Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3996 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 12:42:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DK-Prof:

Honestly, that could just be him trying to scare the Russian military into giving him more supplies.
View Quote
Southern flank has shifted pretty significantly recently in UA's favor. Russkies I think have been trying to counterattack the counterattack to get those positions back.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 12:43:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cypher15] [#2]
Originally Posted By JTF:

Getting closer to the water.
Zolota Nyva
86km
https://i.postimg.cc/J09Hw54q/Zolota-Nyva.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JTF:
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fv2ClK0WYAUr0mE?format=jpg&name=large

Getting closer to the water.
Zolota Nyva
86km
https://i.postimg.cc/J09Hw54q/Zolota-Nyva.jpg
Dat looks like a bridgehead.  ETA: Ok not so much bridge head.. nvm Im dumb
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 12:46:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
get bof
View Quote

I've been somewhat pessimistic about Ukraine's ability to get back to the pre-2022 borders at least, but these announcements in addition to the EU ramping up artillery ammo production are giving me a lot of hope. Hopefully we see Western aircraft and more Western armor get delivered in the coming months.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 12:46:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By jhereg:

Would seem a waste to use them on tanks.   There's so much more they could do with them.   Unless they get thousands of them, and in that case Storm Shadow all the things!
View Quote

Sinking every surface combatant in the black sea capable of launching cruise missiles would probably be a good start.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 12:46:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 12:47:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Dracster:
Hit the pilings and drop the spans. No need to waste breath or paper.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dracster:
Originally Posted By theskuh:
Originally Posted By kncook:

Blast the in-bound lane to prove a message.

Hit the rails leave the lanes tell them they are next
Hit the pilings and drop the spans. No need to waste breath or paper.
If they can hit two of big ones they could totally fuck that bridge.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 12:51:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Israeli strikes, if you want to see what bunker busting JDAM's do.

View Quote

There were bunker buster bombs specifically stated on one of the aid packages. I asked about them several pages back.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 12:53:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
get bof
View Quote

I read this as the UK provided a handful of Storm Shadows for a handful of specific targets critical for the counteroffensive, and separately are looking for something else for everyday use
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 1:00:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 1:04:29 PM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 1:04:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Prime:
View Quote

I remember Kidofspeed finding bones while metal detecting there years ago. She would ride her ZX1100 through Piprat as well.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 1:06:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#12]

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 1:08:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Banditman:

I remember Kidofspeed finding bones while metal detecting there years ago. She would ride her ZX1100 through Piprat as well.
View Quote

Wasn't Kidofspeed a complete scam?

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 1:12:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Careful in today's troll thread. Its clearly a thread to get members into fights.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 1:12:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By MelGibsonEnthusiast:

I've been somewhat pessimistic about Ukraine's ability to get back to the pre-2022 borders at least, but these announcements in addition to the EU ramping up artillery ammo production are giving me a lot of hope. Hopefully we see Western aircraft and more Western armor get delivered in the coming months.
View Quote

All the press releases telling what has been given to Ukraine most likely has different time lines in reality. I have zero doubt that Ukraine has training and access to thinks we don't know about, and that weapons of all types are being tested by foreign militaries using their own troops in limited numbers, or wink wink contractors.
No matter the outcome, I have the Utmost respect for Ukraine the country, as well as the people there. They have shown immense courage, from Maidan onward. The world would be a much different place if the people we wasted decades of time and treasure on were half as courageous and freedom seeking as Ukraine.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 1:13:57 PM EDT
[#16]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fv2yMfNaUAAFN96?format=jpg&name=900x900
View Quote

This might be jumping the gun, and I don't take much of anything Prigozhin says at face value, but it's looking like Russian forces might be starting to culminate and get exhausted in Bakhmut. Months ago, I was one of the guys saying that the Ukrainians should withdraw from Bakhmut. Now, however, I've been thinking differently in light of events over the last month or so. At the very least, holding onto Bakhmut hasn't proven to be the obviously wrong decision that I and many others thought it to be.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 1:15:10 PM EDT
[#17]
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fv2N61hXwAERQ4M?format=jpg&name=large

View Quote

I want one of those set up just like that.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 1:16:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

View Quote

Yes.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 1:17:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#19]

A satellite image shows the electronic emissions signature of a brigade combat team (BCT) training at the National Training Center (NTC), Fort Irwin, California. The BCT is attacking southeast to northwest to seize several mountain passes (key terrain), while the opposing force (OPFOR) is conducting a reverse slope defense. The dispersed colored areas at the leading edge of the BCT and the greater intensity area to the lower left are the BCT reconnaissance units and lead maneuver battalions. The bright magenta-colored areas edged with yellow are various command posts and sustainment locations emitting highly conspicuous electromagnetic signatures. This image highlights the challenge of concealing modern-day command posts from detection and attack. The OPFOR at the NTC uses its electronic warfare systems to both generate images like this as training tools to show visiting units what their digital signatures look like from overhead sensors and also to target those units during the exercise using such imagery to simulate the actual threat posed by enemy detection and observation technologies on the modern-day battlefield. (Photo courtesy of Col. Scott Woodward, U.S. Army)  
View Quote

https://www.armyupress.army.mil/Journals/Military-Review/English-Edition-Archives/May-June-2023/Graveyard-of-Command-Posts/

Food for thought, and a look at U.S capabilities to see enemy transmissions via satellite.

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 1:19:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:

I want one of those set up just like that.
View Quote
CVRTs are very unique in how they drive.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 1:25:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By RockNwood:

@Easterner

That is good advice. As we get older I notice in myself and others, especially office workers, that we tend to get more straight ahead focused. When I started driving truck I had to re-develop that all around awareness that naturally grew from sports and labor jobs early in life. Like consciously making an effort to turn my head, move my eyes every few seconds. After a while it became a natural thing again. Don’t let yourself get tunnel vision, especially under stress. Practice deliberate and regular eye and head movement so under stress it is automatic. Remember that guy whom Predator shot from the side.

Stay safe brother.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bjfoien:
@Easterner

Good luck, and keep your head on a swivel.

@Easterner

That is good advice. As we get older I notice in myself and others, especially office workers, that we tend to get more straight ahead focused. When I started driving truck I had to re-develop that all around awareness that naturally grew from sports and labor jobs early in life. Like consciously making an effort to turn my head, move my eyes every few seconds. After a while it became a natural thing again. Don’t let yourself get tunnel vision, especially under stress. Practice deliberate and regular eye and head movement so under stress it is automatic. Remember that guy whom Predator shot from the side.

Stay safe brother.

thats a good point and I experienced the same. One thing that helped was going to work with both airpods in and listening to music. I makes you look around more, which becomes habit, even when not listening to music.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 1:26:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By CS223:
Dey Mad

View Quote

The one where Meg walks around singing a Beauty and the Beast parody song?  

That bit was totally on point.

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 1:26:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Video in tweet, note search radar is operating while drone watches.

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 1:26:24 PM EDT
[#24]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fv22y25XoAAeWcX?format=jpg&name=900x900

https://www.armyupress.army.mil/Journals/Military-Review/English-Edition-Archives/May-June-2023/Graveyard-of-Command-Posts/

Food for thought, and a look at U.S capabilities to see enemy transmissions via satellite.

View Quote

I didn't know this was a thing
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 1:29:49 PM EDT
[#25]

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 1:35:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

View Quote

She put out real vids and was not hard on the eyes. I know nothing beyond that
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 1:38:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Multiple troll threads are being started. It going to be avoid the trap day.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 1:40:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Russian TG

Assault on Belogorovka through the eyes of fighters

On April 28, after sudden attacks with thermobaric ammunition on the advanced positions of the Armed Forces of Ukraine on the outskirts of Belogorovka, the Akhmat detachment, consisting of 22 people, was able to quietly run several hundred meters to a water pumping station on the outskirts of the village.

The detachment of the National Guard protecting the factory building was destroyed within an hour. Hell has begun. Ukrainian artillery shamelessly poured shells on the building of the plant and the only approach to it. The guys were completely cut off from retreat or help.

Attack aircraft of the 77th Airmobile Brigade of the Armed Forces of Ukraine were used. The Akhmat detachment repulsed four assaults in the first few days, including thanks to the artillery of our South group. The enemy has a whole company disheveled, according to the testimony of the prisoners.

After the failed assaults of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, they ironed the plant with artillery and tanks for five days.

On the eighth day, our guys were able to rotate. The fight continues. Of the 22 fighters, 17 survived. All with various injuries. Apti Alaudinov personally met them, the castle of the 2nd AK.

All nominated for state awards

https://t.me/Ugolok_Sitha/13488
Video
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 1:41:48 PM EDT
[#29]

The Kerch bridge has to be #1 target for these. No other target can have as much impact. The Black Sea ports and the huge depots in Luhansk oblast. And anything major that assist them getting to Mariupol.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Charging_Handle:
Hallelujah!!!   Storm Shadows arriving!!

Way ahead of hinted deliveries. Anxious to get more details!!

https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/11/politics/uk-storm-shadow-cruise-missiles-ukraine/index.html

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_0755-2812957.jpg

Wow! Now there is a serious game changer! It is also way ahead of the anticipated delivery schedule. That said, I imagine any deliveries of these missiles will be in extremely small numbers, so Ukrainians will likely reserve these for the most lucrative of targets.

I suspect this will motivate any fence sitters currently left in Crimea to get the fuck out of Dodge while the Kerch Strait Bridge is still standing.

The Kerch bridge has to be #1 target for these. No other target can have as much impact. The Black Sea ports and the huge depots in Luhansk oblast. And anything major that assist them getting to Mariupol.

I'm getting a chubby now.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 1:42:15 PM EDT
[#30]
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fv3RErJXwAIsU_N?format=jpg&name=medium
View Quote

I'd say that is a pretty safe assumption.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 2:02:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
Multiple troll threads are being started. It going to be avoid the trap day.
View Quote
The bots/shills are getting their marching orders from their FSB handlers. It seems like the counter-offensive is officially underway.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 2:05:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By The_Gooch:
The bots/shills are getting their marching orders from their FSB handlers. It seems like the counter-offensive is officially underway.
View Quote
I really don't think they get orders so much as get inspired to do something.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 2:05:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Freiheit8472:

How about they announce this kind of stuff by sinking something first!
View All Quotes

It could be possible that the real timeline is still toward the end of the year but this is to sow panic and have the Russians push all their supply depots and command back another 100km. That would probably be almost effective as actually destroying them but on a much accelerated timeline. Just spitballing
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 2:12:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 2:19:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By SoCalExile:
View Quote

Dropping on enemy troops behind nearby cover?
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 2:20:38 PM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes

They have to allow Putin enough time to say
he'll nuke somebody if they're used.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 2:21:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 2:22:37 PM EDT
[#38]

Look at the respect they showed that man. Most of the people there probably hardly knew him, yet the town gave him the same funeral they would give to their own sons. Ukraine is very worthy of our support. If the South Vietnamese, Afghans and Iraqis had fought half as hard as Ukrainians have, perhaps their stories would be drastically different today.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 2:26:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By SoCalExile:
View Quote

This is starting just as I expected. They have the Russians so confused and panicked they don't know whether to shit or go blind. The entire front could easily collapse within days given the poor morale and condition the Russian troops are in.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 2:26:17 PM EDT
[#40]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By The_Gooch:
The typical GD puffer is a few rungs down the food chain and probably doesn't go to check a "dead drop" so to speak, but whomever in media they mindlessly follow has certainly been given a new set of narrative talking points in the past few days.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 2:29:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Depending on the number of missiles on hand I would put a priority on oil ports if they are in range. Destroy those ports and Russia takes a big hit in the pocket book. Air bases around Rostov On Don would be a solid place to hit too.
View All Quotes

Depending on the number of missiles on hand I would put a priority on oil ports if they are in range. Destroy those ports and Russia takes a big hit in the pocket book. Air bases around Rostov On Don would be a solid place to hit too.

Get both!
Drop the bridge where the ships pass under it.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 2:34:39 PM EDT
[#42]
View All Quotes

Ukraine promised not to use them on Russian territory, Rostov is out as well as any ports not in Ukraine. So Crimea is in as well as Mariupol, but Rostov is out.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 2:38:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HIPPO] [#43]
more in this thread from WarGonzo moar last one in this post
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 2:41:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#44]

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 2:43:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#45]
Cleansing trenches from Russians

https://twitter.com/markito0171/status/1656575168637018113

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 2:49:29 PM EDT
[#46]

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 2:49:53 PM EDT
[#47]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fv3B3dxWIAAIK8u?format=jpg&name=900x900
View Quote

That thing has to be all battery
to get 600 miles out of it.  Is
the lithium battery also the
explosive?
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 2:51:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 2:52:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 2:53:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By jungatheart:

explosive?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jungatheart:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fv3B3dxWIAAIK8u?format=jpg&name=900x900

explosive?

There are no other details on its internal makeup yet.  I'm guessing a small warhead, probably a gas engine instead of electric.
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3996 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top