Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3997 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 2:53:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Bet that recent batch of migs were upgraded with targeting systems for storm shadow.  Probably why it took awhile to get them transferred.

And likely the only on w that can fire them.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 2:54:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Charging_Handle:

Look at the respect they showed that man. Most of the people there probably hardly knew him, yet the town gave him the same funeral they would give to their own sons. Ukraine is very worthy of our support. If the South Vietnamese, Afghans and Iraqis had fought half as hard as Ukrainians have, perhaps their stories would be drastically different today.
View Quote

Put that quote on a poster, and hang it on the wall, in Washington DC.

CMOS
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 2:57:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Ladies and gentlemen, sit back and enjoy the panic.

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 2:58:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
Video in tweet, note search radar is operating while drone watches.

View Quote

I hope this is the guys the wagnor head interviewed a few days ago that said they had plenty of ammo.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:08:02 PM EDT
[#5]
lololol
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:08:55 PM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:09:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:09:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:11:30 PM EDT
[#9]
standing by for more info and confirmation
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:16:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By The_Gooch:
The typical GD puffer is a few rungs down the food chain and probably doesn't go to check a "dead drop" so to speak, but whomever in media they mindlessly follow has certainly been given a new set of narrative talking points in the past few days.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By m35ben:
The bots/shills are getting their marching orders from their FSB handlers. It seems like the counter-offensive is officially underway.
I really don't think they get orders so much as get inspired to do something.
The typical GD puffer is a few rungs down the food chain and probably doesn't go to check a "dead drop" so to speak, but whomever in media they mindlessly follow has certainly been given a new set of narrative talking points in the past few days.

It is curious how it flares up whenever things are going poorly for Russia/well for Ukraine, isn't it.  
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:16:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Russian sources, posted 30 min ago.

View Quote

LOL!

We’re going to see him posting that conclusion a lot in the coming weeks!

Boo hoo! Send me more meat bags to get blown up!
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:18:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
get bof
View Quote

Did ARFCOM infiltrate the UK defense ministry?  Love them!

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:19:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Another air defense system hit.

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:23:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:23:49 PM EDT
[#15]

Look at the respect they showed that man. Most of the people there probably hardly knew him, yet the town gave him the same funeral they would give to their own sons. Ukraine is very worthy of our support. If the South Vietnamese, Afghans and Iraqis had fought half as hard as Ukrainians have, perhaps their stories would be drastically different today.
View All Quotes

Big +1. Time and again, whether it's this or things like taking care of animals, you get real insights into the culture of the people.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:25:35 PM EDT
[#16]
lol, psyop campaign.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fv2GjE3XgAIe4jX?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

Good work Boys!  We’re moving you out of maintenance to Intelligence!  The Rooskies won’t know what hit them.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:28:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:30:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Multiple troll threads are being started. It going to be avoid the trap day.
View Quote

I have noticed on other websites, they usually hit the hardest before bad news comes out. Maybe the counteroffensive really has begun, as stated in the post above yours?
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:32:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By MelGibsonEnthusiast:

Fuck yes. This is easily the best news I've heard in a few months. Even if they don't supply them in large numbers (IIRC they only have 700 - 1000 of them), they'll still be extremely beneficial in terms of messing with Russian logistics. Just a few depots getting blown up deep behind Russian lines is going to force them to either move their depots back further or spread them out. Plus, this is also extremely beneficial in terms of setting the precedent for sending long range munitions. The Russians are almost certainly going to do nothing other than moan and groan about red lines and nukes, thus demonstrating that escalation is not a valid reason to not give the Ukrainians long range strike capability.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RockNwood:
Hallelujah!!!   Storm Shadows arriving!!

Way ahead of hinted deliveries. Anxious to get more details!!

https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/11/politics/uk-storm-shadow-cruise-missiles-ukraine/index.html

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_0755-2812957.jpg

Fuck yes. This is easily the best news I've heard in a few months. Even if they don't supply them in large numbers (IIRC they only have 700 - 1000 of them), they'll still be extremely beneficial in terms of messing with Russian logistics. Just a few depots getting blown up deep behind Russian lines is going to force them to either move their depots back further or spread them out. Plus, this is also extremely beneficial in terms of setting the precedent for sending long range munitions. The Russians are almost certainly going to do nothing other than moan and groan about red lines and nukes, thus demonstrating that escalation is not a valid reason to not give the Ukrainians long range strike capability.

Very good points!
Perhaps this will pave the way for the UK-NL initiative to supply F16s.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:32:29 PM EDT
[#20]
lol, psyop campaign.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fv2GjE3XgAIe4jX?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

That would be a great teabag.  Make fun of the Shaheed bullshit.  Unfortunately Stormshadow won’t reach Iran.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:36:23 PM EDT
[#21]
View Quote
I hope it's dipped in hot glue and rolled in sand
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:37:33 PM EDT
[#22]
12 min ago.

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:39:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Prime:
View Quote

I mean, I love watching the guy but the reasoning is bonkers.
We had to invade Ukraine first to get a jump on their counterattack which happened as a result of our invasion, and before they got all the good shit the west handed them because of our invasion.
I would like to think that some Russians are at least getting a good laugh while they contemplate national collapse.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:41:18 PM EDT
[#24]
12 min ago.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fv3uBDQWcAwHNjn?format=jpg&name=900x900
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:42:16 PM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes
get bof

Don't look at me i been at work all day

but i did smile when i saw it on the news
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:44:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:

All the press releases telling what has been given to Ukraine most likely has different time lines in reality. I have zero doubt that Ukraine has training and access to thinks we don't know about, and that weapons of all types are being tested by foreign militaries using their own troops in limited numbers, or wink wink contractors.
No matter the outcome, I have the Utmost respect for Ukraine the country, as well as the people there. They have shown immense courage, from Maidan onward. The world would be a much different place if the people we wasted decades of time and treasure on were half as courageous and freedom seeking as Ukraine.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By lorazepam:

I've been somewhat pessimistic about Ukraine's ability to get back to the pre-2022 borders at least, but these announcements in addition to the EU ramping up artillery ammo production are giving me a lot of hope. Hopefully we see Western aircraft and more Western armor get delivered in the coming months.

All the press releases telling what has been given to Ukraine most likely has different time lines in reality. I have zero doubt that Ukraine has training and access to thinks we don't know about, and that weapons of all types are being tested by foreign militaries using their own troops in limited numbers, or wink wink contractors.
No matter the outcome, I have the Utmost respect for Ukraine the country, as well as the people there. They have shown immense courage, from Maidan onward. The world would be a much different place if the people we wasted decades of time and treasure on were half as courageous and freedom seeking as Ukraine.

Bold text is painful truth. We’ve been stomping around the ME doing Saudi bidding for peoples who hate us, and revert to what they have been since 630AD the minute we depart. Anything we do there should be quick punitive strike and nothing more. Let them kill each other.

Ukraine is a refreshing instance of civilization and honor combating barbarians, fighting their own fight that benefits the world. Well worth every billion of support.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:45:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By AuNate:

I have noticed on other websites, they usually hit the hardest before bad news comes out. Maybe the counteroffensive really has begun, as stated in the post above yours?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AuNate:

All signs are pointing in that direction.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:45:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:47:16 PM EDT
[#29]
View Quote

Time, once again, to stay in the boat?
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:49:06 PM EDT
[#30]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fv22y25XoAAeWcX?format=jpg&name=900x900

https://www.armyupress.army.mil/Journals/Military-Review/English-Edition-Archives/May-June-2023/Graveyard-of-Command-Posts/

Food for thought, and a look at U.S capabilities to see enemy transmissions via satellite.

View All Quotes

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fv22y25XoAAeWcX?format=jpg&name=900x900
    A satellite image shows the electronic emissions signature of a brigade combat team (BCT) training at the National Training Center (NTC), Fort Irwin, California. The BCT is attacking southeast to northwest to seize several mountain passes (key terrain), while the opposing force (OPFOR) is conducting a reverse slope defense. The dispersed colored areas at the leading edge of the BCT and the greater intensity area to the lower left are the BCT reconnaissance units and lead maneuver battalions. The bright magenta-colored areas edged with yellow are various command posts and sustainment locations emitting highly conspicuous electromagnetic signatures. This image highlights the challenge of concealing modern-day command posts from detection and attack. The OPFOR at the NTC uses its electronic warfare systems to both generate images like this as training tools to show visiting units what their digital signatures look like from overhead sensors and also to target those units during the exercise using such imagery to simulate the actual threat posed by enemy detection and observation technologies on the modern-day battlefield. (Photo courtesy of Col. Scott Woodward, U.S. Army)  

https://www.armyupress.army.mil/Journals/Military-Review/English-Edition-Archives/May-June-2023/Graveyard-of-Command-Posts/

Food for thought, and a look at U.S capabilities to see enemy transmissions via satellite.

That is awesome detail. From space!

I need to buy more carrier pigeons…
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:49:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#31]
DT…
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:49:50 PM EDT
[#32]

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:50:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By ludder093:
Ukrainian counter-offensive 'in full swing'
View Quote
I am still not sure , looks like they let some of the boys out to play just to mess with them and mix it up a bit
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:53:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By planemaker:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By planemaker:

I intend on staying in the boat indefinitely. I just don't have the energy to deal with the trolling, retardation, and delusion.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:54:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Video in tweet, note search radar is operating while drone watches.

View Quote

Crazy that these little drones can slip through so easily and then call in artillery to smack ‘em. The offensive could be a blood bath with 10,000 operators.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:54:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Well it looks like my productivity is shot to hell for the foreseeable future(F5,F5,F5) like it was during the summer/fall when Russia was getting its shit pushed in.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:55:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Mal_means_bad:
Six or seven months ago there were a rash of photos of training unit vehicle symbols and patches on dead Russians when Putin sent most of his trainers in to help stabilize the situation after the Kharkiv collapse, before the mass mobilization could get rolling.  Many here recognized that he was "eating his seedcorn" and there must be very few trainers left for the big mobilization.  I thought they'd still manage some kind of training, even if it was straight out of the book with green inexperienced training officers, but I'm happy to be proven wrong.  Logistics and the officer corps must be strained to the breaking point.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mal_means_bad:
Originally Posted By Capta:
Originally Posted By Prime:
Tatarigami thread.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1656338769602019341.html

Some good points. The Russian infantry isn't improving. They rely heavily on artillery. I think the long range weapons like storm shadow could further crimp their logistics. Some analyst said that after HIMARS arrived Russia had to move its supply depots back 30km. This required ten times more trucks which they do not have to move ammo to the front and resulted in a dramatic drop in shells per day being fired.

Force those depots back 100-200km and blow more rail bridges and Russian logistics would grind to a halt.

The training issue is important.  We've been seeing reports that more or less confirm the lack of training effort across the Army.
It's shocking but there it is.  If the Russian Army was going to really train people it would've been during the October mobilization.  At least they could've committed to training a good percentage of them.  They didn't.  They threw them all in to the meatgrinder and they're probably about gone now.
Russia is probably too corrupt and under much stress to be organizationally capable of training a mass army.  They are what they are.  They will lurch forward under the weight of artillery and blood until they collapse.
Six or seven months ago there were a rash of photos of training unit vehicle symbols and patches on dead Russians when Putin sent most of his trainers in to help stabilize the situation after the Kharkiv collapse, before the mass mobilization could get rolling.  Many here recognized that he was "eating his seedcorn" and there must be very few trainers left for the big mobilization.  I thought they'd still manage some kind of training, even if it was straight out of the book with green inexperienced training officers, but I'm happy to be proven wrong.  Logistics and the officer corps must be strained to the breaking point.

There were reports of that even going back to March and April 2022.  That said, even you aren’t a formally educated “trainer”, anyone who’s lived the duration knows a thing or two.   Even if Russia burned its training units, it’s still possible to reconstitute them at least with experienced soldiers who have practical knowledge.  That doesn’t seem to be happening and any “training” that happens is probably taking place in the trench while the shit is hitting the fan.
My own speculation - all their organizational resources are going into keeping a massively overstressed logistics system running.  I think they’re already in the early stages of collapse and when Ukraine really stresses them, they probably will.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:56:43 PM EDT
[#38]
View Quote

Thx for the warning Ben.
Plenty to discuss inside the boat today!
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:57:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By UKjohn:
I am still not sure , looks like they let some of the boys out to play just to mess with them and mix it up a bit
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By UKjohn:
Yep, I suspect we ain't seen nothin' yet.

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:58:21 PM EDT
[#40]

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:07:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:13:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Translated video in tweet.

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:14:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Hit Sevastopol first, wreck some ships, set the harbor on fire then drop the Kerch.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:15:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:17:08 PM EDT
[#45]
lololol
View Quote

3” compasses are piling up on shelves while the 6” compasses are flying off as fast as they can stock them!
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:18:32 PM EDT
[#46]
View Quote

Bahkmut Bob: EVERYTHING IS FINE NO NEED TO PANIC
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:20:31 PM EDT
[#47]
View Quote

Comon page 4,000
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:20:51 PM EDT
[#48]
View Quote

That will be hugely important if they have the numbers of EW units to cover the offensive.

About time!
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:21:15 PM EDT
[#49]
I need to go to bed , i am up a 4am .
Don't start without me .
and "STAY IN THE FUCKIN BOAT"
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:22:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zam18th] [#50]
Hallelujah!!!   Storm Shadows arriving!!

Way ahead of hinted deliveries. Anxious to get more details!!

https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/11/politics/uk-storm-shadow-cruise-missiles-ukraine/index.html

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_0755-2812957.jpg
View Quote

Did I read right that it has a thousand pound warhead? That really changes things in terms of destructive power too. I think there are going to be some bridges out soon.

ETA: Beat
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3997 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top