
View All Quotes

I was thinking about how they plan to rebuild. Especially near the Russian border.

They won’t want to do commerce with Russia so might as well not put anything larger than a village in the last 20-30km. Destroy roads and bridges and rail lines going to Russia. Harvest the timber, keep open farmland. Maybe throw in three lines of antitank ditches and barriers.

With the idea that there will be no major commerce going east, do they need any larger cities rebuilt much east of the river?  Especially with the idea of decentralization as a defense against WMD, they have the opportunity to totally reshape the land and centers to be better defended against invasion from the east.

I think the numerous smaller Nuke plants is an excellent foundation.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 5:38:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#9]

Khakhly make their own. Large-caliber sniper rifle, created from the so-called. "internal self-loading gun", which is placed in the barrel and breech of a tank during exercises in order to shoot through a tank gun without consuming expensive tank ammunition and barrel resource. Caliber - 14.5 mm, muzzle velocity - 1 km per second.
https://t.me/AlienDepZ/17245
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 5:58:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By fike:

View Quote

If only
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 5:59:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Here's a video from yesterday. Typical day at our headquarters. Me working on a ghillie, and some of the girls weaving a net.

Attachment Attached File

Twitter:
https://twitter.com/C_fGarnizon/status/1649892447940476928?s=20

Instagram:
https://instagram.com/cf_garnizon?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

If I move on to other things in the near future, please don't forget about these guys. I have someone lined up to help them with social media, but I'll miss working here.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 6:00:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By GTLandser:

Could we NOT post anything from the attention-whoring tranny?
View Quote

I think GD should pool our resources and send some Bud Light to him.

He's probably struggling to find a shitty beer over there.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 6:10:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Easterner:
Here's a video from yesterday. Typical day at our headquarters. Me working on a ghillie, and some of the girls weaving a net.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/Screenshot_2023-04-23-00-47-16-817_com_a-2792201.JPG

Twitter:
https://twitter.com/C_fGarnizon/status/1649892447940476928?s=20

Instagram:
https://instagram.com/cf_garnizon?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

If I move on to other things in the near future, please don't forget about these guys. I have someone lined up to help them with social media, but I'll miss working here.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/22/2023 6:20:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#14]
UAZ "Patriot" with an installed UMP system (universal minelayer), in which cluster blocks for throwing anti-personnel mines are located.

https://t.me/milinfolive/99676

Link Posted: 4/22/2023 6:38:30 PM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

I hope the Russians are forced to pay ~100 year German WWI type reparations to pay for this.
Russian Bastards!
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 6:41:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Explainer: What we know about Russia's deportation of Ukrainian children

Short extract
The forced deportations of Ukrainian children to Russia have become one of the darkest and most discussed consequences of Moscow's all-out invasion of Ukraine.

Over 19,000 children have been de facto abducted from the occupied territories and sent to Russia since last February, according to a Ukrainian national database. Only 361 children have been brought back to Ukraine as of April 21.

Here's what we know about the forced deportations of Ukrainian children, where they are held in Russia, and how some are returning home.  

How the deportation of children started

Russia had been kidnapping Ukrainian children long before the full-scale invasion: The "unlawful transfer of Ukrainian minors to Russia" began in 2014, according to recent analysis by the European Resilience Initiative Center.

The study says that "one of the largest programs of children relocation" was launched by the late Russian Presidential Council for the Development of Civil Society and Human Rights member Elizaveta Glinka, widely known in Russia as "Doctor Liza."

It says that Glinka arranged the "first transfer" of 13 Ukrainian children from occupied Donetsk to Russia in December 2014 and requested Putin to "amend the country's legislation to allow relocations of Ukrainian children from Donbas to Russia on the pretext of providing medical assistance."

Russian state-controlled media outlet TASS claimed in 2017 that Glinka transferred 500 kids from Donbas in 2.5 years. According to the study, Glinka "effectively established a state-sponsored system of Ukrainian children's transfers to Russia."

"This system is nowadays being used by Russia's current Presidential Commissioner for Children's rights Maria Lvova-Belova…"
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/22/2023 6:43:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:
View Quote

One F-18 a month. C'mon, you can produce twice as fast!
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 6:44:02 PM EDT
[#18]

If only
View All Quotes

If only

Carmel, you post lots of good content to many threads. Appreciated!
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 6:44:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Flogger23m] [#19]
Originally Posted By RockNwood:
The thing that struck me is from around the world only 230 tanks. Lots of IFV. This is the FRONT LINE AGAINST RUSSIAN AGGRESSION!  

I don’t care what some country off the front line “fears” other than Russia. But if every European country donated 50 tanks and the US 200 this would be a winning start.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/img_abrams-unloadingukr-2792096.jpg
View All Quotes

The Ukraine Defense Contact Group, an alliance of 54 nations working to assist Kyiv against Russia’s invasion, has delivered over 230 tanks and 1,550 armored vehicles “in just a few short months,” US Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin said Friday.

Austin noted that Ukraine has received a bevy of equipment and ammunition to support more than nine new armored brigades.

The US has also accelerated the timeline to ship M1 Abrams tanks to train and aid Ukrainian fighters.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/img_abrams-unloadingukr-2792096.jpg

Problem is many of the tanks were sold to countries like Malaysia, Chile and Singapore. And none of those countries are going to sell them back.

Australia has some Abrams they are retiring, they are getting new built M1A2s. Maybe they can donate those.

Originally Posted By Hate_Work:

One F-18 a month. C'mon, you can produce twice as fast!

Only three countries use Super Hornets. USN, Kuwait and Australia. The oldest USN planes still have about a decade of life in them. Ukraine is not getting Super Hornets.

Only western plane they may realistically get are hand me down F-16s from the US/Europe. Infrastructure to repair them is next door in Poland.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 6:53:42 PM EDT
[#20]

Yeah this is going to go on for a while. The recent interest in non-combat vets tells me they have slots to fill that aren't getting filled. After 14 months a recruiter finally met with me.

At the least I get to go shoot some fun guns next week. Sounds like an opportunity to see if i can handle firearms before we go any further.
View All Quotes

Yeah this is going to go on for a while. The recent interest in non-combat vets tells me they have slots to fill that aren't getting filled. After 14 months a recruiter finally met with me.

At the least I get to go shoot some fun guns next week. Sounds like an opportunity to see if i can handle firearms before we go any further.

Good luck @Easterner! You have a duty to make us proud in the eyes of these great people.

When they ask you where you learned to shoot like that, “7/11”
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 6:57:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Freiheit8472] [#21]

I was thinking about how they plan to rebuild. Especially near the Russian border.

They won’t want to do commerce with Russia so might as well not put anything larger than a village in the last 20-30km. Destroy roads and bridges and rail lines going to Russia. Harvest the timber, keep open farmland. Maybe throw in three lines of antitank ditches and barriers.

With the idea that there will be no major commerce going east, do they need any larger cities rebuilt much east of the river?  Especially with the idea of decentralization as a defense against WMD, they have the opportunity to totally reshape the land and centers to be better defended against invasion from the east.

View All Quotes

That’ll be very interesting to see how they handle that. You’re idea of farmland there sounds great

I’ll add burying all the Russians the Russians didn’t claim right there would be a pragmatic idea too. First they have to walk past their dead when visiting.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 7:00:37 PM EDT
[#22]

View All Quotes

There are many alternatives. You can find them if you use Google.
https://twstalker.com/
https://twstalker.com/TheDeadDistrict/status/1649688732759474176
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 7:05:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Flogger23m:

Problem is many of the tanks were sold to countries like Malaysia, Chile and Singapore. And none of those countries are going to sell them back.

Australia has some Abrams they are retiring, they are getting new built M1A2s. Maybe they can donate those.

Only three countries use Super Hornets. USN, Kuwait and Australia. The oldest USN planes still have about a decade of life in them. Ukraine is not getting Super Hornets.

Only western plane they may realistically get are hand me down F-16s from the US/Europe. Infrastructure to repair them is next door in Poland.
View Quote

Gotcha. Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 7:13:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Sidebar: shits popping in Sudan. Multiple USAF AC/MC/HC/C-130s in the air in-country. Happening now.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 7:14:38 PM EDT
[#25]

Good luck @Easterner! You have a duty to make us proud in the eyes of these great people.

View All Quotes

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/22/2023 7:18:26 PM EDT
[#26]

Link Posted: 4/22/2023 7:22:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

Some of this is true. But before the invasion, the Ukrainians made many mistakes that cost them. Once the invasion kicked off, there were other mistakes and LOTS of confusion. Ad hoc TD units and just plain civilian patriots went out and started shooting at the Russians, causing many delays and allowed key units and equipment to get it together and move into beneficial positions. Hostomel was defended with VERY light forces that got kicked out by the VDV. UA reinforcement eventually re-took Hostomel after lots of bloody fighting. It should have been an expected place for an RU attack yet was very weakly defended. Those two UA arty brigades did save the day though.

I will argue that the UA defense was no more competent than the Russian invasion. But the HUGE difference was the various TD units and especially the fact that everyone, from civilian volunteer to UA General knew they were under attack and had the general "commander's intent" to just go out and shoot at the Russians. The very limited routs into Kiev did the rest.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PolarBear416:

The early days of the war were an intelligence victory. It wasn't our weapons that stopped the Russians from a fast win. It was two brigades of Ukrainian artillery pounding the road the Russians tried to advance on - just happened to know to be there. That hilarious Russian convoy wasn't stopped by weather, broken equipment, indecision, or by local partisans with Javelins - it was stopped by artillery that just happened to be in exactly the right place at the right time. And when the Russian special forces landed in Kiev airport - the Ukrainians were waiting.

The Russians didn't have a bad plan. We just knew what it was, and told the Ukrainians where to be and what to do to stop them.

Some of this is true. But before the invasion, the Ukrainians made many mistakes that cost them. Once the invasion kicked off, there were other mistakes and LOTS of confusion. Ad hoc TD units and just plain civilian patriots went out and started shooting at the Russians, causing many delays and allowed key units and equipment to get it together and move into beneficial positions. Hostomel was defended with VERY light forces that got kicked out by the VDV. UA reinforcement eventually re-took Hostomel after lots of bloody fighting. It should have been an expected place for an RU attack yet was very weakly defended. Those two UA arty brigades did save the day though.

I will argue that the UA defense was no more competent than the Russian invasion. But the HUGE difference was the various TD units and especially the fact that everyone, from civilian volunteer to UA General knew they were under attack and had the general "commander's intent" to just go out and shoot at the Russians. The very limited routs into Kiev did the rest.

One of my favorite stories of civilian militias helping to thwart the invasion:

https://www.politico.eu/article/meet-the-grandpa-from-bucha-who-greeted-the-russians-with-his-grenade-launcher/
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 7:27:08 PM EDT
[#28]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/539199/1F29E9B1-8D91-4646-B8C5-E73ED4EDF151-2792260.jpg

That’ll be very interesting to see how they handle that. You’re idea of farmland there sounds great

I’ll add burying all the Russians the Russians didn’t claim right there would be a pragmatic idea too. First they have to walk past their dead when visiting.
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/539199/1F29E9B1-8D91-4646-B8C5-E73ED4EDF151-2792260.jpg

Based!
Sunflower Cemetary of the Doomed. We are saving a plot for you.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 7:33:03 PM EDT
[#29]

View All Quotes

+1 stay safe.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 7:33:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By LurkerII:

I hope the Russians are forced to pay ~100 year German WWI type reparations to pay for this.
Russian Bastards!
View All Quotes

Russian Bastards!

Hell yes. I like the idea and it raises the question of how much DO we try to hobble them while not making the conditions for a Stalin like wwi did for Hitler. I see the argument: well it can’t get any worse than what they currently elect.

If only they could lose their nukes than they are the world’s to fuck with.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 7:40:42 PM EDT
[#31]

The mental gymnastics are Olympian! Just look at that pic Prime posted. A Jew with the Star of David and a Ukr with Hakenkreuze…  And the Russian brains see that and go- “Da, checks out comrade!”

The funny part is Solovyov, Moscow's mouthpiece, claims to be Jewish.

Fucking amazing
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/539199/D16DA8C9-14E5-4E48-8DDA-FB557C8CE4E7-2791970.jpg
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MelGibsonEnthusiast:

There's a fairly noteworthy amount of Russian political culture that is openly anti-Semitic. There's been a big push in Russia to view Bolshevism as having been a Jewish conspiracy, you can find plenty of examples of Russian nationalists talking about how Ukraine is controlled by the Jews, etc. When Putin rambles about Satanists, I'm reasonably sure that's just a dog whistle for anti-Semitic Russian nationalists. Ultimately, I think that stuff like this is a large part of the reason that the Western alt-right (I'm not using the left's definition of alt-right here) supports Russia.

Wait a minute!! Russia had to invade Ukraine because the country is "full of nazi's controlled by Jews"...? The mind of a Russian Nationalist must be a scary convoluted place.

The mental gymnastics are Olympian! Just look at that pic Prime posted. A Jew with the Star of David and a Ukr with Hakenkreuze…  And the Russian brains see that and go- “Da, checks out comrade!”

The funny part is Solovyov, Moscow's mouthpiece, claims to be Jewish.

Fucking amazing
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/539199/D16DA8C9-14E5-4E48-8DDA-FB557C8CE4E7-2791970.jpg

Link Posted: 4/22/2023 7:41:15 PM EDT
[#32]

View All Quotes

If only

If Carmel is getting paid for this addiction and Almighty, Prime, Capta, Lorazapam, gm300, hippo, arokie, Ryan ruck, rocknwood… etc etc aren’t… he’s a MUCH better functioning addict than we are.

My wife would love to have SOME compensation for the time I’ve spent in this thread
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 7:45:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Birddog15:

https://www.latinmassdir.org/country/us/

You better tell those folks.

View Quote

I grew up in the Catholic church and Latin was removed in the late 1960's.

Your link isn't hot, so I'm too lazy to type.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 7:48:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LurkerII] [#34]
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
Sidebar: shits popping in Sudan. Multiple USAF AC/MC/HC/C-130s in the air in-country. Happening now.
View Quote

As our young men go into harms way, please pray for our troops and their safe return.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 7:49:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Prime:
Leader of the Georgian Legion.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FuTdXILXoAAaWYm?format=jpg&name=small

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FuUtJ9OXwAAG5o5?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/22/2023 7:51:00 PM EDT
[#36]

As our young men go into harms way, please pray for our troops.
View All Quotes

Amen. Helos are over the US embassy right now in the Sudanese capital.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 7:51:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Flogger23m:

View Quote

This is truth...
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 7:55:07 PM EDT
[#38]

This position would dovetail nicely with Communist China's view of Tawain. Ignoring the fact that Tawain hasn't been part of China since the late 1800's is irrelevant in their mind.

Under Communist China's current view, much of their mainland could be reclaimed by Japan because of their WWII shenanigans. After all, Japan conquered and controlled these lands only 80 years ago. Any attempt by China to attack Tawain should be met by the full fury of the world.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 7:55:58 PM EDT
[#39]
View All Quotes

Prayers for our guys going into harms way, thanks for the updates HIPPO.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 7:59:42 PM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

I don't hate any new tech, 6.8 or not. IMO, the United States should have adopted the 77 grain Sierra Match King as the issued round and be done with it. Hits on targets is more important than power IMO.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 8:18:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Capta:

"The Ukrainian economy cannot sustain long range bombardment without help from NATO."
Last time I checked, Ukraine was getting help from NATO, and NATO's economy is something like 40 times larger than that of Russia.
It's Russia that will be economically unable to sustain the war.  They'll last until someone decides it's in their interests to blow Putin's brains out, or until their army collapses/mutinies, whichever comes first.
View Quote

NATO refuses to give Ukraine long range ammunition like ATACMS. They even restricted HIMARS to 50 miles range. To bombard Sevastopol or sink ships from north of Crimea, they would need 100 miles+ range. They cannot shut down Kerch strait for the same reason. Meanwhile, Russia can use regular artillery from the fortifications they have built in the north of the peninsula to fire back at them.

Do you see Biden asking Congress for a major aid package to support a new offensive to retake Crimea? It would be the Republicans telling him to leave Sevastopol alone and not to spend money to mess with Crimea. Just look at the other threads in GD to see how many people would support that. And I doubt Germany or France would be behind it either.

NATO has an interest in keeping Ukraine functional, but does Crimea present a threat to NATO? Not really. Would Putin be crazy enough to drop a tactical nuke if the Black Sea fleet got wiped out? Maybe. That is high risk for not much reward for NATO. Hence why Ukraine is not getting the weapons it would need for that offensive. Of course, if NATO decided to support the offensive 100%, then Ukraine would likely succeed.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 8:19:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By borderpatrol:

I don't hate any new tech, 6.8 or not. IMO, the United States should have adopted the 77 grain Sierra Match King as the issued round and be done with it. Hits on targets is more important than power IMO.
View Quote

The m855 was fine. So was the mk318.

Use the 262 as a DMR/backup round
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 8:19:45 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

Small arms don't matter much in conventional warfare and haven't in at least a century. The main purpose of small arms is to suppress dismounted enemy infantry long enough that they can get plastered with supporting arms, and right now, 5.56 and 7.62 do that job just fine. I don't recall many Ukrainians complaining that their small arms are unable to suppress and kill Russians, and they don't have super sexy polymer 6.8.

In terms of infantry stuff, I'd rather we place our emphasis on drones down to the squad level, better marksmanship and fire control training, more HE weapons, more thermals, etc. I'd like the capability to fly a small unit ISR drone above the enemy's position, spot them, and then hammer them with patrol mortars, airbursting Carl Gustaf rounds, an AGL, etc. I can see replacing 7.62 NATO with polymer 6.8, and the new optic looks kinda cool, but there's better places to be spending our time and money in terms of increasing our infantry's effectiveness in near peer conflicts.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 8:21:29 PM EDT
[#44]

This position would dovetail nicely with Communist China's view of Tawain. Ignoring the fact that Tawain hasn't been part of China since the late 1800's is irrelevant in their mind.

Under Communist China's current view, much of their mainland could be reclaimed by Japan because of their WWII shenanigans. After all, Japan conquered and controlled these lands only 80 years ago. Any attempt by China to attack Tawain should be met by the full fury of the world.
View Quote

Correct.

And for the record, I am just as supportive of Taiwan as I am Ukraine. Free people living in defiance of a tyrannical regime is a great thing.

Taiwan can afford it right now. Ukraine can’t
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 8:26:50 PM EDT
[#45]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Birddog15:

https://www.latinmassdir.org/country/us/

You better tell those folks.

Like I said, I must be imagining things, then, because my parish still does the Latin Mass.  It is far from alone.  Maybe you grew up Catholic, but I am currently Catholic.  Sounds like your knowledge is out of date, not that it was ever totally correct to begin with (I do find it funny how so many people when promoting various falsehoods about Catholicism use "I grew up Catholic" as their claim to authority).
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 8:28:40 PM EDT
[#46]
View All Quotes

I wonder if our guys will be knocking on Wagner’s door again?  It would be great to cripple them in other contested areas. Hunt those bastards down like the terrorists the are.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 8:28:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By strykr:

NATO refuses to give Ukraine long range ammunition like ATACMS. They even restricted HIMARS to 50 miles range. To bombard Sevastopol or sink ships from north of Crimea, they would need 100 miles+ range. They cannot shut down Kerch strait for the same reason. Meanwhile, Russia can use regular artillery from the fortifications they have built in the north of the peninsula to fire back at them.

Do you see Biden asking Congress for a major aid package to support a new offensive to retake Crimea? It would be the Republicans telling him to leave Sevastopol alone and not to spend money to mess with Crimea. Just look at the other threads in GD to see how many people would support that. And I doubt Germany or France would be behind it either.

NATO has an interest in keeping Ukraine functional, but does Crimea present a threat to NATO? Not really. Would Putin be crazy enough to drop a tactical nuke if the Black Sea fleet got wiped out? Maybe. That is high risk for not much reward for NATO. Hence why Ukraine is not getting the weapons it would need for that offensive. Of course, if NATO decided to support the offensive 100%, then Ukraine would likely succeed.
View Quote

There's an argument to be made that allowing the Russians to retain Crimea encourages a round three further down the road, but as I said previously, I think that Ukraine getting into NATO and mass producing its own long range strike capabilities (HRIM-2, 1000km kamikaze drones, etc.) would likely prevent that. It's not ideal, but I'm not seeing a way they retake Crimea at this point in time. NATO hasn't committed the assets to do so yet, and there's a very good possibility the GOP causes Ukraine aid to grind to a halt, unfortunately.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 8:33:17 PM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes

Except they had the brain fart to go “green” with lead free bullets. How to make your ammo cost 4x as much. If there is a functional need then fine. But don’t waste $$$ on phony science projects.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 8:37:03 PM EDT
[#49]

View Quote

Nobody notice this thread or at least copy and pasted the info for their own posts https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Bring-your-purse-to-this-thread/5-2639567/
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 8:41:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Just started reading 'The Great Game', wonderful story telling and provides great insight into the foundational fuckedness of Russia, dating back to the Mongols.

https://www.pdfdrive.com/the-great-game-on-secret-service-in-high-asia-e195361671.html
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3907 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top