Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3908 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 4/22/2023 8:44:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By lorazepam:
View Quote

The F-18 Super Hornet would be a terrific aircraft for Ukraine, especially in the Block III configuration. It can handle the role of fighter, perform attack missions, can do SEAD/DEAD and of course the Growler variant can handle EW needs. It has a better radar than the F-16 and can carry more air to air missiles. It is a really good 4+ Generation fighter, especially for the money. The only thing lacking in terms of the Super Hornet are the GE F414-GE-400 engines. With 22,000 lbs. of thrust each in afterburner, the aircraft is a bit underpowered. GE has offered an EPE version of the engine that is capable of producing 26,400 lbs. of thrust, but the U.S. Navy has never opted to pursue this upgrade. With the EPE motors, the Super Hornet would become a monster (20% greater thrust), with a thrust to weight ratio similar to that of the EF-2000 Typhoon or the F-16C Block 52. The F-18 Super Hornet is already impressive as far as maneuverability goes, even with the underpowered engines. The EPE would greatly enhance its rate of climb, acceleration and boost its sustained turning performance. The U.S. Navy will probably never opt for the EPE engine with F/A-XX program in progress. But if I were Ukraine, I'd be highly interested in that engine if they decide to procure the Super Hornet. A Block III Super Bug with AMRAAM and the GE EPE engines would be a real handful for even Russia's latest Flanker variants.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 8:44:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Freiheit8472:

If Carmel is getting paid for this addiction and Almighty, Prime, Capta, Lorazapam, gm300, hippo, arokie, Ryan ruck, rocknwood… etc etc aren’t… he’s a MUCH better functioning addict than we are.

My wife would love to have SOME compensation for the time I’ve spent in this thread
View Quote

I considered putting a shitposter for hire ad in some papers and see what happened.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 8:47:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By MelGibsonEnthusiast:

There's an argument to be made that allowing the Russians to retain Crimea encourages a round three further down the road, but as I said previously, I think that Ukraine getting into NATO and mass producing its own long range strike capabilities (HRIM-2, 1000km kamikaze drones, etc.) would likely prevent that. It's not ideal, but I'm not seeing a way they retake Crimea at this point in time. NATO hasn't committed the assets to do so yet, and there's a very good possibility the GOP causes Ukraine aid to grind to a halt, unfortunately.
View Quote

This is the history of Russia. There is always a new round coming up. Every country that either borders them or is close by enough to be invaded, have been invaded by the Soviets in the past 100 years, and even before that. There is a reason they are hated by all.

You would have a hard time naming a country in Eastern Europe where this is not the case. Yugoslavia maybe, because even Stalin feared Tito and his partizans. Some of them have been invaded multiple times. During the Prague Spring in 1968, they even forced other Warsaw Pact countries to participate in beating down the revolution. NATO is the only thing standing in their way.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 8:54:12 PM EDT
[#4]

@Easterner can you look at the 6 and see if it has a blemish?

This one has no sign in white below, but could be shopped out.

Some of the fellas are giving him shit. If I could prove that is the same sign, it would be funny.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 8:54:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

Prayers for our guys going into harms way, thanks for the updates HIPPO.
View Quote

“Successfully evacuated”.

Link Posted: 4/22/2023 8:59:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By bigstick61:

Like I said, I must be imagining things, then, because my parish still does the Latin Mass.  It is far from alone.  Maybe you grew up Catholic, but I am currently Catholic.  Sounds like your knowledge is out of date, not that it was ever totally correct to begin with (I do find it funny how so many people when promoting various falsehoods about Catholicism use "I grew up Catholic" as their claim to authority).
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By borderpatrol:
Originally Posted By Birddog15:

https://www.latinmassdir.org/country/us/

You better tell those folks.

I grew up in the Catholic church and Latin was removed in the late 1960's.

Your link isn't hot, so I'm too lazy to type.

Like I said, I must be imagining things, then, because my parish still does the Latin Mass.  It is far from alone.  Maybe you grew up Catholic, but I am currently Catholic.  Sounds like your knowledge is out of date, not that it was ever totally correct to begin with (I do find it funny how so many people when promoting various falsehoods about Catholicism use "I grew up Catholic" as their claim to authority).

I've been to Catholic Mass one single time and they did it in Latin. That was five or six years ago.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 9:01:16 PM EDT
[#7]

View All Quotes

I haven't been active in the Catholic church since 1970 +/-. If they reverted to Latin, I would not know. I only attend funerals when I go to any church.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 9:01:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By strykr:

This is the history of Russia. There is always a new round coming up. Every country that either borders them or is close by enough to be invaded, have been invaded by the Soviets in the past 100 years, and even before that. There is a reason they are hated by all.

You would have a hard time naming a country in Eastern Europe where this is not the case. Yugoslavia maybe, because even Stalin feared Tito and his partizans. Some of them have been invaded multiple times. During the Prague Spring in 1968, they even forced other Warsaw Pact countries to participate in beating down the revolution. NATO is the only thing standing in their way.
View All Quotes

There's an argument to be made that allowing the Russians to retain Crimea encourages a round three further down the road, but as I said previously, I think that Ukraine getting into NATO and mass producing its own long range strike capabilities (HRIM-2, 1000km kamikaze drones, etc.) would likely prevent that. It's not ideal, but I'm not seeing a way they retake Crimea at this point in time. NATO hasn't committed the assets to do so yet, and there's a very good possibility the GOP causes Ukraine aid to grind to a halt, unfortunately.

That's why they hate NATO and caveach about NATO expansionism; it limits their ability to subjugate their neighboring states.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 9:03:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By RockNwood:

Except they had the brain fart to go “green” with lead free bullets. How to make your ammo cost 4x as much. If there is a functional need then fine. But don’t waste $$$ on phony science projects.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RockNwood:
Originally Posted By CarmelBytheSea:

Everyone who hates the upcoming 6.8 rifle should rejoice. Army is worried another CR this year means no $ for “future” projects. I can’t think of anything for any branch that’s not delayed from subs to the Coast Guard polar ship replacement

I don't hate any new tech, 6.8 or not. IMO, the United States should have adopted the 77 grain Sierra Match King as the issued round and be done with it. Hits on targets is more important than power IMO.

Except they had the brain fart to go “green” with lead free bullets. How to make your ammo cost 4x as much. If there is a functional need then fine. But don’t waste $$$ on phony science projects.

Exactly, lead is much cheaper than copper. Getting "poisoned" by either bullet still hurts.

Lead isn't a menace unless it's in dust or vaporized, solid pieces aren't really a problem.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 9:06:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:
Just started reading 'The Great Game', wonderful story telling and provides great insight into the foundational fuckedness of Russia, dating back to the Mongols.

https://www.pdfdrive.com/the-great-game-on-secret-service-in-high-asia-e195361671.html
View Quote

Great book, but most of what I took away from it was how some of the crazy Brits were.  I thought the Brits that ended up in the Stans mostly disappeared,
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 9:10:16 PM EDT
[#11]

I haven't been active in the Catholic church since 1970 +/-. If they reverted to Latin, I would not know. I only attend funerals when I go to any church.
View All Quotes

Well you certainly posted with a tone of authority.  Some parishes never stopped and religious orders that do it that way continued to exist.  In more recent years the practice has seen growth, although it is under assault from the current Pope, which has put a damper on things.  The 1962 missal is still the latest version, though, and is what we use at Mass.

It is the sort of Catholics who prefer the Latin Mass that the FBI was going off about, along with others who are otherwise similarly traditional/conservative/orthodox.  They consider people like us the real threats and not the actual threats out there and have time to create plots so that they can say they did something when they convict some guy who they talked into doing something.  Corrupt organization that ought to be disestablished at this point.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 9:11:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By CharlieR:

Great book, but most of what I took away from it was how some of the crazy Brits were.  I thought the Brits that ended up in the Stans mostly disappeared,
View All Quotes
Just started reading 'The Great Game', wonderful story telling and provides great insight into the foundational fuckedness of Russia, dating back to the Mongols.

https://www.pdfdrive.com/the-great-game-on-secret-service-in-high-asia-e195361671.html

I've been meaning to pick it up and read it for years.  Sounds like I should get it next time I'm able.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 9:15:23 PM EDT
[#13]

That's why they hate NATO and caveach about NATO expansionism; it limits their ability to subjugate their neighboring states.
View Quote

Given the threat they posed and their history of oppression it really didn't require any coaxing for so many countries to want to join NATO in the wake of the Cold War.  Many countries have good reasons for wanting to join NATO.  Too bad neither Ukraine or Georgia were able to get in before being attacked.  That Russia attacked non-NATO countries on its border would seem to justify the desire to join NATO and even now, despite how degraded the Russians have become, they could still cause a lot of damage to countries like the Baltic countries before getting beat back by NATO.  They certainly have shown they are willing to completely destroy cities among other atrocities.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 9:23:43 PM EDT
[#14]
View Quote

Not knowing anything about this weapon system, it seems like if you could get enough of these within range you could pulverize the orcs pretty good. Drone observation directing fire, clean up with infantry & an IFV. I don't know if the range on this launcher is a risk/reward assessment thing or not but damn, it looked like all hell was rained down on that trench line.

Sorry for the late post, I'm still 10 pages behind catching up.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 9:29:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By CenterMass762:

I've been to Catholic Mass one single time and they did it in Latin. That was five or six years ago.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CenterMass762:

I lived in NC and GA growing up, and AFAIK, there were no Latin masses in the churches I attended.

Don't know the veracity of this map, but according to it there are more churches with Latin services in the NE and Midwest. https://www.latinmassdir.org/country/us/
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 9:32:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Watching Friends with the wife tonight, and saw this in the episode.

If the shoe fits
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 9:36:01 PM EDT
[#17]

View All Quotes

Yup, lots of places still do the Latin Mass.  My original post was in reference to the FBI memo claiming that the parishes that still do the Latin Mass need to be watched due to their radical beliefs.  (paraphrasing the memo)  God knows there is nothing else higher on the threat matrix than that!  LOL

Anyways, back to watching orcs get blown up!

Link Posted: 4/22/2023 9:37:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

Correct.

And for the record, I am just as supportive of Taiwan as I am Ukraine. Free people living in defiance of a tyrannical regime is a great thing.

Taiwan can afford it right now. Ukraine can't
View Quote
I asked in one of the latest F Ukraine threads if the Uyghurs had an organized resistance against China, would you (F Ukraine bois) also be against arming them?

Crickets.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 9:39:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Some details on US plans to create a more flexible Iron Dome type defense for units in this thread.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FuS0bZKXgAAlJ5W?format=jpg&name=medium

Added laser weapons in the 300kW range.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FuS0dW1WwAEx4Wa?format=jpg&name=medium

It networks with all the things.

View Quote

That sounds very promising and cost effective - a rarity.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 9:42:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

I dont have much info on the UA arty brigades. They are mentioned in some articles and video but nothing too detailed.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:
Originally Posted By mcooper:

@ITCHY-FINGER. Is there a write up on those arty guys and what went on?  I’d love to read it.

I dont have much info on the UA arty brigades. They are mentioned in some articles and video but nothing too detailed.

I believe it was RUSI who revealed it was artillery that saved the day in kiev:

https://rusi.org/explore-our-research/publications/special-resources/preliminary-lessons-conventional-warfighting-russias-invasion-ukraine-february-july-2022
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 9:42:49 PM EDT
[#21]

View All Quotes

NATO refuses to give Ukraine long range ammunition like ATACMS. They even restricted HIMARS to 50 miles range. To bombard Sevastopol or sink ships from north of Crimea, they would need 100 miles+ range. They cannot shut down Kerch strait for the same reason. Meanwhile, Russia can use regular artillery from the fortifications they have built in the north of the peninsula to fire back at them.

Do you see Biden asking Congress for a major aid package to support a new offensive to retake Crimea? It would be the Republicans telling him to leave Sevastopol alone and not to spend money to mess with Crimea. Just look at the other threads in GD to see how many people would support that. And I doubt Germany or France would be behind it either.

NATO has an interest in keeping Ukraine functional, but does Crimea present a threat to NATO? Not really. Would Putin be crazy enough to drop a tactical nuke if the Black Sea fleet got wiped out? Maybe. That is high risk for not much reward for NATO. Hence why Ukraine is not getting the weapons it would need for that offensive. Of course, if NATO decided to support the offensive 100%, then Ukraine would likely succeed.

If Ukraine ends up taking back a bunch of territory with the upcoming offensive, I wonder if there might finally be enough pressure in Russia for someone to put a bullet in Putin.  

If that happened, then I could see an opening for negotiations where Russia pulls back to their borders, pays some reparations, and gets to keep Crimea.  

Not great, not terrible.

Link Posted: 4/22/2023 9:49:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lorazepam] [#22]

Link Posted: 4/22/2023 9:50:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 9:58:19 PM EDT
[#24]

View All Quotes

Yes the early British 'players' in the Great Game seemed to have quite the risk tolerance.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 10:00:03 PM EDT
[#25]

It’s gonna be something when this is over and they start talking about the amount of damage and rebuilding costs. Those poor people. Beautiful, generation owned, happy farms… turned into Russkie Mier
View All Quotes

It’s gonna be something when this is over and they start talking about the amount of damage and rebuilding costs. Those poor people. Beautiful, generation owned, happy farms… turned into Russkie Mier

Yeah, that's what I was thinking.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 10:06:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HIPPO] [#26]
View Quote
Meanwhile, folks will twist themselves into all sorts of knots about the relatively small slice of the pie going to UA, while, I don’t know… DoD can’t even get an audit opinion and it’s doubtful they will in the next 10 yrs (happy to explain all the reasons why, but it ain’t the sexy fraud or $500 toilet seats stories you want to hear…), let alone a clean opinion… or entitlement fraud, etc that is fucking legion across all major programs and has been for decades… or the fucking mismanaged termite mound on top of shit mountain that VA is and has been (too many SES billets for too many…not all, but too fucking many to sustain… washed up flags and field grades that didn’t have an in at DoD or industry once the rolled out from their service…too many fiefdoms mobbed up with their reps to get suction ahead of the mission and higher…etc).

Point is ya can’t go casting stones if you live in glass houses, especially when the other thing is run way better than all that other shit.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 10:23:17 PM EDT
[#27]
What War Did To Us: Ukraine
MissingImage
Failed To Load Product Data

Been reading this again and again. Hard recommend.

Nick is a recovering 0311 and security forces Marine who is with Brookings these days.

Link Posted: 4/22/2023 10:53:10 PM EDT
[#28]

If Ukraine ends up taking back a bunch of territory with the upcoming offensive, I wonder if there might finally be enough pressure in Russia for someone to put a bullet in Putin.  

If that happened, then I could see an opening for negotiations where Russia pulls back to their borders, pays some reparations, and gets to keep Crimea.  

Not great, not terrible.

View Quote

That’s an enormous victory for Ukraine.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 11:12:10 PM EDT
[#29]

Its really not that hard.

Russians build a slit trench.  They roof it with timber.  But they need to get inside the trench so they leave a hole, and the UAVs drop grenades down the hole.

If, the way the US does it, they had two walls of sandbags, say 1x5, then five more on top of them, 20 total, they could build a bigger roof.  You have to crawl under it, but from above, no hole. put sand on top to deflect the blast up. Keep your head down.

I am flabbergasted continuously...I don't recall seeing any sandbags in this war.  I don't know what NATO partner teaches field fortifications to these guys....either a) noone or b) someone that sucks but definitely not c) us.

I used to think we stunk but now I think after fighting good defenders for 50 years, we picked up a few tricks.

Sandbags, people.

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-nS887Gmhf7M/WLdaZHXCDvI/AAAAAAAAEnE/oTZ_O-4etU8DbcW9hjdH4fumdjWzB_o-gCLcB/s1600/foxhole-soldier.jpg

https://www.wearethemighty.com/uploads/legacy/assets.rbl.ms/17491781/origin.jpg
View Quote

Yes. Exactly.
As an idiot cadet I was taught this.
No idea why this isn’t being put to use now.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 11:12:33 PM EDT
[#30]

Its really not that hard.

Russians build a slit trench.  They roof it with timber.  But they need to get inside the trench so they leave a hole, and the UAVs drop grenades down the hole.

If, the way the US does it, they had two walls of sandbags, say 1x5, then five more on top of them, 20 total, they could build a bigger roof.  You have to crawl under it, but from above, no hole. put sand on top to deflect the blast up. Keep your head down.

I am flabbergasted continuously...I don't recall seeing any sandbags in this war.  I don't know what NATO partner teaches field fortifications to these guys....either a) noone or b) someone that sucks but definitely not c) us.

I used to think we stunk but now I think after fighting good defenders for 50 years, we picked up a few tricks.

Sandbags, people.

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-nS887Gmhf7M/WLdaZHXCDvI/AAAAAAAAEnE/oTZ_O-4etU8DbcW9hjdH4fumdjWzB_o-gCLcB/s1600/foxhole-soldier.jpg

https://www.wearethemighty.com/uploads/legacy/assets.rbl.ms/17491781/origin.jpg
View Quote

Yes. Exactly.
As an idiot cadet I was taught this.
No idea why this isn’t being put to use now.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 11:15:45 PM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

That's not going to matter to those who have already made up their minds. They don't care about facts or observable reality, just what reinforces their biases and makes them feel like they know things the sheep don't.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 11:18:02 PM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

$400 million for Zelenski, right? Right?
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 11:35:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Can someone explain this to me. If Turkey, Poland, and South Korea have MGM-140 ATACMS, why can’t they give them to Ukraine?
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 11:48:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By j_hooker:
Can someone explain this to me. If Turkey, Poland, and South Korea have MGM-140 ATACMS, why can’t they give them to Ukraine?
View Quote

Poland likely wants to save them for possible future shenanigans with Russia, in addition to not wanting to go against US policy regarding ATACMS to Ukraine. South Korea likely wants to maintain theirs due to their retarded cousin to the north. I doubt Turkey would do something that escalatory, given that they've kind of tried to play both sides to a certain extent throughout this (they did allegedly give Ukraine DPICMs, though).
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 12:27:53 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By kpacman:

I think GD should pool our resources and send some Bud Light to him.

Did you just MISGENDER they/them?! YOU MONSTER!
South Park - Hillarious trans joke

He's probably struggling to find a shitty beer over there.

Nah, probably not really. What would a tranny 🎶doo-oo-oo, FOR A KLONDIKE BAR🎶?!
View Quote

And why pay for Bud Light (piss water) when geo-locating attention whores and recommending double-stack AT mines along known routes of travel via the internet is free?

War crime? Yeah maybe, but who's counting? I identify as allergic to annoying stupid bitch-persons.

Transgenderism is already perverted and narcissistic, now imagine a person who travels to a FUCKING WAR ZONE in order to post selfies and be blatantly TG for all the self-congratulatory comments and replies?

How this...person...hasn't caught a bullet or an F1 rolled under their cot is a tribute to the restraint of the UA service "people" around "them".
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 1:35:09 AM EDT
[#36]
690 more orc fertilizer bags delivered. Not too shabby!

Link Posted: 4/23/2023 1:43:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Freiheit8472] [#37]
Some more robo-mower images.

These guys are really inspiring me about what is possible. Apologies to the neighbors if our tractor goes haywire this summer!

Link Posted: 4/23/2023 1:56:10 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 1:59:09 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
been offline for a bit, but thought this was worth sharing…this fucking guy.
View Quote

Whether he was a knowing traitoe or not, I’m sure we’ll find out he was engineered/activated by the “Putin defender of the faith BS.”
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 2:05:09 AM EDT
[#40]
WAR__DARK.TEAM
🇬🇧:ENGLISH
🚨 Warning Danger

🧧 In case of any Israeli cyber attack against Iran, we have the upper hand
—————————————————————————————
⚠️ We have access to all the fuel tanks of power plants and the electricity network and the missile system of Israel, in case of any attack against Iran, we will respond decisively.
⚠️Do you want innocent people to be killed??? It is your decision
🇮🇷:IRAN

🚨 هشدار

🧧در صورت هر گونه حمله سایبری اسرائيل علیه ایران دست بالاتر راداریم
⚠️ما از تمامی مخازن سوخت نیروگاه‌ها و شبکه برق و و سیستم موشکی اسرائيل  دسترسی داریم در صورت هر گونه حمله علیه کشور ایران با قاطعیت پاسخ می‌دهیم
⚠️ایا دوست دارید مردم بی گناه کشته شوند؟؟؟ تصمیم با شماست

https://t.me/wardarkOfficial/580

Link Posted: 4/23/2023 2:12:03 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Charging_Handle:

The F-18 Super Hornet would be a terrific aircraft for Ukraine, especially in the Block III configuration. It can handle the role of fighter, perform attack missions, can do SEAD/DEAD and of course the Growler variant can handle EW needs. It has a better radar than the F-16 and can carry more air to air missiles. It is a really good 4+ Generation fighter, especially for the money. The only thing lacking in terms of the Super Hornet are the GE F414-GE-400 engines. With 22,000 lbs. of thrust each in afterburner, the aircraft is a bit underpowered. GE has offered an EPE version of the engine that is capable of producing 26,400 lbs. of thrust, but the U.S. Navy has never opted to pursue this upgrade. With the EPE motors, the Super Hornet would become a monster (20% greater thrust), with a thrust to weight ratio similar to that of the EF-2000 Typhoon or the F-16C Block 52. The F-18 Super Hornet is already impressive as far as maneuverability goes, even with the underpowered engines. The EPE would greatly enhance its rate of climb, acceleration and boost its sustained turning performance. The U.S. Navy will probably never opt for the EPE engine with F/A-XX program in progress. But if I were Ukraine, I'd be highly interested in that engine if they decide to procure the Super Hornet. A Block III Super Bug with AMRAAM and the GE EPE engines would be a real handful for even Russia's latest Flanker variants.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Charging_Handle:

How many Super Hornets do you think could be freed up?
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 2:16:47 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Prime:

Nothing will help other than a dramatic example.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0535/6917/products/mistakesdemotivator.jpeg?v=1554328460
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/539199/E507BAB1-E3AA-429A-94D5-C710F7E723CF-2791316.jpg

This fucking guy indeed.

Stern emails and memos are already going around to every single person with a clearance. Essentially saying: “Remember like…EVERYTHING YOU WERE EVER TOLD ABOUT HAVING A FUCKING CLEARANCE”

Nothing will help other than a dramatic example.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0535/6917/products/mistakesdemotivator.jpeg?v=1554328460

Yep, that dude needs to spend a long, long time behind bars.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 2:19:39 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 2:26:37 AM EDT
[#44]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FuW9fhnWwAY1rie?format=jpg&name=900x900
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FuWsf6JWwAIliK1?format=jpg&name=medium
Some of the fellas are giving him shit. If I could prove that is the same sign, it would be funny.
View All Quotes

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FuW9fhnWwAY1rie?format=jpg&name=900x900
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FuWsf6JWwAIliK1?format=jpg&name=medium

Just let it go. Trying to troll the Russians is a good thing. Shouldn't be posting positions anyway. I know exactly where that sign is at.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 2:34:35 AM EDT
[#45]
Nice to see the daily numbers creeping back up again over the past few days.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 2:39:32 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By PolarBear416:

The early days of the war were an intelligence victory. It wasn't our weapons that stopped the Russians from a fast win. It was two brigades of Ukrainian artillery pounding the road the Russians tried to advance on - just happened to know to be there. That hilarious Russian convoy wasn't stopped by weather, broken equipment, indecision, or by local partisans with Javelins - it was stopped by artillery that just happened to be in exactly the right place at the right time. And when the Russian special forces landed in Kiev airport - the Ukrainians were waiting.

The Russians didn't have a bad plan. We just knew what it was, and told the Ukrainians where to be and what to do to stop them.
View All Quotes

When you read the early history of the war, I think it's pretty clear we didn't have any grand strategy. It's simply dumb luck that our slow, nervous increase in arms deliveries has lengthened the war to the point that its a ghastly meat grinder. To think this is a deliberate Bear Trap is to attribute competence and planning where none really exists imo.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2023/02/24/russia-ukraine-war-oral-history-00083757

The early days of the war were an intelligence victory. It wasn't our weapons that stopped the Russians from a fast win. It was two brigades of Ukrainian artillery pounding the road the Russians tried to advance on - just happened to know to be there. That hilarious Russian convoy wasn't stopped by weather, broken equipment, indecision, or by local partisans with Javelins - it was stopped by artillery that just happened to be in exactly the right place at the right time. And when the Russian special forces landed in Kiev airport - the Ukrainians were waiting.

The Russians didn't have a bad plan. We just knew what it was, and told the Ukrainians where to be and what to do to stop them.

All true, and I’ll add the Ukrainians had the guts to do the necessary at great cost.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 2:45:02 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Capta:

All true, and I’ll add the Ukrainians had the guts to do the necessary at great cost.
View All Quotes

When you read the early history of the war, I think it's pretty clear we didn't have any grand strategy. It's simply dumb luck that our slow, nervous increase in arms deliveries has lengthened the war to the point that its a ghastly meat grinder. To think this is a deliberate Bear Trap is to attribute competence and planning where none really exists imo.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2023/02/24/russia-ukraine-war-oral-history-00083757

And their leader asked for ammo rather than a ride.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 3:03:56 AM EDT
[#48]

View Quote

Last mass I attended was in Spanish, English and Latin
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 3:11:14 AM EDT
[#49]
Okay, I didn't know that the Jews were presented so much alongside the Ukrainians in Soviet propaganda.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FuUza6ZXoAAizVb?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FuUzcf1XwAAUegk?format=png&name=small
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FuUznF1XoAAI_zk?format=png&name=small

View Quote

If you’ve seen any of the large amount of propaganda referring to satanists or satanism in charge of Ukraine, that is code for the Jews.  Everyone in the Russian audience will understand that.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 3:20:14 AM EDT
[#50]

I think drones are going to be more like aircraft.  We are seeing technology used in certain ways, portrayed on the internet in certain ways.  Tip of the iceberg.

The downward cost in precision munitions, the effect of an unkillable (people terms anyway) Command and control node in the sky, as well as a forward observer, will revolutionize things. The ability to circumvent the fog of war ground dwelling combatants have accepted for thousand of years will hurt your head.

Tactically, an army fighting without drones will eb like one fighting without an air force.  We don't really know where its going but it will be big.
View All Quotes

It strikes me that the drone threat must be like antipersonnel mines were historically, but worse.  You can die horribly any time.  You are never safe.  You see people all around you maimed and killed.  If you’re wounded, expect follow-up.  You know that your enemy gets to watch you die miserably and enjoy it.
No thanks.

I think drones are going to be more like aircraft.  We are seeing technology used in certain ways, portrayed on the internet in certain ways.  Tip of the iceberg.

The downward cost in precision munitions, the effect of an unkillable (people terms anyway) Command and control node in the sky, as well as a forward observer, will revolutionize things. The ability to circumvent the fog of war ground dwelling combatants have accepted for thousand of years will hurt your head.

Tactically, an army fighting without drones will eb like one fighting without an air force.  We don't really know where its going but it will be big.

We’ve seen indications of this already with small units with direct drone support and good communication vs small units without.  It’s basically murder.
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3908 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top