Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3912 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 4/23/2023 10:46:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Freiheit8472] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
The more jam proof Skylink satellite enclosure.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FubHgrUXoAUjDHa?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

I confess I don’t immediately understand how this helps with EW but doesn’t also kill functionality.

Hypothetically the wire mesh could be optimized to pass the starlink’s functioning wavelength while blocking the jamming wavelength… but that’s not what’s going on in that photo. Idk… any ideas?

ETA: that post the other day placed a limit on the cell size, so maybe that is done with the starlink wavelength in mind and the grid cuts out a lot of the jamming above that wavelength and the amount of jamming at the wavelength at the frequency of gps is small enough to be tolerable.

Which you’d think they’d dump a lot of energy into jamming at the gps wavelength
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 10:50:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Zam18th:
Perfect.

New era trampoline.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Perfect.

New era trampoline.

Every one of them gives me either a sensible chuckle,or I just outright laugh.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 11:05:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JTF] [#3]
Originally Posted By Freiheit8472:

I confess I don’t immediately understand how this helps with EW but doesn’t also kill functionality.

Hypothetically the wire mesh could be optimized to pass the starlink’s functioning wavelength while blocking the jamming wavelength… but that’s not what’s going on in that photo. Idk… any ideas?
View Quote

My guess, there is a critical gap in the wire. Block the majority of the EW, and let the signal through.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 11:08:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:

Start doing night attacks with drones equipped with Glow Sticks.

Then just start harassing them with a mix of armed an unarmed glowstick equipped drones while UA sneak up on them at night.
View Quote

Pavlov was Russian.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 11:09:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By JTF:

My guess, there is a critical gap in the wire. Block the majority of the EW, and let the signal through.
https://i.postimg.cc/Pq838BZ3/Starlink-Faraday.jpg
View All Quotes

Unless the frequencies at issue are different than what I think they are, that cage is only for keeping critters from chewing up something and/or to keep people from tripping over it. I could be wrong, though.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 11:10:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Freiheit8472] [#6]

View All Quotes

Hmm yea maybe. Because they described a fence in their earlier post.

Man signal quality must take a massive dump tho so there’s a tangible sacrifice. Better than nothing of course.

And they need good knowledge of where the satellites are. They’re geosynchronous right? Such a small gap….
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 11:14:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By planemaker:

Unless the frequencies at issue are different than what I think they are, that cage is only for keeping critters from chewing up something and/or to keep people from tripping over it. I could be wrong, though.
View All Quotes

Right that’s true too. All one has to do is look at their microwave door to see a quarter wavelength for… well microwaves. And Therese would be much shorter.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 11:19:13 PM EDT
[#8]

View All Quotes

I confess I don't immediately understand how this helps with EW but doesn't also kill functionality.

Hypothetically the wire mesh could be optimized to pass the starlink's functioning wavelength while blocking the jamming wavelength  but that's not what's going on in that photo. Idk  any ideas?

Should be 1.2-1.5 GHz for civilian gps signals, right?

Link Posted: 4/23/2023 11:20:35 PM EDT
[#9]

Right that’s true too. All one has to do is look at their microwave door to see a quarter wavelength for… well microwaves. And Therese would be much shorter.
View All Quotes

We had to  use screen-door mesh size shielding to keep the signals from the equipment we were working on at the base from leaking out to the runway. That fence wire isn't doing shit except keeping deer away.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 11:25:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Kagetora:

We had to  use screen-door mesh size shielding to keep the signals from the equipment we were working on at the base from leaking out to the runway. That fence wire isn't doing shit except keeping deer away.
View Quote

I must have screwed up the math then because I'm getting 3/4" to 1" mesh on the high end for gps frequencies.

Link Posted: 4/23/2023 11:26:16 PM EDT
[#11]

View All Quotes

Agreed, all the real cages I’ve seen have been more like porch screening than that
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 11:28:21 PM EDT
[#12]

View Quote

Antenna cope cage.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 11:28:56 PM EDT
[#13]

View Quote
Many homes where I am have stucco exteriors and that has a wire-mesh backing of similar size which does not significantly hinder radio, cell, WiFi or other signals like GPS.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 11:28:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Freiheit8472] [#14]

I must have screwed up the math then because I'm getting 3/4" to 1" mesh on the high end for gps frequencies.

View All Quotes

What’s the wavelength of a gps freq? I remember microwaves are a cm or two (so a quarter of that gives us what we have on our microwave appliance doors to shield us)… and I’m too lazy to do math right now to figure out what a couple GHz is lol
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 11:36:56 PM EDT
[#15]

What's the wavelength of a gps freq? I remember microwaves are a cm or two (so a quarter of that gives us what we have on our microwave appliance doors to shield us)  and I'm too lazy to do math right now to figure out what a couple GHz is lol
View Quote

~ .19 and .24 m
Maybe
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 11:38:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By The_Gooch:
Many homes where I am have stucco exteriors and that has a wire-mesh backing of similar size which does not significantly hinder radio, cell, WiFi or other signals like GPS.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By The_Gooch:

Yea that’s right.

Well 1 ghz is 300 mm so I was way off
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 11:39:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Freiheit8472] [#17]

~ .19 and .24 m
Maybe
View All Quotes

What's the wavelength of a gps freq? I remember microwaves are a cm or two (so a quarter of that gives us what we have on our microwave appliance doors to shield us)  and I'm too lazy to do math right now to figure out what a couple GHz is lol

~ .19 and .24 m
Maybe

Ah I’m going to have to cut myself now for not knowing that!!!

Problem is I’m a wavelength guy in my defense (depending on your part of the spectrum and field some people work and think in different units).

So that spacing makes more sense now
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 11:48:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kagetora] [#18]

View All Quotes

Nope. It's also possible I have no idea what I'm yammering about. I just know my previous experience.

ETA:  I don't know shit about the wavelength of GPS, when I was dealing with it (as an archaeologist) the focus was on how accurate it could be, differential GPS, things like that. None of us cared about the specific wavelength. Without fail. someone will be along shortly to explain how we're all wrong, and the scientific reason why. I'm looking forward to it. I learn a lot in this thread.
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 12:22:45 AM EDT
[#19]

Nope. It's also possible I have no idea what I'm yammering about. I just know my previous experience.

ETA:  I don't know shit about the wavelength of GPS, when I was dealing with it (as an archaeologist) the focus was on how accurate it could be, differential GPS, things like that. None of us cared about the specific wavelength. Without fail. someone will be along shortly to explain how we're all wrong, and the scientific reason why. I'm looking forward to it. I learn a lot in this thread.
View Quote
I hear that.  I'm looking forward to learning more about this and if they're defending against EW or just running psyops or something.

For anyone who wants to dig in, here is what I was going by
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 12:40:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By RockNwood:

A face to the Wagner leader doing the beheadings in Syria and Ukraine.  The thread contains a NSFW pic.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_0418-2793421.jpg
View Quote

That's an Interesting thread
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 12:45:44 AM EDT
[#21]

Ah I'm going to have to cut myself now for not knowing that!!!

Problem is I'm a wavelength guy in my defense (depending on your part of the spectrum and field some people work and think in different units).

So that spacing makes more sense now
View Quote
My parents warned me to watch out for those wavelength guys.  

We'll have to see if anyone here has experience with this stuff. It might be a case of what the internet says and what actually works in the field being two different things. Or on the other hand, the shielding seeming inadequate but being just good enough to blunt their attack in a specific location.  Also the video looked like 2 different setups, maybe they were testing or just throwing anything they could find on there.
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 1:20:30 AM EDT
[#22]
Can see where the term 'trench foot' comes from:

Link Posted: 4/24/2023 2:17:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#23]
https://twitter.com/pstyle0ne1/status/1650378387377074177
Budanov ought to know. I hope they can defeat Russia this year. You never know, if a breakthrough gets into their rear areas it could become a rout. Better to plan for friction and counterattacks. But it would be grand if he has a plan for a 2023 defeat.

"We are approaching a landmark battle, when it starts is a mystery", - Budanov

A few more statements by the head of the GUR:
📍If you take a football analogy, now is 72-75 minutes.
📍 To reach the borders of 1991 is quite an achievable task this year.  Sufficient volumes of territory will be returned by force during the counteroffensive.
📍 If we enter the Crimea, there will be no nuclear strike.  Crimea is part of the territory of Ukraine, without the return of Crimea the situation will not end.

Link Posted: 4/24/2023 2:29:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 2:30:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
I asked in one of the latest F Ukraine threads if the Uyghurs had an organized resistance against China, would you (F Ukraine bois) also be against arming them?

Crickets.
View Quote

The Uyghurs (Muslim minority) organized a terrorist attack that involved slicing and hacking over fifty people with knives and swords in western China. The Communist Party decided to punish the entire community. As much as I distrust China, and especially Communists, murdering lots of people for no reason deserves an overwhelming response. The Uyghurs have been demanding a self-governing republic carved out of western China for decades and alliances with the Muslim nations in the middle east. What we do if Portland, Minneapolis, Austin, etc. decided they wanted independence from our nation and started murdering people to make a point.?

Nobody has a right to slaughter innocent people and expect nothing in return.

El Salvador has recently declared war on criminal gangs. I have my reservations regarding human rights, but organized crime deserves a harsh response. It should be illegal to belong to any criminal organization. We should be adopting strategies to wipe them out, with or without, Draconian measures to make it happen. Our Founding Fathers did not write the Bill of Rights to protect criminals! The wrote it to protect political speech!

I the early 1800's it wasn't considered cruel or unusual to have criminals "blocked" (their head and arms held in a wooden vise and forced to stay outdoors without protection from the weather) in front of city hall. 24 hours probably made an impression, longer did for sure. Cheap and effective. "Depends" had not been invented yet.

Thieves should be punished in the most financially effective way possible. Murderer's and rapists should spend their lives in prison.

The original meaning of "outlaw" meant that person had last all legal recourse through the "King's Courts". Part of being a citizen meant you honored and obeyed your nation's laws. If you stepped outside of that protection and responsibility too many times, the King could place you as a "persona non grata".

You were no longer a citizen, you have no rights, anyone could exact a revenge, burn your house down, F you in the ass and you no longer had recourse. If one of your previous victims decided to slit your throat, no law could stop them or punish them. If someone you never harmed decided to do the same, you were helpless. It's important to have consequences.

The social contract comes with responsibilities and commitments. Anyone who thinks they don't owe something to their neighbors', are not a member of their community, don't support law enforcement, won't testify against criminals, especially violent criminals, deserve the city they get. They might lose all their worldly possessions and some of their loved ones.

We are at a crossroads. Probably have been for decades. Allowing criminality to become common, even allowed, will destroy our nation. This is not a problem that can't be conquered. Right and wrong is almost universally accepted. We need to find a way to address criminality that performs a positive outcome and response from the community. The poorest crime ridden communities should be free of litter, condemned buildings, graffiti and the sidewalks trimmed to the limit of their base.

Convicts should be put to work making their communities better. The lowest income neighborhoods should be spotless when it comes to litter. The humiliation and forced responsibility should make an impression on the offenders. They may even become an asset once they are released from their duties, who wants to see their community deteriorate after they spent days cleaning it up?

With the current technology available, convicts could be required to wear shock collars or shock bracelets that would punish them severely should they get over 100 yards away from the work crew. Supervisors could punish anyone as an individual should they break any rules. Most of our inner cities are full of trash and condemned buildings need demolition. Being on a chain gang in your own neighborhood will have a sobering effect. Criminals, to a man, hate being shamed or humiliated. Lets get something positive done with convicts, instead of suffering high financial costs and little incentive against a return visit to our court system.
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 2:32:22 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Birddog15:

If Ukraine ends up taking back a bunch of territory with the upcoming offensive, I wonder if there might finally be enough pressure in Russia for someone to put a bullet in Putin.  

If that happened, then I could see an opening for negotiations where Russia pulls back to their borders, pays some reparations, and gets to keep Crimea.  

Not great, not terrible.

View Quote

Russia does not get Crimea, no matter how many bullets go in Putin's head. Shoot him 1000 times, I don't care, Crimea is Ukraine.
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 2:39:55 AM EDT
[#27]
I enjoy hearing about anything that gets near Moscow.
BREAKING ‼️A drone with 17 kilograms of explosives fell in the Moscow region

The drone was discovered by a local resident in a forest near Noginsk on the afternoon of April 23. She reported to the police that she had found a large aircraft 300 meters from her house.

The crashed drone was a Ukrainian-made UJ-22 Airborn, 3.5 meters long. Apparently, it ran out of fuel. Inside the drone, about 30 briquettes weighing 570 grams with an explosive inside were found.
#RussiaIsLosing #Russia #Moscow #Ukraine #UkraineRussiaWar
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 2:40:04 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
Meanwhile, folks will twist themselves into all sorts of knots about the relatively small slice of the pie going to UA, while, I don’t know… DoD can’t even get an audit opinion and it’s doubtful they will in the next 10 yrs (happy to explain all the reasons why, but it ain’t the sexy fraud or $500 toilet seats stories you want to hear…), let alone a clean opinion… or entitlement fraud, etc that is fucking legion across all major programs and has been for decades… or the fucking mismanaged termite mound on top of shit mountain that VA is and has been (too many SES billets for too many…not all, but too fucking many to sustain… washed up flags and field grades that didn’t have an in at DoD or industry once the rolled out from their service…too many fiefdoms mobbed up with their reps to get suction ahead of the mission and higher…etc).

Point is ya can’t go casting stones if you live in glass houses, especially when the other thing is run way better than all that other shit.
View Quote

Do go on.

Your vile dislike for anything government is apparent for all to see. How do you think weapons and ammo reach Ukraine?
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 2:46:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#29]

The properties in New York and New Jersey were purchased by Malysheva and her family with embezzled money, which probably gives our government the right to seize the real estate.

Love these comments:

They all complain about the US but love the spoils.

Link Posted: 4/24/2023 2:52:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#30]
https://twitter.com/tallbarfin/status/1650391921704017923

Something in the harbor was hit, russians lie again.

Lets hope for more info today 🤞

Overnight, Sevastopol (harbor) was attacked by Ukrainian drones. Two explosions were reported. Russian officials say they repelled (🤡) the attack.

BREAKING ‼️

According to the occupying authorities of Crimea, there was an attack by surface drones on the peninsula at night.

According to them, one drone managed to be destroyed, the other broke off by itself.

This happened over Sevastopol reportedly

Link Posted: 4/24/2023 2:57:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#31]

Link Posted: 4/24/2023 3:46:57 AM EDT
[#32]

This one is for Freiheit8472:

Link Posted: 4/24/2023 4:43:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#33]
Terrorist directing terrorists…
The Internet will remember all.

Related article:
https://euromaidanpress.com/2023/04/17/wagner-confesses-executing-ukrainian-children-in-bakhmut-and-soledar-can-hardly-be-called-civilians/

A Russian initiative has released a video of Wagner PMC inmates confessing to the murders of Ukrainian children in Bakhmut and Soledar. According to one of the murderers, unarmed 15-year-old Ukrainian teenagers “can hardly be called civilians,” as reported by the Ukrianska Pravda, referencing the video by the Gulagu.net project (a Russian anti-torture human rights organization – ed.)

The project Gulagu.net published the testimonies of two former Wagner PMC units’ commanders. They were recruited from Russian colonies to join Yevgeny Prigozhin’s mercenaries.

In particular, Azamat Uldarov, an ex-convict from the Penitentiary colony № 13 of the Russian Federal Penitentiary Service, Saratov Oblast (pardoned by the decree of the President of Russia on 23 August 2022), and Alexei Savichev, an ex-convict from the Penitentiary colony № 1 of the Voronezh Oblast (pardoned by Putin’s decree of 02 September 2022).

Currently, the criminals are in Russia.

Throughout the week, they testified in video and audio interviews to Gulagu.net’s founder, Vladimir Osechkin, about:
the execution of more than 20 Ukrainian children and teenagers
the explosion of a pit containing more than 50 wounded prisoners, and the so-called “500” (those who decided to cease fighting and refused to carry out orders to kill Ukrainians)
the clearing of residential buildings and massacre of everyone, including children
One of the Wagnerites confesses that he “shot a 5-year-old girl in the head” when they entered Soledar and Bakhmut, “She’s screaming, she is a small child, you know. I shot a girl between ages 5 and 6 in the head.”
Uldarov also stated that he “cleared” the basement of a nine-story building in Bakhmut, containing 300-400 civilians and about 40 children. The Russian occupier added that “he had no choice.” He was ordered to eliminate everyone.

“I carried out the order with this very hand; I murdered the children. You know, per directives. The truth that we were ordered to clear the area and eliminate everyone. We were 150 Wagnerites, and we killed everyone – women, men, pensioners, and children as young as five years old,” said Uldarov.
Prigozhin personally ordered executions and murders, according to both former commanders of the Wagner PMC units.

According to the terrorists, Prigozhin gave them the order to clear Bakhmut. He ordered that no one be spared, not even the elderly or the young, and that they all be executed. The situation was worse in Soledar.

The terrorist stated that it occurred in March of 2023.

“Civilians were leaving. And there was an order: all individuals aged 15 and older were to be executed without warning. 20-24 people were shot, ten of the victims were between 15 and 17 years old,” said Savichev.

When asked how many unarmed civilians they killed in February 2023, Savichev responded that 15-year-old Ukrainians “can hardly be called civilians.”
One of the Russian occupiers also claimed that the Wagnerites once became intoxicated and captured 15 Kadyrovites who were unwilling to fight.

Savichev stated that the Wagner mercenaries were threatened with execution if they spoke to journalists.

It should be noted that the Russian project Gulagu.net publishes data on Russian occupiers. With the assistance of this project, the Russian occupiers’ military and security forces that “repented” left Russian territory. Later, it was discovered that one of the “evacuees,” former paratrooper Pavel Filatiev, was later implicated in war crimes in Ukraine.

The Gulagu.net video lasts 77 minutes. None of the Russian occupiers expressed regret for the crimes they committed in Ukraine. Furthermore, Uldarov is consistently intoxicated throughout the entire video.

Uldarov also admitted that the Wagnerites do not take prisoners and routinely murder Ukrainian soldiers “Most often with a knife. We slashed the throat. We record it. When Prigozhin instructed us to use a sledgehammer, we grabbed one and killed [a man] with it. This is his method. He is an awful person.”
In addition, Uldarov expressed a wish to return to the front and continue fighting.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 4:54:48 AM EDT
[#34]
Apparently, the Hungarian hatar is rather serious about no war materials to Ukraine.

I flew home to Budapest today and the border hacks harassed me on my IFAKs I brought for my friends unit.

Then fucken harassed me because they claim my bag is over 70 pounds and it is not. It was 65 pounds each.

A Hungarian friend who works in border security is working on my behalf for the medical kits.

This ain't FUCKEN WAR MATERIALS, this is medical first aid trauma kits.

Then again, another friend got harassed entering into Warsaw, Poland so I don't know if IFAKS are ITAR violations or not.

Link Posted: 4/24/2023 5:00:48 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 5:34:57 AM EDT
[#36]

It was only at matter of time...
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 5:48:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Hate_Work] [#37]
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:
Can see where the term 'trench foot' comes from:

View Quote

Guy doing the recording looks like he's shivering. Hmmm. 45 degrees at wet. Sounds pleasant enough.
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 6:01:02 AM EDT
[#38]
Just went through the last 5 pages trying to get caught up.

MSM seems to have all but stopped reporting on this War, barely hear anything about it on the news anymore.

Link Posted: 4/24/2023 6:03:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MADMAXXX] [#39]
This first video was posted earlier but I just now saw the second part in the second video.
ETA The grenade drop accuracy in the second video was awesome.
Off the wall, right in the hole, BOOM.
????? ?? ???????. 1 ?????. ?????? ??????. ??? ?2. ???????-????????

????? ?? ???????. 2 ?????. ?????. ??? ?2. ???????-????????

Link Posted: 4/24/2023 6:28:35 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By borderpatrol:

Do go on.

Your vile dislike for anything government is apparent for all to see. How do you think weapons and ammo reach Ukraine?
View Quote

I think you misunderstand me or have me confused with someone else.
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 7:27:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4xGM300m] [#41]
Originally Posted By Dagger41:
Just went through the last 5 pages trying to get caught up.

MSM seems to have all but stopped reporting on this War, barely hear anything about it on the news anymore.

View Quote

Right now there are hardly any news that are interesting for the masses.

They don't care about the 1000th video of a blown up Orc tank.
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 7:35:17 AM EDT
[#42]

ETA: that post the other day placed a limit on the cell size, so maybe that is done with the starlink wavelength in mind and the grid cuts out a lot of the jamming above that wavelength and the amount of jamming at the wavelength at the frequency of gps is small enough to be tolerable.

Which you’d think they’d dump a lot of energy into jamming at the gps wavelength
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
The more jam proof Skylink satellite enclosure.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FubHgrUXoAUjDHa?format=jpg&name=large

Starlink uses a phased array with hundreds of small antenna cells.  The beam forming actually requires cancellation to steer the beam.  So a cage over it is no problem at all, as the onboard controllers compensate.
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 8:02:01 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 8:08:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#44]

Agreed, all the real cages I’ve seen have been more like porch screening than that
View All Quotes

Yeah, there was a video along with the tweet, and they had a few different cages with different mesh dimensions so it seems they were experimenting with what worked or not.  The video had one mesh that like a windscreen from a porch front door.
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 8:14:22 AM EDT
[#45]

The Uyghurs (Muslim minority) organized a terrorist attack that involved slicing and hacking over fifty people with knives and swords in western China. The Communist Party decided to punish the entire community. As much as I distrust China, and especially Communists, murdering lots of people for no reason deserves an overwhelming response. The Uyghurs have been demanding a self-governing republic carved out of western China for decades and alliances with the Muslim nations in the middle east. What we do if Portland, Minneapolis, Austin, etc. decided they wanted independence from our nation and started murdering people to make a point.?

El Salvador has recently declared war on criminal gangs. I have my reservations regarding human rights, but organized crime deserves a harsh response. It should be illegal to belong to any criminal organization. We should be adopting strategies to wipe them out, with or without, Draconian measures to make it happen. Our Founding Fathers did not write the Bill of Rights to protect criminals! The wrote it to protect political speech!

I the early 1800's it wasn't considered cruel or unusual to have criminals "blocked" (their head and arms held in a wooden vise and forced to stay outdoors without protection from the weather) in front of city hall. 24 hours probably made an impression, longer did for sure. Cheap and effective. "Depends" had not been invented yet.

Thieves should be punished in the most financially effective way possible. Murderer's and rapists should spend their lives in prison.

The original meaning of "outlaw" meant that person had last all legal recourse through the "King's Courts". Part of being a citizen meant you honored and obeyed your nation's laws. If you stepped outside of that protection and responsibility too many times, the King could place you as a "persona non grata".

You were no longer a citizen, you have no rights, anyone could exact a revenge, burn your house down, F you in the ass and you no longer had recourse. If one of your previous victims decided to slit your throat, no law could stop them or punish them. If someone you never harmed decided to do the same, you were helpless. It's important to have consequences.

The social contract comes with responsibilities and commitments. Anyone who thinks they don't owe something to their neighbors', are not a member of their community, don't support law enforcement, won't testify against criminals, especially violent criminals, deserve the city they get. They might lose all their worldly possessions and some of their loved ones.

We are at a crossroads. Probably have been for decades. Allowing criminality to become common, even allowed, will destroy our nation. This is not a problem that can't be conquered. Right and wrong is almost universally accepted. We need to find a way to address criminality that performs a positive outcome and response from the community. The poorest crime ridden communities should be free of litter, condemned buildings, graffiti and the sidewalks trimmed to the limit of their base.

Convicts should be put to work making their communities better. The lowest income neighborhoods should be spotless when it comes to litter. The humiliation and forced responsibility should make an impression on the offenders. They may even become an asset once they are released from their duties, who wants to see their community deteriorate after they spent days cleaning it up?

With the current technology available, convicts could be required to wear shock collars or shock bracelets that would punish them severely should they get over 100 yards away from the work crew. Supervisors could punish anyone as an individual should they break any rules. Most of our inner cities are full of trash and condemned buildings need demolition. Being on a chain gang in your own neighborhood will have a sobering effect. Criminals, to a man, hate being shamed or humiliated. Lets get something positive done with convicts, instead of suffering high financial costs and little incentive against a return visit to our court system.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
I asked in one of the latest F Ukraine threads if the Uyghurs had an organized resistance against China, would you (F Ukraine bois) also be against arming them?

Crickets.

"murdering lots of people for no reason"

China's been doing that since forever, I know you remember tiananmen square.
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 8:26:57 AM EDT
[#46]

View Quote
I did not know that history, thank you.

For context, I would add that my question was asked in response to one of the "SME's" who said if we are fighting in Ukraine for moral reasons, don't we have a moral obligation to fight for the Uyghurs (among others).
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 8:27:04 AM EDT
[#47]

Do go on.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
Meanwhile, folks will twist themselves into all sorts of knots about the relatively small slice of the pie going to UA, while, I don’t know… DoD can’t even get an audit opinion and it’s doubtful they will in the next 10 yrs (happy to explain all the reasons why, but it ain’t the sexy fraud or $500 toilet seats stories you want to hear…), let alone a clean opinion… or entitlement fraud, etc that is fucking legion across all major programs and has been for decades… or the fucking mismanaged termite mound on top of shit mountain that VA is and has been (too many SES billets for too many…not all, but too fucking many to sustain… washed up flags and field grades that didn’t have an in at DoD or industry once the rolled out from their service…too many fiefdoms mobbed up with their reps to get suction ahead of the mission and higher…etc).

Point is ya can’t go casting stones if you live in glass houses, especially when the other thing is run way better than all that other shit.

Do go on.

One may not want to hear how filthy the sausage-making machines are in the sausage factory, but much of our Federal Government is woefully inefficient and run by the self-interested; in most agencies large amounts of assets are wasted on bureaucracy with higher leadership so bad that bare mediocrity would be a massive improvement.  Most of the effective work is done by small pockets of competent people and leaders who are generally under siege by what feels like an incompetent and self-interested blob, and senior leadership that speaks in politicized word salad.  One doesn't "hate" the FedGov in concept to point out how bloated, incompetent, and self-dealing the Federal Bureaucracy as a whole actually is, and how quicky it is sinking further into a Byzantine morass.
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 8:35:16 AM EDT
[#48]
View Quote

I am not against "against" nuclear energy, I still can't get my head wrapped around what we do with the nuclear waste. Send it to the moon? The sun? Greenland or Antartica? That crap is dangerous for centuries.
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 8:38:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#49]
lol, perhaps practicing for that Ukrainian drone competition to land one in Russian territory at their parade for a million bucks.
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 8:40:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#50]
Remote sentry gun stations.

Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3912 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top